The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Game Playing Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #4001
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla
 
Firefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7,646
Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Fine by me.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #4002
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik
 
piosenniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pickin' flowers with Bill the Cat.....
Posts: 7,791
piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please post all your planning and discussion pertaining to the new RPG, Hard Winters, on the Hard Winters Planning/Discussion Thread.

I moved Nogrod's post there - #3986 on this thread and also the discussion posts between Nogrod and Firefoot - #'s 3994 thru 3999.

I'll move others as needed - but do feel free to talk about your new RPG on its own Planning/Discussion thread.

Thanks in advance!

~*~ Pio
piosenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #4003
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster
 
littlemanpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The Edge of Faerie
Posts: 7,049
littlemanpoet is a guest at the Prancing Pony.littlemanpoet is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Yes, please, Pio. Any posts that are mainly discussing the new set up and transition rather than how things were at Scarburg, should be on the Hard Winters discussion thread.

If a post covers both, is it a problem for them to show on both threads?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #4004
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik
 
piosenniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pickin' flowers with Bill the Cat.....
Posts: 7,791
piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Yes, please, Pio. Any posts that are mainly discussing the new set up and transition rather than how things were at Scarburg, should be on the Hard Winters discussion thread.

If a post covers both, is it a problem for them to show on both threads?
The posts I move from this Meadhall thread will stay here on this thread, but will appear on the Hard Winters Planning/Discussion thread as posted under my name - they are, however, all referenced at the top to the original poster's name and linked to the original post here on this thread.
__________________
Eldest, that’s what I am . . . I knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless - before the Dark Lord came from Outside.
piosenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #4005
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster
 
littlemanpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The Edge of Faerie
Posts: 7,049
littlemanpoet is a guest at the Prancing Pony.littlemanpoet is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thanks Pio. Best Desultory Dwimmerlaik I know....
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #4006
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,046
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
I just realised I do not really have enough material to write a fill-in post for Hilderinc, I have more like some things I want to mention somewhere, but they are fairly few. They could be also incorporated into something bigger. (Such as... G55, how is the post you've been talking about? Is the idea of drafting up something and sending it to me, or co-writing it, still on?)

One of the things I wanted to mention somewhere, but which I might just point out here, is one thing that's been present throughout the previous thread and which really stood out when I was re-reading: Hilderinc's attitude towards Léof. So maybe also for your convenience, Firefoot, if you wished to take it into account when thinking how Léof's attitude to Hilderinc might have developed during those years: on the previous thread, Hilderinc has consistently been calling Léof "the stablemaster" inside his head since the moment they met, and I've been thinking, given that, he might have started using it even aloud during the years. Kind of developing the habit. Whether Léof would consider it embarassing, or think it's a mockery, or think it's appreciation, or "wear it with pride", or just think Hilderinc was weird, whatever... (Hilderinc is using it rather as a kind of friendly title, sometimes in appreciation, but however Léof interprets it is of course up to him.) So, just saying. (I will of course keep using it in the future and if you want Léof to react to it, we can sometime do it. I think such an opportunity would arise by itself eventually.)
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #4007
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla
 
Firefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7,646
Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
One of the things I wanted to mention somewhere, but which I might just point out here, is one thing that's been present throughout the previous thread and which really stood out when I was re-reading: Hilderinc's attitude towards Léof. So maybe also for your convenience, Firefoot, if you wished to take it into account when thinking how Léof's attitude to Hilderinc might have developed during those years: on the previous thread, Hilderinc has consistently been calling Léof "the stablemaster" inside his head since the moment they met, and I've been thinking, given that, he might have started using it even aloud during the years. Kind of developing the habit. Whether Léof would consider it embarassing, or think it's a mockery, or think it's appreciation, or "wear it with pride", or just think Hilderinc was weird, whatever... (Hilderinc is using it rather as a kind of friendly title, sometimes in appreciation, but however Léof interprets it is of course up to him.) So, just saying. (I will of course keep using it in the future and if you want Léof to react to it, we can sometime do it. I think such an opportunity would arise by itself eventually.)
I think this would be something enjoyable to deal with in-thread as a "naturally" (now that we've contrived it) occuring event.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #4008
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,046
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I think this would be something enjoyable to deal with in-thread as a "naturally" (now that we've contrived it) occuring event.
Sure. That's what I thought
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #4009
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene
 
Galadriel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The realm of forgotten words
Posts: 6,915
Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I just realised I do not really have enough material to write a fill-in post for Hilderinc, I have more like some things I want to mention somewhere, but they are fairly few. They could be also incorporated into something bigger. (Such as... G55, how is the post you've been talking about? Is the idea of drafting up something and sending it to me, or co-writing it, still on?)
Yes, it is. I had a friend from far away over at my place for the last few days and thus haven't even touched my computer. I've now caught up to some of the things I missed, and I started to write the post. I should be at least half-way done by tonight, and I'll send it to you ASAP - maybe even just the first part, so that you can also do something while I finish it.
__________________
- These taxes, they are like sacrifices to tribal gods?
- Well, roughly speaking, but paying taxes is more painful.
Doctor Who: The Sun Makers
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #4010
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,046
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yes, it is. I had a friend from far away over at my place for the last few days and thus haven't even touched my computer. I've now caught up to some of the things I missed, and I started to write the post. I should be at least half-way done by tonight, and I'll send it to you ASAP - maybe even just the first part, so that you can also do something while I finish it.
Perfect. I'll see to it, whenever you have it ready
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #4011
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene
 
Galadriel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The realm of forgotten words
Posts: 6,915
Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, I know I'm really behind with the promised post... both myself and Legate have been busier that I thought. We're working on it. It's sloe going, but it's happening. For those of you who want to move on with the new thread, I think it's safe to say that nothing of immediate consequences/importance is going to happen in that post other than Theolain dying, so bottom line we shouldn't hinder anyone.
__________________
- These taxes, they are like sacrifices to tribal gods?
- Well, roughly speaking, but paying taxes is more painful.
Doctor Who: The Sun Makers
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.