The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #41
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Great! If I can just get Kath and Legate to confirm, I can start this game up!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #42
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'll confirm with the warning that I will have to miss a Day somewhere along the way. If that's ok then I'll definitely play.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #43
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
Can I join this game?
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bad news, I'm afraid

My computer's dead, again, and there's really no way for me to give the game my proper attention (or any at all, for that matter) without my laptop. So unless you hear from me before the game begins, consider this my withdrawal. I'm sorry.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #45
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So I ended up borrowing a laptop from school, at least until my new power cord comes in. So, if you'll have me back after all my lovely drama hehe, I'd be happy to still be in.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #46
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Make up your mind.

Still just waiting on Legate to yea or nay. I haven't seen him on MSN lately, so if anyone talks to him, could you tell him to post?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Make up your mind.

Still just waiting on Legate to yea or nay. I haven't seen him on MSN lately, so if anyone talks to him, could you tell him to post?
Haven't seen him since....wow, I don't remember. Then again, I haven't been on much myself. You could try facebooking him?

Hehe. *salutes* Yes sir, mind made up, sir. I'm in, sir. Sign me up, sir. Sir, sir. Que sera sera, sira, errrrr, sir.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #48
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Let's play! I'm eager to try out my new persona.

A new persona...
Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #49
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, I plan on starting the game at midnight my time, which is in about seven hours, so hopefully Legate has said something by then; otherwise, we'll have to start without him.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #50
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't know what you guys are talking about...I could've sworn I've seen Legate on msn quite frequently recently. Of course he's not online now...I'm sure he's gone to bed already. But he visited the Downs only just yesterday. Have you tried PMing Legate, Shasta? He may have simply not checked this thread.

I am quite eager to see this game started as it's been a couple weeks since the last one ended. But I'm completely okay with waiting another day if you want to give Legate one last chance to RSVP. It's your game, so I'm good with whenever you decide to start.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #51
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You're probably right, Brinn, but I've not been on a lot so I haven't seen him.

I'm fine with waiting an extra day too, if it's better. Either way's fine with me.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #52
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne
P.S. Quack.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #53
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Surely not.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #55
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Why not?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But you're a lurker. And not just a lurker- you're like... the Queen of Lurkerland... the Mayor of Lurkerton... the lurker who lurks about Lurkerville...

You can't post! It will cause a hole in the fabric of space or something like that!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #57
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Destroy 2/3 of the universe, more like.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #58
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Or a hole roughly the size of Belgium.

ETA: And, after all, are we not all lurkers at heart?

ETA 2: And how do you know I am who you think I am?

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 02-20-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:49 AM   #59
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ooh by the way, what's the deadline for GMT?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #60
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Well, I have been actually on the MSN for a quite long time about two days ago, hoping to see you there, but you didn't appear. I hoped to talk to you just in the case that you had some role which you could assign to me which will have a large probability of getting killed early. Because otherwise (and now for certain), I wouldn't have been able to participate further than some Day 3 or something, so it would make little sense for me to join if it has come this far.

But I will certainly watch this game Especially...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
P.S. Quack.
...this was one of the reasons why I was not willing to give up - that'd be certainly an interesting game.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #61
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ooh by the way, what's the deadline for GMT?
If it's midnight my time, as seems to be implied, that would be 6:00 a.m. GMT.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #62
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So everybody knows, this weekend is my da's 50th birthday, so I have familial obligations that will tie up who knows how much of my time tomorrow. I'll try to stick my head in, but I can't guarantee much.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I should also probably note that I won't be around for the first half of Day 1 because I have to take my social studies CST in the morning. And then try to forget all about it in the afternoon.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #64
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I too will be on and off tomorrow, I'll definitely be voting late.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #65
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Not that I actually have a good reason, but I'll be sleeping for the first half of Day 1. Should be around in later though.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #66
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I see it's still the done thing to tell everyone about one's plans for the day. Why I can't imagine. We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #67
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I see it's still the done thing to tell everyone about one's plans for the day. Why I can't imagine. We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.
Probably because people have been suspected and even lynched before because they didn't show or disappeared without notice.

Which is why I'll let everyone know I decided to join a film shoot last minute. It's supposed to last all day, so I don't know when I'll be back. Certainly before 1am though, so I should be around to post again, but perhaps not until late.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
We all have lives to lead and posting at regular intervals is not a requirement.
In many games, there are posting requirements. Since I knew before I even agreed to play that there would be a few days when my absence would be consipcuous, it seems only fair to warn: I'm devoting the rest of today to learning how to drive standard, and eating pizza with extended family.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #69
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just to be clear about the deadline...

If a vote is marked 12:01, it is late?

Or is a vote late if it is marked 12:00?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Just to be clear about the deadline...

If a vote is marked 12:01, it is late?

Or is a vote late if it is marked 12:00?
With all reason any vote in at 12:00 should be in and any with 12:01 should be late. I think Shasta said that quite openly back there.

So ending the Day at 11.59 is a bit early I'd say... as well as ending it on 12:00. and not counting votes that are marked 12:00 as well... Not that it happened this time but for the principle.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #71
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Perhaps Shasta could clarify exactly how many posts are required from each of us in one day, then? It's absurd to apologetically list one's itinerary for the day and transfer this information into an online game. I don't want players to make game-decisions according to certain commitments of other players away from the game. Because we all have them.

In the early days we were forbidden from speaking about so-called 'RL'. When a player was unable to make it back that day he/she would tell, in game, that the tavern or the library or some other feature that could be construed as part of the village was calling. That was a nice way of doing it. But then it became fashionable to explain presence in terms outside the game, and when we are constantly being taken outside the game, we lose something.

Or is that idealism?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #72
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm really sorry people.
I just woke up 3 hours ago. It seems that the Black Breath (okay, maybe not that bad, but Eomer insisted it be ME-related) has got me.
It doesn't feel right voting anyone so that's all from me.

You can kill me off if you want.

If I'm still alive I'll hopefully be back toMorrow.

Last edited by Eönwë; 02-23-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: clarifying
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #73
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I'm really sorry people.
I just woke up 3 hours ago. It seems that the Black Breath (okay, maybe not that bad) has got me.

I don't feel right.

You can kill me off if you want.

I might be able to make toMorrow, but maybe not.

Awwww, poor Steve. *hug* Don't fret about the game, kiddo, just get to feeling better. Hope you're back among the living....erm, dead Downers soon.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #74
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Durelin wanted me to inform you all that she is currently unable to post/vote in Werewolf due to her college internet going down.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote