The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2003, 04:14 AM   #1
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
1420! Walk to the Kitchen - The Gaffer's Challenge

Have you looked at the Walk to Rivendell challenge lately? Do you find that you would love to be a part of it, but you just don't want to walk that far?
Perhaps some of you can walk Fatty Bolger's route. But what of us who lack the motivation and stamina?
Then this challenge is for you! (And me...) Your goal is to not walk more than .5 (one half) of a mile, and this may only be spent walking back and forth from the kitchen, bathroom and to the front porch for a nap. The rest of the day is to be spent eating and napping. You may use an odometer, but that is not recommended. Instead, measure one of your strides and keep count during the day. (Exercise your head, not your body)
If at all possible, you must ask people to bring you things so you don't have to get up.
The only exercise allowed is exercising your arms, either with a pint or doing the Wave for your favorite Disco King.

(I may say, this is more challenging than you may think. I could never get through a day without someone yelling at me...can you?)

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:52 AM   #2
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Wonderful idea, Oddwen [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm sure that by the end of the challenge I'll be looking more slender than ever... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-03-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As a Rivendell walker I have to say: lol [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
If it wouldn't clash with the other I'd try it out!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:37 AM   #4
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I dont get it.. That is walking the distance that it would take in reality to get to Rivendell?.. to get people away fropm the computer?... Ive heard about it but i still dont get it...

I already run 10 Kilometres a day...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 10:50 AM   #5
Frightened_Balrog

Thumbs up

I think that I could really get in to this....maybe it would help to be alittle less lazy...um, yup! Thanks for the idea. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
I shall use it to torture people..... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] !
Old 05-13-2003, 03:24 PM   #6
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

I would definetly do that if I didn't have so many things to do... ie. dance, school, babysit, ya know? Fun stuff!
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #7
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
That's basically what I do on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons, but if I did it too much I would get in more trouble than I already do. Regrettably, I have no younger siblings to get things for me... I have to do it myself. I'm not sure if such rigorous exercise would be good for me however... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote