The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #121
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Lottie, you up for some democracy?
Sure! Tis the season.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #122
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Well, I had hoped to get some more conversations in before doing this, but time is beginning to dwindle and I think I’m going to have to do this now.

Here is my analysis of the players (mostly) in order of their first post.

Boromir88

Boro has been mostly absent and rather odd when he is around. He has made only one truly substantive post, post 70, where he says some okay things but is also self-contradictory in his vote.

Conclusion: I don’t know what to make of him. Should not be a priority target at the moment in my estimation.

Thinlómien

Lommy has also been mostly absent, but hasn’t said anything that has been really odd or off either.

I don’t know what else to say about her.

Conclusion: Should not be a priority target.

Legate of Amon Lanc

To my mind, Legate has a lot of positive points so far in this game. Everything he has said and argued for has tended toward keeping the population of the Ward high and pushing us toward the endpoint of the game. Other than one mistake regarding number of wolves (which might be bad but might also have been honest) everything he has said has tended toward making information available and making information less murky. These all earn high points in my book.

Conclusion: I will not at this juncture support any representative that wants to eject Legate.

Lalaith

Was mostly absent yesterDAY and did not vote. Has been more present and talkative toDAY, which is good. However, I don’t feel entirely good about her. She has a way of seeming harmless when she is dangerous and I’ve been getting some of that vibe from her. She has seemed more obstructive than helpful with information to my mind.

Conclusion: Might be an ordo, but I am wary of her. Should not be a priority at the moment.

McCaber

Conclusion: Boy, I wish he’d show up.

And now, this is where things begin to get really tricky.

Inziladun

In my book Inzil has a high number of both negative and positive marks in his register. And I’m begin literal when I say I have a book…
Inzil has the highest number of bad marks but he has the second highest number of good marks. I *really* did not like his post 38 because hiding information and potential trails is the last thing that we need. I also do not like the fact that he’s a bit crosswise with Legate, and I like the things Legate has been saying.

That being said, he has been an engaged player and he stuck up for his idea from post 38 in post 43, which in a weird way made me think better of him. My gut impression is that a wolf might not want to stick so noticeably to an idea that could be proved bad if they were just trying to cause trouble.

Just as a gut reaction, I feel better about him toDAY than I did DAY ONE.

Conclusion: Inzil needs watching. My read of him might be all wrong and to some extent I want to give him the benefit of the doubt since he has been participating and talking. However, he might need ejection at some point down the road. Should not be an immediate priority.

Shastanis Althreduin
I do not feel good about Shasta. His first substantive post (post 42) related to suppressing information and that does not sit well with me.

He also defended Inzil, which maybe unfairly, is something that makes me edgy.

This last note is a bit silly, but I am going to make it anyway. There has been none of his usual banter with Nerwen. That in and of itself is enough to make me suspicious given how close to the center of events Nerwen currently is. Two wolves would not want to draw attention to a connection, especially if one is noisy.

In my book he has no positive marks, not many negatives, but no positive.

Conclusion: He needs lots and lots of watching.

Loslote

I will fully admit to not feeling too good about Lottie during the course of DAY ONE.

However, in the course of my read through during the NIGHT I have come to feel a lot better about her…which has consequently made me feel worse about Nerwen. I even wondered to myself what we would do on DAY TWO if both of them were still alive.

Lo and Behold!

On the whole, the things Lottie has said have been sensible and tended toward the accumulation of information that would benefit the Ward. I even have kind of come around to see some merit in one of her suggestions that I did not originally agree with.

Conclusion: Was seemingly the person cured last NIGHT. Should not be a target unless something REALLY weird happens.

Nerwen

Ahh…yes…well…

I had the distinct impression yesterDAY that she was trying to signal that she had the Black Breath. I might have been off, but I had that impression. That does not make her look good to my mind toDAY.

Now, I’m just going to copy/paste my notes that I wrote for myself regarding her last NIGHT.

“Interesting, ambiguous character. She doesn’t have any directly bad marks, in fact she has two good ones for pointing out Legate’s error but then voting for Legate as rep on no lynch platform. The problem is that her vs. Lottie circumstances reflects worse on her.”

Conclusion: I am *deeply* uncomfortable with her. Lottie’s suggestion regarding a potential plan exploiting McC seems a little chancy to want to risk for the wolves…but it would explain a lot to my mind. With the lack of a competing sick claim though, Nerwen’s claims cannot be discounted.
I can’t emphasize enough how uncomfortable on many, many fronts I am with her.

Nerwen vs. Lottie
Is it possible they are both baddies and have concocted some kind of scheme?

All that being said, I still think we should consider no lynch toDAY.

And I have taken so long to write this that I have no doubt that I have Xed with a host...or at least I hope I have.

Also, I hope I didn't forget anyone. If I am, I apologize. It took me like an hour and a half to make this post.

EDIT: As I suspected Xed with a ton - which, of course, included Shasta and Nerwen banter...slightly invalidating one of my points in here...oh well. I shall of course leave it A) because fair play and B) I think my point still has validity.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 10-29-2016 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Xed with a ton
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #123
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Why? I think this certainly does not make any sense whatsoever. At least not at this point.
Because I see with Palantíric vision.

Actually, just because I can't think of anyone at the moment who I find more sketchy.

x/d with Lottie and Kuru
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #124
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
For that particular reason, speaking of that, I would not recommend Nerwen (or always the "sick" person anyway) to be selected for the Rep on this Day, just in case.
I haven't managed to catch up to all the posts I missed while posting earlier, but I had to pause and say a million times this.

Whatever else we decide to do toDAY, no Nerwen for rep toDAY!

Last edited by Kuruharan; 10-29-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Why can't I spell?
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #125
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Be not bereaved, dear one, all is not yet lost! Is not the sky the bluest we've seen in weeks? Is not your own flowerbed responding to the sunlight - look there, how the colors dance! All will yet be well, if you just keep looking on the bright side.

(No, this isn't a bardic hint or anything like that. It's just... I mean, it's Nerwen. )

In other news, I apologize for my absence. I'm afraid I won't be around much today - Saturday is the busiest day of the week for me. As such, I'm going to vote for my representative fairly early, probably in the next hour or two. It's likely to be for Lottie or my moon and stars, given the obvious. I'll follow along as I can, though.
My priceless treasure...! You have almost rekindled the waning light of my spirit. Almost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
While I do think the wolves would be very eager to get away with a fake reveal, I also agree that at this point in the game the fake-reveal theory would be way over-complicated, and probably did not happen last Night. Especially because it would have been easier to just send in no name, which I hadn't thought of at first.

I initially suggested the fake-reveal theory at least in part because I felt that her despairing posts felt off. Her more recent, more serious posts have felt much more like the Nerwen I'm used to. I do think we should look at Zil's That struck me as jumping the gun by quite a lot. I hadn't even suggested lynching her - just taking a step back and considering the possibilities before we trusted her reveal completely.

Edit: xed with Shasta and Lalaith
Let's look at the most *likely* wolf strategy for toDay, hmmn? Isn't it going be "build suspicion against last Night's target"? I think it's quite possible a Zilwolf got a little too excited by your theory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Very much agreed. I don't want to give the wolves free passes, and besides, throwing around suspicion never fails to liven up the discussion. I mean, look at toDay. Seriously though, I agree we should start the lynch discussions earlier. The only problem as I see it is that with no lynch yesterDay and no kill last Night, we are virtually having another Day1 as far as evidence goes (and this situation will last, even though other kind of evidence will slowly keep gathering.)
Actually, if we decide to give the wild theorizing a rest- then yes, we did have a kill last Night. Me. Everyone need not accept my story 100% while I'm still alive, but at least we can examine it from that point of view.

I don't think I said anything particularly "gifted" sounding yesterDay, though.
Edit: accidentally quoted wrong person.
Edit: x'd since Lottie at #121.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-29-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #126
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Ok, now I've caught up.

I agree with the seemingly building consensus that Lottie should be Rep toNIGHT.

I also am tilting more toward supporting the idea of no lynch toNIGHT.

I know, I kind of want to roll my eyes at myself for saying it...so I will.

Yes, there are dangers, and the possibility of a reduced evidence trail high on that list...but think of the upsides.

1) Keeping as many people as possible alive in the Ward, pushing us one DAY closer to the Ride of the Rohirrim (I don't think I've ever longed for their coming or sympathized with the plight of the Gondorians in Minas Tirith quite as much as I do now).

2) If Nerwen is telling the truth (a definite possibility) we will still have 9 inmates in here with us, outnumbering the wolves 2-1, and making it harder for them to vote as a block. We might have 10 still if McC should yet appear.

3) There seems to be great disagreement on a potential candidate for a lynch toDAY...and a resolution to the argument might not be forthcoming at any time in the near future.

Just food for thought, but please everyone think on it.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #127
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Because I see with Palantíric vision.

Actually, just because I can't think of anyone at the moment who I find more sketchy.

x/d with Lottie and Kuru
Oh. Why am I "sketchy"?

I think you jumped on Lottie's suggestion veeery quickly...

Edit: x'd with Kuru.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #128
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots An oversight

Made a bit of a misstatement on point 2 above regarding items in favor of a no lynch.

2) If Nerwen is telling the truth and the Herbalist heals her...the rest reads the same as the original.

Edit: Xed with Nerwen

Things have livened up a bit.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #129
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,139
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Because I see with Palantíric vision.

Actually, just because I can't think of anyone at the moment who I find more sketchy.
Well not exactly the explanation I was hoping for But ok, fair enough about the subjective part - I understand if you find her the most suspicious, but objectively speaking, there is not much logic in lynching her if she is supposedly dying of Black Breath.

Anyway, just a quick list then, too, so that I can lead by example, resp. since Kuru already posted his, that I hopefully inspire others.

Green zone:
Lottie - sensible and all, plus most probably innocent, based on how things look.
Kuru - feels mostly okay. Is active and everything, there were a couple of times when I was like "but what if!!!", but there is no objective reason for me to suspect him.

Sub-green zone:
Nerwen - for the time being, I am okay with believing her. I understand the suspicions some are having and if there is anyone to pull off some awful thing, it would be her. But it makes no sense to lynch her now.

Yellow zone:

Lommy - generally having good points, or if not good, then at least being fairly contributive to the discussion and all. If nothing else, I am not afraid of her being a "quiet Wolf". So, not any priority lynch for the time being.

Lalaith - like with Zil, I just have sometimes these on-off vibes from her that I am not sure what I am dealing with. But generally nothing dramatic, I would like to get more reading on her.

Shasta - I don't see the points Kuru brings against him as very much valid. His vote was x-ed with all the other votes, so in that sense, it is just as well. As a note, I disagree with his lobbying to send in Nerwen toDay (and like I said, we probably should not do that - not yet, just in case, also while we have probably a better choice on our hands). If I believed any Nerwen-conspiration theory, then he would fall right in (lobbying for a packmate to be elected, if they already made such an effort to pretend she was about to die).

Orange zone (undecided and if it came to lynching, not opposed to any of the below, of course with some more, some less):

Inziladun - what I said above. Confusing, most of all (the same with his last one-liner of an answer to me about Nerwen. I mean, that's all good and well, but who are you? xyzzy?)

Boro - okay, first of all, where is the active Boro? Secondly, what kind of a behavior it is if you are being inactive and when you post, it is to ask one question of two players who said who they wanted to lynch the Day before?

...but as you can see, it is mostly about not having a reading on those, or rather not getting what they are up to.

Zero zone:
McCaber - it would be nice if he showed up.

If I had to name our Wolves now, I would say Shasta, Boro, and somebody. But that would also mean a very quiet pack.

In any case, I am up for electing Lottie toDay, not Nerwen. Let's give Nerwen a "probatory time", especially since she's been the source of some controversion; I see no reason to elect her on top of everything.

EDIT: x-ed with all the Kurus and Nerwens after Zil's post
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #130
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh. Why am I "sketchy"?

I think you jumped on Lottie's suggestion veeery quickly...
Ah, dueling suspicions. Nice.

I never said you were a super-odd-evil-Conspirator, but if I had to pick one for a lynch it's be you.

x/d with Kuru and Legate
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #131
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Inziladun - what I said above. Confusing, most of all (the same with his last one-liner of an answer to me about Nerwen. I mean, that's all good and well, but who are you? xyzzy?)
Well, I think the xyzzy era preceded my WW involvement. Anyway, I'm afraid I'm just not very analytical at the moment. Being at work doesn't help.

I guess I'd be on board with Lottie-rep. I can't think of a better candidate.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #132
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Nerwen

Ahh…yes…well…

I had the distinct impression yesterDAY that she was trying to signal that she had the Black Breath. I might have been off, but I had that impression. That does not make her look good to my mind toDAY.
Meaning my early Day One banter? Well you see, at the time I assumed victims were allowed to reveal outright- which they are, so actually it would be better to say I failed to guess that other players would assume they weren't. The point is that it didn't occur to me that it would be taken as a "hint".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Conclusion: I am *deeply* uncomfortable with her. Lottie’s suggestion regarding a potential plan exploiting McC seems a little chancy to want to risk for the wolves…but it would explain a lot to my mind. With the lack of a competing sick claim though, Nerwen’s claims cannot be discounted.
I can’t emphasize enough how uncomfortable on many, many fronts I am with her.
Hmmn. Lottie's theory on McCaber makes so little sense to my mind that I am myself rather "uncomfortable" with anyone who thinks it does. This is not really personal... it's just that a logical inference from the game dynamic is that, having targeted me last Night, the baddies will be trying hard to discredit me toDay... so when I see people doing what seems to me like clutching at straws, well it makes me wonder, even about you, who have otherwise seemed pretty innocent.

Also-
Quote:
Nerwen vs. Lottie
Is it possible they are both baddies and have concocted some kind of scheme?
Come on, how could that work?

Edit: x'd since last post.
Edit2: typo
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-29-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #133
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

Come on, how could that work?
Would you be understanding if I said I didn't want to explain?
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #134
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Ah, dueling suspicions. Nice.

I never said you were a super-odd-evil-Conspirator, but if I had to pick one for a lynch it's be you.

x/d with Kuru and Legate
Except that under the present circumstances it would make absolutely no sense to lynch me toDay.

You know what would make sense? One or more wolves pushing the notion that I am a Very Suspicious Character, on whom no healing should be wasted toNight. It's such an obvious strategy that I'd have been quite surprised if no one had tried it.

Edit: x'd with Kuru.
Edit 2: word left out.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-29-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #135
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit
 
Lalaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,744
Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I'm going to vote for rep now to avoid any risk of modfire.
++Loslote for rep please.

I don't have any strong feelings about a lynching candidate. I'm not feeling the Nerwen suspicion myself. If things get more interesting/revealing later on, it will be past my bedtime
However, barring any major excitements - if McCaber hasn't turned up maybe vote for him as he'll be modfired anyway?
__________________
Out went the candle, and we were left darkling
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #136
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Would you be understanding if I said I didn't want to explain?
I'm not sure, actually. I get that you might be afraid of helping the evil side by doing so.

And look, I'm not getting any particular bad vibes from you, Kuru... it's just, well, what I said about the wolves' likely strategy of trying to discredit targets means I don't think I can just let this go.

Can I put it this way: do you truly, honestly have a theory that would account for two false claims and no counterclaims? You don't have to explain it, just "yes" or "no".

Edit: x'd with Lalaith.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-29-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #137
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'll follow suit
++Lottie for rep.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #138
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,958
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Okay, let's get a least one ball rolling.

++Lottie for representative


As for the suspicions, then, I think making a list will help me sort my thoughts out:

Nerwen - there's something a little off about her and if there's a wolvish scheme going on right now I'd bet she's involved. I find it puzzling that she's made black breath hints on both Days, even though her explanation for her behaviour yesterDay kinda makes sense. Mostly I'm just really confused as for what on earth she'd be trying to achieve as a wolf, but I'm not discounting the option she's thought things through more than I have.

Kuru - I keep flip-flopping on him. Some of the things he says sound pretty shady, sometimes he sounds very honest and, un-scheming? Definitely not a lynch priority in my mind however.

McCaber - would be nice if he appeared, but I'm getting a little pessimistic here.

Lottie
- I think she's innocent.

Lalaith - hard to read, quiet and friendly. Could be anything, but would a wolf really be so confused about the rules? (Okay, we all are a bit confused about them, but she seems more than most.)

Legate - looks like innocent Legate to me so far, and I like his keeping the discussion alive and rolling.

Dun - probably on the top of my suspicion list. I am well aware I might just be jumping on a bandwgon here, but he is the one who sort of stands out as fishy. There's just something wrong about the way he questions people and their points in a kind of happily polite manner. Like, if we had a cobbler in the village, I'd be pointing fingers at him. It sort of feels like he's trying to sidetrack the discussion. (Or maybe he's just taking part and we have different priorities. But he just rubs me the wrong way.)

Boro - very quiet, appears with a ninja question about Inzil, then disappears again. Very weird. Definitely keeping an eye on him.

Shasta - so far seems like basic Shasta, slightly lurkery, loud when he gets in the mood, sharp and a little angry. (Sorry my friend. ) Not on the top of my suspicion list, but he's fooled me before.

I'll be off now for a while, then come back to mock vote. I hope everyone else will mock vote too.


edit: xed with Nerwens and Lalaiths
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #139
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Lalaith, we don't actually have to lynch anyone.
Edit: x'd with Lommy.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #140
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Right, I'm going to vote for rep now to avoid any risk of modfire.
++Loslote for rep please.
Thank you, Lalaith for voting. I was beginning to worry you had fallen asleep on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Can I put it this way: do you truly, honestly have a theory that would account for two false claims and no counterclaims? You don't have to explain it, just "yes" or "no".
Yes.

How about this:

"O Great and Wise 'erbalist, we thy 'umble charges express our great gratitude to thee for last NIGHT's good work. I, Kuruharan, son of Khoreth of Durin's Folk do 'umbly beseech thee to 'eal Nerwen of the Folk of Oz of whatever foul disease 'ath smote 'er. Unless, of course, McCaber the Absent happens to appear and claim to be sick.

I do beseech this with 'and on 'eart and in all sincerity in spite of my funny accent, which just seemed too amusing not to adopt.

Unless, of course, being Great and Wise you 'ave a better idea."

And I mean every word of it...which will hopefully further set Lottie's mind at rest about me too.

Now...on the subject of Lottie I would happily vote for her right now...except I would really like some idea of what she will vote for because there are some potential lynch victims I will absolutely not support.

And I'd prefer not to lynch anybody today.

Xed with some additional votes

Last edited by Kuruharan; 10-29-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Xed with peoples Additional edit: Oh Mahal, I can't spell and now I can't get verb tenses right! :(
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #141
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
One thing I agree with Lommy about is the mock-lynches:

So:

++Zil for the lynch.

Though it might be better to refrain altogether.

Edit: x'd with Kuru.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #142
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh. Why am I "sketchy"?

I think you jumped on Lottie's suggestion veeery quickly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'll follow suit
++Lottie for rep.
Ah. I say I agree with Lottie about you, which you see as suspicious, then you vote her for rep, and put me up for a mock lynch.

Who's railroading who now?
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #143
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, that makes me feel better about you, Kuru.

I'd like to say again, though, that there is a real possibility that the Herbalist is very short of supplies and will need to sacrifice some people. Thus, I am certainly not counting on being saved.

However, the main thing is that if I die I will be a known innocent toMorrow; if I live a 99% likely one. Either way, I hope the village will take a good hard look at the people who climbed on Lottie's far-fetched theory toDay, especially the ones bolstering it by muttering vaguely about how I'm "fishy" or "sketchy". (Kuru gets a bit of a pass for having actually had a concrete reason, though I think I've explained that adequately.)

Edit:x'd with Zil.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #144
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I am not really telling Lottie how to vote, Zil- it sounds as if she will go for the no-lynch option, which as I said might be best at this point. What I am doing is making my preference clear. See, the difference is that I have some rather definite and well-reasoned, non-opportunistic suspicions of you, which I have set out (I believe) clearly and logically. It is not just a case of "OMGUS".
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #145
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
I would probably go for a non-lynch at present, because while I think we've had a lot of friction this afterNoon which has brought a lot of interesting points to light, I don't think they have led to a generally agreed upon candidate. Unless matters change, I think last Night's Herbalist save has bought the village more time, and I think avoiding over hasty lynches really does need to be avoided in this game.

That being said, Zil has seemed...off balance all game. I don't necessarily know if that seems wolvish - if I recall correctly, he tends towards being overly smooth as a wolf, doesn't he? Off balance isn't something I'm used to seeing from him, and I'm not sure how to read it. I wouldn't lynch him toDay, but I would keep an eye on him in future.

Lommy has also struck me as a little bit more go-with-the-flow than I think I remember from her, but again, not enough for concrete suspicion at this point.

I'm inclined to trust Legate and Kuru, but I almost feel like they are too good to be true right now - active, helpful, making good points, and I agree with most of what they're saying? Gotta be wolves. Seriously, though, I don't suspect them even a little, and I find myself having to remind myself not to trust them too far.

Boro, Shasta, and Lalaith are all total toss ups at this point, which is concerning, since Lalaith at least has been posting. I'm wary about how under the radar she's flying, and I want to take a closer look at her later.

Nerwen looks better to me now - I think her early posts pinged my radar just because they were so overdramatic, which apparently is necessary, since not everyone was 100% clear on my reveal yesterDay, even though I thought it was very clear myself. I would definitely not lynch her.

tldr: I would consider Zil or Lalaith if I see some sort of conclusive evidence against them, but if nothing new comes up, I would probably not lynch anyone toDay to keep the village's numbers up and Gifteds safe.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:41 PM   #146
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
In case something comes up:

++Lottie
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #147
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
tldr: I would consider Zil or Lalaith if I see some sort of conclusive evidence against them, but if nothing new comes up, I would probably not lynch anyone toDay to keep the village's numbers up and Gifteds safe.
That's good enough for me.

Time for me to put my money where my mouth is.

++Loslote for Representative on a platform of No-Lynch on DAY 2.

(Be honest, how many of you are sitting there hitting the refresh key waiting for somebody to say something. I know I am. )
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:53 PM   #148
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,590
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Lottie 4 rep

I promise to be more active tomorrow (whether I'm sick or not).
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #149
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,958
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
I don't have much to add currently. Kuru is acting a little strange.

++Zil

...yeah, I'm actually glad I don't have to stand behind this vote like in a normal game. I mean, he *is* fishy, but hardly in a way that would merit voting him twice in a row. Then again, no one else seems as fishy to me, so there we go.

I would still be in favour of a lynch toDay. Both because I like lynching people (sorry ) and just sitting around doesn't make for a very meaningful game for anyone who doesn't have a special role. Also, it does stir up the dicussion and give us more evidence.


edit: xed with Shazzy
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,139
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Okay, for the sake of clarity then

++Lottie for the rep.

And if I had to vote, I might again vote

++Zil for lynch - purely theoretically;

because as it stands, I am still inclined that we should not have a lynch toDay. So it is with this that I am giving my Rep vote to Lottie.

Let me just say this one thing: if the team of Wolves is something like Kuru, Nerwen and Lottie, they are playing the village brilliantly and we are probably all dead (but if that were the case, it would be deserved to be sure).
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #151
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I would still be in favour of a lynch toDay. Both because I like lynching people (sorry ) and just sitting around doesn't make for a very meaningful game for anyone who doesn't have a special role. Also, it does stir up the dicussion and give us more evidence.
I mean, it doesn't, though. Roles are not revealed upon death, so don't learn anything. In this game, killing people doesn't give you anything, it just makes them dead. So unless we have a very good reason to suspect someone is a wolf, a lynch is just an unnecessary risk.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #152
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
The consensus seems to be ++no lynch today. If I'm reading the vibe totally wrong, now is the time to let me know!
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #153
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,222
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I would probably go for a non-lynch at present, because while I think we've had a lot of friction this afterNoon which has brought a lot of interesting points to light, I don't think they have led to a generally agreed upon candidate. Unless matters change, I think last Night's Herbalist save has bought the village more time, and I think avoiding over hasty lynches really does need to be avoided in this game.

That being said, Zil has seemed...off balance all game. I don't necessarily know if that seems wolvish - if I recall correctly, he tends towards being overly smooth as a wolf, doesn't he? Off balance isn't something I'm used to seeing from him, and I'm not sure how to read it. I wouldn't lynch him toDay, but I would keep an eye on him in future.

Lommy has also struck me as a little bit more go-with-the-flow than I think I remember from her, but again, not enough for concrete suspicion at this point.
Look, if this were a normal game I'd actually say Lommy seems the more lupine of the two- that is, the one who is acting more like a cautious, calculating wolf, whereas Zil's behaviour would be quite foolhardy. But it's not a normal game, and I'd sat most of us have yet to get our heads around the changed dynamic, and what it might do to playing styles. So I'm not sure what to think yet.

But anyway, yes ++no lynch seems to be the general idea.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #154
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,521
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
As on the day before, indecision ran rampant around the Ward.

Lommy spoke up, urging the others to action. "It's time to put this to a vote, don't you think?"

"This is a democracy!" agreed Lottie.

Sally's head popped out from a nearby window. "I'm sorry, what country do you think I live in?"

Despite the delicious sarcasm, Lottie's cheeriness seemed infectious, and in no time, she had been decided as the gate visitor for the day.

"Hey," Lottie said suddenly. "Where's McCaber?"

Everyone looked around, but McCaber was nowhere to be found. Night was coming, and it was time for all to turn in. After wishing Lottie luck and wisdom, the rest of the Ward turned in for the night, leaving Lottie to approach the guards and give a report.

A light shone weakly from the windows of one of the houses. Lottie hesitantly crept up to the sill and looked in. "McCaber?" she whispered, but there was no response, though she could clearly see the book he had been reading sitting on the table. She knocked on the door and waited for several moments, but still she received no answer. After a time, she silently walked away, resolving to bring up his absence to the guards.

McCaber was never seen again.


Patients
Nerwen
Kuru
Lottie
Lalaith
Lommy
Legate
Dun
Boro
Shasta

The Morgue
Phantom (for posterity)
McCaber

My apologies for the delay. The Day is now closed. Lottie is the rep for toNight.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 11-01-2016 at 05:43 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #155
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,521
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The morning came silently, with most sleeping in. Only Sally awoke early, a certain feeling of unease pulling her from her bed much earlier than she liked.

Every house was peaceful and in order, except that of Nerwen, whose door was partway open, her flowers uprooted and scattered across the lawn.

"Nerwen?" Sally called when a few knocks returned no response. "Nerwen, it's just me. Is everything all right?" Finally Sally nudged the door the rest of the way open, revealing a blanket-clad Nerwen curled up in the corner by the fireplace.

Flowers were clutched in her hand, the blooms near her face as if she had just been smelling them. Beside her body was a small bag, the sleeve of one of her shirts hanging out of the edge. When Sally knelt at her side, she found a roughly scrawled note in what was clearly Nerwen's handwriting.

"WOE IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" the note read in over-sized letters. Below that, the writing continued. "I wish I could stay. I'm sorry."

Sally covered Nerwen with a spare blanket, reluctantly leaving her home and locking the door before going to report her passing to the group. As she approached the center of the Ward, she thought back to Nerwen's packed bag. Perhaps, just this once, a lie would be easier than the truth.


Patients
Kuru
Lottie
Lalaith
Lommy
Legate
Dun
Boro
Shasta

The Morgue
Phantom (for posterity)
McCaber
Nerwen


It is now Day 3.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 11-05-2016 at 04:09 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #156
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Hmm...

Well, that's interesting.

Apparently our Herbalist didn't think Nerwen trustworthy enough to save or perhaps has fewer abilities to save than we thought and believed it necessary to save some for later. That second one is not good...especially for me since I was hit with the Black Breath last NIGHT.

We probably need to assume the worst case scenario and assume that McCaber was an ordo. Now Nerwen is confirmed as having been one. I don't think I will be able to do a numbers post tonight (I will tomorrow, which is still part of toNIGHT ) but we may have reached a point where we are going to have to try some lynches. Something I did not want to say before now is that lynches are not just a tool of the village, they are also a tool of the wolves and we are now in a precarious position. If we do lynch toDAY we need to do it right.

The question I think we should start off asking ourselves is why did the wolves target Lottie and Nerwen first? Are the wolves people who would feel particularly threatened by them in some way?
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:12 PM   #157
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,267
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, so much for suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Apparently our Herbalist didn't think Nerwen trustworthy enough to save or perhaps has fewer abilities to save than we thought and believed it necessary to save some for later. That second one is not good...especially for me since I was hit with the Black Breath last NIGHT.
What do you mean by the second option? We know the Herbalist has a limited supply of herbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
We probably need to assume the worst case scenario and assume that McCaber was an ordo.
I agree that the assumption should be Cab was innocent. It doesn't really matter anyway, as the focus should still ferreting out the Conspirators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Something I did not want to say before now is that lynches are not just a tool of the village, they are also a tool of the wolves and we are now in a precarious position. If we do lynch toDAY we need to do it right.
I think a lynch needs to happen at this point. The odds are at least better now of striking evil.

This statement has a bit of an Captain Obvious air though, like evil trying to look nice and helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
The question I think we should start off asking ourselves is why did the wolves target Lottie and Nerwen first? Are the wolves people who would feel particularly threatened by them in some way?
Maybe Nerwen gave off Gifted vibes? That's the only reason I can come up with.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:52 PM   #158
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade
 
Kuruharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: A Remote Dwarven Hold
Posts: 3,528
Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
What do you mean by the second option? We know the Herbalist has a limited supply of herbs.
I meant that the number of Herbalist saves might be limited to as few as three or four. They might also be lost when used regardless of if the target was genuinely afflicted or not.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #159
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I meant that the number of Herbalist saves might be limited to as few as three or four. They might also be lost when used regardless of if the target was genuinely afflicted or not.
I would even go lower - I wouldn't be surprised if the Herbalist only had two or three. With only five Nights to survive, three or four saves would make it too easy. I would guess the Herbalist has only one or two saves left.

I want to take a look at Zil, Lommy, and maybe Lalaith toDay, but I might not end up having a lot of time to really dig in. I should be around, though.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #160
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,590
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't think the Herbalist has any saves left. There wasn't any reason not to save Nerwen last night, based on the stall factor alone.

More to come when I'm not on mobile.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.