The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #241
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It doesn''t seem likely an assassin would just drop out, though, so - wasted vote.
Yes. I think Brinn hadn't noticed you had retracted already...

Well, you others need to see we don't lynch Mira toDay as she will be dead anyway.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #242
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well Me Hearties, I've finished me work n' now've had some time t' read over n' make some notes n' offer some thoughts.
I'm not wild abou' votin' Shasta. I've not seen wha' others are on abou' w' his jokin' aroun' n' sayin' double lychin' Greenie oughta be discussed, then defendin' hisself when called on it. Maybe a cobbler, mind, bu' I'm thinkin' too obvious t' be a baddie. He be votin' for Rikae, but maybe just out a' revenge.

Gwath's vote do be a throwaway, n' I think he's one t' watch, but I'm not certain if he ought t' walk th' plank t'day.

Kath be makin' a good list, and makin' some sense ('n not just cos I'm in her good books just now ) Th' Annu vote looks t' be solid.

Rikae indeed seemed t' be pushin' agin' Shasta mighty hard, 'n like I said I thought it w'out merit. Has calmed a bit since (only after some folks reacted to it?), bu' I'm still not easy abou' her.

Eomer really be worryin'. He voted Mira twice w' no real reason either time, 'n has mostly seemed t' be layin' low.

Annu is a bit puzzlin'. I know how newbies be c'n give th' wrong impressions while bein' innocent (from personal experience), but seems t' latch onta th' Shasta cause right quick.

Izzy be anoth'r puzzle. Not sure wha' t' think.

Wilwa be votin' Ëonwë. Not really explained, n' seemed a bit forced.

Back 'n a bit fer th' vote.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #243
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I be back, shipmates. I'll be speakin' to ye again when I ha' had time to pick up th' talk o' th' day.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #244
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But you are during the Night if she does not get lynched? Or not?
That's an issue I'm currently debating. I've always hated modfiring as its unfair to all the other players and I really hate to be so quick to modfire someone considering the circumstances why she cannot play (as I know how much it sucks to have computer issues), especially if she manages to regain computer access before the end of toMorrow (though unfortunately Nienna made it sound like that wasn't likely). She won't be modfired at the end of the Day, but at the end of the Night at the earliest. I might be willing her one more Day tops, and if she doesn't show up and vote after then, I'd definitely modfire her immediately following...though I haven't decided yet.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #245
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Well, you others need to see we don't lynch Mira toDay as she will be dead anyway.~Nogrod
I'm afraid it's not so clear cut sir. You be right, we are automatically losing Mira, and if we lynch someone different, that would really essentially like having a double lynch, a double lynch that could turn out disastrous.

Plus, Izzy showed, up but I would still like to know that she's here, because if she doesn't vote she be gone too.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #246
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I wonder if th' whole 'isterical womin thing - th' "intense" n' "over-the-top" tone folks seem t' read into me posts would 'ave been there if I''d orig'nally signed up t' th' 'downs pretendin' I was a fella. Just sayin'.

Because I really don't enjoy being accused of a tone I'm not using. That's all.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #247
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My last post crossed with Brinn...apparently it's not a done deal then?

In that case it might be even more beneficial to make Mira go ghostly. I mean we won't know her role, but if she's having computer issues, she won't be posting as a ghost anyway, we won't have to worry about her role anymore (even if it only is for an extra day), and we would spare our Cap'n from having to mod-fire someone.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #248
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I be seein' no reason t' waste a lynch on Mira. Tis pointless. It do appear th'a she be gone, either fer good or at least fer a day or two. Either way, we c'n afford t' wait n' see on her.

x'd with Boro 'n Rikae
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I saw this one when trying to leave the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Still it might be a good option to stay with Mira...based on the request to be mod-fired, it's likely she's innocent who's run into computer issues (although she could very well be a mutineer). We're apparently going to lose her anyway (and I'm assuming we'd get her role too...?), if we vote to lynch someone else, we run the risk of lynching an innocent (but of course concede the chance of getting a baddie), plus losing Mira. At this point, it might be good to keep the deaths down, and let the mutineers make their selection at night, which would presumably, with a successful kill, give us another innocent.
We run a risk of lynching an innocent everytime we lynch someone Boro! You should know that. But lynching is the only way to get rid of the baddies. So you say we lynch a possible innocent who - even if a mutineer - would die anyway? Huh-huh.

And hoping for a succesfull kill? They'll have enough of them during this game. And they will make their selections. Okay, you talk of the ratio between the lynched and the night- killed, right. Sadly of those lynched/killed we have no guarantee how much will they take part in the game after they're dead so I'm not too sure that idea is as good as you make it look like.

And the mutineer selections are always selections between non-mutineers while our lynches always have the mutineers at the stake as well!

And where did you get that assumption that Mira's role would be for some reason revealed if she was modfired? It would be against the mod-goddesses principal that deaths will not be revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The good news is, whether Nogrod is lynched or not, we won't know his role, but he will be a ghost and can still participate if he so chooses, and that can tell us more about him.
So let's lynch Nogrod? See what I said about the mutineers wishing to do at the previous page: some should be lynched to keep people insecure about their status? Didn't you Boro just say you'd like to let the mutineers do the choices, why you'd wish otherwise with me?

Quote:
Does any of that make sense?
Yes and no. If you're a mutineer or a cobbler that makes perfect sense and becoming quite daring... timing and all. If you're not you're loosing your grip .

But let's discuss that later (dead or alive). Now to bed at last.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-16-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: moved bits of the second last sentence to their right place to make sense...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #250
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I wonder if th' whole 'isterical womin thing - th' "intense" n' "over-the-top" tone folks seem t' read into me posts would 'ave been there if I''d orig'nally signed up t' th' 'downs pretendin' I was a fella. Just sayin'.

Tha's not wh' I was sayin'. I jus' thought y' blew up a small thing into a big 'un.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #251
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
At th' risk o' somebody thinkin' I'm gettin' uppity fer havin' an opinion:

I seen this here problem on another ship once: one pirate was goin' overboard, an' th' mutineers were th' ones arguin' that we should lynch somebody else, too. I tried t' convince th' crew that we'd give ourselves one more day by lynchin' th' doomed one - one more day for findin' th' mutineers.

So, although I complained 'bout wastin' my vote, maybe it ain't wasted after all. Ef we have two deaths t'day (or t'night) that's a day we lose, an' later on we'll know more an' choose better (even statistically). So mebbe we'd best lynch Mira after all.

Yes, Nog, we'll only win this by lynchin', but only by lynchin' th' right people. Now it's still very much a shot in th' dark, but later, th' odds and our knowledge will be better - usin' the lnch on Mira t'day saves us an extra day at t' end o' th' game, when we can make our lynch count.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
So let's lynch Nogrod? See what I said about the mutineers wishing to do at the previous page: some should be lynched to keep people insecure about their status? Didn't you Boro just say you'd like to let the mutineers do the choices, why you'd wish otherwise with me?~Nogrod
If you're a mutineer yes...

I'm not sure what your point is, I'm considering the options...

Should it be Mira, to avoid losing 2-people?

Should it be Nogrod, who I have only a gut feeling is a mutineer based on behavior and the end of Day 1 voting.

Should it be Rikae, who I have a theory is a co-conspirator, based on all the mixed and twisted words?

Should it be Shasta whose vote I took as a challenge?

Why are you acting like I'm speaking in absolutes with regards to you?

Edit: crossed with Rikae...exactly! (and I'm sure this is going to be taken as we're working together, but who cares? I don't, sorry.)
Old 06-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #253
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I be takin' a second shot at that thar Shasta-Rikae-Annu-Kath tussle (was thar anyone else involved that I be missin'?). It's the sort of spot I'd be expectin' to find a mutineer.

As far as I be able to navigate it, Rikae's initial challenge to Shasta's "pros and cons of lynching LG" post be seemin' pretty rational and tame, especially when it be comparrrred to Shasta's initial defense, which be strikin' my flint as awrful abrupt - particularly if you be considerin' that Shasta proceeds to get into it with Rikae, while if anyone had twisted Shasta's words, it was Annu. Annu probably be lookin' the worst of the gang of 'em - s/he latches onto Rikae's post like a crab onto a fish and then be takin' it a league or two farther, and then goin' on to vote Shasta in his/her second post. Now that looks suspicious, if you be askin' this honest seaman's opinion - a far sight more suspicious 'n Shasta, Rikae, or Kath. Kath doesn't do much - she just be mentionin' that Rikae's twistin' Shasta's words, which I be disagreein' with, although I think I be seein' how it could seem that way. I do think she is attributin' motives, at least at first, and reading into Shasta's remarks - but she takes a less negative stance toward our first mate later on, which, to my spyglass, makes her looks awrful reasonable. Based on the exchange, I be thinkin' that Shasta's an innocent experiencin' a case o' righteous indignation (rare enough in these parts), that Rikae's a shrewd innocent, and that Annu's either a lazy son of gun or a black-hearted, opportunistic, privateerin' mutineer. Kath could be goin' either way, hard to tell from her brief involvement. Regardin' Annu, I'm leanin' towards guilty. Sure, Annu admits that his/her reasons are weak, but I be thinkin' they're weaker than s/he be admittin'.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #254
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:

For all it be worth, I don't think your tone's been particularly intense or anythin'. I warn't meanin' to sound like I was sayin' so. Sorry!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #255
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Almost known innocent:
Nerwen

Fairly good feeling:
Rikae
Boro

Not sure, but tend to trust:
Sally
Kath
Mith

Simply no idea:
Wilwa
Mirandir
Isabellkya
Eonwe

A bit doubtful about:
Inziladun (can't put my finger on it, but some vague bad feeling)
Shasta (might be conspirator)
Annu (see Inzy)
Gwath (can't put him anywhere, which makes me nervous in his case)
Nogrod (can't shake it off)

Suspicious:
Eomer (more confused about him than really suspicious, but I have no one better...)

++Eomer

I admit, though, that voting with Nogrod gives me a bit of a toothache...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #256
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
In that case it might be even more beneficial to make Mira go ghostly. I mean we won't know her role, but if she's having computer issues, she won't be posting as a ghost anyway, we won't have to worry about her role anymore (even if it only is for an extra day), and we would spare our Cap'n from having to mod-fire someone.
Yeah, I don't think I'd reveal her role anyway since that would defeat my purpose of the game. All players have to be killed twice to have their role revealed, regardless of cause of death. Though thinking about it, mod-fire isn't quite as bad as it usually is since Mira could still participate if she ever returns, so I'm not completely cutting her out of the game. Though like any other mod-fire, it still does affect the innocent: baddie ratio.

Anyway, as of this moment Mira is still in the game. Once deadline hits, I'll give a final decision about mod-firing her.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #257
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Suspicious:
Eomer (more confused about him than really suspicious, but I have no one better...)

++Eomer

I admit, though, that voting with Nogrod gives me a bit of a toothache...

Care to explain? Where be all this suspicion of Eomer spewin' from? I've been feelin' stupid not knowin' why Eomer is supposed to be suspicious. What has he done, even?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #258
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Mira

I'm being ultra conservative on this ship, so sue me...voting for someone who's very doubtful to return, we avoid essentially what would be a double lynching if we chose someone else, which means we get an extra day. Also we won't have to spend another day thinking about should we lynch Mira, or let her go, also who's to say she's not a mutineer?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #259
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Care to explain? Where be all this suspicion of Eomer spewin' from? I've been feelin' stupid not knowin' why Eomer is supposed to be suspicious. What has he done, even?
I'm not easy abou' him because 'o his two Mira votes w/ no explanation.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #260
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Thanks, Gwath.

An' ever'body give some thought t' votin' Mira, like I said. An' Mac, I'd like t' know why ye be votin' fer Eomer, too.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #261
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
++Mira

I'm being ultra conservative on this ship, so sue me...voting for someone who's very doubtful to return, we avoid essentially what would be a double lynching if we chose someone else, which means we get an extra day. Also we won't have to spend another day thinking about should we lynch Mira, or let her go, also who's to say she's not a mutineer?
Well now, Boro matey.

I was thinkin' on votin' for Annu, but now you've made realize that lynchin' Mira would buy us another day, at any rate. And there is always the off-chance that she could be a mutineer or a co-conspirator.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #262
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
He pops in, votes for Mira two days in a row and goes, I can see the suspicious reasons.

But, for me, I interpret it as Eomer being a bored ordinary. Usually with any type of special role (good or evil) Eomer is in the thick of the action...he's always confusing of course, and you always wonder what he's up to, but he's always right there, if you know what I mean.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #263
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Are you trying to find out how many people can be gotten rid of in one day Boro? *insert one eyebrow raise*

I've no intention of making a record stat anytime soon.

Why do you think those two are baddies Shasta?

Rikae, I think if you'd signed up as a guy - it would be called "dueling".

Voting alongside one of your suspects Mac?

I think Eomer has only posted song-like posts.

X'd since #258.
Edit2. Took out a rogue i.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #264
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I was thinkin' on votin' for Annu, but now you've made realize that lynchin' Mira would buy us another day, at any rate. And there is always the off-chance that she could be a mutineer or a co-conspirator.~Gwath
Hmm...I'm actually going to go and look at Annu, I admit to just scanning his posts so far and didn't realize he was also involved in the 'word twisting' earlier...
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #265
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Thanks, Gwath.

An' ever'body give some thought t' votin' Mira, like I said. An' Mac, I'd like t' know why ye be votin' fer Eomer, too.
Quote:
Well now, Boro matey.

I was thinkin' on votin' for Annu, but now you've made realize that lynchin' Mira would buy us another day, at any rate. And there is always the off-chance that she could be a mutineer or a co-conspirator.
Sorry fer bein' a poor addled pilot, but I jus' don't see th' point 'a goin' fer Mira. What's she done, anyway? Buys us another day? 'N meanwhile th' baddies get another un' of us toNight.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #266
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Vote must be now.

++ Annu
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #267
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nerwen -> Zil
Mith -> Nog
Annu -> Shasta
Rikae -> Shasta 2
Kath -> Annu
Eomer -> Mira
Shata -> Rikae
Wilwa -> Eonwe
Rikae -- Shasta
-> Mira 2
Nog -> Eomer
Mac -> Eomer 2
Boro -> Mira 3
Zil -> Annu 2

Mira 3. Annu, Eomer, Shasta 2. Zil, Rikae, Nog 1.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #268
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Sorry fer bein' a poor addled pilot, but I jus' don't see th' point 'a goin' fer Mira. What's she done, anyway? Buys us another day? 'N meanwhile th' baddies get another un' of us toNight.
Seriously, matey, what be the odds that we're gonna get us a mutineer today? If Mira's going to be modfired anyway, then why risk lynchin' two innocents by votin' for Eomer or Annu or whoever? (Though I be ponderin' votin' for the latter meself.) That's the point.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #269
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Right now I'm debating between Sally, Nog, and Mac.

Sally - For her voting of Shasta yesterDay after saying it wouldn't be a good idea.

Nog - Because it isn't his usual self. When ever I see him as his usual self, he is on the innocent side. So mostly feeling of his behaviour thus far.

Mac - Because his voting is... a bit whack, and looks like bandwagon votes. Voting alongside a seemginly top suspect of yours, even though it gives you a toothache?

X'd with Gwath.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #270
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I happen to be with Nogrod about Mira. We can only lynch mutineers if we try to. Lynching Mira will cost us one opportunity to do that.

I voted for Eomer because, looking at his two vote-posts, I have a hard time imagining him innocent. I do think he's more likely a conspirator than a mutineer, but if I have a choice between lynching a conspirator and shooting into the dark, I do the former.

Quote:
But, for me, I interpret it as Eomer being a bored ordinary.
I've heard that kind of reasoning before. Being an ordo isn't always fun. But if one is bored, then one can simply stir up the pot (I, for example, enjoy acting somewhat suspicious when ordinary and bored). Just making less than a handful of posts in two days means either that the person is up to no good or that the person has maybe played a game too much. No offense to anybody, seriously, but if you're not motivated to play if you're an ordo, then you shouldn't play - because chances are you will be one (about 55%, to be more precise ).
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #271
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Are you trying to find out how many people can be gotten rid of in one day Boro? *insert one eyebrow raise*~Izzy
hehe, just wonderin' if you would be joining us on the ship this stormy evening. (well it's been storm out on my part of the ship!)

Quote:
Sorry fer bein' a poor addled pilot, but I jus' don't see th' point 'a goin' fer Mira. What's she done, anyway? Buys us another day? 'N meanwhile th' baddies get another un' of us toNight.~Inziladun
I don't know if you have been on a boat where double-lynches were allowed during the day. It's where two people can get lynched if they are tied in votes, and those mostly turn out bad, because wolves happen to love double lynches, they take out two people in one day, thus shortening the total days they need for victory.

Since we are already pretty much guaranteed to lose Mira, whether it be tonight, or tomorrow, if we chose someone else, that would virtually be like a double-lynching...am I wrong? Mira hasn't done anything wrong, her computer is just evil, but that doesn't change the fact that she can't be here and could be killed off anyway. And whether we decide to lynch Mira or someone else, the wolves will get a kill choice...which means we risk losing 3 people in one day, not good.

Maybe Mira is a wolf...maybe we chose someone else and he/she is a wolf. Who knows? But I would rather keep the death numbers down at this point, so we don't have a double-lynching (by double-lynching I mean losing Mira to mod-fire and lynching whoever else is decided) and thus getting an extra day.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #272
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I happen to be with Nogrod about Mira. We can only lynch mutineers if we try to. Lynching Mira will cost us one opportunity to do that.
Aye, aye, that's true, thar be no denin' it. I reckon you be feelin' pretty confident about your vote, then?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #273
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I happen to be with Nogrod about Mira. We can only lynch mutineers if we try to. Lynching Mira will cost us one opportunity to do that.~Mira
Why so sure about Mira's role? She could be a mutineer just as like as she could be innocent. Just because someone's computer crashed doesn't mean she is all of a suddenly innocent.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #274
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
So I am inclined to believe Greenie, and therefore trust Nerwen (though she could still be a cobbler right?). But it could help us to kill her a second time cause then we'd either see she is the spy and have a known innocent in Nerwen, or see that she is a cobbler and get rid of a baddie who's oppinion can't sway us negatively any longer. But it may also be a good idea to keep that as an option for when we're more desperate for information.
Aye, I'd be leavin' it fer later, lass. Be different if she ha' an aggressor for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
You speak for the rest of the crew now, do you? If I "slipped up" by asking a question, then please, by all means lynch me for showing curiosity.

No one's asked me, but I'll avoid Rikae and her attempt to distract me and say it anyway; while I don't at all advocate mass double-lynching, I think in this case, with Greenie claiming to be our Spy, it could be a good idea. If she is the Spy, she can't help us with her role any more, and either way we get information on Nerwen.
Shark Tooth be still a'carryin' on wi' his pecul'ar lay o' double-killin' th' powder-monkey. He be gettin' main agitated too.

So be th' Cabin Boy:

Quote:
Ease off a point! Who be accusin' of ye?

Quote:
Arrrr, ye be close to a known innocent at this point, so, if ye say so, I will let him be for now, although he literally begs for me vote.
Nay, ye'd best be makin' up yer own mind. I ha' no special knowledge o' yon gunner's role, remember. I were but sayin' that his confusion 'bout yer "confessin'" seemed to ha' nowt in't to me.

EDIT:X'd wi' a host.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-16-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #275
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Well, I be votin' now. I'm awrful suspicious of Annu, but I'm gonna put it off until tomorrer, so:

++Mira
Old 06-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #276
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Mac

I've got to vote now.
He feels the foulest of the three, for previously stated reasons.

X'd with Gwath.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #277
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Why so sure about Mira's role?
I'm not. As you can see from my list up there, I don't know about her at all. But she will most probably be modfired, so she will be dead anyway. Why waste the lynch opportunity?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #278
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Mac, you should know better. We'd still have the opportunity, and when we could better use it (sorry, too tired for attempting pirate speak).

If we lose 2 people today (or 3 today/tonight) instead of 1 (or 2), if we're lucky, we're getting rid of an aggressor, but if we're not - we're losing two innocents. We're already probably losing one (because an aggressor would be less likely to quit).

If we lose 2 innocents in a day, that's one less day until the aggressors can win - and our odds of lynching one of them get better later in the game. Think about it - it just doesn't make sense to have 2 deaths on Day 2, when we're basically clueless, and lose the possibility of a day n that we might need.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #279
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm not. As you can see from my list up there, I don't know about her at all. But she will most probably be modfired, so she will be dead anyway. Why waste the lynch opportunity?~Mac
We're technically not wasting one though, we are just delaying the oppurtunity for a day. We're really just looking at the same thing from two different ways...either we take the oppurtunity today, lynch someone else and lose Mira (that amounts to a doube lynching) as well as all likely hood losing someone else at night from the wolf kill. Or we pass the oppurtunity, but gain it back by avoding losing 2 people in one day, and thus gain the oppurtunity back.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #280
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Nerwen -> Inzy
Mith -> Nogrod
Annu -> Shasta
Rikae -> Shasta (2)
Kath -> Annu
Eomer -> Mira
Shasta -> Rikae
Wilwa -> Eonwe
Rikae -- Shasta (1) -> Mira (2)
Nogrod -> Eomer
Mac -> Eomer (2)
Boro -> Mira (3)