The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #1881
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Oops, my edit crossposted with your last post!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:35 AM   #1882
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up Correct!

Originally this quote was intended for HerenIstarion
Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 AM   #1883
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Ah, cute idea! The first word was a stumper, that's for sure! Makes me want to try a really hard one just for you...

Quote:
------- --- --- ------_------ ---- ----- ----- -- ------ --- ----- ------ -------- ----.
_ = -
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 AM   #1884
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

O please (if any)
Old 06-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #1885
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"h"s?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #1886
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O H

------- --- -h- ------_------ ---h -h--- -h--- o- -h---- -o- -o--- ---h-- ---o---- ----.

Good choices!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #1887
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T-time
Old 06-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #1888
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H O T !

------- --- th- ------_------ --th th--- -h--- o- th---- -ot -o--- --th-- ---o---- t---.

Another good choice - tea always is! ...and hot tea, no less...
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #1889
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about some S's ?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #1890
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

hot S H O T

---ss-- --- th- ------_-----s --th th--- -h--- o- th---s -ot -o--- --th-- ---o---- t---.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #1891
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 AM   #1892
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ N

---ss-- --- th- ----n-_-----s --th th--- -h--- o- th-n-s not -o-n- --th-n ---o---- t---.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:29 AM   #1893
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I spot some i's at least
Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 AM   #1894
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I spy...

---ss-- --- th- ----n-_-----s -ith th-i- -h--- o- thin-s not -o-n- -ithin ---o---- ti--.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #1895
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

It's from Mythopoeia:

Blessed are the legend-makers with their rhyme
of things not found within recorded time.

Beautiful words!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #1896
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes! I knew you're familiar with that work, since your sig quote comes from it. Your turn...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #1897
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you!

"----/ --/!" (.....) "---/ --/ -----/ -----/ --/! ---/ ---'-/ ----/ --/ -------/ -----/ ------/, ---/ -----/ ----/ ---/ -/ -----/, ---/ ----/ ---/ -----/ ----/ -------/."
Old 06-07-2006, 04:20 AM   #1898
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Defying my usual pattern of consonants first, I'll ask for a vowel this time: E, please.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #1899
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Not many E's, I'm afraid...

"----/ --/!" (.....) "---/ -e/ -----/ -----/ --/! ---/ ---'-/ ---e/ --/ -------/ -----/ -----e/, ---/ -----/ ---e/ ---/ -/ -----/, ---/ ----/ ---/ -----/ ----/ -------/."
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #1900
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, then I guess it's T-time again...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #1901
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

5 o'clock tea

"----/ --/!" (.....) "---/ -e/ -----/ ----t/ -t/! ---/ ---'t/ --te/ --/ ----t--/ ----t/ -----e/, ---/ ----t/ ---e/ ---/ -/ -----/, ---/ t--t/ ---/ -----/ ----/ -------/."
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #1902
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #1903
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"----/ --/!" (.....) "---/ -e/ -----/ ----t/ -t/! ---/ ---'t/ --te/ --/ s---t--/ ----t/ --s--e/, ---/ ----t/ ---e/ ---/ -/ -----/, ---/ t--t/ ---/ -----/ ----/ -------/."
Old 06-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #1904
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Any A's?

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #1905
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Rs, please.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #1906
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

RATES

"-a--/ --/!" (.....) "a--/ -e/ -----/ a---t/ -t/! A--/ ---'t/ --te/ -r/ s-rat--/ a---t/ --s--e/, ---/ ----t/ ---e/ ---/ a/ -----/, ---/ t-at/ ---/ -----/ ----/ -------/."
Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #1907
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"c"s?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #1908
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TRACES

"-a--/ --/!" (.....) "a--/ -e/ ---c-/ a---t/ -t/! A--/ ---'t/ --te/ -r/ scratc-/ a---t/ --s--e/, ---/ ----t/ ---e/ ---/ a/ c----/, ---/ t-at/ ---/ -----/ ----/ --c----/."
Old 06-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #1909
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"i"s?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #1910
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

CAR SITE

"-a--/ i-/!" (.....) "a--/ -e/ --ic-/ a---t/ it/! A--/ ---'t/ -ite/ -r/ scratc-/ a---t/ i-si-e/, ---/ -i--t/ -i-e/ -i-/ a/ c----/, a--/ t-at/ ---/ -----/ -i--/ --c----/."
Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #1911
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Shades of Jonah and the whale! It's Psamathos, speaking to Roverandom as he is about to board Uin, his transportation seawards:
Quote:
'Walk in!' said Psamathos; 'and be quick about it! And don't bite or scratch about inside; you might give Uin a cough, and that you would find uncomfy.'
Old 06-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #1912
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, exactly!
I found the "uncomfy" endearingly childish...
Old 06-15-2006, 03:44 AM   #1913
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, that is a cute word! Here's a new one; I'll explain my thoughts afterwards, if you don't get the reference:
Quote:
------- -- --- -----, ------- -- - ------_----, ---- --- ----- ------?
( _ = -)
Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 AM   #1914
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"r"s, please.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:45 AM   #1915
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R

------r -- --- -----, ------- -- - ------_----, ---- --- r---- r-----?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:28 AM   #1916
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Judging by your picture, you are really a fan, Esty! I gathered that Germany was victorious again yesterday...

My favourite O please!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #1917
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O R

------r -- -o- -o---, -o----- -- - -o----_-o--, -o-- --- r---- ro----?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #1918
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about N ?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:59 PM   #1919
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R O N

------r -- -o- -o-n-, -o---n- -n - -o----_-o--, -o-n --- r---- ro--n-?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #1920
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"t"s?