The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #81
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Saurreg - I don't know what logic Eomer would be using. If I did, I would probably fill it with holes, and failing that, use it myself. In any case, I don't think a Seer would be as open as him, and a shirriff would have a partner.

For myself, the Day draws to a close. I am weary of Firefoot, and have not seen her since I accused her.

++Firefoot
Remember the wolves are probably quiet and laughing at the votes against Eomer and G-G.

Edit: Oh dear, cross-post. That's a shame, but what's done is done.

Firefoot, I was referring to this:
Quote:
But, Holbytlass, if we can't lynch a wolf, wouldn't it be better to lynch an ungifted villager than a gifted one?
I missed you later changing your mind about that. Still, changing your mind... wolfy or not? I'm not sure. I think you're slightly more innocent now due to the analytical response, but for a lack of anybody better to vote for, why not you?

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-13-2005 at 06:59 AM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:57 AM   #82
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I am weary of Firefoot, and have not seen her since I accused her.
That's because you posted your accusation at 5:20 AM, my time. I didn't wake up until two hours later.

Since you seem to want a response from your accusation (even if it is too late), here it is:

Quote:
For myself, I will probably be voting Firefoot. She's quiet, she's present but not noticable,
I have reasons for being quiet. A) When I throw out possibilities this early in the game, they tend to be wrong. I am stubborn enough that once I start thinking one way I don't tend to change unless I see good evidence. So, I'm reserving judgment until there is something to comment on. Right now I'm just trying to figure everyone out; I'll be more vocal once I have some ideas. B) I don't want to unknowingly contribute to wolves' tricks again.
Quote:
she wants to kill innocent villagers.
No, I don't. I'm sorry if it appears that way because I misunderstood the point Holby was trying to make, but lynching innocents is not my intent. I want to lynch wolves. I don't see much chance of doing so, but I proposed my idea:
Quote:
I think our best bet for today is for everyone to vote for who they think is guilty. That way, everyone won't be voting for the same person, and that voting will leave evidence that we can make some sense out of.
I know that it is doubtful that we will lynch a wolf this way. I also know that it is doubtful that we will catch a wolf any other way - and I don't really hear any other proposals of how to catch a wolf toDay. At least this way, we will have something to work with in the coming DAYs. Capíche?
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 AM   #83
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Screwy posting?

OK, two innocents: myself and the guy who be short. Just look at the plan he had. In the best spirits, I believe. I had honestly forgotten that little rule about the Guardian too so it's easy for me to believe him. All this talk of the plan being an attempt to reveal the Seer is naive. tgwbs knew that the Seer would not reveal his or herself until after the plan had come under serious scrutiny. So if he did know the snag in his plan then he would also have realised that the plan would never catch on.

About catching werewolves and believing in my integrity due to my royal connections.....take a step back. Some things in the game are not meant to be taken with the utmost seriousness. Were it not for jests the game would be half as entertaining.

As for me really catching wolves, why all the pressure on me? We're all meant to be catching wolves. Why am I being called upon to offer my evidence? What's so special about me? What's so screwy about my posting?

Stop voting for me. You have nothing to go on. I will most likely vote for Gil-galad to save myself now. Even so, all this pressure on me is telling. When my innocent body is swaying gently in the wind, take a close look at those who were out to get me.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:01 AM   #84
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Mod's Note: there is only a half hour left and seven of you haven't voted yet. Get moving.

EDIT: *impatient cough* 17 minutes. I will be very put out should there be a double lynching by default.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-13-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:07 AM   #85
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I will likely be voting for one of the following: Gil, Lhuna, or Oromin. I don't think Eomer is a wolf after hearing who he 'knew' to be innocent and why. I'm not sure about Gil; I don't think he's a wolf yet, I think he's just being himself. Lhuna didn't give us anything new to think about and jumped on Gil after Morm voted for him. Oromin hasn't posted anything of substance either but at least it has been pertinent to the game. She readily nudged the suspicion away from herself in her first post to Morm - "unless you're a wolf..."

I don't know if Lhuna or Oromin have any chance of being lynched though. The vote seems to be going to Gil or Eomer.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #86
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

The tricky thing is, I can understand all votes cast thus far.

Except littlemanpoet's. He jumps on me for screwy posting. I have already explained why my posts were not screwy. The innocents I have named. The wolves I have linked to my royal connections, eg. Mirth. Nothing screwy there at all.

His plan of lynching innocents is a funny one too. And also telling the Seer to be quiet is strange. I would love some of the Seer's information. What if the Seer dies two nights from now, keeping quiet so that we learn nothing from him/her? I don't think his strategy is a good one for a villager, but it's his singling out and subsequent vote for me which makes me think. He realised that by pointing to my so-called 'screwy posting' he could make a target out of me. Saurreg has followed him, despite alluding to wanting to lynch someone else.

I really want to vote for littlemanpoet, but I might have to vote for Gil to save myself.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #87
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
As for me really catching wolves, why all the pressure on me? We're all meant to be catching wolves. Why am I being called upon to offer my evidence? What's so special about me? What's so screwy about my posting?
Post 3- spirit of game
post 19- eludes to 2 innocents
post 21- joke
post 31- warns against getting the idea of seeing people as wolves stuck in head. (isn't that the point)
post 36-says he has evidence to name and shame 2 wolves tomorrow (the royalty part again spirit of game obviously but now redirects to wolves)
post 43- joke
post 75- irrelevant (clearing up personal issues)
post 76- points out again, 2 innocents, himself and someone else then states the quote above.
post 78- wants dialogue with me and doesn't understand what I want from him
post 84-names himself and TGWBS as his innocents.

Eomer is confusing as he states he has 2 wolves in mind but won't name them, doesn't understand what people want from him when it is based on what he posts.

++Eomer
Old 07-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #88
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, time runs short. There don't seem to be enough people hanging around to lynch someone else and avoid a double (triple?) lynching. So I guess I'll cast my vote for

++Gil-Galad.

If he isn't guilty, at least we won't have to be confused by his short, insubstantial posts.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #89
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

No, no, no! I have NO wolves in mind! MIRTH MIRTH MIRTH!

I was seriously going to vote for littlemanpoet there. I barely see the point now. I know I'm going to die.

Oh, what the hell...

++ littlemanpoet

Don't bother trying to make a tie with Gil. He's probably innocent.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #90
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You guys are done. Eomer's dead. Expect a post very shortly.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #91
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And so was it decided that Eomer of the Rohirrim would be the day's scapegoat.

"What is wrong with you people!?" he cried out in a pained voice, leaning nonchalantly on the edge of the village well. "Can't you see that I'm innocent? And besides that... I'm too handsome to die."

"You know," several of the village lasses murmered, "he has a point."

"Yes, you see? I'm innocent!"

"No 'Mer, you're gorgeous. There's a difference."

"I've a solution," growled one of the more stubborn villagers (a jealous man, to be honest). "We take this here tartan sack, and we put it over his head."

Swiftly this course of action was agreed on. T'would be rather easier to kill him if they did not have to see his handsome face, pleading eyes, and rather innocent-looking demeanor. As a group, they surrounded Eomer.

"Wait... how is this going to work?" he asked, looking nervously at the well behind him. "I have a profound fear of drowning." he revealed. "I have nightmares of it. It's like it happened in a past life or something. What are you doing?" His questions grew increasingly panicked. "Wait... lynching... hanging. You should hang me. Or stone me. I've got a pitchfork at home if you'd prefer it!"

Growing weary of his cries, an impatient villager embraced him calmly, whispering in his ear that it would all be all right. With that, the villager pushed Eomer backwards, watching him fall with a clatter to the bottom of the well. As he fell, the tartan sack (a kilt, actually, but they're so versitile) fell away from his eyes. His last view of the world was that of the lid eclipsing the sun.

A short time later, the villagers pulled the lid aside to see the consequences of their first mobbing. Far away in the depths they could see a body floating face down. No signs of abnormal strength had been displayed. No monstrous transformations had broken the bond. Eomer of the Rohirrim had been naught but a simple villager, and now he was dead.

NIGHT has begun. Werewolves, you may PM. Sherriffs, you may not. The Seer needs to get me a name, the Hunter needs to get me a name, the Ranger needs to get me a name, the Mytho needs to get me a name. Once the wolves have made a decision, they also need to get me a name.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:18 AM   #92
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The weather had turned brutal just as the villagers had dispersed for the night. The rain poured down with a pronounced rat-a-tat as the thunder provided a heavy downbeat. Above all, faintly, the sounds of a ghostly lute rose from the village well in a tune that, should circumstances be different, could have been conceived as a lively one, and good for dancing. However nobody noticed, because nearly all of the villagers were lying safely in their beds, pretending to be asleep.

Three who pretended to be villagers were quite safe, but were not in beds, and were not asleep. One villager lay quite safely in bed, and was asleep. The dark form lurking near that villager's door was neither in bed, asleep, nor safe.

The figure prowled the edges of the house, taking in every sight. The windows had been barred, the doors were locked. The villager inside was safe. She dared not to rest, but continued her rounds, kept company only by the lightening dancing on the horizen to the tune of the ghostly lute and the long sword in her hand. That and the sound of heavy breathing from above.

"No," she cried, all together too late to stop them. The wolves dropped from the roof top to surround her. Their fangs shone in the flickering light of the storm. "You cannot take this villager!" the Ranger yelled fiercely. The least expected sound met her ears. Laughter.

"Kath, darling... who said we wanted the one that you guard?" With that, the wolves attacked. Her sword flashed through the night like a silver butterfly, catching one of the wolves in the arm. The cut healed instantly. She dropped her sword, reaching for her spear. It was wrestled from her grip and she was thrown to the ground. Her long knives met a similar fate, and her bow and arrows never made it to her hands. Though her chosen villager was still safe, Kath had died a lonely, and yet rather interesting and heroic, death. And though it was a rather loud occurence, none of the rest of the villagers heard, seeing as how they were all safely in bed, pretending to be asleep.

-----------------------------------------

DAY has now begun. Werewolves, no more PMing. Sherriffs, PM all you want.

All of last NIGHT's duties were performed flawlessly, including dreams requested and granted by both of the village's Seers.

Villagers Dead:
Eomer (villager): pushed into a well on DAY 1
Kath (Ranger): killed three-on-one by wolves while guarding someone

Villagers Alive:
Firefoot
Gil-Galad
Holby
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Nilp
Oromin
Saurreg
TGWBS
Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #93
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Right, Day is here. LMP and I discussed this yesterDay and have decided to tell you:

We, TGWBS and LMP, are the Shirriffs.

Well, the reasoning behind this may be obvious, and it may not. If it isn't, we're not gonna tell you.

Now then, the Ranger's death was most damaging, I was going to post a plan involving her. However, two Seers... I'll have to do some planning. Doubtless I'll come up with something.

The important thing to remember is we have double the Dream power. 3 villagers have now been dreamt of. I shall think and return to you.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-14-2005 at 07:24 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #94
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
That could be a ploy to defend yourselves...how do we know your not the werewolves trying to protect yourselves from the villagers? very mysterious TGWBS...
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #95
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Gil, I think we can take them at their word. And if they weren't the true Shirriffs, I'm sure that the real ones would speak up - thus exposing two of the four Shirriff-claim-to-be's as wolves. No, I'd say that LMP and TGWBS really are our Shirriffs.

And what a stroke of luck! Two seers, now! This will be a real advantage, especially now that our Ranger is gone. (Poor Kath. She'll be missed.)

For the record, here is the last night's voting. Proven innocents are underlined, and I went ahead and underlined LMP and TGWBS, since I don't see why they would claim to be Shirriffs unless they were:

Gil – 3 (Morm, Lhuna, Firefoot)
Eomer – 4 (lmp, Saurreg, Gil, Holbytlass)
Firefoot – 1 (TGWBS)
Lmp – 1 (Eomer)

Did not vote: Oromin, Nilp, Kath
Old 07-14-2005, 08:09 AM   #96
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
The problem with that is that I don't understand mormegil's reasons on voting for Gil. He said it was due to the lack of substantial posting, but Gil never posts a huge amount so it is difficult to use this as a reason, especially seeing as how Oro has made even fewer posts with just as little in them. I realise he now can't answer for himself but I'm just wondering if this strikes anyone else as odd.
Even though Kath has gone I would like to answer her queries and doubts here. True that Oromin's posts were short, however, there was minimal substance and also they were game related. In contrast Gil's post was a single post and had absolutely nothing to do with the game. He since posted a couple more times pouting and yelling about this and that. Finally today something vaguely substantial came from him. I don't expect greatness but some participation from those who wanted to play. Why else should somebody sign up if they can't play?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #97
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
I should explain why I voted for Eomer.

It is true that the LMP with his distracting style of writing was my main suspect through analysis and deduction. However Eomer's posting behaviour made me to belief he was either a werewolf that was trying a big gambit to save his pelt or that he was one of the Sheriffs and that TGWBS was his partner.

The rationale for my second assumption is as follows:

In my 2nd post I questioned if Eomer was a sheriff and near the end of that round he professed to the innocence of himself and TGWBS. Also in a post that quoted mine, TGWBS said this

Quote:
I'm quite certain he is neither a Seer nor a Shirriff - it would be stupid for the Seer to come out so early, and there is no seond Shirriff supporting Eomer. I find it much more likely that he'll be trying to work things out logically
The first part of the post definately put down Eomer alittle, however it is the second part that got my attention. Working out logically carries a postive notion, a desirable attribute if you must, especially in this game where emotions and senselessness is rampant and that logic is most needed. So there was TGWBS who first put down Eomer and then seemingly praise him. It was odd and then it struck me that the both of them could be sheriffs - i.e. Eomer was already hinting to us that and TGWBS was sublty supporting. Which was why I asked TGWBS on what logic he was referring to. However RL intervened and I was forced away from the PC before I read TGWBS's reply which was somewhat lacklusture (aka disappointing)...

In any case Eomer was innocent and that my guess that TGWBS was his sherriff partner proved false. However that does not take away the fact that eomer was indeed posting very oddly that round and I would like to hear more from TGWBS himself before I pass judgement.

LMP and TGWBS are the first to post in and they immediately claim to be the sherriffs. With may suspicions wrong yesterday, I will read the other posts before making my judgement. Firefoot believes that the duo are truly what they claim themselves to be and I suspect many will

Night has passed and we have two seers now and that is a great boost to our strength. I am somewhat assured by this added insurance that I shall be bolder in my deductions knowing that even if I perish, the wolves will stand a slimmer chance of winning.

More to come very soon.

RL: Tomorrow I don my graduation gown and mortarboard and by sunset I shall be a full-fledged engineer. So I may not be around that frequently come next sunrest. Woot.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 AM   #98
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Firstly, I would like to say to our Seers:

If we are about to lynch you, TELL US WHO YOU ARE AND TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW! If you don't know anybody guilty, just choose somebody for the rest of the village to vote for. The wolves will kill you during the Night, but at least we won't be lynching you ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-G
That could be a ploy to defend yourselves...how do we know your not the werewolves trying to protect yourselves from the villagers? very mysterious TGWBS...
For two wolves to declare themselves would be the stupidest thing they could do. If one of them got voted for, the other would also die. The risk would be too great. However, as I've said, we're coming out for reasons we don't want to disclose yet. If you can't work it out, don't worry about it.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #99
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

TGWBS has made a valid point. Consider this; if two other players suddenly jump up and claim they are the real sherriffs, then it would be a 50-50 standoff. It would be most logical to assume that the other six villagers would vote for at least one of the four and if he is really a sherriff then the opposing pair is doomed. If he is a wolf, than he is already dead and his partner is doomed. In either case two wolves would perish.

Very clever TGWBS - I am now more inclined to belief you. With two sherriffs and two seers, we have the odds in our favour.

Nevertheless I still await your explanation for that post.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #100
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
In any case Eomer was innocent and that my guess that TGWBS was his sherriff partner proved false. However that does not take away the fact that eomer was indeed posting very oddly that round and I would like to hear more from TGWBS himself before I pass judgement.
I sort of made a logical leap that Eomer would presume the innocent was me due to my plan, and I was right. Even if that weren't the case, I know Eomer is very clever, so I simply presumed he would try to apply logic to the situation.

I'll be back to analyse yesterDay's voting and last Night's death later.

EDIt: By the way, I knew he wasn't a Shirriff because I'm a Shirriff. I knew he wasn't the Seer because a Seer would not be so obvious about saying they knew an innocent. Realistically, this only left the possibility that he would be using his noodle to work things out.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 AM   #101
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lovin' it!

Yes, guy and I are the shirriffs. I can understand any lingering doubts.

By the way, as I have revealed myself as shirriff, my "bum" disguise is of no value anymore, and I shall communicate with all of you as one of the king's men.

Okay. Yes, it would be stupid for two werewolves to claim to be shirriffs and have a 50-50 duel. You guys would of course pick one of us and lynch one of the four, and instantly would be revealed both shirriffs and two of the three werewolves - who by the way will not have their number increased since we have two seers. Awesome! yee ha!

The added benefit, when logic overcomes suspicion, is that you guys now know that you don't have to fear double bluffing from either guy or me. That's an additional advantage.

Guy and I have signed our death warrants, as far as the werewolves are concerned. The longer we're alive, the longer they have known innocents who the rest of the villagers no they can trust intuitively.

:talking to ghosts: Eomer, most sorry about your death. But I think that your passing may be deemed a sacrifice, because yesterday's votes may have been more revealing than the werewolves intended.

A couple theories:

Lhunardawen piggybacked on morm so quick it made our heads spin. Also, she posted to the main thread during the NIGHT phase - a rookie werewolf type of mistake (I should know).

Holbytlass went to such great extents to defend her vote that she must have something furry to hide.

Gilly posted during the NIGHT phase also - same situation as with Lhun.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-14-2005 at 01:53 PM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #102
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I find it very interesting the Eomer died. The whole day I saw nothing in him that indicated he was a wolf. I reread everything and still coudln't see why people thought him as strongly as they did. What I did find was some wolfish activity a foot here. I will hold off on posting my major suspicious currently but go back and analyze those who argued for Eomer's lynching and I think you will find something rather telling in finding subtle yet persistent encouragements from at least one other person. Finding that LMP is very enlightening and adds to my theory. As I said I will not share it now but want you all to look back a bit too.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #103
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Admittedly, morm, my "stab in the dark" vote for Eomer was on a par with your stab at Gilly. I especially didn't want to bandwagon on your choice; we needed more candidates from which the wolves had to choose.

Building on what I was saying before, All three wolves would not vote for the same person. Maybe the three spread their votes amongst three different candidates, which means that Gilly might be a wolf. Firefoot also voted for Gilly, but doesn't seem wolfish to me. I'm betting that one of the wolves didn't vote.

So my three main suspects are:

Lhunardawen
Gil-galad
Holbytlass

Defend yourselves, if you can.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-14-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #104
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I went to great extent to defend my vote at the time because Emer didn't understand why I wanted information from him that I thought he had.
I'm very sorry now but hindsight is 20/20. I wanted to point out in his posts where I knew he was joking and where I took to be serious. I did post-pone my vote as late as possible to see what he had to say but it was down to the wire. And I'd rather vote than not vote at all.

*chuckle* I thought LMP and Firefoot were the shirrifs until Firefoot started questioning LMP too much.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #105
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

It is late here and I must retire to bed. I will return in about nine hours time to post another summary cast and my vote.

Just a thought - there are some whom have been very quiet last round and now this. My thoughts would be on them.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #106
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

TGWBS accuses

Gil-Galad - Strange short posts. Gets upset and shouts when people vote for him. Voted Eomer, but likely to save himself.

Holbytlass - Votes Eomer, clinching his death.

Lhunardawen - Extremely defensive when my abacus names her randomly. Quickly jumped in to vote for G-G.

mormegil - Voted G-G for no apparent reason other than G-G being his normal self.

Nilpaurion - No posts. Nothing. At all. (Will the Mod kill him for this?)

Orominuialwen - Very quiet. Creepy. Doesn't post nearly enough. Didn't vote, possibly an attempt to stay under the radar. Accused Eomer.

Saurreg - Analytical, yes. However, he suspected Eomer (voted for him quickly too), Kath, LMP, possibly me. 4 innocents? We could just lynch him for bad luck.
After voting for Eomer, he tells us he thought Eomer was a Shirriff! Why would an innocent vote for somebody he thought was a Shirriff?

I'm leaning towards a Saurreg/Oro/Lhuna trio.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #107
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I want to explain, even in more detail, why I voted Gil.

Two main reasons.

1. I want to eliminate the wolves hiding place of little or no posting. It's far too easy a strategy because we are all willing to make up excuses for them when they post nothing to give us any information about them.

2. I'm sorry that his Dad isn't letting him get on the computer much but if that's the case why do you start a game. This is not a direct attack on Gil but in general. If you can't fully participate it's best to sit it out. We've seen many people do this. SpM is one example.

So it may sound callous or perhaps even a wolfish ploy (take as you like) but I'm of the opinion that if they can't contribute one way or another that they are good cannon fodder especially the first day.

What I don't understand is how Gil can yell that he can't have fun playing because we kill him off and yet he also states that he doesn't have time to post anything. How can it be fun if you can't post? Could be a wolf trying to get our sympathy and it seems to be working. I have no certainty as to whether or not he is a wolf, but we all seem willing to just say "oh that's just Ol' Gil and the way he is" Well maybe we ought to look more into it than we are.

Right now I have high suspicions of Holby and she's raised many red flags of what I look for in a wolf. I don't have time to explain why I suspect her sufficiently right now so I will post later on that.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #108
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sorry I haven't posted much. The reason I didn't vote yesterday is because I forgot when the vote was going to end. I just have to remember to vote at night, because I'm not generally awake in the morning when DAY ends. tgwbs, all I can say is that I was initially suspicious of you (mostly yesterDAY), but once lmp confirmed that you were indeed sherrifs, I trusted you. What this means, I will leave you to work out...
Old 07-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #109
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Please explain that as soon as possible morm. It's better to get accusations done early.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #110
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, I've been doing some hard-core theorizing and planning, and I think I have a foolproof plan for the villagers to win. I'm going to do some double-checking, but stand by.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #111
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Firefoot, does it involve the Seers? If so, I have had the same idea. However, it may work better implemented tomorrow.

If that is not the case, tell us your plan.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #112
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Holbytlass is a wolf!

I admit that this isnt' the great evidence but I was able to gleen something from DAY 1 and also using my instinct I think I can say that Holby is a wolf.

Post #46. Seems fairly certain that Eomer is innocent and yet begins attacking him almost immediately after and votes for him.

Post #53

Quote:
I have an idea who might be the shirrifs but since they're not saying anything maybe I shouldn't
I realize that this could be taken to have two meanings. One coud be that she's a wolf and doesn't want to them to vocalize who they are or that's she innocent and thinks that it's best left to them to announce themselves.

In post #89 she either inadvertenly or intentionally misreads what Eomer said in post 31
Quote:
post 31- warns against getting the idea of seeing people as wolves stuck in head. (isn't that the point)
What he meant to say is that we need to look at people closely and not narrow our minds to one person because he looks a bit suspicious which we did yesterday on poor Eomer. I believe this was an intentional misread.

She starts the day today being defensive of her vote.

But I think the most telling that I cannot give an exact post # on is her behavior seems very wolvish to me. She was the one the kept subtely redirecting us to Eomer. She let LMP (innocent) lead the charge but kept the heat on but in a less noticable manner. She gave a very decisive vote to clinch Eomer's death. She is acting very wolvish. Posting and saying things but staying out of the spotlight, directing us to Eomer in a subtle way, and going back and forth with Firefoot.

That brings me to another conclusion. Firefoot is possibly in cahoots with her. One example of them distancing themselves is in post #49. They vote differently also to distance themselves.

I'm less convinced of Firefoot's guilt but there is a possible link.

Other suspects are Saurreg, Gil-Galad
Lesser but still suspect: Lhuna, Oromin
Would want to hear from Nilp
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #113
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Yes, it involves the Seers, but I just realized it has a hole in it which I had missed; I'll not state my plan just yet.

Right now I'm very suspicious of Holby and Gil, and I'm starting to feel more suspicious about Saurreg as well. Of your trio, TGWBS, I would be most inclined to vote for Saurreg. I'm not so suspicious of Oromin or Lhuna (I know they were on my lynch-list yesterDay, but after thinking about it for quite some time they've been reduced to much lower on my list). Saurreg listed Holby and Gil as "worth a closer look" and "interesting" respectively; if they are going for a bluff, these are the two most likely on that list.

I know this isn't terribly concrete, but at the moment my brain is pretty fried from trying to work out my plan. I'll try to post something more conclusive in a bit.

Edit: basically what Morm just said...
Old 07-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #114
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Seeing that you had a cross post with me Firefoot and you also suspect Holby I'm less inclined to vote you but still watchful of you.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:49 PM   #115
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I see no reason to wait until tomorrow, because I think I know what your plan is, and will beat you to it because my posting window is not for sure to be open until 3 hours before voting ends RL tomorrow. So here goes.

No multiple lynchings. They don't do us enough good to counter the risk.

Instead: Lynch Suspect A; have Seer #1 dream suspect B; have Seer # 2 dream suspect C. Have the Hunter ... um ... choose one of either B or C to hunt. I'm not sure how best to use the Hunter, so that's up for grabs. Now, Seer #2 knows who Seer #1 is, but not vice versa. Fair enough. Seers, please hold off on declaring anything.

Now, to protect the identities of the Seers, this plan must be approved by at least 7 villagers: the 2 seers, the 1 hunter, the 2 shirriffs, and the 2 ungifted innocents. Undoubtedly, one or more of the werewolves will probably approve of this plan, and perhaps quickly, in order not to stick out like a sore thumb as a furry beast.

Okay, that's my plan. I may not get to post for another 14 hours, but that's still within the voting framework. If you strongly disagree with my suspect list, say so in numbers so that the werewolves can't have an impact there either.

It may be too early to tell, but if this plan works the way I think it should, this game should be sown up and won by the villagers in a matter of 2 or 3 days.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-14-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #116
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I'm for you plan and if it were up to me I would list suspects as follows

A: Holby
B: Gil
C: Saurreg
Old 07-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #117
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I agree with Morm for the suspect list, and LMP is right that the Seers shouldn't declare anything just yet. (Unless, you know, you know who a wolf is. )

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-14-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #118
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Seers should, I think, remain quiet about their identities for the moment, though they should remember to leave tracable hints after death.

I'm most inclined to lynch Saurreg due to his statement that he thought Eomer was a Shirriff and yet voted for him for some reason. I would also like Seer dreams of Oro/Lhuna, though Holbytlass looks more suspicious to me now.

A) Saurreg
B) Holbytlass
C) Lhuna

Seer 1 is the original, Seer 2 the mytho, obviously. Now, if either of you has already dreamt of one of these, just dream of somebody else suspicious. I would be most inclined to use my list or LMP's list as we are both known innocents.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #119
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Le mort de Kath

Why was Kath killed? I believe I have an idea.

Quote:
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...8&postcount=30 - Kath is defensive of the position of the Hunter. I think it's her.
That is an excerpt from a message to LMP. I think this post implied she was the Hunter. The wolves then killed her, knowing the Hunter is hopeless on Day 1 and that another innocent would likely be killed by her. They just got lucky with her being the Ranger.

That's what I think, anyhow.

Edit: I note that others seem to be a lot less suspicious of Saurreg than me. Check this out.

Saurreg claims she thought Eomer was a Shirriff - and voted for him? Why? To get a Shirriff out of the way? Additionally, she said that LMP, Eomer and Kath - Three known innocents - seemed guilty.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-14-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 PM   #120
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I could go for TGWBS's list; I think Saurreg's death is as likely to give us information as Holbytlass's is, and they seem (to me) to be about equal probability for wolves.

I am interested to see what Saurreg is going to put in his summary/analysis post later on. I think it will be able to tell us something.