The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #41
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

It was a Christmas gift.
I did see another at Kaybee Toys, though, if you have one near you. I suppose they'd be at any big toystore (that's good enough to carry LOTR stuff) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:04 PM   #42
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Oooh...I've always wanted a full-size "Sting" It's just explaining to my mother why I bought a sword....

For those of us who are obsessed, no explanation is needed. For those who are not, no explanation is sufficient. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Go ahead and buy it, Samwise...you know your collection needs it. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 04:23 PM   #43
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, then there's this teeny tiny problem of FINDING one.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #44
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Samwise: I sent you a PM with the website where I got mine. Didn't want to get in trouble with B-W by putting the link here. It would definitely be a great addition to your collection! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #45
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oi....if only they paid Preschool teachers more.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2003, 08:59 PM   #46
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Tell all your family and friends to give you cash in lieu of gifts for your birthday, and then buy it as a birthday gift for yourself. (The swords were my birthday gift to myself.)
If that doesn't work, then there's always that letter to Santa... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 04:47 PM   #47
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmm, lemme see....My wall is taken up by pictures from CATS, so nothing can go there...AHHH!Ok!
-The Fellowship (book), which I smuggled from my sister's room (she keeps her books under lock & key I swear!)
-Various parts of the book I have re-written
-character sketches (about 3)
-stories I've printed off the net
Sorry, I don't have a big collection! I just recently became obsessed with LOTR, so I haven't had much time to build up one!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:21 PM   #48
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Don't feel bad Sillabub, I think you already have more in your collection than I do. (And I've been a fan since Last January, sad isn't it?) Oh well, my collection will get bigger when TTT comes out on VHS. (Not till the end of August no.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )
Old 05-15-2003, 06:42 PM   #49
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Perfectly all right not to have a BIG collection---you get what you get 'cause you like it--at least I do. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I've since added a signed photo of Li'l Mr. Wood to my collection, and am searching for one of Mr. Astin (OOC). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 10:06 PM   #50
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
My collection consists of:
*several sets of paperback copies of the Silm, the Hobbit, & LotR (from current versions with movie photos to the old psychedelic ones with emus/eggplants)
*BoLT part 1 & 2
*history of LotR parts 1-4
*Tolkein Illustrated Encyclopedia
*Atlas of Middle-Earth
*paperback of Bored of the Rings
*the Alan Lee illustrated centenary of LotR
*the Annotated Hobbit
*first American ed Silm
*collectors ed Hobbit
*first ed collectors ed LotR
*unabridged audio cd's of Silm, Hobbit & LotR
*theatrical release dvd FotR
*extended version dvd FotR
*approx 200-300 photos from the film that cycle as screensavers/wallpaper in both my home computer & my work computer
*miniature replica of Sting (letter opener size)
*full-size replica of Sting with scabbard
*full-size replica of Strider's ranger sword
*(the full-size replica of Narsil is still on back order)
Wooohooo!! Narsil came back in stock. It's now on display in my living room with the other two. These swords are sooo awesome!! I've also acquired the Éomer and Aragorn action figures (with Sword Attack Action & Real Arrow Launching Action, respectively).

Samwise: I haven't been able to locate that Sam with the skillet figure anywhere, but I'm still searching. I won't give up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] **There is still hope!**
Old 05-16-2003, 10:18 PM   #51
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Don't. He'll be worth it. I can't get over the DETAIL they put into those (well, I've only had ONE to closely study,)action figures! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] They are really great!
I saw a Sam figure like mine, in box, on ebay--don't know if that would be an option for you.

As for the full-size Sting for me, maybe someday....still working on the Sean Astin (OOC) photo. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I've been trying ebay, but all they seem to have is him IC. I know they sell photos on Mr. Astin's "Official" site, but $30.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Agh....delimmas.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 10:23 PM   #52
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oh, and this isn't really LOTR, but I did recently recieve a mint condition set of Topps GOONIES stickers...featuring none other than the actor who played my fave li'l hobbit--before he was "grown up"! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oi....
Old 05-16-2003, 10:24 PM   #53
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just added two small things to my GROWING collection. In a small store in Spokane Washington I was able to find the Bag End keychain. It is the one that when you open the door and look in you can see Gandalf, it is very cool. And I also ordered the light up One Ring one from the internet, when I get my own car (like that will ever happen) it is going on my keys!

I think this summer I may buy a sword. It would really like to have Eowyn's when it comes out (I don't really like any of the others except for maybe Sting)
Old 05-16-2003, 10:30 PM   #54
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
I've since added a signed photo of Li'l Mr. Wood to my collection, and am searching for one of Mr. Astin
Samwise: I meant to ask in my last post but hit the 'Add Reply' too quick. Which pic of Elijah did you get? How big? (I'm so envious!) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Did you find it on ebay?

I think the next addition to my collection might be the life-size standups for Frodo (and/or the 4 hobbits) and Aragorn. **I told you this collection had a life of its own**
Old 05-16-2003, 10:30 PM   #55
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I was able to find the Bag End keychain.
Oh...I remember seeing that offered on line back when FOTR came out. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Was still not sure of ordering on line then. Out of all the ones they offered, I would have liked to own that one.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:34 PM   #56
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise: I meant to ask in my last post but hit the 'Add Reply' too quick. Which pic of Elijah did you get? How big? (I'm so envious!) Did you find it on ebay?
Which one? Um....it's of him in a dark shirt and tie, big smile, (teeth and all)...the light's a little funny--kind of makes him look like he has a sunburn.... but it's cute. It's an 8x10, and yep, ebay.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 05-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #57
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I haven't bought any action figures, plainly just because I've only found one that I think really catches those hobbit faces. (Making Frodo seem to fierce, and Merry and Pippin don't seem anything like the movie) Sigh [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] , Though online I saw adorable German Frodo doll, unfortunatly I haven't seen it in America.

I'm also looking for a cute pic of all four hobbits, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin, haven't found much. Man! I must be picky! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #58
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

I think Sideshow Toy does a fairly good job of capturing the Hobbit faces....I thought, when I first got my Sam and Bill, that they could have sculpted a little more "weight" into his face, but otherwise it's very well done. Of course, Sideshow items would cause a bit more strain on the pocketbook than would something from (ie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Kaybee Toys... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #59
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Alright... here's mine:

~FotR (yellow), TTT (red) hardcover books, and I'll get RotK for Christmas. (It's an annual thing)
~Aragorn, Arwen, Asfaloth, Frodo, Legolas action figures
~Frodo/Sam, Merry/Pippin, Aragorn bookmarks
~One Ring (from my mom's Bilbo bookmark, she said it was too bulky so I "relieved" her of it) which I put on a chain (and the chain looks just like the movie one!)
~FotR Movie Guide
~"The Lord of the Rings: The Making of the Movie Trilogy" (get this book!)
~guide/program thing from both exhibits, including newspaper articles promoting said exhibits and ticket stubs
~"Poems from The Lord of the Rings" (illustrated by Alan Jackson!)
~"The Magical Worlds of Lord of the Rings"
~"Symphony #1- The Lord of the Rings"
~mounted poster, circa 1988 (gorgeous faces on the characters, and my, Gollum looks creepy!)
~Elven cloak (grey wool), with hood and golden leaf clasp
~photos of my kindred spirit Katherine dressed as an Elf for TTT exhibit (very convincingly too, may I add)
~my own Elvish shirt, black velvet with a lace-up front
~a drawing of the Moria door which I did for Art class
~my agenda, completely full of LotR jokes, pictures, and quotes
~the '80 and '81 Hildebrandt calendars
~2003 TTT calendar
~about four trading cards
~FotR video
~many, many newspaper articles (I have the cast composite photo which I cut out under glass now!)
~many, many comic strips (such as the "Heart of the City" or "Get Fuzzy" ones with LotR parodies or references)
~floppy disk full of Middle Earth artwork
~a file on my computer, filled with images of the movie characters and book illustrations
~a file of some of the better parodies/jokes/songs on this site
~membership at at least three LotR websites
~"Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia" (I knew my boyfriend was right for me when he bought me this...)
~soon to add: Sting replica, various t-shirts I have yet to get made, FotR Extended DVD (my birthday's coming up)

Things that are not mine, but which I've still managed to "collect":
~"The Silmarillion" (black & silver version) belongs to my best friend's little sister
~The Hobbit, FotR, TTT, RotK 1971 edition, signed by... my mom in '73!
~Faramir action figure, belongs to my brother
~FotR, TTT soundtracks, belong to my mom (but I bought them for her)
~"The Map of Tolkien's Middle Earth", belongs to my brother
~"Tolkien: A Look Behind the Rings" 1969 edition, belongs to my mom
~"A Guide to Middle Earth" 1971 edition, belongs to my mom
~one other book that I seem to have lost in my room, it's about Tolkien's fairy tales, has Leaf By Niggle in it... I'll find it eventually, and give it back to my mom

That may possibly be it. But I'm not sure. I'll add as I think of more.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Lindril Arvilya ]

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Lindril Arvilya ]
Old 05-17-2003, 10:48 AM   #60
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

I know what you mean. I'm quite picky too...I keep getting ebay notices about the "Sean Astin Signed Photo" I'm looking for, and when I go to look at the item they're showing it's either of him as Sam, or him as Rudy, and while he still looks like himself as Rudy, I want a pic of him as himself!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #61
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
~Elven cloak (grey wool), with hood and golden leaf clasp
Oooh....another thing I'd like to get is a cloak. I do have a hand-made Elven Brooch, but It's not big enough to hold a cloak together. I could just do the tie-up style like my Sam. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
~many, many comic strips (such as the "Heart of the City" or "Get Fuzzy" ones with LotR parodies or references)
"Get Fuzzy?" can't recall any Tolkien references in that one...though really, I don't get a hold of the paper all that often...can you give some examples?

I really enjoy the Fox Trot LOTR parodies...but I've only seen them on line.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 08:22 PM   #62
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
There were about three (in a row) in Get Fuzzy, concerning this little black cat called Frodo. Then Bucky started doing weird "my precious" stuff with a teddy bear and so on. It wasn't exactly an epic.

And congratulate me. I am no longer a Wight. This was my 251 post. Huzzah. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 08:35 PM   #63
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Ah, okay. Have you ever seen the Fox Trot ones? Those are funny. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #64
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Shield

My collection:

2 copies of LotR
1 copy of The Hobbit
1 copy of The Silm
1 copy of UT
A Tolkien Miscellany from QPB bookclub- has just about all of Tolkien's other works!
The Languages of ME by R. Noel
The visual companion for TTT
The Making of the Movies book
Tolkien Bestiary by D. Day
6 Action Figures
-Legolas
-Aragorn
-Gandalf
-Saruman
-Theoden
-Gondorian Ranger, I think
Various clippings and articles about cast memebers, Tolkien, the movies, books, and more
LotR Fellowship daily calendar
LotR Fellowship datebook
TTT poster featuring Aragorn with Arwen and Eowyn
Folder on my computer with almost 600 pictures, files, and sound clips
Taped video copy of the TTT tv special
FotR DVD
FotR Extended DVD
FotR Soundtrack
TTT Collector's ed. soundtrack
About 12 bookmarks
All of the bookmarks that you can get from libraries for free
2 packs of card things

There's probably more.

Quote:
Oooh...I've always wanted a full-size "Sting" It's just explaining to my mother why I bought a sword....
Are you talking about a real sword or the toy ones that you can get that light up and make noise? Because those are a lot cheaper. I saw them in Wal-Mart. And I didn't see them- there were two empty packages. Someone must've wanted to have a duel so badly that they didn't pay...

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Luinalatawen ]

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Luinalatawen ]
Old 05-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #65
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Light up and make noise? Never saw one of those. I guess what I meant was a "real" one (replica).
Old 05-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #66
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Eye

Yes! It lights up and makes a metal clanging noise when you hit it against something. I was lauging in the store when I saw it.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #67
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL! Hm. That would be nice to have just for the fun of it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 07:43 PM   #68
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

im gona revamp my list
I got
-action figgures
aragorn
legolas (reg and helms deep)
sam
frodo
merry (2 of him)
pip (2 of him)
gandalf (grey and white with shadowfax)
gimli
Eomer
theoden
rohan warrior
grima
saruman
easterling warrior
moria goblin
ugluck (new and the old toyvault)
grishnak
lurtz
orc overseer
boromir
faramir
cave troll
galadriel (toyvault)
Barrow wight (toyvault)
sauron
nazgul
witchking
witchking (twilight world)
nazgul on horsey
Witchking (Toyvault 12inch)
urukhai beserker
arwen asn asfolath(i know i spelt horsey name wrong)
elven archer
Smeagol/Gollum (my price posession)
treebeard (i use him as a picture frame)
mini cavetroll from burgerking
Gondor ranger

books-
hobbit
Lotr (hardback set softback set)
book of lost tales 1&2
shapin of Me
lays of beleriand
unfinished tales
silm
Tolkien reader
-Tolkien bestiary-
-atlas of middleearth-

videos-
FotR (vhs)
RotK (old animated singing one)

games-
Lotr Risk
FotR (snes)
TTT (gamecube)
(i got like every version for every LotR map ever made for starcraft also)

Misc-
Aragorn goblet from burgerking
Grima bookmark
Whole BBC reading of LotR downloaded

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: steve ]
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #69
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

*After looking over steve's list.* [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

WHOA... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I think I have to go back and update mine, too, now that you mention it.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 08:07 PM   #70
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Okay, let's see....

Sam and Bill (my prize peice)

The special edition TV Guide with all 4 Hobbits on the cover

A magazine I can't remember the title of with the page open to an article about LOTR---again w/a picture of all 4 Hobbits

"The Arms of the Hobbits"--a plaque with replicas of the 4 Hobbit swords and of course, the weapon of all weapons, Sam's saucepan

Sam's dear companion, Frodo

A stack of newspaper inserts about LOTR/TTT, and one that includes a large article about Li'l Mr. Wood

...and lastly, a Spanish version of the book, "A Bad Case of Stripes". (Yeah, I know it's not LOTR, but there is a site where you can hear this book being read by Sean Astin)

Update:
  • Signed photo of Li'l' Mr. Wood
  • Two "Hobbit coins"-- one a "Shire Coin" and the other a "Haypenny"
  • 3 cards--*One that came from a game, with the pic of the Fellowship on it at the Council of Elrond when he says, "Nine companions to match the nine Ringwriaths-so be it."
    *One with the pic of all four Hobbits with their swords drawn
    *...and the third with the pic of Frodo holding Sting in Rivendell
  • A set of LOTR mini-viewers--each with scenes depicting a certain character---Aragorn, Bilbo, Gandalf, Frodo, and the Ringwraiths
Old 05-22-2003, 10:51 PM   #71
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Are you talking about a real sword or the toy ones that you can get that light up and make noise?
I was referring to the real full-size Sting, Narsil & ranger sword replicas that I own.

Quote:
"The Arms of the Hobbits"--a plaque with replicas of the 4 Hobbit swords and of course, the weapon of all weapons, Sam's saucepan.
Quote:
Two "Hobbit coins"-- one a "Shire Coin" and the other a "Haypenny"

Samwise: Where did you find these? I'm still searching for the Sam action figure, but I think my collection needs both of these. The weapons would look great on display with my swords. (we wantss it precious!! we wantss it!) I've never seen any coins...but I would like to add them to my collection. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #72
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, the "Arms of the Hobbits" came from Sideshow Toy. The coins I got on ebay. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #73
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Success!!! I found the 'Samwise with the skillet' action figure. Or I should say, a friend found Sam for me. One of my very few friends who doesn't think my Tolkien obsession strange found Sam at an outlet mall toy store and brought him back for me. He is so awesome!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] In addition, I also acquired the Twilight Nazgśl, the Helm's Deep Aragorn, Merry & Pippin (with swords & elven cloaks), & Frodo with light-up Sting & elven cloak. I will be headed to that outlet mall this weekend in search of some of the other figures.

~~~~~Eleventy-one posts! Go me!~~~~~

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 05-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #74
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Way to go!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Where are you going to keep it? Mine is on the table underneath which I keep my "Sam and Bill" and "Frodo". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
<--- Three guesses who my new pic is of, and the first two don't count. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 05-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #75
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

It's Sean Astin definitely.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 09:51 PM   #76
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

You would of course be right. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Another part of my collection consists of web pics of Mr. Astin as Sam, and I of course have a ton....many of them are him out of character, and a few, like this, are "little kid" (okay, he was 13, but he didn't look it) pics. I have a couple "little kid" pics of Li'l Mr. Wood, too, but not as many as of Mr. Astin. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #77
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

COLLECTION UPDATE:

FotR action figures:
Samwise (I actually bought 2 of Sam--one to play with & one to collect)
Strider
Gandalf
Gimli
Saruman
Witch King Ringwraith

TTT action figures:
Aragorn
Aragorn Helm's Deep
Eomer
Merry & Pippin
Frodo
Twilight Ringwraith

LotR Risk board game
LotR kite (with Frodo & Gandalf)

I think you started something, Samwise! I was never interested in action figures before...
Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #78
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
He he....yeah. I don't do it as much as I did when I first got him, but every now and again when I walk by that table I can't resist pushing the button under Sam's cloak and saying (yes, aloud) "I think I'm gettin' the hang of this!"

I will soon be adding yet another peice to my collection...an autographed pic of none other than Sean Astin!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Sadly, it's in black and white (he's got such pretty colored eyes....sigh..) but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Someday I may find one in color....not to mention a Sting I can afford... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 10:02 PM   #79
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
COLLECTION UPDATE:

FotR action figures:
Strider
Gandalf
Gimli
Saruman
Witch King Ringwraith
Frodo (with ring)*
Legolas *
*I had to buy 2 of each of these also. My grandchildren & I played with them yesterday. (They said they could still see me when I put Frodo's ring on, but I know they couldn't.)

Quote:
"When you're a Hobbit, you're always looking up."~Sean Astin, Goonies DVD
Love your new sig, Samwise!!
Old 06-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #80
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Quote:
My grandchildren & I played with them yesterday. (They said they could still see me when I put Frodo's ring on, but I know they couldn't.)
LOL....even though, Like the REAL Faramir (not that impostor in the movie) I wouldn't touch the Ring or even a replica if it were laying by the side of the highway, I can tell in other ways you're a woman after my own heart. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When you're a Hobbit, you're always looking up."~Sean Astin, Goonies DVD

Quote:
Love your new sig, Samwise!!
Thank you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I was watching the Goonies DVD with my friend (and hour or so after we went to see FOTR for the first time), and Sean Astin was sitting there with the rest of the grown up-cast, and one of them said, "There we are again, looking up." and Mr. Astin said....that quote. Needless to say, I BUSTED UP laughing.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
| From: Road to Rivendell: 203 miles from Hobbiton, applying Elvish insect repellent |
LOL----just now noticed this....I LIKE IT! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]