The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #721
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Indeed so. Your turn again, Estelyn.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #722
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Can't argue with this:
Quote:
a star's a star
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #723
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Noakes to Alf? (Final conversation with the King about who swallowed the star?)

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:02 PM   #724
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I was hoping someone would think that, but it's a false trail, HI. Try again!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #725
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It must be Philomythus to Misomythus :

a star's a star. some matter in a ball
compelled to courses mathematical
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #726
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, you have it, Guinevere! Next one's yours...
Old 09-28-2005, 02:57 AM   #727
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty. The next quote is obviously not directed at you...
Quote:
And you can talk your beard off.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #728
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Time to answer this one! It's Hobbits, if I interpret "the little folk of Hays-end and Breredon" correctly, speaking to Tom Bombadil in his Adventures.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #729
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Correct, Esty!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:36 AM   #730
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here is a new quote - wise is s/he who knows and admits this!
Quote:
I need help and advice
Old 10-31-2005, 03:44 AM   #731
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

It doesn't look like any one else is interested in solving that one, so I'll do it:

It's Niggle, inside his picture, realizing he wants Parish to join him.
"This place cannot be left just as my private park. I need help and advice: I ought to have got it sooner."
Old 10-31-2005, 03:47 AM   #732
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm glad you did! Eagerly looking forward to a new quote...
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #733
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

tonight you could say that to me:
Quote:
How tired you look!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #734
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Must have been Smith's son upon Smith's return from his last journey, as he gave up the Star

(It took us long, so hopefully you are rested now )

Old 11-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #735
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yes, that's Ned.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #736
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Well, next up:

Quote:
Knock off! Complete rest—in the dark

Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #737
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

That's the doctor in the afterlife, speaking to Niggle.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:52 AM   #738
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Thumbs up

Yes, indeed. The floor is yours, m'am

Old 11-23-2005, 07:17 AM   #739
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Ridiculous nonsense!
Not meaning anything we post here, of course...
Old 12-10-2005, 03:39 AM   #740
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Mrs. Artaxerxes, telling Mr. Artaxerxes off for turning Rover into a toy, or rather for not turning him back into a dog

Old 12-10-2005, 03:45 AM   #741
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yep! It's all yours!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #742
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

thanks

Next up:

Quote:
'I steal no gold, I drink no beer, I eat no kind of meat
Poor soul...

Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 AM   #743
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe That's Topical

I think that's the Lonely Troll to Perry the Winkle in The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. Was your choice of source by any chance inspired by Fordim's new poll?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #744
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Quote re: Right you are Sir!
Poll re: No, Sir, haven't seen one yet, going to right away

The floor is yours

Edit: Ah, I mistook you! I thought there was some new poll about with beer an meet and pipe-weed in, and seemingly you meant one about Bombadil. No, the quote was rather inspired by hunger for meat and thirst for beer I'm doomed to be starved and parched with until the office hours are over...

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 12-12-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #745
Spectre of Decay

Pipe Food for thought

Well, I can only hope that you've had a chance to eat and drink since you posted that. No-one should quiz on an empty stomach.

Quote:
You will hear from us later
And the sooner you find the quotation, the sooner you'll hear from me.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #746
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Not too late yet, I hope...

The quote comes from Farmer Giles of Ham and is spoken to Giles by the King. Did you expect his full name as the answer?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 AM   #747
Spectre of Decay

Pipe Pedantry, always pedantry

Naturally I'd like his full name. You are, of course, correct, though.

Last edited by The Squatter of Amon Rûdh; 01-04-2006 at 06:06 AM.
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #748
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, you want it, you get it!

Augustus Bonifacius Ambrosius Aurelianus Antoninus Pius et Magnificus, dux rex, et Basileus Mediterranearum Partium. And he spoke to Aegidius Ahenobarbus Julius Agricola de Hammo. There! All hand-typed!

New quote:
Quote:
Where have you been?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #749
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

What an appropriate quote - is anyone here to find it? (I'll have to search for the source myself - I put my books away over the holidays, and can't remember where it was. )
Old 01-02-2006, 08:10 AM   #750
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Ok, then I'll solve it.

It's Smith's little girl, greeting her father at his return from faerie:

"Daddy!" she cried. "Where have you been? Your star is shining bright."
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #751
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, that's it, Guinevere! Thanks for saving me the trouble of searching! Your turn.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #752
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Don't take the next quote personnally!

Quote:
I am busy. Go away!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #753
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Having waited politely for three days to give others a chance, I will now answer this one: It's Niggle speaking to the Inspector of Houses.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #754
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Correct, of course!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #755
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I hope this is not:
Quote:
A fool's question!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #756
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

That's Tídwald replying to Totta:

"Where first" you say? A fool's question!
To Maldon and the monks, and then miles onward
to Ely and the abbey.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #757
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Right you are, and you've earned the right to pose the next one!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #758
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks! Here is the next one, if it's too short, I can add a bit more.

"No risks for him."
Old 01-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #759
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

That's spoken by old Nokes to Alf Prentice of and in Smith of Wootton Major.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #760
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, very good Esty! It's nearly impossible to stump you, it seems.