The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #241
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For my reference, we have these people left.

Agan (assumedly the hunter)
Sally (innocent)
Gwath
Eon
Kath
Shasta (no real posts)
Izzy (hasn't shown up yet)

So we know that Shasta and Gwath won't be online for the next day or so, at least as far as we're aware, and Izzy's completely MIA, so that leaves me with the options of Eon and Kath. Kath strikes me as safe, but almost too safe, if you know what I mean. I'm going to look at Menel's posts now, connection permitting, but for now my vote is almost guaranteed to go to one of those two.

ETA: Of course it's possible that Agan's lying, especially since half the people are gone and the real hunter isn't me (aka the only consistently vocal person) so no one's probably going to challenge her. But for now I'm choosing to believe her.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #242
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think it has been quite clear for long (why am I still alive?) so why not say it aloud.

You might only guess who I had picked yesterday... I'm not entirely dishonest about my suspicions.

However I still have no real suspects apart from sally. I probably should try to form them at some point today.

Anyway really off to sleep now. Good night dearies.

edit: xed with a sally
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #243
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I think it has been quite clear for long (why am I still alive?) so why not say it aloud.

You might only guess who I had picked yesterday... I'm not entirely dishonest about my suspicions.

However I still have no real suspects apart from sally. I probably should try to form them at some point today.

Anyway really off to sleep now. Good night dearies.

edit: xed with a sally

Nasty Sally-hunter. Bad girl, bad! Tsk tsk!

Go to bed, love. See you in the morning! (And please do post about Eon and Kath when you get the chance, as I'm going to be choosing between them pretty much regardless, unless something unexpected happens.)
Old 12-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #244
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and I'm quite sad that the wolves didn't believe my tiny bluff. I said in my first 'real' post that I already knew Brinn was innocent. Obviously it was because she was dead when I read the thread, but I was hoping that they would take the bait and kill me rather than the seer. Alas, poor Menel, we knew him well.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #245
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Why won't it let me bloody POST!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

ETA: K. Better. I'm trying to post all of Menel's words into one post but it keeps telling me my message is too short and that it needs to be at least one character long. Sorry about the random angry moment. Just a bit frustrating. *goes back to figure out what's going on*
Old 12-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #246
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Forget this. I'm getting too angry at the stupid thing to worry about it right now. I'll be back when I can get it to work. Sorry, guys. (Not that any of you are around, but still....)
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #247
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
*Meneltarmacil the fire-drake enters the cavern*

Raaaawwwwwrrrrr! I brought you guys some dinner!

*brings in a number of freshly-cooked dwarves*

These guys were trying to dig tunnels all around my lair, so I roasted them. But on to other matters. I hear some of us have decided to turn traitorous. No idea who, but rest assured they will be breathed on and eaten if I run across 'em.

Let us be careful in our accusations, however. I would hate for any of our number to die needlessly, however tasty they might be.

Quote:
Though I am loath to bring such a complaint against one of my winged bretheren, I do find Gwathagor's accusation against Strongbow to be a bit out of line. It seems like Gwath is grasping at straws to find something to say, not unlike a traitor distracting us from his plans.

However, he may just be trying to get us talking, and not be a traitor at all. We'll just have to see what comes.

Quote:
To answer your question, Aganzir, you initially said this about Gwathagor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Also, I'm suspicious of Gwath because of his maybe-you-knew-because-you're-the-bear comment
and then followed it up in other posts with things like this:

Quote:
Guilty
Gwath. Because of that "Maybe you are the werebear and that's how you knew." suggestion.
and
Quote:
I dare guess that if people were suspecting Bowie very much now because of that, you wouldn't be saying so.
Later on, however, you seemed to change your opinion with this statement:

Quote:
My first comment regarding Gwath was more of an attempt to get some talk than a real suspicion.
(Gwath was clearly listed as "Guilty" by you earlier, though...)
Also, despite your discussion about Gwath with Boromir88 afterward which yielded the "Guilty" comment, you made this statement:

Quote:
I was the first to come up with the subject but I haven't been pursuing him since.
Add that to the continuous suspicion of Brinniel the unjustly killed, and things don't look too good.

Well, that's all for now, as I grow weary and must retire to the giant treasure heap in my lair for some rest..

Quote:
OK, I'll vote now, despite my lack of anything really solid to go on.

After Gwathagor made the bear accusation earlier, Ilya mentions that Bowie is "up to something" and also mentions suspicion of Gwath, but lets the latter slide.

I don't think Strongbow has done much that warrants suspicion, and I agree that Gwath tends to make suspicious comments regardless of whethjer or not he actually turns out to be evil. Ilya does seem a bit suspicious, and I also don't like how Aganzir flip-flops on several different people (including Ilya). I get the sense that she is trying to cast suspicion on others, yet making it appear otherwise.

For now, I'll vote for

++Aganzir

Day Two

Quote:
Actually, when it comes to Agan, I think I wasn't interpreting her posts correctly regarding Ilya, thinking her "unsure but will reserve judgement" to "not particularly suspicious" was somehow flip-flopping. The constant suspicion of Brinn remains an oddity, however.

However, something else seems to have occurred to me. Could Gwath and Bowie both be traitorous? It may seem an odd idea, but I've known werewolves who have done this before. Perhaps this argument over the werebear was staged to give us the impression that they are not allies?

This would give Bowie the advantage of looking like an innocent victim while Gwath's aggression would appear to be the typical "Gwath being Gwath" thing, helping to shield him.

Quote:
Nobody else around? Well, as I don't know when the deadline is due to this strange schedule, I suppose I'll just vote now.

++Gwathagor

Day Three

Quote:
OK, so the traitors have killed Nogrod and Boromir88 thus far, which brings me to an interesting conclusion.

We have somebody who knows which innocents are troublesome and which aren't. Someone intelligent and experienced is probably working against us, driving us into confusion by hitting our best and brightest.

With this information, I find Kath to be the most capable of carrying this sort of plan out. She's been around many werewolf-plagued villages here and is likely familiar with people's playing styles. I don't have the time for it now, but later toDay I will look through her posts and put up an analysis of her behavior.

Quote:
I've gone through Kath's posts, sparse as they are. The only one of substance was near the end of Day 2, and aside for some strangeness in backing me on my misguided ideas about Aganzir, I can't find anything that jumps out as suspicious. She does have a good point toDay about other experienced parties; I'd forgotten just how long they'd been around due to my long absence.

Quote:
I don't really know what to make of sally, but I have noticed an odd tendency in her posts to mention, repeatedly, that she has no idea who the baddies may be. Possibly that Evil Sally can't find anything with which to trip up the innocent, so she just tries to post a lot in order to seem eager to help.

I'm really getting some negative vibes about the arguments between Gwathagor and Strongbow. Their antagonism started early, and over a joke at that. They may well be wolves, making up this disagreement to avoid impressions of being allies. However, between the two, I think Bowie's overdefensiveness makes him the more suspicious one, so

++Strongbow
EDIT: I missed a post! I'm so thick, dang it! But it's edited in now, and it's the Agan vote post so you can look that over too. Also, I just added the day numbers in so it'd be easier, but obviously there was no 'content' to change so I'm hoping this is okay to edit it. Meh.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 12-30-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #248
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Seriously, nine hours with no posts?

No, I didn't die, but not for lack of trying. (Read that I got rather ill and decided to take a nap, not that I need to see a counselor. Just so that's clear.) I'm actually going to bed now but I'll be back up in a few hours and I will discuss Menel's posts, I promise.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #249
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Thanks for those posts by Menel sally, I've been reading them through but I think I'm getting more confused as I go. I would never have pegged him as the Seer and even now with that knowledge and his posts I'm having trouble working out who on earth he dreamt of.

He mentions Gwath, says that he thinks he could be a traitor. That might indicate a first Night dream except that a couple of Days later he drops suspicion of Gwath in favour of Strongbow, who has now been proven innocent and so cannot have been a dream.

I think he might have actually dreamt of Agan and found her innocent. He argues with her a bit and then pretty much clears her apart from saying that going after Brinn was odd.

He mentions me but I'm not sure what to make of that. Whether he did dream of me and so mention and then clear me within the Day or just based his opinion on my posts. I don't know whether he would start the Day basically announcing who he's dreamt of but in that subtle way - though I suppose it wasn't that subtle to everyone if the wolves figured him out. I guess that would be true for whether he dreamt of Agan too though as he mentioned her early in the Day and then sort of cleared her by the end of it.

And again with sally I'm unsure because even after posting and using the words 'evil sally' and things that might suggest he's dreamt of her and found her evil he goes and votes for Strongbow who we know he cannot have dreamt of.

I think we can be sure that Menel hadn't dreamt of two wolves even if he dreamt of every person above or surely he would have revealed. And Gollum said there was no before game dream so there will only have been two I believe.

So I think the choice for those he might have dreamt of given the posts that he made would be:
Gwath
Agan
Kath
sally

I am not sure which of those he actually dreamt of because I don't know his style. If he does actually mention who he dreamt of early in the Day and then says what he found out later then I would think he dreamt of Agan and/or me and/or Gwath and found whoever innocent.

The thing with sally is that the way he talks about her is different to the way he mentions everyone else on that list which does make me think he found out something different about her - but would he really have voted for someone he didn't know the role of over someone he knew to be a wolf?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #250
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks for posting those quotes sally. And yes a post requires at least one letter in addition to quotes.

This should teach me to wait before revealing because if I was just someone Menel had probably dreamed of and found innocent the wolves might have come after me next night. Unless they had figured I was the hunter. Maybe.

I don't really know what to make of Menel's posts. He might have dreamed of me, but then again he did misinterpret some things in my posts.

He keeps toying with the Gwath/Bowie thing but doesn't indicate having dreamt of either. Bowie was innocent, and his mistrust of them included the idea of them both being wolves, so I don't know. I don't think he has dreamt of Gwath, but then there's this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
I'm really getting some negative vibes about the arguments between Gwathagor and Strongbow.
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the possibility he had dreamed of an evil Kath, naming her as the most capable of killing Boro and Nog. However his next post doesn't give that impression - if he had dreamed of her, why didn't he try to find something suspicious in her posts then?

The Evil Sally bolding caught my eye already yesterday because it isn't that usual that adjectives are bolded as well, and it might be a hint... But why didn't he vote sally then? Hmm he was the first to vote and I think I was the only one expressing constant suspicion of sally and it was not at all obvious that she'd be voted. Also, if sally's evil, it's possible he didn't want to draw her attention to himself by voting her.

One thing leaves me wondering - why am I still alive? Did the baddies have me figured out early (which I wouldn't be very surprised of) or did they just have more important people to kill? To be honest I would have quite expected to die last night.
Did they guess Menel was the seer or was he just a random kill? Unlike Boro and Nog, he isn't a very loud player, but he's one of the old school guys.

Garr I don't know anything.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #251
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Thanks for posting those quotes sally. And yes a post requires at least one letter in addition to quotes.
Heh. Yeah, it took me a bit, because I've done something like that before and it worked, but not on this board. I'm a special child. *facepalms*

Well, off to Menel land. Back in a couple minutes.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #252
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Attention!

I realized when I multi-quoted the posts one wasn't added, so I put it in. Just so you can all (both, the way it's going right now) see it.

I'm basically done with my analysis, but I need to do that post now since I realized I'd missed it. Give me like five or ten minutes so I can take care of bolding and things in my post and add the rest of it in, and I'll be back.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #253
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Day One

Okay, so the first 'accusation' of any kind is toward Gwath, saying that he's too tough on Bowie. But this was on the first Day, so while he may be right he couldn't possibly know for sure, as he had no 'pre-game' dream, poor fellow.

Then he mentions Agan, dedicates quite a post toward her, and says that she looks pretty dern suspicious because she's after Gwath, that and her suspicion of Brinniel and all this business. He also accuses her of flip flopping, but not in so many words.

Find Ilya a bit suspicious, and says that Gwath sounds suspicious no matter what he is, but votes Agan.

Day Two

But then, oh, then, he mentions Agan again. And if I'm not mistaken the gist of his post is "oh, just kidding, I read her wrong, I think she's innocent but I'll still keep an eye on her because I should". It makes me thinks that he possibly dreamt her innocent. In the same post he mentions Gwath and Bowie as possible partners.

He then votes Gwath, well after the deadline but a vote nonetheless, and there were other candidates up (including myself and Agan, though Ilya was basically dead anyway so it was a throwaway of sorts) so I wonder if he did indeed dream Gwath.

Thus, his possible dreams for the night of Boro's death, at least that would make sense with what he's posted: Agan (innocent/hunter) or Gwath (wolf/bear).

The next Day he starts off his posting by noting the dead, our beloved and departed Boro and Nog. Who could do such a thing? Perhaps Kath, he suggests. She is a tricksy one, after all.

In the next post he says he's gone through Kath's posts and there's not much to talk about, but he finds nothing that 'jumps out as suspicious'. That doesn't mean that he doesn't suspect her, only that he doesn't see anything in her posts that is suspicious. Perhaps he's dreamt her?

Yay! He called me evil! Anyway, moving on. I was on the chopping block that day so since he didn't vote me I doubt he dreamt me. (And even if he did dream me....well, then he definitely wouldn't have voted me because I'm innocent, but I'm the only one who knows that so I won't take that into account.) If you're Miss Paranoid Agan Pants and assume that I'm evil, it could be a bluff by not voting me to keep him alive long enough to find my partner. I'll put the theory out there, even though it's not true. Also, he still finds Gwath and Bowie suspicious, but votes Bowie because he's overdefensive. Perhaps he'd dreamt Gwath already (whether this night or the night previous) and wanted to get rid of a possible unknown wolf? Then upon the dawn he could tell us that Gwath was the other furry fiend and we'd be rid of both of them and just left with the bear.

Thus....possible dreams: Kath (wolf/bear), Sally (wolf/bear), Gwath....again (wolf/bear)

He never mentions anyone but the five of us though. He talks of how we react to the other players, but never mentioned Eon, Shasta, Izzy, or any of the dead players in his suspicions. (Edit to this: that's not true, after I saw the Agan vote post. He also mentions Ilya, but the fact remains that he speaks of Gwath the most after Day One, along with Kath, Agan, and I. I'm not counting Bowie because he's dead.)

My theory? His dreams were either Agan (innocent/hunter) and Gwath (wolf/bear), Agan (innocent/hunter) and Kath (wolf/bear), or Gwath (wolf/bear) and Kath (wolf/bear).

So....Agan, my dear, it seems to be up to us (if you're trusting me again, which I doubt). Gwath or Kath? I'm assuming Gwath because Kath is hardly going to vote for herself and if Agan votes me then we definitely wouldn't get a wolf. At the same time, however, I feel rather unsports(wo)manlike killing Gwath while he's gone. But still.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #254
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hmmmm. I don't think the Gwath/Kath dream analogy fits, come to think of it, because he would have found both the wolves (or a wolf and a bear) and I would assume he would let us know this information. Then again, with people so hard to read this game he may have not said anything specific. I'd like to hear other opinions, of course.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #255
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If I had to pick two people he had dreamt of, I'd say Agan (hunter) and sally (wolf/bear).

If he dreamt of me on night 1 (which makes the most sense), his Gwath vote means nothing. However I don't think he found Gwath a wolf even if he dreamt of him. In my opinion there isn't enough evidence pointing at it. Plus I find Gwath rather innocent-looking.
If he found Kath a baddie, why didn't he try to find any evidence against her? Therefore a Kath dream doesn't make sense to me.

I am for lynching sally today.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #256
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
If I had to pick two people he had dreamt of, I'd say Agan (hunter) and sally (wolf/bear).

If he dreamt of me on night 1 (which makes the most sense), his Gwath vote means nothing. However I don't think he found Gwath a wolf even if he dreamt of him. In my opinion there isn't enough evidence pointing at it. Plus I find Gwath rather innocent-looking.
If he found Kath a baddie, why didn't he try to find any evidence against her? Therefore a Kath dream doesn't make sense to me.

I am for lynching sally today.
Honey, if he dreamt me, he would have tried to kill me. The Day I could have been lynched he voted for someone else. It just doesn't make sense, unless he dreamt me last Night which means nothing to us anyway.

I think Gwath makes a bit more sense for a baddie than Kath, although I'd be amenable to lynching either. However, I think I'll have to go for Gwath, for reasons I stated before.

Here's my predicament for the day. I don't know when/if I'm going into work (they have to fix a bunch of equipment or something so I don't know when they'll call me) but if I'm called in I might have to vote before I leave. Just letting you all know now. If I don't go to work today I'll hold my vote closer to deadline so we can have more discussion. I just wanted to keep you all in the loop.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #257
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

By the way, we have to get toDay correct. Here's why.

We have seven players. (Agan, Sally, Kath, Eon, Gwath, Shasta, and Izzy.) Two wolves, and one bear.

We kill an innocent toDay, who is not me, we have six players and two wolves. ToNight the wolves kill Agan, who will no doubt take me with her. Four players, two wolves. The wolves win.

So if we have to lynch an innocent toDay, let it be me, I suppose. Because at least that way there's a chance that when/if Agan dies she'll take a wolf with her, instead of me.

Obviously I'd rather survive, but if we lynch an innocent toDay we're pretty much dead unless the wolves don't kill Agan or unless Agan changes her mind and hunter picks someone else. (Or unless she's lying. But I'm too lazy to consider that possibility. Besides, I'm pretty sure she's misguided, not guilty.)

So if it absolutely comes to it, I'll Nilp myself. But it's far from my first choice.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #258
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

A few facts and figures.

There are (counting from my last post) 257 posts in this thread.

Agan has 68. I have 47. That means that, between the two of us, we are responsible for 44.75% of the posts in the game.

The dead players (Brinn, Boro, Ilya, Nog, Bowie, and Menel) have 78 posts between them, accounting for 30.35% of the posts.

Gollum has 20 posts, or 7.78% of the game thread.

That means that the other living players (Gwath, Eon, Kath, Shasta, and Izzy) all have under 20 posts apiece (all but Gwath have 15 or less) and between them account for 44 posts, 17.12% of the thread, and which also means that all of the other living players (sans Agan) combined have less posts than me.

Don't be offended, I know a lot of the people who are alive are having internet trouble or are away yet for Christmas/New Years, I'm just bored and felt like crunching some numbers.

Point is, I'd love to analyze people, but Izzy's got no posts, Shasta's only post is to say that he can't post, and the other three unknowns (again, assuming Agan's telling the truth about her being the hunter) don't strike me as particularly interesting either. Can't get blood out of a turnip, rock, whatever butters your toast, but the moral of the story is that this game is seriously lacking in posts.

Oooo I haven't done the votes for yesterDay yet. Perhaps I'll do that. At least I'll give somebody something to read when they come back.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 12-30-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #259
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes from Day 1
Brinn-->Agan at 12:22pm
Eon-->Gwath at 3:48pm
Bowie-->Brinn at 4:50pm
Boro-->Izzy at 4:51pm
Agan-->Brinn at 4:57pm
Noggie-->Brinn at 5:00pm
Menel-->Agan at 5:06pm*
Ilya-->Brinn at 6:11pm*
Gwath-->Eon at 6:32pm*
Did not vote: Izzy, Kath, Sally, Shasta

Votes from Day 2
Sally-->Ilya at 2:24pm
Kath-->Agan at 4:31pm
Agan-->Ilya at 4:54pm
Bowie-->Ilya at 4:58pm
Ilya-->Sally at 4:58pm
Menel-->Gwath at 7:23pm*
Did not vote: Eon, Gwath, Izzy, Nog, Shasta

Votes from Day 3
Menel-->Bowie at 4:03pm
Agan-->Sally at 4:44pm
Kath-->Agan at 4:55pm
Sally-->Bowie at 4:59pm
Eon-->Sally at 5:02pm
Did not vote: Bowie, Gwath, Izzy, Shasta

Again, underlined known guilty parties (not that we have any yet) and italicized known innocents (which are abundant). Times are Central, with a deadline of 5pm.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #260
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The wolves kill me if they dare. I'm a known innocent but there's also a risk I choose well and take one with me. However keeping known innocents around for long has its risks, and the sooner they kill me the slighter the chance I can guess right...

Just so you know, if I have picked an innocent when the wolves attack me, I don't kill him/her. So if you sally indeed are innocent, you have no reason to be worried. And it's not certain that I'm going to hunt you anyway.

It irks me that we don't know if we need to find just one or even three baddies among the active players.

By the way, if you exclude Gollum's posts, you and I are responsible for 49% of the posts.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #261
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The wolves kill me if they dare. I'm a known innocent but there's also a risk I choose well and take one with me. However keeping known innocents around for long has its risks, and the sooner they kill me the slighter the chance I can guess right...

Just so you know, if I have picked an innocent when the wolves attack me, I don't kill him/her. So if you sally indeed are innocent, you have no reason to be worried. And it's not certain that I'm going to hunt you anyway.

It irks me that we don't know if we need to find just one or even three baddies among the active players.

By the way, if you exclude Gollum's posts, you and I are responsible for 49% of the posts.

Really? Oh.....heh, the way I've normally played the hunter's kill goes down no matter what their role. Heck then, hunt me all you like (although I'd obviously prefer you chose a wolf or the bear) and I'll just go on about my business.

Well, I think that the bear is probably inactive, either that or both wolves are. Thus if one of those is the case it's obviously the bear who is idle. However, as someone pointed out earlier in the game, you can trace through night kills so if the bear can just sit back and let the wolves do their dirty work I'm sure they would. At the same time, though, it would be in their best interest to try to kill the wolves, thus making sure that the wolves don't kill them first.

Okay, so Agan, barring me, who do you suspect the most?

Heh, yeah I know, but leaving Gollum's posts in there made it look a bit better.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #262
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Oh forgot to say this.

Menel didn't leave any clear hints to his dreams. Therefore I don't think he would necessarily have voted you if he had dreamt of you and found you evil, so that's not a valid argument. And when he voted there were no other votes in and he couldn't know if you got voted at all. Therefore I find it understandable that he voted someone else in order not to get too much attention from the baddies, or because he didn't think he'd die so he rather wanted to check out one who he wasn't sure about yet.

edit: xed
Old 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oh forgot to say this.

Menel didn't leave any clear hints to his dreams. Therefore I don't think he would necessarily have voted you if he had dreamt of you and found you evil, so that's not a valid argument. And when he voted there were no other votes in and he couldn't know if you got voted at all. Therefore I find it understandable that he voted someone else in order not to get too much attention from the baddies, or because he didn't think he'd die so he rather wanted to check out one who he wasn't sure about yet.

edit: xed
You're right. Sorry about that, I got my Days confused and thought that was the Day he voted really late. My mistake.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #264
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Trying to get the hunter to tell about her plans, eh?

Hmm who are still alive?

Eeeeek I have no idea.

I have some minor suspicions about Kath.
I feel quite good about Gwath and Eönwë, maybe more so with Eönwë (who hasn't shown up for some time though).
About Shasta and Izzy I don't know, obviously.

If I can't come up with anyone and we lynch you now and you're innocent, I could of course hunt Izzy or Shasta and you'd have a known innocent if I died in the night and took no one with me... But that's just an option and if I'm going to do it, I'll tell you in advance.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #265
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Trying to get the hunter to tell about her plans, eh?

Hmm who are still alive?

Eeeeek I have no idea.

I have some minor suspicions about Kath.
I feel quite good about Gwath and Eönwë, maybe more so with Eönwë (who hasn't shown up for some time though).
About Shasta and Izzy I don't know, obviously.

If I can't come up with anyone and we lynch you now and you're innocent, I could of course hunt Izzy or Shasta and you'd have a known innocent if I died in the night and took no one with me... But that's just an option and if I'm going to do it, I'll tell you in advance.

Oooo now there's a good plan. Course if you pick a wolf the wolves just won't kill you.

Like I said before, I could go for Kath, but I'd prefer Gwath by a small margin, mostly because we'd still have talkative players. Then again, I think he's supposed to be back tomorrow, so I would be fine either way.

Let's see who else shows up, yeah?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #266
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Or then they try to bluff but however I'd still be alive tomorrow.

Or... sally we could make a deal? If you're a baddie you don't eat me and I won't hunt you and then we lynch everybody else and win together?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #267
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Or then they try to bluff but however I'd still be alive tomorrow.

Or... sally we could make a deal? If you're a baddie you don't eat me and I won't hunt you and then we lynch everybody else and win together?

Heh I'd go for it. Unfortunately, I'm not a baddie so how about you hunt me all you like and we still lynch everyone else and win this thing together?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #268
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well I've come back.

I'm just going to go and reread posts some posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
That means that the other living payers (Gwath, Eon, Kath, Shasta, and Izzy) all have less than 20 posts apiece (all but Gwath have under 12)
You lie! (Sorry, I was just watching TT)
Still, I have 15 posts (now 16). It doesn't really matter, but still.
Or maybe it does matter. Maybe you're deliberately trying to make it look worse, and it is part of your plan for world (or at least village) domination. Or maybe it makes you more innocent, as a wolf might not be do careless.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #269
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Ok, well I've come back.

I'm just going to go and reread posts some posts.

You lie! (Sorry, I was just watching TT)
Still, I have 15 posts (now 16). It doesn't really matter, but still.
Or maybe it does matter. Maybe you're deliberately trying to make it look worse, and it is part of your plan for world (or at least village) domination. Or maybe it makes you more innocent, as a wolf might not be do careless.

oooops. you're right. *shifty eyes*
Old 12-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #270
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Little over an hour until deadline. Anyone around?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #271
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yes I'm here.

I still think killing sally would be a good thing to do today.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #272
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes I'm here.

I still think killing sally would be a good thing to do today.

Okay, let me rephrase that. Anyone besides Agan here?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #273
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here too.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #274
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm here too.
Yay!

Have any thoughts, dearie?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #275
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Yay!

Do you really want me to say?

I'm thinking I might agree with Agan.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #276
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Do you really want me to say?

I'm thinking I might agree with Agan.

In which case....

++Gwath

On the off chance that we'll get someone who is possibly a wolf rather than me, whom I know is not.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #277
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry, hate to be selfish, but if you guys kill me I know we don't catch a wolf. If we kill someone else (as I've been saying all day I was up for either Gwath or Kath and currently I feel better -rather, worse, I suppose- about him than I do her) there's a chance that we'll catch a baddie.

If nothing else getting my vote in first gives me a chance to survive and hopefully buys the village another Day.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #278
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I do.

I think we should lynch sally today because your hunter isn't of much use as long as sally is alive. Also, if Menel dreamt of any baddie, I think it's bound to be her.

edit: xed since Eönwë. Gah I should probably have refreshed the page before starting to write a post. Anyway that's good to hear.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #279
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Kath, I really hope you're here. Or coming soon.

I also hope you're innocent, and that my vote is not as incorrect as Agan's.

EDIT: x'd with Agan.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #280
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++sally

Whatever the outcome, I apologize. And if you're innocent I hope you get your revenge when I'm left here with four times more posts than anyone else.

If she's a wolf I'd take a second look at Kath as well.