Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #681
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It seems, that we are still standing, just waiting for the GO!

I could write a short "we were, at last, on the move"-post, if no one objects...

Sythric might volunteer as another scout - taking a bit different route than Vaenosa (that I think is the basic scouting tactics - covering as great a range as possible). I'll write that too, if no one objects in an hour or two from now.

I will be quite busy tomorrow and the day after that. That's why I won't be socializing right now - as this would otherwise be the perfect situation for it - for I could not answer in two days, and would then slow down the game for my discussion partner.

From Sunday on, I'll be ready and willing to post more...
Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #682
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for the assumption that players knew we were riding along now.

I have covered that in my short description in the SAVE.

So, EVERYONE, please consider the entire group as having left camp and being now on the move.

EDIT: That SAVE post deleted now

Last edited by Arry; 04-13-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #683
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Arry

I've moved my previous post forward. The group has definitely left the camp now.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #684
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll move my SAVE forward then.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #685
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
It's possible that I may be gone all weekend, just a heads-up.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #686
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Arry!

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I had already written my post while all these last discussions took place - and posted it too. So I think, you should move your save one step forwards once again.

Otherwise, I see no bad discrepancies in the storyline.

PS. I had been of the opinion that we were on thew move already, but as Maeggaladiel's post stated, that he was only mounting his horse, I got puzzled, and reacted.

Let's just go forwards...
Old 04-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #687
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for moving us on, Undome

Posted by Undómë

Quote:
Soon the entire group had moved forward. . . . leaving the camp behind.

And as the sun rose near the mid-day position against the grey sky, the riders could see in the distance the sharp drop of the rocky cliffs as The River cut its way downward into the limestone layers.
The group is nearing where it will turn westward from the river's course and proceed toward Edoras (about two full days' ride from where the group makes the turn.)

And 'yes' there will be an incident occur - I think it will begin after this weekend since most of the writers will have Passover or Easter plans/celebrations. Whe the timing is right for the guest writer, I'll jump us forward so we'll be in place.

You might want to begin to consider now whether in this next 'incident' you want your character to continue on, or would you like him/her to die a glorious. gory death.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #688
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nicely modded Arry! Thanks!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #689
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Please note I split my post and moved part of it below Nogrod's.

As has Arry moved his SAVE again, I see.

As he said, the group is just coming up to (notes it in the distance) the area called the Sarn Gebir where the river cuts a deep channel and the cliffs rise high above it.

We should be about where the 'R' is in the 'GREAT' of GREAT RIVER
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #690
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Undómë: That looks pretty good on the thread now. Good!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #691
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Folwren: I'm on today. Tommorow I've got a Good Friday service to go to at the church and my dad's home from being away for 2 weeks. Saturday's my sister's birthday, and Sunday's... well... yeah. I may be able to get in a post tommorow and later Sunday, probably not Saturday...

This weekend sucks for time.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #692
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn Skywalker
Folwren: I'm on today. Tommorow I've got a Good Friday service to go to at the church and my dad's home from being away for 2 weeks. Saturday's my sister's birthday, and Sunday's... well... yeah. I may be able to get in a post tommorow and later Sunday, probably not Saturday...

This weekend sucks for time.
Oh, that's alright, I think. If you can't manage a post before the story moves on, we can insert it into my post. I would like, though, to have some talk between the two of them, even if it's a bit dry.

-- Folwren
Old 04-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #693
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

I threw in a reply... if we want them to talk a bit more, either we can insert it into your next post or mine, or something. We can come up with a conversation through PM. Because I hate godmods.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #694
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oooh! this should be fun! I'll stick up a save because I can't write anything today and I think it's a good idea to do something my PM. . .that's probably a good idea. Can't wait.

But I will have to until tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Old 04-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #695
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I have just posted! Eowyn, I have your character give my character a look(of sorts) hope that's ok.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #696
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Naria

Meghan is riding more or less by herself - just in back of Rædwald and Brand. It's Folwren's character "Athwen", who's riding with Eostre . . .
Old 04-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #697
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Oops!! So she is....I will edit my post right now!

EDIT: Undome, I have made the necessary changes!

Last edited by Naria; 04-14-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #698
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Folwren,

I've finished off our conversation. If there's anything you want me to change re Athwen, please let me know......
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #699
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Removed my save...

Sorry guys, I removed my save... and I'm considering having Osmod die a glorious death. I'm having some RL issues that are affecting my creativity... University being one but there are other things going on as well.

In any case, for now feel free to carry Osmod along. He's in a thoughtful yet not sad mood... other than that he's all yours (I'll still be reading and asking for edits if I see something out of character for him)
Old 04-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #700
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Farael

Will you be writing at all for 'Osmod'? Or do you simply wish to have him killed off in the skirmish?

~*~ Pio
Old 04-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #701
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Farael

Will you be writing at all for 'Osmod'? Or do you simply wish to have him killed off in the skirmish?

~*~ Pio
I haven't made up my mind yet... if he is to be killed I'd like to do it myself, or well, to write it myself. But at least for a while I won't be writing for him as I have a few issues that are making it hard for me to concentrate and write properly. For the record, and as you can probably see me pretty active in Mirth, a Mirth post may take me half an hour and pretty much no editting while a RPG post takes three hours with some heavy bug-fixing.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #702
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, no. Farael. . .I'm very sorry to hear it. That's sad, that you can't do this RPG and might kill him. Is there any hope that RL things might clear up some for you, so you can keep with us? Maybe?

-- Folwren
Old 04-15-2006, 06:56 PM   #703
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Oh, no. Farael. . .I'm very sorry to hear it. That's sad, that you can't do this RPG and might kill him. Is there any hope that RL things might clear up some for you, so you can keep with us? Maybe?

-- Folwren
Well, I sure hope so... it's nothing too terrible, just some issues with the girl I'm dating and I'm hoping they'll be solved one way or another by next week... but last week I hoped that they'd be solved by Yesterday, so you never know. Then my last exam is on Tuesday and I have two weeks 'till spring courses so I might have some time to catch up then.... but the story moves on rather fast and I'm afraid that a fair bit of time has slipped by since the last time Osmod had a good, meaningful post.

For the time being, I hope you forgive me if I don't even try to get a post up, I'll keep on reading the story not to fall behind and if I suddenly have a bout of inspiration I'll post... but other than that, carry Osmod along as you please and if we reach the next "situation" before I have a chance to figure out what I want to do, it'll be the end of Osmod.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:36 AM   #704
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Save filled - Arry and Naria.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #705
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My Save is finally filled. I'm sorry I didn't get to it yesterday.

Eowyn, it would be interested to continue this conversation. Now that I have the Save filled in the timeset of the rules, do you want to continue it and build it up by PM?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-16-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #706
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hi!

I've been working with a post concerning Sythric's scouting. I have made it following the suggestions of Arry. The Save will be filled in about an hours time.

Valier: I'll end my post with the two scouts getting together. At the last hours, we have seen each other - about a mile or two apart from each other - and the place to have the lunch-rest seems obvious enough: a small hillock surrounded by some trees. Sythric has shown some hand-signs to point to the place - from some mile's distance away, and gotten to there first. I'll put the last lines of my post here, if you are thinkinig of writing your post at the hour...

It goes like this:

He heard Vaenosa coming and turned to face her. As she was some twenty yards away, he shouted: "Orcs! No more than two days ago, maybe nearer, going westward! We should rest here, but this is grim news indeed!"

EDIT: Save filled!

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-16-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #707
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The main group is heading toward the rest stop on the tree capped hillock just to the south - the one Nogrod mentioned in his post.

It's turned colder, dark clouds have come up, and it will surely be raining as the group reaches the hill. They will have a meal, wait out the rain, then tomorrow afternoon, Real Time, I'll have the group starting out toward the west, to where the Snowbourn River River meets the Entwash.

At some point after that, our guest player will intrude upon our peaceful traveling . . .
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #708
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Pio, will you put this in Tevildo's post #290, quite a ways back now, to finish up that night for Athwen?

-------------------

POSTED TO GAME

Folwren's post

Athwen was silent and very still for some time, even after Dorran had left her. She followed his retreating figure with her eyes until the darkness hid him and then she turned and dully looked out towards the trees. A sigh came to her lips and she dropped her eyes to the half drunk tea in her hand.

'Poor chap,' she murmured to herself. 'But at least. . .at least his sister was spared him.' She found herself on the verge of crying again. She lifted her hand and covered her eyes while at the same time tried to swallow the hard lump in her throat. 'I would that someone else had lived for me, though,' she whispered. Only the wind heard her, and that was just as well, for no one could give her that wish.

After another moment she rose and walked back towards the camp. The fire was dying down. Athwen knelt beside it, drained the rest of her tea, and then put the cup down. She glanced around herself quickly and then reached out and grasped one of the larger peices of wood earlier brought in by Sythric. With it she stirred up the old logs and then she laid it across the new flames. It would keep it going for a little while and after that, the person on watch would have to enliven it. She was going to take Dorran's advise and go to sleep.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-17-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #709
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've gotten the group to the hill top . . . to shelter and a fire.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #710
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Great! We'll spend a few hours at the camp, waiting out the worst of the rain.

I'm going to work soon, when I return, very late tonight, I'll move the group westward. Hopefully then our guest writer will set up their post and tomorrow we can start our skirmish.

-- Arry
Old 04-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #711
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Great! We'll spend a few hours at the camp, waiting out the worst of the rain.

I'm going to work soon, when I return, very late tonight, I'll move the group westward. Hopefully then our guest writer will set up their post and tomorrow we can start our skirmish.

-- Arry
*sigh* I feel sorry for Athwen both for the rain and for the upcoming trouble. Poor thing, she's got no cloak. And the skirmish will scare her out of her head. But it ought to be fun. . .

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #712
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Undómë.

I have set a save for the oldies to make a short discussion, while building the shelter. Let's see to it together. Any ideas? Now it's 3am here (WW-games... ) and I will have to go to sleep. I could write something tomorrow (after 12 hours from now). If you have any ideas or texts, PM them to me, and we can fill the save together then?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #713
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I will be unable to post for a few days, I have finals. Please feel free to use Vaenosa......But remember she is not overly fond of the strangers. I will be keeping up on what is going on and will probably post on thursday.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:15 AM   #714
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Arry,

I put my post where Dorran talks with Brand in the save space. Hope that works. If you think it would go better someplace else, it would be ok if you asked Child or Pio to move it.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 04-18-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #715
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tevildo

I think I'll have Pio move your post down to my general SAVE space - since several traveling along posts seem to have come after yours . . .

Brand will take what you've said seriously, since you are the one with some experience in these matters

EDIT - I see Pio found another place you had posted it - so I just moved my posts forward . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONE

Please note the combined group has now left the noon shelter and is heading west. It is cold and damp from the rain and the chill wind. The plain we have started across will no doubt be muddy where the dried grasses are thin.

In the distance is a small rise we are headed toward, which has a little thicket of oak trees on it. The oaks most likely still have their dried, brown leaves clinging to them.

Anyone needing to finish up something around the noon camp scene (and before we have moved out and headed west), please put your posts on the Discussion Thread for Pio to move into place

Last edited by Arry; 04-18-2006 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #716
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I could post in something around the lunch - basically Sythric doing what he was sent to do in the first place, eg. to help (talking about scouting, as most of the people along would have never been scouting).

I will leave the post so that Undómë might make Raedwald comment on it.

Also Undómë: my idea about our joint post would have one point: that Sythric would be interested in Raedwald's assessment on Brand, and how Osmod is taking all this. I'll try to PM you something like a draft-text (the beginning) within some hours of time. You could then write it to the end. After that, I could place it to the thread. Let's see, if we have time to make this...
Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #717
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Nogrod

No need really to PM your post - just go ahead and write it - leave it here on the Discussion Thread for Pio to move - and I'll work on a response then for Rædwald.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #718
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Nogrod

No need really to PM your post - just go ahead and write it - leave it here on the Discussion Thread for Pio to move - and I'll work on a response then for Rædwald.
I don't have to leave it here, as I put a save on the thread for it last night. But I can post my part there and inform you about it, so you can take on with it and send your part to me (and I'll attach it there). Ok.?

But this lunch-post that I will attach here, would be made better, if you would like to continue it a bit (it ends by Sythric looking at Raedwald for comments).

So my lunch-post, to be attached in Arry's save:

Nogrod's post - POSTED TO GAME~*~ PIO

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-18-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #719
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Argh... sorry I couldn't get on sooner... RL and Easter... evil... did we want to like edit a conversation into your one post, Folwren? If you have IM we can probably scribble a conversation out over there and edit it in.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #720
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. Arry

If the action coming on us will take place as we ride, should either of our scouts (whoever they will be) have some idea about what is going to happen? And should they react?

I have written in my post, that Sythric will accept the post during the afternoon also, but would be as happy riding with the main group. That kind of means, that as I have already posted a scout-post, I would be ready and willing to give that part to someone else. If no-one wants it, I can make Sythric take it (Vaenosa seems to be our other scout). But as Sythric is an experienced scout, he should not be taken totally unawares...