Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #281
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
I put up a save where Gwerr and Ishkur will agree to stay and raid another night. Nogrod had said I should handle his character while he's gone.

Undomie -

Thanks for adding Ungolt's response to the orc sisters and also for the sisters' response to Ungolt.

For everyone else, the revised post is here.

- Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 07-29-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:33 AM   #282
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Food for thought.... Here is the quote I mentioned before.

Quote:
But even before this wickedness of Morgoth was suspected the Wise in the Elder Days taught always that the Orcs were not 'made' by Melkor, and therefore were not in their origin evil. They might have become irredeemable (at least by Elves and Men), but they remained within the Law. That is, that though of necessity, being the fingers of the hand of Morgoth, they must be fought with the utmost severity, they must not be dealt with in their own terms of cruelty and treachery. Captives must not be tormented, not even to discover information for the defence of the homes of Elves and Men. If any Orcs surrendered and asked for mercy, they must be granted it, even at a cost. This was the teaching of the Wise, though in the horror of the War it was not always heeded. Morgoth's Ring, HoMe X, 419
The italics are mine.

I've also added a short addendum to my original post by Imak to show the identity of the thief who took the sword: here.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-30-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #283
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age

The side route is definitely interesting, but I'm having trouble visualizing it because that has never been my strong suit. Is the side tunnel a clear, open space, or is there a point where only a child and a hobbit or a dwarf could squeeze through (the latter with difficulty?) The ending of your post suggests the latter and something that will have to be dug out? Is that right? (Good job for a Dwarf or a Hobbit)
I really, didn't have my heart set on a major excavation, unless other's of the fellowship's writers think it necessary, or perhaps more credible. The easiest/quickest scenario would be for the hole begun by Vrór to simply need enlargement at its opening. Perhaps it leads to a sort of cavern, so that the fellowship’s members can all hide in there?

I don’t want to have the slavers appear too stupid, though. I don’t think they would lower the children into a pit they haven’t checked out, especially if they felt they might lose them to a maze of underground tunnels. I personally would opt for the tunnel to be seemingly impassable for a short distance very close to where the children are.

Of course, a dwarf (and maybe a hobbit) would know what's really impassible and what's not.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 07-30-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #284
Child of the 7th Age

Hilde,

I think those ideas work well.....

A small hole needing enlargement that leads to a larger cavern where the members of the fellowship can hide, plus a seemingly impassable stretch of tunnel near the children that would fool the slavers but not a bright hobbit or Dwarf......

Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 AM   #285
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

And I will keep my fingers crossed that there are no major spiders who devour light or hobbits in there. That might rather tie up our story, (or suspend action) for the rest of us!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #286
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I'm finally back. Sorry I didn't post sooner- my two week vacation was actually two weeks of an intensive dance camp and I needed a few days to recover.

It took me awhile, but I've managed to get caught up on both threads. Now I just need a few hours for my brain to absorb all the new information....
Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #287
Child of the 7th Age

Brinniel,

Glad to see you back! I also received a note from Novnarwen. She's returned but has been having some access problems. She hopes to post shortly.

Child

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-31-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #288
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My post is up. Gwerr and Ishkur have a disagreement, but manage to smooth things out enough at the end. I am assuming we'll do like child said in her outline and we'll be raiding at the same time that the fellowship will be rescuing.

Nogrod- When you get back, please tell me if you are okay with how I used Gwerr.

- Regin
Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 AM   #289
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Just wanted to update my planned absentee dates. It looks as though the August 4 - 6 will now be August 10th evening through the 13th morning instead. I should be able to manage to read though.

Also I have been having a hard time getting online at home, so if I don't answer PM's right away, please bear with me. Access during free time at work is also a problem. Somehow they 'Websensed' me out of the Barrow-Downs again yesterday, *horrors*. Luckily, I was able to find a way back in!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #290
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Apologies for not being active lately. My internet has been acting up, so my net access has been on and off.

We're going to have someone come take a look at it, but probably not until after the trip (when I will be gone from the 8th - 16th).

Today it seems to be doing alright, but I've got my fingers crossed.

-Durelin
Old 08-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #291
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd love to have some opinions on this:

Should Vrór and Carl figure out this tunnel business before reporting back? I'd think they'd be torn on whether or not to make any bigger holes for fear they would be found (not at the pit end, but at the end they entered from).

Perhaps they would go with the assumption that it can lead them to the pit, but, when they actually go for the rescue, they run into a bit of difficulty - they find the way seemingly blocked, and realize that they should have expected the slavers to be a little more observant. But, either Vrór or Carl or someone else, perhaps even Rög with his *many talents* would find a way to get through?

I want to make a post for Vrór before I leave, but wasn't sure if I should just have Vrór and Carl do a bit more investigating to feel pretty certain that it leads to the pit, and then have them report back to the Fellowship; or, if I should have them make a bigger hole and climb through to find things to be 'blocked' (and then between the two of them they figure out a way to unblock it/get past).
Old 08-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #292
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, my inexperienced opinion is this.

Firstly, they should figure out how likely it would be for them to be discovered - that is, find out what the slavers are doing - are they sleeping, moving on, what's their level of awareness right now?

Secondly, then, they would go back to their hole, decide that it probably does lead to the pit and then try to decide what to do with it.

Now, as to what that decision should be. . .I would think, seeing as they were only sent as spies, that they would not delve into it by themselves, but rather slip back with the information they have and tell them what they’ve discovered about the hole and the underground tunnel leading into the pit where one child’s voice has been heard.

-- Folwren
Old 08-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #293
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Now, as to what that decision should be. . .I would think, seeing as they were only sent as spies, that they would not delve into it by themselves, but rather slip back with the information they have and tell them what they’ve discovered about the hole and the underground tunnel leading into the pit where one child’s voice has been heard.
I was thinking along those lines. Glad someone else agrees!

Thanks for the suggestion about checking on the slavers level of awareness. Didn't think of that one. See what kind of spy I would be?

Thanks so much, Folwren.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #294
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
I have a post up for Dorran. Any of the fellowship in camp can answer or it can just be a rhetorical question

I need to paste in the diacritics and will do that tomorrow. I am struggling with a laptop that won't let me do it the regular way. At least it's better than a desktop computer that isn't working!

Durelin and Hilde -- Sorry about Dorran's Mannish pride!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 08-03-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #295
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Durelin and Hilde -- Sorry about Dorran's Mannish pride!
No worries from this corner, Tevildo!

And I am sorry Durelin, I'm having a devil of a time getting online at home, (seems I can only get a connection in the early morning). Work is a bit easier at the moment.

I'm fine with whatever you have chosen to run with, although Tevildo's post reminded me that if the fellowship were to worry because their spies haven't returned in a timely fashion, they might start out to try and find them, perhaps meeting the spies as they made their way back. Would this route cut down the time required to move on? Just a thought. I'm also wondering what is to be done with the horses.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #296
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No, no problem at all, Hilde! I actually didn't expect you to be able to really be able to get online at all these past few days. But either way, it's no problem.

Tevildo - I was actually thinking I would be bringing Vror and Carl back already in my next post. Is this a problem for you and Folwren, or anyone? Hilde - were you planning on more with the spying? I think we need to get moving towards the rescue before things have a chance to slow down.

Child is returning from her trip today, and so might be more likely to be able to post soon, though I have not heard from her, and I don't want to have pressure on her to post for Lindir and Aiwendil to make a decision. If I do not get my post up soon, and she is unable to post for a few more days, you might want to 'stretch out' some decision making between Dorran and Athwen until Vror and Carl get back.

Telvido, Folwren - is it alright if Vror and Carl show up before anyone has a chance to make a decision about going to make sure the two are alright? (And sort of interrupt things.) This will only happen if I get my post up before anything else starts moving along (which I'm hoping it will, actually; I want to get it up as soon as I can, though I guess there are no guaruntees).

Sorry; let me know whatever and whenever you can. PM me if you prefer.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed this:

Quote:
I'm fine with whatever you have chosen to run with, although Tevildo's post reminded me that if the fellowship were to worry because their spies haven't returned in a timely fashion, they might start out to try and find them, perhaps meeting the spies as they made their way back. Would this route cut down the time required to move on?
Well, it could cut down the time for the Fellowship in the roleplay, but it wouldn't cut down on the time in 'RL.' But it would only cut down the time if they packed up camp and everyone went to look for the spies, I imagine.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #297
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No, it makes no difference to me and I doubt Tevildo would mind if you post their return before we had a chance to depart from camp. It seems alright. Do whatever you've a mind to.

-- Folwren
Old 08-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #298
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Not a problem for me either. I can go with the flow either way. Hopefully, you'll do the post where the scouts return before your vacation break. If not, I'll spin it out some more.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #299
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thumbs up

I'm fine with them coming back with your post Durelin, and surprisingly it seems that my DSL troubles have cleared up. (This said with multiple fingers crossed). Can't help but wonder if it was somehow related to the heatwave and limited power supply.

Actually, my dates for being tied up are now running over next weekend instead of this one. Hopefully I will manage a post before then.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Regin: Your treatement of Gwerr was just fine, no problem. Hopefully the few lines I put into the mouth of Ishkur in my last post are right too... (I'll surely change them if needed, but I tried to use a kind of lines he had already used)

Durelin: My last post with Hadith is not exactly meant to make a new twist to the story by implicating any kinship between Hadith and Khamir - not to talk of anything even more drastic. But make it the way you wish. Basically I was just thinking that Hadith would recognize the "race" in Khamir, but surely we could make it somethnig more if we wished for it. Up to you.

Yay! Nice to be back. The youth-camp was great, but nothing beats your own home... well almost nothing.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #301
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Leaf

Hm..

I'm sorry you guys. I have been unable to keep up with this game thus far, and there is no way I'm going to be able to get a hold of the story now. My semester starts again in a week and I've been so preoccupied with work etc.

Since I haven't bee writing much my characters won't be much of a loss to the story.

Yep. That's it. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Have a good weekend,
Oro
Old 08-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #302
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Durelin, I have tried to send you a PM, but you seem to have a very popular mailbox! Do you think that you might be posting for Vror, before you leave? I'm under the impression that you will be. If not, would you drop me a line, and if so would you drop me a line anyway, letting me know where your ending point might be? I'm thinking I should get writing.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #303
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

So sorry, Hilde! Yes, I will be posting before I leave. Sorry for any confusion, and for taking longer than I should to get a post up. I will hopefully get a post up tonight; and if not, I'll be writing it late tonight and posting it tomorrow morning.

But if you'd prefer to write more, I can cut my post off at any point and let you handle the rest, Hilde. Also, I will not disappear completely on vacation, so if there are any problems with my post, they can be fixed fairly punctually.

Child agrees that it would be ideal to have the spies back at camp before I leave on vacation on the 8th, and then Hilde leaves on the 10th (as I recall). So lets keep things moving. (prods herself)
Old 08-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #304
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Very good, I will look forward to seeing Vror's take on the situation!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #305
Child of the 7th Age

Glad to be back again....

I dropped a note to Orofaniel to acknowlege her post on this thread. Durelin and I are discussing what to do with her character.

Here's our updated absence list for August from notes on this thread and pm's. If anyone needs to add anything to this, let me know.

Updated Absence List

Durelin: August 8-16 (will have some access)
Hilde: August 10-13
Folwren: August 13-28 (will have some access)
Tevildo: August 22-28 (access uncertain)
Child: August 23-27
Regin: August 23-30

Since Durelin plans to post shortly, I'll put up a save where Aiwendil or Lindir counsel "patience" for Athwen and Dorran.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #306
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

And my post up! Anyone/everyone let me know if there is anything wrong with my post, particularly Hilde. I hoped I 'used' Carl properly, and not too much (though I ended up having to use him more than I planned...).

I do hope that was a fine enough spying run.

Also, I wasn't positive about what the slaver camp would be like, so sorry if there are any inconsistencies with that.

Again, let me know if there are problems.

Unfortunately I'll be gone almost all day tomorrow, but I should be able to check up on things in the evening.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #307
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Also, I wasn't positive about what the slaver camp would be like, so sorry if there are any inconsistencies with that.
Oh, I think it was excellent. Especially the part of kicking and throwing rocks and dirt into the pit. May give me something to write about for Kwell tonight or tomorrow. . .more trouble for the boy to stir up for himself. I'd enjoy to give a few jabbing remarks and insults to the men.

-- Folwren
Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 AM   #308
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Beautiful job, Durelin! And you handled Carl very well, thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #309
Child of the 7th Age

Great job, scouts!

Members of the fellowship....

I've filled in my save (#131) to respond to Dorran and Athwen. I've also put up a transitional/narrative post (#133) to get us into the planning for the night. Since I am using other characters to a limited degree, let me know if any change is needed.

Also please take a look at the questions Lindir has raised and respond briefly for your characters. I am not sure Lindir totally understands the camp lay out and likely course of action as well as Carl and Vrór do, so please correct me if I've misunderstood or misrepresented anything. Also, if you've got any ideas to throw into the pot, be my guest.... It would be nice to get the actual rescue rolling in a few days as this will also give the orcs a chance to post again and wreck more havoc.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #310
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Durelin has asked me that I post here to inform you all that she does not have internet access at her current hotel. Also, since she feels there may not be access at future hotels, she may not be able to post until she returns.

-The Mouth of Durelin
Old 08-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #311
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks, Captain of Despair, for passing that on. Also, please check your pms.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #312
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've filled my save. Dorran has volunteered to guard Carl and Vrór.

Child

I've used Lindir and Aiwendil as you suggested. Please let me know if I should change anything.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #313
Child of the 7th Age

Lindir looks fine!

By the way, and this is especially for the Orcs who are currently lost in slumbers, you can assume that time has now advanced to the point that twilight is falling so feel free to drag yourself out of bed..... I will indicate that advance of time in my save, which I hope to do late tonight.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Do I have it right if I think that basically nothing has happened with the slave-refugees?

So they are still confused after the attack of the slavers and their own internal polemics?

Bad that Durelin is not here now.

I thought of making a post for Hadith, but I'll just have to be careful with it, I suppose.

Would it sound reasonable enough that f.ex. Beloan would put Hadith to guard on a hill nearby if they can't continue for a while because of the wounded?

And surely the writing with the slaves has ended at some early morning hours, so should we try to write them also to the evening now? I thought that the FS would meet them (the slaves) with the children at the early hours of the day and fight against the slavers the next night - raiding their camp after that (and then meeting the orcs)...

Do the slaves come up with their own plan of making a defence (and traps) for the night or do we wait for the fellowship to give them the ideas? Or should they try to run farther away when there still is a whole day in front of them?

And when should the orcs come to the stage? It seems now that they first meet the fellowship alone trying to free the two children... not the FS and the slaves together as they come to attack the slaver-camp? So is the FS's rescue-operation now a day late?

Sorry, but the time away from the story has raised these issues of small confusion.

Last edited by Nogrod; 08-10-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have tried to arrange the timelines in my head to have some understanding about them.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

So, if we call the night when the slavers attack the refugees and take their captives as Night1, we should get the following scenario...

Night1
- slavers attack the refugees and take two children with them
- orcs raid the slaver camp after the slavers have come back at the last hours of the night
(late night / early morning: Ishkur argued against Gwerr for not running away from the slavers because it was getting bright already
the same night: slavers would not waste two whole days + one night not to attack the refugees a second time - and surely not before as at least Grask had noticed the children)

Late night / Early morning1
- refugees have their internal tensions flaring with Johari & Eirnar protesting + the trio caught up stealing weapons

Day1
- slaves caring about their wounded
- slavers making ready for a raid on the refugees the next night
- orcs sleeping

Night2
- slavers attack the refugees again
- slaves: have they any defences? have they prepared? have they any help? (what have they done the whole day?)
- orcs hitting the slaver camp again for more loot as they see the slavers leave the camp for their raid on the refugees

Would that be the scenario without the fellowship's influence over matters? Now where indeed the FS comes to the play?

My first impression was that the FS scouts would free the children something like early morning1 and then the FS & the children would meet the refugees on day1 - and build the traps against the slavers on day1 - to execute them on night2 as the slavers attack. Then they all would check the slaver camp on night2 / early morning2, after the battle, to meet the orcs there...

Last edited by Nogrod; 08-10-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #316
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Do I have it right if I think that basically nothing has happened with the slave-refugees?

So they are still confused after the attack of the slavers and their own internal polemics?
Well, essentially, their internal issues plus the fact that they have wounded to take care of keep them from going anywhere. The wounded are the main factor, and are the main reason Khamir lets things go for a little while (well, at least that's the reason he tells himself). They'd have to leave the wounded behind and people to care for them, but they're not about ready to split up...it actually takes a well-organized, tightly knit group to do that successfully.

As for the timeline... I was thinking the slavers were planning a raid for Day 2, because they will be dealing with other disturbances that night - both the Fellowship rescue and the Orcs once again plundering from their camp. So, the Fellowship would actually be rescuing on Night 2 (the Night of Day 1). I am perhaps forgetting the plot outline completely right now. My brain is mostly mush after so many hours in an airplane and in a car, with a timezone switch thrown in... (Speaking of which, if anyone would like to see pretty pictures from Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, PM me and I'd be glad to share when I get all the good ones uploaded. I even have bear pictures! )

Sorry to everyone for my traveling and my net difficulties! I'll do my best to work on a post (or two) tomorrow (it's getting close to midnight here, so I'll have to shoot for that).
Old 08-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #317
Child of the 7th Age

1. Imak’s sword is missing.
  2. Orcs agree to make one last raid after dark before clearing out.
  3. Vrór and Carl spy on the slavers and develop a plan.
  4. The fellowship rescues the kids at night and kills several baddies to even the odds. Orcs raid the slavers’ camp at virtually the same time.
  5. Imak deals with both disturbances, rides out but then turns back at the slave camp, vowing revenge.
  6. The fellowship triumphantly enters the slave camp with the children.
  7. The good guys must decide whether to flee immediately, or to stand their ground since there is certain to be an attack the next night.
  8. Orcs learn of the slavers’ plans for an outside assault and decide to stick another night to help themselves to more goodies, since there will be no one in camp.
  9. Fellowship/slaves set up a number of tricks as discussed on this thread, e.g, nets, trenches, decoys.
  10. Slaves victorious in battle. They decide to march the six miles back to the slavers camp to reap their rewards.
  11. The orcs are discovered---this still has to be worked out

As my own balliwick is more the fellowship and orcs, I will leave most of the details of the slave plot to Durelin. But it may help if I post our general outline. See above....

This is my understanding based on the outline and the story. We have completed #1-#3 and will be taking on #4 shortly. This is the fellowship's second day in Mordor, and they have only slept a few hours the night before. It is turning towards evening now of their second day and the fellowship will attack at night. An orc raid will take place at about the same time. I would suspect the fellowship will arrive back at the slave camp in the dead of night, perhaps a few hours after midnight.

Just a reminder....While the Dwarf and Hobbit were spying on the slavers camp in the day, Imak sent out a spy to the slave camp. See below and my italics. Since the slaves are not moving anywhere, Imak would decide to attack the following night....that would be the night after the fellowship's rescue of the children.

Quote:
"We will ride against the slaves," Imak snarled. "Those thieves not only stole our mounts but the finest sword in this camp. I will retrieve that weapon and personally cut off the head of whoever did this. The rest of them will be dragged off in chains and taken back to the plantation."

"Gurug, come here." He jerked a finger at one of the men. "You will ride this morning to the slave camp. find out what's happening, and then come back. If the slaves are packing to move, we will strike at them immediately. If they dally, we will wait till the following night. There is much to do to prepare....."
Imak will understand that you can't get a group as large as that moving without some preparation. Since the slaves aren't making prepatations to leaves, Imak will know there's no way they could get off the next morning. This is why he feels "safe" delaying his attack. After the fellowship's theft of the children, Imak's resolve will double but his plan will remain the same....to attack the slaves the next night, just as he had originally proposed.

Don't know if this makes sense---my brain is also spaced out---but this is how we originally laid things out.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #318
Child of the 7th Age

Save filled...short and to the point. Pio - feel free to use Aiwendil to agree to whatever scheme you're concocting.

After that, I'll do a post that will get the fellowship out of camp and heading towards the tunnel.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #319
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Will do in the a.m.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #320
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
SAVE filled - Rôg has proposed the outline of a plan to Aiwendil, leaving much room for improvisation as needed.