The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2002, 11:39 PM   #121
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Hobbit. As, like Bilbo, I'd sooner stay home than go on perilous journeys.

Quote:
"Elves and Dragons!
Cabbages and potatoes are better for you."
Gaffer Gamgee
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 03:26 AM   #122
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hmmmm, tough decision. Definately NOT a cave troll hehe. A hobbit, but one that has a thing for adventures. Not a full elf, perhaps half elf half man.
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:43 PM   #123
Evil Anya
Animated Skeleton

Evil Anya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Evil Anya
Sting

I'd give the third finger on my right hand to be a hobbit. I've wanted to be a hobbit for as long as i can remember. I can't imagine that the shortness would be a problem as you wouldn't even realize it if you stayed in the Shire your whole life. If i couldn't be a hobbit i would be a dawrf. Dwarves are just cool, and maybe they aren't what is considered beautiful in our eyes, but you have to imagine that if you were any of these other races your ideas of beauty would be wholly different.
Evil Anya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 06:37 AM   #124
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

An Elf, definitely. Didn't even have to think about that.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:15 AM   #125
Snowflake
Pile O'Bones

Snowflake has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Snowflake
Silmaril

Elf......
Old 01-05-2002, 08:12 AM   #126
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Well, what to say? I would like to be a ringwraith.. or maybe an orc.. No, acctually I would like to be an elf, but so many people has allready said that so I wanted to say something more originally.. ^_^ acctually, when I checked up "what where you in ME" with my real name it said that I was an irritating black rider.. so maybe that is my destiny? I can't say that I hate being mean, but on the other hand, deep down inside of me, I would never acctually want to KILL someone.. at least that is what I'm saying to myself.. *ahem* so, onwards: I guess my choice would be a ringwraith, or something else, as long as I could be evil.. otherwise I would be an elf.. as almost everybody else.. ^_^
Old 01-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #127
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

I was told that I was a "Revered Druadan"-since I have no idea what that means (although to be revered is an attractive idea), I already said I'd rather be an Elf-for quite obvious reasons, not the least of which is Legolas' company. If I can't be an elf, I think I would find use for myself in the Old Forest...
But an "irritating" Black Rider? Hmmm. So you don't kill, you just go around and crack your knuckles?
Old 01-05-2002, 02:13 PM   #128
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Something like that, I guess.. I like being irritating sometimes, though.. But not allways.. And since I don't REALLY want to kill people, that seems like a good idea..
"Oh, no! Here comes the IRRITATING BLACK RIDER!! *crack* *crack* AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! nooooo, please SPARE us!!!"
Old 01-05-2002, 02:15 PM   #129
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

Wait wait wait...Druadein-"wild men of the woods?" "shy and secretive"? Defenitely not I! So off to the Old Forest I go. For now.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:19 PM   #130
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Ok, become an ent then.. but beware!! sometime the irritating balck rider is gonna come to the old forest and crack her knuckkles.. or something.. or maybe she will just jump around screaming about things like "Victory is mine" and "Beware the murder cheese" (don't ask.. once upon a time I was a bit insane..:P)
Old 01-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #131
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

According to the Red Book of Westmarch my names meant these:

Nick: Valiant Beorning
Nicholas: Forgetful Orcling
Zifnab: Confused Dragon

hmm...........choices choices
Old 01-05-2002, 02:50 PM   #132
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think I'll pick the Confused Dragon...I think that resembles me best outta the three.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:53 PM   #133
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

I think you would do an exellent confused dragon.. since you're confused about what you wanna be.. does that make sense? probably not, but at least some people thinks it's irritating with other people telling them what to do.. ^_~ and after all, I'm supposed to be an IRRITATING black rider, right??
Old 01-05-2002, 03:12 PM   #134
Lush
Fair and Cold

Eye

Well well well, it seems that in ancient times, "Lush" (my pseodonym for a number of years now) roamed Middle Earth as an "irksome Warg."
A warg is a wolf, ferocious and intelligent.
Now that is definitely me.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:18 PM   #135
Luineglin
Haunting Spirit

Luineglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i am a courageous half-elven
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Bilbo Baggins Describing Aragorn Son of Arathorn Heir of Elendil,Elessar-Elfstone of his people
Luineglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 06:55 PM   #136
taweluch an byth

Eye

i would be (i am i should better say) an elf... not that i care the immortal life (which i can easily give up), or the beauty of the elves, but i have a way with animals and nature, have talent in music and above all very strong senses...

and that makes me an elf, huh?
yet, i believe immortality is not a gift but a curse...
Old 01-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #137
Lush
Fair and Cold

Eye

Immortality is a burden to bear. To whom much is given, much will be asked for in return. At least, that's the way I always thought of it.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:04 AM   #138
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

I would never enjoy being imortal.. at least not as a human, or an elf that liked humans and wanted to become friends with them. And you know why? You get to know them, you have lots of fun with them (ok, not that bad this far) but after just a merely hundred years they die.. sometimes even sooner.. and then you feel terrible and miss them, but then you will meet someone new, and then they die as well.. I can see why elves sometimes seem so cool against the mortals.. oh, yeah.. just read that "warg" thingy.. I'm from sweden, and in swedish, wolf is varg.. Tolkien borrowed most his words from Finnish and Welsh(?) I think, but some scandinavian words as well.. I guess warg will be among them, right? Or am I just waaay to patriotic?
Old 01-09-2002, 07:29 PM   #139
Nevfan

Sting

An Elf, I have a elvish personality. Specifically a Woodland elf, love of nature, beautiful personalities, good with animals. Basically describes me in a small nutshell.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:24 PM   #140
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I would be a elf, being immortal would be cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 11:33 PM   #141
Nazgûl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Nazgûl Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<center><font color="red">All races have their particular attractions...

Valar and Maiar are cool because they are all powerful and can shape-change... people worship them and some of them are the very kool wizards....

Dwarves create things and have a love of Gold and jewels etc... I collect semi-precious stones so....

Dunadan are kool because they travel, they are strong and noble, and they do not have to live forever.

Hobbits are good because they live a relaxed and peaceful life, not worrying (much) and always having fun.

The Ents live a nice slow life, with a beautiful flowing language. They life areound trees, are also immortal, and they have great strength and wisdom.

The elves are beautiful and wise. They are masters of music, lore and languages. They are close to nature and live harmoniously with their environment, and some of them are close to the Valar and maiar.

They each have their advantages and disadvantages, but most of all i would like to be an elf because i am a great fan of wisdom, music, lore, languages and nature.
Besides, in every lotR personality test I've been an elf... what could be a more clear sign than that? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 07:11 AM   #142
ElephantTIG&Co

Eye

Hello, peeps! I'm just new here.

Ever since I've been reading fantasy books, I've always wanted to become an elf. But dwarves, wizards and hobbits are as interesting, too. But Elves are more graceful and mysterious, I think.

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 04:28 PM   #143
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well, here goes...first message...ever :O

i'd like to be a hobbit: a simple, quiet life, lovely wee home (with a *round door* - yay!)...and with friends like frodo,sam, merry and pippin...hell, i'd be set up for life
Old 11-05-2002, 07:25 AM   #144
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

elf or ranger.

im actually half and half at the moment

i cant get enough of the forests, rivers, and wild country.

im also pretty elf-looking, light, good mover, like dancing (is that elvish?), and i so badly wanna live in a cave!!! (ranger quality [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i can actually fit in just about anywhere, but i hate modern people, with their modern lives.... i just wanna take off for a few months, visit the elves, climb the mountains, destroy rings, save the world, fight battles, reclaim thrones, etc....

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 01:15 PM   #145
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I have no choice. I am hobbit beyond doubt. Height, musical taste, and various other factors combine to make me a Shire-dweller. I'd probably end up a Took, however- I do like to travel, and I'm quite the swimmer.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:25 PM   #146
Atariel
Haunting Spirit

Atariel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I would be an elf. the whole concept of never having B.O, never dying, and being able to tootle off to Valinor when you get fed up with the world should really suit most people. and the whole regal thing. i mean, if you want to abuse your power and beauty, then i respect that, but elves don't. anyway, beauty is a thing that you so scarcely find on this earth that an entire race of drop-dead-gorgeous intellectuals would be such a cool thing to live around. hoom hom, and the fact that quenya is, with-out doubt, the most beautiful language ever invented, followed closely by sindarin, also helps. but hoom hom, that's just my opinion.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:55 PM   #147
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hm, I'd probably be a hobbit, because I don't like change: everything has to be in its right place. Honestly though, I'd probably be more like Pippin than anything, real innocent (and clueless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) but know how to have fun.
The only problem is I'm too tall...(j/k. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I know it doesn't matter!)
Old 11-07-2002, 08:49 AM   #148
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
I would be an elf no doubt about it. The inmortallaty speaks to me and there home's as well (rivendell and lothlori?n). Besides they are fair and have beautifull hair. And don't get me started about there ears.

Ok i'm stopping before I'm starting another essay about why elfe's ae so cool.
________
Hemp marijuana

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:24 AM   #149
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

If Maias were a race, I'd want to be one of them. But the ain't a race, oh well.

I'd be an elf. But like Sulda in the first page, I often find myself leaning towards being a Hobbit---I mean, there are, after all, a lot of people who'd want to be elves , anyway.(wanna propagate the planet again? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:28 PM   #150
Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Haunting Spirit

Saurannûn the Wood Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Ring

I don't understand those of you who would take a life. Life is the most precious gift given to us, and I support those who would protect it.

As for me, I've always wanted to be of the faerie folk (though I'm 16, I'm still a little girl at heart!), and elves would always be my first choice! They are NOT immortal, though some may think so. Eventually, and yes, EVENTUALLY, they would die of old age. after maybe 50 million years, but they WOULD. . .eventually. But anyways, it was really cool, 'cause when I was in Timmins for a Karate Tournament, I took my friend (ONLY friend) Eric to see LOTR, and he called me Elfie forever after that because I look like an Elf! What a compliment! Anyways, I'm enchanted by their connections with Nature (the Wood Elves, of which I would BE one if I was alive in Middle Earth) and wish I could give life to the dead (or destroyed [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) forests of the world, just for the sake of giving life! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Aah! (Can't you just tell I eventually want to have kids!)
Old 11-09-2002, 10:10 AM   #151
Calenoreiel_the_ElfMaiden

Silmaril

Well deep down Ive always had Hobbitish charectoristics. If only I wasnt so tall I would be a hobbit for sure!
Old 11-09-2002, 10:29 AM   #152
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Well well...first I thought that this question was an easy one. I've always admired hobbits...(I mean such hobbits as Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merri and Bilbo.) so brave, so loyal...but when I started thinking about this matter more closely, I understood that being a hobbit would mean more than just these qualities. And honestly, I can't see myself leading a "hobbit-life"!Living in a small, peaceful village, drinking beer and smoking pipe-weed, not being interested in the outer world..., sounds all too boring for me... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!
Elves, on the other hand, are somehow too perfect in my opinion. Would'nt it be boring, too, to be so flawless? (But I have to admit that I would LOVE living in Rivendell and I also love music...)
So, finally...I guess I would choose to be a man. Some of the dunedain, perhaps...?
Old 11-09-2002, 06:15 PM   #153
Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Haunting Spirit

Saurannûn the Wood Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Shield

Elves are definitely NOT perfect! You know about Dark Elves, and some people make the mistake of thinking Elves are immortal. 1)You can kill them and 2) if they were immortals, what's the cut-off age for their looks to stop changing, and how would they get to that age if they never aged anyways??? Can you answer THAT! Being born immortal, they would be babies forever and completely useless! No age or anything, I can't imagine it! But it probably WOULD take about 50,000 years for them to die of old age, though!
Old 11-10-2002, 04:32 AM   #154
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, ok- you're right. I wrote my opinion too hastily, all elves are not "perfect", I know. I wasn't thinking about the tales in Silmarillion, I just thought about the Elves described in the LOTR. Sorry!
Old 11-10-2002, 05:17 AM   #155
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would be human because I lke the way I am. I wouldn't like to lead a hobbit life, or to live as long as elves or ents, for some reason I just don't like dwarves (sorry this is rushed, I've just been told I'm ringing bells for remebrance Sunday [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
Old 11-10-2002, 12:22 PM   #156
kaleidoscope
Pile O'Bones

kaleidoscope has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd be an elf or a human. I can't decide and there are good and bad points to both.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:48 AM   #157
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
what's the cut-off age for their looks to stop changing, and how would they get to that age if they never aged anyways???
I was thinking just that as I was seeing Legolas again book 6 of RotK this morning. In spite of everything, I'd still choose to be an elf, yet there are some aspects in me of the different races of LotR.
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:21 AM   #158
Dúnethalath Taurendor
Pile O'Bones

Dúnethalath Taurendor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd probably be an elf, or an Istari, but an Elf more likely...

By the way, those of you who like roleplaying in a racetype should come and visit my site (it's in my profile).
Old 11-14-2002, 07:59 PM   #159
Morelen

Sting

Well... if it is possible... I`m sort of half way between an Elf sand a Hobbit. I think like an Elf and act like a Hobbit. But I`m more Elf than anything.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:57 AM   #160
Ringannunwen
Animated Skeleton

Ringannunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

elf or a valar or something kewl like that but yes, definetly an elf.