The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sauron,Morgoth and Feanor hatred club

Members: Miriel,Gorlim,Eilinel,Beren,Luthien,Huan,Finrod,Eo wyn,Nimrodel,Imrazor , Mithrellas,Urwen and whoever wants to insult Morgoth,Sauron or Feanor.
Weapons:words
Every member listed above should insult Sauron or Morgoth,or Feanor with one hundred words maximum
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

What should the rest of us do?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay I'll start.

Since I doubt that Huan would waste any of his three speaking chances with insults he would probably say:
Woof woof, woof woof woof!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
How dare you insult my precious Feanor!
I shall invoke the DOOM of Doomity-doom upon thee for thy sacrilege!

Ooo, sparkly thing.

_is distracted and runs off in pursuit of the sparkling thing_
Old 04-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

Sacrilege ? All right,you. Tell Feanor to stop going after my Olwe!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #6
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Come on. How is Olwe's obsession with his plankwood Swanships any different from that of Feanor with his Silmarils?

The Kinslaying was his fault as well as that of Feanor. Leastways Silmarils *sparkle* prettily.
Eorl of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

FEANOR HAS EMPTY HEAD!!!!

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
FEANOR HAS EMPTY HEAD!!!!
I'm deeply impressed by the sagacity of this insult.
Yeah, go on dissing Feanor. After all, he only made the Silmarils, palantíri and Feanorian lamps. Never mind he also invented the Tengwar and was the chief linguistic loremaster of his time. Clearly an empty head.
Whereas Olwe - are we ever told he actually did anything in his whole life? If not for his brother and his grandchildren, nobody would remember his name at all.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm betting you would gain far more support if you were to start a Sauron, Melkor, and Feanor fan club.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sauron, on the other hand, simply begs to be thrashed.
The lieutenant of Morgoth, former commander of Angband, necromancer and lord of werewolves - bested by a girl and her dog. Pathetic.
Afterwards, he got lucky for a while with the Númenóreans, but his worst ever decision was the making of the Ring. "I want to rule the whole world and become unvincible, so I'll put a whole lot of my power into a detachable object that I'm bound to lose sooner or later for the first halfwit halfling who passes by to pick it up. And to be sure, I'll base the foundations of my impregnable fortress and everything else on this thing so that my whole kingdom crumbles to bits when something untoward happens to it." Pure stroke of genius.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Garbage, Pitchy.

He wasn't bested by a girl and her dog. The girl fainted when he got close, where as Huan, the great and mighty hound of Valinor, attacked Sauron from behind while Sauron was under the influence of drowsy-dust from Luthien's cloak. So Huan had on his side both the initial upper-hand as well as the fact that he was fated not to lose, plus Sauron was in a different form than usual which had to be slightly awkward.

And "lucky" with the Numenoreans? Ha! Try brilliant and evil. That was a masterpiece.

And his ring was genius! Remember- Frodo DID NOT DESTROY THE RING!! He couldn't! No one could willingly do so! The only reason Sauron got destroyed was divine intervention essentially- setting up the perfect situation where someone would *rolls eyes* trip and fall into the cracks of doom.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The girl fainted when he got close
Which only goes to prove that he had halitosis too.
Quote:
plus Sauron was in a different form than usual which had to be slightly awkward.
I'll concede that. First time wolf syndrome can be tough. We've all been through that, haven't we?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #13
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I'll concede that. First time wolf syndrome can be tough. We've all been through that, haven't we?
*dies*

Quote:
He wasn't bested by a girl and her dog. The girl fainted when he got close, where as Huan, the great and mighty hound of Valinor, attacked Sauron from behind while Sauron was under the influence of drowsy-dust from Luthien's cloak. So Huan had on his side both the initial upper-hand as well as the fact that he was fated not to lose, plus Sauron was in a different form than usual which had to be slightly awkward.
Uh-uh. Huan and Luthien still bested him, tp. Okay, there were extenuating circustances. They WON. He LOST.

By way of illustration–

Scene: Morgoth's throneroom, Thangorodrim. Enter Sauron.

Morgoth (with icy menace): Well, Sauron. I'm surprised you dare show your face around here, after making a complete laughingstock of the forces of darkness. I still can't believe you lost to a girl and a dog!

Sauron (clears throat): Lost? What are you talking about, your Majesty? Actually, I won.

Morgoth (taken aback): You won? Rumour has it that the dog had you by the throat. Besides, what happened to Tol-in-Gaurhoth, then?

Sauron: Ah, but your Majesty, when you consider all the disadvantages I was under– Luthien's magic, the dog's sneak-attack, me not being in my usual form– not to mention fate being against me– you'll see that really I did win. On points, your Majesty.

Morgoth: That's it. You're fired!

Hurls Iron Crown at him. Exit Sauron, hurriedly.

THE END.

See?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
The lieutenant of Morgoth, former commander of Angband, necromancer and lord of werewolves - bested by a girl and her dog. Pathetic.
Sexist.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #15
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
And caninist!

If that's a word.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #16
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And caninist!

If that's a word.
I think it has to be - cynophobia seems to cover only fear of dogs.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
But are caninist stories caninical??
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I understand and am sensitive to the plight of those who have OCD...with that said, Feanor takes this malady to a new and ridiculous extreme. Could you imagine having Feanor be a coworker. If the stapler was 1/18 of an inch out of alignment he would notice and it would bother him and he would embark on some fool quest until the stapler was fixed. Look at the way the buffoon undertook the foolhardy mission to take back his precious shinny stones. I mean really any novelty shop should have similar stones in stock.

My parents often told me I had a one track mind as a child but at least that track could be changed from time to time, with Feanor one that track was on, it stuck and nothing would ever change it.

Now Sauron, let's think, oh yes can you imagine him brooding..."I"m going to make the most powerful weapon ever. I shall pour my whole spirit and malice into it. With this I shall become more powerful than ever. I shall make a...*thinking* mace, no that's too obvious, ummm impregnable armor, nah too easy, *snaps his fingers* I've got it *says aloud " I'll make a ring" *all goblins look at him questioningly* How silly a concept to put all your power in one object. Can you imagine going to your financial advisor and saying "Yes sir, I'd like to put all my money in General Motors".

Melkor, the hippies worst nightmare. He snuck into Valinor and could have caused some actual causalities but nooooo he attacks trees...Munchie and Petal are severely traumatized but really trees reproduce so let's not worry about that. He's a sub-par villain at best whose only real claim to fame is that it took him a long time to sufficiently raise the ire of his superiors.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
*suffocates from laughing fit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
If the stapler was 1/18 of an inch out of alignment he would notice and it would bother him and he would embark on some fool quest until the stapler was fixed.
Exactly. Who else would come close to starting a kinstrife over the correct pronunciation of þ (see the Shibboleth)? So it seems Feanor's second name was... Monk?! *ROFL*
Old 04-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
*groan* You should be up lined up in front of a canin for that pun.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #21
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hilarious

Yes, Sauron put all of his will in to GM :P LOL
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote