The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #681
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
"So you call her Spanish."

Yes!
Hehe. I still love what fea means in Spanish. I don't remember why, but I was talking to some friends and happened to mention you (so Tum or Mnemo must have been there). The person looks at me for a moment and I just kind of snickered before I explained that that had nothing to do with it.

*dies*

I wanna be with you people! Take me to your leader!

*whines*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #682
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Hehe. I still love what fea means in Spanish.
Ditto. It always amuses me.

Quote:
I wanna be with you people! Take me to your leader!

*whines*
No worries. I've been whining, pouting, and all other sorts of irritating whimpering noises since Saturday. Just ask Nienna, Formy, B88, and Mirandir: I've been calling them every few hours just to feel like I'm involved.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #683
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Ditto. It always amuses me.

No worries. I've been whining, pouting, and all other sorts of irritating whimpering noises since Saturday. Just ask Nienna, Formy, B88, and Mirandir: I've been calling them every few hours just to feel like I'm involved.
Lol. But you can hang out if you feel better (right?). I'm screwed.

*whines, pitches a fit*

I say next year I just stow away in someone's bags and go 'missing' for a week.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #684
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Loved the video Sally, Mnemo & phantom!

We need to redo that on the next summer!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #685
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Brilliant video! This is the sort of general craziness that happens in every BD meeting, isn't it?

Also, I'm glad you didn't try to pronounce my name: "Ee-on, Ay-ohn ... Steve!"
Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #686
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I still think it was unwise to let out that you've "woken up in worse than Phantom's back yard". It shattered our image of you as a well behaved sort of person.

And Eonwe- I'm quite angry that your idea didn't occur to me. Now the video feels incomplete.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #687
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And Eonwe- I'm quite angry that your idea didn't occur to me. Now the video feels incomplete.
I'm sorry about that.

And what about Ibrin?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #688
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hahahaa, loved the video, kids. But I'm quite impressed by Mnemo's correct pronounciation on many things. Although, she of course still has an American accent.

Now I'm really looking forward to shoking people with my Finnish pronounciation of stuff. (maybe we should make a video of our own with the Finnish colony here...)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #689
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Hahahaa, loved the video, kids. But I'm quite impressed by Mnemo's correct pronounciation on many things. Although, she of course still has an American accent.

Now I'm really looking forward to shoking people with my Finnish pronounciation of stuff. (maybe we should make a video of our own with the Finnish colony here...)
Heh. I'd love to hear it. As it happens, we also (if I remember correctly) had a discussion on how to pronounce your actual name. I think I lost.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #690
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
... and that's why I chose a name easy to pronounce correctly.

About pronunciation, as long as it's Elvish I try and stick to it, I hate the movie "Elvish" stuff like Seleborn etc.

Surely however, if we're talking full names and not nicks, the best one has to be Ibrîniđilpathânezel.

Idea: make videos of yourselves trying to correctly say Ibri's full name and the one that does the best receives... maybe a guest appearence in a P&A episode if Hookbill could arrange that.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #691
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Phantom and I have actually tried Ibri's name, and it might be saved somewhere. It sort of fell into incoherent mumbling...
Old 01-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #692
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Cannot WAIT to get to the epic Bostonmoot posts. I was considering starting now, but there's still massive apartment cleaning to be done (Glirdan and I are about to tackle the fridge ) and could simply just not do it justice in my current state. You should all look forward to it. There's a wereduckling involved.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #693
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Bostonmoot Sneak Peek:

Yours truly has now had her cheek kissed by Glirdan, Shasta, phantom, Formy, Rune, and B88.

Now don't you wish you had come?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #694
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So Mira just commandeered Boro's stuff and feels the need to point out that Fea got a bit more than that last night. :P From yours truely. Yeah, you're jealous.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #695
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dűm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
That is an absoluelty wonderful video! TGEW and I have our own private pronunciations for user names, some of which sound quite similar to yours. I would love to see someone take a stab at my name as well becuase I really have no idea how it should be pronounced. Like Loslote I usually tend to favour Spanish, being the only language other than English I have any ability with, but 'Laurin-K' just sounds coarse and unmelodious.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 01-02-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #696
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Cannot WAIT to get to the epic Bostonmoot posts. I was considering starting now, but there's still massive apartment cleaning to be done (Glirdan and I are about to tackle the fridge ) and could simply just not do it justice in my current state. You should all look forward to it. There's a wereduckling involved.
There is, in fact, a Wereduckling involved.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #697
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
That is an absoluelty wonderful video! TGEW and I have our own private pronunciations for user names, some of which sound quite similar to yours. I would love to see someone take a stab at my name as well becuase I really have no idea how it should be pronounced. Like Loslote I usually tend to favour Spanish, being the only language other than English I have any ability with, but 'Laurin-K' just sounds coarse and unmelodious.
I'd say Lor-ing-kay. I know I'm probably wrong, but that's how it goes in my head.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 AM   #698
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Sally that is pretty much the best video ever.....and there is clearly a w, but I love you anyway.

Greatly excited for the Bostonmoot posts!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #699
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
So Mira just commandeered Boro's stuff and feels the need to point out that Fea got a bit more than that last night. :P From yours truely. Yeah, you're jealous.
Mira, shh. Don't tell them you and I smooched when the ball dropped! They might get ideas.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #700
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Mira, shh. Don't tell them you and I smooched when the ball dropped! They might get ideas.
Get? Fea dear, we already have ideas!!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #701
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Oh my.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #702
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'd say Lor-ing-kay. I know I'm probably wrong, but that's how it goes in my head.
I say L-ow-rIng-kay.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #703
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Yours truly has now had her cheek kissed by Glirdan, Shasta, phantom, Formy, Rune, and B88.

Now don't you wish you had come?
Fea....was I perhaps slightly....oh I don't know.....not all there, to put it simply?? Because if this was in reference to New Years, I don't remember doing that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir
That fridge was a pain...And if no one believes us that we cleaned, check the Facebook group!! I have documented evidence!! And that wereduckling of ours is going to turn out to be a force to be reckoned with when she starts playing Werewolf!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #704
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*Save* For the first epically long Bostonmoot post...and since I don't have the time yet to explain all the great Downers I met and spent time with at the moot, here are a few highlights.

1. I challenge Fea as the most directionally inept getting lost trying to follow the "baggage claim" signs at Logan as well as getting marginally lost in the city of Boston with Glirdan.

2. Rune calls me a wanker and thinks I need to explore pubs more, as my idea of the lunatic irishman who talked to us, was actually quite normal.

3. Myself bragging about probably the most delicious turkey you will ever see (sorry Enca ). And overall a fabulous New Year's Eve dinner, compliments to Celuien (who defeated the turkey's neck and gizzard), Glirdan, Brinn, Lari, and assistance from many others.

4. Mira taking too much delighti n pounding pretzels and chicken.

5. Form wanting to marry me, with lots and lots of glomping between us

6. Everyone slipping into bad english accents, and taking up words like "rubbish" due to Kath.

7. Did you know wilwa loves Boston?

8. community calls with sally.

9. Fea managing to be sick the entire time (and of course the absolute worst time)

10. Many, many werewolf games which include the evil, but most adorable, wereduckling. And you guessed it, a fake ranger reveal by me countered by Shasta.

Plus

11. the phantom...uncloaked.

But most of all, remembering rule #3. Programming yourself to stop calling Christian (and everyone) Mac/by their 'Downers name. Now reprogramming yourself to stop typing Christian, when you want Mac.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-04-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #705
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro

But most of all, remembering rule #3. Programming yourself to stop calling Christian (and everyone) Mac/by their 'Downers name. Now reprogramming yourself to stop typing Christian, when you want Mac.
No!! That rule was specifically set up for the phantom!! Come on Boro, do you not remember the 5 rules that Mira and I had set up?

Rule 1 - Don't get hit by the T

Rule 2 - Don't get hit by the OTHER T

Rule 3 - Don't get hit by oncoming traffic

Rule 4 - Don't get hit by the OTHER oncoming traffic

Rule 5 - Don't get hit by the incredibly long stretch of oncoming traffic as you're crossing to the 7-11

And the funny thing is not even a day there and I almost broke Rule 3....Yay for being a putz!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #706
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post

Rule 1 - Don't get hit by the T

Rule 2 - Don't get hit by the OTHER T

Rule 3 - Don't get hit by oncoming traffic

Rule 4 - Don't get hit by the OTHER oncoming traffic

Rule 5 - Don't get hit by the incredibly long stretch of oncoming traffic as you're crossing to the 7-11

And the funny thing is not even a day there and I almost broke Rule 3....Yay for being a putz!!
I think we all almost broke rule number 3 and 5... and I'm pretty sure I almost broke rule number 1 a couple of times.

And that was the most epically delicious and picture perfect turkey I've ever seen! I'm definitely stealing your secret method, Boro!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #707
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I definitely don't remember doing anything of the sort. Did someone spike one of my drinks?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #708
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I definitely don't remember doing anything of the sort. Did someone spike one of my drinks?
Well I remember.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #709
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
*coughenvytoallthatcough*

But heh, let the good times roll!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #710
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:

7. Did you know wilwa loves Boston?
Do I ever, it was amazing there, and I was so excited to be there the whole time!

Quote:
How I wish this were actually true.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #711
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
How I wish this were actually true.
*gag*

So I started making my LJ post about this shenanigans so I could use vulgar language and whatnot, but then decided that passing out with my computer in my lap would be a really terrible idea. Thus, you can have the two whole paragraphs that I wrote before coming to that conclusion (censored, of course. This is a family site, after all).

~~~~

So this epic adventure of epicness begin for me on Saturday December 7th, 2009. After an epic reunion with Nienna at South Station, Formendacil and Boromir88 also glomped just to mock us and because they're mean and nasty people. I told John to "stop being a...*insert mean word here*" and made him carry my bag which we later decided weighs more than Shasta. The four of us quickly bonded and determined family roles. Nienna was the mother, Form was the father, Boro started out as the brother, but was later re-roled to grandfather because he eats so damn slowly, and I was the only child. We were a nice happy family for a few days until we had to go pick up Rune at the airport.

So we trooped over to Logan Airport, where Boro and I threw around Tony Jr. (my football) by the escalators until some random sketchy man going up tried to block it, which distracted Boro and resulted in getting nailed in the crotch with the football. It was quite hilarious, if I do say so myself. Finally Rune got off his plane and found us (not to difficult with the sign that said ++Rune, although he later claimed he never saw it). He was more clean cut than we expected...but that's not surprising considering we were half expecting to see a tall blonde with epic hair wearing a Viking helmet (the tall blonde part was right).

Later that night I punched him in the face. That's your teaser for tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #712
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
*gag*
Luvs her Stick dearly.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #713
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
And you guessed it, a fake ranger reveal by me countered by Shasta.
I dunno, Boro, I'm concerned that we may be overshadowed by the Shasta/Diamond fake-Seer extravaganza.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #714
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I dunno, Boro, I'm concerned that we may be overshadowed by the Shasta/Diamond fake-Seer extravaganza.
That sucked. I mean you were wonderful at it, but for me it sucked, I wish you had killed me and let Phantom make the decision instead.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #715
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Hehehe....Yes...Eeeeeeeeeeviillllllll!!!! T'was the shenanigans to end all shenanigans!! And now Di is going to strangle you...Wait!! I got a picture of that happening!!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #716
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Glirdan, I was going to mention that, but that was yours and Mira's idea, thus felt you should be the ones to explain it. As for the rule 3 I was talking about, it was difficult programming myself to call people by their real names, if I have not had much interaction with the person outside the 'Downs. Now, it's all about reprogramming myself to not type Devin. (Except for Rune and Kath, who made it easy on everyone. )

And by the phantom uncloaked...I mean the man behind the mask was revealed. I have no idea what Fea and wilwa are talking about.

Quote:
I dunno, Boro, I'm concerned that we may be overshadowed by the Shasta/Diamond fake-Seer extravaganza.~Shasta
True. That was quite fantastic of you, poor Diamond.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #717
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
And by the phantom uncloaked...I mean the man behind the mask was revealed. I have no idea what Fea and wilwa are talking about.
Er... um... *blushes*

Nothing. I meant nothing.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #718
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Where to start on all the lovably insane people I met? I will try to go in the order that I met them, but after the first few days, everything is a blur. I would come back to Kelly's and Brinn's to only meet 3-4 new people sitting around.

Form and Nienna picked me up at the airport. Actually my first interaction with Nienna was her receiving a call about me being lost in the airport. This would only be the first call about being lost she would get. The second occured at the corner of Beacon St, and a street that began with W, then spotting the Green Line T to "North Station." Form tried to give us directions, but Glirdan and I were only marginally lost as we were able to retrace our steps back safely to enjoy Mac's potato pancakes. Glirdan's documented our adventure, by taking random pictures, so he can share the pics.

Nienna was very much like the mother of the get together, the one with a plan of epic proportions. Sometimes the execution of the plan failed, but overall she was an extremely commodating and giving host. She was probably worried about having to leave Form, Mira, and I in the apartment for a while because of work (and the "how do you turn off the fire alarm texts" definitely didn't help). However, we soon showed her she had nothing to fear, leaving us to take care of the place, and clean in her absense...even though Form forgot to turn off the stove when learning how to make pasta.

Form was almost exactly as I expected. He likes to come off as a curmudgeon, but is the most laid back and caring person I have met. He was also like a parent in many ways, always willing to listen and willing to help. This may be biased because he wanted to steal me away, to cook for him, and our glomps were quite fabulous. I even thought I saw him at the Cleveland airport yesterday, but alas I was going crazy with miserableness at leaving the moot.

Mira, Mira, Mira...considering her first words to me, which are very un-family friendly and demanding that I carry her bag (that did in fact weigh more than Shasta, because I had Shasta on my back at one point), also getting slapped in the face once, she was a most fabulous sister...ehm grand-daughter . I don't know if I've met anyone who shows her love so violently...it's really disturbing. She should see someone who can help her with those issues, the way she attacked the pretzels and chicken (thanks for the help though) was scarring. We were able to come to a few agreements about football too, which was surprising, seeing as she is a fan of a team I detest, who's QB has yet to show he can win a championship. Without question, the best moment was the first dinner (with Form and Nienna). I was glad to hear there was a possibility she would not have the jersey of the over-hyped QB I mentioned above, suddenly she whips off her sweater and there it is. The face of disgust I made was priceless, and it was so good, it can't be replicated nor captured by a camera.

Next comes the great Viking, aka Danish, aka Rune. Out of the four of us there, I was probably the least nervous about meeting Rune, because we have had some nice, long conversations on-line. When he first got off the plane, and on the train ride he seemed a little dazed and quiet...probably because of jet lag and coming to realize he was in Boston. But once he loosened up with a few beers he was a blast to be around for the rest of the trip. An absolute joy to talk to and go to the pubs with, and he can even make boring grocery shop runs entertaining by his excitement over the price of meat. Dragging me away from telling Kath a story to show me the price of a piece of steak and going on for the rest of the time about how in Denmark you couldn't get meat for that price. I regret missing the next grocery store run with him, where he literally skipped to the meat. Another funny moment with Rune, at the liquor store where he mistook the penny/change jar as a tip jar for the cashier. (Don't worry, Rune, I don't think you have to worry about insulting the man).

That same day Brinn was getting Kath from the airport, and so my first meeting with them took place at the apartment. Brinn is a lovely super-talker who knows how to make great desserts and stuffing. I didn't get much time with Brinn until my last few days where we stayed up late playing cards, and I regret being a bummer about not exploring Boston more. The cold winds made walking around Boston too unbearable for me. I thank her much for burning the Glee soundtrack for a lot of us, because that will provide hours of entertainment for me once I get my back to my laptop.

Kath, is just a charm and beautiful person. It was hilarious when she first came and started talking to Rune. All of the americans sat and listened to the two with thick accents talk and argue. I don't know how to describe it better, but Kath showed that it was perfectly ok to be mean to the Dane. Whenever you meet someone new, you're pretty nervous how you can interact with a person and you don't want to come off as offensive. At first, that's how I was with Rune, but Kath comes in to show it's just Rune, it's ok. Umm, but I will not discuss how she forgot there was a Ranger in the WW game she modded, which as Shasta posted in the Grimoire, made me rather cranky. An honest mistake of course, and our somewhat tipsy convo using Word on Nienna's computer made up for it. Plus, she introduced me to all new kinds of card games!

And that is all for now, sorry the rest will most likely have to wait a few days.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-05-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #719
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Just so you know, this post is reserved for me and I call dibs on Kath's exploding-biscuits-debacle.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #720
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If it was appropriate to post Glirdan and my trip to 7-11 for the necessary props for his proposal to Wilwa, I would call dibs on that.

However, all I can comfortably say is this:

Glirdan and I are both accomplished actors.