Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #11
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"That's quite all right," Firramer laughed. "Nuru should be along shortly. She promised me she would come, and she said she was bringing a friend."

"Oh, did she?" said Rie with an amused smile. "Have you any idea who this friend is?"

Firramer laughed. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I know who it is. We've going adventuring across Rohan many times before." Memories of swords flashing in the sunlight and the sound of horses hooves thudding as they galloped across the plains came to him and he smiled. Then he remembered a laughing, golden-haired maiden, riding her horse and smiling at him, and he turned away so Rie and Talômi wouldn't see the tears that sprang unbidden to his eyes.

"Firramer, are you all right?" Rie asked, for she was very observant and saw the look that passed across his face.

"Yes, I am," he replied, his voice sounding hoarse. "When Nuru and the other arrive, I'll tell you a little story."

Talômi and Rie were most enthusiastic about this idea, and became a bit impatient for Nuru and the 'other,' as Firramer referred to him, to arrive. Neither of them could deny that they enjoyed a good tale now and then, and from what they had heard from Nuru, Firramer was a master of that art.

The door opened and a little cold breeze passed through the room. Nuru hurried forward and gave Rie, Talômi, and Firramer in turn greeting hugs. "Now, you two," she said with a nod at Rie and Talômi, "this is who I wanted you to meet." She beckoned to the figure still standing in the doorway and he stepped forward, closing the door gently behind him. "Eohsecg," she said, and nothing more.

"I'm pleased to meet you both," he said with a little bow, and smiled widely at Firramer. "Hello, old friend."

"The last time I saw you was when you were just a little boy and I was chosen as your instructor on the art of swords," said Firramer, embracing the man.

"Yes, I well remember those times," Eohsecg replied with a laugh. "I'm now 23 years of age." He turned to the two redheads standing beside him. "But I am rude to you," he said. "I have already given myself a proper introduction, but it is not considered polite to ignore you now."

"Talômi," said the man, with a little nod. "And I am also pleased to meet you."

"Rie," said she, deciding not to bother with giving her full name. Nobody ever called her by her full name anyway. "And please don't think yourself rude. Talômi and myself would never dream of coming between the reunion of two old friends."

"M'lady," said Eohsecg, color coming to his cheeks. He took her hand and lifted it, kissing it gently. "I am pleased to meet you." Rie also blushed. He smiled warmly at her. "Now, Firramer, I propose that I get drinks for us all so we may speak lightly together and become great friends." He quickly counted them. "Five of us." He laughed. "I shall then need some assistance in bringing the drinks back to our little table. Would any of you be so kind as to help me with that small task?"