The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #401
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
Double fail for me... Mira was innocent, and Nogrod was the ranger. Probably it's better for everyone if I stick with other people's suspicions, since mine are downright disastrous.

I'll try to work something out from the voting yesterday, at least... seems it's been figured why Nogrod was lynched instead of Izzy.
(also, it's two days in a row that people go voting who I did after I go to bed... it happened with Fea, then again with Nogrod. Weird, at least )
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #402
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy View Post
Double fail for me... Mira was innocent, and Nogrod was the ranger. Probably it's better for everyone if I stick with other people's suspicions, since mine are downright disastrous.

I'll try to work something out from the voting yesterday, at least... seems it's been figured why Nogrod was lynched instead of Izzy.
(also, it's two days in a row that people go voting who I did after I go to bed... it happened with Fea, then again with Nogrod. Weird, at least )

Nothing's really been figured out. We have speculation and theories, but Shasta's confirmed nothing and, if anything, the revelation that Gwath was in fact lynched randomly detracts from the theory that has been presented. Well, unless you go with my theory (which I'll get to in a bit) which works perfectly. But something tells me you won't like that one. Heh.

Just because your suspicions aren't right doesn't mean you should stop trying. Give us a list or something, just flesh out what you're thinking a bit more, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #403
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
The other thing is that apparently the Queen got blocked. Now, given previous narrations, I think it's safe to say that there's more going on in this game than we had reckoned.

But if the not-dead person was indeed a Black Knight save, that implies that whoever it was was evil. And since the Knight can't protect two days in a row...
So this might be naive to say, but does it really imply that whoever didn't die is therefore evil? Yes it would make more sense for the Black Knight to be protecting the other baddies, but what if xe wasn't? I know its far fetched and such, but it is slightly possible. I have no idea why xe would do it. Maybe the other wolves thought they were safe enough for a Night? Not sure, but there is no assuming there that I can see. In my twisted logic that is.

This is also discounting what others have said about the WQ having the ability to save someone. If that were the case than maybe whoever was the target looked innocent enough to the WQ to save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I know I'm a bit thick but go with me on this one. Day One it was a tie between Gwath and Fea. Brinn put in her vote for Gwath at the last minute, and Gwath was the unfortunate loser of the tie. (What if it really wasn't a tie?) Day Two Izzy was technically ahead, but Brinn put in her vote for Noggie and he somehow managed to perish. (What if she pushed the vote into a tie?) I'm just saying. Shasta didn't mention a tie on the second Day, but if that's the case he wouldn't anyway, since it's a secret role.

Does that make sense to anyone else? Or should I don a white straitjacket and take Hunter to the happy home to post for the rest of the Day?
Brinn's vote was the tie on Day 1. She was the second Nog voter before he even really looked like a lynch.

What is more interesting about yesterDay's vote is that I think Izzy's retraction and vote for Nog counted but not Sally's. They were both at the same time and Izzy's put her and Nog at the tie.

If we do think the WQ get's an extra vote or something here are who voted for Nog:
Hansy
Brinn
the phantom
Izzy
in a retaction.

Quote:
Some people may appear on multiple lists, some may appear on none.

Werecreatures
Brinn
Fea
Hansy
Durie (just a hunch, though I know she's been gone so I won't lynch her now)

Spefically the Black Queen
Brinn
Hansy

Hiding in the dark corners (could go either way)
Mnemo
Kath

Probably innocent, at least for now
Izzy
Rikae (What? Inconceivable!)
Phantom
Steve (pity the sick man if nothing else)

Definitely innocent in my book
Sally
Shasta
Mith
Legate
Nilp
Lommie
Agan
Greenie
Am I such an enigma that I'm not on?

Brinn I did like your theories in this post as well. They did make sense and sort of go with my whole thoughts about not knowing really who the Black Knight protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I think Sally was talking about her computer. Yes, apparently she has a name for her computer. Though strange that of all names, it is called Hunter...
My old computer was named Denethor. I wonder what that says about me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Which gives me something new to think about: how does the BQ choose xer kills? I hate having roles that are hard to trace. You can find a seer, and you can say confidently, "this person isn't this role" about ones with specific constraints, but I loathe not knowing the level of vulnerability of bad guys, and the details of the good guys. I know the WQ is on our side, or she wouldn't be labeled WQ, but what if she's kind of like the BQ in that she's definitely opposed to the contrasting side, but isn't necessarily on the side of the rest of the Whites? What if there are two werebear-type characters in play, both of whom are attempting to be the last player standing?
I agree with most of the post and think that this sums up what I think. We don't know what happened with either yesterDay's lynch or how the BQ's kill was stopped last Night. It was blocked but we're not sure if it was the doing of the WQ or the Black Knight.

Mira was also an interesting Night kill. Not going to lie I was expecting to find either Fea, the phantom, or Sally dead toDay. It makes me need to reevaluate some players.

Oh and special vote:

++Agan

Edit: x-posted since 395...the site stopped working on me.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 02-25-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #404
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For Lari:

Heh I did say some people wouldn't be on it. And yes, you are an enigma.

I asked Shasta, and my vote did indeed count. Everyone's counted, is what he told me, though that's all he told me, the little son of a mother. Don't worry, that was my first thought too, but it is not in fact the case.

I'm always worried when Phantom, Fea, and such other crazy kids are around (Rikae too, and I just realized I've been completely ignoring the poor girl). I want to know why they haven't been targeted by either the black team or the Queen herself, since they obviously can't all be the Queen, and all of them couldn't have been 'saved' last Night even if they were evil. Very interesting to point out. Of course I'm surprised I'm not dead too, but the baddies usually keep me around and hope I get myself lynched for no good reason so I'm less surprised that I'm around than I am about the others. *shrug* Maybe they just think I'm cute?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #405
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Honey you couldn't be more wrong. Stop being such a pessimist and think on the bright side. Both Phantom and I are still here.
Now that seems like a non-sequitur.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #406
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Heh. Just call me Chekhov, love.

Oh, and I'm analyzing you currently, so stop posting so I don't keep falling behind.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #407
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
I asked Shasta, and my vote did indeed count. Everyone's counted, is what he told me, though that's all he told me, the little son of a mother. Don't worry, that was my first thought too, but it is not in fact the case.
Now that is interesting because then Izzy did get the most votes. Which means the theory that the WQ might get more votes or more power is there. Maybe the WQ gets to switch the players around, so to speak. Like maybe xe thought that Nog was more guilty than Izzy so, since Nog was in second, got to have Nog lynched over Izzy for the good of the village. Which might mean that, since the BQ was blocked last Night, and possibly wanted to take out Izzy, that Izzy could have been protected by the Black Knight.

All this means is that I'm beginning to think Izzy more guilty than not. I mean, the Black Knight could have protected her out of some selflish foolish reason, but now that I think that more over its more likely that's not the case.

Edit: x-posted with Dury and Sally.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 02-25-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: x-posted
Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #408
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Usually when the loudmouth attention hogs stay alive, it means they're either completely off track, or there is a baddie hiding among them. Which doesn't really make sense, since I think Fea and tp (particularly tp) look innocent, and I'm sure that I, at least, am not entirely on the wrong track.

The only reasonable explanation is that I'm evil.
++Rikae

Durie, you mean Sally's the cobbler? Why so?

By the way, Hansy's post above strikes me as way too apologetic-newbie-card-trying-to-look-innocent-ish. Reeks of it. He's not new to the game, and if Shasta knew it, it might have amused him to make Hansy evil and have everyone give him a free "newbie pass" for half the game. *grumbles*

I'll try to come back with some actual analysis at some point.

EDIT: X'd with everything since the Sally post I was responding to (about me, tp and Fea being alive).
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #409
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Durie, you mean Sally's the cobbler? Why so?
*shrug* She's confusing me, so maybe?

Speaking of vote counting, could someone's vote have counted as two?

Another post for you, Sally!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #410
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, I see that double-vote idea's already been put forward.

I could see switching my vote to Izzy...
Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #411
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am here, and I'm going to finish my lunch while I read what I've missed.

++Mr Bombadil! He is real to some people.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #412
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In an attempt to say that I really don't think, looking at things, that the WQ gets two votes but could subsitute the second place lynch for the first here's my facts to back it up. Day 1 was a tie and here are the votes for those tied:

Day 1 votes for Gwath:
Steve
Izzy
the phantom
Brinn

Day 1 votes for Fea:
Hansy
Nog
Gwath
Sally

So by reason these people should all have one vote because it was a tie. Randomly chosen.

Day 2 votes for Nog:
Hansy
Brinn
the phantom
Izzy

None of those people could have two votes. Hansy voted for Fea Day 1 and if he was the WQ then Fea would have died then. While Brinn and the phantom both voted for the lynchee on both Days, I still don't think that either of them has a double vote. Whether or not they are more than they seem is left to be seen. I'm more inclinded to think the phantom is innocent over Brinn though. I don't think Izzy is at all the WQ so there's nothing to say about her.

Edit: x-posted with Dury and Izzy.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 02-25-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: x-posted
Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #413
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Excellent thinking, Lari!

phantom did mention that the whole "double vote" thing could have other stipulations on it, but now that we've gotten it confirmed that Day One was indeed a tie I'm inclined to think that the "double vote" was just a theory put out there which we've been focusing on entirely too much.

Which makes phantom look even more suspicious to me, as he had to know that this theory would not be the first one that would spring to people's minds.

In response to your "how do we know it implies?" comment: that's why I said "implies." Implies means you can make a logical conclusion that it is so, not that it is so. I have no clue why the baddies would diverge from a rational pattern of protecting themselves, but it's still a distinct possibility.

No, onto Rikae's point about Izzy: I'm still not treating Izzy as an innocent. I'm decidedly neutral about her. But I do still find it odd that she got four early, non-bandwaggony-looking votes that were never gainsaid.

Maybe I should just get off my Izzy-voter high horse; it looks as if no one's taking me up on it. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Won't have time to look into anyone in any great detail until a couple of hours from now.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #414
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
None of those people could have two votes.
Yes, they could've. If it's a power that can only be used once.

Or perhaps there is someone whose vote doesn't count at all.

Or maybe the WQ can, on one day, wave off the top lynch candidate.

Or perhaps the WQ is immune to the lynch. Or to one single lynch. Or immune till she auto-dies at a preset time- Shasta: "You are the WQ. You cannot be killed, but will exit the game automatically after Day 4."

There are quite a few possibilities, and only one chess piece knows the truth of it.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #415
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

What if the White Queen can say "hey, this person's vote doesn't count"? I would suspect, in that case, it is a day-to-day pick of who doesn't count, and thus they can protect whoever they think their target will be going after. It's just another thought to throw into the pile.

I forgot to add that, conversely, they could choose someone's vote to count twice on a given Day.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #416
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
I'm torn. On the one hand I want people to analyze so I can analyze their analysis. On the other hand I'm afraid this is going to keep us from our actual job, if not help the wolfiekinses (in case they're not all Gifted by Divine Grace with Brilliance and Intellectual Superiority like phantom).
Perhaps when I and others do analysis and offer possibilities and such, we're well aware that the WereBeasts are reading them and looking for ideas, and perhaps we're not saying everything we think and/or know in order to mislead them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Ok, just woke up here , bear with me - but why on earth is everyone suddenly treating Izzy as if she is some sort of known innocent? We don't even know why she wasn't lynched, and the person lynched in her stead was the ranger, and yet you all assume she's good? Did I miss something?
Of course Izzy is innocent. Pure as the wind-driven snow. She was left alive for us to lynch. And that conclusion is based upon an indisputable undeniable fact- the fact that I'm completely guessing and could be wrong. But let's pretend like I'm right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
There's Fea, me... um, Fea, and.... me. And Fea of course. A regular VIP show right there, wouldn't you say, m'dear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
You trouble maker.
Oh, but you love me, don't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Why does everybody always kill Nogrod?
I'm almost certain it wasn't everybody.

And we kinda sorta didn't kill him either. The lynch was wacky.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #417
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Can we just shut up about any special voting powers the WQ may or may not have and start suspecting already?

...Yeah, I'm no longer torn.

phantom, the longer you keep this up the worse you look.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #418
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Perhaps when I and others do analysis and offer possibilities and such, we're well aware that the WereBeasts are reading them and looking for ideas, and perhaps we're not saying everything we think and/or know in order to mislead them.
I know. There are a number of things that I'm not surprised haven't been brought up.

At the same time, WereBeasts are allowed to keep their own counsel, have already discussed this among themselves (unless they're the Queen) and they know (although you may be the cobbler) that you're not one of them. I know you have a high opinion of yourself, but how much good do you really think you're doing?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #419
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
the phantom - I think he's being subtly bold. Kath said "he's too laid back, too not involved to be something important" and that's basically why I suspect him a bit. I think the manipulating will come when it needs to, and otherwise he's playing it cool. But what does that mean? Not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
Remember how I said the manipulating would come? Well look what happened yesterDay!
And I manipulated how? I was barely around in the final stretch. Only one Nog vote came from me, and technically it shouldn't have been enough to accomplish a lynch. I wish I knew what manipulation you are trying to credit me with, because truthfully I consider it a compliment when somebody tells me I have successfully manipulated people. Explain your compliment please, Dur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
Even if I'm wrong, and he's not a werecreature, he deserves it for all this saving people nonsense.
Really? It's bad to save people?

Now, if Fea and Izzy are Wolves then perhaps you have something, but I'm thinking they're not. Quite strongly. And for all you know those two are the White Queen and White Bishop, so would you still suspect me for saving them if that is the truth? Sorry dear, but not a great case. Though I promise if those two turn out to be bad that I will be lynched quietly without a fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
was protected by phantom the Black Knight (*points to arrow icon*)?
The arrow icon shows up in every post I've ever made on the Downs.

EDIT: punc

Last edited by the phantom; 02-25-2009 at 03:37 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #420
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
I know you have a high opinion of yourself, but how much good do you really think you're doing?
We'll find out when this is all over. I'm pretty certain I've already done one rather good thing, but we'll see.

EDIT: wrong person quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #421
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nearly forgot...

++Mith
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #422
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Day 1 votes for Gwath:
Steve
Izzy
the phantom
Brinn

Day 2 votes for Nog:
Hansy
Brinn
the phantom
Izzy

Wow, just look at what those two lynches have in common... I think we may be up to something here.

(those red votes, what is a cameo?!)
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #423
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
And I manipulated how? I was barely around in the final stretch. Only one Nog vote came from me, and technically it shouldn't have been enough to accomplish a lynch. I wish I knew what manipulation you are trying to credit me with, because truthfully I consider it a compliment when somebody tells me I have successfully manipulated people. Explain your compliment please, Dur.
The whole "oh, is poor Izzy doomed" thing. Trying to save people at the last minute for no apparent reason is manipulating. The "what can we do, who can we vote for" thing that always seems to happen at the end involves manipulating. But I don't care about that. It's barely there, you're right. What I DO care about is you're silly explanation toDay about how you though Nog was innocent, and even thought maybe he was a gifted! Oh, but maybe he wasn't, so you voted for him to save Izzy...why? I guess because she seemed more innocent? I've already ranted about that I think. Though actually you're only reason stated yesterDay for voting Nogrod was "because you felt like it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Really? It's bad to save people?
Once again, I already did my spiel about that. You voted for someone you thought was probably innocent to save another person who you thought was probably innocent.

Quote:
The arrow icon shows up in every post I've ever made on the Downs.
Sorry, in any other contexts I don't bother to read your posts.

Quote:
We'll find out when this is all over. I'm pretty certain I've already done one rather good thing, but we'll see.
I think you need a new strategy! You're not the Good Wizard, there is no reason for you to be so bold.

So, right now...

Voted for:
phantom

Probable Baddies:
Sally
Brinniel
Izzy

Maybe Baddies:
Hansy
Lari
Mnemo

Maybe Innocent:
Rikae
Fea

Have no idea:
wilwa
Eonwe (who might be modfired if he does not vote today? :\)
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #424
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Oh, but you love me, don't you?
I do. More than the wolves, I'm reasonably sure anyway...

I've been watching the goings on while doing my illustration homework and I'd merely like to point out that the only two people who said anything at all interesting made me laugh at the contradictory nature of what they said, but I'd much rather not discuss it openly.

Instead, I shall make a List.

We shouldn't kill:

the phantom, wilwa, Lari, Durelin

We should let convalesce a bit more:

Steve

We should force more participation out of:

Kath, Hansy

We should lynch one of the following:

Izzy, Brinniel, Sally, Rikae, Mnemo

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 02-25-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: x'd Dury
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #425
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It definitely looks as if someone was protected during the night, though I don't think there is any certainty as to whom did the protecting. At first glance, to me it looks like the BK is the one responsible. Though with not knowing what the WQ is capable of; there is no ruling xer out.

I was thinking that maybe the WQ has something akin to an anonymous vote(s). Where during the night, they tell Shasta whom they want to place a vote(s) on the next Day. So, essentially they get to vote for more than one person each Day. It could explain it - rather than their own vote counting for more than one; which doesn't look like it quite fits. Though, if it were the case of an anonymous vote(s) deal; the first Day, they didn't place it for Gwath or Fea. But looks like they could've voted for Nog. Explaining why he was lynched over myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne
Of course, that's too much for an innocent to hope for. I think it's still in the Queen's interest to keep those wolves around for a little while longer.
I disagree. The only interest involved for the BQ to keep the wolves around longer - is the wolves.
We have 13 players alive; 6 of which are ordos, and 7 which are "special".
Which brings us to 8 innocents : 5 baddies.
So I think we are dealing with a pretty slim margin, with room for very little error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
My thought, is if the WQ were responsible for it - wouldn't Shasta of attributed xer for it; rather than Sauron?
An interesting thought. Though, what does that imply? That Sauron is not only controlling the game but is in it as well? Bah, at this point I'm feeling like anything is possible...
I am beginning to agree with what I believe Mnemosyne and probably another said - that we can't seem to gain a certainty of understanding of what goes on behind the scenes and in front of us, based on the plots.
I keep forgetting that overall it is a chess game, rather than just plots. Rereading the other plots made this clear. That even if the save was due to the WQ - Shasta would mention either Sauron or Gandalf; since they are the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren
So this might be naive to say, but does it really imply that whoever didn't die is therefore evil? Yes it would make more sense for the Black Knight to be protecting the other baddies, but what if xe wasn't? I know its far fetched and such, but it is slightly possible. I have no idea why xe would do it. Maybe the other wolves thought they were safe enough for a Night? Not sure, but there is no assuming there that I can see. In my twisted logic that is.
I don't think there is an implication of whom got saved. Just that the BQ was robbed of her kill by either the BK, or the WQ if xe has protecting powers.
If it was because of the BK, I see no reason why they would be protecting someone other than whom is on their team. I suppose I could see them branching out and protecting the BP, but I think it a less likely possibility. Unless they were certain of the BP and whom the BP was helping out/working for.
In the case of the WQ, they could've been protecting a baddie, or an innocent. If xe has protecting powers. Again, I think the only certain thing - is that the BQ did not get to kill someone last Night.

My computer goes by the name of Huey.

Now, that I've caught up. I will go analyzing some people and possibly make a list of where people lie in my mind.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #426
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Durelin- it is obvious you didn't read my vote explanation even halfway carefully. You'll notice that I said I did suspect him. Why do you keep saying that I didn't?

My explanation is that I thought Nog was not an Ordo (White Pawn). I was swinging back and forth as far as thinking him Gifted White or Gifted Black, and I was leaning slightly towards Black. Part of this was due to the fact that there were five of them versus three White Gifted. I was also reasonably sure he was not the Seer. So after mentally saying "Do it! Don't! Do it! Don't!" again and again I just sucked it up and went for it. The decision was made easier by the fact that I felt Izzy was White.

Anyway, now do you understand my explanation, and will stop saying things about it that are the opposite of what I said?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #427
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My post #425 was crossposted with all of the posts; starting with Lariren's #412. The edit page isn't working for me.. again.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #428
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Durelin- it is obvious you didn't read my vote explanation even halfway carefully. You'll notice that I said I did suspect him. Why do you keep saying that I didn't?
Ahh, yeah, I mixed up things you said yesterDay (or maybe even the Day before...they start to run together...) with your post toDay.

But at least re-reading that post I know now that you can't really blame me for voting you.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #429
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Blast. I keep getting interrupted but my Durie analysis is in fact coming.

Right now I'm still unsure about Brinn (to clarify, by unsure I mean I feel uneasy about her) so I'd definitely go for lynching her. Hansy as well. Phantom stays, at least for now, and so do Kath, Steve, Izzy (although I suppose I'll bend on that), and Lari. I don't feel comfortable enough lynching them, so while I won't go out of my way to stop a lynch for most of those players I won't support it either.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #430
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Alrighty, so here's my list. I have two of my own White Queen theories that I'm also just gonna put out there, whether or not they've been suggested or not I'm not sure.

So I considered the role of the Queen in a real chess game, and they can do anything, go in any direction, lots of freedom lots of power. So I'm think prehaps the WQ is a ranger, seer and a hunter, and maybe as the ranger they can protect people from being lynched during the day, and maybe the WQ was protecting Izzy and that's why it got bumped down to Nog. Just a thought. My second theory is that maybe the WQ cannot be killed by us white pawns, and only by the blacks, and that would make Izzy the WQ. But I like my first theory and some of yours much better. Just putting it all out there.

My list, I find myself suspecting almost everyone, 1-10 (1-innocent, 10-guilty):

Durelin: Her early vote for phantom just freaks me out, maybe if it had been her last post of the day I wouldn't care but the fact that she's still posting a lot, I think she should have held off. 7

Fea: hmm, she's slowly starting to get me to lean bad for her, but definitely not enough to vote for her toDay. 6

Izzy: I was very sure of her yesterDay, and I still am, but her getting out of lynching definitely doesn't clear her, so that makes me just unsure, I think I'd like to wait and see what happens with her toNight. 5

phantom: He seems a bit off his game to me, maybe not quite as calm and collected as I remember him, but for now I am still a 5

Brinn: I still find myself very confortable with her. 3

Sally: Her post I quoted before still weirds me out, she's kinda starting to really bug me, I'm definitely very tempted to vote for her toDay. 9

Lariren: Still find she's very tip-toey, but still nothing huge is sticking out at me, participates more then I do so she's still mostly on my good side. 5

Rikae: Same as Brinn, still very comfortable with her. 3

Mnemo: my my, still don't feel good about her, may vote for her again today 8

Hansy: hmmmmm......wish I had more to say about him, but I'm afraid I do not. 6

Eonwe & Kath: consistently MIA, that just weirds me out 7

Therefore I will be voting for either Sally, Mnemo or perhaps Durelin, later on toDay.

For the next few hours I will be poking my head in here and there before I cast my vote.

oh and for Shasta:

++Mith
(thank you Sally!)

X'posted, with everyone since Fea

Last edited by wilwarin538; 02-25-2009 at 04:58 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #431
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
But at least re-reading that post I know now that you can't really blame me for voting you.
Oh yes I can. I will have revenge! Someday!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #432
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Silmaril Willa

[highlight ] whatever you want to type [ /highlight]

Only without the spaces within the brackets.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #433
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Returnèd

Quote:
I still think there's something to be said for the fact that those initial Izzy votes were all so spread out early in the day, and all apparently arrived at by people who had "reasoned independently" and came to the same conclusion at the same time.

We now know one of them was Nog, a known innocent.

As I said, I don't know what was going on, but I didn't like the look of it. And I still don't, despite the fact that Nog did vote her.
Just because one person's innocent it doesn't mean they all are. In fact, it's more likely that one of the baddie's jumped on an innocent bandwaggon (and I mean ordos, as opposed to a bandwaggon being an innocent thing to to do- however, in the end it is the only way that someone gets lynched, and now I will end this extremely long sentence and bracket).

Quote:
2) The White Queen is immune to the lynch and must be killed at night.
It might also be the otherr way around. Or maybe xe (are we still doing this?) can use someone else as a shield (who happened to be protected?)- maybe that last one's a little far-fetched.

[QUOTE=Mnemosyne;586541]Also, I hope Eonwe and Durelin are both back and in working order! We can't give silent players a free pass forever, even though they're having RL troubles.[QUOTE]
Well, I'm back.
Yes sir, I am. My head's still a little fuzzy, but I'll see what I can do.

PS. Sally, is it just me or are you playing a little riskily (and I don't mean for yourself)?- Or are you the Black Pawn?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #434
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Gandalf was always a manipulative goody-goody (at least, good is his façade) egotist. It is hardly surprising that he treat many of us as pawns just as quickly and without remorse as Sauron would.

There will most certainly be blood and guts (I certainly hope so, anyway). My only advice to everyone at this point: let the wookie win.
Heh. Quite funny indeed. I totally read that as 'let the rookie win' though, and was about to make a huge analysis on it when I realized I just can't read. Blah.

Quote:
Nay, nay, a Jedi Knight of Many Colours!
Hehe!

Quote:
I'm afraid I have a party to go to, so I will be posting and running here... I will be around more after toDay, promise. Unless something goes terribly wrong. I'm a realist.

And of course Han shot first - I don't get why the heck it matters. All it proves is that he's quicker to the draw and Greedo isn't that horrible of a shot.

Anyway...there's already a few people I'd like to get rid of just for the sake of being rid of them, but part of my beef with werewolf is when people simply play favorites...so I'm going to go for as random as possible here.

++Sally

Just looking at who has posted, anyway, I picked out her on some sort of gut-reaction thing. The typical excuse. It's like pleading the 5th...my stomach told me to do it!

Really I quite enjoy your presence, my dear, but...

See you all tomorrow...quite sorry, I really will have more time (if y'all will let me...) after this. Today I happen to have basically none.

Edit: Fea, I have a feeling you and I will be getting along better in this game...I came so close to voting one of the newbies for the sake of it...hmm, perhaps that means you are evil this time (though I didn't actuallly think you were at least by the end of that fateful day for me...but I'll shush, no relevance here).
So I was a random vote. Well, semi-random anyway. Okay by me. I'm not dead and the village isn't down yet another innocent so I'm cool with it.

Interesting dialogue with/about Fea, though. I'd love to look into their interactions more if I get a chance.

Quote:
Man, poor Gwath...how many early lynches is that for him?

I love how the two lynchee possibilities were Fea and Fea's secondary attacker rather than her initial attacker. I guess because people are still obsessed with the bandwagon concept? I don't know.

Brinniel, as far as I can tell, did a 180 from voting Fea and to voting Gwath at the last minute.

And I love how Hansy summed up the whole thing.

But you know what, I have no desire to talk about that much more, because it normally ends up to be just a distracting mess. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Fea gone at all. I get very sick of people saving one another at the loss of someone else simply because they like someone more. It only proves further that any sort of democratic system is a mindless popularity contest.

*shakes fist at the system*
Too bloody many. Yet again, I am upset that he was lynched, because he seemed really innocent to me, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it now.

As I said before I find Brinn's vote suspicious as well, and I find it interesting the way she reacts to the voting. I'll agree; too many times if it's a tie between two people some of us just vote to save our friends, and it's a horrible werewolf strategy.

Quote:
tp - But I also don't recall you having any true suspicion of Gwath, so I guess you're just saying you felt you had a better read on her being innocent than on Gwath being so?

Either way I say vote for who you think is guilty. Kay, peoples? (So yesterDay I voted for someone I did not think guilty, but I did not think anyone guilty as it was an early vote and I admit I had not had the chance to read any of the thread since I had earlier posted.)

Also, if we goodly people do that, then the baddies have to follow our lead and vote for someone "they think is guilty". They have to try to make cases and things like that, rather than just make friends by saying "oh I think this poor soul up for lynch here is innocent, so I am going to save them!"

End of useless blather. Guess I'll start actually following what I preach later and talk about someone guilty.
I agree on this theory, although....erm, she voted me kind of out of the blue. Random and slightly hypocritical much? Then again I know she had internet trouble so I don't feel bad about letting it slide.

Quote:
Okay, here is what I was typing up yesterDay to post when my *insert expletives here* internet died on me...

So, here are some random suspicion lists I came up with while showering:

Possible Baddies:
Lariren - Seems generally defensive
the phantom - I think he's being subtly bold. Kath said "he's too laid back, too not involved to be something important" and that's basically why I suspect him a bit. I think the manipulating will come when it needs to, and otherwise he's playing it cool. But what does that mean? Not sure.
Izzy -
Mnemosyne - She seems like the perfect grizzly. I have no idea why.

In the middle leaning towards baddie:
Brinniel
Eonwe
Mirandir

Probable Innocents:
Fea - I think.
Kath - She is the same Kath as always, whether good or bad, except a little flippant, so I think she's good.
Nogrod - As Fea described him as "obsessive," I think he's innocent. I think he plays it more smoothly and less on emotion when bad. Though actually I think he would be a good cobbler candidate.

Have no idea:
Sally
wilwa
Hansy

So yeah. I echo Fea. Nogrod?! And phantom, I have never seen more of a BS explanation for a vote.

Remember how I said the manipulating would come? Well look what happened yesterDay!

++the phantom

Even if I'm wrong, and he's not a werecreature, he deserves it for all this saving people nonsense.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Sally go at this point, either, but I like her more. And (fiiine, I'll give a legitimate reason here) I feel more certain at this point about phantom.

I have to go to class soon so I will explain/argue more my points about phantom later, promise. Hopefully not too much later.
If he's saving another innocent I don't see the problem with it. I'm just saying. Although yeah, it did/does look suspect. But dude. It's Phantom.

Yay! She likes me!

I think her list leaves a bit to be desired, in that many of the people she has in the suspicious categories seem very clean to me. I guess really all that means is that one of us is very wrong. Heh hope it's not me.

Quote:
Sally is acting really weird (just went over toDay's posts more), but I am always more inclined to lean towards the sneakier seeming person (and I mean, it's Sally...acting weird....). I think she can keep it cool when she wants to, regardless of how boundless her insanity is.

Brinniel I have no idea.

And I don't want to focus just on them, because that's stupid.

I'm mostly going to focus on phantom. I can only hope he doesn't enjoy it too much.
I'm always like this, silly. And if I'm acting crazy you know it's for a reason. The reason I'm commenting on this post (again) is to say that you should keep in mind, the sneakier seeming person is not always the evil one. I'm sneaky but not evil. I think Brinn's evil and not too sneaky.

Quote:
Oh. I forgot there was a cobbler in this game.
Covered this. Moving on.....

Quote:
Oh, hey. So Sally's the Black Rook and was attacked by the Werebear last night and was protected by phantom the Black Knight (*points to arrow icon*)? Cause then she's a goner soon anyway.

Or she's the cobbler.
And again....so wrong. If I was doing that I'd be trying to get an innocent lynched toDay rather than myself and buy my packmates as much time as possible. I'm a team player, and I don't give up without a fight, so if I was evil I'd be trying to get some poor innocent fool killed, not try to actually catch a baddie as I'm doing now.

Quote:
Hun, my life is a non-sequitor.

Wow. I feel like most of this post has been defending myself, which is rubbish because I'm innocent. In short I know Durie suspects me and she's a tad hung up on me and Phantom but for now she isn't posing a threat to the village at large so I'm not terribly suspicious of her.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-25-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: left out part of my post. I just suck at life today lol
Old 02-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #435
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
PS. Sally, is it just me or are you playing a little riskily (and I don't mean for yourself)?- Or are you the Black Pawn?

Yes, love, but don't worry. There's a reason for it. You know me, I like to cause enough stir that it tells me what I want to know.

EDIT: Yes as in I'm playing riskily, not yes I'm the Black Pawn. I am a white girl and proud of it, kthnxbye. (And no, that was not meant to be racist, just in case anyone wondered.)
Old 02-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #436
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
This is possible, and in that case I would suspect that it was who they thought was the Black Pawn (cobbler), but maybe they just have another use for someone in the Day.

With all the WQ stuff, my new crazy is that maybe the xe gets to choose who gets lynched in the Day the Night before. You never know.

*Still reading this page (11)*

edit: ah, and maybe the WQ only gets to do this for every other Night.

edit 2: x-ed with Sally
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #437
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Though I promise if those two turn out to be bad that I will be lynched quietly without a fight.
Really?

Really?

Quote:
phantom did mention that the whole "double vote" thing could have other stipulations on it, but now that we've gotten it confirmed that Day One was indeed a tie I'm inclined to think that the "double vote" was just a theory put out there which we've been focusing on entirely too much..
Cobblerish tactics, I say! (not you Mnemi btw) Though I won't accuse one of many phantoms of cobblerism. Yet.

edit: x-ed with no-one. How sad! (and quiet)
edit2: AND there are 5 invisible members around (not including me)

Last edited by Eönwë; 02-25-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #438
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Ok, I shall be voting shortly...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #439
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I keep forgetting to mention the kill- Mira.

I mean really... Mira? She sure as heck wasn't the Seer. And the Night before, Nerwen sure as heck wasn't either.

In a sense, I believe the Black Queen and Black Pawn are helping us. I'm thinking that the WereWolves are making it a priority to avoid killing those two each Night, which has led them to make kills that are rather... safe.

Surely that can be used to find our culprits.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #440
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Really?

Really?
Yes. A promise is a promise. Though I'm rather confident that I won't have to make good on that promise.