The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
Dûrbelethwen
Haunting Spirit

Dûrbelethwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien needlework

Does anyone know if there are any places were I could buy needlework of pictures from the books or of drawings that Pofessor Tolkien did? I do needlework occasionly and am looking for a new project for when I am done with the picture I am working on. Thank you.
Dûrbelethwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
I don't know of anything, but I'll keep my eye out for you! What kind of needlework do you do, Crosstich, Embroidery, Crewel? Just wondering, I Embroider, it's fun to meet someone else who does it because it's not practiced very often anymore. A fun project I've been thinking about is doing the banners, such as Rohan's or Gondor's. If you ever find (Or have) a picture that's large enough to look at closely, could you tell me? I'll keep a sharp lookout for pictures for you!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I believe that if you look on the LotR Costume Research page, there is a link somewhere to a site that has some LotR crosstitch patterns. You may have to dig a bit to find the link, though.