The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #121
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Gurthang's voting is downright horrible - and he has sticked around toDay but still he seems offering little and making sure his votes are the most safe. I have no lorebook on him (or it has gotten lost). Is this the way he usually plays? I had a belief (from somewhere) that he is an active and "substantial" player. In this game he has not shown either. A wolf then?
Except for that last question, you're pretty spot-on. I was highly active in previous games, but have little time to properly apply myself now. Which saddens me greatly. As per that, I shall not waste time trying to defend myself, as I am not much of an asset to the village. All I will say is I'm an ordinary innocent, and you may take that anywhere you want. (As I'm sure you will. )

Durelin's vote for me speaks in her favor. I think a wolf would be more fearful that people would see it as being 'jumpy'. Also her earlier post outlining possibilities leads me to think she's innocent. It was like she was thinking out loud (as I have sometimes done) and wolves will think quietly and censor everything they say. So, I'm clearing her for now.

--Durelin

(I'm still under the impression that I can do this. If not, someone please correct me.)

Since time is getting short, I'll scan as much as I can. Specifically, CoD.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #122
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I just hope Farael turns in, if he is an innocent! If he is a villain, may the "not voting for two days" -rule swallow him!

And Gurthang, good to see you. Unhappily we're talking of minutes here...

You sure come in late. If it's RL, no problem, but as you didn't say it is, that's more than suspicious...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #123
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I find it odd that you show up now Gurthang and change your vote. You don't have much time to browse the thread now. This makes me even more suspisious of you.

++Gurthang
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #124
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I find it odd that you show up now Gurthang and change your vote. You don't have much time to browse the thread now. This makes me even more suspisious of you.

++Gurthang
I must say I agree with Valier here. Were you innocent, you would have popped in much earlier...

++ Gurthang

I hope we do get it right this time.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Although it's sad if you fooled us with non-existent RL reasons - and even more sad if we did not believe your RL excuses... We'll see soon who was the fool.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #126
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, thank you Valier (and now Nogrod), for making the choice for me. Between me and Naria, I know only me. Being sympathetic for her plight, and not knowing if she is gifted, I'm going to spare her.

++Gurthang

I apologize for not being able to do anything constructive here. Once I'm dead, I advise (not that anyone's listening ) looking into CoD, and then any possible connections with CoD and Nogrod or Durelin.

I go now to a better place.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #127
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I haven't had time to read everything properly, but I'll post a vote at least? if I'm not too late....

++Durelin
To avoid mod-fire.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #128
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I have done some catch-up and finally can say something.

First thing of all --Durelin

I still think you are playing it too safe, and you may be a cobbler or a confused ordo, but there's something that bugs me a bit more.

Now, I know that this vote is highly ceremonial, since Gurthang is dead regardless of what I do, but howcome we are all too quick to forgive [B}CoD[/B]

And I mean REAL quick... for crying out loud, he has been suspecting those who suspect him and forgiving those who no longer suspect him. What kind of reasoning is that? And more disturbingly, howcome no-one is really calling him on it?

++CoD

Tomorrow (game time) if RL does not get in the way again, I shall take a good look, both at him and at those who are all to willing to forget about him.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Aren't we already 40 minutes over the deadline?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #130
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Aren't we already 40 minutes over the deadline?
We are, but until Jenny comes and says that the day is over, we can still post, I believe.

I hope she's ok though, I think she had said she was a little sick.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #131
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I do believe the deadlines are firm and mean bussiness... If they were not, the gaming would be a lot different and we should all be continuing, but not counting you, no one is...

I at least suppose there is no changing of anything and also that your vote doesn't count (not that it would have meant anything but still) as it was given too late.

Be here in time the next time!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #132
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
CLERICAL BUSINESS: No votes after the deadline count. Also, there is no mod-fire unless you violate SpM's guidelines for neighborly play, and any questions there would be run by Mormegil first. But that doesn't matter because we won't have that problem, right? Sorry I wasn't here--we ran out of packing tape and I was bad and forgot I needed to be here...

Day 2

The second day of the Fantasy Club's ordeal was filled with discussion: accusations, suspicions, and recriminations flew like flies among the members. As day ended, however, the club members looked askance at only one unlikely suspect: the mild-mannered preacher Gurthang.

He tried, very hard, to be gracious about it, even agreeing that his death would be useful to them, but no meekness would change their minds. As they came towards him, however, his courage fled, and so did he.

His speed was impressive, but his panic was not, and his flight ended rather abruptly: he tripped on an upraised root and flew at least ten feet through the air, landing with a thud and a sickening crack right in the bottom of the prepared grave next to Rikae.

The club members gathered around, looking down at the body in the bottom of the grave with sorrow. It was clearly human, no sign of the transformation that would mark the guilt they had been so sure of. Disheartened, they turned away, walking back to their tents in the darkling light.

"Well, that was clumsy," commented Rune.

"Convenient, though," responded Naria, who had helped haul the bodies of the others into neat graves earlier in the day.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2

Alive

Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Ya'll know the routine.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-11-2006 at 06:18 PM.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #133
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Ever since the first night, Rune had secretly been trying to hinder the club members. He offered little and nonsensical help, he appeared in discussions at unpredictable hours, and when three of his companions arrived in his tent, he was sure that his efforts were finally to be rewarded. "I knew you'd realize what an asset I am," he gushed happily, showing them to chairs he'd had ready for them. "This is what I've been thinking..."

Cheerfully he outlined a plan of elaborate deathlists and general mayhem. Finally he stopped to ask his guests their opinion. "Well, can I join the team?"

One shrugged. "I think we could find a good place for you."

When the transformation started, it still took Rune a few seconds to realize that his ardor for their cause wouldn't save him.

~*~

No 'good morning's were heard as the club members awoke and gathered despondently in the town square. They were sure that someone had been lost in the night, and there wasn't even a trace of surprise as they trudged to Rune's tent to see why he hadn't joined them. The mess inside didn't even faze them, so used were they to the horror of their situation.

But what did startle them were the placards and bits of notepaper strewn throughout the room, all in Rune's messy handwriting, and all threats and deathwishes against their own number. True, they were down yet another member...

But the wolves had clearly killed their cobbler.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3

Alive

Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

6 club members and a seer remain against three wolves...mistakes grow costly. Tread with care today...

Wolves, stop PMing. Club members, begin your discussions.

I know it's early, but I have a bible study class, and I figured it was better to be a little early than a lot late. Have fun and good luck to all.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #134
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Well, the wolves did our job for us. And that also means I'm not the cobbler. Glorious!

Should we look at Naria, who Rune last voted for?
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #135
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rune ??? Boy, I didn't see that one coming. Well, at least we got the cobbler out of the way, I wouldn't go as far as calling it a favour from the furry ones, but perhaps half.

I promised a hard look at CoD and some of the things going around him, and I shall... later, 'cos right now I'm a little busy. I really hope I don't miss the deadline again, this is getting really frustrating for me, I swear.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #136
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I agree with him, and yet I find it odd that he left out Naria.~Durelin
Naria had not voted for CoD or Anguirel. Though I see what you mean. Even if Naria's inactivity is due to a bad flu, I will get to her (and everyone) in a bit.

On the contrary Farael, Rune's death really doesn't surprise me in the least. Now we can see a pattern here developing with the wolves, so they want to kill the quiet one's and keep as low as a profile as possible...so it appears. Taking a look at the two death choices, it's quite clear what the wolves want to do here...Pin the 'talkers' against eachother, and eliminate the quiet ones.

When I get back, I shall see if there's anything to find in Rune's posts.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #137
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Farael, you would be wasting your time looking into me. And I will leave it at that.

I am highly suspicious of Naria. Even when she has been posting, she has been on the fringe. She has remained quite consistent in her shadiness. In addition, I think it is worth considering a possible connection to Rune's death. He, too, was also on the fringe, and his vote for her went fairly unnoticed. This fits the pattern of the wolves' killings, both Rikae and Rune were less active in the discussions.

X-posted with Boromir
Old 11-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #138
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I could bet I know why Rune was killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
CoD is innocent, just because. . .
Quote:
Naria is a wolf and need to be delt with (meaning I suspect her)
Seeing these quotes I find it most probable that CoD is innocent and Naria is a baddie, and the wolves thought Rune to be the seer. When he stated his opinion about all of the people in the village, these were the two to "jump out", of others he was not nearly as confident. And, as it happens, the seer had had two dreams that far.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #139
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok well heres my thoughts. After I reread the thread , I was sure that Rune was the Seer. He said in his last post.
Quote:
CoD is innocent, just because. . ./ Naria is a wolf and need to be delt with (meaning I suspect her)
I was sure someone else (namely the wolves) would surely have picked up on this and we would lose our Seer.
Hurray!! The wolves killed our town meddler for us.
This now makes me think Rune must have thought Naria innocent and CoD wolvish....why would Rune push to kill someone he was trying to help, he is on the bad team remember, and why say CoD is innocent unless he thought he could be a wolf?. He votes for Naria hoping others will follow and kill an innocent, or does he leave false Seer hints to get the real Seer to reveil themselves? Hmmmmm Well I don't know if we should follow anything he had to say. He was here to confuse us right. He didn't know who was who and his plan if he had one to out the Seer didn't work, so yeah! What do others think about all this?

Last edited by Valier; 11-12-2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: x-posted with Lommy
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #140
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
On the contrary Farael, Rune's death really doesn't surprise me in the least. Now we can see a pattern here developing with the wolves, so they want to kill the quiet one's and keep as low as a profile as possible...so it appears. Taking a look at the two death choices, it's quite clear what the wolves want to do here...Pin the 'talkers' against eachother, and eliminate the quiet ones.
Oh, no, you misunderstood me... I wouldn't have guessed Rune was the cobbler.

Quote:
Farael, you would be wasting your time looking into me. And I will leave it at that.
So you say, and yet... why should I trust you?

Back soon with my analysis
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ten points to Lommy for her accurate observations! And something like 9˝ for Valier from the other angle of this! Great job! And a 9 to Boromir, with some reservations to come... You should have an extra leave for this!

Lommy's points I think look more than reasonable concerning the reason why Rune was killed. Valier's points to the psychology of the cobbler-Rune were noteworthy too. We should look at both these threads with some interest toDay. They do not fit together a 100 percent, but are worthwhile to look more closely at.

What I was thinking myself followed the lines Boromir was thinking. But I surely have my own twist into this. Namely, the loud villagers present are either wolves or very badly misguided. That yells to myself: you're wrong, so wrong! The fact that I know I'm innocent and I'm still alive calls for heightening suspicion towards those I have somehow trusted. Remember we have no ranger to slow the wolves down so they can kill anyone they wish. So they want us loud-people to get into one another's throats, as Boro said?

Or then Lommy just hit the nail and they had to kill Rune as they were afraid he was the seer...

That has to be thought of. But I seemingly can't take anything for granted anymore as the wolves killing pattern seems pretty cunning indeed. Being merciful towards the loud-players (not killing them outright) is a characteristics of a self-assured wolves. Sorry Boro: you speak sense but I must add you to my suspicion-list because of what has happened. If you are a wolf, I would not be surprised of the way you play, if you're not, I might very well see that you have played intelligently...

Or then Lommy was right and the whole situation will look different...

How to see which one it was?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #142
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
This now makes me think Rune must have thought Naria innocent and CoD wolvish....why would Rune push to kill someone he was trying to help, he is on the bad team remember, and why say CoD is innocent unless he thought he could be a wolf?
Why would the wolves kill someone who thought CoD to be innocent if CoD is a wolf? Maybe to make it look like CoD is innocent? But why would they feel the need to? And you make the assumption that Rune had any idea who the wolves were. He knows no more than the rest of us do. I mean, actually it’s quite probably that he thought CoD was a wolf and Naria innocent, and so thought he was helping the wolves, but that doesn’t explain why the wolves killed him.

I find Lommy’s reasoning a little more sound. And Boromir’s point only makes me feel more certain that it is. There is a pattern in the wolf killings (even though we only have two to go on, which I think is quite enough for there to be a pattern when it comes to human or wolfish thought-processes): the killing of the quiet ones. I think another reason they might do this, in addition to Boro’s observation, is to try and get rid of the Seer as soon as possible, and there’s always a good chance that he/she is going to lie low.

Was it Rune’s comment about Naria that caught the wolves eyes? Or was it something else he pointed out?

I hope Naria will post today and help me decide one way or the other. Her vote yesterday, though it was hasty and unexplained for understandable reasons, still does not sit right with me. CoD certainly isn’t someone I’m sure about, but what I feel like could be taken from Naria’s vote is an attempt to remain appearing consistent simply for the sake of appearing consistent, and that bothers me.

Valier’s comment worries me a little, too. The reasoning there is a little faulty in my opinion, and I find it odd that she might risk twisting Rune’s death in the opposite direction that Lommy did just the post before. Odd, kind of reactionary.

Hopefully Volo will be back toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Naria had not voted for CoD or Anguirel. Though I see what you mean. Even if Naria's inactivity is due to a bad flu, I will get to her (and everyone) in a bit.
Ah, I’m sorry. Though, Naria did say she was leaning towards voting for CoD. I’m not sure why, but this calms my suspicions of you a bit.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #143
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The retired general is going to retire for some sleep now.

But if any one of you has extra time I think looking at the following things might be of help to us:
- The "safe votes" with regards to what we know now and about the innocence or "guilt" of the people involved.
- The trust / suspect relations between people voiced in the game so far. The wolves would like to make friends with the villagers they think might suspect them in a strong way and accuse those they believe would not do that... surely considerations in situ (on situatiation) should be noted.
- Pondering about the possible activeness / staying in the "shadowness" of the wolves. Meaning whether Lommy is right about Rune's death (the wolves feared "Rune the Seer" had got one of them) or if Boro is right (they confidently killed yet another quiet one to make the loud ones to go for each other, themselves grinning in the background).

PS. Boro being right with this fact does not mean he is innocent, quite on the contrary... it might point him being the one who came up with this tactics in the first place.

And Lommy might also be seen as revealing the tactics of the wolves just to look good and still being vague enough not to reveal anything of importance...

As I said before: with the Nightly killing record we have I'm not going to trust anyone for a while... There is at least one very crafty wolf involved here.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #144
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Valier’s comment worries me a little, too. The reasoning there is a little faulty in my opinion, and I find it odd that she might risk twisting Rune’s death in the opposite direction that Lommy did just the post before. Odd, kind of reactionary
Actually I crossposted with Lommy, so I did not see her views before I posted. what do you think is faulty about my comment? it is just my opinion, I am just trying to figure out what Rune was up to, if anything. I believe that he may have put out false Seer hints to try and get the Seer to come out, if not why even bother saying something so Seeresque? He must have known that either the real Seer would come out and call him a liar or that they wouldn't and he can confuse us all before he was killed by the wolves...
Old 11-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #145
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Warning: this is a really long post... but it might just be worth it to actually read it

Edit: Sorry guys, I messed up my links... I hope they all work fine, I don't have time to fix it.

Post 3
First post of the game… from scratch he claims that
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
So, I will surely have to wait and allow my superior intellect to grant me insight that the rest of you...commoners...could never obtain.
Is that a Seer hint on the first post of the game? A Seer will probably not do it, an ordo trying to protect the Seer wouldn’t either… since the wolves haven’t even had a chance to get a feel for the true seer. What does that leave us with?
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496925&postcount=13
]Post 13[/URL]
Says that being evil does not mean being a wolf, and claims that maybe we should all keep an eye on me and Durelin. I don’t think that ever happened, at least not by him.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496944&postcount=18]Post 18[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomy
#3 CaptainofDespair is a bit odd. I mean, when Farael (jokingly, or that's how I understood it, though you never know of him) accused Durelin calling her "evil Durelin" and proposing to lynch her, CaptainofDespair says:
Quote:
But admitted vileness does not mean wolf-dom. I would certainly know that. In my private life I have been accused, out of many things, of evicting peasants from their homes so that my game-hunting lands can be expanded. And that's just my pre-afternoon warmup.
To me, this sounds a wolfish (yet not very clever) tactic to get the accusations away from Durelin. According to my experience, there are two situations when one may defend a fellow villager like this: when the person is an over-reacting wolf and tries to get the accusations away from his/her partner or when the person in question thinks he/she has a good joke to answer the accusation with (which was not the case, in my opinion, or else I don't get CoD's sense of humour). So I'm inclined to believe the clumsy wolf-tactics, but I know nothing of CoD's playing records or ww experience, so it's difficult to say. So maybe I'm just overreacting, but that just caught my eye.
So, Loomy is calling CoD on somewhat flimsy grounds, but she has a point that maybe he was deflecting accusations off Durelin. He did say that we should keep an eye on her (and me) but he never DID keep an eye on us, so I’m starting to think he tried a concealed defence of Durelin and then tried to distance from her, just in case.

Well, I promised to make a comprehensive analysis on CoD so I have to try and add everything for your sake. That includes the Following (rather innocuous I think) comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel on post 20 (no link, not really worth it IMO)
I can't stay long, but I thought CoD was quite funny...

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496958&postcount=22]Post 22[/URL]
By Loomy again

Quote:
Good that you said that. Maybe it was intended as a funny joke instead of a defense.

But it might have been a clumsy defense as well, and my vote is based on that possibility:

++CaptainofDespair

Check my first post for longer reasoning
So, we have the first vote for CoD

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496963&postcount=23]Post 23[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
The drunkard Thinlomien's vote is, I believe, influenced by time and alcohol more than any nefarious reason - though it could be a way of staying out of the spotlight as a werewolf, I see this as unlikely.
Really interesting… is that a defense? We know Ang was an ordo, I have no idea why he was defending CoD. Perhaps he liked his sense of humour.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496970&postcount=25]Post 25[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Thinlo...I really am having trouble understanding your logic...
Quote:
Perhaps we should keep an eye on both Farael and Durelin.~CoD
I mean I know it's Day 1 and all, and we all are grasping at straws here. But honestly CoD is one of the most innocent looking people (at least to me). Really he is the only one that has spoken some decent sense to me so far (see above quote), instead of complete bilge. I won't cast my vote for somebody that's been trying to make some sense out of the non-sensical Day 1's.
Well, I don’t see where CoD has talked some decent sense. All he’s done was talk in character and say you all should suspect me and Durelin. Don’t you all agree? By all means, go back through the thread and tell me if I missed something here… the only reason one would have to suspect me and Durelin was our three-post interchange about “Evil Durelin”. Granted, some may see that as suspicious, perhaps CoD is one of those “some” but to say that because he called us on it he’s one of the few actually talking some sense? Other than that, so far he’s only played in character! Boromir that really makes you look bad in my eyes.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496974&postcount=28]Post 28[/URL]
Quote:
I see why some people wish see CoD innocent, but are you sure you're not misled here? (Well, no one can be sure, but think again).

I'm not referring to the post Lommy based her suspicion. If you look at it more carefully, you will see that after doubting Farel's point over Durelin, CoD thinks we should look closely both of them...
Ah Nogrod… you bring up an interesting point. CoD seems to defend Durelin but then he wants to keep an eye on both of us. Perhaps my theory of a veiled defence and then some distancing “just in case” is not that far off, eh?

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496985&postcount=31]Post 31[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
I disagree. There are 14 people in this troop here....3 of whom who have yet to say something, the chances that at least one of those three actually is a wolf wouldn't be at all unusual.

Yes, the wolves do like to get out there and get the village turning (right now, for me, Nogrod, Anguirel, and CoD would fall under here). However, I wouldn't put it past at least one of the wolves to say very little (if anything at all) on Day 1...while one or both of their buddies go out and get their hands dirtied.

On those three above, I probably won't vote for any of them, today...though Nogrod looks the most dangerous (of the three). His suspicion of CoD looks a little bold for a wolf to make, but with his family history I wouldn't put anything past him. So, I guess you could say I'll be watching Nogrod.
Boromir suspects Nogrod on the basis of his accusation against CoD. He then mellows it down a little bit, but still… he is, again, defending CoD from scrutiny. Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

Now, it gets quite pretty here
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496990&postcount=32]Post 32[/URL]
The post is fairly long and I don’t want to quote all of it. You have the link right up there if you want to re-read it for yourself.
Nogrod Calls CoD on his seemingly seer-hint on the first post of the game. That’s a good call. He makes pretty much the same points I made about that first post.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496995&postcount=34]Post 34[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune, the cobbler
I am not convinced about CoD's guilt and I did not pay any atention to his comment when I saw it. . .so I am not going to hunt his head just yet.
Now, Rune did NOT have any insight what so ever about the identity of the wolves. Yet, he does have his instinct, thus odds are that he’ll try to protect whoever seems wolfish, without getting his hands too dirty. I can’t say I’m privy to Rune’s train of thought, but what I CAN say is that to me, it sounds as if he was defending CoD and trying to downplay what might have been a slip-up. Why would he take that risk if he didn’t think CoD was a wolf? After all, we all know that whoever defends someone who turns out lupine will be scrutinized rather closely.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496996&postcount=35]Post 35[/URL]
Quote:
I'm not saying I'm convinced about CoD's guilt either. It's just the only suspicion that I can ground with some sense. If I'm not able to find any better candidates I will vote for CoD, but happily there's time and I will surely try to do some rewieving of other people later on.
Nothing really bad there… maybe Nogrod toning down his accusation a bit, but that’s not too rare in these situations.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=496998&postcount=37]Post 37[/URL]
CoD is STILL talking in character. I must say I do appreciate that, we all forget too readily to RP who we are supposed to be. Well, too late for that, I’m already in a “serious” mood. He defends himself somewhat playfully, and then he says he suspects Thinlomien. Why? He doesn’t say, but we know (from a further comment that’ll be brought up soon) that he does so because she suspected him on the first place. What kind of logic is that? I won’t deny that at times, people that go after you tend to look a bit more suspicious than the rest, but usually you need some other reason before you actually suspect them.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497003&postcount=38]Post 38[/URL]
Naria accuses CoD of being the cobbler. A rather likely proposition, that now we see is wrong. Yet, she has a point that CoD has been acting in a rather… strange fashion. She brings up a great point that, by hinting at seerdom, he’ll cast just that tiny bit of doubt in our minds that will most likely stop us from voting for him unless the evidence is clearly condemning. And let’s face it, other than the Seer saying so, there is no condemning evidence.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497007&postcount=39]Post 39[/URL]
Nogrod agrees on the possibility of CoD being the cobbler, and calls Naria on a somewhat confusing notion she brought up.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497012&postcount=40]Post 40[/URL]
CoD claims that Naria’s logic is flawed, and offers a “if I was…” post. I don’t usually like those posts, because the author can claim how he’d act as a wolf and then just act slightly differently. Why should we trust what he says about how he would act as a villain?

Furthermore, he again suspects those that suspect him. He’s changed the focus, no longer claiming to want to keep an eye on me and Durelin but just suspecting the ones that suspect him. Is he trying to intimidate them off his scent? That’s a rather wolfish technique, if you ask me.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497013&postcount=41]Post 41[/URL]
Volo makes the same point I made before. What about me and Durelin?

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497014&postcount=42]Post 42[/URL]
Our aristocrat defends himself by saying that he never suspected us, he just said that we deserved to be looked at. Then he claims that, unlike the ones he suspects, we have not accused him for being on character. Don’t worry CoD I still don’t suspect you for being on character, as you can see I suspect you for a dubious reasoning for suspecting people (specially when, as we’ll see soon, he stops suspecting Loomy once she drops her suspicions of him), for talking a lot and adding little (all this in character stuff is fun, I must admit, but you are not saying a whole lot) and perhaps most importantly, for being over-defensive. So far, all he’s done is defend himself and attack those that suspect him. Not to mention that seer hint…

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497019&postcount=44]Post 44[/URL]
Durelin gives a half-hearted defence of CoD claiming that there always is the possibility of a very misguided innocent. Then she shifts the sights on Ang whom we know now was an ordo.

Anyone else remembers that post where CoD is somewhat defending Durelin although he then distances himself from her by saying that you should keep an eye on her and me? Is that Durelin returning a favour…. Or perhaps is it that the werewolves have agreed on defending each other a little bit if possible?

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497020&postcount=45]Post 45[/URL]
Nogrod offers his views on several villagers and then says that CoD’s calmness speaks on his favour, although he still thinks that there is something wrong about him.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497021&postcount=46]Post 46[/URL]
Boromir says that it’s a pity that CoD mellowed down his ‘accusation’ against Durelin and I because that was the reason he did not suspect him, as he (Boromir) suspects us for our little interaction earlier on the day.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497028&postcount=49]Post 49[/URL]
CoD defends himself again, and defends his first post. He admits that he stopped looking at Durelin and I to defend himself better. Now I wonder, if he was truly on the village side and wanted us ordos to win, what’s the point on defending himself so stubbornly? At some point, you should try to add to the village discussion and prove your worth, rather than claim your worth and spend your time just protecting your own backside. In this case, it might even be a furry backside he’s trying to protect.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497038&postcount=52]Post 52[/URL]
Nogrod clarifies his accusation against CoD and calls him on the fact that CoD was asking for definitive evidence… on Day 1. A rare luxury, eh?.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497042&postcount=53]Post 53[/URL]
CoD goes ahead and votes for Loomy on the basis of her vote for him. This really smells like a retaliatory vote, and that’s bad… furthermore, it’s not like CoD had to vote early and so he had nothing to go on, other than the outrage of being voted at. He voted an hour before the deadline, so there had been plenty of conversation up until then.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497043&postcount=54]Post 54[/URL]
Rikae strolls in and votes for CoD on the basis of coblerishness. Sort of a weak post, I wouldn’t make much of it if it wasn’t because… Rikae is dead. Yeah, you could say “oh, it’s too bold a move for CoD to be a wolf” but come on… Rikae’s vote was as unexplained as possible. ANY half-witted werewolf can dance his way out of that situation. And we all know that CoD does not really like people who suspect him, don’t we. Rikae was both an easy target and a CoD voter. Good fit, anyone?

And that’s Day 1…. Let’s move on to the second day.

Here’s a post I find rather interesting.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497160&postcount=79]Post 79[/URL]
Now, this is a little bold for a wolf to do but… Durelin basically suspects and then “unsuspects” both Boromir and CoD. Boromir has defended CoD before, CoD has defended Durelin and Durelin has also defended CoD… interesting group of three villagers, eh? What? You mean that there is another group of three? A group that we are all looking for? Go figure…

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497164&postcount=81]Post 81[/URL]
CoD expresses his condolences about the death of Ang and proposes a rather far-fetched theory of why the wolves would kill Rikae. Says that he suspects Durelin. I think that it’s unlikely that the group of three I just mentioned are all wolves, as they seem to be fairly at each other’s throats, but they might just be taking a “high risk, high reward” approach.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497171&postcount=84]Post 84[/URL]
Durelin asks Boro and CoD to lay off her a bit. She might be an ordo after all, but I’m not so sure about the CoD and Boro tandem. She’s not off the hook, but as I mentioned right above, it might be a bit too risky an approach for a group of wolves to be all at each other’s throat.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497207&postcount=91]Post 91[/URL]
Loomy calls Cod on his “retaliatory” style of playing. She has a point, it seems that those who suspect CoD are suspected by him, and those who don’t are not. Will I be suspected now?

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497252&postcount=100]Post 100[/URL]
Nogrod says that CoD had looked less suspicious at first, but agrees with Loomy that his reasons for suspecting (and not suspecting) people are rather weak.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497266&postcount=104]Post 104[/URL]
Naria casts an unexplained vote for CoD

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497271&postcount=106]Post 106[/URL]
Loomy makes her point again of CoD’s flawed logic and his attempt (whether accidental or not) at a seer hint.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497276&postcount=110]Post 110[/URL]
CobleRune talks about his hunches…. Since he’s the cobbler, we should revert them, as odds are he’ll claim whoever he thinks is an ordo to be a wolf and vice-versa. Now, I am not saying he had any insider’s knowledge, all I’m saying is that he says that he thinks CoD is an ordo, thus he probably thinks he’s actually a wolf.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497277&postcount=111]Post 111[/URL]
CoD does not like Naria’s vote. Granted, it’s not explained what so ever… but she did vote for him of all people, and now it seems that he suspects her.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497281&postcount=113]Post 113[/URL]
Nogrod calls CoD again on his method of suspecting those that suspect him.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497285&postcount=115]Post 115[/URL]
Valier calls CoD on his constant flip-flopping of whom he suspects.

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/showpost.php?p=497289&postcount=118]Post 118[/URL]
CoD defends himself from Valier’s comments and votes for Naria on the basis of… the two times she has accused him although the second time it had no reasoning behind it, which is a valid point. Yet, he (again) seems to be casting a retaliatory vote. On Day 2?! I don’t like them on Day 1, but now it’s just getting bad.

And that’s the end of Day 2.

Day 3 is upon us, I think that I’ll let you read through it and make your own decisions.

But, my thoughts on Day 3.

Valier has a point. One could say that Loomy’s point of view would be more correct, but there is one problem. More often than not, wolves will not kill someone who has just accused them if they think that person is the Seer. If Rune had turned out to be the seer, I would think that the wolves would have avoided killing him right there and then, because it would have meant the death of a wolvish Naria

Therefore I think that the wolves killed Rune because of his relative silence, and possibly to frame Naria as a side-effect. I don’t think they would have killed him if Naria was a wolf, because as I just said, that’d mean the death of Naria

By the way, Durelin, Boro and CoD keep on interacting… see post 142 by Durelin
Old 11-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #146
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I have gone through Rune's posts. There are a few possibilities running through my head.

1) The wolves killed Rune to confuse us even further and continue us spiralling in circles. It may have worked better than they intended as it just so happens they kill the cobbler...so exactly how much info can we get out of Rune's posts?

2) The wolves as Lommy points out believed Rune was the seer and this would put a mark on Naria and Volo...as those seem to be the two people he 'suspected' the most. This begs the again, just exactly how much reliablity can we put in Rune's 'suspicions?'

I'm growing wary of Lommy over there whom is pushing the wolves must have believed Rune was the seer, and claims she knows exactly why he was killed...because of his comments. This rings some alarms in my head. Such narrow-minded thinking into believing only one 'right answer' is dangerous. If you are innocent, you should open your mind a bit.

I don't think I can get anything clarified further until I see something from Naria.

Edit: x-posted with Farael
Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #147
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is how I see it:

Wolves seldom bluff quite as diabolically as Villagers think they do. The Wolves want to kill the seer, why would they waste their time killing Rune if they didn't think he was the seer? Sure, it could be a plot to make CoD look good and Naria look bad, but we won't know for sure unless we kill one of them.

I'm leaning towards killing Naria.

1. It makes the most sense, to me, that the wolves smelled a seer in Rune and they killed him.
2. CoD has been more active.

Now, as I said yesterDay, I know she has the flu. But this isn't really a good reason not to vote for her. In fact, it's a good reason, as we KNOW Naria will not be playing, participating, or thinking to the best of her abilities. We're not going to get the answers and contributions from her that we might normally expect. Frankly, if I had a bad flu I'd rather die than have to drag myself to the computer to mess around with werewolf. And just because she's sick doesn't mean she's not a wolf, ergo it's no good as an alibi. Sure, it explains why she's absent, but it doesn't have any bearing on what role she was assigned at the beginning.

If you don't want to kill Naria, then kill CoD, and we can put this Rune business to rest. That's what I think, anyway.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #148
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Therefore I think that the wolves killed Rune because of his relative silence, and possibly to frame Naria as a side-effect. I don’t think they would have killed him if Naria was a wolf, because as I just said, that’d mean the death of Naria
I think this is flawed logic. If Rune was the seer and knew about Naria, she was already a lost cause. The other two wolves wouuld be more concerned about saving their own skins by preventing Rune from dreaming any further, than they would be about protecting a Naria who was likely already doomed. Consider, from the wolves' point of view -- if Rune the Seer was allowed to continue speaking he would likely continue going after Naria (maybe even reveal and seal the deal) and every night he was allowed to dream he could potentially discover more wolves. The seer must die, even if it means sacrificing one wolf out of three.

And consider now our current discussions. We're debating whether or not Naria is a wolf. This is better for the wolves than having a seer around who can just outright say "Naria is a wolf, end of story, lynch her."

Now, I'm not saying I know this to be true. But I think the logic is good. What is logical and what is true is not always the same in Werewolf, but as I don't know any truths about the wolves and what they're thinking, I can only go by what I think is the most logical.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #149
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

*sighs*

Farael, I'm not going to answer your ridiculous post point by point, as there is no...well...point. I will say one thing, however. You, and quite a few others, have taken my first posts way out of context. And, those posts are the basis for nearly every accusation against me. I was simply playing around in character, as I was quite amused by being a Pompous Nobleman.

And further, I will not respond to any more accusations that stem from my in-character posting. It is simply far too silly to have questions of wolf-dom/cobbler-dom simply because I felt inclined to post as the character I chose to be.

If I was not so adamant about lynching Naria today, I would certainly be looking into you.

And on to that, I am inclined to agree with Diamond that we could lynch Naria on being absent. And since I believe her to be a wolf, I agree all the more.

I stand quite firm on my desire to vote for Naria. Although it is unlikely I will be steered from that course, I will not vote until later tomorrow.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 11-12-2006 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling and/or Grammar Correction
Old 11-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #150
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry, Valier, if I might have touched a nerve.

Quote:
I believe that he may have put out false Seer hints to try and get the Seer to come out, if not why even bother saying something so Seeresque?
That is quite possible...that wasn't what I was addressing. The real issue is why he was killed, not what he was trying to do. If he was killed because the wolves thought he was the Seer, it is possible that he was actually correct in his suspicions, obviously to his dismay and downfall. Yes, your option is possible, but the only real reason you cited for it being possible were that Rune, as the Cobbler, wanted to help the wolves. Thus, your reasoning is illogical, even if your conclusion is possible. And I do apologize for the accusation of being "reactionary."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
If you don't want to kill Naria, then kill CoD, and we can put this Rune business to rest. That's what I think, anyway.
I think lynching one of these two is an excellent idea, as I think we have a good chance of finding a wolf in one of them. And I know I will never be able to get this "Rune business" out of my head until it is settled. I would be up for lynching either one.

Quote:
By the way, Durelin, Boro and CoD keep on interacting… see post 142 by Durelin
Interacting? In the post you cite, I am actually interacting with Valier, remarking on her ideas regarding why Rune was lynched. I was asking questions that involved CoD because frankly, the best way to help expand an idea is to ask questions...and it's the best way to figure something out if you don't completely understand something. And I responded again to Boro's explanation...how shocking. I at least wanted to let him know I had seen it and understood it. I'm sorry, but your accusation seems based largely on whose name is in bold in my post, and that bothers me.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #151
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
*sighs*

Farael, I'm not going to answer your ridiculous post point by point, as there is no...well...point. I will say one thing, however. You, and quite a few others, have taken my first posts way out of context. And, those posts are the basis for nearly every accusation against me. I was simply playing around in character, as I was quite amused by being a Pompous Nobleman. .
Alright, don't answer the questions raised by your roleplaying... that wasn't the point of my post.

Care to answer about the questions raised by your consistently suspecting those that suspect you, solely on the basis of their suspicions? The way I see it, that has nothing to do with roleplaying and yet it is my biggest problem with your playing so far.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #152
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for the double-post folks, I somehow managed to miss this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Interacting? In the post you cite, I am actually interacting with Valier, remarking on her ideas regarding why Rune was lynched. I was asking questions that involved CoD because frankly, the best way to help expand an idea is to ask questions...and it's the best way to figure something out if you don't completely understand something. And I responded again to Boro's explanation...how shocking. I at least wanted to let him know I had seen it and understood it. I'm sorry, but your accusation seems based largely on whose name is in bold in my post, and that bothers me.
Well, Durelin have you taken the time to read through my seemingly endless post? I found what I believe to be a pattern. I'll be the first one to say it's an unlikely one, but still it does seem to be a consistent trend. You three have been accusing, forgiving, defending and distancing from each other. Maybe you are not all wolves, but I'm fairly sure one of you at the very least is. Possibly even two.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #153
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I don't know if Valier's reasoning is all that illogical. I think it's possible the wolves believed Rune was actually the cobbler, they saw his duty done so they killed him. Now why would wolves want to kill their ally?

Well as we all know the Cobbler doesn't know who the wolves are, and the wolves don't know who the Cobbler is. However, the Cobbler's duty is to stir as much confusion as possible. As Rune I think has certainly done this, because of the wolves choice.

I have memoirs from ancestors who were cursed, and they talk about actually killing a person they suspected to be the Cobbler. Since the Cobbler is trying to sew as much disorder and confusion as possible, and killing the Cobbler would do just that. As we don't know what we can take from the Cobbler's death. The wolves can effectively use a Cobbler by not only keeping him alive but actually killing him.

I don't know if lynching Naria or CoD would be the best thing either. As I have yet to see why either of them our wolves. Grant it, I think it would clear away this Rune thing, if neither of them are wolves what good does that do? We can't fiddle around much longer and keep on making these mistakes just so we can put to rest this 'Rune conversation.' If I can see a reasoning (which I will be looking at both of them) that one (or even both) are wolves, than let's do it. But, I'm not too fond of this idea...'let's just lynch one of them so we can figure out what the wolves were planning when they killed Rune.' We don't got a lot of room for error left.

I may just go back to my first night vote for Farael...he seems a bit hasty here. Perhaps for real life reasons he wasn't active for the first couple days. Then yesterday he comes in too late to vote. He's sure making his presence known today.

What I mean by he seems hasty, is first off I don't understand this:
Quote:
More often than not, wolves will not kill someone who has just accused them if they think that person is the Seer. If Rune had turned out to be the seer, I would think that the wolves would have avoided killing him right there and then, because it would have meant the death of a wolvish Naria
I forget who pointed it out, but wolves would gladly make a sacrifice to nab the Seer....especially when the Seer is the only gifted in the village and the wolves have the amount of success they have had so far.

Also, I don't like this Durelin, CoD, and myself trio you've concocted up. How about we focus on just getting one wolf before we start thinking of who his/her partners are? While it's good to look for connections and possible 'partnerships' it's virtually useless until we actually get a wolf to go off of. When we get these groups of 'trios' before even finding one wolf it creates confusion and a mass of possibilities that may not even be true (especially if a wolf is the one making the 'trio'). To me it looks like you're attempting to group people together, attach 'wolf trio' to them, and trying to fool everyone into follow along with you.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #154
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I may just go back to my first night vote for Farael...he seems a bit hasty here. Perhaps for real life reasons he wasn't active for the first couple days. Then yesterday he comes in too late to vote. He's sure making his presence known today.

What I mean by he seems hasty, is first off I don't understand this:

I forget who pointed it out, but wolves would gladly make a sacrifice to nab the Seer....especially when the Seer is the only gifted in the village and the wolves have the amount of success they have had so far.

Also, I don't like this Durelin, CoD, and myself trio you've concocted up. How about we focus on just getting one wolf before we start thinking of who his/her partners are? While it's good to look for connections and possible 'partnerships' it's virtually useless until we actually get a wolf to go off of. When we get these groups of 'trios' before even finding one wolf it creates confusion and a mass of possibilities that may not even be true (especially if a wolf is the one making the 'trio'). To me it looks like you're attempting to group people together, attach 'wolf trio' to them, and trying to fool everyone into follow along with you.
My friend, you are free to make your own choices, that's why I took the time to go through, post by post, CoD's comments. I tried to show my reasoning. Flawed? only the wolves, and perhaps the Seer, know it. Does that mean I want people to follow me? well, I think I'm right, thus I do want people to follow me... so I lay out the facts, and I say the way I see them so that perhaps others will see things the same way I do.

Is that a wolfish tactic? I don't think so, after all, you are doing the same. Are you a wolf, Mr. Boromir?

And this "trio" of mine surged from my analysis of CoD it is just a consequence of what I saw happening, and something I thought I'd bring up. After all, none of us ordos knows when he'll be killed, either by lynching or by murdering. I think we are best off speakin as much as we can, when RL does not get in the way. Besides, that way we are much more likely to step on some furry toes. Eventually things will become clear, and I hope that three (game) days from now, someone will look back and say "hey, maybe Farael wasn't that far off... if we add these new facts to what he said on day 3, maybe he was on to something".

Or maybe someone will say "look... Farael said this, the wolves did this and this, which means that it is likely that such and such is a wolf!"

Who knows what may happen? I say we do our best to explain ourselves to the fullest and let others make their own choices. That does not mean toss accusations randomly, but if there is something you think you should bring up, why not? Afraid of getting killed? only the furry ones should be.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:58 AM   #155
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I'm growing wary of Lommy over there whom is pushing the wolves must have believed Rune was the seer, and claims she knows exactly why he was killed...because of his comments. This rings some alarms in my head. Such narrow-minded thinking into believing only one 'right answer' is dangerous. If you are innocent, you should open your mind a bit.
Well, when I was asking myself why Rune was killed I remembered that post, checked it and was quite confident I was right since it all fit so "beautifully". I still think I'm right about that, but of course I can't be sure because I can't read the wolves' minds. So, I acknowledge the possibility of me being wrong. I don't deny that the wolves could have killed Rune to frame Naria and make CoD look innocent, but one could think they would be more intent on seer-hunting. In my opinion the seer's their worst threat right now, because they are "winning" since there's 7 innocent people and all the three wolves are still alive. The seer, however, has the potential to turn the situation upside down for our good.

And CoD seems to be continuing his annoying tactic of retaliatory suspicion...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #156
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

My time is limited today, but I will return a few hours before the deadline. My vote will go to either Naria or CoD. One needs to go, so we can put aside this Rune thing. I am unsure who should go though...I would like to hear more from both.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #157
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I'm out of ideas just like earlier, sorry, but at least I should thank Farael for his post that may still turn me into some use.

The only new things that I can say is a mixed feeling about Nogrod being a wolf, it is strange that he hasn't been killed yet and that makes him look wolfish, but it is great that he doesn't die first in every game...

And his innocence is boosted by the fact that nobody has accused him, meaning that often the seer targets Nogrod on the first day. The only things I don't really like from his actions is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod, #82
Of whom I seem to have no read-out whatsoever:
Farael
Gurthang
Volo
Rune
Naria
and his vote on the first day.

I'm not really sure why, but his deciding vote for wierd Anguirel feels evil. And that list of players that have written confusingly, it has an air of "don't listen to those"...

Of Farael I'll just say that the long post itself is reassuring and I doubt that most wolves would write something like that, for that I really feel like voting ++CoD.

Other players I wouldn't go far enough to trust even mildly.

I'm late even now as I write so bye.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #158
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Alright, don't answer the questions raised by your roleplaying... that wasn't the point of my post.

Care to answer about the questions raised by your consistently suspecting those that suspect you, solely on the basis of their suspicions? The way I see it, that has nothing to do with roleplaying and yet it is my biggest problem with your playing so far.
You really want to know why? Here's why: Because I feel like it.

You really must come to understand that. I am not going to look for 'evidence'. There is none. Everything that you or anyone else comes up with is based on how you feel about certain things (for example, your own feeling, Farael, that there is a connection between Durelin, Boromir, and myself). You have no actual evidence. And you know what, I'm going on feeling as well.

So unless you come up with actual proof I'm a wolf, it's all just about how you feel that's at the core of the matter. And that is how my voting goes. I don't like being suspected, and I don't enjoy having to waste my time defending myself again and again, day after day. So I will vote for those that attack me and hope I can get rid of them. If they back off, so will I.

Either accept it, or don't. I no longer care whether you, or anyone else, does or not.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #159
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Boro, I'm a little confused about two things in your post.

Quote:
I don't know if lynching Naria or CoD would be the best thing either. As I have yet to see why either of them our wolves. Grant it, I think it would clear away this Rune thing, if neither of them are wolves what good does that do?
Right now, the best clue about anything that I can see is the connection between Rune's death and Rune's posting, and that points to Naria as a wolf and CoD as an innocent, or vice versa, depending on how you interpret the wolves' kill psychology.

Quote:
'Twould be me who made that point. Does this mean you're in agreement that the wolves thought Rune a likely seer? Or wanted us to think they thought Rune a seer? If so, why do you not see why Naria (or CoD) could be a wolf?

At any rate, I'm going to stick with my plan from earlier and go ahead with my vote:

++Naria
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #160
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Right now, the best clue about anything that I can see is the connection between Rune's death and Rune's posting, and that points to Naria as a wolf and CoD as an innocent, or vice versa, depending on how you interpret the wolves' kill psychology.
That all relies on the belief that you think the wolves believed Rune to be the Seer. I don't think so.

My point to objection of lets lynch one of these two to figured out the wolves plan and what they thought about Rune is don't you realize this thinking could spell out the end of us. What is happening today is a focus has gone on two individuals, there are 10 people in this village, which means you are ignoring 8 for today.

This idea just spells out disaster for me. What happens if the wolves are snickering as their plan has worked and we are crying for a lynching of two innoncents? Again we can't make the same mistakes we have done the first two days, and we don't have a lot of room left for error.

Let's say Naria is lynched and she's innocent, what does this prove? Does this prove that CoD is a wolf? No it doesn't, but what do we do?

It's completely possible, I am absolutely wrong here and that one, or even both, are wolves. But this idea of lets lynch one of them today is dangerous...especially if both are innocent. The focus that has gone on these two is dangerous, as you have ignored 80% of the people in this village...which I fear is falling right into the wolves plan.

Quote:
'Twould be me who made that point. Does this mean you're in agreement that the wolves thought Rune a likely seer? Or wanted us to think they thought Rune a seer? If so, why do you not see why Naria (or CoD) could be a wolf?
No, I don't. I was pointing out that Farael's reasoning of if the wolves believed Rune was the seer, and he had named one of them, they would not have killed him. I was agreeing with the point made that wolves would gladly sacrifice one of their own if they feld they had the seer.

I don't think the wolves thought Rune was the seer. I think they indeed thought he was the Cobbler. Again, a cobbler can be just as effective dead as a live one. Looking at how today's gone so far, I think the wolves plan has gone all too well.

We're focusing on two people, ignoring the rest of the village, and basing our suspicions off of some flimsy reasoning. If I am convinced CoD or Naria is a wolf, I will vote for one of them. But right now I have a big fear the wolves are sitting back snickering as their two victims are in place for a lynch.