The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #361
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I will really be forced to drag myself away from this thread now....

++KATH

May you prove to be big, fanged and furry.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:24 PM   #362
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, I'm also going to vote

++Kath

as she's at the top of my list.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #363
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The die is cast. Now to see where it will last us.

Either the wolves are dancing for joy, or they're sitting glumly in their seats. We'll find out in two hours and three minutes.

As for me, I will vote, although it is not necessary.

++Menel

Just because I doubt him and Kath does not need another vote.

- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #364
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Though there is little point in explaining it now, I have been ill all day and so was unable to get online.

You will see after my death tonight that I am an innocent, but after Wayne's death yesterday I am a more informed innocent.

The people you need to look at as wolves are Holby, Shelob and Folwren.

Folwren fooled me well yesterday, and Holby had for most of the game, but after reviewing the voting records that Holby herself kindly presented, the three of them show themselves to be suspicious. I have no time now to post what in my mind is proof, I just hope that you will believe the words of a (soon to be proven) innocent, who wants only the best for her village. Menel has been suspicious of Shelob and I hope he looks though and sees the same things I have. Cailin will probably become the 'leader' now as she is about the only loud person left (that I trust) and so she will need to take a close look as well.

I wish the remaining innocents the best of luck, you will need it!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #365
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Actually Kath if you really are innocent(which I doubt) then the wolves win. There are three wolves and four innocents at this time. The fact that you are talking about the next Day must mean that you think the game will still be going on after your death. The game will only continue if you are guilty.

That post just made me even more positive that we just got our first wolf.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #366
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
In that case I suggest you book yourselves a place in the next game and congratulate our three wolves on a fantastically played game this time round!

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, and I didn't die on the first day which is always an added bonus.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #367
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Expect Kath's death in a few minutes.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #368
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Do you not know Death when you see it?

"Kath must be a wolf," the villagers said. "She has to be."

Kath, to their surprise, laughed harshly. "You're fools. Keeping me alive is your last hope, but nooooo! You just have to lynch me! In killing me, the rest of you innocents are killing yourselves, too."

"She's bluffing!" a villager said quickly -- too quickly, the others might have thought, if they hadn't been caught up in the wolf-catching frenzy. "Only one so wretched as a werewolf would laugh in the face of death!"

"Yeah!" the others shouted. Kath shook her head in disbelief.

"Go on, then," she said. "Soon enough you'll all be dead."

"A threat!" cried another villager. "Lynch her, quickly!"

Kath did not fight them as they shoved her up onto the gallows and tightened the noose around her neck. Someone let the trapdoor loose. The villagers watched in silence as she died. No change came.

Suddenly, there was an awful sound of laughter from behind Folwen, Holbytlass, and Cailín. They turned around to see Meneltarmacil, Shelob, and Wilwarin cackling aloud.

"You... stupid... fools!" Menel managed to gasp out. "Kath was right, but you just wouldn't listen!"

Shelob said something in Gadian that probably went along the same lines.

Wilwa wiped the tears from her eyes and grinned evilly at the three remaining innocents. "It's a shame everyone's dead... I'd say they all spiced up the town a bit."

"Lended a little flavor to an otherwise drab palate," Shelob agreed.

"Well, nice knowing you," Menel snarled as he and his fellow wolves transformed to terrorize the village of Swankytown for the last time.

~*~*~*~*~

WEREWOLVES WIN!

Homo Homini Lupus
Every man is a wolf to another man.

finis
Old 09-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #369
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420! <-- A toast to the Wolves!

Wow! Those are the last three that I would have suspected. So you didn't need to kil me so early on, did you ...?

The three of you played a blinder! Congratulations!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #370
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Wonderful job to all involved. Especially to you wolves, since all three of you made it to the end. Cheers!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #371
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Thumbs up

Awsome game everyone!!! Good job on your parts Menel, Shelob and Wilwa. I would never have suspected you guys. EVER!!!!! Congrats!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:59 PM   #372
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Shelob said something in Gadian that probably went along the same lines.
"Ve...panu...Jpois. Kath noalera su-Cothi, tchon ve j'eera."

It's the closest I can get at least.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #373
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
The wolves defintly did a wondorful job. I now know how much fun this game is and you guys will probely see me in the next game.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #374
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Great game, everyone! Sorry about your lynching, Bergil, and I forgive you, Folwren, for rallying against me.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #375
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Very well done wolves. Rather impressive! I suspected some of you but I must applaud the interplay going between Menel and shelob, that was splendid. Enough to distance yourself but not enough to get lynched. Though at the end I suspected it a bit. Well played all.

My traditional question when I'm killed is why? Glirdan please answer for you crime.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #376
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
My traditional question when I'm killed is why? Glirdan please answer for you crime.
I was waiting for someone to ask me this. It was, just as (correct me if I'm wrong) Cailin said earlier. To shift suspicion off of myself.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #377
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Now to drown myself in the putrifaction that was once Swankytown!
Well, one bonus, everyone now knows I meant well.

Good game, good game
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #378
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

I have to say that Menel's voting strategy was exceedingly bold. An excellent move on the Wolves' part, though, as it threw me off his scent completely.

And yes, the interplay between Menel and Shelob, picking up on (and effectively neutralising) Kath's suspicions was very well executed.

I did suspect Shelob slightly, but there were others that I would have voted for before her, including most of those lynched in the last few Days ...

Mind you, funny how quiet it went during those last few Days. You did well to lynch the loudmouths first. I did think that I might survive the Night that I died, as I looked rather suspicious for my vendetta against poor Azaelia (sorry Zali ). But I guessed that Nilp would survive that Night, as it was likely that the Ranger would be guarding him and that the Wolves would therefore pick another victim (ahem!). And I must admit that I had completely forgotten that the Ranger could not guard the same person two Nights running.

Once again, very well played Wolves. For all three of you to survive to the end just shows what a good game you played.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #379
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow. Incredibly played, wolveses! I did suspect Menel, somewhat. Wilwa a little bit, until this last day, then she knocked me off her trail. Shelob...nope.
I'm glad I voted for Menel in the end!!

(Lot o' good it did us.)

Quote:
By Alcarillo:
Great game, everyone! Sorry about your lynching, Bergil, and I forgive you, Folwren, for rallying against me.
Thank you! I knew you would, but I still feel awful. I’m amazed that I lived to the end of the game, actually. I really truly thought I’d be dying right after you.

As for playing again...I'll wait a few rounds. This game is too intense for me to do again and again all in a row. I might get sick from the sleepless nights. Definitely a lot of fun, though. I'm astonished I lived through Yesterday.

I dislike loosing, but I have to say - you wolves were really great.

- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #380
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Just an FYI phantom and I PMed after the fact and he dreamt of Shelob the night that he died so great pick on killing him that night.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #381
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh that was fun! I am so playing again.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #382
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
so great pick on killing him that night.
Made more entertaining by the fact we didn't have any idea he was the Seer.

If you'll all wait a while I'll post the reasons for our kills.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #383
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Great playing, everyone. I love being omniscient.

I'd love to see the wolves' reasoning, when they get the time to explain their wiliness to us.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #384
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

NIGHT 1

Enca dies...and Glirdan gets my llama (not happy)

NIGHT2

Night 2 proves this game could have gone very differently. It began with this

Quote:
Glirdan shouldn't leave a trail that leads to us, and we can then cast some suspicion on the innocent based on who he thought was guilty after we kill him toNight
Which is just an entertaining note because had we gone with that plan I'd bet we wouldn't have won. However we chose TGWBS solely because he wasn't really associated with us and would almost certainly get a bluff/double-bluff going. A risk, but one which ended up working. (And he was the hunter, that surprised me and undoubtably my fellow wolves)

NIGHT 3

Thanks to Menel suggesting him Phantom come up quickly as someone worth killing. Finally though I think we ended up killing him for this

Quote:
Read all the posts written by the five people on your primary suspect list. One of them says something that should make you reconsider where you have placed them (too high or too low, I won't say which, and I won't say who either- I'm hoping you will catch it but that the furry fiends won't- if you think you have found what I am talking about then give me a little wink, but don't revise your list because that would be too obvious).
and this

Quote:
We shall see who they kill tonight. I have an idea of who I would kill if I was a wolf- I will see if the wolves do what I would do. If they don't, and instead kill someone entirely random (someone who has barely posted and hasn't said much in the way of suspicions), then we will have to rethink the way we are thinking about this particular group of beasts (and realize that catching the first one might be a bit tough).

If I was a wolf, I would not have killed Alca or tgwbs because the two of them were sure to be attacking each other in the future. Wolves want to keep people around who have their eyes on each other because they are sure to stir up suspicion against each other- and wolves love having suspicious people around. It makes it easier to hide.
The first because we feared he caught something Wilwa said that would prove her a wolf and the second because we couldn't figure out what he meant. I personally felt the second of those was some kind of test, on the assumption he had a good idea who the werewolves were and would either prove or disprove his theory by their kill. By killing him we insured that he couldn't explain what he meant/what he was refering to. Problem Solved. (Though for the record we all thought Holby was the seer)

NIGHT 4

Shortest night's worth of discussing yet. 5 PMs. In short: Saucepan Man was too dangerous to keep around, and the ranger was almost certainly protecting Nilp so we should wait to kill Nilp.

NIGHT 5

Nilp. This one's really easy though, since we figured that the Ranger had protected Nilp the night after he'd announced himself to be the other sherrif we reasoned that he'd be free to kill tonight (though we did check to make sure Rangers couldn't protect the same person two nights in a row), which means this Death actually took longer/more PMs than SPMs death.

NIGHT 6

Pretty much decided without me, on the basis that since either Durelin or Cailín would be good kills and Durelin would leave less of a trail.

I think that's all our reasoning. Menel, Wilwa, feel free to add anything I might have forgotten.

Quote:
when they get the time to explain their wiliness to us.
If you're expecting an over-arching plan, good luck...we kinda discussed strategy on the first NIGHT, before we really had a feel for how the game would go. But once we were into it things just kinda happened. Menel and I got into the habit of accusing each other. I voted for him originally, I believe, because I figured after having agreed to his suspiciousness voting elsewise would cry "WOLVES". Once we thought about it though we did realize that by continuing this the death of either of us would render the other 'innocent' and would almost certainly guarantee Kath's death. And Wilwa just did whatever she wanted, which worked well for her.

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed this game a ton. Glad we could give you all a good chase (and, were I to judge, a fair number of headaches).
Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #385
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Argh!

Like what Sauce said, I expected to be alive the DAY after I declared myself. But I was out all day, missing a chance to make my case.

I missed Menel entirely. To me, he was just a villager with a vendetta.

Shelob was already tweaking my antennae--or my red dotted eyes--but her suspicion, in my eyes, was tied to Kath's. And since after my death Kath told me she's innocent, I thought her innocent, too.

And wilwa . . . argh! How wrong was I about her!

Excellent, excellent game, everyone! Especially to the winners!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #386
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

We actually decided (I think it was Wilwa's idea) that it would be a good idea to throw you off track by killing those who defended us. And it seems to have worked, too.

Oh, and by the way, I kept saying "Kill The Saucepan Man" until he was actually dead, since I figured he'd probably pull out some kind of scheme involving mass-lynchings or something at the end and get a lot of people to follow him.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:46 PM   #387
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

One of the reasons I wanted to kill phantom was cause of his little comment to Saucy, I thought that tp had caught what I said here:

Quote:
I don't think the phantom is the Cobbler. Even if he is though, he isn't a threat to us now, in a few Days where the cobbler could start to become a threat then I think the phantom would be most peoples first choice, not mine mind you. I don't think we should lynch someone who could have good ideas, just incase he is innocent. At this point I have no idea. Bergil is really the only one I could vote for, Wayne is still a possibility though.
I realised much later that it sounds like I said I wouldn't vote for the cobbler. So yeah I though he had found me out. Wait....had you?

By the way, I remember someone posting all three of are names(us wolves) and saying that eather we were all innocent or we were all guilty. I remember thinking how funny it was. If anyone remembers posting it or knows where it is can you indicate it to me. It would make a great sig.

Also, right before people started to vote for Wayne the day he was lynched I found this post of his:

Quote:
I doNt think were doing to wEll cause we lost are seeR. I think that these people Are werewolfs. gliRdan Gil and menel.
If you rearange the capitols it spelles RANGER. After that I went along with lynching him. Sorry lil' bro.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-14-2005 at 07:50 PM. Reason: bold names
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #388
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
If you rearange the capitols it spelles RANGER. After that I went along with lynching him. Sorry lil' bro.
Did he do that on purpose, so you suppose? I'd never even considered...

I was expecting you to be killed the night you were, Saucey. The way the wolves were going around slaughtering people at night, I figured your turn had come...being the next loud one.

As for him mentioning a mass lynching and pulling it through, I entertained the thought several times. But I didn't think I coudl get people to do it, since no one believed me to be innocent (which I was, haha!) But I never did. So we lost anyway.

-- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #389
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Made more entertaining by the fact we didn't have any idea he was the Seer.
That's what I figured- and now I ask why, oh why, did you kill me?

Generally, if you don't kill the seer by Night 3 you will be walking on thin ice after that, so wolves should always be trying to kill the seer. You're lucky that I just happened to be the seer.

Heh- I remember telling Enca at the beginning of the game that it was a bad idea for me to be the seer because I'm the type of person that everyone wants to kill. Well, it turns out I was right.

I played exactly the way I wanted to. The wolves did not think I was the seer. That was the ultimate goal. The way I figured it, the wolves would be trying to kill the seer, and thus if I did not appear to be the seer I would be spared during the night.

You see, I assumed the wolves would be extremely methodical in their kills rather than feeling things out with their gut.

But the gut approach was the way to go in this game because I seem to be someone who your gut always tells you to kill right away for some reason.
Quote:
Though for the record we all thought Holby was the seer
And you still killed me. Grrr. I played my part well, got a bead on the wolves and dreamed of one of them, but then I was dead and couldn't tell anyone.

I knew it was a bad idea for me to be the seer. Some things just aren't meant to be.

The night I died, my dream was about Shelob. I picked her for reasons that I will explain in my post-game entry on my website. My post-game entry will also tell what every comment I made meant, why I said it, why I said it the way I did, and what I was hoping to accomplish.

I'll post the link later (when I'm done with the write-up). I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you like talking strategy. There will be quite a bit in there for you, Saucy.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #390
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Thumbs up

Well played everyone! (especially wolves!) It was so much fun to read. But I must say that being one of Shelob's best friend's during her werewolf playing is trying. She is mightily obsessive about werewolf (part of the reason I think the wolves did so well this game.) But Menel, killing the Phantom! Brilliant! I thought that was the best kill of the game. And Wilwa, congratulations on being so secretive, you stayed off of everyone's list, including mine! (And I knew you were a wolf...)

Very well played to you all.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:32 PM   #391
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I accused the phantom of being the bear before I became temporarily omniscient. What a ruse that first day post of his would have been...

As I was reading the thread (post omniscience) I was chatting with Encai about who was making silly errors and what was funniest.

I couldn't believe that the phantom lasted as long as he did. I'd have attacked him early, and even if not, I'd certainly keep tabs on him and nail him as soon as he started voicing things that made it look like he was gifted. I also couldn't understand why he seemed to trust Saucie so much. I had to outright forbid myself to PM him and ask "What makes you think he's trustworthy?" because of course he was, but those sorts of curious questions could sway games unintentionally. So now, tp, why the heck did you trust him?

Glirdan, nice playing. Wolves... beautiful.

Encai... fantastic mod-job. Thanks for letting me kill off a politician. That relieves stress like you wouldn't believe.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #392
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Encai... fantastic mod-job. Thanks for letting me kill off a politician. That relieves stress like you wouldn't believe.
My pleasure. I still have to draw you, by the way... I'm not exactly sure what to do with ye...
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
My pleasure. I still have to draw you, by the way... I'm not exactly sure what to do with ye...
Incredible the way this game makes morals fly out the window... you bribed me to kill someone in a highly addictive game that concentrates on lying, backstabbing, and mind games. Oooooh, and it is so much fun.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #394
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
My God, I had never expected this outcome! Well played Wilwa, Menel and Shelob! I would never have guessed it was you three behind all this.

I really enjoyed this game, thanks Enca and all my fellow villagers.

Edit: Ooh. I think I finally figured out how the reputation system works. *blush* I was wondering where all those little green dots came from... Thanks everyone for your nice comments, even though I completely lost this game and was clueless till the end ^^ Now just to find out how I can give out those things myself... Assuming I can.

Last edited by Cailín; 09-15-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:56 AM   #395
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Noooo! I knew Menel was evil! Why didn't I stick to voting for him this would have been so much easier! That's it, next time I think someone is a wolf they will never be without suspicion from me!

But well done to wilwa, I truly had never guessed about you!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 AM   #396
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Great modding Enca!!! I loved how I became a picushion!!!! Sorry about the llama Shelob, but it kicked me!!!! Aa for why I got rid of Kitanna, it was purely out of revenge and that I suspected her of wereish activities.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #397
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Now that I have had a chance to sleep off the disappointment, a hearty congratulations to the victorious wolves. Very well played game!!

Quote:
Comprehensive and convincing prosecution. I'll be interested to see at the end with what intent it was made...
This was about the big accusation post about Folwren. Okay, now that the game is over and you see it was with good intentions, who repped me? And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
(Though for the record we all thought Holby was the seer)
That's right, I was originally suspicious of Wilwarin. Man, I wish I stuck with that, I just didn't have hard-core evidence (but then, do we ever really?)
Old 09-15-2005, 07:47 AM   #398
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Holby:
That's right, I was originally suspicious of Wilwarin. Man, I wish I stuck with that, I just didn't have hard-core evidence (but then, do we ever really?)
You brought some darn good evidence against me with that 'comprehensive and convincing prosecution'. That's the post that made me think I was dead.

But I got you to believe my innocence in the end.

-- Folwren
Old 09-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #399
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

My post game summary is finished.

Enjoy.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #400
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phantom Strategy Inc?

Quote:
Hmph. It's awfully infuriating when I set up circumstances to be perfectly in my favor but a random chance ruins everything.
It wasn't random chance there friend...we killed you simply because you were too smart for our own good and we couldn't figure out what you meant by talking about who the wolves should kill.

It looked like you were setting up a trap for us. If you were and you were alive after to explain it we'd have died. By killing you we insured you couldn't explain it (if you had a plan) and that we'd be safe from your analyzing (in either case). End of Story.

That's why we chose you over our suspected seer. We figured you were more of an immediate threat and that if the seer already had one werewolf pegged (since it looked like were Holby the seer she'd dreamt of Wilwa) that werewolf would be just as dead whether we killed the seer that night or the next.

Quote:
I looked back through day one to see if Morm pointed at someone as being his pal, or if someone else pointed at Morm. And I found someone- Glirdan.
When you made that hint to Saucepan Man I figured you'd either caught a gifted or one of us. So I went back and looked at all the posts of the people on SPM's list. I noticed the same thing you did with Glirdan (though I didn't know that Menel was actually a sherrif, so mine was much more of an assumption), but I also noticed one of the few clues that Glirdan was the bear.

Quote:
Theory #2

In post #82 in the thread Glirdan says
Quote:
As for the Llama, I like llama's. They're cute and cuddly and I would never do anything to harm Shelob.
I'm not sure, but I believe by that point in the game the only two people accused of being the bear (the one to kill the llama) were Menel (by Folwern) and Phantom (by whomever). Also Glirdan had barely mentioned me, he mentions me when he picks up and begins to push the Wayne thing, and again in that post when he says he thinks I'm innocent. It's possible to read this as a paranoia induced response from the bear, I don't think it's particularly likely though...but it's worth considering.

I didn't think it was likely 'cause I assumed he and Menel were the sherrifs, once it was clear Glirdan wasn't the sherrif (after Nilp revealed himself) I'd forgotten about it. Which was annoying 'cause had I remembered I probably could have gotten us one more night of a double kill...but now I'm glad I caught something you missed , even if I couldn't put it to use .

Quote:
If you are innocent and clueless then you should be suspicious of everyone, but Shelob was the exact opposite. She seemed to be willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I figured she was trying to stay on everyone's good side.
Actually...I can't see suspiciousness in people. I naturally give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Just like I'm not naturally talkative/outgoing. I seem to be naturally inclined to act in a really suspicous way. Go Figure.

In short: Nice write up.