The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #1641
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alrighty then! The sentences are sent.....ences. Please tell me if you are replying to game ONE or TWO in your PM or email.

Blind Guardian, I have added you.

I'll need a player in the middle of game ONE to draw a picture. We have a while before we get there, though.

^^ Got one, thanks to our Ever Lovable Gil-Galad.

Game ONE, main game

Aganzir (Draw)
satansaloser2005 (Write)
Beregond (Draw)
Galadriel55 (Write)
TheGreatElvenWarrior (Draw)
Pitchwife (Write)
Legate (Draw)
Hooketybill (Write)
Rune (Draw)
Thinlomien (Write)
Eonwe (Draw)
Blind Guardian (Write)
Gil-Galad(Draw)

Aganzir (Write)
satansaloser2005 (Draw)
Beregond (Write)
Galadriel55 (Draw)
TheGreatElvenWarrior (Write)
Pitchwife (Draw)
Legate (Write)
Hooketybill (Draw)
Rune (Write)
Thinlomien (Draw)
Eonwe (Write)
Blind Guardian (Draw)
Gil-Galad(Write)

Game TWO, quick game, simultaneous with the first game.

Pitchwife (Draw)
Galadriel55 (Write)
Eonwe (Draw)
Aganzir (Write)
satansaloser2005 (Draw)
Legate (Write)
Blind Guardian (Draw)
Beregond (Write)

Last edited by Oddwen; 11-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #1642
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That was a nice picture, Pitch. I like it. What program did you use to make it? I won't believe you if it's Paint. It's too nice and neat for Paint. Either you used something else, or you have Super Paint Powers.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #1643
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That was a nice picture, Pitch. I like it. What program did you use to make it? I won't believe you if it's Paint. It's too nice and neat for Paint. Either you used something else, or you have Super Paint Powers.
You can start disbelieving right away - it is Paint (plus a background texture I found somewhere on the web, and a little tweaking with IrfanView, but mostly just Paint). Using a tablet helps, but even with a mouse you can draw quite decently if you do it under zoom and then reduce the size, which makes everything look smoother and less pixelly. No superpowers involved.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #1644
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Don't know if I'm meant to have received the quick game one, but I haven't yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #1645
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I sent the sentence quite a while ago... I can send it again...
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #1646
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thaaaaat's weird. I'll send it, G55.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #1647
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry, I've had quite a busy week. But it's done now.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #1648
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

*bump*

So where are we now?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #1649
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

We're waiting for Sally to have access to a computer.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #1650
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Woah, wasn't expecting to be called so soon! You can sign me up for the quick game as well, I'm usually fairly quick on the tournaround, but if you already have enough I'll be content to just observe.

Game ONE drawing coming soon, I hope. I'll try not to take too long. It's a nice, simple sentence. That must be a benefit of drawing early in the game.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #1651
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Righty-o, Beregond, I have added you. (Write-y o, heh heh)

Umlauts are important when usernames are concerned!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #1652
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

The quick game is finally getting to the last few!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #1653
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Just two more people left!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #1654
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Drawing sent! Sorry guys, meant to do it faster.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:39 AM   #1655
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Does it mean we have finished the fast game? (I think it hasn't been updated since I got it, I've done mine already about a week ago.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:59 AM   #1656
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Does it mean we have finished the fast game? (I think it hasn't been updated since I got it, I've done mine already about a week ago.)
'Twould appear so.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #1657
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Blind Guardian won't be able to get to the internet until Saturday, so unless we can get an additional someone to draw and trade places with her, it will be finished this weekend.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #1658
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Game TWO is finished!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1659
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Game TWO is finished!
YES!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #1660
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thumbs up

Yay!
*peeps at the screen through his fingers in anticipation of mind-shattering madness*
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #1661
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I take no responsibility for any brain damage caused by the viewing of my picture.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #1662
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Rightyo then! Here we goooooo!

Quote:
The wizard, in truth, never minded explaining his cleverness more than once.
quoth the Odd one.

A nearby Pitchwife who was coating his wife in pitch heard and was inspired to draw this:

Galadriel55 saw his drawing in the pitch and told her friends Galadriel1, Galadriel2, Galadriel3, Galadriel4, Galadriel5, Galadriel6, Galadriel7, Galadriel8, Galadriel9, Galadriel10, Galadriel11, Galadriel12, Galadriel13, Galadriel14, Galadriel15, Galadriel16, Galadriel17, Galadriel18, Galadriel19, Galadriel20, Galadriel21, Galadriel22, Galadriel23, Galadriel24, Galadriel25, Galadriel26, Galadriel, Galadriel27, Galadriel28, Galadriel29, Galadriel30, Galadriel31, Galadriel32, Galadriel33, Galadriel34, Galadriel35, Galadriel36, Galadriel37, Galadriel38, Galadriel39, Galadriel40, Galadriel41, Galadriel42, Galadriel43, Galadriel44, Galadriel45,Galadriel46, Galadriel47, Galadriel48, Galadriel49, Galadriel50, Galadriel51, Galadriel52, Galadriel53, Galadriel54 and Spam that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55
Gandalf had to explain three times before Bilbo, going over the complex math, comprehended that Smaug will only be killed when thirteen dwarves and one hobbit stand united against him.
Eönwë was lying in a ditch, trying to look more like Strider, when he overheard the juicy gossip. As he couldn't spell some of the words, he drew a picture hoping that Gandalf would know what he meant.

Unfortunately, Eönwë sent his note down the ditch where it flowed to the sea. Fortunately, it was found by the Sea Witch. Unfortunately, Aganzir the Sea Witch had no particular love for the grey wizard and forwarded this message to him in hopes to confuse him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Why can't the slow hobbits understand that thirteen dwarves and a dragon make a fight?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #1663
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Gandalf received the note in relatively short order. Upon reading it, he was observed to roll his eyes and crumple the paper before throwing it away. Sally, the observer, smoothed the note out and attempted to interpret what she read there.

A visiting Legate managed to purchase a few seconds' glance at the result, and he sent back this description to his lord and master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
The 'Warhammer 2941 TA' game World Cup Final culminated with Garry Kasparov's masterful move of deploying Legolas, Pippin and Sam the Ghoul to aid the army of Dwarf Clone Troopers.
His message was delivered straight to the Guardian at the gates of the city. If the Guardian hadn't been Blind, the city might have been prepared for the ensuing war. Instead, somehow, this is the visual media that was forwarded on:

Word has it that upon seeing the picture, Beregond was seen to run through the city in nothing but a towel screaming:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
The board is set, the pieces are moving, and with his first shot Legolas depawns a stormtrooper to kick off the first annual Intergeek Chess Battle between Darth Lord Sauron and Master Frodo.

YAAAAAAAAY!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #1664
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lol
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #1665
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Wonderful! Seeing this finished was ample consolation for being D1-lynched in WW the other day.
Kudos to G55 for correctly interpreting my highly abstracted rendition of Thorin & Company (I suppose the colour-coding helped, though; see, Mr Jackson?). I'm impressed by Eönwë's blackboard demonstration - you'll do well in physics. Further applause goes to Legate for bringing up chess and BG for adding Star Wars to the mix.
Lovely game, can't wait for the big one!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #1666
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I take no responsibility for any brain damage caused by the viewing of my picture.
I love your picture. Should I consider that a clear sign that my brain is damaged?

Galadriel1, Galadriel2, Galadriel3, Galadriel4, Galadriel5, Galadriel6, Galadriel7, Galadriel8, Galadriel9, Galadriel10, Galadriel11, Galadriel12, Galadriel13, Galadriel14, Galadriel15, Galadriel16, Galadriel17, Galadriel18, Galadriel19, Galadriel20, Galadriel21, Galadriel22, Galadriel23, Galadriel24, Galadriel25, Galadriel26, Galadriel27, Galadriel28, Galadriel29, Galadriel30, Galadriel31, Galadriel32, Galadriel33, Galadriel34, Galadriel35, Galadriel36, Galadriel37, Galadriel38, Galadriel39, Galadriel40, Galadriel41, Galadriel42, Galadriel43, Galadriel44, Galadriel45, Galadriel46, Galadriel47, Galadriel48, Galadriel49, Galadriel50, Galadriel51, Galadriel52, Galadriel53, Galadriel54 and Spam...

...say that they laughed their heads off.

Edit: xed with Pitch. You show PJ the way to do it!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #1667
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

That was a fun little round! Some nice illustrations. Were Sally and Guardian comparing techniques?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #1668
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It was a brilliant round, all the work was just great. I really like all the maths stuff (brilliant thing, and it stayed there for quite some time!), and especially kudos to Pitch for making the effort with all the colors for the Dwarves (and Thorin's!).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #1669
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hehehe. This was nice. I didn't know Pitch draws so well though!

How's it going with the main game?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1670
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
How's it going with the main game?
I believe we're waiting for TGEW to draw...
Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #1671
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I believe we're waiting for TGEW to draw...
Ack, yes. It's drawn. Just having problems with my brand new scanner.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #1672
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Ack, yes. It's drawn. Just having problems with my brand new scanner.
Take a photo of your picture. That's what I did when I drew and had no working scanner around.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #1673
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Finally my picture is off. I'm really sorry for holding up the game for so long.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #1674
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

What is wrong with you, Pitch?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #1675
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

I knew you'd like it, Legate.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #1676
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I stayed up later than first intended, so that I could draw my picture and keep this game at a decent pace. The result was that I missed my morning classes on the Weimar Republic. . . I hope my sacrifice is appreciated.

Also, I hope Hookbill gets a severe beating with a banana.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #1677
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I stayed up later than first intended, so that I could draw my picture and keep this game at a decent pace. The result was that I missed my morning classes on the Weimar Republic. . . I hope my sacrifice is appreciated.
Consider yourself awarded a virtual medal for dedication to Paper Telephone above & beyond the call of duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Don't we know a little girl who will be glad to see to that next time she meets him?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #1678
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune

Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #1679
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #1680
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hit the Englishman with a banana!