The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Downer Scenarios

I'm not quite sure what to name this thread, but here goes...(see above).

The idea behind this is that each person posts a dialogue between characters that occur between characters in one of Tolkien's works, but adjusted for the Downs and with Downers as characters.

For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Downs, The Fellowship of the Barrow, Book 1, Chapter 10- Loreman
Eonwe: (to Legate)I daresay we shall act much the same after posting for days on the downs.
Legate: It would take more than a few days, or weeks, or years, of posting on the Barrow-Downs and reading Tolkien lore to make you act like Legate.

PS. No purposeful attacking or insulting of other Downers is allowed

HAVE FUN!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

Looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Downs, The Two Barrows, Book III, Chapter 4 - Queerthread
Hookbill to Oddwen: "Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Downs, The Fellowship of the Barrow, Book II, Chapter 2 - Political Posting
"As a small token only of your friendship alatar asks this, that you should PM this davem and get from him, willing or no, a little post, the least of posts, to make on his thread. It is but a trifle that alatar fancies, and an earnest of your good will. Post yourselves, and three threads that you possessed of old shall be revived for you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Downs, The Fellowship of the Barrow, Book II, Chapter 8 - Farewell to Thinlómien
"And what gift would a Dwarf ask?" said Thinlómien turning to Groin.
"There is nothing, Lady Thinlómien," said Groin, bowing low and stammering. "Nothing, unless it might be – unless it is permitted to ask, nay, to name - a single post to Tears of Mirrormere, which surpasses the posts in the Mead Hall as the stars surpass the gems of the mine. I do not ask for such a gift. But you commanded me to name my desire."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Downs, The Fellowship of the Barrow, Book II, Chapter 5
"A Balrog Wings thread," muttered littlemanpoet. "Now I understand." He faltered and leaned heavily on his keyboard. "What an evil fortune! And I am already weary."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote