The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #81
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Pardon me, but I must add Nogrod (2 changes) and Fea (1) to those that have changed their votes. What a silly reason to vote for me! I am afraid this eleventh-hour recantation looks more wolvish than anything we've seen today.

Fea looks not at all wolvish to me, and I do not like the likelihood of her getting lynched today.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Both Kuruharan and Mormegil who are worried about my "boisterousness" have changed their vote once already. I am afraid I do not understand your sudden suspicion of me.
This with all friendship of our lives only two games played together: maybe there is something similar in your going around, as in your thinking me bloodthirsty or overtly aggressive?

I guess your style is as distinctive as mine...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #83
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I am afraid I do not understand your sudden suspicion of me.
It has something to do with the impression you create. If you take a look at the post count you've posted a lot. (In fact, the only person who has posted more than you is Nogrod...hmmmm...oh well) You've given the impression of having just tried to stir things up for the sake of stirring them up.

Admittedly, this is very flimsy ground to base a vote on, but this is just DAY ONE I don't think anybody has strong ground to stand on.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #84
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night has fallen

Voting Is Now Closed

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #85
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Admittedly, this is very flimsy ground to base a vote on, but this is just DAY ONE I don't think anybody has strong ground to stand on.~Kuru
Unless someone comes out and says they're a wolf.
Quote:
Fea looks not at all wolvish to me, and I do not like the likelihood of her getting lynched today.~Jenny
Perhaps playing with Fea you would understand. Now what morm and I spotted is pretty much circumstantial, but you see Fea is that type of player that will just come up and call herself a wolf and be one. And eventhough it may be very weak basis for a vote, other than Nogrod whose defense I think seems pretty innocent to me, that is the thing that stood out to me today, and so I voted for her.

Now if Fea turns out to be innocent, which probability and likelyhood tells us she most likely is then Nogrod will probably be lynched tomorrow anyway as his behaviour at the end looks extremely wolfish is Fea turns out to be innocent.

Last edited by Boromir88; 03-16-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Voting Confirmation

Feanor of the Peredhil: 4
Nogrod:3
Sleepy: 1
Gil Galad:1
Kuruharan:1
Jenny Hallu:1
Mormegil:1

Non Voter - Gil-Galad.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #87
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

In Midsomer Mawlin the day had been full of discussion, fanciful theory and changes of mind.

In his house beyond time,DEATH was uncertain until the last minute which hourglass should be placed into Binky's saddle bag and taken down to the small, English village to which he had been such a frequent visitor the year before. The task was made more difficult by the diverse origins of the residents - all this relocation played merry hell with the filing system. He had just found the hourglass of the Nordic but Francophone detective Nogrod and was looking at it in surprise when his assistant Albert brought the news. "INDEED" said Death, HIS TIME HAS NOT YET RUN OUT". This is not now my task...... send Quoth to inform the appropriate body.

Back in Midsomer Mawlin:

"Go, go gadget Gallows" Said someone sarcastically as having decided at last, they dragged Feanor to the village gibbet.

"I know I said I was a wolf - but you know me - it was a joke! I can't be a werewolf I am only a cartoon cyborg. You can't hang me!" She protested.

"Quite right "said someone else "- the duck pond would be a better option - she probably even weighs less than a duck. But if she doesn't the water will stop the mechanics and make her go soggy"

So they threw Feanor in to the pond and used Kitanna's cane to hold her down. They did not notice a small, miserable robot, robed in black and carrying a scythe.
It was Marvin, the DEATH of Borgs who stepped forward and severed the link between line and coulour, between flesh and circuits.

The villagers looked at the surface of the water carefully and released the cane. Nothing seemed to happen. Then suddenly a strange eddy appeared turning into a whirlwind of wet fur.

Oddwen with her cool, clinical mind, alone remained calm and with lethal precision
threw a silver scalpel which pierced the beast's heart. Another transformation and the cartoon Inspector was pinned to the grass.

Dead:

Mithalwen - moderator killed by werewolves on Night 1
Feanor of the Peredhil - werewolf not hanged but drowned, drawn and pinned on Day 1

Living:

AoW,B88,D18,Ff,G-g,JH,Kit,Kuru,Morm, Nog, Oddone,SR

Villagers 10 (inc Seer)
Wolves 2

Seer and surviving wolves PM me by 7.30 tomorrow at the latest. If I receive the decisons earlier, it would be a bonus for me but you are quite entitled to your full time. I apologise for the delay but it wasn't a death I was expecting!!

Last edited by Mithalwen; 03-17-2006 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Typos and reminder
Old 03-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #88
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A view to a kill....

It had been a long and trying day and though bouyed by their success in lynching one of the werewolves, the villagers returned to their homes knowing the remaining wolves would seek to avenge their lost comrade.

Though they all (all apart from the wolves of course) locked their doors and barred their windows , they feared it might not be enough. Sleep was in short supply, all the normal noise was magnified as if by hangover. Cats stomped across rooves, leaves clanged in the wind and the hooting of owls could have been used to direct shipping in fog. To a person whose reactions were honed to respond to the slightest stimulus it was sheer torture...lesser individuals would have the living daylights scared out of them.

The owner of Moonraker cottage was now certain there was someone, something ... in the house, he took his Walther PPK from his bedside table and crept down to his study.

The desk chair swivelled to reveal a were-wolf with a white toy cat on its lap. In it's paw was a dry vodka martini, shaken not stirred.

"Mr Ranger, we have been expecting you"

The second wolf, which had lurked behind the door relieved him of his gun and pointed it at it's owner's head.

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr Ranger, we expect you to die"

His fellow villagers found his corpse the next morning. It was lying on his desk covered with gold paint.

Dead:

Mithalwen - moderator killed by werewolves on Night 1
Feanor of the Peredhil - werewolf not hanged but drowned, drawn and pinned on Day 1
Sleepy Ranger - ordinary Villager, suffocated by gold paint (so tacky) on Night 2

Living:
AoW,B88,D18,Ff,G-g,JH,Kit,Kuru,Morm, Nog, Oddone,
Villagers 9 (inc Seer)
Wolves 2

Day Two has begun

Villagers you have til 7.30 tomorrow unless a clear majority (6 votes) is reached sooner.

Wolves stop PM ing.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #89
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have a quick minute and prepared this...sorry I can't format right now maybe I will return with time to do that.

Wow this is rather difficult with retractable votes.

Fea voted Kuru and retracted Kuru
Morm voted Nogrod (Nog-1)
Azaelia voted Nogrod (Nog-2)
Sleepy voted Fea (Nog-2, Fea-1)
Firefoot voted Gil (Nog-2, Fea-1, Gil-1)
Oddwen voted Sleepy (Nog-2, Fea-1, Gil-1, Sleepy-1)
Jenny voted sleepy retracted sleepy and voted Gil (Nog-2, Fea-1, Gil-2, Sleepy-1)
Nogrod voted Morm (Nog-2, Fea-1, Gil-2, Sleepy-1, Morm-1)
Jenny retracted Gil and voted Nogrod (Nog-3, Fea-1, Gil-1, Sleepy-1, Morm-1)
Kuru voted Nogrod (Nog-4, Fea-1, Gil-1, Sleepy-1, Morm-1)
Kitanna voted Kuru (Nog-4, Fea-1, Gil-1, Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1)
Fea voted Morm (Nog-4, Fea-1, Gil-1, Sleepy-1, Morm-2, Kuru-1)
Nogrod retracted Morm and voted Gil (Nog-4, Fea-1, Gil-2 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1)
Diamond voted Nogrod (Nog-5, Fea-1, Gil-2 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1)
Boromir voted Fea (Nog-5, Fea-2, Gil-2 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1)
Kuru retracted Nog and voted Jenny (Nog-4, Fea-2, Gil-2 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1, Jenny-1)
Morm retracted Nog and voted Fea (Nog-3, Fea-3, Gil-2 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1, Jenny-1)
Nogrod retracted Gil and voted Fea (Nog-3, Fea-4, Gil-1 Sleepy-1, Morm-1, Kuru-1, Jenny-1)

Jenny looks very suspicious for this and other activities. She seemed to want to go with any bandwagon but the Fea train. Also, she mentioned near the end that she didn’t find Fea suspicious at all and became extremely defensive when Kuru and I expressed suspicion of her. I generally don’t like the over defensive posts and this one rubbed me the wrong way.

I would also call into question Sleepy’s vote. He specified that he didn’t think Fea would be lynched. Is it a wolf-on-wolf vote? It could be and Fea would strategize just that way too.

Other votes of interest are Oddwen’s, Kitanna’s and those who voted for Nogrod later and didn’t retract such as Diamond and Jenny again. Azaelia is worthy of mention because of how quickly she jumped on the Nogrod train I formed. Now this last bit is contingent upon Nogrod being innocent, of which I am not fully convinced but strongly leaning in that direction.

Last edited by mormegil; 03-17-2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Formatting
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #90
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Je nous tout acclame! Hourra! Quel fait! Et dans la quelle maničre il était fait accomplit!

So: WOW! We got a wolf!
And in what a way was it carried!

Surely the most heart-pumping WW –playing I’ve ever experienced! Great sport & fun!

But it was also the most weird one I’ve witnessed...

Just to clear it to myself what happened, and to help others also to wonder the last night’s amazing action, here’s a brief summary of the last moments.

About 6.45 PM GMT, roughly 45 minutes before the closing time, we were at the following situation...

Current votes:
Nogrod: 5 (morm, Azaelia, Jenny,Kuruharan, Diamond)
Feanor of the Peredhil:1 (sleepy)
Gil-Galad:2 (Firefoot, Nogrod)
Sleepy Ranger:1 (Oddwen)
Mormegil:1 (Feanor)
Kuruharan:1 (Kitanna)

Then the “miracles” started to happen.

1) 6.52 Boromir voting for Feanor, on a hunch of some kind, later (after Morm’s comment) telling it to have been based on Fea’s one sentence: “Fea’s a wolf”. Not much to go by, but a safe vote for either a villager or a wolf – would not kill Fea, because the situation seemed clear enough after this anyway:

Nogrod 5
Fea 2

2) 7.10 Kuruharan draws out a vote for me and goes on with a vote to Jenny, believing her a bit more suspicious than me. So it’s now:

Nogrod 4
Fea 2

3) 7.11 (= basically a x-post?) Mormegil changes his vote for me to a one on Feanor, thinking me innocent enough. That way he actually gives the real killing blow to Fea! It was almost sealed right there (someone could still change a vote, but it seemed, that of others, only Jenny was around, and she already had a vote on me...).

Nogrod 3
Feanor 3

4) 7.17 After waiting for a moment for any more surprises, I do the only reasonable thing I can do, and change my vote from Gil to Fea, and it’s there:

Nogrod 3 (Azaelia, Jenny, Diamond)
Feanor 4 (Sleepy, Boromir, Mormegil, Nogrod)

5) 7.30 The end of the day. “Feanor the wolf” killed...

So the wolf is dead + an innocent life saved! In 45 minutes, from just nothing (5-1 situation...)!

Some kind of guidance, or then some really tricksy stuff going on? Or just incredible luck? Believe, what you will...

Even though,
a) It’s great, we got a wolf on the first day: no better start imaginable!
b) I’m really happy to see another day myself!
But still, this is a fishy thing. It’s kind of like in the best detective stories. The result is right, the way it became about is quite unnerving. Now for using those little gray cells, all of us...
Old 03-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #91
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril I have prepared a statement:

I’m actually writing this up while it’s still “Night”, so I cannot post it of course, but I thought I ought to get my thoughts together while there isn’t a flurry of posting going on. So, all thoughts and ruminations stem from the events of the first day, the first execution, and no further.

Well, first, it’s all very confusing and I hardly know what to think. So I’m in danger of writing a really sloppy “I don’t know” fest, but it apparently may be lethal to observe quietly, so on to the festival:

The Fea-Wolf, hmmmm.... I didn’t really suspect her but then I didn’t really suspect anyone. Maybe reading over the thread two or three times, with the bonus knowledge of Fea’s wolfishness, will shed some light on what felt like a rather murky day.

Thoughts on people in mostly random order:

Nogrod

I think I may have ticked him off with my go-with-the-flow vote (who knew that voting to kill someone could annoy that person?) so I’m feeling slightly worried about having landed myself in the “quiet and useless” crowd. So now I’m scared of Nogrod. But, does he seem like a wolf to me, more like a villager frustrated with the tide rising against him. Hmmm. Well, if he’s both a wolf and ticked off with me, I might die during this night. Though he did say wolves wouldn’t waste their time with quiet people. Which might mean nothing if he’s a wolf. If I do get et I won’t be posting this post, will I? So maybe if I am alive and posting when I post this, it’ll mean Nogrod’s just a villager. Or not. My life could mean zip. I could be overestimating how much he cared that I voted for him. It likely more important to note that he voted for Morm before changing his mind and voting for Fea purely to save himself. Hmmm, maybe he didn’t want to see fellow wolf Fea go, but better her than him in the bitter end?

Jenny

Said:

Quote:
I'm so upset at Mith's death!
Hmmm. Overly showy emotion for the moderator. Fishy. Or she could just be having fun with the role-play.

Also said:

Quote:
Fea looks not at all wolvish to me, and I do not like the likelihood of her getting lynched today.
This when the Fea movement had pretty much condemned her. Maybe an ill-timed effort to save a fellow wolf? Or was she earnest and just wrong about Fea? Toss up. Fea is pretty convincing. I especially liked her ambiguous description of me when she knew darn well that I’m innocent. So trusting in Fea’s outward innocence isn’t hard to do, therefore to defend her isn’t necessarily suspicious.

Kuru

His first post made me think he was supposed to be Barney Fife, as it seemed a fairly good Don Knotts impersonation. But that’s neither here nor there, and anyway, I don’t think Dep. Fife was ex-CID. As far as werewolfishness goes, well, Fea did jump on him right away. That’s pretty suspicious, considering her true identity. She retracted it soon after, but the whole cheeky “I heart you Kuruharan” -- hiiiighly suspicious. Though everyone keeps saying she plays the game the same way whether wolf or no, so why am I even bothering trying to figure anything out that way....

Morm

Well, he began the Nogrod-lynch-mob. This could mean something or nothing.

Boro

Started that whole math thing. I think. Maybe it’s a fun WW pastime in all villages. At any rate, I don’t want to be Female Stereotype Barbie but I’m terrible at math and so I’ll just steer clear of opining on that. Boro seems to be satisfied with my innocence right now, which either means my post really did provisionally convince him of that, or he knows something the rest of us (besides me and the wolves) don’t, mainly that I am in fact an ordinary girl. Interestingly enough, it was Boro who started the Fea movement in earnest, even though Sleepy was technically the first to vote for her.

Firefoot

Early on defended Nogrod. This could mean Firefoot, Fea and Nogrod are wolves! Eh, too simple. Seemed to me like she was just commenting on Morm and Azaelea’s quick votes for Nogrod.

Sleepy

Off the bat voted for Fea. Could be werewolf smokescreen. Could be taken at face value. Sleepy is mysterious to me. (Oh wait, everyone is mysterious to me).

POST SLEEPY DEATH EDIT: Ooooh... wolves got him. Hmm. Probably they didn’t like his first vote for Fea, suspected him of being the Seer perhaps?

Firefoot

Said:

Quote:
Diamond went pretty far into a defense of herself because of the accusation based on her name. I'm not sure it means anything, but I have noticed that newcomer wolves are sometimes overly defensive. I'm not sure this applies here since she sounded fairly even-minded through all of it.
Think of me as vain rather than defensive. He mentioned me so naturally I responded, since people who mention me are always more interesting to me.

Actually, I just didn’t feel like accusing anyone or stating suspicions, and that left the option to lay out my defense.

Anyway, Firefoot said not to lynch Nogrod and nominated Gil-Galad for death. She gave a perfectly good reason, though, so I’m hesitant to try reading anything into it.

Oddwen

Quiet, infrequent poster. Cast her first vote for Sleepy and didn’t really say why, just that she didn’t want to vote for Nogrod. Interesting.

Kitanna

Umm... not much to say here. She seemed fly pretty low under the radar... could be an inconsequential factoid or could be werewolfish. Beats me, it does.

Gil-Galad

Erratic, didn’t contribute much. Nothing much to go on.

Azaelea

Was here early and had to leave, voted for Nogrod. Mean much? Can’t say.

And that’s my poorly constructed breakdown of the players. Before I get a chance to post this, one will die. But I’ll post the whole thing anyway, seeing as I had no time for a player play-by-play before the deadline.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #92
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Well, I can conclusively discount the possibility of a wolf-on-wolf vote from Sleepy.

I wonder if they were looking for a seer by going for Sleepy? All others who voted for Fea gave somewhat more conclusive reasons.

I was absolutely positive that Fea was innocent. And in my defense, I can only quote Ambrose Bierce:
Quote:
To be positive: To be mistaken at the top of one's voice
My stance on her was mistaken, but honest. I am glad wiser heads prevailed, but I will not apologize for my voting.

Honestly, I did not change my vote from Gil to Nogrod to jump on a bandwaggon. I jumped because Nogrod's tone in his post against you, morm, annoyed me greatly. A petty reason, but the best I had at the time. And when changing my vote once pulled criticism from Kuruharan, (and out of all the vote-changing, why pick mine?) I was reluctant to do so again, in order to jump on a bandwagon for someone I thought innocent.

EDIT: X-posted with Diamond
Old 03-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #93
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

A) Fea's dead
B) Fea was a wolf

A) alone is enough to cause relief. Combine that with B) and I'm positively euphoric!

At the moment, I'm now more inclined to think that JennyHallu is innocent. I think it is probable that there would be only one wild and unpredicatable character among the wolves. At least that is my thought for the moment. (Of course, on the other hand, in post 81 she expressed her opinion that lynching Fea was a mistake. Something to keep in mind, although it would be easy to make too much of this.)

Now, this next bit may seem a bit strange...

...but I've gone back to being a bit suspicious of Nogrod again. Admittedly, everything he did there at the end could be something that an innocent person would do. However, I've heard of wolves doing similar things in the past (i.e. pouncing on each other to save their ownselves). Something about that sequence just rubbed me the wrong way. I still believe Nogrod bears watching.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #94
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Well based on yesterday I feel pretty confident that these following people are innocent, and if they aren't they deserve to win for doing a nice job in being convincing:

Jenny
Mormegil
Nogrod
Sleepy
(who's now dead)

Jenny, because she expressed dissapointment in the decision to lynch Fea. Jenny should be embarrassed for calling us out and showing her dissapointment in the lynching of Fea, but I don't think it would be a wolfish move. Why would a wolf who knows one of their comrades be lynched cry out and get upset at the village in their decision to lynch a wolf? Just doesn't make sense, so Jenny seems innocent.

mormegil because of his vote for Fea. He spotted what I did and acted on it and luckily we made the right decision and we found the right thing as we spotted a wolf.

Nogrod, now it's possible that he is a wolf and so that two wolves aren't lynched he voted for Fea. However, I severely doubt this and think now he is innocent, and I think his innocence I can show a bit later on with who I think our wolves are.

Quote:
I would also call into question Sleepy’s vote. He specified that he didn’t think Fea would be lynched. Is it a wolf-on-wolf vote? It could be and Fea would strategize just that way too.~mormegil
Umm...mr. detective morm, sleepy is dead. It's obvious wiht his first vote for Fea the wolves thought he was the Seer. I don't think we can find anything else in his posts as he basically just talked about Fea and why he voted for her, and his vote was just random. It's highly likely that they believed he was the Seer and had dreamt of Fea that night.

So who are our wolves. I almost feel bad for them because I don't think Fea expected to be lynched. I didn't expect her to be lynched until the last 10 minutes, and now I'm glad the village was able to make the right decision. But, I think Fea has hurt the wolves more than she helped, because she didn't anticipate being lynched and I think she left us good clues to who her comrades are.

Quote:
Firefoot: Accuses Boro, votes Gil. Hopes Kitanna isn't a wolf so that she can remain in comparison to one of the Greats. Firefoot is, whether on your side or not, good to have around. Her posts, especially as the game goes on, are full of substance, logical, insightful. If she's a wolf, we'll kill her later, but whether she is or not, her detail-oriented posts are helpful.
She comes out and defends Firefoot. Now, without knowing Fea's identity this doesn't seem to strike too much suspicion, but now knowing she was a wolf, and not anticipating herself to be lynched she very well could have been defending a buddy.

The other one she defended was Kitanna
Quote:
Kitanna: Accuses Firefoot, Fea, Nogrod. Later defends Nogrod. I can't make up my mind whether I trust or distrust her. Basically, in my mind, if I think you're guilty, I don't worry, and if I think you're innocent, I dont' worry. I've got you placed. It's when I'm unsure that I look closer. I'm unsure of Kitanna.
Or at least she slightly defended him, saying she was unsure about her, and could be another wolf connection.

But the one that I am now almost completely sure one of her accomplices is Kuruharan. I remarked on his behaviour yesterday and disregarded it as being day 1. However, Kuru and Fea seemed to be rather in a joking mood yesterday. Fea comes out and her first post she votes for Kuru, and of course it was more in a joking manner. I didn't make much of it at first, but now knowing Fea is a wolf, and thinking that she wouldn't anticipate being lynched I think she left us with a big hint as to who one of her buddies was. (Of course it was probably unintentional, but it's something I won't pass up on).

Kuruharan you have a lot of answering to do.

Last edited by Boromir88; 03-17-2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: bolding names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And a quick comment on Morm.

You seem to be building a case against Jenny. I have tried to do it in my last two games: both of them. At the first time I was wrong, at the later right. She played the same way in both of them - as she plays now. Jenny needs to be seen, but isn't outright a wolf by her style. Well I should know that, being accused because of my style every time... and which style after all is not so far from yours?
(I tried reading your posts as written by me, and I was amazed: they were fun and just the way normal... not the random execution orders some people, including me, may have interpreted them)

EDIT: X-posted with a lots of stuff that requires thinking again...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-17-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Translation

I appreciate this is "in character "but in the spirit of open communication:

Posts: 385 Je nous tout acclame! Hourra! Quel fait! Et dans la quelle maničre il était fait accomplit!

Translates roughty as "I congratulate us all! Hooray! What a deed! And what a manner it was accomplished in!"

Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #97
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I stand with Boromir's suspicion of Kuruharan. And not because he voted for me, I can be petty, but not THAT petty.

Because of WHY he voted for me.

Quote:
++ JennyHallu

Am I the only one who has noticed that she's been running around here all crazy and stirring things up and generally causing confusion (how many times has she changed her vote)? I think excessive boisteriousness is an indication of werewolfishness because werewolves tend to be a bit excited by their status and they just can't help stirring the pot.
I admit I have a bad habit of posting a lot, and I did change my vote once. But so did many other people, especially towards the end of the Day. Admittedly that killed us a wolf, but Kuru expressed suspicion of me for changing my vote to the same person that he was voting for. (The change from Gil to Nogrod was my only vote change, and it was still fairly early in the day)

I am inclined, at this point, to think Noggie innocent. I have re-read his posts, and have no reason not to think him so after comparison to his previous games. His phrasing sometimes irritates me, and it's difficult to keep up with his rapid-fire posting while at work, but he's always loud and brash, as far as I can tell.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I appreciate this is "in character "but in the spirit of open communication:
Posts: 385 Je nous tout acclame! Hourra! Quel fait! Et dans la quelle maničre il était fait accomplit!
Translates roughty as "I congratulate us all! Hooray! What a deed! And what a manner it was accomplished in!"
Well, I kind of tried to come with a roughly similar version in English in the following sentences:

Quote:
So: WOW! We got a wolf!
And in what a way was it carried!
But sorry!

I will note it clearer, when I try to "translate" my characters possible french bursts the next time... :
Old 03-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #99
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Translation note.

I just wanted to make it explicit since of course it is only obvious that it is a translation if you know French in which case you dont need the translation....

Old 03-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #100
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Jenny: I just love your characterizations: bilious, brash etc. Everytime I have to check my vocabulary, and then enjoy... You couldn't be more wrong, but that's not my problem - or yours. This is a game...

But claiming me illogical a bit offends me. I would very much like to hear an example - or maybe quite a many indeed, as you seem to be implying that that's my general feature!

EDIT: Thanks Mith!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #101
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Kuruharan you have a lot of answering to do.
I fail to see it. In fact, there really isn't a whole lot I could say anyway. How is one supposed to defend oneself from the capricious whims of somebody as unstable as Fea?

To be perfectly blunt, everybody knows she and I have a past. I'd say she did it to try and spite me and see if she could start a bandwagon against me and get back at me for what happened before. When that didn't work, she went on her erratic way.

Congratulations on falling into her trap!

Quote:
I stand with Boromir's suspicion of Kuruharan. And not because he voted for me, I can be petty, but not THAT petty.
Couldn't prove it by me.

Quote:
Kuru expressed suspicion of me for changing my vote to the same person that he was voting for.
A reasonable thing to do since I thought you could be trying to piggy-back on me and hide in my shadow.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #102
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
To be perfectly blunt, everybody knows she and I have a past. I'd say she did it to try and spite me and see if she could start a bandwagon against me and get back at me for what happened before. When that didn't work, she went on her erratic way.
And now you two have the same past as being wolves in crime correct? Oh wait, let me get my tape recorder I have to get this confession!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #103
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Nogrod: I said illogical yesterDay because I didn't think your argument against Morm made any sense. It seemed mostly a reaction to his vote for you.

And Kuru: I could hardly be piggy-backing on you when I voted for Nogrod before you did, and expressed doubt about that same vote, in much the same wording as you used, several posts before you said anything about voting for Nogrod at all.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #104
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'm actually more inclined, at the moment, to think Fea's implication of Kuru was more the effort of a wolf jumping on an innocent. But I'm not sure. I'll have to take a closer at his reasonings for voting Nogrod and JennyHallu....

And Kuru, why didn't you vote for Fea, if A alone is enough to make you happy?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #105
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Nogrod, perhaps the reason you come across as brash or rude sometimes is that most of us are putting a great deal of effort into our phrasing, making sure every word means exactly what we do, and cannot be misconstrued. While you, on the other hand, are putting a great deal of effort into speaking in English. When we're all being so careful, you come across as very...(searching for a word) unsubtle in comparison, and more aggressive than I'm sure you intend.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #106
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
I'm actually more inclined, at the moment, to think Fea's implication of Kuru was more the effort of a wolf jumping on an innocent. But I'm not sure. I'll have to take a closer at his reasonings for voting Nogrod and JennyHallu....~Diamond
I'm on a hot streak and I'm just rolling with it. After yesterday I am just feeling so, so hearty and I'm rolling with it. I found "Fea is a wolf" as a move Fea would do and went off that to vote for her, and of course she turned out to be a wolf. Now I think she attached herself to a wolf partner, because one didn't expect being lynched and I basically disregarded her joking and connection with Kuru as Fea being herself, but now knowing Fea is a wolf, I believe she connected herself to another wolf. Unintentionally of course, because she didn't intend getting lynched, but still I'm not going to pass up obviuos signs of wolfishness anymore. I mean I am a simple man and I have a chance to be 2/2 here, I'm pitching a perfect game, and I'm going with it.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #107
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
And now you two have the same past as being wolves in crime correct? Oh wait, let me get my tape recorder I have to get this confession!
I do hope everyone is noticing the decided lack of substance here.

Quote:
I could hardly be piggy-backing on you when I voted for Nogrod before you did, and expressed doubt about that same vote, in much the same wording as you used, several posts before you said anything about voting for Nogrod at all.
That's true. I apologize, I posted too hastily without going back and looking at the record (that’s what one gets for typing off the cuff). However, my uneasiness regarding your behavior (and you still seem to spend a lot of time criticizing Nogrod's manner when your own is open to considerable question) still remains and is getting worse. I'd said at the start of this DAY that my suspicions of you were on the wane. Now you certainly seem to be piggy-backing Boromir.

Quote:
I didn't see any particular reason to think Fea guilty at the time and I saw a lot of danger to myself if I voted for her and she turned out to be innocent. People would have pounced on me instantly.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #108
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This is getting interesting indeed! Passionant!

I just can't be here so wholeheartedly as I would wish (in a sense) as I have some RL friday night company to enjoy (and wouldn't change that to this game anyhow, as a great fun this is).

But lots of things happening, and I'll be back with something more substantial in a couple of hours (2-3-4) time.

Before that I have just one question to Boromir. You really are someone, I would really like to see as our friend - and whom I would be really be much afraid as a foe.

Boro: You make really beautiful accusations. You make sense and seem to be very cabable and experienced. Still that last night haunts me. Was it just pure chance, or where there other powers at work? You made the safe vote, anyhow. Within you brilliant analyses you also seem to have a blind spot with me: f.ex.

Your double suspicion (#44 + #51), that was outright foolish:

Quote:
He says he was just trying to get discussion, which I think is reasonable, but is it innocent trying to be helpful, or is he being the clever wolf poller?...trying to see where the village stands and make his plan with his buds?
Obviously, because it's even more important to the villagers to find out the situation - to whom to trust - the wolves already know the situation...

Or the last post yesterday:

Quote:
Nogrod will probably be lynched tomorrow anyway as his behaviour at the end looks extremely wolfish
I would really like to hear, why saving one's own life by changing a vote is wolvish? No experienced player would let that kind of thing out of his mouth, as a villager...

So you are kind of saying, that I'm innocent, and then on other posts pointing to my "wolvishness"... A wolf might do that, to be sure (so: keeping the possible troublemaker alive, but bringing some more oil to the fire for the villagers to lynch him - not looking overtly guilty oneself = clear mentionings, that you don't suspect me). It would be wise indeed. But as a villager, I guess you should come forward with some explanations. I really would be relieved, to hear them. I surely would appreciate you as a fellow villager more than as a wolf...

I really do hope you have clear and plain answers, showing either me or yourself misguided, so I can really trust you.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #109
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm working on catching up on all that's been said so far today, and will have something more substantial up here soon, but at the moment these couple of things caught my eye:
Quote:
most of us are putting a great deal of effort into our phrasing, making sure every word means exactly what we do, and cannot be misconstrued.
I don't. If you're really innocent and don't have anything to hide, I guess it seems to me that every word shouldn't have to be carefully chosen. *shrugs*

Quote:
Nogrod, now it's possible that he is a wolf and so that two wolves aren't lynched he voted for Fea. However, I severely doubt this and think now he is innocent, and I think his innocence I can show a bit later on with who I think our wolves are.
I don't understand this logic. Not saying anything about Nogrod's innocence or guilt, I think this is quite shaky grounds to clear him on. If he was a wolf, of course he would change his vote to Fea. I realize that you account for this, but you don't give any other reasons that I saw for marking him as innocent. Care to explain, or point me back to someplace that I missed?

Also, I advise against trying to decipher too much out of Fea's posts about who might be innocent or guilty. Fea is insane and will have gone out of her way to confuse us all (she probably would have done that were she innocent as well). There is no way of telling how much of that she was being honest in.

Without much analysis, Boromir is starting to look suspicious to me. More when I post next...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #110
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
most of us are putting a great deal of effort into our phrasing, making sure every word means exactly what we do, and cannot be misconstrued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I don't. If you're really innocent and don't have anything to hide, I guess it seems to me that every word shouldn't have to be carefully chosen. *shrugs*
Actually, this is a rather good point. There are a few niggling things that are making me suspicious of Jenny right now, and that comment is another one.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #111
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Boro: You make really beautiful accusations. You make sense and seem to be very cabable and experienced. Still that last night haunts me. Was it just pure chance, or where there other powers at work? You made the safe vote, anyhow. Within you brilliant analyses you also seem to have a blind spot with me: f.ex.~Nogrod
Well thank you for the compliment.

Quote:
would really like to hear, why saving one's own life by changing a vote is wolvish? No experienced player would let that kind of thing out of his mouth, as a villager...~ibid
I was going underneath the logic that if Fea had been innocent then you would look extremely wolvish. Now of course saving one's own life is expected, whether you're wolf or innocent, but I would certainly raise the red flag so to say if Fea had turned out to be an innocent.

Quote:
I don't understand this logic. Not saying anything about Nogrod's innocence or guilt, I think this is quite shaky grounds to clear him on. If he was a wolf, of course he would change his vote to Fea. I realize that you account for this, but you don't give any other reasons that I saw for marking him as innocent. Care to explain, or point me back to someplace that I missed?~Firefoot
Well I think simply because he has voted for a wolf it shows promise to his innocence. Plus I believed his innocence yesterday and see no reason as to why he is a wolf. I said it's possible that if he is a wolf it very likely with double lynchings you don't want two bagged in one night...however I'm inclined to believe he's innocent since he did contribute to the death of a wolf.

Quote:
Without much analysis, Boromir is starting to look suspicious to me. More when I post next...~Firefoot
Oh is that so? I'd love to hear this. Or is it that I have actually bagged two wolves. Fea defended both of her companions, is that it Firefoot? Is that why I look so suspicious, oh my can't wait to hear this.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #112
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay, here's what I've dug up, just looking at Boromir. I'm not ready to say whether he is a wolf or not - I need to look at other people more closely as well first. My investigation of Boromir was purely on a first impression's basis.

The first thing that stood out was in post 29 when he was going through analyzing people he mentioned Fea and Jenny in the same paragraph with a label of light-hearted, sort of innocent sort of guilty seeming. This caught my eye because Fea, obviously, is a wolf, while Jenny has been coming under suspicion. So whether or not this means anything, there it is.

Post 85:
Quote:
Now if Fea turns out to be innocent, which probability and likelyhood tells us she most likely is then Nogrod will probably be lynched tomorrow anyway as his behaviour at the end looks extremely wolfish is Fea turns out to be innocent.
Aside: I'm definitely having difficulty figuring out where you've been with Nogrod. This reasoning that Fea probably will be innocent doesn't seem to match with his recent vote for her. This could be (and likely is) just first day unsureness. Maybe.

Also, his vote for Fea caught my eye. It came about 45 minutes before the end of the Day when Nogrod was looking to be lynched. With his vote for Fea, she was still 3 votes behind him, and Boromir said it himself:
Quote:
Don't think she'll be lynched, and I was waiting around to see what she had to say, but hasn't happened so far and she always scares me as a player...whether she's innocent or not. [bolding mine]
The possibility is certainly there of a wolf voting for another wolf.
Quote:
I'm on a hot streak and I'm just rolling with it. After yesterday I am just feeling so, so hearty and I'm rolling with it. I found "Fea is a wolf" as a move Fea would do and went off that to vote for her, and of course she turned out to be a wolf. Now I think she attached herself to a wolf partner, because one didn't expect being lynched and I basically disregarded her joking and connection with Kuru as Fea being herself, but now knowing Fea is a wolf, I believe she connected herself to another wolf. Unintentionally of course, because she didn't intend getting lynched, but still I'm not going to pass up obviuos signs of wolfishness anymore. I mean I am a simple man and I have a chance to be 2/2 here, I'm pitching a perfect game, and I'm going with it.
Possibly aka: look at me, I voted for a wolf and then she got lynched so I must not be a wolf!

Quote:
Or is it that I have actually bagged two wolves. Fea defended both of her companions, is that it Firefoot? Is that why I look so suspicious, oh my can't wait to hear this.
This recent attempt to turn the tables around also appears mildly suspicious, as well as annoying and condescending, as if he should be held above all blame and scrutiny.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #113
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Perhaps, Firefoot, I am careful in my phrasing because everyone keeps saying there are "nagging things" concerning them about me, and you are the first to state clearly what you (mistakenly) felt suspicious, besides "something about her manner", or "she's too boisterous".

Which can mean either
Quote:
Meaning #1: noisy and lacking in restraint or discipline
Synonyms: rambunctious, robustious, rumbustious, unruly

Meaning #2: full of rough and exuberant animal spirits
Synonym: knockabout

Meaning #3: violently agitated and turbulent
Synonyms: fierce, rough
I don't think so. In fact, I think if one actually does an analysis of me, one would find I have been consistent, polite, and I have attempted to be thoughtful and helpful.

Hmm...who has been "boisterous"?

Boromir88
Agreeing with him that Kuruharan looks suspicious (in the first hour of the Day) is hardly an alliance. And my reasoning was different, and I felt stronger. I may be wrong, I don't like that, but I'm accustomed to that.

Boro, however, is certainly as the day goes on looking more and more suspicious. (Suspicion is not the same as an accusation as any Clue players among you know.) His tone is almost gloating, and he throws accusations on flimsy grounds around quite easily. I agreed with him that Kuruharan seemed worth looking into further, but surely not everyone Fea mentioned is a wolf? And any look into his suspicions that doesn't end in his conclusions is instantly jumped on.

Nogrod
I think you and I are doomed to boisterousness together. I was frustrated with you day 1, but I think I was reading more into what you said than you intended, and I honestly think you are innocent. If you are not, I shall be forced to eat my hat.

Kuruharan
I think I expressed my concerns regarding Kuru earlier. I don't think I need to rehash them now.

Diamond18
Basically, my worries about Diamond are fairly simple. When Boro and I said "We should look at Kuruharan" her response was an instant but substanceless "Yes, we should look at Kuruharan". When Firefoot questioned my phrasing her response was an instant but substanceless "Yes, we should look at Jenny".

I would like to see some more substantive involvement in the discussion today from her.

Other villagers:
Oddwen
Kitanna
Azaelia

Too quiet! Admittedly, Zali has warned us she will be quiet due to time constraints. But I would dearly like to see more from these three.

Gil-Galad
Too quiet, insubstantial, non-voting...like always. I'm inclined to think he's innocent purely from his pattern. Heaven help us if he's a wolf...we're all too used to writing him off as "Oh, Gil's just being Gil again."

Mormegil
Well, honestly, I haven't seen enough from him to say one way or the other what I think of him, and I'm not going to try to analyse him.

Firefoot
Probably innocent. I appreciate the clarity of her arguments.

Have I missed anyone?

Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #114
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Diamond18
Basically, my worries about Diamond are fairly simple. When Boro and I said "We should look at Kuruharan" her response was an instant but substanceless "Yes, we should look at Kuruharan". When Firefoot questioned my phrasing her response was an instant but substanceless "Yes, we should look at Jenny".
Actually, Jenny, my exact words regarding Kuruharan were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
I'm actually more inclined, at the moment, to think Fea's implication of Kuru was more the effort of a wolf jumping on an innocent. But I'm not sure. I'll have to take a closer at his reasonings for voting Nogrod and JennyHallu....

I'm not sure how this translates into "Yes, we should look at Kuruharan." I said I wasn't that suspicious of Kuruharan, but acknowledged that I wasn't 100% sure, and voiced my one spot of suspicion to explain why. I asked Kuru to further elaborate on it. I wasn't jumping on any bandwagon with you or Boro, since as you will see from my earlier post, I was already slightly suspicious of the Fea/Kuru dynamic.

As for me agreeing with what Firefoot pointed out... well, I just thought it was a good point. Why would I have to elaborate more on what she said well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
I would like to see some more substantive involvement in the discussion today from her.
Well, I can't exactly bend over backwards just to be more substantial, whatever exactly that means. But I will say that this post, which incorrectly assesses my position on Kuruharan, only increases my suspicion of you at the moment.

Last edited by Diamond18; 03-17-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

This makes me look more suspicious but frankly I don't care anymore.

Firefoot, you're right I was gloating, because it's so humorous that the answer is sitting right in front of your face and you can't see it. Now it's time to stop gloating and get more annoyed as I'm getting quite frustrated.

Everyone's saying I have no basis for my suspicions of Kuru? Maybe I do maybe I don't. Yesterday I didn't let myself get fooled by Fea's typical play..."Let's say Fea's a wolf." I noticed that, myself and mormegil commented that Fea is the type of player that will say that if she was a wolf, so I voted for her. I wasn't going to be pulled in by her and cast it off as being "way too obvious for Fea to be a wolf," because that's exactly what she wants you to think. And I'm glad I didn't.

Now I'm getting annoyed because yet again the answer is right there in front of your face, but you're too busy casting suspicion on moi. Fea plain out said "I love you Kuru." Now that Fea is a wolf this is the most obvious sign that Kuru is also one. Yet everyone's saying it's way too obvious and Fea's unpredictable we can't take it serious. That's what she wants you to think! That's what the wolves want you to think! She came flat out and said she loved Kuru, and the only person a wolf would love is another wolf. Now you're saying it's way too obvious? I wasn't fooled yesterday by Fea's play, I'm not going to be fooled by it today. The answer is right there, and she wants you to believe it's way too obvious to be a wolf, that's what Fea does. You're too busy looking at all these complicated wolf on wolf votes, the answer is right there and you disregard it as "obvious."
Quote:
Boro...
which either means my post really did provisionally convince him of that, or he knows something the rest of us (besides me and the wolves) don’t, mainly that I am in fact an ordinary girl. Interestingly enough, it was Boro who started the Fea movement in earnest, even though Sleepy was technically the first to vote for her.~Diamond
You may want to hear that I have some special insight, I'm sorry I don't. I have no more knowledge than any other innocent. Though I do know how Fea is, and she wants you to think she's too obvious, she wants you to think she wouldn't possibly come out and say she loves another wolf. Just like she wants you to think she isn't a wolf when she tells you she is.

Ok so here's the possibilities I see...

We lynch Kuru, he's a wolf, there's much rejoicing

We lynch Kuru, he's innocent, I'm wrong, I look totally foolish and you shall all smite and lynch me as rightfully so for being some misguided and stupid.

You lynch me, my innocence is revealed, Kuru escapes and turns out to be a wolf then everyone in the village feels stupid for not listening to me.

So wouldn't you rather make me look stupid and get me lynched then make yourselves look stupid and lose? The answers right there, I'm sticking my neck out, I'm putting my life on the line to be Kuru is a wolf. I hope you all see it to. Now it's time for me to be off, I'll be back of course.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #116
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
alas i must go quiet for a couple longer, but i shall vote....

++Kuruhuran
Old 03-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #117
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Finally I have a chance to sit down and write something. I've been catching up on all that has been said today and three people have jumped out at me. Jenny, Boromir, and Kuru.

Jenny seems to be pretty petty (and she said so herself in her first post today). She voted for Gil and then retracted it and changed it to Nogrod because "Nogrod's tone in his post against you, morm, annoyed me greatly." That sort of jumped out at me. Is she trying to defend Morm? Trying to hop on an innocent's back? Hard to say. I'm trying to find the post where Jenny defends Fea and believes her to be innocent (ack so blind!) depending on when the post was made it can say a lot.

Boromir and Kuru seem to have engaged themselves in a battle early on today. As well as Jenny following Boromir's lead and accusing Kuru. Given Fea's history in these games and her early "joke" vote for Kuru Boromir's first post makes a good point. But there's plenty of room for doubt.

Fea's vote for Kuru could have been a planned joke between the wolves. And Fea probably didn't see herself getting lynched on DAY one. So she took a stab at fellow wolf Kuru. But Fea could simply have picked out Kuru because of their playing history. It is possible Fea was doing her usual Fea thing and if she was lynched then people would look long and hard at Kuru and fingers would point to him even though he's innocent.

I am more inclined to see Kuru as a wolf, but there's enough doubt for me to hold out on voting for him. The day is still relatively young and I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet.

Now there's Boromir. He seems awfully sure of himself. It's quite unnerving, but if he's right and Kuru is a wolf then we owe him a great deal of thanks. If he's wrong he's damned himself. But bear in mind even if he's wrong there's still a chance he was a misguided innocent.

So I think if Kuru is a wolf, Boromir is most likely innocent. If Kuru is innocent then there's a good chance Boromir is a wolf. Jenny could be working with either one. I feel she is a mystery and she could easily go either way.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #118
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I'm trying to find the post where Jenny defends Fea and believes her to be innocent (ack so blind!) depending on when the post was made it can say a lot.
Top of page 3. #81

Last edited by Diamond18; 03-17-2006 at 06:02 PM. Reason: linkage
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

There as such dimensions now here! Needs to be looked at with time! Great play! Just fascinating, whoever is whoever...

But Gil's last message! #116
Now C'mon people! Is this worthy of the game we are playing? I kind of tried to haste us for lynching Gil-kind of people the first day and I admit, I might have rushed (although the tactics to really bite, you really should announce it from the beginning... I don't want to rise that issue anymore, because we are at day two, and things are different now), but this is just nasty - Jenny: now I use the word nasty for a player, not only for the action...

And before anyone makes the quasi-accusation: of course I'm happier with a dead wolf than with a dead Gil, but anyhow. This just makes me angry (normally I'm not, I'm very bad in getting angry).

Could Mith do something about this? Just considering the quality of the arguments and the intensity of the game, I just feel Gil's performance quite outrageous! And no matter to whom Gil's vote fell upon - it clearly was the last to have been suspected on the thread! So not reading the posts, not following the arguments, just popping in and then voting for the last one that has been accused! I kind of felt sad about Diamond's vote yesterday (check the grounds for it + the posting), but as Diamond has been writing very sensibly today, I bear no ill will towards her / him (oh my god, I don't know )

EDIT: Read some earlier mails and the thing is settled: so she is a Barbie-Diamond...

But Gil is just playing very badly indeed...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-17-2006 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added the number of Gil's last message, and added three words to make my meaning clearer...
Old 03-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #120
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'm a "her". It often surprises me how many people express confusion over that fact.