The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #241
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Glirdan, in a wolf-team of 4, you are expendable. Like it or not. Anguirel might have been the Seer and he might have nabbed you. But perhaps your wolves would have picked the person who voted for you first. I think Anguirel was not the first. That counts in your favour.

++KATH

Good night, lovelies!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #242
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Important

Just so we all know, night is set to fall somewhat early, so don't be caught out by not casting thy mighty vote!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #243
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Glirdan, in post #235 you say that Gurthang said we should be taking a closer look at me, but it was Form in #213. I add this to Eomer's question.(Samwise)
Simple: I wan't paying attention (not that that's someting new ). I just went back and yes, I realise now that it was Formendacil. I'll go correct that.

Quote:
So, why not?(Eomer)
So why not what?? Why not attack Ang? Because, I had enough suspicion is it was yesterDay and I was going to start off toDay in pretty rough shape as well: Garin being innocent and Ang's vote for me. Yes it's true that I didn't get it right at the start (and I must say that I'm quite surprised at that) but it was only a matter of time until it happened and would you look at that! Do you really think I'm that stupid??

Anyway, I must vote yet I'm unsure whom to vote for... I'll be back in a few minutes with it...
Old 03-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #244
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
TGWBS you and your wolf proclaiming annoy me. I happened to look the WWJ-thread and there Fea proclaimed she was a wolf and was found to be one. That example surely doesn't benefit you. Also, I'm wondering why are you putting all this "I'm a wolf" show up. I can see two possible reasons: 1. You are a wolf and want to look like too weird to be a wolf. 2. You want to create suspicion so that you won't get killed by the wolves. Either way, I don't like your tactics.

Quote:
Well, Lommy appears on the list because she’s such a genuinely nice girl.
A phrase that I would normally take as a compliment sounds like an accusation in a game of WW.

(All quotes by Cailín)
Quote:
Ho-hum. She spent the first day agreeing with others…
That's the only thing you can do if you want to participate and don't have any great new ideas. I wasn't merely agreeing, though, I was also making comments on ideas. (Not that that's much more, but...)
Quote:
She seems to consider all sides of the argument, which is a very Dutch and unproductive way to go about things.
What should I do then? Say a half of my thoughts and appear short-sighted and more importantly, desert my point.
Quote:
Then suddenly she follows Anguirel, voting Glirdan whom she did not suspect before.
I can't recall that I was voicing suspicions of anyone on Day 1. So, following that logic whoever I had voted would have brought that accusation against me. Lovely.
Quote:
Later on, she states she made a wrong decision.
Ummm... I probably did. As I said before I didn't have time to go through all older posts and had no idea who to vote so I just voted someone who seemed a bit suspicious and who had gathered some votes, so I wouldn't doom Garin, who I assumed was maybe innocent. Later, I got a chance to skim through Glirdan's posts and didn't find anything suspicious there, so I told my fellow villagers that I believed him probably innocent.
Quote:
Did she try to align herself with an innocent? Convenient that Ang died last night, then. This is odd though. And really very nice, too.
Care to explain a bit?
Quote:
Today she considers Lhuna’s case, and points our attention towards the silent ones. She further says nothing particularly interesting, except for a slight concern she might be trusting Spawn too much (and don’t we all?).
If you think that's uninteresting I think most of the people here (not all though) haven't said anything much more interesting.
Quote:
I’m a bit worried about you, Thin.
You should be. I might get to be a lynched innocent.

As to my suspicions... I'm again afraid of the silent ones. Valier's response makes me feel less suspicious about her. Still, I don't understand why is she using code language.

Naria is scarily silent. I may vote her.

Lhuna is a bit suspicious. I'm not going to repost all the arguments against her, but I do find her a bit strange.

Further suspicions need more reading.

And I seem to have xposted with a lot of people.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #245
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Firstly, I cross posted with Eomer and Samwise up there ( ).

Secondly, I'm going to cast my vote....

++Naria

As I said earlier, I'm very unnerved by quiet people and Naria definetly fits that category. Good luck everyone and may we find a Wolf.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #246
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I admit I have no idea about the wolves and I'm going to vote soon. I try to skim through my main suspects' posts to have an idea if they're wolvish or not, so I won't be maing the same error as yesterday.

I admit that Lhuna is very suspicious but I don't think this comment
Quote:
If I had voted for one, I would have been a bandwagoning wolf. Now that I chose not to vote for either, I'm a noncomittal werewolf.
is extremely wolvish. Really, I'd rather consider one of a villager's bored to being suspicious about only because a stupid vote she regrets (?).
Old 03-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #247
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Anyway, why do people keep picking up on this supposed 'master-plan' of mine? What are you talking about? I wanted to make it obvious that I was voting for LMP pretty much randomly. I wanted to see what kind of reaction it would get. I wanted to see if anyone would vote for me because of this random vote; and I wanted to see if anyone would bandwagon on LMP because of my random vote. Either way can look suspicious.
That's what I figured. Among a few other possibilties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
Did the wolves think this was a clue that he would have been a Seer? Maybe Anguirel wasn't killed because of the people he mentioned, but the way he talked.
Agreed. Some of his in-character ramblings from yesterday could look like Seer hints. And he was a very formidable, intelligent opponent. Both good reasons for the wolves to attack him.

So I've glanced through everything once in a desparate effort to almost catch up and am working on a more detailed read (up to page 5 ).

Among those of us remaining:

Probable innocent:
the guy who be short - yes, he's being very, very strange. But it's classic Nilpesque weirdness. When he's not being suicidal or declaring himself a wolf, he's actually made a number of good points, particularly with regard to the voting record from yesterday.
littlemanpoet - has not done anything particularly lupine. Voted for Eomer yesterday, a move I'd disagree with (see below), but one that's understandable.
Eomer - interesting plan yesterday. Seems genuinely analytic and not playing both sides the way a faux-helpful wolf would. I think.
spawn - similar reasoning to Eomer.
tar-a - same as above.
Formendacil - again. Ditto.

I'm off to take a good look at Farael, Kath and Glirdan.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #248
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm facing a choice between Lhuna and Naria. The first one has been acting suspiciously (though only one vote, no more, no less) and the second one hasn't said anything but nonsense. All the time I'm fearing we are after wrong people. As I'm fearing now about my own suspicions.

Naria has been speaking nonsense, rudely said. Her posts, if they have something to say, it's covered with humour. I don't find that very trustworthy. I do find her more suspicious than Lhuna. Lhuna at least has been speking sense at some points. I'll be watching her.

++Naria

EDIT: xposted with Celuien
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #249
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I only just realised when reading back that I completely forgot to analyse Gurthang. I apologise, Gurth, I did not mean to skip you.

As I am very tired and I cannot rely on waking early enough to vote before the deadline, since the Prophet stated it might be several hours early, I shall have to vote now...

I'm torn between voting Eonwe and Glirdan (I indicated before I seem to be starting a lynch-all-males campaign). Both of them scare me a little. But because Eonwe already has one, I suppose he shall get my vote tonight.

++EONWE

Here's to hoping we catch a wolf tonight. Sleep well, y'all.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #250
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dűm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
++Eomer

Here's why:

tgwbs said:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Total speculation. But I think that, out of the people who garnered votes yesterday, either none is a wolf, or more than one is.
That's just completely fabricated. There's no reasoning behind this.

Quote:
Think of the votes yesterday. Anguirel got some, so did Eomer and LMP and Glirdan and TGWBS plus.....? Don't know off the top of my head.
If he didn't know, why not check? It's hardly difficult.

Plus the whole LMP vote was just odd.

Overall, it really does look like he's just trying to sow confusion and chaos. (tgwbs #223)
Right on, tgwbs! And there's more:

Eomer made a big fuss about how Anguirel's accusation of him was a joke, early in the Day, and was no different from his accusation of Kath. But that's patently false! Here is Anguirel's accusation of Eomer; it's a comment on the Eomer/lmp interplay and vote exchange:

Quote:
You mortally insult me, churl. But I don't trust the harper who accuses ye one bit, so I shall continue to remain aloof, with the backing of my uncle the North Wind. (Ang #69)
Anguirel clearly sides with lmp (the "mortal insult" was lmp's reference to Ang's mental instability).

So he's obscuring Anguirel's suspicion of him; he spends a lot of time today asking why everyone is focusing on how bad Ang's death makes Kath look; he makes a solid case against Farael; then he goes and votes for Kath? I don't buy it.

Of course, it might all be part of another "master plan."
Old 03-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #251
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Just in case this helps anyone, here's a list of the votes so far:

1. Eonwe --> Valier (Valier 1)
2. dancing spawn --> Lhuna (Valier 1, Lhuna 1)
3. TGWBS --> Eomer (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1)
4. Lalaith --> Eonwe (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1, Eonwe 1)
5. Eomer --> Kath (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1, Eonwe 1, Kath 1)
6. Glirdan --> Naria (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1, Eonwe 1, Kath 1, Naria 1)
7. Thinlomien --> Naria (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1, Eonwe 1, Kath 1, Naria 2)
8. Cailin --> Eonwe (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 1, Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
9. tar-ancalime --> Eomer (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 2 Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)

Of course I don't mean this as a substitute for reading the posts; The votes are meaningless out of the context of the discussion. And please let me know if I messed up somewhere!

I'm going to re-read and try to get my bearings...

EDIT: Cross-posted with tar-ancalime; I added her vote
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #252
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sorry if I end up making a bunch of short posts, but since people are voting a lot now, I want to get out my thoughts as they occur, so that I can get feedback.

My first thought is that, yes, Eonwe's vote is annoying and unhelpful, but does it really seem like the tactic of a wolf? It seems more to me like someone who's bored with the game, which is more likely from an ordo. Any thoughts?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #253
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dűm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Some more non-vote-related thoughts based on today's postings:

"I don't eat sheep?" Well, neither do I but I don't feel the need to advertise it.

Quote:
I believe that TGWBS has said that we have nine people who voted for Garin? (Formen #203)
Nah; tgwbs said that nine people received votes yesterday. Only five people voted for Garin. They were Garin, Eonwe, Celuien, Glirdan, Samwise.

Quote:
Anyone else in favour of lynching another guy tonight? Rid the wolves of the male population and increase our chances of finding the Lover soon? Heheh. I bet the Ordo-Lover will vote for a female player tonight. So, starting with the girrrls: (Cailin #215)
This is tempting, but I think it's a little too early to do it on purpose unless we plan to continue methodically slaughtering the Y-chromosomes for a very long time--our village is very big, and it will take several Days of lynchings before we reach any kind of useful inequality. Also, if we do this, what's to stop the wolves from methodically killing off the females and destroying the numerical inequality? We should remember, too, that there's also guaranteed to be a female Lover--at this point we're still grasping at straws, and I think whomever we lynch is just as likely to be a Lover regardless of sex. But I'll file this idea away for later in the game.

Quote:
I'll say now that there are a few individuals that have been so concise and well reasoned, and suspecting the same people I suspect, that I consider them to be (for the rest of toDay) above suspicion. They are: Eomer, Spawn, & tar-ancalime. (lmp #221)
Good heavens! Yesterday Garin approved of me; today it's lmp; this is unprecedented! I don't know what to do with myself! Evidently witchcraft agrees with me.

Quote:
As for the talk of killing a male tonight I can see why this could help us weed out the lover wolf. How is this going to work if the other two wolves are female? (Valier #226)
We don't know this. The wolves could easily have been chosen randomly. All we know is that the Lovers are of opposite sexes.

Quote:
I repeat. Samwise, Form, Lmp. You're all intelligent men. Are you telling us that it never occurred to any of you, until Lmp thought of it just now, that the wolf lover wouldn't tell all to his ord lover? (Lalaith #236)
Three cheers for Lalaith!

Last edited by tar-ancalime; 03-17-2006 at 06:24 PM. Reason: adding the names of the Garin voters, which I had to go back and look up.
tar-ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #254
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Kath

Didn't say much yesterday.

Starts off today annoyed at being linked with a flip-flopping Farael and says she'll be back.

Linked to Farael by Eomer.

I'm not sure what to make of her. She hasn't really said enough to make me suspect or trust her. But the only case against her is made by the Anguirel accusation and Farael defense. I suppose she bears watching, but I'm uncomfortable voting for someone with such thready information.

I know I said I'd look at Glirdan and Farael next, but Eonwe just jumped out at me in the scroll review.

The vote for Valier today was truly bizzare, as was his edit comment to Gurthang (Gurthang, you are a luck hombre). I really don't like it, but I think that a wolf would need to be more careful than to call on randomness. Cara has a point when she says that we can't dismiss oddness too easily without giving wolves cover. Very strange, but my charge on strangeness yesterday didn't work out very well.

More later.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #255
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

++ Lhunardawen

Her not getting us out of a double lynch situation yesterday and then trying to pass it off as though she hadn't slept a wink thinking about it just strikes me as very wolfish. There's been much discussion about it throughout the day, and my view hasn't changed since I raised it. In my view Lhuna is the most wolfish individual at the moment.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #256
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Why does everyone have to talk so much! Now I have about 2 pages to catch up on!

Oh, Celuien I said I'd be lurking if anyone wanted to question me about anything, I was doing a private analysis at the time. No one asked anything so I went once I'd done.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #257
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm not ready to vote for Eonwe just yet. I'd say there are far more suspicious people.

I've been re-reading Eomer's posts. He looks kind of helpful, but much of what he says isn't backed up very well. (Hmm, the last time I said that about someone, it was Anguirel...) But Eomer isn't just speaking nonsense, he's actually trying to pass off claims that don't really make any sense. I can't tell if this is intentional deception, or if he's just overzealous and moving too quickly from thought to thought.

So, Eomer is a definite suspect in my mind.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #258
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Okay, I'm going by who has received the most votes so far, as those people seem to require our most urgent analysis. So, Lhuna:

Her cop-out on the double-lynching yesterDay is definitely weird. But I have to sympathize with her; If I were in the same situation, I would probably go for who I really thought was most suspicious, as it seems she did. As someone pointed out, she also knew that at least one other person was around and might take care of the situation. I'm certainly not letting her off the suspect list yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
If I had voted for one, I would have been a bandwagoning wolf. Now that I chose not to vote for either, I'm a noncomittal werewolf.
I don't get why people made such a big deal about this quote. It seems like the sort of thing anyone might say out of frustration, and it certainly isn't a "confession," as some have claimed.

So, I'm not really sure what to think about Lhuna. I tend to suspect Eomer more than her.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #259
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, let's see the voting so far (thanks whoever made this!)

9. tar-ancalime --> Eomer (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 2 Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
10. Samwise --> Lhuna (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2 Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)

Wow, that's a quadruple tie situation! And if 10 have voted that leaves, erm, 10 left? Excuse my maths Oh well if that's right then there's plenty of time. However, I have to go soon and I would prefer not to leave it like this. Now I have skimmed the whole thread but only read properly up to post 205 so if there are discrepancies in what I say then that is why.

Eonwe and Naria have been extremely quiet, and what they have said has been both unhelpful and unreasoned. E.g. Eonwe's vote, which was purely random. Now that's acceptable on Day 1 but after all those posts toDay? He should have been able to form some suspicions.

Glirdan seemed to come under some fire due to his change in posting style, but everyone changes how they play every now and then and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yes, Valier, I wondered if you could explain this so I understand it:
Quote:
ok so I noticed that Thin you voted for Glirdan as well as I did because he's acting strange? Care to elaborate? As well Ang voted for him to save Garin. Thin your vote is suddenly looking strange...... You could be looking at me as suspisious to hide your own Fur..... Funny you suspect me AND Ang got killed last night....hhhhmmmmmmmm
Until I get that I have some suspicion over you for being plain confusing!

Eomer - well, the guy seems to want me dead which gives me a tendency to suspect him! But no, aside from that, while some posts are useful and logical and well thought out, some seem just . . . not. Someone said he was overly fierce but I don't see that, he just isn't consistently well reasoned. Still, that's hardly a crime so the benefit of the doubt will extend to him for toDay.

Farael - ah Farael. Apparently my partner in crime! Though he now suspects me himself. Apart from that flip flop I can see nothing in his posts to indicate anything wolvish.

Lhuna - now I can see the points against her. The refusal to stop a double lynch does look bad, and I'm hesitant to give her the benefit of the doubt over it. The constant apologies are a little grating it's true. I don't know though, while it looks suspicious I think it looks almost too suspicious. You'd think a wolf would realise what it looked like and concoct something to get themselves out of it. So, for toDay, I think I will consider Lhuna a misguided innocent.

Whilst writing this I was thinking about the Lovers. People have been suggesting that Nilp chose certain people to be them for amusement or some other reason and I think that's worth looking at. Unfortunately that leads me straight to spawn, who I wish to think of as entirely innocent for now, or it will throw the whole feel of this village out of whack for me! So I vaguely assumed for a moment that there was no female Lover (don't ask ) and concentrated on the male one. Now I come again to Eomer, doesn't that seem like a perfect partnership to you? But I've just said I consider him mostly innocent! My brain really hurts toDay.

So, as I don't want to leave this as a quadruple lynch

++EONWE

Because of that vote that had absolutely no reasoning and so really is unacceptable for Day 2. Also, there is a tendency to concentrate on the loud members of a village because of course there is more from them to analyse, but this does allow the quiet ones to slip under the radar quite often. I think it is a good idea to force some of these to talk.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #260
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I'm back.

Just please give me some time to re-read the scroll. It's long, but hey! I'm quite used to it. Timezones, y'know.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #261
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Reviewed Glirdan and Farael. Neither really looks suspicious to me. Glirdan has shifted somewhat in style, but there's nothing to say that an innocent villager can't change strategy. Farael's a little flip-floppy, but otherwise acting pretty normally for ordo status. So I can't really suspect him right now either.

Which leads me to believe that the wolves are either in the quiet group or doing an excellent job of masquerading as innocent.

Updating the vote count:

9. tar-ancalime --> Eomer (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 2, Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
10. Samwise --> Lhuna (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
11. Kath --> Eonwe (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 3, Kath 1, Naria 2)

So Eonwe now leads. I'm not sure what to do. If I add a new candidate, it's probably a throw away vote. And quite truthfully, there's no one that I really suspect right now.

I can stay fairly late, so I'll probably continue to lurk as close to the deadline as possible, deliberating and trying to prevent double lynch mischief.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #262
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I'm not sure what to do. If I add a new candidate, it's probably a throw away vote. And quite truthfully, there's no one that I really suspect right now.
That pretty much sums up my feelings right now. Well, not quite. I do suspect people, in fact, a lot of people. But I think we all suspect just about everyone... it's a matter of who one suspects most.

Well, I'm still suspicious of Eomer (and to a lesser extent, Lhuna). But I keep coming back to TGWBS, even though most of the villagers seem to have accepted his innocence. Of course I know that his behavior has been in character; in fact, it's been terrifically so. Which would be a perfect cover for a werewolf. Yesterday he was almost lynched; today he has faded from suspicion entirely.

I, too, can stay relatively late, so I'll hang around and see if I (or anyone else) come up with anything else.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #263
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm beginning to worry that my suspicions of Eomer and TGWBS are just because I think they'd be the most frightening werewolves.

Ugh, I'll go back and re-read some more...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #264
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

I think I made a mistake in my post about Lhuna:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
As someone pointed out, she also knew that at least one other person was around and might take care of the situation.
The person I was thinking of actually wrote that Formendacil knew others were around and could break the tie. I can't remember if someone said the same about Lhuna; my mistake. But I still don't suspect her all that strongly.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #265
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-a
I have read those posts. I take issue with your including yourself in that group; that's why I italicized "we."
The operative word in that statement is wanted. Because surely dancing spawn didn't exactly vote to save Garin, did she, because Samwise had already taken care of it?

Quote:
Lhuna, I don't think our votes can be ragarded as helpful when talking about saving Garin.
I'm not quite sure I see what you mean. But surely our votes then are substantial, now that Garin is a proven innocent - right?

It's funny how people *coughcoughspawnGlirdancoughcough* jumped on my "I'm either a bandwagoning wolf or a noncommittal werewolf" statement. Seriously, is this how paranoid you guys have become?

Quote:
Is this a confession - that you're a wolf whatever you do, eh? You know, as far as I know there hasn't been much suspicion of Samwise who 'climbed a Garin bandwagon'. That's because he saved us from a possible death of two innocents.
That's odd. Normally people are suspected when they jump on bandwagons. Samwise jumped on one and now he's getting away with it. Funny how this game evolves.

Quote:
I could buy it that you're stubborn enough to vote the one you want to even if there's a tie, but that doesn't match with your new, more apologetic behaviour.
How doesn't it? I was stubborn in the way you said it, and the apology was needed because my vote almost ensured an innocent's (from my point of view then, at least) lynching.

If it's the apology that's bothering all of you, fine then. I'm deleting the word "sorry" from my Ened-in-Nowhere vocabulary from now on.

I think I've pretty much explained myself already, and I've wasted too much time on that. I guess it's time for me to reveal my own suspect list. I still have to arrange my thoughts, anyway, so stay tuned. For now, please allow me to point out that two loudmouths are dead, and both are more or less particularly experienced players. What does this tell us?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #266
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
Well, I'm still suspicious of Eomer (and to a lesser extent, Lhuna). But I keep coming back to TGWBS, even though most of the villagers seem to have accepted his innocence. Of course I know that his behavior has been in character; in fact, it's been terrifically so. Which would be a perfect cover for a werewolf. Yesterday he was almost lynched; today he has faded from suspicion entirely.
I know. But I remember a tale of the Great Prophet's predecessors, all of whom invariably used the same method that TGWBS has now adopted in honor of our late, great leader. Those predecessors tended to be innocent, if insane.

It's true everyone could be a wolf. It's also true that no one really looks like a wolf to me now. Which naturally means that we're all wolves since we all look alike and some of the village is lupine.

Paranoia is setting in. I'd better make myself a nice cup of tea and sit down with my handy dandy Guide to Psychoanalysis.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #267
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseGamgee
I must disagree, Eomer. If the non lupine lover knows the names of the wolves they could pose as a seer and lead us all on a merry dance, could they not? Or am I just being silly?
Could, but it wouldn't be too smart. Ordo-lover becomes instant wolf-bait, leading to the death of both lovers.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #268
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

This is a first...triple posting!

I wonder. Samwise is starting to look odd with all the questions about the lovers. Almost as if asking for advice?

Then the business about being mad at lmp for mentioning the obvious that the wolf/lover could have told the ordo/sweetie about the identities of the other wolves. Annoyed at giving away a strategy being used by the lovers?

Rambling on here...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #269
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Lhuna the Dark Elf's "Hmm..." List:

Disclaimer: You may disagree with some points or think that the list is insufficient, but these jump out at the author the most.

1. Eonwe.

His voting yesterDay was disturbing - he seemed all too eager to start a bandwagon for an innocent. And it wasn't even adequately explained.

ToDay's vote was even worse. He also sort of promised to be back, but he only did so to vote.

It's so, so wolvish that one is inclined to think that he's just an apathetic villager. Well, I'm sure we all know how bold wolves can be. And if ever he's not, I think we're better off without him if all he'll be doing is vote randomly every single time. Most possible recipient of my vote for toDay.

2. dancing spawn (Oh look, she's retaliating! She must be a guilty wolf!)

I just find it interesting that now you have voted for me because I did nothing about the double-lynch, when just yesterDay you agreed with me like this:

Quote:
Quote:
What a dilemma!

I feel that both Garin and Glirdan are innocent, just completely misled. I feel the sincerity in their posts, and I know that all the jumpiness is only normal.
Lhuna, you speak sense. I agree with your last post there, and I don't know whom to vote...
Then you voted for Eonwe. That part makes sense, but what gets to me is that it seemed like you waited for someone else to break the tie as well, not wanting to have anything to do with it. Which is how I felt yesterDay. Doesn't it speak against you that you vote for a person for something you yourself seemed to have done?

But you've been very helpful (albeit a bit misguided, if I must say) so far, as you always have, and you would be a grievous loss to the village if innocent. Unfortunately, the opposite goes if you're a wolf.

3. Naria

Just because she's too quiet for my taste. History tells us of a quiet villager named malkatoj who escaped scrutiny for a long time due to an RL-induced quietness, and she turned out to be lupine.

4. Glirdan.

He's jumpy, but as I said yesterDay, that's normal.

What's not is this:
Quote:
Quote:
It does look bad for Lhuna, I'll grant, but I wonder if we ought to maybe be taking a closer peek at Samwise?(Gurth)
A Lover trying to shift suspicion of he partner?? Hmm... I'm getting suspicious of Gurthang and Lhuna now.
It wasn't Gurthang who said this, but my big bro Formendacil.

This may seem petty, but in situations like these even negligible mistakes can be used to subtly sway the village.

That's all I have for now. And here's to hoping that I haven't forgotten the Molecular Orbital Theory or Arrhenius acids and bases in the process, for the sake of my Chemistry grades.

So, without further ado:

++EONWE
Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #270
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You have been triple posting partly because I've been busy analyzing and preparing one post. Here goes.

One of the best werewolf strategies is to say as much that is true as you can, so that the few lies you must tell slip by. However, some basically honest people can't help themselves, and when they play werewolf, they confess more than they mean to. Cases in point (in my estimation):

#139:
Quote:
I was afraid that Anguirel might have been an extremely bold Seer; thank the Mod God he isn't.
Remove the flowery adjectives from this and you have: "I was afraid that Anguirel might have been Seer" .... and now Ang is dead. This does not look good for Lhuna.

#140:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
If an innocent ord spots what he thinks is suspicious pairwork, is it a good idea to bring this up publicly? Might this not alert the wolves to the identity of the Seer pair?"
- asking questions to poll the village, although the second is rhetorical. Seeing that Lal is so intelligent compared to a certain trio of males, why ask? You should know. These questions seem like they help the werewolves more than the villagers.

#140:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Also, I am bearing in mind that wolves can now PM each other during the day as well as the night. I think a discussion on how this could change wolf tactics might be useful, what do the rest of you think?
There she goes again, polling the village. Wolvish.

#147:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
I personally don't think any accusations about pairwork, however well-founded, should be made while both Seers remain alive.
Then why have brought it up yourself 7 posts prior?

#154:
Quote:
we wanted to save Garin
- we who? It doesn't make sense no matter which way you cut it, as tar said.

#172:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Lhuna has been under a bit of suspicion because of her 'noble' vote. I usually suspect wolves to vote early on Day 1 to avoid getting caught up in tallying scores and giving innocents the final blow. I'm not really sure how I feel about Lhuna, and she seems different somehow. However, she was recently a first Day lynchee, if we're going to bring up other legendary werewolf stories anyway, which might explain her being a bit more careful.
After all the werewolf games she's played, suddenly she's careful. I can think of only two reasons for it: she's either a werewolf or a seer.

#203:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
Personally, I'm hesitant to accuse anyone based on the time of their vote. Lhuna, for example, has been suspected of wolvery in every game she's played (albeit incorrectly each time), but because of the timezones, she's typically an early voter. In this game, because of advantageous timezones, she's naturally going to be voting near the end.
Let me remind you all of what I shall call the SaucySyndrome. If it looks like an egg and feels like an egg and smells like an egg and tastes like an egg, it's probably an egg.

#215:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Anyone else in favour of lynching another guy tonight? Rid the wolves of the male population and increase our chances of finding the Lover soon?
But what if you're a werewolf, Cailin? And what if your fellow werewolves are all female? Just a what-if. Did you not see the wisdom in going after the werewolves in order to get rid of the Lovers? Or are you trying to distract the villagers' attention from this most sensible villager strategy? And if so, why?

Cailin keeps defending Lhuna. Either she is guileless or desperately trying to keep her fellow werewolf from the gallows. Somehow guileless and Cailin don't seem to fit well in the same sentence.

#216:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
The interesting thought occured to me that the three main candidates up for lynching last night were male: Garin, Glirdan, & TGWBS. Is it possible, that in the flurry of tying/tie-breaking votes there at the end that one of our female players was trying to save- or did save- her lover?
- worth keeping in mind. Not sure what to do with it otherwise.

Eonwe is pulling a Gil-galad. Plain as that. A possible vote getter from me.

I agree with Eomer that Gurthang does not seem suspicious. I'm not too sure about his suspicions of Farael & Kath.

It looks to me as if three villagers have been sort of looking out for each other: Lhuna-Cai-Lal - defending each other, excusing each other, coming up with reasons why the other probably isn't a werewolf. I am suspicious of all three, mostly of Lhuna, secondly of Cai, and the least of Lal, but still all three. Possible vote getters from me, any of the three.

Addendum: Celuien makes a good point about Samwise polling the village.

So my suspect list, from which I will pick my vote, has five names: Lhuna, Cai, Lal, Eonwe, & Samwise.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #271
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Alas, sleep draws on my weary eyelids. I'm afraid I must vote.

++SAMWISE

who currently seems more suspicious to me than the others who have received votes so far. His village polling seems stranger and stranger the more I think about it.

For the record, my second choice would be Eonwe, although I think he's a bit too obviously fishy to be a wolf. However, if he continues odd tomorrow, I may vote for him.

And lmp makes an interesting point about Lalaith. Definitely bears watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
You have been triple posting partly because I've been busy analyzing and preparing one post. Here goes.
I suppose I should try to think everything through more before clicking 'submit.' My brain is so disorganized just now. Must be the birthday cake.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #272
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Seeing as Lhuna has rather indicted herself throughout the day, as well as not rescuing yesterDay's double lynch, I am inclined to consider Eonwe innocent, since she's bandwagoning. Her yesterDay vote for Lal is a different story, a safe, possibly wolf on wolf vote (which may have happened more than once yesterDay in a seemingly rather vain effort to create a sense of separation between themselves.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #273
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, I'm scratching Eonwe and Samwise from my list of possible vote getters; Eonwe because Lhuna voted for him; I don't think he's a werewolf, and if Lhuna's the werewolf I think she is, she wouldln't vote for a lover Eonwe. Samwise is off my list because he voted for my primary suspect, Lhuna.

Now, Lhuna does make an interesting point in regard to Spawn agreeing with her yesterDay and accusing her for the same thing toDay. I will take a look at that and see what I make of it before I vote.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:08 PM   #274
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
What a dilemma!

I feel that both Garin and Glirdan are innocent, just completely misled. I feel the sincerity in their posts, and I know that all the jumpiness is only normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn
Lhuna, you speak sense. I agree with your last post there, and I don't know whom to vote...

As the tie has now been taken care of, I'll vote

++Eonwe

because his reasons were just a bit too weird.
Lhuna is making a spurious, defensive argument because Spawn gave her reason: the tie had been resolved already. Too bad, Lhunawolf.

++ Lhunardawen

Villagers who have yet to vote, please join me in getting rid of this self-indicting werewolf.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #275
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Here's the vote record so far:

9. tar-ancalime --> Eomer (Valier 1, Lhuna 1, Eomer 2, Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
10. Samwise --> Lhuna (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 2, Kath 1, Naria 2)
11. Kath --> Eonwe (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 3, Kath 1, Naria 2)
12. Lhuna --> Eonwe (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 4, Kath 1, Naria 2)
13. Celuien --> Samwise (Valier 1, Lhuna 2, Eomer 2, Eonwe 4, Kath 1, Naria 2, Samwise 1)
14. LMP --> Lhuna (Valier 1, Lhuna 3, Eomer 2, Eonwe 4, Kath 1, Naria 2, Samwise 1)

EDIT: Forgot to put Samwise in the last one.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #276
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well since I am unsure when this day ends I shall vote soon.

Ok well for the most annoying vote ever I must vote

++Eonwe

For I think even if he is an Ordo, we don't need one that votes by looking at who voted below them or tenth place or whatever, then casting a useless,safe vote.

Last edited by Valier; 03-17-2006 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Bolding THANKS LMP!
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #277
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Valier, your vote may not count if it is not properly bolded.

Five voters to go. Gurthang, Naria, Farael, Caranlondien, Formendacil.

All hope is not yet lost for toDay.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #278
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I was wondering if anyone out there left to vote is considering a double lynch? Could be a wolf in the waiting.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #279
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lhuna or Eonwe? Man, this is a tough decision. I'm tempted to vote for Eonwe just because, as Valier said, he's not being helpful at all. Lhuna has offered a defense of herself, which is more than one can say for Eonwe. On the other hand, if Eonwe were a wolf, wouldn't he offer at least some sort of defense? I have to decide soon... what time is the Day ending?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #280
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
Naria is scarily silent
I want you to answer my question this time, please Thinlo. WHY AM I SO SCARY?? I remember asking the very same in a past village we were in and didn't get a response.

Quote:
3. Naria

Just because she's too quiet for my taste. History tells us of a quiet villager named malkatoj who escaped scrutiny for a long time due to an RL-induced quietness, and she turned out to be lupine
Quote:
Naria has been speaking nonsense, rudely said. Her posts, if they have something to say, it's covered with humour. I don't find that very trustworthy. I do find her more suspicious than Lhuna
I have said this before and will say it again. I'm not a chatter box like some of you and will not flood post with a whole lot of garbled bunk to confuse others. I come on and say what I have to say when it is needed or I feel the need to do so. On this particular day, however, I happen to be very sick! I came on earlier and made an appearance and went back to bed. I'm not asking you people to believe me(why would you in a game like this) but it obviously needed to be addressed.

Thinlo, I hope you realize now why my posts have been "nonsense" posts. However, I don't know where you got the 'rudely' part from. If my 'rudely' and 'nonsensical' posts make me more suspicious in your eyes than Lhuna, then I don't know what to do about that for ya.

That being said, I will go back to bed now--after I jump on this bandwagon!!

++Eonwe

And you thought I had nonsense posts....
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote