Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #601
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Of course I am for continuing, too (heck, I only just started), of course if the others wish, too. Although when elempi back then spoke of "killing his character off", I did not imagine it that literally. Kind of drastic for a hobbit story.

However, speaking of that, if we continue, maybe we could try some more activity (although it's not the best time to say so now, as the summer is approaching and at least for myself, as soon as my exams are over, I'll be here and there and not that much around).

And congratulations, elempi, to your promotion into the high-class member rank... with no question well deserved.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And congratulations, elempi, to your promotion into the high-class member rank... with no question well deserved.
Thank you Legate. Alas, it has come too late for me to actually propose an rpg at the Gondor level since I will be leaving soon. I had this idea, you see, about "why did Eorl and his Eorlings come south exactly when they did?" But well, someone else will have to take that one....
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #603
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
That's a shame. I would have been interested to see how that turned out.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #604
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yeah, me too. Anyway, Gwath, I hope you have Brown continue to befriend Snatch and use him in your posts - and whoever wants to do that with Mosy (whose personality isn't nearly as developed as Snatch's, I admit - what can I say? I love dogs and know them whereas I only admire equines.)
Old 06-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #605
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, I hate to do this, but I have to tell you all that I am leaving the Downs. Nothings wrong, lifes great and all, but yeah, I'm off. So sorry. I really feel awfull since LMP just left, or kind of left, but Mom told me she doesn't want me to be on this site anymore. LMP's dying is a good way to get me out, but I don't think that would be at all fair to Boro. Could he take both of them?

My love to all of you,
Finduilas

(Next weekend I will pop back on, if necessary)
Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #606
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Anyway, Gwath, I hope you have Brown continue to befriend Snatch and use him in your posts
You bet!

Sorry to hear you're leaving, Finduilas. Mom knows best.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #607
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
We have lost two & sort of lost one. Fin and LMP are leaving for good, which is a shame and pretty sad. And Valier is not on too often due to personal issues.

Those of us that remain have some important decisions to make. Obviously several have expressed keeping the RPG open and running. If we do that we'll all have to step up and pick up the slack of three missing players.

I lied the other day when I said I would post. I didn't intentionally lie, but work drains away all sunshine and happiness in my life most days. But it's the weekend so I will post before Monday.

I say we continue as best we can in light of these unexpected events. Though it is sad to see Fin and LMP (it really is a shame to see you go ) have to leave and hopefully Valier will be able to frequent the Downs more regularly soon, but until then I am all for finishing this RPG.

How does everyone else feel about continuing from here?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #608
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm for continuing in general, but now that so many have left... would it make sense to pause this RPG until Valier comes back? Maybe Boro too, for example, would be less busy later?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #609
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay well I have a post ready so it is time to come to a consensus.

1) Hold off until further notice
2) Continue as best we can until more return

++ Continue
Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #610
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, I must say that I will be here for a week or so, but then I will be three weeks (!!!) with occasional and short-time net access, so if we're continuing, don't expect too much from me then...
Old 06-16-2008, 05:13 AM   #611
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm for treading onward . I'll be free today and Friday, but other than that I'm not sure about.

Fin, sorry to hear you have to go, and I'll pick up Mira (after all without her Rudy would even be on this adventure ). I'm afraid she'll have to take a secondary part, but I'll continue to write her into the story. Take care.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:25 AM   #612
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, I would be also for continuing, but from this point on for about two months into the future - with several brighter moments, but only short ones - I'll be unavailable for participation. You know, I joined this game in autumn when it started and when I had plenty time on my hands and when I naively thought I am going to play rightaway, or in a couple of weeks. Now if we are to continue, at least myself, I would have to wait for the autumn again (or at least until the end of August).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #613
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I hope we can get this RPG back on the road in a few weeks. I'd love to finish it.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #614
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I hope we can get this RPG back on the road in a few weeks. I'd love to finish it.
This RPG will be finished. Enough said. But when, that's the major question. I have two final exams coming up in 1,5 months so it's likely I'm going to be pretty busy for a while (especially if I'm so mad that I decide to join Rikae&Mac's ww). Um yes, anyway, I'm here and I can post, I just won't be very active for a while. But when October comes, I should be able to function properly and if I don't post often enough then, it's just because I'm lazy and you can beat me or something.

What about you others? Where is Valier? And is Boro still somehwere around?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 AM   #615
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, at least concerning myself, I should be able to participate fair enough from now on. Around the beginning of October, if the school prepares some unexpected surprises, I might correct my stance, but I don't believe anything really dramatic would occur. So, as far as I am concerned, I am free to continue when the others are.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #616
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

I do start school again soon. And for a while I'll be able to post a few times a week, but as the weeks tick by I'll become more and more swamped. So if enough people are ready now I'd say we continue as soon as possible.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #617
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I am ready to continue at any time.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #618
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Finally, I've got plenty of time for a while now. So, I guess I too am ready to start again.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #619
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I think then the question is: is that all of us? (Of course, Valier, but...)

I think then anyway that Rudy's or Brown's reactions are the first ones expected, as they are the closest to what happened now... huh.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #620
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yes... what are we going to do with Bunny? Use her as an NPC until Valier comes back?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #621
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

We could ask her.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #622
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
We could ask her.
How? Is there a way to contact her?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #623
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I don't know. I assume that a PM would show up in her email inbox?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #624
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I don't know. I assume that a PM would show up in her email inbox?
Depends on her settings. For me, it wouldn't. But we can try... also, I have Naria, who is her RL friend, in my Facebook and MSN contacts, and I think she'd give me Valier's e-mail address if I asked.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #625
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All Players:

Let me chime in here with the moderator's preference for Valier being gone -

If in the next week you cannot get in touch with Valier, then please go ahead and carry Bunny as an NPC. This is well within the rules for the RPG forums.

You can either go ahead with the story by consensus or have someone assume the game facilitator role.

~*~ piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 09-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #626
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

That's good enough for me.

Now, do we want to appoint a new mod?Were Valier to return to the game, she would need another co-mod to replace lmp anyway.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #627
Kitanna
Child of the West

If we appoint a new mod we'll need someone who has the time to dedicate to the RPG lest we run into the same problem as before.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #628
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Just a small point of clarification:

The terms 'mod' and co-mod' are used for the Werewolf games.

In the RPG forums, the mod/moderator designation is used for those who oversee these forums - Child of the 7th Age, me, Rimbaud (in Gondor), and Mithadan (in Elvenhome).

Players in the games who are proposers of the game or appointed leaders are called game facilitators.

Now having blathered all that - is there anyone for this game who wants to step up and shepherd it toward completion?

~*~ Pio
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #629
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I would volunteer, but I don't think I'm qualified yet.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #630
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I too would volunteer but I think I have enough to do with my final exams and soon co-owning a new RPG...

Gwath, I wouldn't be too worried about qualifications. I think you have enough experience and you definitely have the right qualities, so if pio agrees, I think it's alright you take the job.

I'm trying to contact Valier now (I added her as a friend on facebook), let's hope I can get in contact with her - that way or some other way - in a couple of days...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #631
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I too would volunteer but I think I have enough to do with my final exams and soon co-owning a new RPG...

Gwath, I wouldn't be too worried about qualifications. I think you have enough experience and you definitely have the right qualities, so if pio agrees, I think it's alright you take the job.
Thanks, but I think that technically you have to complete a game before you run an RPG - which I haven't done yet.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #632
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Thanks, but I think that technically you have to complete a game before you run an RPG - which I haven't done yet.
That's why I said "if pio agrees"... (Rules have been changed before. ) But if we want to be technical, I would qualify (and I can really do it if needs be, I'd just prefer not to get any extra obligations) and as far as I know, so would Boro, but Legate wouldn't. I don't know about Kitanna. And that's who are left.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #633
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'd be willing to take on the responsibility, but only if Gwath can't be the game facilitator.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #634
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I have a tendancy to purchase myself boots that are too big, and when really I'm not sure what will happen from one week to the next, I would prefer to leave the RPG in better hands.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #635
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Kitanna has graciously agreed to be a back-up game facilitator for this RPG - so that Gwathagor can go ahead and be the main facilitator for the rest of the game.

Thanks so much for the both of you stepping up to finish this RPG!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #636
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Alright then.

"Is all our company met?"

"You were best to call them generally, man by man, according to the scrip."

It seems that everyone is prepared to continue with the story, so I'll look over it in a bit and see what needs to happen next - well, I guess the most obvious thing is to dispose of this corpse that lmp left on our hands. Rudy and Mira will need to take charge of that, as next of kin. We may as well do that first. Boro, do you have any notions for Rudy and Mira's course of action?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #637
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thank you everyone for your help!! Sorry I was gone so long. Lommy contacted me via facebook and it kinda snapped me back here to my obligations.

I must say I was a little down when I saw that Lmp was gone and then shortly after Fin too. Things have been doing better on my end and I can and would like to continue.
Thanks Gwath and Kitanna for stepping up to help out as facilitators (and everyone who considered it) I will need to reread what has transpired but in the mean time if someone can post or get things rolling that would greatly help.

Thank you again everyone for being so patient
Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #638
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Great to have you back, Valier. Will you need me or Kitanna to be co-facilitator?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #639
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Welcome back, Valier! Let's hope the RP will get up and running well - and keep running well
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 AM   #640
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yay, Val, glad to hear it's better and great to see you back.