The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's nice that we post rarely and in slow speed - but still manage to cross-post even pretty short ones...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #42
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
That said, I'm not sure if the possible failure from our part to make a difference of one vote toDay is anything really bad. But I would really like to know your alignment tp.
Ungifted prey. I wouldn't admit to ungifted on the Living thread but I'll do it here just to set the innocent at ease.

But really I can't believe the Living haven't been debating who they want us to check. That ticks me off, because the only way we can transfer info is if they ask us a question about someone we actually checked! Someone needs to step up and take the lead and basically fill my shoes on the Living thread.

If the decision is left entirely to us... Frankly I don't know who I'd pick, but I do know I'd pick a lynch victim as opposed to a night kill. But a lot can happen these last two hours so maybe our decision will be made for us.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #43
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

If votes in either thread are tied, nothing happens.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #44
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Well drat, another player has exited (Gwath to join Steve and Kitanna). We need a break to go our way.

Anyway, boys, I'll be back soonish (leaving for home).
Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #45
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
But really I can't believe the Living haven't been debating who they want us to check. That ticks me off, because the only way we can transfer info is if they ask us a question about someone we actually checked! Someone needs to step up and take the lead and basically fill my shoes on the Living thread.
Well Boro is doing his best to hammer in the view we should not check your alignment. (Two times now being his major point in a post - which he doesn't make too many)
Old 06-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #46
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Votes now...

Lottie -> Morm
Nerwen -> Mac
Greenie -> Aganzir
Lalaith -> Aganzir2
Lommy -> Aganzir3
Legate -> Greenie
McCaber -> Aganzir4
Morm -> Mac

If Aganzir really is a seer she'd be a real gambler not calling it and just going to sleep instead.

In a normal game she might gamble, it's like her, but probably not with this special game with this big village relying on her (were she the seer that is) - and for a wolf a false-reveal this early into the game would be pretty bad so I'm not expecting her to do that if she is a wolf (a false reveal exposes one of the three to everyone - including the rival wolfgang).

Gah... I need to go to sleep but this is getting interesting.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #47
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Well Boro is doing his best to hammer in the view we should not check your alignment. (Two times now being his major point in a post - which he doesn't make too many)
Well, if his FBI thing was a hint (I am someone who does investigations aka Seer) then that could mean he dreamed me and thus revealing my identity would be rather useless to him.

Or, as I saw him say earlier, perhaps he truly does have so much faith in his ability to know my character, i.e. if Phantom is painting a target on himself then he's an Ordo. It's perfectly true. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have checked me just in case. Meh, I'd better look at him a bit & see what else there is to see...
Old 06-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #48
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Uh oh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
But if I die I'll at least get to be with the only person who understands me.
.... Um
Old 06-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #49
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, quickly- what are the scenarios for a possible false Lover reveal?

Would a WW do it to preserve herself? (probably, but any unseen ramifications?)

Would a Seer try to look like a Lover to preserve herself (and make it less likely the WWs would target her since Lover is lower priority than Seer)?

Geez, I really hope no Livings are reading this accidentally, ha ha! It's weird that I keep thinking that. Does that mean I have an inherent distrust of people, ha ha!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #50
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Basically, if she false reveals as a Lover is it up to us to lynch her, or is it up to the real Lovers to combat her, or is it up to us not to spoil her ploy, or do we just leave her to the Wolves?

Gah.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Well, if his FBI thing was a hint (I am someone who does investigations aka Seer) then that could mean he dreamed me and thus revealing my identity would be rather useless to him.
Or if you two had planned this nice little trick on N1 together it would prove now very handy indeed.

My dilemma now of course is that I need to go and Aganzir's alignment is very much in doubt. If she reveals - then I think she is genuinely the seer - if she doesn't = she's highly probably a wolf. Or then she stays up to see if there is a counter-wagon to save her at the last minute (or to reveal at the last minute) - and in that case I'm not able to do the same (I really need to go to sleep).

Both Aganzir and Boro can't be seers though.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Basically, if she false reveals as a Lover is it up to us to lynch her, or is it up to the real Lovers to combat her, or is it up to us not to spoil her ploy, or do we just leave her to the Wolves?

Gah.
Hard to say... That would require some thinking I seem to be less and less capable of right now as I just try to figure what to do with our extra-vote.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #53
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Both Aganzir and Boro can't be seers though
Indeed. But either way I'm innocent.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #54
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Is Boro-wolf telling his mate Agan-wolf to take it like a man/woman?

I'm getting more confused instead of getting good ideas...

Actually I'm still waiting for a vote that could be my saviour aka. someone I think more innocent than not voting for someone I think pretty suspicious. Then I could vote for giving the extra vote for that person - and you two could then follow the rest and make the final decision (if Agan reveals / something drastic happens).
Old 06-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #55
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Boro suspects Agan, right? I mean- his most recent post seems pretty presumptuous (you've been caught, lassie, best give it up!). And he's asked us to check Nog three or so times.

So does that mean he's dreamed Agan and Nog, or that he dreamed A but not N and thus is truly curious about N (but not curious of TP because he already dreamed me). But no, I don't think he did dream me because he said "assume" I'm innocent (I think) and left open the Wolfish possibility. If he's the Seer he's playing things smart and keeping out of the line of fire. Definitely nothing definitive.

Which does make me wonder if a Seer would be nearly so bold as Agan has been.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well it looks like Agan is leaving her fate in the village's hands... No reveal.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #57
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

It sort of surprises me that Agan didn't reveal. Why not, at this stage? Just on the off chance that the 2nd leading candidate is the Seer/Ranger and can get them lynched instead, you know?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Things have sort of slowed down, so for your entertainment.

For no reason.

And these two teams are sure to be relegated to a lower league next season.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #59
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Thus far the voting-

Lottie - morm
Nerwen - Mac
Greenie - Agan
Lalaith - Agan (2)
Lommy - Agan (3)
Legate - Greenie
McCab - Agan (4)
morm - Mac (2)
Agan - Green (2)
Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #60
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:

For no reason.

Finally, the first two youtube links. I was beginning to worry what I'd done to offend everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
(or "prey" as Kuru has decided to call us)
The Lord High Scorekeeper has called the innocent/uninformed that for years.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #61
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay.

If Aganzir actually reveals herself to be the Seer I'm not willing to vote for anyone voting her toDay as if one of you two is a wolf he could easily pile up on my vote and make sure Agan dies.

I don't think this scenario a probable one (Agan being the Seer) but it is possible - and it would be a darn big mistake from us if we decided the close vote in the Living Thread killing the Seer, especially with this little to go on.

On the other hand, if something drastic happens - and one of you two is a wolf - then I'd hate to leave it totally into your hands as the wolf could have a strong influence over our extra-vote (or it not happening). So I feel like I need to vote for someone.

If you're both goodies you can override my vote if you get some fresh knowledge I do not have now. And if not, then I have at least made it a bit harder (hopefully) for the lycanthrope to achieve his goal.

But this leaves me now with only:

- Lottie (voting Morm) - and I suspect Lottie quite a lot - and Morm a little.

- Nerwen (voting Mac) - where I basically distrust Nerwen in every game as she's soo cool a wolf and even if I feel kind of good about Mac I can see why many people suspect him - and share the feeling at least partly.

- Legate (voting Greenie) - now I'm totally torn with this: I kind of see what Legate means and am very much troubled by Greenie, but like someone said in the Living thread, it could be a perfect Wolf-tactics to go for someone no one else suspects and look reasonable & out of the fights that get noticed.

- Morm (voting Mac) - like you can gather from the above, I seem to suspect them both, but not as much as some others...

~'~

Haha... it seems Aganzir didn't "reveal".

Torn now (once again).

Could vote for Lalaith (seems innocentish enough) voting Aganzir, or maybe Legate voting Greenie.

EDIT: X'd with many...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:02 PM   #62
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:

For no reason.

Was one of those cans upside down?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #63
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Any thoughts Rune as to whom to give an extra-vote?

Someone voting Aganzir to try and make sure she comes here or someone voting for a more suspicious person from your POV?

I'll be around for ten minutes mayhaps... then need to sleep (4am ticked just now).
Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #64
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Question- would Seer Agan exit the thread without making things clear? I doubt it.

So does that mean we shouldn't consider her fate when assigning a vote (simply give a vote to someone we like)?

Meh. I'm going to turn on some NBA and keep my eyes on both.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #65
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Question- would Seer Agan exit the thread without making things clear? I doubt it.
Exactly my thoughts...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #66
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Oh, the finals have started... (wonder if I could see them here from somewhere)

And now Kuru is trumpeting something weird... (goodbye sleep then?)
Old 06-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Gah, maybe it was just a joke made after the fact he declared Gwath gone...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:18 PM   #68
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Gah, maybe it was just a joke made after the fact he declared Gwath gone...
Alas, I was just making fun of myself for forgetting to do the silly thing I had planned before the game.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-04-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Gah, my sentence construction is awful!
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I kind of gathered that, but thanks for confirming.

I found the NBA finals! (Goodbye sleep again...)

I did not find a resolution to my voting problem. Any argued suggestions are welcome.

Right now I'd say we help them lynch Aganzir (I'd suggest Lottie for the person who gets the extra-vote) or vote Legate to give Greenie one more.

Or if there is a sudden Lottie / Sally bandwagon? I might go for those as well...

What do you think?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #70
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Or if there is a sudden Lottie / Sally bandwagon? I might go for those as well...
Possibly. Both have a couple check-marks next to their names (they've sounded bad on occasion).

But since we don't have any information to signal, is there any chance that we'd want to use our vote to force a WW kill away from Gifteds. For instance, we think Form is probably an Ordo, so we give him our confidence (extra vote) and perhaps our trust in him leads the WWs to target him?

Or is that too far out there as a ploy?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #71
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
But since we don't have any information to signal, is there any chance that we'd want to use our vote to force a WW kill away from Gifteds. For instance, we think Form is probably an Ordo, so we give him our confidence (extra vote) and perhaps our trust in him leads the WWs to target him?

Or is that too far out there as a ploy?
Well smart wolves know we don't actually know anything toDay - so any extra-vote we give is not for them a sign of anything concrete.

But do I read you correctly you're still against helping to lynch Aganzir?

What do you think of Greenie - a possible runner-up at least now?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #72
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Has anyone used the "stupid Wolf" ploy today? It was a perfect day for it.

Stupid Wolf Ploy: Examine the Night kills and conclude the Wolf packs were stupid. In this case, say something like, "Ha ha, TP wanted to be killed and they fell for it. And Rune- he wasn't anything. Why on earth would they pick him?"

Because then a WW might feel forced to defend the reasoning. Have you seen anything like that today?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #73
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

At this point I almost don't care who we vote for. It might matter who we seem to trust though. Like, if we give the bonus to Lommy and she's the Seer, that wouldn't be good, right? I mean, if Agan is dying anyway, there's no reason to do anything else that might harm the night picks.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #74
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

We keep talking on here during the Night phase, yes?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #75
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Yes.

I will tell you when the deadline for voting is past. There will obviously be a lag between that and getting some narration. As I said earlier, I will post narration first to this thread before the Living Thread.

Nothing stopping you from talking during all that time.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #76
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Decision time draws close (and the Cavaliers are dominating the Warriors).

Let's not make it a frenzy in here. It's only 9 votes thus far so there will be some real mayhem in ten minutes.

I've said what I'd think would be the decent things to do. Now how about you two?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Because then a WW might feel forced to defend the reasoning. Have you seen anything like that today?
Well, that would be a stupid WW...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #78
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lottie - morm
Nerwen - Mac
Greenie - Agan
Lalaith - Agan (2)
Lommy - Agan (3)
Legate - Greenie
McCab - Agan (4)
morm - Mac (2)
Agan - Green (2)
Mac - Agan (5)
Firefoot - Mac (3)
Nilp - Agan (6)

(edit: add Nilp)

Right now I'd consider giving bonus vote to- Lommy, Mac, Rikae, Boro, Mith... but not all of them have even voted.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #79
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
My recent back-and-forth with Agan here I was trying to press to her a bit, because she's been dropping signs around that she knows more, or is more than an ordo. And even though there seems to be frustration that her jests have been scrutinized, I was letting her know she should know by now that's how this dance works. Everything comes under scrutiny, and she shouldn't be surprised when she willingly attracts attention that she becomes the focus of the scrutiny.

She stopped short of any reveal (true or false) which could mean she's a wolf and sees the writing on the wall, or has become frustrated to the point that she's ready to join the Dead.
That's what I've been thinking generally.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #80
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Any read on Mith whatsoever? Unknown special role?

Would giving her our vote make Baddies look at her more carefully?