Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page
|02-10-2004, 10:03 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Behind you!
Rules for the Quiz Room
Welcome to all members who wish to participate in the Quiz forum!
The rules here are quite simple, and the games are open to anyone.
1. All those who wish to create a new quiz game must first look to make sure that there is nothing else like it, so that it will not be simply a repeat thread which will be deleted.
2. Anyone can join into any game if they feel they have the correct answer to a quiz question. However do not just ask another question unless the thread has grown stagnant (see below). Simply answer a current question and wait until your answer is confirmed.
3. A thread may be considered stagnant if after at least 10 days:
4. If you are new to a thread, always check the first post to make sure that you stick to the rules set for the game when answering.
5. If someone has already given what you think is the correct answer, avoid posting simply to agree with it, since that wastes bandwith unnecessarily. Also, try to avoid giving multiple answers in one post, or posting more than once in a row with different answers, especially on games where there may only be a small number of possible answers (for example the Initials game). This helps to give others a chance to participate.
6. In multiple choice games, such as the Odd One Out type games, always try to give the reason for your answer, rather than simply choosing one of the listed possibilities. Those setting the questions will be entitled to keep the question open until the reason for the correct answer has been given.
7. After you have answered a quiz question, look at least once a day (as much as possible) to check to see if your answer is confirmed. And if you ask a question, check that same topic so that you can confirm someone else’s answer. If you are having problems remembering just which topics you are participating in, simply look at your list of recent posts which can be accessed through your profile.
8. Actually attempt to look up the answers unless you are confident that your guess is correct. Do not simply keep guessing every character or place until you get it right. Work at it a little bit and you will have a lot more fun as you start to learn more and more.
9. And finally, HAVE FUN learning about Tolkien and all his works.
If you have any questions, please PM The Saucepan Man, who is moderator of the Quiz Room, or you can contact him on email@example.com.
*** Thanks to Beren87 for these rules!!! ***
Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 04-13-2004 at 11:10 AM.