The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #241
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
In the evening, Volo didn't feel well at all.

"I'm going soon, but I feel I must vote, not another innocent I hope... But like Boromir well stated, Valesse has been rather strange. Sure, she is a tree, or how were they called... Ent? But she has been talking a lot, of which not much has made sence to me. Ah, I'll leave for now. Don't die. And, yes, my vote goes to

++Valesse"

Volo somehow left the inn.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nogrod opened his eyes after a while.

“I and I ‘ve been thinkin about this Valesse-ent too. She doesn’t look very convincing either.

Her first post. Boro has pointed out the fact that her insistence of the foolishness of that deed from a fellow wolf is at least questionable. But what bothers me too, is the way she talked about Menel in it.
Quote:
Shaking herself back into focus Valesse went on: "This Valier and Naria are suspect, and another this Menel perhaps, too?

"Menel, on the other branch, is some what bold, a little hasty... though not entirely brash. I do not believe that dice are a means to catching werewolves, but seeing as she has not cast a vote, it could have only been a sick joke in order to get others talking." Frowning even more, Valesse narrowed her giant eyes "And if this was the case, I should hope that your sense of humor improves."
One should note, that there was considerably clear case on Menel already that time – and still saying about Menel “perhaps suspected” as to play it down?

Funny, that later (#237) she even accepts that Menel was in trouble at the time...
Quote:
"Yes, true, it was mid day, but he was really the only villager with a -real- case against him, and on the first day, amid the random votes and hunches, surely you can come to figure that it would be a detrimental.
And in the end (of the first piece) trying to carefully explain for Menel? Not too openly but enough as to either actually help him or then just to be able to use this “I wouldn’t be so stupid as to defend a fellow lycanthrope” –argument.

Also her last defences are quite odd...
Quote:
"My experiances with werewolves is very limited and none of my ancestors have been one of their kind. To purposely play such a lycanthrope trick would be rather ambitious of me, then, I'd say. Brrhhmm! Now if your next arguement is that 'my fellow wolves instructed me' the first night, then I must mention that there is no way to prove such a thing. Just as there is no way to disprove it, other than arguing the unpredicatablity of positions on the first day."
First is kinda out of boundaries anyhow and the second somewhat nonsensical: there is always the possibility of a bluff and a double bluff, so there are very few things that can be proved in WW but posthumously.”

Nogrod pulled a little pill from his pocket and swallowed it with some beer he still had in his pint. "So, so... what my lorebooks tell me, is that almost anyone can be made to look bad when one concentrates - even the most innocent may be made to look bad assuming s/he is bluffing, double-bluffing, triple-bluffing...

Nevertheless I see these two ladies most suspicious of those I have really looked at right now and could think of voting either of them. But before, I'll have to do some more thinking. I've a bad feeling that I've not seen all the things I should have seen. You know that nasty nagging feeling that says to you that something is not quite right? If there is a wolf totally outside our search, as Maca kind of suggested it might be, then we might be in trouble unless the Seer has a nose to look at places we others do not."

X-talked with Volo
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #243
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Macalaure was sitting in his dark corner of the room listening to what was being said. Naria's vote made him raise an eyebrow and he collected his thought on this very suspect of his. Then he got up.

"First off, I have to apologise to Naria. I voted her very hastily yesterday and didn't come up with an explanation today. This was not kind of me and I will catch up on this now, though it is late. I was in a hurry to vote and I had three main suspects for reasons I gave before: Diamond18, Sleepy Ranger and Naria herself. The decision for Naria was quick and not much more than a hunch.

Today, Di is no more and Sleepy looks better, and though I have a new suspect in Valesse, you remain up there. The words you spoke today even increased my suspicion of you."

With that, Macalaure took a deep breath, and then continued.

"Naria seems to think everybody suspicious, which isn't after all better than finding nobody suspicious. In fact, it's even worse. Pointing in all directions causes more confusion than not pointing at all. Interestingly, Valesse, Gil-Galad and Kath are least suspicious to you. One of these is my second best suspect, and the other two I don't feel too well about. Hmm...

The reason you give for suspecting me is... suspect, especially since it seems to also be this reason why I'm even your chief suspect. At least you don't give anything else. You said:"

Macalaure browsed in his notes and read aloud.

"
Quote:
First off...I find you to be one of my top suspects mainly for your banterings where you seem to know a little too much on how werewolved woud/should act f.ex. "having fun" when they kill. I mean sure they might(and most likely do),but who in Arda would come right out and say that...that post sounds like you are bragging and trying to see if you can get away with it.
Now, since when is it considered taboo to speculate on the wolves motivations? You even concede that my point is probably right. Maybe something came over a different way than I intended, it is usually not my way to brag about things.

As I already said, I have nothing against suspicions on me, if there's a good reason behind it. If this truly is your reason, then I don't think it is a good one.

I am probably going to vote for you today, again. I will wait a little more to see what the others will do."

And with these words he went back to his corner. And he waited.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #244
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Boro, I’m not sure I ever did put Mac into my suspicion list. To begin with I felt that he could possibly have been involved in some wolf on wolf thing, but then decided that his comments were more innocent sounding. I apologise if I didn’t make that clear, but I find it odd that you picked up on him, as he was mentioned in passing more than specifically. I’ve just noticed you did explain that, but I’ll leave this in anyway.

As to having reasoning behind killing Menel, why can’t a wolf have reasoning? Indeed had a wolf decided to sacrifice a team member to keep suspicion from falling on them they would need good and clear reasoning or their vote would be more seriously looked at.

This ‘plan’ isn’t something I think is concrete. I simply suggested that perhaps some people might be working together, and that if that was the case, some things would make sense. It was all very circumstantial and speculative. My careful choreographing comment pertained to the idea that perhaps the wolves had planned to kill Menel off. It seems unlikely I’ll grant you but it is possible. Yes, it would put them at a disadvantage in terms of numbers, but a possible advantage in terms of a lack of suspicion later. Boro you say ‘do I really think you’d be that stupid?’ and the answer is no. However, you might be that clever. Bluffing has always had it’s place in these villages.

Lommy, I’m not sure what you meant by me being ‘so radically against general opinion’ when I became suspicious of you. My reasoning against you was not as strong as it could have been but I had the most reason to vote for you than anyone else at the time, and I certainly didn’t twist your words. I’m really not sure where you got that, would you mind explaining?

Valesse you voted for me yesterday for my summary being hasty. Now, my votes both have been, but my summary was not. It was short, yes, but it wasn’t rushed. I have learnt that writing a paragraph on every post is never appreciated (not least by me) but I got the points across that I wished to, albeit in a way that seemed to confuse some people.

As to toDay there has been a lot of arguing going on. This spat between Naria and Boro was a bit silly, as I didn’t really see a need for Boro to even answer to what Naria said. I find myself agreeing with Naria on many of the things she has said though, so I might be biased toward her at the moment.

I dislike Boro saying that he is not a wolf as though it were fact. If he is innocent then to him, yes it is a fact, but not to anyone else, and we have no reason to trust his word above anyone else’s right now.

Lommy’s analysis of what happened with Menel pretty much went the opposite way to how I saw the day, and I’m not sure whether that makes her more suspicious or less. She clears Nogrod and Boro and brings up some suspicion on Mac. Her analysis however, was mainly based on votes, something which I often disregard, so I’m still unsure. Oh, and Lommy, I have edginess in my responses?

Nogrod, I know that my comment to Naria might have seemed out of place, but I made no excuses for my behaviour. I voted early because I had not and could be around, had no suspicions and hadn’t heard a word anyone had said. I voted because I was not sure if I would be able to the next Day, and didn’t want to be killed off for something so avoidable as not voting. Naria though said that she would watch the whole day, and seemingly did, and yet couldn’t think of a single reason to vote for someone by the end of the Day. As it happens, that comment was not supposed to raise suspicion but to show gratefulness that she had started to take a more active role, because history has shown us that her family is very effective at times.

Now, that’s dealing with my suspects from yesterDay. ToDay the only person I wish to add to that is Volo. Reading through it seems that he has spoken a lot about history and lorebooks, but as I recall his family haven’t been seen in these parts before. It is possible that he could have gone and read through all the old lorebooks but I’m not sure that is the case, and it is also possible that he has another source of information for these facts, such as fellow wolves.

ToDay though my vote goes to

++BOROMIR

It is possible that I am reacting to his tone and the way he says things, but he is the most suspicious to my mind. His posts are somehow superior and from what I can see he has barely posted toDay, with what he has said being argumentative in nature rather than helpful. To be perfectly honest what I would really like is absolute proof of his role, and bar a dream we have no way of getting that other than lynching.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #245
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nogrod opened his left eye, then his right. Kath's word had poured into his head as he had been flying through his thoughts.

"Good remainder about Volo, Kath. As I said earlier, he has been one of those I haven't had time to think more thoroughly. He surely seems to know lots of things nowadays, unlike on Day1. A mate to give the lectures during the Nights might be a good explanation indeed?"

Slowly he got up from the chair to get another pint. "But I would say you have a flaw in your reasoning on Boromir. Just think of the chances of Boro being checked by the Seer. Would he then go and kill off one of his mates on Day1 and really go for the disadvantage, as his role would be revealed anyhow before the end, indeed pretty soon if the wolves won't find our seer? That would be foolhardy and too risky. Someone not believing to be dreamt of might go for the trick, but Boro surely doesn't fit the description... So if you ask me why I tend to trust him, that's one of the main reasons."

Nogrod took a long draught of the pint he had received and looked around the others still sitting in the bar.

"Ya'know brothers and sisters. Six votes and six different candidates. Shall we make it one each or what is the meaning?"
Old 09-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #246
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

'Kath,' Boromir said, 'I don't expect anyone to guarantee my innocence, though there is another way of knowning my innocence besides lynching me, and that is wait until the end of this living hell. And I also don't expect anyone to trust me, I'm just throwing out ideas and possibilities, if you decide to listen and agree so be it, if not so be it. But, you won't be gain any knowledge by lynching me, besides the fact I'm an innocent villager. Take it or leave it, it's all up to you. Sorry if you expect more from me, but I call it as I see it, and somedays I have more to offer than others. Recently I've mostly been concentrating on Valesse, as if what I've interpretted is right, than she is a wolf.'

Boromir then turned to Valesse, 'You said this Valesse.'
Quote:
Now if your next arguement is that 'my fellow wolves instructed me' the first night, then I must mention that there is no way to prove such a thing. Just as there is no way to disprove it, other than arguing the unpredicatablity of positions on the first day
I wasn't attempting to argue that, nor was I planning to argue that you planned this scenario with wolf buddies. But, it seems here you are suggesting that's what you did. Or at least that's a general plan, with my experience of wolves, is that they like to try to stay as far apart as possible, yet deflect suspicion away from themselves or their partners.

'You say that my argument is more of a 'blanket' I could be mistaking an innocent in this case. In which case I disagree, there is a difference between how the two interact with eachother. As an ordinary innocent, you don't know who is guilty and who isn't. Your guess is as good as any other ordinary villager. If you find someone coming under wolf scrutiny, that you don't particularly think is a wolf, you make an argument as far as why you don't think that way, why you don't think that particular person under scrutiny is wolfish.'

'However, in the wolves case, when they try to deflect suspicion away from one of their own that is being suspected, they defend his/her actions. There is a difference, between defending their actions, and explaining why you don't believe that person is a wolf. What I mean by defending their actions, and is used by the wolves is the 'That's true, but...' phrase. It's like you're agreeing with the individuals doing the scrutinizing, but trying to defelct their suspicions away from your buddy. I'll show you what I mean a little more clearly:

Quote:
I do not believe that dice are a means to catching werewolves, but seeing as she has not cast a vote, it could have only been a sick joke in order to get others talking."
'See you defended the actions of Menel. You say 'I don't agree with his way of catching wolves, but we shouldn't make too much out of it.' It definitely looks like you are purposefully trying to get suspicion away from Menel, you don't agree with what he's done, but it's probably just him joking. Where an innocent I don't think takes that same approach if they defend someone they don't see as guilty. They stick more with how the person's manner is, or how the person has voted, or whether what they say at least makes sense. They don't defend the actions (or what the person does).'

If that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it may be a bit confuddled. take this for example, right now I don't find Nogrod all that wolfish looking. I'm not sure that he's innocent, but he doesn't look wolfish. You see I don't defend what Nogrod does, but I just don't think a wolf would act the way he is acting right now, and I could use voting records or is what he says making sense to reach that conflusion, but I don't defend what he decides to do. It's up to Nogrod to defend his own actions if someone decides to start questioning him. Just like it's up to me to defend my own actions if someone starts suspecting me.'

'With that said, I'm convinced...

++Valesse'

Edit:

Cross-posted with Nogrod

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-11-2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #247
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wilwa hadn't really been paying attention to anything that happened that day, she was still thinking about everything that had already happened. But she finally noticed Naria sitting there waiting for a pint. Sadly, by the time she had it ready Naria had left. Well I wasn't of much use today,she thought.

(15 minutes left for those who didn't know)
Old 09-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #248
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Well, voting for Naria now does not make terrible lot of sense. I hoped someone would go for her, but you can't have anything. My other two suspects right now are Valesse and Gil-Galad. I am voting for Gil-Galad, because if I am wrong, then an innocent Gil-Galad is less of a loss than an innocent Valesse. He's just not giving a lot of input.

++Gil-Galad."
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #249
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
"Ironically what you said made perfect sense to me, finally, which might explain why all of my reasons did not make a bit of it." the tree chuckled "How amusing."

"First, I'm going to reply to Kath, though, before I forget what she said. I was not under the impression that your summary was hasty, if that is what I said it was only because it's in my idiom. hmmhmm something some of us are forgetting. I was under the impression that your summary was skewed... specifically- because it's only natural to notice what is yours- the bit about me. What you had summarized was completely backwards, and therefore I believe it would only be logical for someone to find that behavior suspicious."

"Now, Daleman." Valesse turned back to Boromir "We are not similar. We have very different personalities, and therefore react and respond differently. Mind you consider diction is not a constant variable in all villagers."

The ent was now quite tired "Now since I have been doing a great deal of defending myself" she eyed Boromir, somewhat amused "I have done very little work in figuring who is what. I will either be dead by tonight or tomorrow, anyways, considering the village's opinion of me, but I do ask that I not be made into a floor. That said I'm forced because of time to vote once more for

++ KATH."
Old 09-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #250
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod came back from the lavatory and took his pint from the desk, nodding to Wilva.

"Well... I guess we are reaching an agreement here? Kath's speech made me a bit more relaxed with her - even though I think some of her arguments are not good. So that would leave Valesse to be my choice toDay. I've argued the case already and think that Botromir has some good points on her as well.

But however we succeed toDay, I really suggest the village should look at Volo a bit more closely tomorrow to see whether this increase in knowledge is real or only an impression (that it is at least on my side right now)."

Nogrod draught what was left of his pint.

++ Valesse

He turned to Maca and said to him. "I agree with you about the innocence stuff between Gil and Valesse, but Gil looks more confused than guilty. Those would have been overtly bold moves from a wolf, I mean, the things he said and did toDay. Not like people from his family would do. So there is suspicion here at the first place. Hopefully we get it right this time."

EDIT: X-talked with Valesse
Old 09-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #251
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Valesse reached inside of the inn one last time and fritted the last of the apple cider. Pleased, she stood tall and considered her life very... fruitful.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #252
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Everyone please stop voting. There is a tie. In this case, the one who got to that number first will die. In this case, it is Valesse. I shall have the death up shortly.

Edit - My bad, no tie.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #253
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The villagers gathered at the end of the Day once more to cast their votes for whom they wanted to lynch. Finally, once Wilwa gathered all the votes, she tallied them.

"And the votes stand thus:

Nogrod - 1
Kath - 2
Macalaure - 1
Gil - 2
Valesse - 3
Boromir - 1

This means that Valesse is the one to be lynched."

The villagers turned and looked up at the Ent. "Hmmm...How do you kill a tree?" Boromir said thoughtfully.

"Well, we could always chop her to bits," Sleepy suggested, pulling out his sword at the same time.

"No, that would take to long," Naria said.

"How about we drown her?" Kath said savagely.

"She can just get up out of the water again!" Lommy cried.

"I know! We can burn her!" Volo suddenly shouted.

"Are you all done talking about me?" Valesse growled. For while they were debating, she had treansformed into a giant Wolf. With that, she lunged forward. But Nogrod was quicker. While everyone was talking, he had lit a match. And just as she lunged forward, he threw the match at her. The fire started to lick it's way up. Valesse was howling in pain. Finally, the fire died. All the was left of Valesse was ashes.

"Well, this makes my job easier," Boromir smirked as he walked away with the rest of the village.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3

Alive

Gil
Naria
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Everyone stop posting. I need a name from the Wolf, Seer and Ranger. Day 4 will start @ 6pm tomorrow.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #254
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The sun rose and dawned on the village. Everyone woke up feeling quite happy and quite relaxed. After their kill of the Wolf Valesse the Day before, they were sure that it wouldn't be much longer before they found the final Wolf.

However, their spirits fell as they congregated in the village square. Everytime that they've gathered in the morning they found that there was one person missing.

So when they counted, they were surprised that there were still nine of them. So they counted again, and again...and again.....and again....

Yet they still came to the same number.

"So, does this mean that-"

"-the Ranger succeded? Yes, yes it does."

And their spirits rose higher than they have been in a few Days. And everything looked much brighter in their eyes. Everyone, that is except one, who scowled inside and put up a pretense of joy. His attack had failed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3

Alive

Gil
Naria
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Please do not post until 6pm Eastern Time. I posted this up early as I knew I wouldn't have a chance then. Thanks and good luck.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

“We’re doing more than fine!” Nogrod was still a bit high after his night trip he had had with his pills and had to make a fifth recount of the heads present. “I could guess there are a couple of guys this wolf is not wishing to play any more with... but due to our ranger fella’, now s/he is forced to continue playing, at least for one Day. So to the bussiness, I say. Let’s get the beast toDay, before it can implement it’s scheme. Honours man, I and I sees it!”

He took his pipe, filled it carefully and lighted it. After taking the first puffs and blowing some semi-succesful rings from them he turned to face the others.

“Now one thing I started to wonder just between my trips last night, brothers and sisters. How come that wolf-Val’ didn’t vote for Gil? That would have saved her! Well, what can you wait from trees as it comes to logic, but still... That kinda’ baffles me mates. There is no sense there. She might have been stunned by the excitement or tension, to be sure – or had too little time to check the situation. Sure man. Possible that is: my lorebooks and the experience of my fallen forefathers have told me that it might be tense, even so as to dim the better judgement. But still? Wouldn’t any sane wolf check the situation? A vote for Gil would’ve done the trick!” Nogrod made a pause and inhaled the smoke concentratedly.

“But if voting for Gil – and thence killing him - would have felt quite basically wrong to her? If he was her last mate? Think of it. She was under a heavy pressure with some pretty good arguments – and she was scared as lycantrophes are under well made accusations they know are true. Then she saw that the one other candidate to kill besides herself was her mate. So killing the mate now would lead to her being the only last wolf and very possibly killed toDay. I quess at least I – or Boro either – wouldn’t have given up on our suspicion on her toDay in the case of a possible Gil-wolf being killed yesterDay. Probably we might have gained others to join with more time to make the arguments even more sound – and herself fearing of making one mistake more for us to take hold of... So as a wolfie, she decided to make a suicide, or at least not to reveal her connection to Gil who then might get out from this?”

Nogrod was still just for a while to get a new load of smoke into his body before he went on.

“So if she had a choice between the Scylla and the Kharybdis? She knew that killin’ Gil yesterDay by her own vote would lead to her lonely struggle toDay against all the odds. So she decided to die bravely and leave Gil unsuspected so that her side would still have a chance to win?”

With that Nogrod started towards the bar, but as he had taken quite a lot of stuff during the night and more just recently, he erred on the direction and went into Volo’s bar instead of Wilwa’s. Slowly he managed to stagger to the large armchair in Volo’s bar just beside the fireplace. Then he passed out.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #256
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
"right... i shall state again though nobody even pays attention to me and calls me useless, we must look around the box, if go saying a big lengthy description, people will be thinking 'wow, thats so long it must be true' when i go around and say my little tidbits, you people bring me into the picture for lack of post, well what i have to say, i say it in simple terms. now you may or may not even read what i said, but please don't call me useless, if you object to my theories or statements, then say 'well gil, if you say that then blah blah etc.' don't just ignroe me as always and that i'm more worthy to be cannon-fodder, if yo uall vote for me then its not a loss, but it is, because it gives the real wolf another chance to strike, and if the wolf was smart, he/she would know that to keep me alive would mean to use me as a scapegoat, so if you vote for me then you are helping the wolf's plans, though eventually he/she will be captured, it will cost us quite a bit. and that is my defense and if you say that i brought little to my defense then yo uclearly ignored me again and did not read this, now i am going to have some crapes and i'm not sharing!"
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #257
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thinlómien followed Nogrod to Volo's inn after hesitating a bit. She gestured Wilwa to join the company.

Thinlómien couldn't help smiling. The village was doing very well. "Nogrod, Boromir. If you are wolves, you are so cunning ones that I wouldn't mind losing the game to you." She curtseyed. "Both playing a part in lynching a wolf, again."

"Now, master Gil, you don't do much good for your cause by this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
and if the wolf was smart, he/she would know that to keep me alive would mean to use me as a scapegoat, so if you vote for me then you are helping the wolf's plans, though eventually he/she will be captured, it will cost us quite a bit.
We don't suffer much if one innocent more dies; we are in a better position than the sole wolf. If we however lynched you, and you were his/her scapegoat, s/he loses one and must find a new one. Besides, the theory's a bit hm... unconvincing. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think you'd be a probable wolf kill anyways."

"Volo, might I have an applejuice, please?" Thinlómien asked, taking a more comfortable position on the chair.

"Now, this Gil here certainly is one I'm interested to lynch. When he posts, he mostly gives quite suspicious statements. He's very silent and - I'm sorry to say - not a great asset to the village since he doesn't contribute very much to the discussion."

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-13-2006 at 12:38 AM. Reason: there is a difference between "past" and "part" I guess
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #258
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure trod into the bar smiling funnily and shaking his head. He ordered a pint and a second immediately and sat down. He downed his first pint, silently laughing and still shaking his head.

"Let me introduce you to the world of the wacky thoughts of Macalaure. But listen at your own peril!

For quite some time now I suspected that, due to their extreme trust towards each other, there is only the possibility that either both Nogrod and Boromir are wolves, or both are innocent. I paid serious heed to Kath's theory and found it quite possible and reasonable.
Yesterday, for the first time, I shyly tested my suspicion by throwing a little accusation towards Nogrod. His answers didn't manage to convince me in any way, but I was surprised by what Boromir said: "I'm not a wolf, so I and Nogrod can't be, so you're wrong." - weirdest kind of defense I have ever read. Talk about paranoia. The older the day grew, the more I was certain of the two's guilt.
The way the votes went it was clear that Valesse would be lynched. This was a bad situation for me because I raised my suspicion on her before, but now my chief suspects were going to lynch her! She had to be innocent and had to be saved. So I voted for Gil to give her a chance if she voted before Nogrod. Gil, I don't think you're useless, of course I don't. You just happened to be the only one who I could possibly have voted for with giving a reason. I hadn't said anything against, say Kath, before, so I couldn't have voted for her without baffling everyone. I'm sorry, pal. It didn't mean what I said.
If Valesse voted Gil and survived, I would have presented a case against Nogrod and Boromir today, and looking over my notes, it would have been not so short and not so bad. But now all this is impossible. The two brought two wolves under the earth. They're no wolves, not one of them.
I, too, wondered why Valesse didn't save herself, and reached the same conclusions as Nogrod"

Macalaure downed his second pint.

"It's amazing how I completely screwed up yesterday and still day and night went so well for us.

At the moment, I'm moderately suspicious of Naria and Gil, undecided about Kath and Sleepy and moderately unsuspicious of Volo. I will take a closer look at Lommy today. She's been all cute and cuddly so far, but some things she said of late made me raise an eyebrow."
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #259
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thinlómien couldn't help bursting into a girlish giggle. "Cute and cuddly, Oromë save me, hopefully not. Mac, you're amusing me greatly." She smiled at the wainrider. "May I offer you a pint? Or a glass of apple juice maybe?"

She changed her position, and continued in a more serious tone. "This is no counter-suspicion, Macalaure, but your urgent and avid defence of your actions yesterday stroke me as a bit odd. Yet, now that I think of it, innocents too can overreact on things a bit, but I think that your eagerness to jump to your own defense is somewhat remarkable. I don't see you as a clear suspect, but not someone I'd trust to be innocent either."

"Now, I used quite a lot of time in recalling all the past events. After it I can say that I'm not as suspicious of Kath as I was before. Her defense yesterday was quite convincing. I'm not ready to trust her either, though."

"Volo I have no reason to suspect this far and that is the only thing that worries me in him or his behaviour. I'm inclined to think he's innocent though."

"Naria has been fairly vocal for a member of the Nariatic family and I'm still puzzled is that a good or a bad sign (though it certainly is a good thing), but I'm leaning towards her being a good guy. she's on the gray zone too."

"Gil is fairly suspicious and the threat he poses shouldn't be underestimated."

"Sleepy is a talking question mark for me."

Thinlómien sucked her hair. "I've no idea yet who to vote. Back to thinking, it is, I say."

Before falling to a trance, she suddenly rembered a comment she wished to reply. "Oh, Kath, that twisting of words... I just mean that I didn't say I was surprised I in no means - in my own opinion - conveyed the message I was surprised. I was actually interested and intrigued. I think there has been a misunderstanding and do not wish that to haunt this village life any further."
Old 09-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #260
Volo

Today Volo woke tired but happy. Still shocked by the murder he commited, he picked some flowers and brought them to Diamond's grave. There he sat for a while. Without even having a bottle of anything with him. The nightmare was turning back to dream... or was it just a calm before the storm? Anyway, when he returned to his inn, he was extremely suprised to see it full. Everybody seemed happier then yesterday. Volo poured beer for everyone, exept Lommy, she got here juice.

"So friends, what are the plans for today? The seer is alive, shouldn't he/she tell us something now? Any other innocent won't have any use in lying about being a seer. And I think if the wolf starts lying, we'll find out. I do hope, that the seer knows the truth by now."

Volo stood up on a table and shouted "Let this be a congratulation to our ranger!", drank his mug slowly looking each person into the eyes.

"I hope yesterday cleared my name. I am also completely sure that Nogrod and Boromir aren't wolves. It's a fact! Now I would ask our seer to tell us about his/her knowledge. I suggest that the seer tells us about being a seer even if he/she doesn't know the last wolf, the ranger could try to keep him/her alive one more turn. And I do think we'll manage to recognize if the "seer" is a wolf."
Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #261
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

'I have no idea who to vote for today either,' remarked Boromir. 'Though I like Nogrod's case against Gil-galad, and right now he's the biggest lynchee. (will explain more in a bit).'

'Now as to last night's matters, not only did we catch a wolf, but the Ranger made a successful protection. Ahem,' Boromir cleared his throat, 'Did I not say our fortunes would change by having the two gifteds being a live this long? Onto the matter of the protection. I'm going to leave it completely up to the Ranger to decide if he/she wants to come out and tell us who he/she protected last night.'

'Gil, you are defending yourself vehemently today. That strikes me as rather unusual. If you remember I hadn't called you useless. In fact I think two days ago I said something like we should look more closely at what Gil says and not just discard it as rubbish, but this defense of yourself just seems strange...abnormal in a way. The only possibilities I've seen is that you've decided to step away from the Gil-galad family line (as I've never known your family members to defend themselves so staunchly), or you actually have something to hide. You actually have a strong reason to start pleading being the only wolf left, perhaps?'

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-13-2006 at 06:18 AM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 AM   #262
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath stood silently, inwardly despairing at her ability to pick out wolves, or rather her lack of it.

"Maybe I should just stay quiet from now on and let Noggie, Boro and Volo find the last wolf!"

She laughed and shook her head.

"But no, I will take part even if I'm not much help. I have a few jobs to take care of first though, so I'm just checking in and I'll be back later."
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #263
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir addressed Volo, 'If the Seer does decide to reveal him/herself, I think we can take that person as being the truthful Seer. There would be no reason for the last wolf to come and say he/she was the Seer, because that would not get the last wolf a victory.'
Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 AM   #264
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Boromir said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
There would be no reason for the last wolf to come and say he/she was the Seer, because that would not get the last wolf a victory.'
Yet history knows such wolves." Thinlómien took a sip from her cup. "Seriously though, I agree, it's quite useless."

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-13-2006 at 07:00 AM. Reason: bolding Boromir's name
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #265
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"If the Seer knows the last wolf s/he shall speak. If not, then s/he can only give us the names of a few innocents and this makes him/her more valuable when hidden. Right now, it's 8 innocents against 1 wolf, so it's not urgent at all. The wolf would indeed be foolish to impersonate the seer.
The ranger can only provide us with the name of two innocents and will face certain death if s/he reveals. We fared well with our gifteds so far, I see no reason to change the course."
Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #266
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
*sigh* if you will not beleive me then i shall go my own way... and right now Macalaure with his last post has got me wondering, if he asked for the seer to come out and speak, then the seer might actually come out and say whose innocent, then the wolf will knock the seer out, since that was macalaure's idea and everyone will think hes just...

++Macalaure

i don't think its a good idea for our ranger to show themself.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #267
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"But Gil, I only said the seer shall tell us if he or she knows the last wolf. I see absolutely no reason why he or she shouldn't in that case. If he or she doesn't then he or she shouldn't! Same holds for the ranger. Gil, you worry me - deeply."
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 AM   #268
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"On the contrary." Sleepy Ranger spoke up. "Macalaure advised the seer and ranger to stay put. He only asked the seer to come out if they have seen the last wolf. If they have they will come out I'm certain of that." He pauses. "Well Gil-Galad, this does not look too good for you. I will refrain from voting right now. We'll see how it goes."

The ranger takes a look around the room. "Well, there's just one wolf left. One very desperate wolf. The wolf would probably be hoping to eliminate the seer at night so as to a prevent a list of confirmed innocents coming out. I'd like to ask the seer to leave clues in any manner they deem safe. Just something for us to build on in case the wolf does get lucky."
Old 09-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"There is one person in the village I haven't yet formed a clear picture about: Sleepy Ranger. At one phase he was looking quite suspicious to me, but now he's a total mystery. Now I think it's time to look at this 'talking questionmark' as I referred to him:

On Day One he:
(144) Talked nonsense about survival.
(162) Voted Macalaure. Reasoning:
Quote:
Well probably because of the way he has been.
And other vague comments that way.

On Day Two he:
(195) Told his vote the day before was mostly random and says one should not expect good theories on the first day and accuses Mac from overreacting, because
Quote:
. . . from what you said it sounded like you have no reason to suspect me other than the fact that I voted for you.
(203) As he says it himself, stuck to his secretive style and voted Macalaure again. Says that it was because he wants to know more of Mac and explains:
Quote:
"If it makes no sense to you, which it probably won't, then you'll probably understand soon."
On Day Three he:
(224) Said this about Mac:
Quote:
"Well Macalaure, I shall come clean. I have suspected you mainly because of your tone in the start after that I took a bit of a stronger stance in the matter. Once earlier too, something similar had occured. The other party picked up on a small matter as this and came rather strongly. Those were ill times though. Maybe it isn't the same in this case so I'll let it rest for now."
Also replied to Nogrod saying that people of his family are not lazy, but tend to have a slow start. Expressed slight suspicion of Nogrod.
(226) Said:
Quote:
"I'd just like to say that I'm not too trustful of the the people who have placed themselves as a reason that the wolves killed who they did. Namely, Gil-Galad and Nogrod."
Said also:
Quote:
"As for Nogrod. He has questioned the wolves motives and brought up the names of Boromir88, Macalaure and Nogrod." A bit of pause and a puff more. "Now in my opinion any of those four could be a wolf. I reckon a closer look into these four is required."
I quite missed something, who is the fourth? Boro, Mac, Noggie and who? Expressed strong suspicion of Nogrod and Gil.
(239) Voted Gil, because he had been edgy and one of his suspects. Believed Boro's innocent, was unsure of Mac and left Noggie be for a while though found him suspicious.

Today he has:
(268) Clarified Mac's words. Said:
Quote:
"Well Gil-Galad, this does not look too good for you. I will refrain from voting right now. We'll see how it goes."
Asked the seer to leave clues.

That's all."

Thinlómien took another sip. "I didn't get any wiser summarising all this: I do not know what to think of him; I'm almost as clueless as I was before. He's difficult to grasp of, quite silent and a bit mysterious. Though his plea to the seer seems a bit ... weird."
Old 09-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"It's a bye-bye from me", Thinlómien sighed.

" ++Gil-Galad

he's the only one more suspicious to me than 'unsure of'."
Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #271
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"The seer has had four dreamed of's of which some may have already died and leaving hints is a risky bussiness as the wolf also listens. We should leave that hint stuff to the seer to decide. S/he only knows how much info there is and how safe s/he feels."

Nogrod stood up from the chair he had fallen in the morning. "Excuse for some time. I hear a choir singing in my head and the sound must come from somewhere. I'll take a look to see if there is one around. I'll be back later..."
Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #272
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

'As far as today goes, here's who I feel good and safe about:

Macalaure
Nogrod
Volo

'I've wondered what's been the suspicion brewing around Mac has been about. I catch no evil wolf intent. He did strongly stir suspicions against Menel, he started the voting of Menel, he's been just as helpful as anyone. I really don't understand Sleepy's reasoning, or anyone else's as far as why Mac is a wolf. To me there are several more noticeable wolf probabilities.'

'If Nogrod's a wolf, he would be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf to have ever been cursed. That's the end of that.'

'Volo, started voting with Valesse yesterday (and I believe he was really the first one that started suspecting her), I said he seemed innocent to me, now he's got a wolf lynch under his belt. Much like Mac, I catch no evil intent.'

'I feel better about Kath than I did a few days ago. I ask Kath that you don't go away and that you contribute in whatever ways you can. Your input is needed, I assure you.'

'I'm not unsure about Thinlomien, and still unsure about Naria. Lommy remarked that Naria had been talking quite a bit, more than usual, and now she's gone back to disappearing basically...hmmm. And Lommy seems like she talks a lot of game, but's got nothing to back it up. What I mean is I kind have taken her for granted, and she's slipped behind the scenes, under the radar. At first I thought I could take her as innocent because of Menel going after her, but now that we're getting down here, I notice that no one's really talking about her, which is dangerous. With such a high innocent to wolf ratio, perhaps I'm looking too deeply, but I'm unsure about Thinlomien now. There are people higher on my suspicions right now, but let's not forget our elf amongst us.'

'Which leaves me most suspicious of Sleepy and Gil. I think a strong case has been brought up against Gil, but I would not urge everyone to bandwagon on him here, let's just wait and see what develops. Sleepy is one that's beginning to worry me as well. His 'seer leave us hints' is awkward, perhaps he's trying to be a helpful innocent, or perhaps he's just trying to appear that way?'

'And speaking in Lommy's favor she has done a good job looking at Sleepy. He seems to sway a bit in his thinking. At first his suspicions of Mac were just jokes, as it was day 1 and nothing real logical or analytic can come from Day 1. Then he says his suspicions on Mac were not him joking, and he's suspected him because of his tone. Hmm...much more to ponder.'
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #273
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath arrived back, bearing another piece of paper. At the assembled groans she was quick to reassure everyone that this was not another summary. No, this was an analysis, or more precisely three.

“These are the people that either I am suspicious of or that have come up in conversation a lot recently. I have only done three because it was exhausting enough getting this done, never mind anyone else.”

Lommy:
Day 1:
Mostly talk but mentions some suspicion of Menel.
Speaks sense, trying to get everyone to discuss things without prior prejudice affecting ideas, but that use of the word ‘victim’ still niggles.
Voted Naria because she had been just chatting, not saying anything helpful, which is fair reasoning.
Day 2:
Suspects Valesse (correctly) and says she will watch Naria. Trusts Boro, Nog and Mac, with pretty good reasoning behind each decision.
Suspects Kath for her summary and Boro for his reaction to it. I see some confusion here though, as she attacks me for ‘throwing suspicion to all directions I can’, but then accuses Boro of twisting my words and finding too many suspects, and finally says she can only see three suspects from my words. It seems odd to me. Also, again there’s that contention issue of whether Lommy was trusted by the rest of the village at the time, she thinks yes, I think no.
Suspected Kath, Valesse and Di, perhaps on the basis of Boro’s suspicions. However she does have reasoning of her own. Also begins to suspect Sleepy for his secretive style and lack of reasoning.
Votes Di because she’s the only suspect she can get lynched, but then takes a drink ‘in memory of Di in case she’s innocent’. Apologising for killing someone before their role has been discovered has often been seen as suspicious, and though this isn’t technically an apology it’s as close to one as you can get without actually saying sorry.
Day 3:
Agrees with Naria about Gil looking suspicious, and also agrees with Noggie that those who were killed by the wolves should be looked at in more detail, which is fair of course. Then says she will re-look at Boro, Noggie and Mac to see how important they were in Menel’s lynching. But this follows the sentence saying she will leave them be because of Menel’s lynching. Still, I suppose this could be typical Lommy flip-flopping. Also promises an analysis of Kath.
Analyses the lynch of Menel, clearing Boro and Nogrod, and almost clearing Mac. This is all great, it’s just that she seems to be working off and trying to argue against the summary I came up with on Day 2, which by this time was out of date already. Says she will vote for Kath, Valesse or Sleepy, presumably based on the points from Day 2.
Adds that Valesse did suspect Menel a bit.
Votes Kath due to edginess in her words (still looking for an explanation on that Lommy) and due to her previous comments.
Day 4:
Thinks Noggie and Boro innocent or one of them has killed two of their fellows. Suspects Gil for his words, but oddly. She says it is of no real consequence if one more innocent dies. Well, no it isn’t I suppose, but we’ll still be better off with as many innocents as possible. Also that he is silent and doesn’t contribute much. Actually, this is the most and best I’ve seen Gil contribute in a long time. If anything the fact that he’s in the conversation more should be the suspicious factor.
Tries to deflect Mac’s suspicions and then turns on him, saying he was overly defensive. Then says she is not as suspicious of Kath as she was because her defence was convincing. Two rather conflicting statements there. Thinks Volo and Naria innocent (ish) with reasoning and Gil and Sleepy suspicious, but without reasoning. Answers Kath about the word-twisting thing, seems there was some kind of misunderstanding there so I’ll let it go.
Analyses Sleepy and finds him mysterious and silent, and thinks his plea to the Seer odd.
Votes Gil because he’s the only one she’s more than unsure of.

Sleepy:
Day 1:
Some talk, also tells everyone he will try to ensure the welfare of the village by staying alive, an interesting statement. And there was a sentence of his that caught my eye: ‘I regret that somebody will have to see the end today but such are things.’ Just seemed odd given the fact that we’re supposed to be lynching wolves, creatures we certainly aren’t sad to see go.
Votes Mac, ‘probably because of the way he has been’. Terrible reasoning if there is nothing behind it, and if there is we need to know what that reasoning was, not cryptic words.
Day 2:
Says he will not give a reason for his vote, claiming no one could have one on Day 1, certainly not true. Continues to suspect Mac, thinking he overreacted to suspicion and voted Sleepy because Sleepy voted him. I don’t like the tone but this doesn’t really strike me as suspicious.
Votes Mac because he wants to know more about him. It isn’t great reasoning for a vote, mostly because he doesn’t give any reason to want to know more about him.
Day 3:
Suspected Mac because of his tone, unclear as to whether he has stopped suspecting him now. Argues with Nogrod that he isn’t ‘lazy and uninterested’. Then says he has three suspects, but doesn’t care to share them with the rest of us.
Mentions suspicion of Gil for mentioning the paradox and Nogrod for … can’t find a reason other than because he claimed the wolves killed due to his ideas. Then says he also suspects Boro and Mac, then backtracks and says not Boro, and maybe not Mac really either. Now, I might be used to this from Lommy, but flip-flopping like this is pretty odd.
Votes Gil because he is the most suspicious of the four suspects and he would rather keep Noggie alive for now.
Day 4:
Notes Gil’s comment and finds it understandably odd. Also asks the Seer to leave hints.

Gil:
Day 1:
First post is talk, but got everyone talking, even if it was about pancakes.
More talk.
Votes Valier for no reason.
Day 2:
I think Gil is saying that a) werewolves will vote for each other to save their own lives, b) werewolves would not all vote for one person if they can kill them during the Night, though I’m not sure what that was in answer to. Any chance of some clarification on that Gil? Whatever the case, this doesn’t necessarily hold true, as all wolves act differently, but it is the most sense Gil had spoken in two Day’s.
Votes Valier because he thinks Menel voted for her to keep us off her track. He was incorrect, but perhaps this latest gunning for Gil is something of a set up. I don’t know, maybe I’m just looking for conspiracies. He could be a wolf and killed Valier to clear his own trail.
Day 3:
Gil mentions the two options I was musing over before, either he’s a wolf or he’s being set up as one.
Gil is surprisingly undefensive, which makes me inclined to think him innocent. I’m not entirely sure what he’s saying though. Looks like, he was suspicious of Valier especially after Menel voted for her so that she wouldn’t be voted off next Night (this was when he thought she was a wolf), and he thinks the wolves are trying to set him up. This is followed by a rather impulsive vote designed to prove absolutely that he is not working with Nogrod. Perhaps not the best way to use the votes, but it is one way.
Day 4:
Gets defensive, saying just because he writes short posts doesn’t mean he’s useless, and that long posts don’t necessarily equal trust, a point of view I’ve held for a long time. Says a vote for him is not a real loss but does mean the real wolf gets away for longer as they can use him as a scapegoat. Now for all that this sounds like a little rant, I think it does have some truth to it, especially in that were I to have to defend myself I would be saying something along much the same lines.
Votes Mac for his comment about the Seer revealing. It seems that Gil misunderstood here, as this was not what Mac said at all.

“My findings therefore are that Gil is innocent, and that Lommy and Sleepy both look pretty guilty but Lommy more so. However, given my track record that probably means that we should lynch Gil and assume Lommy is innocent! I won’t vote now, I want to watch for a while longer, I just wish I could be sure of what I’m thinking.”

Sighing she sat down and stared morosely into her mug as though it would give her the answers she sought.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #274
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Naria walked through the door of Wilwa's pub and found no one there. "hmmm where has everyone gone." She pondered for a moment and remembered Volo's inn. "Maybe they have all gone there for some refreshments." Upon opening the door she heard alot of talk about who is guilty and who is innocent. Naria pulled up a stool at the bar and ordered a cool tea from Volo. She took a couple of sips and thought it best to let everyone know her take on the situation.

"I know that some of you are finding it strange that I am a wee bit more talkative in this village, but I assure you all that it is because I want nothing but the best for us and I want everyone to know where I am coming from. The only way to do that is to be more vocal and let you know what is going on in my head." With that she openend a notebook and began reading her findings. She cleared her throat and began, "Ermm, I findLommy, Kath, Mac, and Boro to be innocent. I never really suspected any of these...lest one, Mac has made much sense since my vote for him and I will let him be for now.

"Now for the ones that I find to be either suspicious or just don't have a clear picture of. I will start with Gil...I find him to be mildly suspicious. Mildly because of some of the things he has said, but he seems to be trying to contribute more in this village...so because of that I will let him go for now. I know that him being more vocal could be taken either way, but I'm just not getting a strong 'Kill Gil' feeling from him.

Volo does have a pretty good grasp of how a village of this sort is to be handled, that alone makes me suspicious...but he has made pretty good sense. He is one of the people that I do not have a clear picture of.

Sleepy has said quite a bit...some has made sense other stuff hasn't...I put him on my suspicious list because he has said a couple of times that we will see what he means about something, but we have yet to 'see what he means'. He has been rather flip-floppy which is kinda unlike him and is dodgy with queries that come his way. Kath did a good job with a Sleepy analysis for referral.

And last but certainly not least there isNogrod. You my friend have been acting the most suspicous this whole time. I noticed the change in behaviour during Day two and I mentioned it in my 'thoughts of everyone' post, but you failed to address my findings of you. Very uncharacteristic of an innocent Noggy. You continue to be biased towards most everyone and continue to go with the person that is being talked about the most that day...today it is Gil. What I also found strange was you mentioned how much of an asset Valier is in a village and then low and behold look who turns up dead the next morning. Another thing I find odd is how can you be soooo sure of Boro's innocence? Unless you are the seer and have dreamt of him, which I doubt that you are. I have also put Boro on my innocent list, but that isn't concrete...that could change by tomorrow. You have kept him right by your side for a couple days now. I have thumbed through some history books and you are not the kind of person to stay so cool and collected, especially with only one wolf left to find."

Naria closed her notebook and took another sip of her tea. In the back of her mind she hoped that she was not wrong in her suspicions. She would sit and talk for a little while longer before she made her vote, but she was pretty sure who was going to receive it.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #275
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"I have to leave now. Urgent matters to attend to. I'm completely unsure who to vote for and do not wish to make a mistake here since I have no real idea who to go with today. I'll vote

++Kath

Solely because I don't believe there will be much chance of her being lynched." And with that the Ranger hurried off.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #276
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure sniffed at the apple juice Thinlómien gave him suspiciously. He sipped and found it alright.

"I have to say that Kath's analysis of Thinlómien was better than anything I could have produced. Cheers!
The only things that made me suspicious about her were her Day1-analysis on Day3 (typical wolvish looking helpful without being helpful?) and her quick jump on Gil-Galad today. I'm not sure what to think about her Sleepy-analysis. I found no obvious fault in it, but then she concluded to not be wiser about him. Wouldn't a wolf try to raise the shared suspicion about him? I don't share Kath's conclusion of Lommy. She doesn't shout wolf, at least not at me. I'm leaning more to the innocent side with her, though with a somewhat bad feeling.

Naria, if you think Nogrod is too cool to be innocent, then why isn't he also too cool to be a wolf? Why would he urge the lynching of two wolves and get himself in this not-so-good situation? Impossible this is not, but come, there are more likely suspects out there. By the way, considering the behaviour and subsequent success of his father, I wouldn't be surprised if Nogrod is purposefully acting calmer."

Macalaure sat back uneasily sipping his juice.

"I'm still very unsure about whom I will vote for today."
Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #277
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod came back in, humming a song he had been singing with the choir outside. He was clearly in good mood and even his head felt like it had cleared a bit. As he went to the desk to have a pint he heard Naria's questions concerning him.

"With pleasure sister. Lemme see. What was it you said? Oh yes.
Quote:
You my friend have been acting the most suspicous this whole time. I noticed the change in behaviour during Day two and I mentioned it in my 'thoughts of everyone' post, but you failed to address my findings of you. Very uncharacteristic of an innocent Noggy.
And here you probably refer to this:
Quote:
"Nogrod, I realize that you are trying to stay 'in character', but I am not sure what you are doing. My lorebooks tell me that you are a person that takes the bull by the horns per se, but you are not...you are interested in keeping the talkers around but other than that there isn't much in the way of leadership from you. Infact, you are quite the opposite.
Okay. I can't quite see this biting in any direction. Sorry sis. My interpretation of what I have done is a bit different. At least I think I have tried to take the bull by the horns as well as I have been able. And I think you should give me a bit more credit than wishing the talkers to live. But that surely is your choice what you count and what you do not. And I failed to address these thoughts earlier. Sorry for that, but many times a wise innocent doesn't jump on defending oneself after all points thrown over them. All lorebook owners know that "over-defenciveness" is not looked trustingly - and I didn't just see the point in answering them at the time. But surely, if urged to answer, I'll happily do that.

Quote:
You continue to be biased towards most everyone and continue to go with the person that is being talked about the most that day...today it is Gil.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this one. I mean being biased? And yes, I have gone with all those I have seen suspicious enough to be considered good cases to make an effort with the limited time I have during Days this time. And did you look at who started the discussion over Gil toDay?

Quote:
What I also found strange was you mentioned how much of an asset Valier is in a village and then low and behold look who turns up dead the next morning.
I can't control the way wolves make their choises during the night my dear... but I surely can understand that kill from their behalf: a member of a Valier family who is gearing up is a threat to them. If they can in the same instance throw some suspicion over other villagers it would suit them all the better.

Quote:
Another thing I find odd is how can you be soooo sure of Boro's innocence? Unless you are the seer and have dreamt of him, which I doubt that you are.
Your interpretation of me still baffles I and I. I think I have mentioned it a few times that I tend to trust Boro. Yes I do. But I have never said I'm sure, or soooo sure about it. I have said that too. No, I'm not the seer but it has to do with the things he has said, done and accomplished. And here I can agree with Boro's words on myself:
Quote:
If Nogrod's a wolf, he would be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf to have ever been cursed.
The same I would say of Boro. And even though I think of him as a highly skilled player on board, you should look at what Maca says. That kind of double back-stabbing would not be wise as now the wolf faces eight villagers alone and the seer still is on our side with the ranger.

Quote:
I have thumbed through some history books and you are not the kind of person to stay so cool and collected, especially with only one wolf left to find."
Here also I notice Maca-man to have said already what I was about to say. Your lorebooks should also tell of many of my forefathers talking - and somewhat managing - of tuning down. And my father in the last game surely is a case in point. From him I learned a lot about the importance of trying to stay calm and tuned down a bit. I know I can't stick to that everytime I open my mouth, but I do try.

Is that okay for you my sister?"

With that Nogrod draughted the last of the pint, ordered another one and went back to the chair he had been sitting almost the whole day in his wild trips. But now he was awake. I'll have to look at these recent discussions more closely, seems like interesting things has been said here, he thought to himself and settled down.

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-13-2006 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Edit: deleted two-lines of in-character talk that were forgotten to the end of the message...
Old 09-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #278
Volo

"Friends! You have done well today, or most of you...

Nogrod and Boromir are on the safe side. Then I think Kath is innocent also, forgive me for being too quick to judge.

Lommy is growing higher on my suspect list, each day she has voted a different person and no wolves have been proved so far, Diamond was innocent." Volo said the last part sadly biting his teeth together. "I feel that she is really cunning."

It is possible that Naria is wolf, but now she isn't the main suspect. She did have really many suspects on the way and missed a vote on the second day... Missing a vote can't be that serious, but still... Only today she stated of any trust. Also suspecting Nogrod so badly doesn't seem too good, either Nogrod is a real genious mastermind with some really wierd strategy or then he is innocent.

Gil doesn't seem that bad to me, but then again, I don't know his family history as well as everybody else here... His newest vote did seem strange. Mac is rather on the safe side from my part... Also his comment about the ranger hiding seems odd, as if he's buying time.

Now today, I must say, my main suspect is Sleepy Ranger! He's been talking rather much, but I don't see much sence in many of his posts... He doesn't "trust" anybody either, which is strange to me. He has suspected the big three and Gil most, as I see it. Now the oddest thing is his vote today, I bet, if he's an innocent, he should have better suspects...

EDIT: Cross-posted with Nogrod

Last edited by Volo; 09-13-2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: cross-post with Nogrod
Old 09-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #279
Volo

"Well, the most suspicious of you is

++Sleepy Ranger,

so this is it. It's all or nothing. Sleep well, my sleepy "friend"!"

Volo retreated to his room.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #280
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

'Between Sleepy and Gil, I think Gil is more likely a wolf. It's rather hard to tell because he is, I think, acting rather bold for a wolf. He's mysterious, quiet, contradicts himself a lot, just doesn't seem to be how the lone wolf would be acting in this situation. But see this is where I get into trouble, I often think that someone is too bold to be a wolf, therefor that person can't be a wolf.'

'Then there's Gil, who lashed out just a little bit today. I din't think he's been useless, and as Kath points out he's had things to say. Though I think Gil looks like he's in a desperate spot, as I've never known one from his family to act the way he's done today.'