The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #201
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! The foresight of my kindred came upon me once more.

Someday, someone will immortalise some of the more famous Werewolves games in poetry. My sister and I made this one for WWVII:
Eomer is a BDer that tarried in Meldor.
There he found a cobbler named Estel to help him.
Daga sila pareho.
the guy called them Cobwolf.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 PM   #202
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
For my hundredth post, I have some predictions to make.

- A short time from now, after about fifty more werewolf games, all regular Tol-in-Gaurhoth players will know each other's style so thoroughly, the werewolves will be lynched on Day 1 by default.
There will be no more lengthy discussions and the voting will resemble something like this:

It's ++Boromir. Duh.

The only unpredictable player left will be WaynetheGoblin and he will quickly take control of all werewolf related threads by winning six successive games in a row, solo.

- After a particularly boring afternoon, Folwren, Glirdan and Morsul the Dark will decide to crack the reputation system, just for fun. This plan immediately backfires, setting all members’ reputation back to zero, except for, strangely enough, the phantom's, whose arrogance will largely increase when he finds out he's the only one who still can give out rep points and therefore is now the unquestionable ruler of the Downs.

- Anguirel will get the hang of the Survivor game and will host a The Hobbit, Unfinished Tales, Characters That Never Made It To The Actual Series and a My Imaginary Friends version in rapid succession. Curiously, the number of loyal viewers and voters will only seem to increase, despite the fact that less and less Downers know what they're talking about.

- The complete Crazy Captions thread will be bundled and published, immediately beating all sales records and get higher on the bestselling list than LotR itself, to the great dismay of all authors involved.

- Within a few years, the Barrowdowns will turn into a static, never-changing place and only the What do you assign to Mordor? thread will thrive, seeing everyone will always find new things to complain about. Feanor of the Peredhil will because of this shocking development have the largest post count in no time and after another ten years, will decide to buy the abandoned Downs and turn it into a timeless piece of art involving chopsticks, hobbit-feet and a dramatic, impressionistic sketch of The Barrow Wight.

- Concerning myself: Cailín will actually really read the Lord of the Rings and everyone will eventually forget she got basically all her rep points by playing werewolves (and this will probably go straight to my Most Embarassing BD Moment ).
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #203
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
- After a particularly boring afternoon, Folwren, Glirdan and Morsul the Dark will decide to crack the reputation system, just for fun. This plan immediately backfires, setting all members’ reputation back to zero, except for, strangely enough, the phantom's, whose arrogance will largely increase when he finds out he's the only one who still can give out rep points and therefore is now the unquestionable ruler of the Downs.
Now there's a thought!!! I say we go for it!!! What do you say Morsul? Folwren? Or do I still have to call you Jack???

I predict that malka will do an excellent job in modding the WWJ II game and that I'll be given a good role. Hint hint!!!

I predict that the Fourtunately/Unfourtunately thread will move into a second thread and that the only participants will be the top eight posters of this thread. Rune and 1,000 Reader will post every so often as well.

I also predict that Crazy Captions will become so immense that it will have a whole forum to itself.

Another one is that I'll create an alter-ego for myself named Bill. Eventually.....
Old 10-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #204
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I predict that everyone who posts in the Fortunately/Unfortunately thread will learn to spell it correctly!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #205
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally posted by miss Everlasting Whiteness
I predict that everyone who posts in the Fortunately/Unfortunately thread will learn to spell it correctly!
Well that took me long enough to realise!!!! Sheez!!! I need to pay attention more often!!!!

Another prediction, I'll finally realise stupid little things and mistakes.

No you won't, you little imp!!!

Hey!!! It's Bill!!!!

Shut up you fool!!!! I'm not Bill!!! I'm Bill the Conquereor!!!!

Here we go again.

Last edited by Glirdan; 10-13-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #206
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well that took me long enough to realise!!!!
Sorry! I just thought this was a little more subtle than PMing you and saying learn the flipping spelling!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #207
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
No you won't, you little imp!!!

Hey!!! It's Bill!!!!

Shut up you fool!!!! I'm not Bill!!! I'm Bill the Conquereor!!!!
I predict that Glirdan will stop using so many exclamation marks.......eventually.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #208
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
I predict that Glirdan will stop using so many exclamation marks.......eventually.

there is only hope my dear Wilwa...

i hope that Glirdan will become more mature as he posts more
Old 10-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #209
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh don't worry, sheez. Stop nagging why don't you. I'll calm down. (Ya, like that's ever going to happen! )

I predict Gil will eventually stop nagging. The likelyhood of that happening, slim to none.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #210
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Eomer is a BDer that tarried in Meldor.
There he found a cobbler named Estel to help him.
Daga sila pareho.
the guy called them Cobwolf.
Brilliant, Nilp & Lhuna. If it was three concrete lines I might even consider making it my signature for a time.

I predict the phantom's upcoming game of WW will be one of the most followed WW games because (a) he will be a great mod (b) he is refusing to reveal is special list of players so we will all be very curious & (c) because he's the phantom.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #211
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
I predict the phantom's upcoming game of WW will be one of the most followed WW games because (a) he will be a great mod (b) he is refusing to reveal is special list of players so we will all be very curious & (c) because he's the phantom.
I predict that, due to his close-lipped policy on sharing names of players, predictions of who all are on the list will begin soon.

Personally, I entertain the notion that he convinced Sharku to play.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #212
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I predict that, due to his close-lipped policy on sharing names of players, predictions of who all are on the list will begin soon.

Personally, I entertain the notion that he convinced Sharku to play.
And I predict that, due to his closemouthed policy, the game will start and none of the players will know if they are allowed to play, thus making for a very random, or very orchestrated game, which will go down in Downsian memory as...

memorable...

I predict that the Phantom will somehow find a way to simultaneously be the Mod and a regular player at the same time....
Old 10-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #213
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Hmm, perhaps with phantom modding a WW game this would be a good time for me to pull out all those phantom quotes that I keep saying I'm going to use as sigs eventually.

Yes in fact I will predict that when the games start, so will the quotes.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #214
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I predict that Lhuna, Nilp, Boro, Eomer, TGWBS and Menel are part of the phantom's game. That's just a start, let's get some more predictions on that in here. I have others in mind, but I'm not so sure about them.....
Old 10-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #215
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Of course you should know of all people, Glirdan that I could very well be a part of the game & the whole "hmm, I wonder" front is just a bluff. But I'm off the topic.

I think it's a safe prediction that Eomer will be in the next game.

p.s. I don't suppose anyone is wanting to lay down any money on BDers who might be in the game?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #216
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh you probably are TORE, as is Fea most likely. But take Nilp off the list. Read his sig to figure out why.

Safe to say Saucy and Eomer are on it.

Other possibilities: Shelob, Kitanna, Kath, Oromin, Holby and maybe even B-W!! Now wouldn't that be a neat little surprise.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #217
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
I predict that the Phantom will somehow find a way to simultaneously be the Mod and a regular player at the same time....
But of course!
Quote:
perhaps with phantom modding a WW game this would be a good time for me to pull out all those phantom quotes that I keep saying I'm going to use as sigs eventually
Yes, please. I am extremely curious to know what quotes of mine made it into your sig collection.
Quote:
I don't suppose anyone is wanting to lay down any money on BDers who might be in the game?
I'll put some money down, though I doubt anyone would bet against me.

I predict that the next WW game will be viewed by many people. I mean- with all the publicity it's getting on this thread it seems like a good bet.

I also predict that when I post the rules, more than one person will suggest some sort of minor change.

I also predict that I will say "No" to every proposed change.

In addition, one or two people will ignore my "No" and continue trying to convince me to change the rules. In response, I will assign them to be the Seer and the Ranger- and then send the Wolves a pm revealing the identity of the Seer and the Ranger.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #218
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I predict that if the right person were to try, the phantom could be convinced to change some rules.

Fea
Old 10-14-2005, 02:09 AM   #219
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORE
I don't suppose anyone is wanting to lay down any money on BDers who might be in the game?
What odds would I get on Estelyn Telcontar?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:38 AM   #220
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by that *ehem* traitor, Estel
Brilliant, Nilp & Lhuna. If it was three concrete lines I might even consider making it my signature for a time.
Maybe you could just remove the line "Daga sila pareho," as I doubt you know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I predict that Lhuna, Nilp, Boro, Eomer, TGWBS and Menel are part of the phantom's game.
Me? What gave you that idea? I haven't even played for long ages past.

Hmm...I predict that the phantom is beaming from ear to ear reading all those predictions on his game.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #221
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
What odds would I get on Estelyn Telcontar?
Based on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Why on earth is everyone thinking I'd be so foolish as to disregard RL considerations (to say nothing of the fast-paced RPG I'm leading ) and join a game just when I'm about to answer an invitation negatively?!
I'd say that you, like Austin Powers, like to live dangerously.

I submit that The Saucepan Man has either forgotten to pay attention to the "facts" when posting his suspicions, a bad system, for WW. I predict that this will lead to an early demise, as I also predict that his name is one of the first on the list.

On the other hand, I have one of my baseless feelings that his little statement there might hold more truth than meets the eye. Why else would he write it? I predict that Saucie's been using his inside sources to learn that which is not common knowledge. Of course... I could always be wrong.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:52 AM   #222
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Some of us already know the vast majority of those on the list...

I predict that some others of us are going to look rather silly if they keep this up much longer.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #223
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Some of us already know the vast majority of those on the list...
*innocent smile* Do we?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #224
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
*innocent smile* Do we?
*big grin* Of course not.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #225
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh, do stop gloating, you lot.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 AM   #226
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Oh, do stop gloating, you lot.
Says the person who has been gloating through her sig for weeks now.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #227
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Now, now, Kuru...we were beaten fair and square, we mustn't be bitter...be a sport...

And prepare to serve cold dishes...
Old 10-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #228
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Fair dos.
But I was only obeying orders.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #229
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

*Kuruharan stands with a sense of humor meter*

*holds it up to Anguirel*

It is as we thought, sir! He has no sense of humor whatsoever!

See...

*holds it up to self*

...me-10. Anguirel-0.

And I won't be serving any cold dishes in this game because I'm going out of town for most of next week.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #230
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

And I won't be eating any because *sniff* being a mere D lister, I haven't been invited on "I'm A Barrowdown Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here."*

(*apologies if this title bemuses Downers across the Atlantic, I'm not sure if you've had this particular reality tv ghastliness inflicted on you yet)
Old 10-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #231
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Oh you probably are TORE
Nope. Invited but not enough time.

Saucey, you must've sneaked a peek at the guess list to guess Esty.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:16 AM   #232
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Nope. Invited but not enough time.
That's too bad...you could have filed a temporary leave of absence from real life to make way for the game.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 10-16-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #233
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf Hope I don't get banned for this . . .

Mr. Underhill will be sorely tempted to use admin powers in the current game of Werewolves. He will succeed in resisting said temptation, but he will be lynched by . . . DAY 3, I guess.

Lhunardawen will experience terrible things in this game. First, the death of his brother Eomer of the Rohirrim during the 2nd NIGHT will hit him hard. Then the following NIGHT Formendacil will be mauled, adding grief to the already-grieving maiden. She will be so distraught that she will have been reduced to posting mad ramblings, until one DAY one of the Wolves will approach her, asking her to heal his wounds (which he received after an encounter with the Hunter) in exchange for bringing Eomer and Form back to the game. But the Ranger will hear of this meeting, and he warns her that if she helps the Werewolves, she will be lynched.

One NIGHT she will meet with the Wolf that approach her, and feigning to heal her she intends to put poison into the bloodstream of the Wolf. But the other Wolf will have guessed her intention, and will try to stop her. This will set the stage for one of the greatest encounters in Werewolf history.

Moderator wins!!!

Wow, nice story. Enedwaith, will Lhuna summon the slug in the end?

Shush.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #234
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Moderator wins!!!
Shush! You're giving away the big surprise ending for my game!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:46 AM   #235
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Kuya, I knew not that you are a man foresighted!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #236
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
To make up for lost rep, davem will join a Werewolf game.

People will dream about tgwbs - not nearly enough dreams feature me.

Due to popular demand, SpM will change his avatar back to a grinning man wearing a pan. There will be much rejoicing.

This thread will never die.

A Moderator will actually win a Tol in Gaurhoth game.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #237
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I predict that one day Crazy captions will send people crazy.

*Looks at self* Good grief, I think it already happened!

Also, I think that one-day, when the Barrow Wight goes, "Down, down to Goblin town" he'll find some goblins!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #238
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
A Moderator will actually win a Tol in Gaurhoth game.
Ahem! You were there - you saw it happen! An administrator and a moderator did win the last WW game for the villagers!

Oh, you mean the moderator of the game?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM   #239
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I foresee an unsuccessful uprising of Orkish Poetry to compete with tgwbs's Quenya thread.

Also Rimbaud will mysteriously turn up missing (or not turn up at all, considering thats what you usually do when you're missing) After he translates the Return of the King's index into an anagram explaining how to make some very fine Jharlsburg cheese-snacks.

And Estelyn Telcontar will break down and admit that she really, really loves the Silmarillion... okay, maybe not.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #240
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Ahem! You were there - you saw it happen! An administrator and a moderator did win the last WW game for the villagers!
Which makes me wonder...was said administrator, as Nilp predicted, tempted to use his powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
Due to popular demand, SpM will change his avatar back to a grinning man wearing a pan. There will be much rejoicing.
When that happens, I predict that a lot of BDers will experience a déjà vu of sorts.