The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #81
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elfen bodies get worm action too? Eeeek! Did Tolky say this? Thats so sad. So will Arwen & Aragorn ever meet in the afterlife since humans & elfs go to different heavens? Where do you get yer info? Whut is the difference between Mandos & Valinor & the Grey havens?
Old 01-21-2003, 02:57 PM   #82
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Arwen was not an Elf, she was a Half-Elf, like her father. She was therefore able to choose between mortality and immortality. She chose mortality and Aragorn. Presumably, since she did, her Fea when she died went to the same place as Aragorn's (wherever that may be), although not her father's.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:39 PM   #83
Lord Tohlos
Pile O'Bones

Lord Tohlos has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

If Elves are so wise, why did they teach Sauron how to MAKE RINGS OF POWER! I dont care if he came to them under a different name (Lord of Gifts). If they are so wise, they should have been able to see through this. Did they? Noooo. Thats why the whole Ring thing has happened. The Elves TAUGHT SAURON HOW TO MAKE RINGS OF POWER! If thats wise, I would hate to see other wise...

"Elves? Pah! I would rather fight with an army of Orcs then fight with Elves!"
Old 01-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #84
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ah, so it was the elves who did it! No wonder they all skedaddle agross to the Undying Lands at the first sign of battle! At last, someone knew to blame!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:50 PM   #85
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Toblos-Sauron already knew how ot make rings of power. The Elves taught him little, rather it was vice-versa. Only the restless smiths of Eregion listned to Sauron, others including Galdriel, Elornd and Gil-Galad rejected him. read the Osanwe-Kwenta on Elven mind reading, on why they couldn't tell whether Sauron was evil or not.

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Old 01-22-2003, 01:57 PM   #86
helkahothion

Eye

Well here I go again,<P>Valinor:The undying lands and the original home of the firsth elves.<BR>Grey havens:A place in Middle Earth with a harbor closest to Valinor.<BR>Mandos1:The ruler of the land Mandos and the bringer of the elven Fëa's from Arda.<BR>Mandos2:The haven where the elven Fëa's summoned by Mandos arrive.<P>This information is given in the Analog's and several Tolkien Enceclopedia's.<P><B>Inderjit Sanghera </B>: Thank you for explaining. It has prefended me from getting mad at sertain people. And you know that people don't like me mad.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #87
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

of course legolas is perfect, hes an elf- thats the essence of their beings! he's supposed to be perfect, a little dirt is one thing but what do you want? why should he get injured, its not in the book? do you think you could do a better story than tolkien cos youre annoyed with orlando bloom?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 01-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #88
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

No no no, not injured as such. Not seriously. Just a near-miss, if you get my meaning, would be good enough. and we have nothing against Orlando. Wishing hurt on a character is one thing, but a person is another.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:14 PM   #89
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I LOVED the list of Legolas's flaws. No elf is perfect after all! "Further freaks out Gimli", "Annoys Aragorn", "Needs to learn a few more cuss words." lol I think that in the movie, he is so much better. Besides, he's hot too! <P>~Hirilaelin<P>P.S. RATE ME PLEASE! <BR> <p>[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 01-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #90
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

One thing that we dont get in the movie is that even though he is much much older than most others in the fellowship, he is still a young elf. Judging on the 144 elf-years to one human year, he would be roughly 20 years old.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:34 PM   #91
cannedpoatoe
Haunting Spirit

cannedpoatoe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to cannedpoatoe
Ring

Legolas is awsome! but....he needs to smile and help out more. Although I do admire his combat skills....lol
Old 01-22-2003, 02:34 PM   #92
helkahothion

Eye

Hmph,<P>*grit's his teeth and tries to say nothing*<P>About that lack of speech with that Yrch thing.<P>It is not that he suffer's from a lack of Westron, he just usses his own word. What if you are (for example) English. Then you would not talk German to yourself now would you?<P>(Hm failed again)<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-22-2003, 04:37 PM   #93
Lord Tohlos
Pile O'Bones

Lord Tohlos has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Toblos? Who the hell is that? I know what Ive read. The smiths taught him how to make them, and he in had a hand in making the Seven and the Nine.

"Elves? Pah! I would rather fight with an army of Orcs then fight with Elves!"
Old 01-23-2003, 01:57 PM   #94
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sorry LORD TOHLOS-Toblos was a typo by me in repling to you. The Elves taught him nothing-he taught them, him being one of the most powerful of Aule's Maia. It was all his idea, in order to ensnare the Elves. He INSTRUCTED them on how to make the rings. <P>Appendix B; Tale of years;Second age<P>1500: The elven smiths, instructed by Sauron reach the hight of their skill. They begin forging the rings of power.<BR>Oh, and Helkahothion-Namo was the right name of 'Mandos', which are the name of his halls, they were not havens.<p>[ January 23, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Old 01-25-2003, 09:42 PM   #95
PsYcHo Me

Sting

Legolas ROCKS!!!! And also, he collects his arrows back after he uses them...I kept asking my friends this, and they (WHo know just about everything there is to know about Middle Earth) said that he uses shorts swords or wateva when he's out of arrows, then he runs around, collecting them again.

Old 01-26-2003, 09:00 AM   #96
*Anuion*
Pile O'Bones

*Anuion* has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Yes,<P>Youre right Psycho me. Legolas has 2 large elvisch daggers. I the fellowship you can see him backslashing an Orc in the Mines of Moria. Just love that scene.<P>Oh and Hirilaelin you don't ask people to rate you. Rating is not something you do because someone asks you to. It's something you do because you admire him.<BR>Wait your turn, you will be rated someday.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-26-2003, 12:41 PM   #97
Dimannûnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannûnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Even if Legolas does collect his arrows I should love to know how he doesn't run out during a battle. Or does he just stop and say "Sorry, just fetching my arrows, don't kill me", then find them and start shooting again? Perhaps Galadriel gave him a bottomless quiver. If you find out who sells them let me know. <P>
Old 01-26-2003, 12:59 PM   #98
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Lol, I kept wondering about those arrows, too.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> her Fea when she died went to the same place as Aragorn's (wherever that may be) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aww, that's nice...
Old 01-27-2003, 01:27 PM   #99
helkahothion

Eye

Well,<P>He just shoots a few arrows, grabs his knifes killes a few orc's with them, then gatheres arrows from dead Orc's or Dead Others with arrow's. Filles his quiver and shoots a couple more. <P>Not too hard now is it?<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-27-2003, 01:29 PM   #100
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

But wouldnt he get killed while he was hunting for arrows?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:34 PM   #101
helkahothion

Eye

No he wouldn't,<P>That's what the knifes are for. DUH! <P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-27-2003, 03:23 PM   #102
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At Helm's Deep there were many Elven archers on the battlements, meaning there were probably/theoretically (since we never see such a thing) also stores of arrows present.<P>The problem with "I'm just gonna go pickup some arrows now" is that 1) Legolas' arrows are quite a distance so he would be picking up Uruk-hai arrows if anything 2) Uruk's used the <B>crossbow</B> at Helm's Deep, and crossbow bolts are fundamentally different in size, shape, weight from those of a longbow, practically unusable. If the Uruk's did use a bow more like Lurtz in FotR, can you picture those arrows on Legolas' bow? I would think he would have a hard time being so 'perfect' with those. <P>That is the problem with making Legolas' shooting perfect - it's unbelievable. Always a heart shot or a head shot? And except for 'olympic-runner-uruk' they ALL drop with one arrow -So how come it took 3 of Lurtz's mammoth shots to down Boromir? I can see the 3 to take out Boromir, if in turn it takes more damage to bring those big, bad Uruks to collapse. Not one-shot-kills from those tiny arrows Legolas uses, with such a nonexistant head/bard that he can use them like skinny daggers, sheesh.<P>And the Horse thing....blecchhh... and just previous to that when he shoots his first shot at the Wargs, he kills the rider and the Warg with ONE shot! Not one shot each, ONE shot...<P>That Legolas... <P>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]
Old 01-28-2003, 06:30 AM   #103
Finnguala
Wight

The Eye

Dear Helk,<P>You may be wise, Master Elf, but you sound a little arrogant to me. You can be nicer, you know.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You stupid f*ck's! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Doesn't sound very Elvish to me, does it...
Old 01-28-2003, 07:23 AM   #104
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Well I believe I already appolagized for that,<P>If not than sorry anyway. And about Helm's Deep. There where a lot of the defenders that used longbow's and Legolas did have all those years to practise. You say that it is impossible or inhuman. Well DUH he issn't human. It would take a man 500 years to shoot like that. And a man doesn't have the time. He does. So that explains it. You should not be rooting so deep. Aragorn kill's every creature with one single stab does he? <P>Oh and about that Boromir thing. Boromir is just a lot tougher than Uruk-Hai's. The firsth shot took him to his knees and that one was in the shoulder. The second shot was in the hip. Legolas shoot's them in the gut's. Note the difference?<P>Well I rest my case for now.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-28-2003, 07:39 AM   #105
Finnguala
Wight

Sting

Ok sorry Helk,<P>I think I sounded a bit arrogant too...
Old 01-28-2003, 09:10 AM   #106
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Many men were as good as Elves in archery. Turin for one, and the Numenoreans were also said to be great archers, becuase in their early days they made few swords. I suppose archery wasn't Aragron's speciality.

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Old 01-28-2003, 12:38 PM   #107
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Plus this was never meant to be a serious thread. I still hold the opinion that in the next movie, Legolas should loose a little blood, or walk into a wall (I can picture it now).
Old 01-28-2003, 02:37 PM   #108
helkahothion

Eye

Ahw well,<P>I know that this is not a serious tread. You just had the bad luck of getting a huge Elv fan on it to defend their dignetie. And besides, Legolas could see that wall miles away. <P>Maybe he can be drop kicked by a Hobbit when having a little fun. They got Boromir down so why not Legolas right? I can life witht that. HAHAHAHA I just had a flash in my head of Pippin kicking Legolas down afther Legolas tought him swordfighting and hurtet his hand. That would be funny.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #109
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Why ait for him to teach them sword fighting? What about from behind *grins a shockingly evil grin*?<P>
Old 01-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #110
helkahothion

Eye

You meany,<P>*Run's out sobbing and cries like a little child*<P>Well it would be funny anyhow. Hahahahaahahahahaa. Legolas actualy saying ouch. H, I think I'm starting to understand you people. Still you don't come up with stuff I can understand <B>completely</B>.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-28-2003, 02:51 PM   #111
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Legolas saying ouch? What about those wonderful new swear words we had him learn earlier?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:24 PM   #112
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

If you think I'm mean, try Legolas hangman!<BR> <A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/static/games/lotr_bathtime/index.stm" TARGET=_blank>http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/static/games/lotr_bathtime/index.stm</A> <P>Okay, he doesnt actualy get hanged, just a little wet. And its harder than youd think.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #113
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks eleanor, it was fun to douse the pretty boy. I think the "hang-hobbit" on the barrow-downs is much more difficult, have you tried it?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:09 PM   #114
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

yeah, it kind of looses its fun when you have to work so hard.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:17 PM   #115
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

*shivers*<P>Oeoeoeoewh. Low, really low.<P>The graphics are crappy, but it's funny. Your right. It's not too hard. Just get it wrong and let that freak in hte tub take the shower. That guy was me right? Well it already makes me happy to see me in the bathtub with Orlando Bloom <BR>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-29-2003, 01:25 PM   #116
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

If that was me, then I need a face lift.<P>How can one person simultaniously be me and you?<P>Two males in a bathtub?<P>Why are they both fully dressed?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #117
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Well,<P>That's because I dragged Legolas in. .<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-29-2003, 03:28 PM   #118
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Poor Legolas...but I'll admit some of this thread has been funny...now I have a picture of him running in circles with flailinig arms "Ai! Ai! A Balrog!" <P>This picture was kinda funny...and look, he's dirty! (I know it's from behind the scenes pics but hey, I do what I can) <P><BR>

~The Fellowship of the King~
Old 01-29-2003, 03:29 PM   #119
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Shy Hobbit, add a little dress and pigtails. Are you scarred for life yet?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #120
chippydog

Shield

legolas is the coolest and by far my faveret charecter <P>`~`chaleng`~`<P>i chaleng you people to convince why legolas is stupid at all

Closed Thread