The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2000, 08:48 AM   #1
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring What are you most looking forward to seeing?

<BR>Personally, I am looking forward with eager anticipation and high hopes for great movies. <br> <br> I am most eager to see the Nazgul brought to life in all of their cinematic glory. Done properly, the Nine could make the most fearsome (and yet somehow cool) henchmen since Darth Vader. A close second is the battle of Helm's Deep. I can't wait to see thousands of Orcs storming through the valley, pushing siege engines and the like before them, while the defenders rain down arrows on them. This battle will surely constitute a major setpiece of The Two Towers.<br> <br> What are you looking forward to? <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 11:21 AM   #2
dogtrot
Animated Skeleton

dogtrot has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I too am looking forward to the battle scenes. I have sat through many a terrible film just to see life size siege battles with lots o'hack and slash. But the thing i want see most in this particular film is the scouring of the shire, guess i'll have to wait a long time since it will be in the last one(hopefully). this is a daily choice though right? i am sure i will think of something else. <p></p>
dogtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 01:00 PM   #3
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> somewhere i read that peter jackson is going to show sauron<br> i would really like to know how sauron would look like<br> and id want to see more than a red eye <p></p>

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 02:25 PM   #4
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> NOT ME! <p></p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 08:28 PM   #5
gamegie
Wight

gamegie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I think he will have to show Sauron for the interest of the film. Showing eyes only might appear a little boring in film...<br> <br> I look forward to seeing Treebard and the Entmoot, how PJackson is going to create the Lothlorien especially the tree where Celeborn and Galadriel live and the part with the ranger of Ithilien and Gollum fishing in Faramir's secret lake.<br> <br> Sorry too many to mention, but I will be keeping a keen eye open for this topic. <p>Charming Humble Hobbit</p>
gamegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2000, 02:11 AM   #6
Wizard of the Secret Fire
Pile O'Bones

Wizard of the Secret Fire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> The Ents, The Balrog, Lothlórien, Moria, the Battles and of course Gollum. <p><HR> "You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor." <br> Usually guarding <a href="http://www.theoldforest.cjb.net">The Old Forest website</a>.<br> Walk into the mystical Forest, find everything you need about Tolkien,<br> or about the new Lord of the Rings movies.<br> Feel welcome to the ezBoard of the Old Forest, <a href="http://pub9.ezboard.com/btheoldforest29887">The Bonfire Glade</a>.<br> A place for discussions with other Tolkien fans about almost everything.</p></p>
Wizard of the Secret Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2000, 04:51 AM   #7
Suldaledhel
Eru's Gift

Suldaledhel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Yes I want to see Lothlorien as well, but I think the battles and the Nazgul would also top my list. I hope PJ doesnt show us Sauron I that would ruin it, for me at least. Anyway I anticipate the movies with great enthusiasm.<br> I hope the effects are good. The battle at Helms deep should be great!! <p>"There is no God but what cannot be comprehended. There is nothing that cannot be comprehended, but what is not conceivable. There is nothing conceivable but what is immeasurable. There is nothing immeasurable but God. There is no God but what is not concievable." -Ganymede to Arthur </p>
Suldaledhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2000, 03:36 PM   #8
Grand Admiral Reese
Animated Skeleton

Grand Admiral Reese has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Everything. <br> <br> But most of all: The Balrog, Moria, Lothlorien, The Shire, Minas Tirith, the Battle of Helm's Deep, Mount Doom and Barad-dur, the Nine... <p><br>One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to Find them. One Ring to Bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.</br> <br>Administrator @ <a href=http://pub6.ezboard.com/bthegrandadmiralsforums>The Grand Admirals Forums</a>, <a href=http://pub9.ezboard.com/bechostation12>Echo Station 12</a>, <a href=http://pub10.ezboard.com/bb5techforums>The Grey Council Forums</a>. </br> <br>Moderator@<a href=http://pub10.ezboard.com/bwattowattasjediorder>Wattowatt's Jedi Order</a>(Misc.& In Depth Discussions), <a href=http://pub14.ezboard.com/bthegrandmoffsforums>The Grand Moff's Forums</a>, <a href=http://pub17.ezboard.com/bexgalsociety>ExGalSociety</a>, <a href=http://pub22.ezboard.com/bpoliticalpoints75696>Political Points</a>(Opinions, Issues,Candidates forums) </p>
Grand Admiral Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2000, 03:51 AM   #9
Gothmoga
Pile O'Bones

Gothmoga has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I hope they show the ransacking of the bedroom at the PP through the Nazgul's eyes.. night vision.. a bit like that scene from silence of the lambs,,, Bahhh bahhh <p> "They come slowly forth and Glare." <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Creating a Simple link</TITLE></HEAD><A HREF="http://pub23.ezboard.com/bminasmorgul">Minas Morgul,</A></BODY></HTML></p>
Gothmoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2000, 04:15 AM   #10
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> That scene was so hideously ruined in the animated LotR, but it still has great potential.... let's hope PJ get's it right! <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000002>RKittle</A>&nbsp; at: 9/8/00 6:15:41 am<br></i>
Old 09-14-2000, 09:42 PM   #11
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Gwaihir the Windlord has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I want to see the Hobbits. Will they use those fake-looking short people stunping around on their knees, or will they animate slightly better this time? <p>Usually keeping a lookout over <a href="http://pub24.ezboard.com/bmountgundabad">Mount Gundabad</a> and <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi"> The Barrowdowns</a> Middle-Earth Discussion Boards</p>
Gwaihir the Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 10:00 AM   #12
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> They are using special effects to shrink normal sized people and real midgets for stand ins and extras in certain shots. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 09-16-2000, 03:29 AM   #13
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Ring

<BR> re</b><br><br> i think it will be very depressing to see mordor or gorgoroth<br> oh and i want to see ithilien <p></p>

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2000, 04:27 PM   #14
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I am interested in seeing if PJ can pull off conveying the awe and wonder and wisdom that the elves of Middle Earth should inspire in us men...especially with Elrond, Galadriel and Celeborn.<br> <br> BTW...I'm new member #110, BW. You said in another post that you couldn't figure out who I was!! Not sure why. But it is me...Red from Iowa! <br> <br> Red. <p></p>
Old 09-16-2000, 05:30 PM   #15
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I'm looking forward to see how the Nazgul, the Balrog and gollum are gonna look like.<br> I also look forward to see all the Battle-Scenes.<br> and Lothlorien and the shire aso.<br> I just can't wait... <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is,has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 12:05 PM   #16
Hannah Burrows
Animated Skeleton

Hannah Burrows has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>What I'm looking forward to</b><br><br> Bag End, The Long-Expected Party (what are they going to do with the fireworks?), Crickhollow, The scence at the Prancing Pony (actually I just want to see someone vanish but I like the song too), Actually anything to do with the hobbits.<br> Oh, LothLorien! I can't wait to see that! <p></p>
Hannah Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 05:42 PM   #17
htp3d

Ring

<BR><br><br> I agree with Hannah - anything to do with hobbits! I think the battles will be amazing, too, as long as they're not a total gore-fest!. I'm also looking forward to seeing the characters I have grown so fond of come to life. <p></p>
Old 12-12-2000, 01:27 PM   #18
Gandalfer

Ring

<BR> What do you most want to see?</b><br><br> I really want to see elves. Simply that I want to see Legolas and Galadriel with the forests and Rivendell. I like the whole atmosphere behind them and wish to see how they will be brought to life.<br> <br> - Not Idly Do The Leaves Of Lòrien Fall <p></p>
Old 12-12-2000, 10:12 PM   #19
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Ring

<BR> Re: What do you most want to see?</b><br><br> I've always liked Gollum, I want to see him. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 12-13-2000, 06:29 AM   #20
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR> What I want to see</b><br><br> Everything, of course, but I particularly hope that they don't cut out Tom Bombadil completely like Bakshi did. Is there anything known about Bombadil's status? <p></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 06:55 AM   #21
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR> Drat It!</b><br><br> Well, so much for that hopeful thought. <br> <br> At least this time they're doing the whole thing and not stopping halfway through--that nearly killed me! I'll settle for the Shire after the scouring, with the mallorn tree and Elanor (saw a photo--seems she's a bit older in the movie). <p></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 07:51 PM   #22
BilboFrodo
Pile O'Bones

BilboFrodo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Seeing</b><br><br> I'm not going to see them because they will be complete rubbish they can't even get the colour of the door right. Let alone keeping characters. <p></p>
BilboFrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 09:14 PM   #23
BilboFrodo
Pile O'Bones

BilboFrodo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Looking forward to</b><br><br> I'm looking forward to seeing the movie reels being thrown into the bin <p></p>
BilboFrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 09:23 PM   #24
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR> Re: Looking forward to</b><br><br> Sounds like some hobbit we know needs to just stay in his hole next Christmas. <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 01-02-2001, 10:55 PM   #25
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Gwaihir the Windlord has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Elves! I want to see beings of beauty and radiance above the lot of mortals. <p>Gwaihir the Windlord <I><A href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">the barrow-downs</A></I><BR> 'Sing now, ye people of the Tower of Anor,<BR> for the Realm of Sauron is ended for ever,<BR> and the Dark Tower is thrown down.'<BR></p>
Gwaihir the Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 10:08 PM   #26
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Ring

<BR><br><br> I want to see the Nine moving around and being evil. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 02-02-2001, 12:13 AM   #27
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Ring

<BR><br><br> I want to see ents and maybe some olog-hai. and of course all the cool armor and weapons. <p></p>
Orald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 04:38 PM   #28
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Hmm</b><br><br> I want to see Helm's Deep, I think that will be the best battle scene, even above the Pellenor. Looking at the spy pics of the Shire I am also looking forward to Shire scenes; the peaceful NZ countryside will make that look really good. <br> <br> However, If elves don't have pointy ears, balrogs have wings and Tom Bombadil was brought back in as a Maia ( ) then I'd be truly happy. <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 04:56 PM   #29
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> What makes you so sure about balrogs having wings. Elven ears, I agree shouldn't be pointy, but I have trouble believing balrogs have wings. <p></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 06:51 PM   #30
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Geez, Durelen, you can't even recognize a joke when it comes right up to ya and slaps ya in the face! <br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 07:30 PM   #31
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

Ring

<BR>Hmm</b><br><br> but Balrogs do have wings. It looks more devilish. And Elves have pointy ears, just like faeries. Nice piccie, réd. Almost as scary as Gilthalion's <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 08:49 PM   #32
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> Why DNA, though? And red, I never take anything to seriously, or you might say I view everything as a joke. You probably just don't get all the different types of my humor yet, don't worry, some of my friends that I have known all my life still don't. <p></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 08:54 PM   #33
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> Actually I am pretty silly, maybe I am Tom Bombadil. I am the right height, I like to sing, I am not fruity but I am goofy, I never get stories 100% correct, but I remember a lot. The similarities go on. <p></p>
Old 02-02-2001, 09:12 PM   #34
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Do you wear a blue jacket and yellow boots? With a face &quot;as red as a ripe apple&quot;? If so,you may indeed be Tom. <p>Manwë keep you under the One, and send fair wind to your sails. </p>
Old 02-03-2001, 01:52 PM   #35
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> I have yello ski boots and yellow bindings, and after a day of skiing yes. I had a blue colombia ski jacket too, but now i have a sorta khacki colored AE one.<br> <br> As long as Tom went skiing then I very well could be and just not remember. <p></p>
Old 02-03-2001, 04:02 PM   #36
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

Ring

<BR>D and Tom</b><br><br> Jeez. Maybe you should've auditioned for the part of Tom Bombadil before it was cut out and PJ would've left it in so everyone could see what a striking resemblance ot our singing friend you are. <br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;At any rate he was too large and heavy for a hobbit, if not qquite tall enough for one of the Big People...&quot;<hr></blockquote><br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;...with great yellow boots on his thick legs...He had a blue coat and a long brown beard; his eyes were blue and bright, and his face was red as a ripe apple...&quot;<hr></blockquote><br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!<hr></blockquote><br> I hope you don't sing like that, D. And I'm not so sure about the long brown beard part... <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 02-03-2001, 04:51 PM   #37
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> If I grew a beard it would be really scraggly. But I am probably the right size. The men of that time were much taller(at least the edain and numenoreans were) than most people today. Plus I am not even that tall compared to most people today. I don't have blue eyes though. Maybe I should get blue contacts. <p></p>
Old 02-03-2001, 07:53 PM   #38
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

Ring

<BR><br><br> Yes, blue contacts. I suppose you could get a big fake beard, and glue it on. Then you'd have to get a bit of makeup and make yourself look red. <br> <br> Short stuff, eh? <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 02-03-2001, 09:28 PM   #39
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Something wrong with short? I would be closer in that respect to the Rohirrim,myself. And with this post I shall become a wight! Cold be hand and heart and bone........ <p>Those who will defend authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel. </p>
Old 02-03-2001, 10:38 PM   #40
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Ring

<BR><br><br> I didn't say I was short, I am just shorter than the Men of that time. <p></p>