The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #161
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Will that represent a sixnificant development Esty or would it be part of a long defeat?
No doubt it would become a thread of such might that not seven the Barrow-Wight could stop it.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #162
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
I predict that WereWolf XXIX (29): Johnny Depp the Werewolf Strikes will have 78 participants, but the wolves will win because all 10 shirrifs will come forward on Day 1, everyone will try a mass lynching on that day, resulting in 57 deaths, but only two out of the 8 werewolves die. That night, five innocents die(from Werewolves, Black Beorning, Vampire, and two other undecided special characters), leaving 8 wolves and 8 innocents; Wolves Win!

The shortness of the game causes a complete collapse in it's popularity. The next game(WW XXX: Not for Virgin Eyes!) has 5 participants.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 AM   #163
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I'm pretty certain that Werewolf Fever will die down now that so many of us students have been forced to return to learning institutions. Games will probably die out in maybe a few months, before erupting again in the Summer holidays.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #164
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddie
TGWBS is crushed because he discovers the word "Quenya" has six letters, not four.
Hehe. I've already gotten round that, as you noted. However, in the tengwar, Quenya actually only has four letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enca
No doubt it would become a thread of such might that not seven the Barrow-Wight could stop it.
No, the Barrow-Weight will indeed be powerless. I'll warrant the thread will come nine to vanquishing him.

I predict that TGWBS, Mith, Oro, Wilwa, Beth and Alca constantly hijacking the Signatures thread for debates on French grammar will be attacked by a mod. The aforementioned will therefore form a Francophonic Union, the F.A. (which would also stand for Fumbledo- Sorry, Frodo's Army) to protect their French-speaking rights.

TGWBS will quickly realised the power of Unions after a week long boycott of the Books forum, and form his own Quenya Union to protect the rights of Quenya speakers all over the site.

The B-W will lose patience will the Unions, declare himself Unquestionable Ruler of All the Downs, dissolve the Unions under punishment of banning, and restore peace and order to the land.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:22 PM   #165
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf My 400th Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I predict that TGWBS, Mith, Oro, Wilwa, Beth and Alca constantly hijacking the Signatures thread for debates on French grammar will be attacked by a mod.
Actually, for me it was Latin, not French.

I predict that the Francophonic Union and the Latin League will form a loose alliance, the Romance Language League of Unions, and will annex Announcements and Obituaries. However, their invasion plans will be halted by the Barrow-Wight's power.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:50 PM   #166
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

I predict that this thread will move on to a 10th page and then grow and grow until it becomes a thread of Crazy Captions proportions. By then, Crazy captions will be it's own country as will The Isle of Werewolves.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #167
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
I predict that this thread will move on to a 10th page and then grow and grow until it becomes a thread of Crazy Captions proportions. By then, Crazy captions will be it's own country as will The Isle of Werewolves.
ah the wonderous land of captions, where Gandalf roams un-cloaked and is know as Gandalf the Creepy Uncle, and where PJ frolics with Gimli, and Aragorn runs into glass elevators, they were truly magical times...but then... the pixilated oliphaunts came and Denethor blamed it on the toaster
Old 09-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #168
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I predict that I will eventually talke part in the CbC threads. Eventually.....

I also predict that Gil and I will stop dragging everyone's name who participates actively in the Fourtunately/Unfourtunately thread.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-21-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:31 AM   #169
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I predict that the hostility created in the "Favourite Hobbit" thread between the Bilbo and Sam camps will spread like wildfire. Eventually, the entire Tolkien community will be engulfed in this debate, and will be further divided into one of four groups, namely:
Wingers - Bilbo
Wingers - Sam
Non-Wingers - Bilbo
Non-Wingers - Sam.

Bethberry with delete all her "Unforbidden" threads (except the RPG, obviously).

Morm will teach his baby all about LotR before she can walk. She will be able to quote the Silmarillion at six.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 AM   #170
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I predict that LOTR Survivor will move on to a 12th page. I also predict that I'll be getting rid of Celeborn in the next few days and have my RETRIBUTION!!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #171
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

I predict that one day, The Barrow Wight will encourage all Downers to save up money in order to buy our own little country and make it all Shire-e. Or Rivendel-e. Either way, there will be a Green Dragon inn, where people will have to narrate their every action. Like so;

"I walked into the inn and sat down at the table. I looked down at the questionable meal that the barmaid had just brought me and frowned. The Green Dragon's food had been going down lately and the staff were beginning to resemble frogs [... ... ... ... ...] I awoke several hour later with a throbbing pain in my head, it was dark outside."
Old 09-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #172
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Oddwen, the art psychic

Quote:
THE Ka's work "The Jester" is noticed by a very influential art critic, and eventually ends up in the Louvre and becomes the eighth wonder of the world, reckoned only after André the Giant.

Enca, while walking down the street in her hometown, is recognized as the face of the Jester, and becomes one of those high-society types gorging herself on wine and cheese. She eventually dies due to a tin of bad caviar.

HEY! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YET!

How... How?! Have you been paying my brother to sneak into my portfolio and tell you about my latest work?!

Ah! Fine then! I'll become the next Rossetti and won't exhibit any of my current works, then when I finally die at the wonderful age of 40, from a self-performed surgical accident while giving a lecture on The Pub Beautiful, I'll leave all of it to an obscure poet, or just have it donated to The Downs to decorate our future forum's country/island.

How did you know I was working on 'a' jester?!

~ Nervous disorder Aesthete
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #173
Gil-Galad

Glirdan will over use the word Retribution and nobody will like it anymore
Old 09-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #174
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Glirdan will over use the word Retribution and nobody will like it anymore

Frankly, I've never liked it.

It's too 'black and white' for a Socratic method, which I prefer. Having someone admit their wrong, then strive with others to fix it is much more enjoyment.

~Aesthete
Old 09-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #175
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

~less than a year from now:

I sue the Barrowdowns for my soul back.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #176
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I predict that I will eventually last over three Days in a WW game and that when I tell the village I'm innocent, they'll believe me!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:23 AM   #177
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Prediction.

Foresight came upon me, and I saw that soon, I shall develop a technique to remove unwanted alter-egos from someone's brain.

Your days are numbered, Adam Smith.

Just try me, Nilpaurion Felagund.

On a totally unrelated note, some of the greatest Werewolf players will meet in Stockholm for the 1st Annual Real-Life Tol-in-Gaurhoth: The Isle of Werewolves game, moderated by His Wightyness. The participants will soon break down due to a lack of posts to analyse during the NIGHT, and this will result in a total bloodbath--gamewise, that is.

For the first time, a moderator will be able to say, MODERATOR WINS! He ends up taking the prize of $750 and a Barrowdowns T-shirt.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #178
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Nilp will continue posting links to huge non-mammals whenever they are mentioned in a thread.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #179
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

One day, some of the Barrow Downs dreams will start to come true!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #180
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by Glirdan:

Quote:
I predict that I will eventually last over three Days in a WW game and that when I tell the village I'm innocent, they'll believe me!!!!
This sounds exactly like a certain other Downer who than stabbed the innocent villagers in the back when they finally believed his cries of innocence.

Therefore, I predict that the villagers will most likely not be taking anyone's word without any evidence supporting it anytime soon.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #181
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Rather than buying a country for all the Downers, the Great and Powerful Barrow-Wight will merely relocate us all to Germany, in a remote castle. Once there, we will be free to dress in-character, and wander around doing our own Downer-bred version of LARP.

And then, the fun begins...

In a bid for power, I will attempt to oust the Great Wight from his throne (I am prone to attempting oustings and coups). No one will join my cause, however, and I will be locked away in the Darkest of Dungeons, my name never to be uttered again. You will all laugh at me once a year, as well, in honor of the Wight's victory over the Nameless One.

This series of events will all occur starting on May 7th, 2008-and continue until the Downfall of the Wight (see Book XIII of "Downer Mythology and Prophecy").
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #182
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf Link link link!

Quote:
Nilp will continue posting links to huge non-mammals whenever they are mentioned in a thread. (short guy)
Hehe, just slugs, snakes and frogs. But I do mammals too, foxes/wolves and racoons only, though.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 09-21-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:05 AM   #183
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Leaf

When the Barrow Wight becomes Lord master of the World and all the surounding islands, he'll order some scientists to resurect Tolkien so he can teach us all Qwenya. And tell us if those Balrogs have wings.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #184
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

trying to resurect this topic

One day, the Forums will be so massive, that there is at least one Wight's birthday everyday of the year!
Old 09-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #185
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Semi-prediction, semi-request.

His Barrowship will somehow create a Deathday Icon with names at the bottom of the BD homepage to accompany (or replace) the Birthdays.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #186
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
I predict there will be a WWXI

oh, and Bethberry will turn Rohan into the BD's first interactive theme park!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #187
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Gasp!

Gil-Galad predicted I'd return and start a major reform. Amazing, I plan to restore Quotes to its former glory and I doubt anybody can steal my self-proclaimed title of 'King of Quotes'.

Anyway I predict that Sleepy Ranger will stay this time and not mysteriously vanish for long periods of time any more. I also predict that within a week Sleepy Ranger will be back to posting where ever he feels like. I also predict that nobody will break Sleepy Ranger's 9 second record.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:05 PM   #188
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Leaf

In regards to Sleepy's avatar; I predict that player 2 will win the game of pong.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #189
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien MY 100th Post

Happy 100 post to me ! ! !

I am so happy!

and what is this? with this post i suddenly get the abilety to see in to the future of the downs.

And here is the first sight allready: It is me, no longer am i to be that anoying newbie, with the stupid/easy questions. I am going to be that anoying pseudo-newbie with the stupid/easy questions.

And even futher into the future: my rep points is rising and rising! what a joy!
See i am siting on High Taniquetil, having sophist. . . ehm. Conversations with such admirebel people as:

The Perky Ent
Gil-Galad -The ever loveable (They will be there to at this point)
the guy who be short
The Only Real Estel
and
The Saucepan Man

(Just to mention some)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #190
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Gil-Galad -The ever loveable
Flattery will get you no where...except a new car!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #191
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I will manage a French siggy that is... wait for it... perfectly accurate in every way. As a result, Mith, Wilwa et al will allow me into the clandestine French movement on the Downs that is plotting to usurp English as the primary language used here.

Yes, I do know you exist. So there. Let me in!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #192
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

One day The Saucepan Man will pull a phantom/Eomer and play us all for fools as he wins a WW game as a wolf.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #193
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

One day a genie or other magical person will find the "Be careful what you wish for" thread and start granting random wishes for real!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #194
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
I will manage a French siggy that is... wait for it... perfectly accurate in every way. As a result, Mith, Wilwa et al will allow me into the clandestine French movement on the Downs that is plotting to usurp English as the primary language used here.

Yes, I do know you exist. So there. Let me in!
I don't think so buddy. You just revealed our plan. Now the whole thing is ruined.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #195
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
One day, someone other than me will come back after two year's absence, read the first post, the sentence 'I believe BW is going to retire next year and leave the place to Sharku', panic, post desperate messages, and made a general fool. Again, OTHER THAN ME. 0_0 Then I might feel better.
Eorl of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #196
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
will allow me into the clandestine French movement on the Downs that is plotting to usurp English as the primary language used here.
Don't you know? Francophilia is the new Quenya...

~ mal du siecle Ka

Yes, I am taking french classes, taught by a teacher who hops across the classroom sometimes... Very odd.

I predict that within the next three years, we will see a rise and demand for barrowdowns head ornaments or tracking devices to better spot a fellow member the next time you're out on the town.

That is all.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #197
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I predict that the Wolves ing both the WW and WWJ game will win. Again....
Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 AM   #198
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel
One day The Saucepan Man will pull a phantom/Eomer and play us all for fools as he wins a WW game as a wolf.
Do you realize the horrors of this, Estel?

Of course you don't. After all, you were instrumental in Eomer's victory...you, you, traitor, you.

I suppose in doing the latter he'll need someone as treacherous - I mean cobblerish as you were. And someone who will desperately try to convince the villagers of his lycanthropy, but unsuccessfully...like someone I know.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 10-02-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #199
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Of course you don't. After all, you were instrumental in Eomer's victory...you, you, traitor, you.
You'll never let me foget that, will you Lhuna?

But I'm sure eventually Saucie will find a way to do the same thing...if he's not doing it now. I've had him wrongly pegged as a 'helpful wolf' several times already-eventually I'll be right.

Oh, and I predict that someone will stumble onto Fea's drawing of 'Wolf Eomer' and offer to buy it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:20 AM   #200
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
You'll never let me forget that, will you Lhuna?
Of course not, Estel dear. I fully intend to make you and your conscience suffer as much as I did - still do.

Oh, and I predict that soon there will be another Downs 'photo album' thanks to Enca and her bright ideas, as well as to those who jumped into her bandwagon. Of course, some BDers will be portrayed more than once, and differently in each. Like a wolf-Eomer, Eomer in a kilt and with bagpipes, Eomer with a warg, and Eomer with Biff. Or maybe all of them at once.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 10-04-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote