The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #161
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Firefoot:

Anything I can do to change your mind?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:57 AM   #162
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Time to vote...

++Meneltarmacil

I'm just not convinced enough of tar-ancalime's guilt (it's just that one post that really seems suspicious to me), and what little Menel has said has me on edge.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:59 AM   #163
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
tar - I hadn't seen your comment before posting my vote (top of the page, you know). I really just don't know what to think of you - but that judgment (on my part) will have to wait until the next Day.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 AM   #164
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've been going through the list trying out different wolf combos, and one triumvirate just occurred to me which kind of works, logically:

Wayne/Glirdan/wilwarin.

What they have in common is that they keep suspecting each other but always finding someone else that they suspect a little bit more, to actually vote for.
I'm not entirely convinced of this theory myself - it's a bit obvious! - but I'm tossing it into the pot. What do the rest of you think?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #165
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It seems unlikely to me purely in terms of statistics that all three of those quiet ones would be wolves. Presumably the best way to test this theory would be lynching Wilwa, an option which is turning into something of a consensus view-and I deeply distrust consensuses. The quorum blanket decisions of "wise men". Again it smacks of the stultifying rigidity Kuru warned against.

I shall vote, I expect, either for Meneltarmacil or littlemanpoet-though I still find tar-ancalime's manipulation of the Quip Modest disturbing, I admire the skill of her defence. She should consider a job as a jester...Menel and LMP are at polar opposites in terms of my theories, and I tend to think LMP's death would both tell us more and rid us of the dangerous perception that everything he says is gospel. Notice how that second plan of his sank like a stone into a pond? That, my dear fools, gives me a little hope.

*wait for it* A fool's hope.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #166
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Celuien, I think you misunderstood me, I never thought Kuru was the Seer. I have my own theories on that, which I'm certainly not going to discuss openly when wolves are listening.
Fair enough. I'll let that pass, then. For what it's worth, on reconsideration, I find you far less suspicious. The Wayne/Glirdan/wilwarin combination suggested is interesting, one which I'll need to give more thought before voting today.

Current votes:
Lalaith (Glirdan)
Wilwa (Kitanna)
Menel (Firefoot)

To be continued in a while...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 AM   #167
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm going to replace tar-ancalime on my proposed LMP triumvirate with Kitanna. Re-reading her posts, I suddenly find the implicit belief she has in anything that stems from the undertaker's pen rather alarming. But as tar-ancalime suggested, we need to destroy the principle viper first, so my primary target will remain LMP with Menel as a contingency plan. I shall vote an hour or so before the deadline as I have to rush off and declaim some Virgil and Cicero...this fool does Classics...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #168
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

ok just a thought. its about time (statistically, alhtough i hate thinking of it it those terms) that wayne was a wolf. if he just played his game as usual, nobody would really think anything of it. so yeah, i don't want write him off. YOU NEED TO TALK SOME, MY FRIEND!!! or i will want to lynch you.

suspicions list. anguirel: a wise man once said (well something along the lines of), "if you look at a wolf's posts, they may not be all confuseing and unhelpful. that is the most dangerous kind. the kind that looks like a logical innocent." so anguirel fits that bill perfectly. (edit and i think he is teh perfect person to use this type of upfront in teh limelight approach to remaining unsusicious.)

lmp: there are a number of issues here. some talk of the seer was brought up. my goodness, why did everyone push him over teh edge. if he's the seer, leave him alown. if he's not teh seer adn is hinting he is, he must a wolf (or an innocent, but that is irrelavent, cuz the wolves will just kill him). just let him have his game adn when the seer dies, we'll kill 'im! just let it play its course that's wot i say.

as for gospel turth of lmp, until the seer or ranger gives us some known innocents my word is the only gospel i konw of (for me taht is ). i look at whateverone says adn make my own judgemetns (see lmp's plans a and b).

as for if he's a wolf, i don't think a wolf would hint a being the seer. its just to risky for when the seer comes out or dies. however, yes there is still that desparate gamble lmp could be making. right now i'll give him teh benefit of teh doubt.

i think we need to look at the last couple people taht voted. taht would be celuein, kittana, me and lalaith. because a wolf doesn't want his vote noticed up on the first day, and certainly doesn't want it to count in the kill. as im lazy and need to study, ill leave that up to you though .
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 AM   #169
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

This jester is being criticised for being illogical and logical at the same time. Truly, that is wisdom...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:34 AM   #170
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

im assuming that comment was directed toward me. it not please disregard.

all im saying is there are certain things you say that make my a bit leery. when combines with that wise man's sayings, it compounds the suspicions.

i know taht wasn't very clear (and a bit hipocritical ) but i havn't the time to go into detail. ill look it up later and get back to you.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #171
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, I've had a think. The worst thing that can happen to the village is that we accidentally lynch the seer.
Now, being innocent myself I can't know for definite who is a wolf and who is innocent. But there is one person I know cannot be the seer, and that is wilwarin, because of her attack on me. I'm suspicious of her, but I can't be sure she's a wolf. However, I can promise you all that by lynching her we at least run no risk of lynching the seer.

So, by this logic:
++wilwarin

PS Actually, I've thought of one very convoluted scenario whereby wilwarin could be the seer. If she went after me, and I am then lynched and shown to be innocent, this would dispel any later doubt by wolves that she is the seer.
However, this is very byzantine, and not at all wilwa's style I think. So, I still feel almost 100% confident in making that promise...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #172
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I've got to vote now (it's getting late here), so as promised:

++littlemanpoet
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #173
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Okay, let's see what the wayne/wilwa/glirdan combo gives us:

Wilwa: as the loudest one of the triumvirate, wilwa would be the leader of daytime arguments from the wolves' side to steer votes toward innocents. Also protects Glirdan-wolf by keeping him at arms length with mild jabs but at the same time agreeing with him. Note his early vote for Wilwa's prime suspect, Lalaith.
Glirdan: a less noisy version of Wilwa, stirring just enough controversy with her to keep them separated, but, again, voting with her. Could be a wolf tag along with an innocent wilwa, or a wolf pair strategy.
Wayne: the annoying enigma. Gets suspected by Glirdan today after Wilwa's suspicion of him yesterday. Please correct me if I've missed something, but I think Wilwa dropped all accusation of Wayne today (I should recheck posts to confirm). And so we have a circular turn-taking to keep distance between all three members of the wolf group in this theory. Notice also that everyone wants to give him the benefit of the doubt for his silence, making him a candidate to remain to the as the one surviving wolf - always suspected, but never enough to win a majority vote.

It all seems logical, but far too easy.

Back to the lmp conundrum...

While too noisy to be the Seer, I think he's also too noisy to be a smart wolf. And I'm pretty certain that if he were a wolf, lmp would be very smart about it. Far too smart to wind up the subject of such prominent debate on days 1 and 2, no matter how much our impetuous jester pushed him. I'm not sure what his strategy his, but at this point, I doubt it's a wolvish plan. And again, I'm willing to clear Anguirel for similar reasons. Too impulsive to be a wolf. What I think we're seeing is the interplay of two innocents absorbed in their own arguments with each other.

So who am I leaning toward for the upcoming vote, not in order of preference?
1) Possibly Glirdan to test the combination posited by Lalaith. He has behaved oddly throughout the past two days, and if he is guilty, it pretty much clears Lalaith. Wilwa then looks more suspicious, although the possibility of a Glirdan-wolf tagging along with an innocent Wilwa to both hide and cast doubt on her in the event of his being discovered is not eliminated. Plus, I thought that his lumping tar and me in with Wayne for silence was strange.
2) Menel - who already has one vote from Firefoot for what I agree are logical reasons and somewhat uncharacteristic silence today. And, since I think lmp is probably innocent, it's a chance to test Anguirel's other wolf pairing without voting for Lal, since I am currently against voting for her. Or, of course, to break a tie.
3) Wayne - again. Out of frustration and to see if the triplet is plausible.
4) Wilwa - theory testing as above or to break a tie.

And as a final disclaimer, all of this is subject to last minute modification and retraction.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #174
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Celuien's argument that LMP and I could be but brash innocents locking horns has some appeal, as history tends to repeat itself in the legends of Tol-in-Gaurhoth. For this reason I'm now more inclined to make a test of Menel than LMP-presumably such a triumvirate would involve Menel, tar-ancalime, not Firefoot, and one of the quieter ones.

I shall, however, continue to withhold my vote, though I confirm it will probably for Menel or LMP. For a jester, I'm awfully predictable.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #175
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Then why, LMP, oh why, did you go on about sleeping arrangements and dreaming? Why did you stress that we'd regret lynching you?
I thought i'd try my hand at protecting the seer. Problem is I'm not exactly the subtle type . . . at least not this village. You will regret lynching me as much as you will regret the lynching of any ordinary innocent.

Quote:
LMP, tar-ancalime?, wilwa?, Firefoot?
Sad to see your well-meant energies so misdirected as to include Firefoot and me with the other two.

Quote:
If he's innocent

Menel, Lalaith, Firefoot? and admittedly, for the rest of you, Anguirel?
What's this with Firefoot? Are you suspecting her because she suspects you? I don't get it. How about some explanations? She has given nothing but credible assistance so far. Please explain yourself, Ang.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #176
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I've been going through the list trying out different wolf combos, and one triumvirate just occurred to me which kind of works, logically:

Wayne/Glirdan/wilwarin.

What they have in common is that they keep suspecting each other but always finding someone else that they suspect a little bit more, to actually vote for.
I'm not entirely convinced of this theory myself - it's a bit obvious! - but I'm tossing it into the pot. What do the rest of you think?
Good thought. It seems like a reasonable possibility.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:02 AM   #177
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Firefoot is on the list purely because I want to defend against the possible as well as the probable. If she is a wolf, our task is far trickier, and it's as best to be prepared, don't you think?

Then there's the fact that she's not quite her usual analytical self, but I'm ready to accept that that's due to time...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #178
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Despite my antipathy for heroic suicides, I'm tempted to vote for myself, just to "stir the pot". But I won't. I'd rather be the object of enough suspicion that I'm lynched, and let the rest of you see to the corpses.

++ Wilwarin

has seemed rather suspicious to me from the get-go, her vote yesterDay not helping, and her "protesting too much" today.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM   #179
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Celuien, I'd much rather lynch Menel than Wilwa and am alarmed at the pace at which this is developing...if you commit yourself and vote for Menel now, I'll follow you at once.

I'll be off to, ah, foolery lessons for forty minutes soon, but if you agree in the interim I'll vote when I'm back.

Last edited by Anguirel; 11-09-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 AM   #180
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Voting update:

1- Lalaith (Glirdan)
3 - Wilwa (Kitanna, Lalaith, LMP)
1- Menel (Firefoot)
1- LMP (tar-ancalime)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #181
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Celuien, I'd much rather lynch Menel than Wilwa and am alarmed at the pace at which this is developing...if you commit yourself and vote for Menel now, I'll follow you at once.
A very hard call given the vote count...

Lalaith, 1, (Glirdan)
Wilwa, 3, (Kitanna, Lalaith, lmp)
Menel, 1, (Firefoot)
lmp, 1, (tar)

...but there should be enough outstanding votes to stop a tie. And there's the possibility that a double won't be allowed anyway.

I'm willing to go along with you here. Menel is strange and the rapidity of the Wilwa bandwagon is making me nervous.

++MENEL
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #182
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh hang it. I entreat you, Celuien, follow me when you can. And littlemanpoet-a fool's curse on ye if you've played me false.

++MENELTARMACIL

EDIT: You came after all Celuien-excellent. Now is the hour when we shall draw our swords together!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #183
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry everyone but some rather unforeseen circumstances regarding writing and illness have kept me away today. I don't have time to do anything right noe this is just me checking in, but I will get back later and try to make an informed vote. I'm not sure I like this wilwa bandwagon, it seemed to arise very quickly and I would like to have a look at the people who jumped on it without previous suspicion. And now this new Menel bandwagon. Anyway so I'll return (though likely not til about 8) and have a look at those two properly. I just don't know what to think at the moment.

All I am really worried about at the moment after skimming through is the extent to which LMP, while distrusted by some, is still the out and out 'leader'. People follow him down most paths and I'm not sure that's a good thing, especially when he has NOT under any circumstances been proved innocent. That's not to say he is a wolf, just that it worries me a little.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #184
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Honestly, I do not know whether or not LMP is innocent. If I was a wolf (which I certainly am not), I don't think I'd call for a lynching toDay if I really thought he was the Seer. I would have mentioned it to the other Wolves last Night and probably made plans to kill him in his sleep.

However, it does seem pretty obvious that he was trying to look like the Seer, especially in this post:
Quote:
That having been said, I'll spend the Night dreaming up a new plan, if that helps to motivate discussion. We shall see what we shall see.
That hint was extremely obvious, and he said something very similar afterward. I actually thought he was the Seer at first, and figured that he'd made a mistake. I started suspecting him after I noticed he hadn't died last Night. Either we have some really stupid wolves running around, or LMP is a wolf. I seriously doubt that he is actually the Seer.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #185
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Please forgive the double-post.

As for why I'd have Glirdan, I noticed, along with everyone else, that he'd been acting rather odd and that he defended himself rather, uh, viciously as well.

However, today, I'll vote for

++littlemanpoet
Old 11-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #186
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, well, well...

im at a loss right now. don't really know which direction to take. i seem to be a bit out of the loop and am haveing a hard time keeping up wiht arguemtns and stuff. again, if you could all quote useing names and post numbers, that would help me allot...

votes are now:

Lalaith, 1, (Glirdan)
Wilwa, 3, (Kitanna, Lalaith, lmp)
Menel, 3, (Firefoot, celuien, ang)
lmp, 2, (tar, menel)

think that's right...

i would strongly discourage voting lmp. there is always teh chance teh wolves will kill him to be sure, that he could be the seer, and that the ranger would protect him, thereby gaining us an extral day adn a known innocent. if we're gonna lynch him, it should be in a few days, when we have more info on him and the wolves have been given a chance to do their thing.

i think ill go with

++menel

don't ask me why. im doing my best to keep up with schoolwork (honestly!) and that is why i have been away so much and haven't really had much to say. gotta go.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #187
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Occam's Razor:

Work the simplest theory that accounts for all the variables.

Easier said than done.

For the record:

1) I have not read any posts since my vote, so if anything looks weird as if I've ignored someone's post, or that I haven't noticed that I'm going to get lynched, I haven't read that far yet.

2) The purpose of this "for the record" is the proverbial "if I die" scenario, intended to help the innocent villagers as much as possible, and also "calling the werewolves out", as it were. That is, I really don't think they'll try to kill me toNight because I draw too much suspicion away from them. That is, unless I'm on target with my observations as to who the feral creatures are, then they may think it wise to 'off' me, even though their number one target is obviously the seer. So I'll probably survive the Night if I'm not lynched toDay.

3) The following people I consider innocent because of their worthy and/or honest appearing contributions (in alphabetical order):
Anguirel
Celuien
Firefoot
Lalaith

Granted, not much of a list; but if we can consider these four to be provisional "known innocents", as it were, and if we're lucky enough to be right about them, we've got a big "one up" on the werewolves. Just an observation.

4) I'm leaning innocent with:
tar ancalime - her contributions seem to be on the up and up, although a werewolvish reading can be made of them; same is probably true of most of us, however.

5) The following people are 50/50 with me, having contributed but being questionable:
Glirdan
Kath
Kitanna

I'm not sure on these three. They may be innocent, they may not be.

6) The following people seem suspicious to me:
Eonwe - too quiet and his posts haven't really been full of meat.
Meneltarmacil - again, too quiet.
Wayne - way too quiet; however, as strongly as I can, I abjure, recommend, etc., that he not be the one we try to lynch first. If he is one of the werewolves, we should wait to lynch him until there are only 7 total villagers left & no werewolves have been killed; because he may be gifted, and we don't want to run the risk of killing off one of our primary assets; if he hasn't proven useful by the time I've suggested above, then lynch him.
Wilwa - I'm afraid that we're wrong about her, but I've already voted. If she's innocent, I strorngly suggest that we need to take a good hard look at the three remaining suspicious on my list.

There. That's all.

Edit: Having cross-posted with a boatload of folks, I am having second thoughts about Eonwe, who seems honest to me; so that means that I'm also having second thoughts about those 50/50 people .... at least one of them would have to be a werewolf, if not Eonwe or Wilwarin.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 11-09-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #188
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am so sorry I've been out of all this today and this is the only time I have now to talk.

I said I'd have a look at Menel and wilwa since they are gaining all the votes so:

Menel:
An apology for not voting, says he would have voted for Glirdan.
Thinks LMP could be a wolf because he wasn't killed even though he had been dropping hints about being the Seer all say.
Then again suspects LMP .
Still unsure over Glirdan.
Votes for LMP.

The thing is that I find it hard to believe that Menel can really have thought LMP was the Seer. The hints dropped are either so obvious as to be noticed by all as a distraction or LMP is playing one hell of a bluff.

wilwa:
A voting list.
Quick list of suspects, with Lalaith at the top.
Defends herself against suspicion about Bergil's death.
Reasons for suspecting Lalaith, which are reasonable though they could be explained if the posts were made early morning or late night.
Gives a very vague explanation for suspecting Glirdan.
The next three posts are very defensive - like yesterDay's.
And no vote I don't think - odd.

Ok I'm really close on the deadline now so I'm going to have to vote and I can't in all good conscience cause a double lynching so:

++MENEL
Old 11-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #189
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I think i will vote
++wilwa
She voted for bergil because he voted for her that is why and we have a better chanch to get a wolf with a double.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #190
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Accusations had been hurling around, but finally the Villagers had made their decision. They couldn't afford to keep Meneltarmacil around any longer. Pitchforks aloft the Villagers approached Meneltarmacil whom they had pinned in the corner of the village square. With admirable pitch-in-and-help spirit they prepared to stir up his guts, when they suddenly heard strange voices...

Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don’t look like mutton again tomorrer.

Dumbfounded the villagers watched three enormous figures strolling into sight from the edge of the woods. Trolls! In a twinkling of an eye, the square was empty, excluding Meneltarmacil, who was cowering in the corner, where the villagers had left him.

The three trolls were sincerely happy to find Meneltarmacil, who was far from a mutton. Out of sheer joy, the trolls sat on him, roasted him and finally minced him fine and boiled him. After that little scene, the trolls danced away humming cheerfully and picking their teeth with oak saplings. Confused and extremely nauseous, the villagers returned to the square to collect Meneltarmacil's remnants and in silence they buried the trolls' left-overs.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Celuien - luthier
Eonwe - militiaman
Firefoot - traveller who has a dog
Glirdan - undead with Michael Jackson's nose
Kath - writer
Kitanna - goat herder
Lalaith - goosegirl
littlemanpoet - village undertaker
tar-ancalime - charlatan
WaynetheGoblin - goldsmith
Wilwarin538 - official town daydreamer

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1
Kuruharan(ord) - half devoured and prepared to be turned into haggis on Night 2
Meneltarmacil(ord)- sat on, roasted, minced and boiled by three passing by trolls on Day 2

Score:
Villagers: 12
Wolves: 3

It is now Night 3. It ends in 24 hours... you know, the usual.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 11-10-2005 at 08:35 AM.
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #191
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Day 3

"As you can see, when you look at me,
I'm pieces of what I used to be"

Fearing the worst and hoping for the best, Shamville woke up for the rising of the Sun, which grimaced at the drowsy townspeople as it climbed above their heads. In the usual fashion the lot gathered together to check the most recent head count only to discover that the volume of the villagers had yet again decreased with one. The writer was gone.

The villagers walked glumly to Kath's cottage. They saw already from far that her door had been torn off its hinges and dozens of reams of paper laid helter-skelter covering her front yard like snow. Guessing that it wouldn't be anything nice that awaited them, the villagers cautiously stepped over paper heaps and entered Kath's cabin.

It wasn't very tidy inside the house, either. Broken ink bottles and blood had stained Kath's board floor dark violet and there were quills and parchments all over the place. As the villagers stumbled into Kath's living room, they discovered that every single book of Kath's usually neatly organized bookshelf had been thrown on the floor, and in the middle of the mess, the villagers found their writer. Well, at least they found her arms, brain, ears, fingers, head, legs, toes and torso. The shelves had been filled with different body parts of Kath's - in alphabetical order, of course, and that had been the end of her story.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Celuien - luthier
Eonwe - militiaman
Firefoot - traveller who has a dog
Glirdan - undead with Michael Jackson's nose
Kitanna - goat herder
Lalaith - goosegirl
littlemanpoet - village undertaker
tar-ancalime - charlatan
WaynetheGoblin - goldsmith
Wilwarin538 - official town daydreamer

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1
Kuruharan(ord) - half devoured and prepared to be turned into haggis on Night 2
Meneltarmacil(ord) - sat on, roasted, minced and boiled by three passing by trolls on Day 2
Kath(ord) - chopped up and organized alphabetically on Night 3

Score:
Villagers: 11
Wolves: 3

It is now Day 3. Wolves, please stop PMing. Villagers, you may start talking. The Day ends in 24 hours at 9:00 pm. GMT. Have fun!
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #192
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Another day and two more innocents come to join me underground. Tis a sad day today, losing our village writer. Perhaps she left some knowledge amongst her writings that we have missed. I will go back and take a look. I also will be looking closely at those who voted for Kath or dear Menel, may you rest in peace. There has to be a Wolf in there. The votes weren't as spaced out as they were on Day 1.

My suspicions still stand, yet I might find something more from the others who voted for Menel. I will be back with an analysis shortly.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #193
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
hmmmmmmmm

YesterDay I got very close to being lynched. Which meens I'm probably the first candidate for lynching toDay.

Sooooo, I might as well tell you now that:

I am the seer

Wayne is a wolf

I dreamt of two ordinary villagers, but I'm afraid to say who they are since that would condemn them to death. If everyone can say at the start of their next post that you would be OK with me revealing you if I had dreamt of you, then I'll tell you the names of those two villagers. Once I get there permision.

Now to explain my wacked out way of thinking.

I have not dreamt of Lalaith. That was the whole point of that. To be extremely suspicious of someone who I wasn't so sure of. To me everything made sense, making it look like I was being way to obvious that I was the seer if she was guilty. If she was innocent...well I did have that part worked out, but I don't want to go into to much detail about my plans, since obviously they didn't work the way I had planned.

I suggest you all vote for Wayne, obviously since he is a lycan. The fact that he hasn't said much won't help us figure out who the other two are. I dreamt of him night1 and have been trying to guess the other 2, using my gut mostly, which sadly hasn't done much good.

So there's another post containing my pointless babble. Here's my vote:

++Wayne the Wolf

By the way, did you notice the irony of me being the seer? Since my role is town dayDreamer. haha I found that funny.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #194
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath? Kath and her wisdom and brains will be missed. But I cannot dwell on her death at the moment for time presses me and I have only time to look at one of the two beloved dead and since Menel died first I will examine the cause of his death.

I’m quite concerned with the people who voted for Menel. All those votes seemed to come out of left-field. Looking back on posts from yesterday I still didn’t see any reason behind his lynching.

Quote:
Meneltarmacil - hmmm, not really sad enough, considering the circumstances, he's half way between the half way point and the guilty point
The not being sad enough part was what through me off really. That seems like a strange reason, especially on day 2 to suspect someone. But Wilwa seemed to suspect Glirdan and Lalaith above Menel, didn’t vote.

Firefoot mentioned Menel early on due to the fact he was slightly suspicious of Kuru. Anguriel posts next seconding the fact Menel (and Kath) both were really the only ones to suspect Kuru. Still nothing as to why Menel garnered enough votes to be lynched.

When Firefoot posted her long analysis Menel was listed as “in between”. She’s not sure what to think of him. Yet she still puts him in her overall suspicious group.

Tar calls for Menel to speak more a while later. Asks for his reason as to why he would have voted for Glirdan on day one. Celuien asks him to do the same shortly after that. Firefoot brings him up later asking for him to speak more and she has now moved him up on her list of suspect. Some time later another plea from tar for Menel to speak up. But doesn’t really list him as suspicious.

Firefoot votes for Menel first, but she was naming him as a suspect all day. So, her vote wasn’t really a surprise to me. She had named him in many of her posts as suspicious, it is the other voters I am worried about. Anguriel says after Firefoot’s vote he might vote for Menel and then Celiuen says she agrees with all Firefoot has said on the matter concerning Menel.

Now here I get into an interesting post from Anguriel.
Quote:
Then Celuien votes for Menel and gives a reason due to his silence and protests the Wilwa bandwagon. An attempt to save a wolfish Wilwa, possibly…Then as stated Anguriel follows with his own vote for Menel. No reason (in this post), just a vote.

Eonwe votes for Menel. For what appears to be a random vote. Kath votes for Menel. So aside from Firefoot is seemed like all votes for Menel came from nowhere, but I only did a quick skim of the posts from yesterday. I have much to do in the next few hours, but then I will be free until day ends so I will have plenty of time to go through again and correct my mistakes. But before I go I’m going to call on Wanye to speak more today. His two posts and then vote for Wilwa are not very helpful.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #195
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Well, well...this is all very intriguing. I'd be delighted to hear what the rest of you have to say to this.

Edit: I was of course referring to Wilwa's post. Kitanna's came while I was writing.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #196
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Just like to add another little note. Perhaps we could make another kind of vote on who everyone wants me to dream of toNight. Since we still have our Ranger, and the Ranger probably didn't choose me last Night, they could protect me toNight giving me the chance to dream once more.

What do you all think?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #197
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well it seems in the time it took me to reread and type all that our seer has come forward. Should I have been one of your dreams Wilwa please, feel free to reveal to the village. And of course, as though the ranger needs prompting, please ranger, protect our seer tonight.

EDIT:
Quote:
Perhaps we could make another kind of vote on who everyone wants me to dream of toNight.
There is a lot of buzz and uncertainty around lmp, Anguriel, tar, and Lalaith. Perhaps a dream about one of them?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #198
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I am no wolf it is a call for help.
++wilawerin538
She is just trying to stay alive because of what happend yesterday.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #199
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Here's a list of how yesterDay's voting proceded:

Lalaith, 1, (Glirdan)
Wilwa, 4, (Kitanna, Lalaith, lmp,Wayne)
Menel, 3, (Firefoot,Eonwe,Kath)
lmp, 1, (tar)

Now this really doesn't add up!?!? By the looks of things, Wilwa should have been the one to get lynched, not Menel!! What I think happened is that Wayne's late vote wasn't counted.

Firefoot, Eonwe, and Kath all voted for Menel. We now know that Kath is innocent which leaves Firefoot and Eonwe. Kitanna, Lalaith, lmp and Wayne all voted for Wilwa, who was supposed to be lynched but wasn't due to the lateness of Wayne's vote.

Now here's a little analysis on all of those people:

Wayne: His late vote makes him really suspicious. Maybe he didn't mean to vote that late, but maybe he did mean to vote late. If he is a Wolf, than he's doing that which everyone expects, which means he's either innocent or a very daring Wolf. His quietness is troubling as well. He provided no explanation as to why he was voting Wilwa which makes me think either he's a Wolf and she's innocent, she's a Wolf and he's innocent or there both Wolves and Wilwa told him to vote for her because she thought she was going to get lynched.

Eonwe: Haven't really looked closely on him since Day 1. He voted for Menel and gave no reason as to why. He just said don't ask why. Now that makes him look a little more suspicious in my eyes.

Lalaith: I strongly suspected yesterDay and still kind of do today. She definetly is not cleared yet. She voted for Wilwa because of the attack that Wilwa did on her yesterDay. However, I'd have to agree with Wilwa on one point, no matter how much I suspect her, and that's the fact that Lalaith has been acting very strange. Her vote for Wilwa is like a type of revenge for the attack on her which makes me suspect her even more.

Lmp: Has been under a great deal of suspicion, from me included. Voted for Wilwa because of her protesting to much and didn't trust her from the get go. Not as suspicious as much as others, yet still deserves watching.

Kitanna: First to vote for Wilwa. Voted for her because of the little argument that was going on between them and sugested they might be in league. Also because of her over defensiveness.

Firefoot: Hasn't had a whole lot of suspicion from anyone. First vote for Menel because Menel said little and it scared her. I agree that this is not the usual Menel, yet I wasn't scared enought to vote for him. I'll keep an eye on her, but that's about it.

I see that while I've been typing this, people have posted. Wilwa saying she's the Seer and that Wayne's a Wolf, well, I trust it, but I don't think we should all vote for him. I think we should spread our votes just a little. That way, we might be able to draw out another Wolf. So I'll wait to vote for a little while.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #200
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Glirdan, both Anguirel and Celuien voted for Menel. They did a pact. So he had five votes.