Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2002, 06:06 AM   #361
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Lindir dismounted from his horse, his eyes blank. Aduchil ran over to him, but he barely saw or heard the elf. Ala also saw them and wlaked sharply over. They bombarded him with questions, but he just looked at them, his face devoid of emotion.
"Shes dead." He interrupted Ala bluntly midsentence. She stared at him for a moment as if to see whether he was serious.
"What?!" Ala was angry now. He told them everything and as he did so he removed a blanket from the back off his horse. Underneath lay Amanaduial Mircorm, dead. Then he slipped something off his finger. He held it for a moment, feeling its smoothness and its power.
"I also found this." He held the Ring of Water up to the light. The elves gasped.
"Where did you find that Lindir?" Fea said breathlessly.
She was dead. Lindir stood, unsteady on his feet, his eyes blurred with tears. He looked from one witch to the other, and realised Thrakats face had softened. Underneath he saw the elf Aman had talked about, the one who had been happy and good. Now in death she had surfaced one last time.
He saw something glitter on her finger, as a flash of the oncoming sunrise caught it. Slowly he picked it up; a ring. The Ring Of Water, which all this had been fought for. Thrakats hand was on it, as if she was about to take it off and give it to someone. Someone she trusted and felt her almost equal in power. Aman.

Lindir snapped back to reality from the memory as Ala repeated Feas question.
"I...I..." He wanted to say how the elf had betrayed them, how evil she was, but he remembered her face, softened in death and made up his mind. "I found it on the ground. An orc must have dropped it. So careless..." He stopped, half turning away as a tear slipped down his cheek. He couldnt tell them the witch had had it. She was simply careless when it came down to it, like anyone else. Carless with life.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:08 AM   #362
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Onward Elenna ran. It seemed as though her footbeats became a song, a voice calling out to her "Tindomerel!" in the tones of those who had been killed; her sister, Amanaduial, Celeb.

"Elenna! Elenna!" This was a voice she recognized. Glorfindel, riding Asfaloth, galloped out through the trees. "Wait!"

"I can't, my love. I am chasing Azruk. We have a bargain to keep."

"Dammit, El! You can't throw you life away like this!" He slid off his horse and seized her arm.

"I have to. I swore to protect Elrond and Rivendell with my life, and I made a bargain with Azruk. Now let me go..." she pulled away.

"Elenna, he'll kill you."

"Thank you for the vote of confidence."

"Get on Asfaloth. I'm coming with you."

Together, they rode off into the woods, chasing the Uruk.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:56 AM   #363
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Little Rosa whimpered in her place of confinement, bound, gagged and severely bruised. She was never this frightened in her life. She could see Azruk sitting and savagely eating a roasted animal... she couldn't clearly see of which kind... and wondered if the evil uruk couldn't find any more food would he eat her too. Her blood froze when she saw Azruk look in the direction where he had hidden her.The uruk glared at her and then grinned his toothy evil smile and tossed a well chewed bone at the burrow. The stench of which was henious and Rosa tried not to breathe for fear of throwing up.

Azruk got up and stretched him limbs and shouted aloud "Once I stood above the crowd, held myself up tall and proud and now I am down on the ground..... amidst the dirt and the slime.... what would you have me do?"

"Elenna... How you have grown, Elenna..... Go on home....for your death awaits you here... and of everything you hold dear..."

And he continued his psychotic chanting knowing well that Elenna could sense these thoughts for he knew she was on her way to where he was. His captive hobbit cringed in fear.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:52 PM   #364
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa was aching all over.May brusies covered her body and grazes where forming from the tightly knotted gags and ropes that bound her to the spot.
The smell of rotting flesh came from the bones Azruk had thrown her and the smell was making the contents of her stomach feel like coming to her throat with every breath in though her nose or mouth.
Her dark green eyes sparkled with unshed tears and her breath was hurryed and shakey.So much pain, suffering and saddness was in her mind as Azruk ate and chanted.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #365
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna shuddered as she suddenly felt Azruk's presence in her mind. She heard him chanting "Elenna...how you have grown,Elenna...go on home...for your death awaits you here...and of everything else you hold dear..."

As they entered the clearing, the voice got louder and louder, chanting this over and over. Elenna mentally screamed back "We have a score to settle, Azruk. And I WILL go home, after I have watched your lifeblood drip on the grass!"

She both heard him laugh and felt it in her mind. "Then come, Elenna! See what I have for you!"
Old 07-12-2002, 08:45 PM   #366
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

OCC: This will be my last post for 2 weeks... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

"Tiri, what are we supposed to do now?" Fea asked.
"Wait..." She replied. She again turned her back to them and walked out onto the bloodied feild. She kneeled down in the middle, and prayed for all the souls that were lost this day.

"Is she ok?" Fae asked.
"I don't know." Calen turned his head to look at her. He started to walk, but Aduchil stopped him.
"Let her be." He said sternly.
A while later she came back over to the small group.
"Elenna, has gone after Azruk-"
"WE KNOW THAT!!!" Fea cut Ala off.
"And Glorfindel is with her. He is chanting, but I can't make is out, all I know is that it is DARK." She sat down, and leaned against a tree, and closed her green eyes.
'This is going to be a long night.' She thought, before she tried to contact Elenna, or see what all she could see.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:27 PM   #367
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk roared aloud as he sensed Elenna's presence near... he laughed and then yelled, "She comes... the fool rides to her death."

Rosa trembled, "Oh no," she thought, "Elenna is going to fight this monster for me... please let her not be hurt."

Azruk brandished his cleaver sword and with a few savage strokes, chopped down a few trees nearby... "Arrghh!" he roared, "I sense she rides alone, all the more easier..bah."
Old 07-13-2002, 04:20 AM   #368
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil paced back and forward, in doubt what to do. Go after Elenna and Glorfindel? They were both his friends, and he couldn't just let them die. No, he decided. This was Elenna's fight, not his. If Glorfindel was going to assist her, he was not to interfere. But this assault on Rivendell had proven to him how weak Eriador was, how easily the enemies of Elves could come and threaten everything. He thought of his youth, the few years in Lindon. The plan he had thought of earlier came back into his mind. If he could make it reality, maybe Eriador would not be threatened again. He decided to make something useful and talked to many of the soldiers. Many of them agreed with him, and soon they rode off, bearing messages.

[ July 13, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 07-13-2002, 11:57 AM   #369
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir ran towards Aduchil.
"She has gone?! Elenna has gone?" He seemed desperate.
"Yes shes gone. Shes going to fight the Uruk alone. Its ridiculous it really- Lindir?"
But the other elf was already swinging himself into the saddle of his horse, strapping his sword onto his belt as he went.
"Lindir, what are you doing!" Aduchil was exasperated. "We need all the help we can get here, and both you and the horse need to be messangers to get help!"
"Im going after her Aduchil. Please dont try to stop me." Lindir seemed calm but his face was impatient. Amans mind link with Elenna had passed to him and he could feel her...and Azruk.
...Elenna...go on home...for your death awaits you here...and of everything else you hold dear..."
"We have a score to settle...i will watch your lifeblood drip on the grass..."

Lindir shuddered as the Azruk laughed.
And just as hes said, everyone she holds dear is being taken... Lindir shook away the grim thought and shook Aduchil off. The older elf tried to grab the reins but Lindir reared the horse and set off at a gallop.
"Lindir! Ill..." Aduchil stopped mid-yell and sighed heavily.

The prophecy....
Elenna sat on the grass at the edge of Rivendell, her eyes on the fortune teller. The grizzled old man inspected the little elf maids hand, his eyes seeming to pick up everything.
"I see much here young one...."
"Oh, Ive already given you my pocket money, I cant pay anymore! You promised!" Elenna was excited. She had seen the other elves go to this old man and the extremes of their reactions. But still all she saw in it was a bit of fun.
Another small elf wandered over. Her eyes were deep and more solomn, and although she smiled and laughed merrily, several burns ran over her face. Th fortune teller looked at her, his eyes puzzled as if he saw more than a young elf.
"I wonder who it will be who pays though my young friends..." He murmered looking back to Elennas palm.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:25 PM   #370
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna heard Rosa's high voice saying "I hope she won't be hurt!" The elf-maiden cursed.

"What is it, my love?" asked Glorfindel.

"He captured the hobbit maid, Rosa."

"That is evil news! That poor little maid!" Glorfindel cried. He had greatly enjoyed speaking with her and her kindred in Lorien.

Come, Elenna! I am waiting for you... Azruk said, across the distance. Elenna spurred Asfaloth on.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #371
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fëa looked at Lindir riding off, and then she looked to Aduchil. She got into Condelia.

"Aduchil, I'm coming with you."

"No Fëa, It's too dangerous. Stay here."

"NO! I will go everywhere with you. Whatever hard times may come."

Aduchil sighed. "Fine."

"Well, Let's Go!Noro Lim!" She urged Condelia on and they rode off.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:12 AM   #372
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Come Elenna, I am waiting for you..."
Lindir desperately made his horse go faster. It was a human horse and didnt respond to elvish commands so he had to kick it, something he resented. The Uruks horrible laughter filled his head again and he tried to shut it out, shuddering. He had been riding solidly for almost an entire day and ached all over but had to go on. He couldnt even see Elenna and Glorfindel yet, as it was hilly land; they could be 1 km away or 100 km away for all he knew.
Shaking his head he tried to clear away the sweat in his eyes...and the thoughts in his head. He hadnt had time to properly think and it was all coming back....everything....
Lindir shook his head again to shake away the thoughts and reached the top of the hill, dismounting to drink from a small spring.
The raven haired elf could see everything for miles around. Beautiful forests, winding rivers, occasional animals wandering over the land, even, in the far distance, Rivendell itself. But in front of him...
Gasping he saw two figures dismounting a horse. Straining his eyes he saw one was male, one female, and coming towards them, hideous even at a distance was the miniture figure of an Uruk...holding something, a small wriggling bundle, like a child.
No not a child. A hobbit.
In a flash he mounted the horse again and the horse seemed to sense the urgency, racing ahead. But there was a terribly sense of foreboding inside the young elf...he wasnt going to get there in time...
Old 07-17-2002, 03:52 AM   #373
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk hid high up on the tree, watching Elenna and the other's appraoch for some time now. They hadn't sensed him yet, he would have the element of surprise. Soon they were directly under his hiding spot and he was poised to strike; two well aimed blows would mortally wound them both, then he could finish them at his liesure.

As he made his move, a painful cry for help attracted the elves and they moved... Azruk fell with a loud thud, on his face. The two elves whirled around to see a huge, bloody nosed uruk quickly rise to his feet. Instinctively Glorfindel moved in front of Elenna, his natural reflex to protect her. But a huge fist rammed into his midriff causing him to double up, another fist followed the first into his face and floored the elf. Not taking any chances, Azruk swiftly kicked Elenna in the chest, the already weakened elf maid flew headlong and landed onto the place where the hobbit lay hidden and screaming for help. Azruk whipped out his dagger and slashed a six inch long cut high into the blond elf's inner thigh, rendering the muscle and the nerves useless. It would be a long time before that one would walk agian. He left the wailing elf alive for he wanted him to witness Elenna's death at his hands.

Elenna lay stunned and unconcious near the hobbit lass who screamed even louder to revive the elf, Azruk smirked and swaggered over to them, licking the blood off his dagger and fingers.

Ooc- Elenna, invoke your devinities or die.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #374
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Slowly, carefully, Elenna got to her feet. Her chest felt like it was on fire, but the sight of Glorfindel lying on the forest floor bleeding gave her a small burst of strength that she didn't know she possessed. Azruk smirked as he saw her limp towards him, but quailed a little as he saw the battlefire burning bright in her eyes. He thought he heard a voice behind him whispering "Tindomerel!" but he did not understand the elvish word. He turned back to Elenna.

"It's over, Elenna. Your home is broken and your lover lies helpless. Your death is near! Give yourself up, and I might make your dying easy."

To his shock, Elenna laughed, a terrible strained sound. "If you think that Rivendell is broken, you couldn't be farther from the truth. The dark power will never overtake the house of Elrond. Now fight!"

She raised her sword, it's blade glittering strangely blue. Azruk grinned. She could not possibly defeat him. She was weakened from a long fight and much grief. They squared off, Azruk's black sword and Lalaith nearly point to point.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:35 AM   #375
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk slashed away at the dimunitive and battered elf maid, his blows were heavy and fast. Elenna, aided by some devine intervention, barely managed to avoid them. Azruk grew frustrated at this maiden's resilience and his frustration led him to make a vital mistake. He lunged for her, using all his might and yet something swiftly carried her out of his way.

Elenna didn't need a second to deftly strike at the uruk's exposed face. Lalaith, her bloodied sword, sank deep into the uruk's forehead. Making low gutteral sounds, Azruk's massive bulk tipped over and he fell flat on his back. Groaning in agony and surprise he watched the elf maid limp over to him, her dagger drawn. She knelt over the paralysed behemoth and proceeded to slowly carve letters across his deep, heaving chest.

ooc - Elenna, all yours.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:33 PM   #376
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa stuggled but the ropes seemed to get tighter as she did.The restraints where digging into her skin drawing blood that trickled down her wrists and dripped off her fingertips.
Though she felt pain she never gave up.Crying from help was simpley ignored and the struggling was taking it out of her and the pain was growing worse.
She sat there.Not knowing what to do but sit...and wait.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: Rosa_Baggins ]
Old 07-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #377
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Slowly, as she carved, Elenna began to speak. She was gasping, and had lost a lot of blood from where the uruk had landed some blows with his sword.

" THis E is for my sister Lalaith, who you killed. This L is for all of my companions; Amanaduial, Celebmundoiel, Hogarth, my horse Celebdae, and all the rest who have fallen fighting you this day. This E is for Glorfindel, who lies there, bleeding out his life from where you struck him down. This N is for Rivendell, which we win back but at great cost. This N is for the prisoners you have kept and killed while you have been here..." she trailed off for a second, a tear dripping down her face, but a fire still smouldering in her eyes.

"This last letter, A, is for me, and for all of the scars that you have left on my body, mind and heart that I shall bear long after you are gone."

"Yes. Long after - in the grave!" Azruk said, and with the last of his strength, he drove his sword into the elf-maiden's chest. Laughing a little, his eyes rolled back up into his head and he died.

Elenna, gasping, pulled the great black sword from her body. Then she crawled, bleeding and broken, over to where Glorfindel lay. He was pale, and she could see no signs that he still lived. She lay down, curled up against his still body. "So you have gone before me, my love," she whispered. "I hope you saved a seat for me in Mandos's hall." And with that her pain overcame her, and the bright forest went black.

OOC: Azruk's last stand! And don't worry - it isn't over for Elenna and Glorfindel yet!
Old 07-20-2002, 07:28 PM   #378
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa and Aduchil heard a roar and a high pitched scream. "Elenna!" Fëa looked back to Aduchil and turned, ready to ride off.

"Fëa. No. He will kill you too. Let it be. Elenna is strong. You CAN'T go." A small tear ran down Aduchil's face. "No. You can't."

Fëa looked at him, and made a stern face. "Aduchil, I am protected. By Celebmundoiel. By Amanaduial. By Hogarth. And by you. I will be fine. I must save Rosa and Elenna and ever Glorfindel. If you wish, you may even come with me." Fëa kissed him and looked straight at him puzzled.

He looked down and Fëa started to ride into the trees. She felt, proud for protecting her family and friends. But she was also worried about Aduchil. With that thought, she heared him ride up.

"Don't Worry." They swiftly rode towards the screams and moans.

OoC- Aduchil, this would be a good time to ask Fëa you-know-what!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:09 AM   #379
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Tears kept streaming down her face.She had seen everthing and her voice was dying down and was croaky from her screams behind the gag.
She saw Elenna lieing there and she screamed harder for help but all that came out was a small shriek.Her breath was short and the red blood was still flowing in little streams down her fingers and ankles makeing red pools.
"Please...please help us."Her voice muffled.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:09 AM   #380
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil and Feä came to the battlescene. Lindir was already there, trying to tend to Elenna and Glorfindel's wounds. Lindir looked up with tears in his eyes:
"I think their wounds are deadly. Glorfindel has lost a lot of blood, and Elenna..."
Aduchil was schocked, but realised there was nothing he could do, and then something came to his mind. He took Feä aside from the others.
"Feä, I have for some weeks now been in contact with a settlement in Lindon. Elves has rebuilt the city, and many of the soldiers from here will soon march to Lindon, to live there permanently, in peace. They have asked me to join them, and take up my father's crown. I have accepted, and when this is over, I will go to Lindon, and stay there as King, where my father was before me. I want to ask you, Feä, if you would like to become my Queen?"

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 07-22-2002, 09:27 AM   #381
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Fëa's green eyes widened and she almost fainted. She thought to herself and lowered her head, "If only Celeb and Aman were here to listen to him and my answer. I miss Celeb and Aman so. They could help me decide. But, I know what to do."
Fëa raised her head and walked closer to Aduchil. "Yes. Yes, I will!" She grabbed him in an embracing hug and kissed him deeply and afectionatly{sp?}.
They walked back to the scene, hand in hand, and saw Lindir tending to the wounded elves. Fëa heard a slight muffling noise in the bushes, behind a tree. "Rosa!" Aduchil yelled.
They ran to her and unbound her arms and legs, and ungaged her. "What happened?" Fëa asked.
"Azurk tied me up. Are Elenna and Glorfindel and Lindir Ok?" Rosa panted.
"Yes. Lindir is healing them." Aduchil answered.
"Did we win?" Rosa asked.
"Yes, Elenna has killed Azurk. Rivendell is ours, and Father is assemling a group to help clean the battle area. We have won!. And," Fëa laughed. "I'm going to be a queen! Aduchil asked me." Fëa and Rosa looked at Aduchil and he blushed. Fëa kissed and hugged him, and Rosa gave him a slight squeeze.
"Come on Rosa. Let's go." Aduchil grabbed her little arm and the three ran.
They came upon Azurks dead body, and Fëa reached into her belt pouch, and pulled out her small dagger.
"This is for Celebmudoiel, my cousin." she stabbed him. She stuck the dagger up in the air again, and plunged it into him. "This is for Amanaduial, the one you tried to bring to your side." A third stab was next. "This stab is for Hogarth, a friend to all."
Again she stabbed him. "This is for my father, the one you tortured." Another stab came. "This is for all of Rivendell, the city you couldn't capture."
"This stab is for Lindir, Elenna, Ala and Glorfindel, the great warriors."
"This last plunge is for the whole Elven army and all of their allies." Fëa grabbed her dagger out of Azurk and wiped it on her sleeve. Her eyes were full of fury. Then she turned to Rosa and Aduchil. "Come, let's tell Lindir our good news!" She said to Aduchil, and Rosa laughed.
They ran towards Lindir, who was still healing the great Elven heros.

OoC- Daniel Telcontar, Elenna, I think we should start thinking about that RPG that takes place after all of this. With Fëa, Aduchil, Glorfindel and Elenna. Remember? PM me with ideas!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:08 AM   #382
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna was running through a dark forest. All around her, she could hear voices. The voice of her sister, screaming. The voice of Celebmundoiel dying. Glorfindel's moans of agony. Amanaduial screaming "No!"

And among all these sounds, she could hear the laughter of Azruk and the trees whispering "Tindomerel" in their soft voices.

"Nooooo!" Elenna screamed, pressing her hands to her ears. Then suddenly, the forest ended, and Elenna found herself on a great golden plain. In the distance, a white hall loomed up. Away from it rode a maiden on a great white horse. She came towards Elenna, who stood up.

OOC: Elenna's having an out of body experience. She'll be back soon. Keep healing her!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:37 AM   #383
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Noooooo! Why are you here?"
Elennas spirit looked up to see a swirl fantastic colours materialise in front of her in the familiar form of the witch she knew so well. Tears seemed to spring to her eyes, although it was impossible in this incorporeal form.
"Amanaduial...I never thought i would see you again...-"
"Well you shouldnt be!" Elenna was stunned at how angry Aman seemed to be before she saw thin streaks of silver running down her dead friends cheeks. "You...you cant be. Dont you understand? If you give up, all this will have been for nothing. I will have been for nothing. Please dont let this happen!"
"But Im tired. Tired of pain, tired of losing everything around me, tired of...tired of life!" Now the silver streaks ran down her cheeks too and the glow in Amans silver eyes softened. She spoke more softly now. "Elenna do you remember when Azruk nearly killed me on the battlefield?"
"yes..."
"And you called me back, risking even your life to save me?"
"I...yes..."
Aman began to step back into the blinding glorious ligth behind her again. "Well now its your turn. Can you hear it?" Her voice was almost a whisper as she cocked her head to one side. A faint call came from all around seemingly and although the reluctant warrior tried to ignore it, she couldnt block it out. Lindir was calling her back.
"He is singing to you my friend. He calls you with his gift from deep in his soul."
Elenna turned to Aman, now more than half obscured by the blinding light behind her. The witches eyes were glittering as she spoke to her friend.
"Go brave one. Hear the call of Lindir and heed it."
"I dont want to leave you!" She started walking towards her the witch. Aman held out her hand to her.
"Goodbye Elenna. Be strong. Live. For all of us...." Elennas hand touched Amans only for a milisecond before she was whisked away back to the land of the living.

------------------------------------
"Elenna! Please...you cant die....you cant..." Lindirs voice was desperate as he shook her shoulder with his bare arm. Glorfindel lay to the side of them, unconcious but stable, his thigh wrapped in Lindirs sleeve, Aduchil watching over him. Lindirs raven hair fell into his eyes but he didnt heed it as he reached out to feel Elennas wrist, feeling her pulse pump painfully slowly.
Thud..thud....thud.......thud...........thu-
"No." Lindir whispered the word at first. "NO! Please, dont do this...for me...for Aman...no..." She was gone. The singer clenched his teeth together. He had lost Amanaduial, there was no way Elenna would be lost as well.
Lindir called up the energy inside him that he had felt when Aman had died in his hands. A slow trickle of light passed from his hands as he placed them on the wound on Elennas chest. Letting his mind drift back to his home the golden wood he remembered a song he had learned. The slow melody poured from his lips, his voice smooth and flowing.
Beneath one of his hands, slowly, fitfully...Elennas pulse was returning...
Old 07-25-2002, 07:43 AM   #384
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Fëa, the new Queen, saw Lindir healing Elenna, and heard the soft song that Lindir was muttering.

Aduchil grabbed her waist. "I think she's going to be Fine."

Little Rosa heard and grabbed Fëa's leg. "Is that true Fëa?"

She was uncertain, but to keep Rosa happy she said, "Yes, Rosa. She will be fine. And so will Glorfindel." Fëa looked down and Lindir, Glorfindel, and Elenna down on the bloody ground.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:17 PM   #385
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

When Elenna finally opened her eyes, she was laying in her own bed at Rivendell. Her first thought was "where am I?". She didn't realize she had spoken aloud until she heard a familiar voice.

"In your chamber, El. Where did you think?"

"Glorfindel? I thought you were dead..."

"Well, I could say the same to you, my love. You have lain here for about three weeks, near to death. At several points I thought you already sat in Mandos's hall."

"No. Amanaduial told me it was not yet my time, and then I heard Lindir..."

Glorfindel struggled to his feet, and Elenna could see that he leaned heavily on a cane made of some gray wood. His leg was wrapped in a white bandage. He saw her eyes on the wound. "A little souvenir from Azruk. I'll be fine in time for," he trailed off.

"In time for what?" she asked, instantly curious.

"Well, Estel is wedding Arwen Undomiel in Gondor in a few weeks. A party is riding out from Rivendell next week. By then, Lindir says you will be well enough to accompany us." Elenna's face lit up. "ANd many wish to see the saviour of Rivendell in person," Glorfindel continued. "Now go to sleep, or Lindir will chop my other leg."

Elenna smiled, and complied.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #386
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Fëa came running into the room with Aduchil slowly following behind.

"Has she awoke yet?" Fëa asked Glorfindel.

"Yes, I just told her about Estel and your sister Arwen's wedding. I told her to go back to sleep." Glorfindel didn't know that Elenna wasn't asleep yet and heard everything.

"She's been asleep for three weeks! She doesn't need to sleep anymore!" Aduchil grabbed Fëa and told her to calm down.

Elenna slowly opened her eyes. "Fëa? Aduchil? Hello." She slowly said.

"Guess what!" Fëa chuckled.

"What?"

Fëa chuckled under her breathe and excitedly said, "I'm going to be queen of Lindon. Aduchil asked me the question bake at the battle scene. So you might be going to a joint wedding!"

Elenna smiled, laid her head down, and drifted to sleep.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:35 AM   #387
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

A week later, the party set out from Rivendell to go to Gondor. Elrond, still a bit ill, rode at the front. On his left rode Arwen, looking euphoric on the back of her gray palfrey. On his right rode Elenna. Her horse, Celebdae, had fallen in battle and she had not had time to choose a new one, so she rode a chestnut brown mare with good manners. She missed her big rangy stallion with his high spirits and strange mannerisms. Next to her rode Glorfindel on Asfaloth. His leg still hadn't healed, and it would be quite some time before he would run lightly, but he also was joyful at Elenna's recovery.

Behind them rode the rest of the party - Aduchil and Fea, Alatiriel, and even Rosa on a small pony.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:12 PM   #388
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir sat on a window seat near the front of Rivendell, leaning against the frame as he watched the party leave. The young elf had decided not to go, despite Elennas persuasion. Sighing he leant his head back against the frame and closed his eyes. The last few weeks had been so hectic; they had found so much and lost so much. Friends and enemies had been found and lost, secrets uncovered and dreams shattered, but hopes and lives also revived. Slipping into a half sleep he let himself drift...
and found himself in a strange bright place. Thta is if it could be called a place, for his feet barely touched the springy grass, and the sun shone from all around, causing everything to shine with radiant light.
Nearby he saw a tree, its silvery branches rippling in a pleasant warm breeze. Below it he saw a few figures sitting or standing. One, with her back against the tree laughed, he voice like silver as she watched two of the others practising sword fighting.In the utmost branches he saw another sitting, one leg dangling from down, watching the others. Her head turned although Lindir couldnt see her expression. The scene seemed to stop and he was in front of her, seemingly in the air. Her red hair shone divinely, her green eyes sparkling.
"Why are you here Songbird?" Her voice rang like silver trumpets. "Your time has not come, like Elennas."
Lindirs tongue seemed stuck to the roof of his mouth. When he eventually found his voice he could only manage one surprised word. "Aman?!"
"What do you think? Of course!" She chuckled paused and licked her fingers as if shed forgotten something. "I almost forgot. Here..." Opening his fingers she pressed something into his hand then closed them so he couldnt see it.
"A last present from me. Take it with pride beautiful songbird." Kissing his hand she faded away...

Sitting up with a start Lindir almost fell of the windowseat in shock. Frowning he saw his hand was closed in a fist and felt something inside it.
"It couldnt be..." He murmered to himself. Taking a deep breath he opened his hand and his azure eyes widened and his face broke into a smile as he saw what was inside; a thin delicate silver necklace, the chain made of tiny exquisite silver leaves. And on the end of the chain, its small obsidian head pushed out and its beak opened in song was a tiny raven.
Lindir examined itwith delight, astonished for a moment.
"A last present from me...take it with pride beautiful songbird.."
The dark haired elf slipped it around his neck, its catch making a silvery ting as it fastened. Looking out the window he noticed the riders were not out of sight yet. He hesitated for half a second before springing up and racing towards the stables.
"Wait! Elenna, Glorfindel, wait for me!"
Old 07-27-2002, 02:18 PM   #389
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

"Well done my friend. You have avenged your sister, and yourself." Ala smiled at her friend.
"I have, and I have saved Glorfindel." She had a huge smile on her face.
"I told you he wouldn't die." Ala said. She looked up at the sun, and pulled her black cloak around her head.
"When will we arrive?" Fea asked Ala.
"A few days time, mabey more, it all depends on how fast we ride. And, congratulations Fea, or should i say my Queen instead?" Ala cocked a smile.
"Call me what you will my friend."
Old 07-28-2002, 04:07 AM   #390
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Azruk's fallen body, now a rotting, vermin infested vulgarity lay where he was struck down... no memorial in stone stood for this once great warrior... nay, no memories carved in stone could be ever greater than the one's he burned into the hearts and minds of his adversaries.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:10 AM   #391
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Finally, the company arrived at the gates of Minas Tirith. They were scarred with battle, and several guards stood before. Arwen and Elrond had stopped in Lothlorien, and would be arriving with the Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. So only a few remained of the group that originally started from Rivendell - Elenna, Glorfindel, Lindir, Fea, Aduchil, Alatiriel, Rosa, and a few others.

"Stop! Who wishes to enter this gate?" shouted a voice from the wall.

"I am Glorfindel Goldenhelm. I ride with the Lady Elenna Tindomerel and the King of the Noldor, Aduchil son of Gil-Galad. Your king will be expecting us, even if you are not."

The gate swung open and a company of Gondorian soldiers came out, wearing full ceremonial gear. "We have heard of your coming, Lady." one of them said to Elenna, as they escorted them inside.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:34 AM   #392
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa smiled as she closed her bag and pushed her short sword into it's sheath.
Scars of the physical and mental kind still showed and where still as like open wounds then scars.
The adventure had been quite enough for the young hobbit and her heart longed to go back to the Shire and see her friends and family again yet the land and the things she had been though would never be forgot.
So,after long consideration, she decided it was time to go back to there her heart longered for and always was.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:54 AM   #393
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil rode into the city with a joyful heart. He had done his part for Rivendell, and received his rewards: Feä and Lindon. Elenna was happy with Glorfindel, and he was going to see his old friend Estel once again.
Could life be better than this?
Old 07-30-2002, 04:25 AM   #394
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa turned for one last look at the last homely house of Rivendell. Her last and only adventure had come to a close and Rosa was, in a strange way, sad. She had made many friends and she was sad to leave them all and go back to her friends and family in Hobbiton.
She would miss the Elves most of all.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:46 AM   #395
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lindir saw the small hobbit walking away from the party, her bags packed. Remembering Amans friendship with the sweet young hobbit, and his own attachment to her sweet kind childish nature, he walked out the gates after her.
"Rosa!"
The little hobbit turned to see the raven haired elf walking after her. As they met, Lindir crouched in front of her so as not to make her feel as small.
"Rosa Baggins, you didnt tell me you were leaving just yet!" His voice was mock serious but his azure eyes twinkled.
The hobbit laughed. "Well, I was obviously trying to get away from you as soon as possible Lindir!"
"Well in that case, Im going to have to punish you! How about somewhere along the lines of...going with you to the shire for a while?"
"Oh terrible! Im sure I wont be able to stand it! Youll definitley have to carry it out!"
Both of them dropped the solemn faces, breaking into smiles as Lindir leant forward and hugged Rosa. Mentally he informed Elenna of his departure.
"Of course go Lindir. You deserve a break! How will we manage without you though?"
"Well, Im afraid youll have to Lady- I mean, Elenna. Until we meet again, farewell."
"Farewell Lindir."

Taking Rosas hand, the pair walked off in the direction of Hobbiton...

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 07-31-2002, 03:09 PM   #396
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa quickly turned Condelia around and waved at Lindir and Rosa.

"Goodbye Lindir! Goodbye Rosa! It was Fun! An râd atrado ad!" Fëa heard Rosa yell 'What?', so she translated: "To paths cross again!" Aduchil waved goodbye and told Fëa to hurry along.

Bye Fëa!" Rosa yelled.

"Goodbye My Queen! Uh, I mean Fëa. Until next time."

OoC- Hey, maybe we should make a next time RPG......
Old 08-03-2002, 12:14 PM   #397
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

OOC: OK, all these posts after mine have to go! READ THE POSTS, people! WE'RE IN GONDOR ALREADY!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2002, 01:05 PM   #398
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna stood on one of the scarred battlements of Minas Tirith. Aragorn had finally wedded Arwen, and now it seemed that everyone else's future was falling into place.

The week before, Glorfindel had met her next to the White Tree, newly planted.

"I have been meaning to talk to you since Lorien," he said, removing something from his pocket. It was a ring of twisted silver, set with a light blue stone. "Will you wed me, he that you have rescued time and time again, and come to dwell with me?"

"Of course!" Elenna said, and Glorfindel smiled and put the ring on her finger. The she continued, "On one condition."

"And what is that?" he asked, suddenly looking worried.

"No embroidery. If you want flowers on your handkerchiefs, you do them yourself."

They had both laughed, and gone in to tell everyone that they were now betrothed.

But Mithrandir met them at the door, and congratulated them before they had even said anything. "It took you long enough," he said. "And I have a wedding present for you, for you must be married very soon. Within the week, I would say."

And they were. Everyone attended their wedding, before the White Tree. Alatiriel and Lindir stood with the couple, as their First Friends. And when they had said their vows and were forever joined, Gandalf "gave" them his gift.

"Here is a friend, Elenna, whom you have long missed." he said. Out from the crowd walked Therin. Elenna gave a cry and embraced him.

"He has recently come from Fangorn Forest, Elenna, where the dwarves have finished a great building project. As you know, Treebeard" (Elenna had been told of the great Ent) "can no longer watch his wood as carefully as he might like, for he has agreed to also guard Orthanc, even though Saruman is gone. So new guardians of the wood must be appointed." Elenna didn't understand.

"You and Glorfindel are to go and dwell at Wellinghall, in the Forest Fangorn, you silly girl!" Therin said.

They were to ride out the next day. Tiri and Lindir were accompanying them, along with Elenna's new horse - Cullhach, the wedding gift of Aragorn.

As the sun came up over Minas Tirith, Elenna said quietly to herself "And so another great tale comes to a happy ending."