The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Brinn for Sally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn 2˝ hours before her votepost
I'll lurk around for another hour or so and see if I can get any sort of hunches that could lead to a vote aside from randomness
Interestingly not contributing anything meanwhile...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn voting Sally
Everyone else shall be victim to my randomness. Crap, I really hate doing this but I suppose it's better than no vote at all. Either way someone's gonna hate me for it.

Meh, she won't mind too much (err...or at least I hope not).
Not good. Not good at all.

Shasta for Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta's second post
Have we got a bilge rat of a Nogrod picking fights and causing dissension? I'll have you keelhauled, just you wait, if you keep this up.
In his third (and last) post he voted me with no comments whatsoever considering his vote.

Three posts all of them basiclly oneliners. First a rant, second the one I quoted above and the last saying too much rum and going to be more active toMorrow. Anyone thinking that's an effort worth survival? I'm not.

Nilp for Nilp
The famous self-vote. Could be anything. Annoys me a lot - like it always does.

Rune for Izzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune choosing from a list of six
Of these Isabel seems to be the most careful. . .could be a sign of an evil doer trying not to expose her self. (Or it could just be a day 1 post)

So basicly this vote is 98% random.
Why did you need to add that last one about 98% random? That is suspicious indeed.

Wilwa for Eomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
So I have to vote now. I won't vote for anyone who hasn't posted, anyone who is new, anyone who has only posted little ones like myself (don't want to be hypocritical), or anyone who has already gotten a vote (don't want to start a chain or anything) . So I believe that leaves (and doing this off by memory to save the little time I have): Legate, Rune and Eomer. Rune, I have to admit that I love him, haven't played with him in a very long time, so I don't want to vote for him. So between Eomer and Legate, I shall toss a coin. Heads Legate, Tails Eomer.
Sorry! Process of elimination really and then some randomness
Interesting covering up of the motives here. A bit to careful to my taste.

Sally for Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I just can't help thinking there are darker motives at work with Cap'n Nog.
Like? Where did you get that idea? No outspoken reason whatsoever but I already had one vote and the wolves would urely like to see me off... Right? I really dislike her vote. But as there is no reason given it's hard to point out the fault other than a possible malicious intent.

Lhuna for Legate
She has been consistently after Legate the whole Day. I wouldn't want to lose Legate on Day1 without a good reason but she seems persistent. It might be a wolf playing it consistently & intelligently - but if she is she deserves to play more than those innocents who do nothing. So I'm not going to vote for Lhuna toDay.

EDit: X'd with a few...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #82
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hmm, given my lack of posting toDay perhaps I'll let Nog get away with that earlier comment ... my day got a bit full!

But I'll have a wander through the thread and give my thoughts in a bit, assuming I'm right about it being a 9pm deadline for BST. I'm a little worried by this Nog bandwagon. For all that it would be a calmer, quieter game without him I don't particularly see why he's suddenly garnered all these votes. Back in a few.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #83
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
What a nice vision
Note that he's phantasizing, as opposed to fantasising (looks a bit wrong to me, but I'm sure that's the correct spelling, at least for us Engliscan-folc).

I feel like I want to make a list, but I'm really not sure what I think about people yet- toDay is Day 1, and an exceptionally quiet one at that. We still have half an hour, as I make it.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Note that he's phantasizing, as opposed to fantasising (looks a bit wrong to me, but I'm sure that's the correct spelling, at least for us Engliscan-folc).
"ph" is Greek original, "f" is English (or is it just American?).
Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #85
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Kent, Rune might have said 98% random but I didn't take that seriously. He seemed to choose Isabellkya because of her careful opening post. Rune was looking for a standard wolf/ringwraith introduction and Isa's fit the bill.

Nothing Isabellkya has posted since has suggested that Rune is way off the mark, at least to me. She isn't really mentioning suspects and seems way too careful thus far.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #86
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Legate.
What else do you expect me to do while I catch up on the missed material? Simply read it, and act like it was never spoken? xD

Nog - he is his usual self, and I haven't found anything suspicious with him.

Nilp. He is quiet, and he voted for himself. Usual behavior, I'm not suspicious toDay.

Kent. Not toDay. I don't get how the whole deal making works into the game, and finding the Wraiths. Though I've learned my lesson, and will watch him - since he can be tricksy.

Shasta - I've got my eye on you, like I said I would. If your participation doesn't bolster up, you most likely will get my vote toMorrow; if I'm still alive and there isn't a better candidate.

Rune. I don't believe I've ever played with him before, so I can't judge what is typical behavior and what is not. Watching.

Legate and Eomer - I keep reading their posts as from the same author for some reason. They/him make logical points, though they/him seem to be hovering a bit.

Sally. Oh dear. She is Sally. While I don't like her vote for Nog. I'm just going to watch.

Wilwa, Kath, Brin, Nienna. I've no idea. Quiet. I think Brin is the only typical loud one of the four. Will watch for now.

Nerwen, Lhuna, Eonwe, Groin - no idea really.

X'd since Nienna's #80. Fixed a rogue tag error.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Nothing Isabellkya has posted since has suggested that Rune is way off the mark, at least to me. She isn't really mentioning suspects and seems way too careful thus far.
And sadly she's not the only one doing exactly that.

If everyone suspected others openly we might start to build the pieces of the puzzle but if they are just nice and jovial not suspecting anyone they sail freely through the Day.

That's the problem.

EDIT: X'd yet again in a grand style... good to hear your thoughts Izzy.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #88
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Not good. Not good at all.
It might even (if we were to take take it a little extremely) be a wolf apologising to another wolf for having to vote the other to distance themselves.
However, at the very least it looks suspicious. She's also trying to apologise for her voting. Very bad (and wolfish) move, as well as making it seem light.
By the way, I'm referring to Brinn voting Sally here, as it doesn't seem too clear.

Quote:
Well yes, I knew that, I was just commenting on how its resemblance certain locquacious (that's an understatement) Downer's name, i.e. "phantasizing" (That might make it clearer)

edit: x-ed avec Izzy et Nog
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #89
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
I was not speaking about Kath either. I was speaking generally. I simply agree with the fact that quiet people are no good, but of course, they may have their reasons. But they need to have the reasons. Somebody is busy toDay, okay, I can pardon him, but if he keeps doing that with no particular reason, I am on Nog's side. I am here for the DL, so I can wait, if I wanted to vote somebody quiet, until the very end of the Day if somebody who posted nothing before does not post something of substance (especially after being warned or such).

As to who that would be... well, I am still thinking of Isabellkya. She might be as well my pick #1 for toDay. But still a short time till DL.

EDIT: x-ed with Isabellkya and Kent
I see. . . so you are a moderate version of Nogrod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
++Rune

I disagree with Eomer that Rune's vote was the only "sensible" one of the bunch. Rune said his vote was 98% random, how is that sensible? Also, his reason for voting Izzy was she feels 'too careful?' I know now not to expect much out of Day 1 reasons, but I am more worried about someone slapping on a general feeling of uneasiness, then a random early vote, or people making role-playing posts.
Quote:

Rune for Izzy
Why did you need to add that last one about 98% random? That is suspicious indeed.
I shall answer these two together.

I wrote 98% random, because that is essentially what it is!
I felt that Isabel's post seemed very controlled and carefull, but this is based on 1 single post, that hardly makes a proper case. . .

In my post you could read my selection prosses: I had no proper suspects and did not think I could make it back before the deadline. So I had to decide between not voting or making an early voted based on very little evidence, I chose the latter. Then I decided to go for the posts which I had felt indifferent about upon first reading, you know. . . taking a close look at the ones where nothing catched your eye at first. Here I noticed that Isabel's post seemed sort of fabricated.

So there is reasoning behind it, but it is vote based on so little that I would call it a quite random vote.

EDIT: Cross Posted with plenty of people. . .since post 84 or so

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #90
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Ancient Greek? I can't remember "ph" nor "h" being in the old Greek alphabet, but F is there for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Legate.
What else do you expect me to do while I catch up on the missed material? Simply read it, and act like it was never spoken? xD
No, of course you may agree on what's been said if you do agree, that's certain. However, don't you have any contributive thoughts of your own? After you spend the time with reading all that's been posted, don't you have anything else to add?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #91
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Kent, Rune might have said 98% random but I didn't take that seriously. He seemed to choose Isabellkya because of her careful opening post. Rune was looking for a standard wolf/ringwraith introduction and Isa's fit the bill.

See that is what I should have wrote, a much better and shorter explanation than the one I just gave.

Anyways I guess it comes down to my use of the word "random"

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #92
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Brinn -> Sally
Shasta -> Nogrod
Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Isabellkya
Wilwa -> Eomer
Sally -> Nogrod 2
Lhuna -> Legate
Kent -> Rune
Nienna -> Sally 2

Of those who have garnered votes this far I'd be most happy to vote for Sally basically for bandwaggoning an innocent.

Other ideas? Lots of votes yet to come...
Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #93
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When I add my own thoughts - seems to be the "new" thing to commit it to 'careful' and 'contrived'... or even 'fabricated'.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #94
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I see. . . so you are a moderate version of Nogrod?
Yes, "Nogrod with human face"

Anyway... as for my voting... I might as well go with my vote for Isabellkya now and be done with it, because I can already see the mass floodposting coming in the last few minutes... but then again, if Nogrod was to be lynched, I would not like to see him go now, so maybe I should hold to see...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Now what is this "hide and seek"?

If you're online come forwards and share your thoughts!

The wolves would love to sneak around and watch and only act when they know how things are going. As they know what is a good ´result and which is not.

So come forwards. Now!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #96
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Ancient Greek? I can't remember "ph" nor "h" being in the old Greek alphabet, but F is there for certain.
I think he's referring to the letter "Phi", which we transliterate as "ph" (making the "f" sound), though it may have been pronounced as "ph"(as opposed to "f") in ancient (classical) times.

Anyway, this is no time for philology...
Old 05-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #97
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, but let's give it a basis then. I guess the floodposting won't do any good anyway.

++Isabellkya

And here we go.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #98
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't think I would vote for Sally, unless it was to save Nog from being lynched.

Then again. Lately when I've found her to be suspicious - she has been innocent. So now that I question my thoughts on her, I'm not sure what to think really. I find her suspicious, yet should I reverse it, and think her innocent? No, not comfortable with voting for Sally. Don't want to be responsible for her death again so soon. Though don't have a problem with it, if it means saving Nog whom I think more innocent than she.

Wont vote for myself for obvious reasons.

Won't vote for Nilp, because I'm not suspicious.

Eomer, Legate and Rune it would leave; if I wanted to keep my vote in those already voted for. I'm not comfortable voting with any really; as I don't have strong suspicions for any.

X'd with Legate x2, Eonwe and Nog.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Others than Sally I dislike Shasta's vote & overall play toDay (three oneliners).

Also Brinn's actions raise an eyebrow. Wilwa's avoiding of any commitment looks bad also.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #100
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Kent. Not toDay. I don't get how the whole deal making works into the game, and finding the Wraiths. Though I've learned my lesson, and will watch him - since he can be tricksy.
Might be trying to throw us off the scent or just messsing with our minds. Anyway, I haven't played with him before so I have no idea how he plays.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #101
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

If permitted tomorrow, I will of course go over the votes in more detail; but for now allow a quick description.

Sally's for Nogrod: dodgy vote, and suspicious.

Lhuna for Legate: that's ok.

Kent for Rune: disagree with it, but wouldn't say it's dodgy.

Nienna for Sally: understandable.

Legate for Isabellkya: also understandable.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Then again. Lately when I've found her to be suspicious - she has been innocent. So now that I question my thoughts on her, I'm not sure what to think really. I find her suspicious, yet should I reverse it, and think her innocent? No, not comfortable with voting for Sally.
You're just describing me and Rune...
Old 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #103
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Listy listy. One day I'll learn to do something more interesting.

Eomer - I love the first post. That said, banter. Ha, Eomer thought the same about Leggy's speaky uppy bit. Fair point about Nog. Keen on Eomer right now, he's thinking along the same lines. Probably means he's a wolf but there you go. Doesn't like wilwa's reasons for eliminating people, fair enough. List. Innocent: Shasta, Nilp, Rune. Guilty: Brinn, wilwa, Legate, Nienna. Ish. Feels there are dodgy votes, but then they were the early votes, and they're usually pretty odd.

Legate - basically ... excuse me but I can't really remember how any of you play. Dear oh dear, I'll need some leeway for that. Followed by please talk all, not that he'd said much yet. List away! Innocent: Nienna, Rune. Everyone he's not sure.

Shasta - banter. Votes Nog with no reasoning. Not keen. If you can vote you can give a reason. I don't care if it's a rubbish reason but I want one.

Nog - *sigh* The usual. I think trying to help Kent understand about 'deals'. Came across a little telling-off style but actually made sense. Lists every single person in the game and says he might vote for them, therefore entirely pointless. There's posting for the sake of posting you know Nog. Ah arguing with him would be a joyous thing to do, but a waste of time, so I won't. Now Nienna looks better, despite the fact that since he left all she did was argue with him not post anything actually game related. Brinn and wilwa worse.

wilwa - ... interesting. Not her usual style. Votes Eomer via elimination. My usual style so I can't complain!

Nienna - argues with Nog. I really wouldn't. It'll just make it like every single other Day one in every single other game he plays.

Rune - haha, same for Rune as Eomer actually. Says Nog seems more aggressive than usual. Bit of a flip flop on what he thinks about Legate. First likes his list, then says inconsistent in the space of two posts. Lists people he hasn't got a read on, votes Izzy for being careful.

Nerwen - says be suspicious of Brinn for random vote. Legate inconsistent but sally still suspicious.

Lhuna - has no worries about Nog. Joking suspicion of Legate.

Izzy - remembers the old adage that two warring people are more than likely to be innocents, and it is worth remembering.

sally - bit worried about Nog it seems. Clearly I missed something major regarding the last game. Not keen on Rune either it seems.

Brinn - no one is allowed to vote Brinn! She's had bad times and we want to cheer her up not make it worse. Votes sally randomly having limited the numbers.

Nilp - votes himself, and Nog complains about everyone else being predictable!

Hmm, I'm out of time. Will post this now and then vote.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #104
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Anyone got a vote count handy?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #105
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'd like to save Nogrod so I will most likely vote for Isabellkya or Sally, and I'm glad it's down to those two as they are both suspicious-looking to me anyway.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #106
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Sally, I don't think now is a good time for lists. Only 3 minutes till DL!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #107
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A three way tie. I'm tempted to leave it this way.
Because tie's are always fun to watch get rolled.

Then it would be a more random Day one lynching.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #108
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Brinn -> Sally
Shasta -> Nogrod
Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Isabellkya
Wilwa -> Eomer
Sally -> Nogrod 2
Lhuna -> Legate
Kent -> Rune
Nienna -> Sally 2
Legate -> Izzy 2
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
A three way tie. I'm tempted to leave it this way.
That's bad...
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #110
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pfft. Wrong push of a button.

++ Sally

Sorry dear. I would rather vote for you; compared to myself or Nog.

X'd since my last post, and corrected an M with an N.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #111
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Given Izzy's post I'll vote her. An innocent shouldn't risk such a thing.

++IZZY
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #112
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++isabellkya
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #113
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Argh cross- posted!

EDIT: Phew, Eomer.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #114
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Like I said: floodposting...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #115
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Well, lets see. We have a three way tie. If people are just going to go last minute crazy then I don't know what'll happen. I don't want to kill Nog yet, and I've been killing Sally off too much in the past when she's innocent, so

++Izzy

edit: x-ed since Nog's #108
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #116
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bye bye village,. Such bad wolfies they are.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++ Sally

EDIT: Dang... I hoped I was in time... but it seems I was not.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #118
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya

End of Day1, stop posting.

Isabellkya was lynched.

I will check the votes now and then reveal her role, because due to me spending the past hour or so studying and MSNing instead of sketching a narration, it won't be ready very soon...

Ringwraiths, you may start plotting and then send me your pick. Gifteds, you may submit picks too.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #119
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night2 falls

"What a distasteful deed, truly!"
"Could there be a greater mark of dishonor than killing the hostess?"
"My my my, what a terrible happening."

The guests were appalled at the horror of the nightly deed. Most of them, at least. Some of them let their misantrophic tendencies to show instead:

"I should think, if we are to be slaughtered, that we won't be a great loss..." Eomer muttered. " So, now, let's see, kill all humans, yes, well..."

But sooner rather than later, they started discussing the actual matters at hand: Kent tried to make mysterious deals with King Legate, Sally and Nilp planned an elopment and Eönwë, Legate and Nogrod debated about philology. Captain Nogrod also attacked the quiet so ferociously that the others nicknamed him "zealot". Some also promoted the pirate dialect and Queen Nerwen even started singing drinking songs. In the end, however, they decided somebody had better ”walk the plank” (as Nienna would have phrased it), and unfortunately for her, that somebody was to be Lady Isabellkya.

She faced her doom with a calm. ”Bye bye”, she said, when Rune, Legate, Kath, Eomer and Eönwë stabbed her with knives they had found from the kitchen.

Isabellkya lay unmoving on the floor and nothing happened.
”Now what is this supposed to tell us?” wondered Shasta.
”Plain enough!” said Brinn. ”She was innocent, so the murderer is somebody else. I say we kill Sally too.”
”Good idea!” agreed Nienna.
”Yarr,” echoed Nogrod, but his voice was lost in the noise that started at the other end of the room.

”You shall definitely not kill anyone else today!” Lord Thinroz shouted, standing up and walking to his guests. ”There has been enough innocent blood today and I will tolerate no more killing in this house. Go to sleep!”

Frightened and baffled by the sudden outburst, the lords and sorcerers exchanged sheepish glances and retreated to their bedrooms.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1

Alive
Kath
Nienna - pirate
Kent2010 - Black Númenórean scam artist
Legate of Amon Lanc - rebelling Haradian King
Nogrod - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Nilpaurion Felagund - fussy courtier
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Groin Redbeard - Variag Warlord of Khand
satansaloser2005
Eönwë
Brinniel

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-03-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #120
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Day2 dawns

Once again, the four met in the moonlit salon. One of them had the four swords with him.
”It was not too difficult to find them... that silly woman had locked them up with brooms and other cleaning equipment,” he chuckled.
”I hope you at least left a dead chicken there to scare her, or something,” one of his allies said in a rather sarcastic tone, picking his sword.
”There are no chickens on this island,” a third one observed in a just as critical tone, taking his sword too.
The last one thought the discussion was not even worth continuing, and picked his sword in silence.

The first one, now holding only his own sword, swung it in a beautiful arch. ”So, who shall we get rid of tonight?”

~*~

In the morning, all of the guests - save one poor soul - woke up and walked downstairs just like the morning before. And just like the morning before, there was a body on the table, four cuts on the right arm.

”Spooky,” Nienna the pirate said with a shiver.
”Interesting,” observed Rune the sorceror.
”Disgusting!” exclaimed the queens Lhuna and Nerwen in unison.

And poor Kath, the body on the table, did not say anything at all.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Kent2010 - Black Númenórean scam artist
Legate of Amon Lanc - rebelling Haradian King
Nogrod - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Nilpaurion Felagund - fussy courtier
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Groin Redbeard - Variag Warlord of Khand
satansaloser2005
Eönwë
Brinniel

Day2 has started. Everybody, feel free to talk. Hunter, feel free to change your pick at any point suitable for you.