The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #121
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I can't stay awake any longer, and I won't be up before DL, so I'll have to vote now.

For reasons previously given, plus the way he's been extra calm since I called him panicky. I know, that sounds terrible, but just look: I feel like he's tiptoeing around me, and I don't recall innocent!Inzil being one to tiptoe.

++Inziladun
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #122
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, I'm really tired and I just want to sleep. It looks like we have four different people with votes. That can't be true, can it?

Doing a quick read through, voting, and then going to bed. Back soon.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #123
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Man, I didn't miss a whole lot of discussion toDay, and what is here I can't decipher much from at all.

Voting is as follows -
wilwa: LG
Inzil: Nerwen
Mac: LG (2)
Shasta: Mac
Rikae: Inzil

Left to vote are sally, myself, LG, and Nerwen.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #124
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oddly specific....

Mac is not allowed to be lynched because he coined the term Aganseer and I know how much Agan will love that. Also I don't find him on the top of my suspicion list (which is most of what I'm going to focus on at the moment because again, very sleepy).


I know this is a stretch, and I may regret bringing it up in the morning, but I want to call attention to this from Wilwa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddle Muffin
Slight chance I'll be up early enough to come back, but more than likely I won't be on until Day 3, when I seriously hope to have the time to do more.
Specifying that she won't be back until the next Day seems....well, how would she know she'd be around on the next Day? More importantly, why specify that she'll be back on Day 3, rather than saying she'll be gone for a couple of days? Could she be alerting her pack to an absence this coming Night? She does note that she hopes to have the time to do more, which could be taken as either a desire to participate in discussion or a desire to communicate with her pack. Perhaps just straws, but it's a distinct ping for me at this point. I believe Wilwa would be bold enough to make such a comment, being unable to communicate with her pack any other way at this point, and the specificity of her wording seems tricksy to me.


Mac is also not allowed to be lynched because he said Legate band-tricycle. You are on point today, my friend!


Meanwhile, my Nerwen radar is saying....nothing, which is distinctly unsettling. In my experience, my Nerwen radar always gives off the exact opposite impression, which is to say that I suspect her when she's innocent (especially when she's gifted) and ignore her when she's evil. I'd forgotten she was playing until I came across one of her posts, and I'll also note that she's not done nearly as much saccharine banter with Shasta as I would expect (though perhaps that's due to his own lack of participation?). I don't feel comfortable voting her toDay based solely on this, but it's something I must keep an eye on.


Dun's reaction to toDay's attention makes me wonder what he might be. I feel an innocent Dun would laugh and shrug it off (though the commentary to the wolves at the start of the Day was amusing and seemed typical of him), but he's gone through a range of reactions as the Day has gone on, from panic to straight face to the following comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dun Dun Dun
Hmm. There's still a distinct lack of activity from some, which is problematic.
Given Wilwa's quoted comment above (which comes not long before Dun's above post) I almost feel like this is some sort of sign of recognition, perhaps even disapproval, toward a semi-absent packmate. I know I'm connecting two "if then" dots, but between Dun's actions toDay and Wilwa's possibly pointed comment, I don't feel like the dots are too far apart.


Currently that makes my top options Wilwa and Dun. I feel Dun is the popular choice toDay, but I'll give it a quick think as I ready for bed and make my decision upon my return.



x'd with the McCobbler (I've missed you, by the way!)
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #125
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Dun to be done

I find his comments and shifting attitudes toDay too bizarre to ignore. Besides, I'm extra paranoid about him from our last game.

I'm out for the night. Sleep well, my loves.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #126
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Legate

I am also giving other’s responses to, and opinions of, our late Ranger, leaving out Agan. Posts may not be cited in full.

Legate #24
Banter. Says that if he had to guess on the basis of "tone and gut-feeling”, his pick would be McCaber as "the only ones giving any awkward vibes on first read” and “okay, maybe possibly Mac.” Stresses that these are just first impressions. Edits this post to note that it crossed with Zil #23 (a seemingly non-serious accusation of Mac and McCaber), saying, "Notwithstanding joking, to name the same two people is somewhat... unsettling.”
Comments: As we will see, this post is largely what got him lynched.

Zil #26 (replying to Legate #24)
"It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. Or, more likely, a coincidence based on the fact that so few have posted toDay.’

Legate #27 (replying to Zil #25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I didn't even think about it as wolf-on-wolf, but McCab especially (and Mac a bit) was basically really the only person sounding to me somehow fake, or how to say it. But that's really the only thing. But noticing such interactions is good, if for future reference, or whatever, we shall see...
Rikae #28
Askes why Cab is suspicious, or whether it’s just banter. (This post x’d with the previous.)

Zil #31
Says Legate "doesn't have any furry vibe at the moment”.

Rikae #35
Says Legate “sounds legit”.

Tally
Inzil —> Mac


Mac #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Only Legate and Rikae are really trying to be helpful, which is nice, and even though it doesn't actually tell us anything about their alignment, I'd be willing to reward it by not voting for them.
Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)


McCaber #49 (Vote-post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
I'm not sure I agree with lynching the silent ones Day 1. In my experience, the people with something to play for are the ones who tend to show up early, while the lurkers tend to be ordinary innocents.

So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.

++ Legate of Amon Lanc
Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)
McCaber —> Legate


Greenie #50
Comments on Legate's edit to #24:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
This looks - a bit panicky? Or not panicky, but he does seem to overreact a little. Possibly just innocent Legate phrasing oddly, but I also see a possibility of wolf-Legate getting worried that his harmless suspicion would lead to actual consequences. Maybe wolf-on-wolf he had thought risk-free this early and then freaked out when somebody else even jokingly suspected the same, or else just plain old not wanting to be associated with what might turn out to be a bandwagon against an innocent. Even if it was wolf-on-wolf, though, I find it unlikely that both Cab and Mac are wolves, that would be too bold for Legate, but if it's only one of them, why was Legate so concerned about Inzil suspecting "the same two people"? Gah. Too much speculation! I think there's something off in here, I'm just not sure what.
Comments: that last is something I’ve seen (and used) before as a wolf-tactic– drawing attention to a tussle between multiple players as “suspicious” in a noncommittal, non-specific way, thus leaving one’s options open. That said, “something off in here, not sure what” was pretty much my own reaction to the whole thing at that.

Legate #52
Sally's reasoning for her vote “seems innocentish”; is “uncertain” about Rikae's, as the grounds she gave seem thin. Comments on McCaber #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
This has more or less the same vibe I got earlier from McCab, which could be this sort of wishy-washy "I am pointing at someone, but never mind me, I didn't actually say anything". Of course it has reasons behind it, but . The question is also whether voting for me after that is a sign of independant mind or further dodge: a Wolf mentions person X as suspicious and then votes person Y, because he doesn't want to be associated with the lynching of person X. Cab is still in my orange zone, essentially.
On Mac #36
Quote:
I hope this is not the classical case of a Wolf "buddying up" or talking nicely to other people in order to get on their good side. Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue. Also, I have hard time remembering whether Mac has always been so cheerful as he seems from all his posts, or whether it is a result of his merry Nightly frolicking.
(This post x’d with Greenie's entrance.)

Greenie #55
Replaying to Legate #52:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I don't really know what "vibe" you talk about, that quote gave me no vibes whatsoever. Interesting point about Cab's vote, though, even if I don't really think it was a wolfish vote. I mean, look at the reason he gives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab
So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.
I don't really see Cabwolf openly declaring he votes for someone solely because they suspected him - not even on a Day 1 with little to go on. If he was a wolf, I'm sure he could have invented another reason for voting Legate. Gut-feeling or something.
Legate #56
Replies to Greenie; makes list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
True; well, he says "unnecessarily and prematurely", which is a sort of accusation (in fact, a kind of veiled one again, could be again more or less in the same style as his earlier posts). But yes, you have a point.

Anyway, as for some general evaluation, from my part at this time:

On the innocentish side:

sally
Zil

Leaning no particular way:

Nerwen
Greenie

Yellow zone:
Rikae - but simply because I would like to hear about the vote, otherwise nothing bad
Mac?

Orange zone:
McCaber

Absent:
Shasta
Wilwa
Aganzir (technically, hasn't posted yet)

So my strongest pick would in most ways be McCaber, even though I would definitely like to see more from him, too, but guess we can't have everything. Taking into account also Greenie's point; the question is however whether a Cabwolf would simply not invent a case for voting me because he simply wants to make it a throwaway vote, after messing around with other people earlier, and simply wishing to stay out of sight or whatever. Still around and pondering, though.
Greenie #58
Suspicion-list. On Legate
"His jumpy reaction to Inzil "suspecting" the same people was a bit fishy, and I think he's grasping at straws with his suspicion of Cab. It's also interesting that while he was all the time more after Cab than Mac, he dropped Mac altogether after Inzil voted for him. Eyebrow-raising.”

(The next few posts are all from Agan, and have been treated separately by me in an earlier post.)

Greenie #62 (Vote-post)
Replying to Agan #59 (where she disputes Legate's edit to #24 being “panicky”):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I see what you mean. But I also think the way he phrased his surprise (notwithstanding joking, to name the same two people is somewhat... unsettling) seemed like he was more disturbed than surprised. Like I said, I might be reading things into an innocent Legate phrasing things oddly, but it's the best lead I have at the moment.

That said -

++ Legate
(This is followed by Agan's vote on Legate.)

Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)
McCaber —> Legate
Greenie —> Legate
Agan —> Legate


Legate #67
Replying to Greenie’s vote-post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Very interesting, LG. I'm really wondering about your reasoning there, because didn't you effectively disqualify that being disturbing yourself? As in, okay, let's say that what I said is odd, but what does it effectively mean? What would I accomplish by saying it if I were a baddie? More so if it seemed like I was disturbed? In your train of thoughts, the only thing that could point it to would be that one of the guys in question (or both) would be fellow Wolves and I am panicking - so why would I bring more attention to it all? Very, very odd reasoning you have, indeed.
Legate #71 (Vote-post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And what the??? And can I even save myself anymore???

Well, of course I have to

++Zil

But seriously?????
Legate #72.
Realises he can’t save himself; is generally furious.

Legate #73.
Quote:
I can assure you, it WON'T look hilarious to the village.

First person to get the votes is lynched, ergo me.

For that matter, I believe Agan innocent and I don't know about Greenie now. (50/50 I'd say. And it isn't just because of the vote.)
Final posts are dialogue with Agan (known ordo) and a a final “don’t do this again” admonishment to the village.

Comments; So yes, that was weird, even for a Day One lynch. The reasons given for voting him were
1. Retaliation for being suspected at #24. (McCaber.)
2. “Panicky” edit to #24. (Greenie.)
3. Saving Zil (Agan.)

Of the three, Agan is dead and a known innocent and McCaber posted very little. Greenie, though, is noteworthy for the way she keeps coming back to #24, and apparently somehow finding it more suspicious with each iteration. An obvious inference would be that Greenie is packmates with Mac or McCaber (whom she defends, especially the latter) or else with Zil (who was actually in danger). That, however, would make the Night-kill of Aganzir, the other Legate-voter, an odd choice.


Note: I started this some hours ago and had to go out just before finishing, so though I am aware of later posts I haven’t read them properly and they are not taken into account here.

EDIT: typo.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-13-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #127
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
x'd with the McCobbler (I've missed you, by the way!)
I know, it's been a while. Good to finally be back.

Although your point on wilwa here really seems like a stretch to me. Especially when trying to connect it to Inzil like you've done. Not really a fan.

Speaking of, I don't really agree with the recent Inzil train. He looks more like an ordo to me, albeit a weirdly-acting one. And LG has done nothing to make me suspicious of her that I can see.

Of the people who have votes already, I most suspect Mac. I really don't like his post here, because it looks like trying to sow discontent with nothing much to go on.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 AM   #128
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Tally

Wilwa —> Greenie
Inzil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie
Shasta —> Mac
Rikae —> Inzil
Sally —> Inzil


Which means that Greenie is leading, based on this game’s tiebreaker rule.

EDIT: x’d with McCaber
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #129
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Now Zil… I really don’t think I want to vote him toDay, since though there are other possibilities, which I have covered, the Night-kill does seem like a distinct point in his favour.

This is a pity, as frankly he hasn’t been acting all that innocently toDay!

Then we have Mac and Greenie, both of whom have had, essentially, the same interesting reaction to the Night-kill:

#100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Why Aganzir? Her mistake-vote made her look very innocent, I think. Wolves don't panic like that when voting one innocent over the other. Maybe some people were going to suspect her, but I doubt it. There was no way she was going to be the seer either, though I keep reading about that. If Aganseer had dreamt of Legate, her mess-up would have been incredible, and if she dreamt of an ordo-Inzil, she would have been more subtle about saving him. For a seer, it's better to have a known-to-you innocent die than to risk your own life by sticking out like that.
I don't see how her death makes Inzil look neither better nor worse, to be honest.
#106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Well, if the wolves thought Agan was the Seer and had dreamed Inzil, they either consider her completely dishonourable or didn't read the thread very carefully. Agan only found out the game had started two hours before deadline yesterDay, so unless she lied about that, there's no way she could have dreamed anybody. Mind you, they might still have thought she was the Seer on some other grounds, but as to what those might be, I've no idea. Or else they just figured that her voting mistake would make her look very innocent and decided to be rid of her for that reason? Then again, targeting anyone but a potential Seer doesn't really make sense at this stage so I don't know.
”Hey! Do you villagers think we’re stupid? That’s not why we killed her at all!"

I mean: maybe. Obviously, not everyone is going to interpret things the same way. But I have seen wolves give a similar, “Huh? What are you talking about?” response to Night-kill theories.

Still, they’re both doing it, and meanwhile Mac has voted Greenie in what would be a rather unnecessarily risky bit of wolf-on-wolfing at this stage.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #130
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Although your point on wilwa here really seems like a stretch to me.
I admit it may be far-fetched, but it caught my eye as I was reading the thread and I'd rather make issue of it now and feel silly in the morning than forget about it and have it go unnoticed. That said, I know Wilwa can be that tricksy, but I also know how sleepy I am, which is why I didn't want to act on it without giving it further thought and voted for Dun instead; despite what Agan's death may say of him, he's still acting too suspicious for my tastes.


Why the frell am I still up? I'm not, that's the answer to that. Good night, kiddos.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:12 AM   #131
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I must to bed. So without further ado

++ Macalaure
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #132
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
If I'm right, the tally looks something like this:

wilwa – Greenie
Inzil – Nerwen
Mac – Greenie (2)
Shasta – Mac
Rikae – Inzil
Sally – Inzil (2)
Cab – Mac (2)

So - three-way tie with two people left to vote, and the first to gain the final number of votes dies, right? Which basically means that the one out of Nerwen and myself who votes first decides the lynch. Which makes it pretty straightforward, really - I know I'm not a wolf, and so even though I'd like to think this over a little longer, read through the posts of both gentlemen and then decide, I don't want to risk the village certainly losing an innocent as opposed to losing someone who at least could be a wolf. So, out of those two, I'm going to go with

++ Macalaure
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:49 AM   #133
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay… I think this makes my vote non-effective, whatever I do.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:49 AM   #134
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
So why Mac and not Inzil? Process of elimination, basically. I don't find Inzil particularly suspicious; stuff like yesterDay's suspecting Cab but voting for Mac to get a reaction doesn't strike me as something an Inzilwolf would necessarily do. While Mac might not have been top of my list either, he's at least been sketchier than Inzil. I still think he'd be more involved as a wolf; but his reaction to when I pointed this out was odd, and I'm not quite comfortable with his way of being "fluffy and agreeable" (his own words).


EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:05 AM   #135
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Tally

Wilwa —> Greenie
Inzil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie (2)
Shasta —> Mac
Rikae —> Inzil
Sally —> Inzil (2)
McCaber —> Mac (2)
Greenie —> Mac (3)


So everyone else has voted, and Mac dies under the tie-breaker rule.

So, hoping for the best:
++Macalaure

For the record, I think Greenie looks rather worse, but there are points against Mac, and he was someone I was at least considering.

Unfortunately, I don’t think learning his role will tell us that much about Greenie’s. I mean, if he’s a wolf it’s not *likely* she’s his fellow, but hardly something we could count on either. A pity.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #136
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
But what I wonder is: why would an innocent Greenie repeatedly bring up such inconsistencies without any intent to either cast, or to answer, suspicion?
Simple answer: Day 1. On a Day 1, I generally bring up anything and everything that catches my attention unless I have a good reason not to mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae, underlining mine
As for my posts on Cab, I can't see how it would be unclear to any honest reader: I was surprised by Inzil & Legate's suspicion which seemed disproportionate, and then made a guess as to what they meant: something I had noticed but didn't consider particularly significant myself.

What would be the point of sneakily casting suspicion on someone who was, at that point, the most suspected anyway?
So you're basically implying that anyone who finds something you do suspicious is either stupid or dishonest? I'm sorry, but I find that a little excessive. If you're innocent - the rest of us don't know your role, and without that information, it shouldn't come as a surprise that we also produce interpretations that look obviously wrong from your perspective. If you're a wolf - well, that would explain the defensiveness, but even so I think rhetorics like that are a little out of proportion in this context.

As for your question - sneakily casting suspicion on McCaber would serve to increase a general atmosphere of "McCaber is suspicious". This was early on in Day 1, so even though Cab was the most suspected person at that point, he wasn't suspected very much, and subtly adding to the suspicion on him would serve to take it to a more serious level. Does it make sense now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Specifying that she won't be back until the next Day seems....well, how would she know she'd be around on the next Day? More importantly, why specify that she'll be back on Day 3, rather than saying she'll be gone for a couple of days? Could she be alerting her pack to an absence this coming Night? She does note that she hopes to have the time to do more, which could be taken as either a desire to participate in discussion or a desire to communicate with her pack. Perhaps just straws, but it's a distinct ping for me at this point. I believe Wilwa would be bold enough to make such a comment, being unable to communicate with her pack any other way at this point, and the specificity of her wording seems tricksy to me.
I agree with McCaber, I think this sounds a bit far-fetched. Makes me slightly wary of Sally, actually; this looks somewhat forced, like a wolf trying to come up with an original suspicion once realising that chasing Inzil twice in a row would come across too easy and bandwagony on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Meanwhile, my Nerwen radar is saying....nothing, which is distinctly unsettling. In my experience, my Nerwen radar always gives off the exact opposite impression, which is to say that I suspect her when she's innocent (especially when she's gifted) and ignore her when she's evil. I'd forgotten she was playing until I came across one of her posts, and I'll also note that she's not done nearly as much saccharine banter with Shasta as I would expect (though perhaps that's due to his own lack of participation?). I don't feel comfortable voting her toDay based solely on this, but it's something I must keep an eye on.
I agree with this bit, though - Nerwen manages to contribute a lot while remaining securely under my radar, which is a bit unnerving (sorry, bad pun). I don't think we should read too much into the absence of Nerwen-Shasta-banter, however, given that Shasta missed the entire Day 1 and thus the most optimal banter-time.

Last edited by A Little Green; 10-13-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:15 AM   #137
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was afraid this was going to happen when I went to bed, but then I thought I was just paranoid.

ToMorrow we will have a village of 7, with 3 wolves. At least there's a chance the seer will still make a difference, because you've just lynched an ordo.

And, wow, look at the reasoning behind those votes:

Shasta because I voted for him on Day 1.
McCaber for no reason at all.
Greenie to save herself, with no reason why she's preferring me over Inzil (at least nothing stated).
Nerwen because it didn't matter anymore.

Best of luck on Day 3, you'll need it.

__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #138
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
ToMorrow we will have a village of 7, with 3 wolves. At least there's a chance the seer will still make a difference, because you've just lynched an ordo.

And, wow, look at the reasoning behind those votes:

Shasta because I voted for him on Day 1.
McCaber for no reason at all.
Greenie to save herself, with no reason why she's preferring me over Inzil (at least nothing stated).
Nerwen because it didn't matter anymore.
Mac - if you're telling the truth (and I don't see why you wouldn't be, at this point), I'm sorry. If Inzil is a wolf I'll kick myself. As for the reasonings behind the votes - flashbacks to yesterDay, anyone? To be fair, though, Shasta did have something else against you as well, and I did give a reason as to why I chose you over Inzil.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #139
Kitanna
Child of the West
 
Kitanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Watching President Fillmore ride a unicorn
Posts: 2,340
Kitanna is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kitanna is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The next morning the villagers met again in the tavern to discuss their misfortune some more. With the death of their Ranger the villager descended into bickering arguing about who killed who.

“It was Greenie!” Wilwa screamed, pointing a finger at her.

“I mean obviously!” Mac agreed. “Just look at her, all...green and what not.”

“Hardly,” Rikae said. “Inzil, it had to be him. He managing to escape yesterday, but I just know he’s hiding something.”

Sally walked around with a picket sign that read “Dun to be Done”.

Three hands went up at once demanding Mac be removed from the village by the most violent means possible.

Nerwen bit her lip, unsure what to do. “Honestly, it looks like Greenie is a fanged and furred villian, but it looks like it won’t have much effect if I vote for her.” She shuffled from foot to foot. “Let’s find out about Mac’s lycanthropic tendencies first I guess.”

Mac put his hands up and backed into a corner. “Me? No! I never hurt anyone! I’m just trying to live my life! It’s Greenie! Or maybe it’s Shasta! Or Nerwen! Or McCaber! It could be anyone, but it’s not me!”

“There’s only one way to find out,” Greenie said.

McCaber jumped for Mac. Mac dodged McCaber’s tackle only to be blindsided by Greenie, who had armed herself with a chair. She swung and hit his knee. Mac dropped, clutching his wounded leg. Rikae grabbed a torch from the wall and put it to Mac’s clothes as he lay begging for mercy.

The smell of burning fabric, hair, and flesh filled the tavern. Mac screamed and writhed on the floor. He rolled around trying to put the fire out. Flames jumped off him, landing on the floor, eating up the wood.

“Someone get a bucket of water,” Sally instructed, “So we don’t accidently burn this place down.”

Inzil took up the task. He ran out to the well and upon his return he found Mac had stopped moving, but the flames continued to burn what was left. Inzil threw the water on the burning corpse. The floor where Mac had rolled was damaged beyond repair and his charred body was a smoking, smelly mess. And much to the chagrin of the village he hadn’t changed into a wolf form. Mac was as innocent as he claimed to be.

The Living
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Rikae
Nerwen
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger
Aganzir - Scalped on Night 2 - Ordo
Macalaure - Set on fire Day 2 - Ordo


Night 3 has begun
__________________
"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-13-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #140
Kitanna
Child of the West
 
Kitanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Watching President Fillmore ride a unicorn
Posts: 2,340
Kitanna is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kitanna is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The wind outside howled or maybe it was those nefarious wolves, McCaber wasn’t sure. He sat in his study looking over some texts on the subject, trying hard not to jump at every little sound.

There had to be a way to stop these beasts before anyone else died. Unfortunately nothing turned up that would ensure all would die at once, rather than one by one. Frustrated and sleepy he put his head down, resting it on his arms.

McCaber woke with a start to find his candle burned out and three shadowy figures blocking out the moonlight. “I should have known.”

“Grab him,” one ordered.

The other two grabbed McCaber, not giving a thought to his comfort in the matter. McCaber didn’t fight, from his research he knew there was no way out. Instead he began to sing “The Song that Never Ends” to annoy them while they tied him to his chair. His voice got louder and louder.

“We need to shut him up.” One of the wolves who had tied him down shoved a funnel in his mouth. While another poured the contents of a pot into his mouth.

McCaber gagged at the raw, meaty slop being forced into his mouth. A shard of something moved down the funnel and lodged itself in his throat. His gagging turned to wheezing and then all air was cut off. McCaber flailed as best he could in his position. He tried to free his himself so he could perform the heimlich.


“What’s wrong? Does Agan not sit well in your stomach?”

Eventually his flailing stopped and his head fell limping forward. The wolves proceeded to poke around his study. One came across a rather interesting mirror tucked under some books.

“A scrying mirror. Ha! I bet he didn’t see that coming!” The wolf laughed and put the mirror down.

~*~*~

In the morning the village found McCaber covered in body and pureed guts, though his skin was blue underneath. There were many dismayed cries as they realized the wolves had killed their seer.

The Living
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
Rikae
Nerwen
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger
Aganzir - Scalped on Night 2 - Ordo
Macalaure - Set on fire Day 2 - Ordo
McCaber - Choked on bits of Agan Night 3 - Seer


Day 3 has begun
__________________
"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-15-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #141
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So Cab was the Seer. I was thinking him one of the wolf triumvirate, along with Nerwen, and maybe Greenie. His vote yesterDay was obviously not a clue to that. Why else would he have been targeted?

I think the numbers indicate that an innocent lynch toDay is Game Over.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #142
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well. This is going very badly indeed.

McCaber, Day One

#10.
Opening banter: “I’ll step up! Everyone is a wolf but me."

#22.
Banter– accuses Mac at #21 of "chiming in suspiciously on cue”.

Tally
Inzil —> Mac


#34.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Inzil's vote seems more random than anything else, because there's like six posts here to choose from. I didn't see anything in Mac's post besides early banter.
Tally
Inzil —>Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Inzil
Rikae —> Inzil (2)


#49. Vote-post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
I'm not sure I agree with lynching the silent ones Day 1. In my experience, the people with something to play for are the ones who tend to show up early, while the lurkers tend to be ordinary innocents.

So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.

++ Legate of Amon Lanc
Comment: I think we can safely say that whoever McCaber dreamed on Night One, it wasn’t Legate! The part about “lynching the silent ones” seems to be a response to Mac's vote for my absent beloved; may also be to Rikae #35, where she proposes lynching non-appearing players (at that time, Shasta, Sally, Aganzir, Wilwa and Greenie), though this sounds more like banter. Possibly McCaber gave that caution because he had dreamed one of these players as an innocent. It does not, unfortunately, seem likely that he had dreamed a wolf.


McCaber, Day Two

#123
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Man, I didn't miss a whole lot of discussion toDay, and what is here I can't decipher much from at all.

Voting is as follows -
wilwa: LG
Inzil: Nerwen
Mac: LG (2)
Shasta: Mac
Rikae: Inzil

Left to vote are sally, myself, LG, and Nerwen.
Tally
Wilwa —> Greenie
Inzil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie (2)
Shasta —> Mac
Rikae —> Inzil
Sally —> Inzil (2)


#127.
Replying to Sally at #124:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
I know, it's been a while. Good to finally be back.

Although your point on wilwa here really seems like a stretch to me. Especially when trying to connect it to Inzil like you've done. Not really a fan.

Speaking of, I don't really agree with the recent Inzil train. He looks more like an ordo to me, albeit a weirdly-acting one. And LG has done nothing to make me suspicious of her that I can see.

Of the people who have votes already, I most suspect Mac. I really don't like his post here [#36], because it looks like trying to sow discontent with nothing much to go on.
#131. Vote-post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Well, I must to bed. So without further ado

++ Macalaure
Comment: Again, obviously McCaber had not dreamed the person he voted, since Mac, too was innocent. All in all, he said so little that it’s hard to glean much from his posts– except it looks very much as though he had dreamed Inzil as an ordo– note typical Seer’s phrasing in #127. It is harder to guess his other dream. It may have been Greenie (again, as an ordo), based on the same post, however the wording is more ambiguous and might also mean he *hadn’t* dreamed her as yet. Another possibility is that “not a fan” was a way of saying he had dreamed Sally as a wolf, however if he had, he did not follow it up in any way. A final possibility is Wilwa (as ordo), again based on #127.

As for what tipped the wolves off- well, there’s what I just mentioned, plus McCaber had seemed a little “off” in his playing to many, and to wolves that can smell of giftedness. All the same, it was an awfully good guess…

…I hate to say it, but maybe we should lynch my king next?


EDIT:X’d with Zil
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #143
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Cab's posting was pretty sparse.

His first of any note was this, the one where he called out Mac for the latter's sudden appearance. Obviously we can say now there was nothing to that.

Next was this, where he says my vote for Mac looked random, and Mac had just been bantering.

Cab's Day 1 vote was for Legate, a known innocent.

Day 2 he didn't show up til late in the Day, first giving a vote tally.

Next, he says Sally is stretching a point against Greenie. He didn't like the 'Inzil train', and didn't think Greenie had done anything suspicious 'that I can see'. Could he have dreamed me and Greenie? Ends by saying he most suspects Mac.

He then votes for Mac, and that's it.

Like I said, all I can get is that he might have dreamed Greenie and me. I'll take her off my red list for now.

x/d with Nerwen
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #144
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Day 2 Votes

Wilwa had the first vote of the Day, with Greenie.

Shasta got the ball rolling on Mac, and his reason for it seems a bit forced.

Votes for me from Rikae and Sally followed.

Cab and Greenie went for Mac next. We know Cab was the Seer, and based on his words I'm ready to give a pass to Greenie.

Nerwen voted for Mac with a note that she was 'hoping for the best', and that her vote would not count anyway, ie, could not overcome the Mac-wagon. Very safe for a wolf.

To me, that leaves Shasta and Nerwen as the most suspicious based on the votes.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #145
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

Again, obviously McCaber had not dreamed the person he voted, since Mac, too was innocent. All in all, he said so little that it’s hard to glean much from his posts– except it looks very much as though he had dreamed Inzil as an ordo– note typical Seer’s phrasing in #127. It is harder to guess his other dream. It may have been Greenie (again, as an ordo), based on the same post, however the wording is more ambiguous and might also mean he *hadn’t* dreamed her as yet. Another possibility is that “not a fan” was a way of saying he had dreamed Sally as a wolf, however if he had, he did not follow it up in any way. A final possibility is Wilwa (as ordo), again based on #127.
I agree that based on his wording Inzil seemed like one of his dreams, and considering Inzil had received votes on Day 1 it would have made sense for him to choose him to dream of. I don't think there's anything else that looks concrete enough to feel confident about with regards to his second dream. It's possible that his other dream was someone who had already died by Day 2. So, I'm going to choose to feel good about Inzil, because this adds on to the fact that yesterday we were also considering his innocence from Agan's posts.

So that leaves Shasta, Nerwen, Rikae, Sally and Greenie for me to vote from. Even though we lose today if we guess wrong, the odds are pretty good of hitting a wolf (3 out of 5).
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #146
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, judging from McSeer's posts, it looks like I've once again been persecuting an innocent Inzil.
Really, from now on, I should just make a rule for myself to never vote for Inzil, even if he proclaims himself a wolf.

It also seems quite possible Cab dreamed of Greenie, so I'm going to have a close look at everyone else. Unfortunately there isn't going to be a whole lot to go on: did we actually have two wolves skip the first Day? That would be outrageous.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #147
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Purely looking at the way the votes fell, we know Mac's vote for Greenie was coming from an innocent. The fact that Wilwa also voted Greenie makes me wonder why Mac got as many votes as he did. I suspected him a little (which is more than I had on anyone else, at the time) but I certainly didn't expect a bandwagon to ensue. Rikae and Sally both voted Inzil after I voted for Mac. My question is, with Greenie leading in votes up until then, if she's innocent, why didn't she get hammered on? It seems to me as though, with 3 wolf votes versus 5 innocent votes, it would have been a reasonable assumption to think that three votes on the same person would have been quite the uphill battle to overcome.

Splitting the votes at that juncture also made it more likely that a single vote would carry the day - which is better for the wolves, in my opinion.

Interestingly, Inzil didn't get hammered on either, after those initial votes.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #148
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Trouble with that is, looking at the Mac votes...

I know I'm not a wolf.
McCaber was obviously not a wolf.
Greenie voted to save herself (granted, she could have picked Inzil, but voting to save yourself isn't really a baddie tell).
My queen's vote didn't matter after Greenie's.

So the votes in and of themselves don't really look all that suspicious. I still think there's more to the fact that neither Greenie nor Inzil garnered more votes than they did. As others have stated, Inzil-ordo is a possible McCaber-dream, so... going by that, I guess I'd say I'm most suspicious of Greenie at the moment - granted, it's hardly fair to expect Greenie to defend herself from this, considering it's not based on anything she's done. I do think I'll go back and look at her, though.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #149
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
So the votes in and of themselves don't really look all that suspicious. I still think there's more to the fact that neither Greenie nor Inzil garnered more votes than they did. As others have stated, Inzil-ordo is a possible McCaber-dream, so... going by that, I guess I'd say I'm most suspicious of Greenie at the moment - granted, it's hardly fair to expect Greenie to defend herself from this, considering it's not based on anything she's done. I do think I'll go back and look at her, though.
I still consider though that Cab might have dreamed innocent Greenie based on this.

It's not a strong statement about her innocence, granted, but I wonder if a Seer, knowing there was no Ranger to protect him at Night, would not have been very careful about his words regarding his opinions on people.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #150
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nerwen -
The "Jonathan" quote was apparently from a game where she was a wolf - would a wolf make such a risky joke? I think a Nerwolf would.
A wishy-washy post about Inzil-Mac-Mc. "Might be possible fellows" but "it seems like cub-tactics".
Immediately on Day 2, exclaims "What the heck is going on in this village?", and then explains.
This looks very innocent: a little too innocent. It also is a good way of framing the discussion (if she's a wolf, she may be giving the real reason, and then immediately offering an alternative in order to keep Inzil as a possible suspect).
Analyzes Aganzir at length. In retrospect, lots of text but not much light shed on anything: same conclusions as her previous post and also mentions that Agan could have looked like the wildcard.
Calls Zil "really weird today".
Analyzes Legate. Concludes that Greenie is suspicious.
Doesn't really want to vote for Inzil. Mac and Greenie's reactions to the night kill were suspicious.
An Inzil-lynch was possible, and I could see why a wolf-Nerwen wouldn't want to be in the wagon. Funny, she's the one who started talk about a bluff, too.
Votes for Mac. Can't really conclude anything from that, it was truly pointless.
Day 3 - analyzes McCaber. Concludes Inzil is an ordo, and also possibly Greenie, Sally, Wilwa.

Sally -
"Who do I have to kill this time? "
Looks like any way you slice it, we have a wolf making a wolfy comment in her first post (if I'm right about Greenie and Inzil).
Lots and lots and lots of banter. That's Sally, though.
Day 1 vote for Inzil:
"This might sound silly, but I think he's being louder than he would be as an ordo. His behavior regarding the McPlayers is also a bit unsettling, as has been pointed out, but I am more caught by his volume at this point; I feel an ordo Dun would have been less involved in toDay's discussions (if you can call them discussions). Alas, that's the best hunch I have."
This seems reasonable enough.
"Regarding the possibility of Agan bluffing as seer"
Wait, what? Sally, were you saying Agan was pretending to be a seer who was pretending not to have dreamt of an Inzil-wolf?
Because if so, that's the most bizarre werewolf-theory I've ever heard, and I've heard some weird stuff.


Suspicious of Wilwa for mentioning she'd be back on Day 3, sees it as a possible hint to her pack. Kind of far-fetched. Wolf-on-wolf?
Argues that Inzil could be Wilwa's packmate because he's complaining about lack of participation? That's even more far-fetched. Votes him, though, for his "comments and shifting attitudes toDay".
I don't know how I feel about this. Obviously, I found him suspicious myself yesterDay, but this connection she's trying to make between him and Wilwa is really out there.


Shasta -
Weird comment about Greenie's comment about me. At first I thought he suspected her, but apparently he meant to cast suspicion on me. This "Nah, it's probably nothing. " business is a little creepy. I kind of have the feeling he's trying to use his reputation as an excuse to raise suspicions without committing himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
There's something strange going on between Mac and Inzil, seemingly. If Agan was killed due to looking like the Seer (I can't find another reason for her to be killed so soon after causing Legate's death, anyway) then I tend to lean towards Mac. Plus he voted me yesterday, the cad!

++Macalaure
Uh... nope, I don't understand the reasoning behind this vote at all. Can you explain, Shasta?

Wilwa -
Day 1, absent.
Day 2 - says the Agan kill makes Inzil look innocent and she doesn't think a bluff is likely, but then says it could have been random and she won't decide Inzil's innocence based on it.
Semi-fishy.
Votes for Greenie by process of elimination. There is no real explanation for anything in this post, as far as I can see.

So for these four, Nerwen and Shasta seem the most wolfish, but I really can't say Wilwa and Sally seem squeaky clean either. I can't be 100% sure about Greenie, but the chance she was a seer dream means I won't risk voting for her toDay. Inzil I'll assume is innocent.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~

Last edited by Rikae; 10-14-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: X'd with Inzil and Shasta.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #151
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Nerwen voted for Mac with a note that she was 'hoping for the best', and that her vote would not count anyway, ie, could not overcome the Mac-wagon. Very safe for a wolf.

To me, that leaves Shasta and Nerwen as the most suspicious based on the votes.
How so? I couldn't have overcome the bandwagon at that point, even had I been desperate to do so- there was simply no way for me to make my vote count. If I'd voted for anyone else, wouldn't you be saying, "Ah, a throwaway! Very safe for a wolf?"
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #152
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
It's outrageously late here so I'm heading to bed, I'll post (and think) properly in the morning. For now, a quick thought -

I assume that the wolves aren't keen on bussing each other toDay since they win if we lynch an innocent. If that is true, then we can also assume that Nerwen and Shasta aren't packmates, and that Rikae isn't packmates with either of them (unless they're planning to pull off an epic Legate-180 later on). I'm not sure how much this helps, but anyway.

Other than that - I'm a bit worried about how carefully non-committal Wilwa's post toDay is. It wouldn't have alarmed me in a normal situation, but on a Day when we lose if we lynch an innocent, the wolves would have good reason to be extra flexible in who they vote for. It looks like she's trying to keep all ends open and not voice an opinion before something definite happens, exactly what a wolf might want to do on a Day like this.

Finally, a question for Nerwen: why Shasta? You might have mentioned it somewhere, but if so I missed it.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
How so? I couldn't have overcome the bandwagon at that point, even had I been desperate to do so- there was simply no way for me to make my vote count. If I'd voted for anyone else, wouldn't you be saying, "Ah, a throwaway! Very safe for a wolf?"
Hm. Fair enough.

I think Greenie has a point about Wilwa.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #154
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post

Other than that - I'm a bit worried about how carefully non-committal Wilwa's post toDay is. It wouldn't have alarmed me in a normal situation, but on a Day when we lose if we lynch an innocent, the wolves would have good reason to be extra flexible in who they vote for. It looks like she's trying to keep all ends open and not voice an opinion before something definite happens, exactly what a wolf might want to do on a Day like this.
My post had that kind of tone because I intended for it to be the first of many contributions today, not my sole contribution, but once again my stupid real life has gotten in the way of my pretend life (I was offered a job interview tomorrow that I had to make very last minute travel plans for, my day has been insane).

The one good thing about RL stuff is I will be up very early now in the morning and can therefore wait to vote and be around for DL. Though we don't want to all make last minute votes either, the wolves will likely be making every attempt to vote as late as possible so they can have control over the outcome. My best suggestion is that we shouldn't spread the votes out too much, try to reach some consensus before voting so the 4 Ordos can maintain some semblance of control by trying their best to all vote the same way. I'm aware that it's not necessarily possible to accomplish this, but we should do our best.

Perhaps since we all have seemed to agree that Inzil is very likely innocent we let him vote first and then the other 3 Ordos agree to vote the same way no matter what? The wolves will then either jump on board or vote elsewhere. If we get an innocent than yes we lose, but if we hit a wolf we might actually have an idea of who else to look at tomorrow based on who didn't want to go along with the plan?
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #155
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
It's outrageously late here so I'm heading to bed, I'll post (and think) properly in the morning. For now, a quick thought -

I assume that the wolves aren't keen on bussing each other toDay since they win if we lynch an innocent.
True, but I would expect at least some token wolf-on-wolfing toDay- you know, just in case the lynch miscarried.

A thought: if indeed neither you nor Zil are wolves, then no wolf has been in real peril yet.

Quote:
Finally, a question for Nerwen: why Shasta? You might have mentioned it somewhere, but if so I missed it.
It's basically just a joke based on the "psychic wolf" thing. In truth Shasta had done so little up to that point that I had no idea about him. Now he's suddenly surfaced on this crucial Day- which could point either way, really.

I don't have time for more now, but will look at people later.
Edit: x'd with Wilwa.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #156
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Perhaps since we all have seemed to agree that Inzil is very likely innocent we let him vote first and then the other 3 Ordos agree to vote the same way no matter what? The wolves will then either jump on board or vote elsewhere. If we get an innocent than yes we lose, but if we hit a wolf we might actually have an idea of who else to look at tomorrow based on who didn't want to go along with the plan?
In other words, no pressure.

I could possibly vote at DL. I just wouldn't have had much chance to review posts.

At the moment, I'm waffling on who to vote for. I should be able to give things a close look before though.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #157
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
At the moment, innocents outnumber wolves 4-3.

The only way to keep things going to the next Day is if I vote for a wolf and all innocents follow me.

As I said, I could probably get in here in time to make a last minute vote before DL, but I would not have time to do more then give a cursory glance to posts made while I was asleep.

I have it narrowed down to two I think are the likeliest wolves, but it would be nice to have some other input if anyone else is around.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #158
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene
 
Galadriel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The realm of forgotten words
Posts: 8,068
Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm the wolf! Pick me! Pick me! Pick m--arrghl.... *is pushed back into the world of the nonexistent*
__________________
"I have no great fondness for the universe, but I do live there." - Eliezer Yudkowsky
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #159
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I'm the wolf! Pick me! Pick me! Pick m--arrghl.... *is pushed back into the world of the nonexistent*
If it were only that easy.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #160
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,570
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ok, since it looks like everyone's lying low, I guess it's time to roll the dice.

++Sally

She voted for me two Days, both for what I consider dodgy reasons. The Day 2 vote was partly because of past games, by her admission.

This idea of hers that an AganSeer might on Day 1 have been buddying up to me having dreamt me as a wolf is a serious reach.

Best I can do. Here's hoping.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.