The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #601
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
So far I've made it through Morm and his early vote and then lock in for Hakon is unsettling to me.
I thought that odd as well. The early vote would make sense if he knew he wouldn't be around later, but what was the point of locking it in? I think Sally did the same thing. Why eliminate your chance for retraction, not knowing what may happen closer to DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Inzil: first says nothing, then goes after me. I ask you, why, as a baddie, would I have pointed it out at all (without accusing Mira at the same time!)? To alarm the ranger? You keep on throwing out vague suspicions without backing them up.
I wasn't attacking you, per se. An innocent would certainly have an interest in pointing it out, but so would a wolf to a packmate who'd just made a dangerous error. The way you worded it seemed to me a bit more along the lines of the latter scenario, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
2. The early votes piling up against Rikae and Mira do not meet my approval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Where's the pile-up?
Indeed. Early in the Day, and many possibilities still.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #602
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It looks like Rikae and Mira are being met with a lot of suspicion, which is reflected in the voting. Yes, one or two votes are not necessarily significant, but shall I wait until it's three or four votes until I tell you I don't like the choice? Pitch was lynched with five votes. I'm not over-reacting at all, just trying to nip two upcoming foolish bandwaggons in the bud.

Form's critical yet cautious approach looks innocent to me, but I think Nerwen's flippant way is a bit eyebrow-raising (though, admitted, Nerwen is almost always flippant), and Inzil's wolvish "there are still many possibilities" has in all likelihood secured my vote for him today.

edit: curse of the 2nd language... "flippant" is not really the right word on second thought, I'm meaning something like "relaxed", "casual", "not serious"...

Last edited by Macalaure; 08-15-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #603
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Although... Rikae has been defending herself rather vigorously--which is fair, since she's come under a fair amount of suspicion, I guess--but it's sending mixed signals to me in a sense. On the one hand, there's sort of an air of "Fine, whatever: I'm an ordo and you're going to kill me and I'm going to give you all the reasons you shouldn't"--a sense of not caring, in other words... but with a sort of consistent earnestness that, obviously, says she does care.
What can I say? I do care. Partly because I want to help the village and not have everyone waste their time attacking/lynching me (and yes, a wolf can always say that, but there's my thinking for you all to consider) and partly because, I'll admit it, a lot of the accusations hurt my pride, since they seem to imply I am either a stupid or dishonorable player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I wasn't attacking you, per se. An innocent would certainly have an interest in pointing it out, but so would a wolf to a packmate who'd just made a dangerous error. The way you worded it seemed to me a bit more along the lines of the latter scenario, that's all.
I don't think a wolf-Mac would have pointed out a wolf-Mira's error in that case, but hoped it would be overlooked. Although actually, I'm inclined to think Mira only made an honest mistake, anyway, or is not a wolf or bear in any event. If she were a wolf or bear and thought the phantom was gifted, she'd try to paint him as a wolf and get him lynched or, failing that, kill him herself toNight - the worst she could reasonably be is a cobbler, which she might, but we have bigger fish to fry. If Mac were a wolf or bear, pointing out the cobbler's cobblerishness would be a silly move.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #604
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
just to add to the above - a silly move right now, I mean. If it were necessary for the baddies to find a scapegoat, later in the game, probably, baddies going after the cobbler would make sense, but it doesn't really make sense now.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #605
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Friendly vote count from Beyond

Mira --> Rikae
Shasta --> Mira
Morm --> Rikae (2)
Alona --> Morm
Nerwen --> Mira (2)

Rikae and Mira 2, Morm 1.

And the Dark Monarch is spleeny pottle-deep moldwarp!
(<3 Shakespeare)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #606
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hakon Voters:

-Morm – weird vote and retract and vote again just because Hakon commented on something Morm said pre-game

-Alona – voted early because she said she might not be around… always the possibility to retract later… thought that Hakon bringing up surveys just felt weird and agreed with what Morm says about Hakon earlier

-Sally – gave no reasoning for her vote in her vote post but in a previous post she said that she didn’t like Hakon trying to stir things up and being laid back at the same time. She said it looked squirmy (218).

-Autume (later retracted) – Didn’t give any reason for voting Hakon… not even a little. Then switched to Pitchwife (one minute before deadline to push Pitchwife over the edge) also without reason. She says she can expand on it toDay. I think it is time for that explanation.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #607
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wild-eye and Hover Girl are both mad mustachio purple-hued maltworms
Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #608
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pitchwife Voters:

-Shasta – voted Pitchwife because of his first post which Shasta translated into "No, Bear, don't join the innocents against me and my wolf friends, plzkthx." (392)

-Rikae – first joked that Pitchwife would get her vote because Shasta voted for him and Shasta is a wolf-catching machine, thinks Pitchwife is jumpy for changing his vote when pressed, votes based on a gut feeling

-Nienna- I shall leave it to someone else to analyze me (as I might be a bit biased)

-Hakon – to save own skin

-Autume – See Hakon voters above

Based on looking through these I think I would like to hear more from Shasta though I believe he is busy ToDay moving in college and what-not and Autume is making me wary right now... so I'm hoping she will clarify her votes or else she is looking quite suspicious to me.

Last edited by Nienna; 08-15-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added link
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #609
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I thought I'd better thoroughly analyze the people who were flying under my radar the most. I have a feeling I might have been focusing too much on those who suspected me, while the wolves sat back and enjoyed the show... so here's my summery of Alona, Shasta, Autume and Durelin:

Alona:

Day 1

Banter, admits saying she feared phantom on survey.

Banter.

Yet more banter.

Asks Nerwen to stop writing backward.

Goofing around

Still more goofing around.

Comolains about number of pages, needs to catch up.

Agrees with Lari on roles matching survey answers. Votes for Hakon - seemingly uncertain placeholder vote; thinks he wouldn't attract so much attention as a wolf or bear, but still finds survey suggestion "feels weird" (hm, actually, she contributed to the survey talk above, a contradiction), considers him possible cobbler.

Explains to Mac that she needs to be more original. Suspects Hakon ("not all newbie mistakes"), thanks me for defending her, I guess. Seems a little *too* nice, somehow, like she's looking for allies.

Vote count

Banter

"Where are the 10 some odd people that still have to vote...?"

"I think Pitchwife panicked, to be quite honest. I'm more inclined to believe cobblery or bear-ery (?) from Hakon than Pitchwife."

"♥ Nienna."

Day 2:

Makes the odd statement that we "gave the wolves too much" on Day 1, thinks they jumped on the bandwagons. Makes the also-odd statement that she voted for Hakon because he was abusing newbie errors "a mistake that both Rikae and I made". Not sure what she means - I didn't vote for that reason or say that about anyone - and it gives me an odd feeling of having someone ride my coattails or something. Nessa one to watch, the more traps the better.

"Or someone wants to frame Rikae...and then that begs the question, which players would be at an advantage if she were gone?"

Mira doing a great job.

"Possible...and I have another (newbie) question. Are we allowed to arrange our deaths in a manner that would leave clues for the good guys to figure out who killed us?"

Makes sense for bear to be newbie, for bear to keep wolves around, agreeing with Mira, just thought Hakon was a cobbler.

Doesn't suspect me, suspects Inzil.

Votes morm for "hiding behind a vote" - care to explain a little more, alona? I don't quite understand this.

Shasta

Day 1:

Banter, tells people to lay off Nerwen (for backwards writing), banter about voting phantom. Something about the style of this post seems a little tense to me.

More banter.

More banter related to previous game and gifteds leaving clues (sorry, don't get it, wasn't there).

Votes Pitchwife because he thinks his disagreement with phantom looks like ""No, Bear, don't join the innocents against me and my wolf friends, plzkthx.", apparently. Not a good reason, especially considering that I could probably have been accused of that more than Pitchwife could (although I think Shasta explained later he wasn't caught up - but didn't change vote). I took the vote itself as a point against Pitchwife anyway, though, since I firmly believe in Shasta's ESP. Call me superstitious if you like... but look at his record!

Explaining he wasn't caught up to phantom, who made the point above.

Likes Dury's remark about phantom's ego.

Vote against Pitchwife "Stands for now" after Pitchwife's retraction. Doesn't like when people vote to keep someone "more useful" around.

Vote count, plus "Noteworthy: Pitchwife seemed to freak a bit after suspicion turned to him and jumped on Mac's vote for alona, but why didn't he vote for Hakon if he were evil?" - seems to be thinking Pitchwife more innocentish, then?

Accuses Form of lying because of mix-up over Shasta suspecting me.

Day 2:

"Definitely not wanted. What does an innocent morm gain from saying this? Hint - it's "nothing". (mistaking Mira for Morm and referring to Mira's phantom comment)

"You're right, it was Mira. Sorry morm.

Also, one too many e's, newreN."

Votes Mira "for pointing out gifteds, which is how we caught Boro last game"

Autume:

Day 1:

Likes phantom's advice to gifteds to leave hints. Thinks gifteds should make sure they will be found (in spite of the fact that phantom wasn't talking about those kinds of hints).

Thinks we shouldn't vote for Fea. Finds Hakon suspicious - no explanation.

Keeping an eye on phantom because she hasn't played with him before (???) and suspects me because she played with me before once (???) no explanation of that. (I was the hunter in the game in question).

Agrees with my suspicion of phantom, jokes about hunters being scary (in reply to my question about her last post).

Votes for Hakon with no explanation.

Changes vote from Hakon to Pitch. Promises to explain Day 2.

Day 2:

Explains vote by basically saying she agreed with others' suspicions of Pitchwife, if I read it correctly.

Tells morm she's female.

Doesn't think I'm a wolf. Thinks it suspicious that phantom voted last-minute after suggesting early deadline.

Can't decide on phantom, asks for others' opinions on his quote about Pitchwife not leaving hints. (I think it could be quite innocent, but if it's a wolf phantom he could, of course, be trying to cover up Pitch's hints toward a fellow wolf... also, by analyzing Pitch we may be able to find a semi-known innocent, if he dreamed an ordo... worth analyzing Pitch anyway, I think, although this has exhausted me so I doubt I'll be the one to do it)

Durelin:

Day 1:

Seems sensible, but maybe I think so because she agrees with me on phantom. Also considers me possibly suspicious. Thinks Nessa is forced seeming "especially when it seemed like she was sweet-talking Rikae" (when was that? I don't remember seeing it), disagrees with Brinn and Hakon but doesn't seem to suspect them. Survey talk a waste of time.

"Have to say this - Arguing that a Fea-vote is no different from a No-vote is completely pointless, considering that a person can certainly think a No-vote is just as ridiculous...except of course if used as a last minute tool."

Votes for Nessa: "Her posts #151, 154, and 159 are particularly unnerving. Maybe it's just that I disagree with her plain and simply, and that her personality rubs me the wrong way (which of course I kinda how I feel about Hakon... >_>). Basically she seems to be trying very hard to be agreeable and to discuss *something* and ends up commentating on the situation and making really weird generalizations about Day 1 and voting."

I'll post my opinions of each in my next post... too overwhelming to try and post them with all this.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #610
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*apologizes to Autume* I realized that you had started to explain your voting in the beginning of ToDay. I'd still like to hear a bit more but you are looking less suspicious to me now.

Last edited by Nienna; 08-15-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: bolding
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #611
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Alona -
I'm not sure - somewhat suspicious, at least. I get a weird feeling of trying to be super-friendly and gain allies from her, and a sense she's somehow trying to associate herself with me (in the "Rikae made the same mistake") - I find myself wondering if she's a mistaken cobbler who thinks I'm a wolf...? Could be a newbie wolf or bear trying to be too likable to suspect... or it could just be her style.

Shasta -
His vote was for weird reasons, and he seems to have later had second thoughts and not changed it. Then again, that is consistent with the Shasta I know - only slightly suspicious.

Autume - My sig says it all. There just really doesn't seem to be enough actual content in her posts - not enough of her own opinions - to make a judgment. A shot in the dark. Needs to talk more.

Durelin - only a few posts, and sort of a feeling of detached commentary about them. Nothing particularly suspicious about the commentary itself, I suppose.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #612
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wild-eye and Hover Girl are both mad mustachio purple-hued maltworms
the Dark Monarch is a misbegotten, ill-breeding mass of bug splatter.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-15-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #613
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
-Autume (later retracted) – Didn’t give any reason for voting Hakon… not even a little. Then switched to Pitchwife (one minute before deadline to push Pitchwife over the edge) also without reason. She says she can expand on it toDay. I think it is time for that explanation.
I gave my explanation already. You can see my explanation here: Post #494.

Edit: x-ed with 609 down
Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #614
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes yes I apologized! See apology above.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #615
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
"I think Pitchwife panicked, to be quite honest. I'm more inclined to believe cobblery or bear-ery (?) from Hakon than Pitchwife."
No brownie points for thinking Pitch was innocent?

Quote:
Makes the odd statement that we "gave the wolves too much" on Day 1, thinks they jumped on the bandwagons. Makes the also-odd statement that she voted for Hakon because he was abusing newbie errors "a mistake that both Rikae and I made". Not sure what she means - I didn't vote for that reason or say that about anyone - and it gives me an odd feeling of having someone ride my coattails or something. Nessa one to watch, the more traps the better.
The reason I've been seeming to fly under the radar is because there was so much posting to wade through during Day 1. It made it hard for me to go back and try to sniff out someone who was consistently seeming suspicious to me, which is why I didn't post as much. Day 2 is easier because I'm around more and don't have work, but I am trying to hold my own in the debate now (I hope).

Quote:
Votes morm for "hiding behind a vote" - care to explain a little more, alona? I don't quite understand this.
He says you two seem the most suspicious, so votes for you. And then he says that Mira seems cobblerish? Why not vote for her? I won't say anymore until he gets back, though, to give him a chance to answer, too.

Quote:
Alona -
I'm not sure - somewhat suspicious, at least. I get a weird feeling of trying to be super-friendly and gain allies from her, and a sense she's somehow trying to associate herself with me (in the "Rikae made the same mistake") - I find myself wondering if she's a mistaken cobbler who thinks I'm a wolf...? Could be a newbie wolf or bear trying to be too likable to suspect... or it could just be her style.
I think Lari can back me up on this, if you ask her - I am a newbie at this, and as such, feel rather sad when I get votes. I just thought it nice that someone defended me, that's all. And now the votes are gathering for you and Mira - when I don't suspect either of you much of cobblery/wolvery/bear-ery - I feel I should try to stop another lynching that would put our numbers down.

Last edited by alonariel; 08-15-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: X'd with Rikae
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #616
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Regarding the vote explanations:

Morm and Sally locked their votes in weirdly, wasting any chance to retract - really, both ought to explain.

Autume made one unexplained vote, and switched her vote saying she would explain the next day, but her only explanation was that other people suspected Pitch. Actually looks rather innocentish, but I still don't approve of badly-explained votes and hope to see more effort in the future.

Alona explained her vote very oddly, with the talk about thinking he was a cobbler, me making the same mistakes, etc.

more in a minute...

EDIT: X'd with Nienna and Alona. Accidentally quoted this post instead of editing, deleted double post, hope that's ok.

Last edited by Rikae; 08-15-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #617
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
No brownie points for thinking Pitch was innocent?
Actually... a wolf would have more reason to think that than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alona
The reason I've been seeming to fly under the radar is because there was so much posting to wade through during Day 1. It made it hard for me to go back and try to sniff out someone who was consistently seeming suspicious to me, which is why I didn't post as much. Day 2 is easier because I'm around more and don't have work, but I am trying to hold my own in the debate now (I hope).
Fair enough. I wasn't really accusing you of posting too little, anyway, but just saying you were flying under my radar - that is to say, I hadn't been able to form an opinion on you because I'd focused on the controversial people/the people suspecting me etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alona
I think Lari can back me up on this, if you ask her - I am a newbie at this, and as such, feel rather sad when I get votes. I just thought it nice that someone defended me, that's all. And now the votes are gathering for you and Mira - when I don't suspect either of you much of cobblery/wolvery/bear-ery - I feel I should try to stop another lynching that would put our numbers down.
I can understand that. I'm an "old" player (well, middle-aged to the likes of Form, Fea and Lommy), and I still don't like being voted for. That said, though, I defend people because I think the accusation is flawed, not to be nice (I like lots of people here, in fact, I married one, but I don't hesitate to accuse them when they look suspicious ).
Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #618
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Yes yes I apologized! See apology above.
All's forgiven. I had already posted and realized I had crossed with your post by that time.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #619
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Autume made one unexplained vote, and switched her vote saying she would explain the next day, but her only explanation was that other people suspected Pitch. Actually looks rather innocentish, but I still don't approve of badly-explained votes and hope to see more effort in the future.
I learned a valuable lesson. I'll remember to leave explanations for the person I'm voting. I also will be more careful with my votes. I never intended to kill the Seer. It's just the way it happened.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #620
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Actually... a wolf would have more reason to think that than anyone else.
I still feel crappy about losing a Seer, so my joy is short-lived. I just hope I can help derail a bandwaggon that might possibly kill another on of our gifteds in the future. I'm not sure how good I am at guessing people's roles - either just from feeling, or from clues they might leave. Again, still very new at all of this.

Quote:
I can understand that. I'm an "old" player (well, middle-aged to the likes of Form, Fea and Lommy), and I still don't like being voted for. That said, though, I defend people because I think the accusation is flawed, not to be nice (I like lots of people here, in fact, I married one, but I don't hesitate to accuse them when they look suspicious ).
Understood, about pointing out flawed accusations. And I've heard - about the little Wereduckling too! Happy for ya
Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #621
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Okay, I have again been banished to the computer to make up items in mockery of 50 years. And don't think I haven't volunteered for this! I could have been playing Kanasta, but there are more important things afoot.

Let's take a look at our list of the living, and see what my general impressions are.

alonariel Very little substance as yet. She has at least the face value of making an effort to be useful, but fairly little to go by. In her favour, this could be the result of lack of time--and yesterday, Day 1, I'm hardly one to fault.
autume Suffers, even more than Alona, from having not said much. In her case, this doesn't have the connotation of trying to fly under the radar--but possibly that's because she's actually doing it.
Brinn Seems a bit quieter than usual, but that might be because Day 1 was so excessively noisy yesterday, and I think she's usually on closer to the Deadline. Not suspicious yet, but definitely not going to trust her.
Durelin Oddly, Dury seems really quiet. I'm not sure if this is just a case of too much noise, ala the hypothesis re: Brinn, but she's just really under my radar. Apart from distrusting under-the-radar types, I can't come up with a reason not to trust her.
Formendacil That's me. I trust me complicitly.
Inziladun I've never played with him, but my vibe from other games I was not a part of makes me wary on principle, and I'm not sure I agree with what he says... but agreement or disagreement isn't necessarily a reason to suspect somebody. *thinks about Nogrod*
Lommy Hasn't been around much. For better or for worse, this is effectively giving her a pass for now.
Macalaure Makes sense for the most part, and is not raising alarms, but, in the opposite of Inziladun's case, that's not necessarily a reason to trust him.
Mira Has been on the quieter side, for this village. She's accumulated a considerable share of suspicion from the village thus far, considering, but I can't quite suspect her. On the other hand, I'm not at all convinced of her innocence. Maybe it's a false sense of safety that says "Mira can't be all that dangerous, even if she's all that bad"--if that makes any sense, it's a really good power to have harnessed, on her part.
Morm I'm disappointed he's not going to be around today, since I tend to need lots of Mormery to decide if he's innocent or dangerous... but he hasn't rung the alarm bells yet--possibly a suspicious thing where Morm is concerned.
Nerwen Has said enough that I feel she's participating, but not enough that I have a gut feeling about her--a problem of the Timezones, no doubt, but problematic in a game played half by one's gut.
Nessa Heh. My vote yesterday on faulty information that Rikae had voted for her. I'm still more inclined to think her guilty than not, but she's said little enough that I can't say I have a reason "why" and I don't know her well enough to have an idea what's normal for her.
Nienna Well, given that most of my recent experience with her (last game) was all coloured in with the fact we were Lovers, I'm not sure I know what's normal for her... but she isn't raising any alarms. That inclines me to think she's innocent, but she's also not really said enough to go off.
Rikae I've been tying myself rather strongly--toDay and yesterDay--to my belief that Rikae is innocent, and while my gut still sticks with that, my brain had the mental twinge of "what if she's guilty?" that I might just be that one ordo who falls for the convincing arguments of the wolf. Well, if so, I guess that's where we are today.
sally Has not been as entertaining as I want--or said as much usefully. Somehow, I think a quiet Sally is an Ordo-Sally, but I'm not ready to trust her quite yet.
Shasta ToDay, contrary to past traditions, I'm comfortable with everything Shasta has said. Of course, he's said very little and intimated he won't say much more today. In hindsight, given that last game he was a Cobbler and I was a Lover, it's possible I'm over-evaluating how much I distrust him on the strength of muddled memories (Shasta's not quite an old-timer in the sense that Boro or Morm are, and my playing is definitely slanted in the direction of 2006ish. All the same, though he's not alerting me just yet, I can't say I trust him.
the phantom I don't trust the phantom at all. Of course, that doesn't mean anything. One should never trust the phantom unless you get to PM him at Night or during the Day, and in that case you should let him guide your every move. Stepping aside from that formidable legend, however, he seems less committed than usual. Is that a ploy? A sign he's not a wolf? Real life? Real Life seems most credible, and I'm willing to put it down to Ordonariness too, but I still don't trust him.

Another post in a bit to see where this puts me (after I make that birthday thing... )
Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #622
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So, on the basis of the previous list, here is the rough breakdown of the village:

Innocent:
Formendacil

Not Suspicious:
Macalaure
Mirandir
Nienna
Rikae

Keeping on My Radar:
Inziladun
Nessa
the phantom

Hasn't Said Enough to Have a Trustworthy Feeling*:
Alona
autume
Brinn
Durelin
Lommy
Morm
Nerwen
Sally
Shasta

*All categories, of course, are completely in relation to my subjective view.

Irony of ironies, maybe, the three people I put in my "Radar" category don't really strike me as suspicious... so much as I'd be happy of knowing for sure what their role is.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #623
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Okay, I'm off again. Back sometime later--if only to make a vote, but the way things are going today, I'll probably be more involved than that.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #624
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I'm not sure how good I am at guessing people's roles - either just from feeling, or from clues they might leave. Again, still very new at all of this.
Alona I couldn't have said it better. I feel exactly the same way.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #625
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Alona I couldn't have said it better. I feel exactly the same way.
It's the sad truth, huh? But I'm glad someone's on - I've got several hours of nothing to do until the deadline.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #626
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm home now and I've mostly skimmed that stuff that has happened since last night.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me why Mira is suspicious? I saw Shasta claim that she had been "pointing out gifteds". When did she do that?

Was he talking about when she said that maybe I was Gifted and could PM with Pitch?

Well, first off, she'd already named me as the most likely dream possibility, so she had already signed my death warrant at that point. Baddies do not ever leave around dreamed-of innocents. So maybe she figured she might as well tell the full story?

Not to mention the fact that she was completely wrong in thinking Gifteds could PM, and I'm not Gifted anyway so no harm done.

And if she's the Bear or a Villain, why bother saying something like that? It's a rather stupid slip up to make. If she was a Baddie suspecting me of being Gifted she could either try to get me lynched, or she could take the opposite route and defend me during the day and just off me at night. Much simpler and makes more sense.

The only Baddie who might feel compelled to point out a Gifted would be the Cobbler, for he is the only Baddie who has no say in Night kills. So if you really think she's pointing out Gifteds on purpose, wouldn't you agree that such behavior screams Cobbler rather than Villain or Bear? Or maybe I'm missing something due to my lack of careful reading.

Anyway... I'll be back later after I've fed and watered myself. Very worn out here.

One last thing- did Shasta ever explain his absurd vote for Pitch yesterday? The precise reason he gave for voting for him was that Pitch was trying to discourage the Bear from killing the Wolves based on the reaction he gave to my Bear-ally statements.

First, that wasn't even true. Pitch said the Bear could only ally for a little while, which really wasn't disagreeing with me at all. I had pretty much said the same thing.

And second, there were in fact others who had in multiple posts overtly displayed the feelings that Shasta claimed he was so terribly suspicious of, so... um, why not vote for them? You know- the people who were actually doing what you said was suspicious.

What he did was no different than me saying, "Posting a lot is suspicious!" and then skipping over the actual high posters and voting for Durelin. Just plain weird.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #627
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Why would the bear kill Hakon, when (as I pointed out earlier) a few people, myself included, thought he could be the bear? If it was me I'd love to leave someone around who looked suspicious (which is I think why I don't get Night killed most of the time) so attention would be drawn away from myself. So what in the name of Joss Whedon () was the bear thinking? Was it random? Did they, as someone's pointed out recently, think that Hakon had perhaps picked them out? Did they fancy him for the seer? Was it just to mess with our heads?
I'm not sure if someone has answered your query already, but...

Theories:

1) I doubt (sorry, Hakon) that Hakon sniffed out the bear as early as he said he had a new suspect in mind. It was Day 1, very early, and - though I didn't want to rely on his newbie status to discount him from being crafty - I think, since we know he was an ordo, it was the case this time. This makes those that accused him of being the bear without much reason seem suspicious.

2) Killing Hakon might have been a simply trail-less kill for Day 1. In which case, we're left with pretty much nothing until Day 3.

3) S/he might have simply been annoyed with Hakon and wanted him out of the game so as not to cause the bear any more headaches. I would say that points the finger at those who were arguing with him, but I'm thinking the bear would be more sneaky - and that Boro would choose a more sneaky bear for his and wilwa's game.

4) The way Hakon was acting, by drawing so much attention - in addition to my comment as him seeming cobblerish (apologies, there) - might have made the bear think he was the cobbler. So then his strategy might be: kill off the helper, save the wolves for later, maybe?

Last edited by alonariel; 08-15-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: X'd with Sally
Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #628
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril

Quote:
Morm and Sally locked their votes in weirdly, wasting any chance to retract - really, both ought to explain
I locked in my vote early because I didn't expect to be back before the DL (or at least not much before it) and didn't want people worrying about whether I was going to change my vote. If I'd have known I would be back so early I probably wouldn't have locked it in. Hope that clears things up.

Sorry, but I still have that blasted headache (by the way, Nerwen, could you lay off the backwards for the rest of the Day? I read like one post of yours and the headache came back with a vengeance. Thanks!) and I have to go see my mother. Here's a quick rundown and a (possibly, though I'm not promising) placeholding vote, in case I fall asleep later or just can't get back to the Downs.

Phantom seemed reasonable, if not Phantom-esque, yesterDay, and toDay he seems to be enjoying rubbing our noses in it. Can't blame him, but....meh. Goes on the innocent list, for now at least.

Formie seems innocent to me but, as he was the only person I didn't 'catch' in the last game, I'm not sure if my read on him is right.

Wilwa smells like....well, like something smelly.

Boro likes to rub his food in our face, figuratively speaking of course. LYNCH!

Nessa seems reasonable yet I'm not sure. I'll have to look at her again.

Rikae has more posts than me. This is unacceptable. Other than that I'm not sure how I feel about her, honestly.

Morm makes me squirmy. Please (no really, please) correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he vote for Hakon yesterDay? And then toDay say that it was so stupid for the rest of us to vote for Hakon? (Horrible summary, but you get the idea.) Seems....wow, it seems so very wrong. See below.

++Morm

Erm....I had something else but I lost it, so I'm just going to go. I'll hopefully be back later.

EDIT in advance: x'd since Alona and Tum's exchange
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #629
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Here are my thoughts so far:

alonariel- Right now she is not on my suspect list.
Brinn- Don't have an opinion at this time.
Durelin- Haven't heard much from so don't know what to think, and I've never played with before.
Inziladun- Don't agree with everything he says, but that's not a reason to lynch him. I will be keeping an eye on him though.
Lommy- I don't know well enough to form an opinion. Also my first time playing with Lommy.
Macalaure- Has made some good points. So for right now is not on my suspect list
Mira- Keeping an eye on. I don't have enough to put her on my suspect list. However her comment earlier does make me feel a little unsettled, but it could just have been an innocent slip.
morm- It's my first time playing with morm. I didn't see anything that stood out.
Nerwen- Was happy to see posts no longer written backwards, however I do like the occasional heading with backwards words. Other than that nothing has stood out so far.
Nessa- I don't have anything that stands out with Nessa.
Nienna- I don't really have anything that stands out with Nienna eihter. She seems to be ok.
Rikae- So far I've agreed with what she has said. She seems to be making sense to me. I do know she has a reputation, which would be why I wouldn't trust her.
sally- I don't think she's suspicious at this time. It will be nice to hear from her when she gets back, I know she said she was going to be with her mom today.
Shasta- Not sure what to think. Another person I'm going to be keeping an eye on.
the phantom- not really sure what to think at this time. I could see him being both good or evil. Someone I'll be keeping a close eye on.

So with the Hakon/Pitchwife votes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Nienna[/B]]Hakon voters:
-Morm
-Alona
-Sally
-Autume (later retracted and sealed Pitchwife’s demise)

Pitchwife voters
-Shasta
-Rikae
-Nienna
-Hakon
-Autume
The only person that has really stood out from this group for me is Shasta. Even then it's not a lot to go on. Basically he voted first for Pitchwife because of his first post and then today he has voted for Mira for pointing out gifteds. Really don't feel comfortable thought voting for him at this point.

So that pretty much leaves me with a whole lot of nothing. Guess I'll have to go back and do some more analyzing.

Edit: x'ed with two Alona and Phantom posts and a Sally post
Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #630
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Morm makes me squirmy. Please (no really, please) correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he vote for Hakon yesterDay? And then toDay say that it was so stupid for the rest of us to vote for Hakon? (Horrible summary, but you get the idea.) Seems....wow, it seems so very wrong. See below.

++Morm
Sally, didn't you vote for Hakon right after I'd voted for Hakon? And today, voting for Morm after I have? Could be coincidence - just curious...
Old 08-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #631
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

I would also like to hear from morm for reasons Alona had mentioned earlier. Kinda curious to hear what Mira has to say about for reasons that have been pointed out earlier. However I think both of them said that they would be busy.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #632
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sally, didn't you vote for Hakon right after I'd voted for Hakon? And today, voting for Morm after I have? Could be coincidence - just curious...
Heh. Honestly, I didn't even realize you'd voted for Hakon yestderDay, if I remember correctly. (And by that I mean I didn't realize it when I voted, not I didn't notice it now, of course.) And toDay....well, yeah. I think he's tricksy mehbe, so I'd have voted him regardless. Coincidence. Unless of course you've also got the powers of mind control or something. And in that case, what are you doing hanging out with us losers?

Home now (business at my mother's house so I didn't stay long) and now I shall hopefully crash, or at least escape the Downs for a while. Until later!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #633
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
And I've heard - about the little Wereduckling too! Happy for ya
Thanks!

Now, I've just seen a couple things that make me uneasy or just make me go "huh?":

- phantom is repeating what I said again. Not that what I said doesn't make sense, but I kind of would expect phantom to have something new to contribute, if you know what I mean.

- autume made a list in which she basically said she has no idea about anyone (except Mac, alona, Sally and Nienna, who are unsuspicious for no particular reason). What is that supposed to accomplish...??

- alona and autume seem eerily buddy-buddy, somehow.

- alona still pushing the theory the bear killed Hakon out of annoyance, and seems to be drawing on things in the admin thread (things, incidentally, which should never have been posted, being against the rules, but which are irrelevant anyway, since the dead don't gain any special information). If there's a setup going on, that would appear to be an attempt to complete it. I don't think I need to say why the "angry bear" theory is off the wall - I wouldn't insult any player here by saying that they were irrational enough to do such a thing in the precarious position of a lone bear... but yeah. It seems to keep coming up, and it looks oddly planned. Like someone behind the scenes gave instructions to that effect or something.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #634
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Just a really quick stop-in (we haz FIRE!!!) before supper.

Mostly just keeping up-to-date with the discussion, but the above-quoted comment of Rikae's seems spot-on to me. And it is eerie, but I'm wondering to what extent it's not just the fact that they aren't both relatively new, talk about as much, both have names starting in "A," and have yet to distinguish themselves properly in my mind?

That being said, they DID reinforce it themselves with Alona's explanation of herself being picked up on by Tum as "yes, exactly."

Still... this need not mean anything. I really can't see them both being wolves on the strength of it, and it seems clumsy for one wolf to draw that kind of attention to herself--and though new, neither of these girls seems that clumsy.

Not certain of anything on the basis of it... but, yes, I agree with Rikae that it seems a bit odd.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #635
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
We've got being newbies to bond over, I guess. Other than that, all I know of her is that she's Sally's friend (I'm pretty sure).

Quote:
- alona still pushing the theory the bear killed Hakon out of annoyance, and seems to be drawing on things in the admin thread (things, incidentally, which should never have been posted, being against the rules, but which are irrelevant anyway, since the dead don't gain any special information). If there's a setup going on, that would appear to be an attempt to complete it. I don't think I need to say why the "angry bear" theory is off the wall - I wouldn't insult any player here by saying that they were irrational enough to do such a thing in the precarious position of a lone bear... but yeah. It seems to keep coming up, and it looks oddly planned. Like someone behind the scenes gave instructions to that effect or something.
I posted my theories about the bear out of boredom, really. I've been home since about 1pm pst with nothing to do, looked over old posts, found Sally's questions about the bear (and her request to be analyzed by Mira), and just thought it would help and give something for me to do.

Last edited by alonariel; 08-15-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: X'd with Rikae and Autume
Old 08-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #636
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, I definitely don't think they're sheriffs, at any rate.

EDIT: X'd with alona, replying to Form.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #637
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Now, I've just seen a couple things that make me uneasy or just make me go "huh?":

- autume made a list in which she basically said she has no idea about anyone (except Mac, alona, Sally and Nienna, who are unsuspicious for no particular reason). What is that supposed to accomplish...??

Well I made a list trying to help me figure out where I stand with people, and at the same time letting others know where I stand. As for the four you mentioned. I was just pointing out that I don't find them highly suspicious. Obviously everyone is suspicous. These ones just haven't tipped off my radar. Hope that helps. Not sure what you're looking for.

As for alona and I being buddy-buddy, I can say that it's nice having someone else who's new on the board as well. So I just replied letting her know that's how I felt too.

Edit: x-ed with Form, Alona, and Rikae
Old 08-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #638
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I probably won't be back before DL, so I must decide on my vote soon.

I have a question or two for Mormegil. I don't think he ever said why he locked in his vote for Hakon so early. Why was it necessary? He seemed to do it for spite after Hakon asked him to retract. Sally did attempt to explain why she did so, even if I don't agree with the logic. And Morm has voted for Rikae, saying Rikae and Tum should both be lynched just to clear confusion. Surely there must be a more valid reason to vote for someone by Day 2.
That said, I still don't trust Rikae. I suppose mainly what pings my radar today on her is what I've seen as an overly defensive posture at times. Seems to have cooled down lately though.

Of course, she and Morm could be Bear and Wolf for all I know.

Tum's last minute switch to Pitchwife I find hard to fault, as I was close to doing the same thing.

Mira's slip was bad, but is it worth a vote? Two already think so....
Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #639
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

autume, what I want to know is why you find those people innocentish (for example).
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #640
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Calling two people "Tum" is slightly confusing...