Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #81
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Fair enough Elempi.
I'll probably post my character's entry today or tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #82
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
It's either I've imagined Scarburg wrong, or I've overestimated Ginna's lack of sense of direction. (But believe me, a person can be very stupid when it comes to directions: take it from one who knows.) In either case, let me know if it's impossible for her to get lost.

I don't really intend her to be lost for long, anyone could come up during the night to rescue her, perhaps unintentionally. I just wanted to give her a little scare.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #83
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hey, this is looking excellent. Welcome, Eönwë and Gwath!

Just to let everybody know, I will write at least one post for Modtryth before the next day, she has to have the debate with Stigend she promised she'd have. I know Noggie's quite busy, so if that is a real problem, we can always co-write so that I do most of the job, or we can write a little and then the discussion can be interrupted and continued later. Modtryth is quite a determined person, so she won't leave starting the discussion at all unless something serious happens... but of course that is a possibility too...

And Lhuna - no, you're not too subtle, I think I have a clue at least...

I've talked with Celuien and she reminded me that she has done proper character descriptions for her characters for the Abduction RPG (and I know where they can be found). Now, should we just use these, or should I shorten them to fit the other character descriptions (Celuien said I can do this if I wish)? Opinions?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #84
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
At last we are beginning to get some new characters. Eönwë and Gwathagor, I'm glad to see that you joined!

I'll do one more post for the night before Erbrand lays down to sleep, unless everyone has to be awakened to to look for Ginna.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #85
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, Eodwine and Rowenna are awake, so they could look for Ginna. Or not, being somewhat preoccupied, if you know what I mean....

Lommy, your co-write post with Noggie can be inserted wherever it's most appropriate, so no need to rush it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #86
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lommy

There's no need to re-write Celuien's character bios. I copied them over to this thread and linked them into the Players/Characters list.

~*~ Pio

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #87
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Lommy, your co-write post with Noggie can be inserted wherever it's most appropriate, so no need to rush it.
I know - I was merely thinking that I won't be able to write any further posts if I don't know what's happened before it.

Pio - great!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Feeling guilty all the time... but my timetables just would demand 36-hour days just to get all the things done I need to do without these...

But late next week I'm hopefully done with a lot of stuff that keep me occupied right now (mainly exams & choir rehearsals). This is looking good indeed once again and I'm more than willing to come into the fray.

Just go on Lommy. I guess Stigend will have a rough time...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #89
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Just go on Lommy. I guess Stigend will have a rough time...
Hey Lommy, near the end of the post do you want to be the one who notices that Ginna is missing? Everyone else is busy sleeping, exploring the ruins of Scarburg hall, or just trying to figure out who everyone is.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 04-10-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #90
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And Lhuna - no, you're not too subtle, I think I have a clue at least...
Heh.

Quote:
Well, Eodwine and Rowenna are awake, so they could look for Ginna. Or not, being somewhat preoccupied, if you know what I mean....
No, I don't think they're in the best position to look for her, either.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 04-10-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I can make Modtryth realise Ginna is missing - it would actually be quite believable too - but I just realised that I doubt I will get anything done before Sunday evening or Monday morning my time. So you don't need to wait for me when it comes to realising that Ginna is missing, or to anything else.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #92
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Maybe I can find her on my way in. I don't mind editing my last post.

edit: Ok, I've seen her

Last edited by Eönwë; 04-11-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #93
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just a couple of points for your consideration, Eonwe:

Ginna has raven black hair.

It is night time; the sickle moon is out and so are stars. It is perhaps 3 hours after dusk.

I like the uncle's words. Nice touch. Just so with mention of symbelminë. I like.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #94
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Sorry, I was reading from here. It must have changed since then.

Thank you.

EDIT: Is that better?

Last edited by Eönwë; 04-11-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #95
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Nice post, Groin. I wonder though if you get muskrats in Rohan... hmm... look here
Old 04-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #96
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

LMP -

Do you want me to edit the bio Lhunardawen wrote for Ginna? She has the character with blonde hair and blue eyes (post #76 of this thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen

NAME: Ginna

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 23, female, Eorling from the north of the Middle Emnet

APPEARANCE: Stands 5'8" tall, slender but stronger than she appears, has light blonde hair almost reaching her waist, and wide blue eyes. A bit too beautiful for her own good.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Ginna is the only child of Randvér, a widower, friend of Eodwine's from the War, and small lord and landholder. She was sent to the Eorl's keeping in hope that she will learn to "behave more properly," and while she does not mind being away from her father, their separation failed to give them a chance to address their worsening estrangement. She is determined and a quick learner, but can be stubborn and headstrong. The loneliness to which she had been accustomed helped her to easily make friends with the people around her, but had also made her highly insecure, which leads her to take advantage of Harreld's feelings for her as she had done with other men before. Too late did she realise, however, how wrongly she had treated the smith, and now desires to win back his friendship, although she has no idea how to go about doing it.

Though she does not admit it, she wants to settle down, but she doubts her father would judge her ready, if indeed he had a mind to give her away in marriage at all.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-12-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #97
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
She does? Apparently it had been too long since I last wrote for her.

I'll go ahead and edit her character bio.

(And now I'm not so sure if I got the colour of her eyes right...)
Old 04-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #98
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Nice post, Groin.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I wonder though if you get muskrats in Rohan.
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't, unless of course you mean that we don't know if they live in Middle Earth. Well, if not them then another fury creature has to live in that marshland. Erbrand has to have something else to work with other than cowhides.

Thanks for you insight, Eönwë. I'll go and look up what types of animals dwell in a place like Rohan.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #99
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Groin

Since Middle-earth is based around the western European region, how about a lovely stoat (ermine) - HERE & HERE - in place of those North American native muskrats. Stoats have lovely fur, especially in the wintertime, when their coat turns completely white.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #100
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank you, Piosenniel! I'll go edit my post.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #101
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
So sorry for the delay

NAME: Léofric, Léof for short

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: Age 16, male, human from Rohan (For Hard Winters RPG - now 21 years old)

APPEARANCE: Rather short and slight, though not without some wiry strength; blonde hair kept short, dark blue eyes. Simply dressed. (Hard Winters - has grown somewhat, now on the short side of average; has filled out and muscled up a bit).

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Before coming to the Mead Hall, Léof lived in the Middle Emnet with his father and younger sister (his mother died when he was ten). His father was something of an alcoholic and hard on him, and Léof took refuge with the horses on his farm. When he was 16 his father banished him from the farm and Léof set off to Edoras to start over, where he became the ostler of the Mead Hall. In keeping with this, he has only told a few his story, not even Eodwine. He is typically quiet and keeps to himself. He is incredibly stubborn, determined, and convinced that he can take care of himself and doesn’t need anyone, but he is generally kind and will give anyone a fair chance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-15-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #102
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
She does? Apparently it had been too long since I last wrote for her.

I'll go ahead and edit her character bio.

(And now I'm not so sure if I got the colour of her eyes right...)
Oops! No, my mistake. I fear that I have been picturing Lhuna's face (after a fashion) onto Ginna. I am wrong, Ginna has light blonde hair. Poor Harreld, he's been terribly color blind all this time!

For swamp dwelling creatures, considering the climate of Rohan, I think the best bestiary we could use would come from France and Germany. Yeah. Like Pio said.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-12-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #103
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Ginna has light blonde hair.
Does that mean I have to change my post again?*

edit*: rhetorical question.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #104
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So sorry Eonwe.

Just want to point out so that it's clear to everybody: Rowenna as she is currently constituted is not good for Eodwine. She'll only become good for him if and when she changes in character from being self-serving to caring about others. She may be a long way from it, if she ever gets there at all. That doesn't mean that Eodwine won't get tangled up with her. There are too many things he likes about her, and too many things about which he grieves (that she suddenly has to do with) for him to have quite a clear head about her. All that to help understand the post I'm about to write.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #105
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

So, Lhunardawen -

I edited your bio for Ginna to indicate her hair color as blond. :-)

~*~ Pio
Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #106
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Oops! No, my mistake. I fear that I have been picturing Lhuna's face (after a fashion) onto Ginna. I am wrong, Ginna has light blonde hair. Poor Harreld, he's been terribly color blind all this time!
*big grin* That made my day, Elempi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
So, Lhunardawen -

I edited your bio for Ginna to indicate her hair color as blond. :-)

~*~ Pio
Thanks, Pio! *smile*
Old 04-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #107
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren asked me to explain why she hasn't been here lately. She's been lying around with the chicken pox, feeling horrible(and looking horrible, too). We hope she is on the last leg though, and she will, hopefully, be back soon.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #108
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Folwren asked me to explain why she hasn't been here lately. She's been lying around with the chicken pox, feeling horrible(and looking horrible, too). We hope she is on the last leg though, and she will, hopefully, be back soon.
Oh, dear. Hope she gets well soon enough, and she won't be left with too many scars. Thanks for the info, Finduilas.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #109
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Get well soon Folwren.

Oooh! I wonder what Ginna will say when a strange short person from a faraway land comes up to her (Thats my character, by the way).
Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #110
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Shucks, Findy, I thought maybe you were volunteering to join.

Eonwe, you might want to PM Lhuna to ask her to post. She's been struggling to find time and a good reminder might help her.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #111
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It cracks me up that Findy offers an explanation for my absence the very day that I make it out of sick bay instead of before hand...

Anyway, I made it back to the Barrow Downs yesterday evening and have practically caught up on the Mead Hall thread. It's looking very, very interesting, everybody.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-14-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #112
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've got a 'Rowenna's point of view' brimming to be written, but I'd like to see someone else post first. Don't be shy!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #113
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Glad to see you up and running again, Folwren.

Quote:
I've got a 'Rowenna's point of view' brimming to be written, but I'd like to see someone else post first. Don't be shy!
My guy is still sleeping waiting for night to end.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #114
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Sorry it took longer than necessary, but my post is up.

No offence meant to your character, Eönwë, but I can't blame Ginna for being paranoid.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #115
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I love it, Lhuna! As casually as she could, she ran off! Very funny choice of words. Oh dear...forgive me for laughing...I've laughed easily all day.

I'm not shy, Elempi, just busy and with nothing pressing to write.

-- Foley
Old 04-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #116
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Why do I have to be so busy this week? Why have I made myself so busy this week? Anyway, I'll try to write and if I just don't have time, then I have to write post later and it must be moved to its proper place... Anyway, great to see this hall so active.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:54 AM   #117
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I'm sorry for that not-very-good post, but what else could Dan do?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #118
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What a hilarious pair of posts!

Now Lhuna will have to post yet again!

Groin, there's always the latrine to visit in the night, and who knows whom one might meet? Or just wait if you prefer.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #119
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very nice posts Eönwë and Lhuna, so much action and it still isn't day yet.

Quote:
Groin, there's always the latrine to visit in the night, and who knows whom one might meet? Or just wait if you prefer.
If the urging to post comes too strong I'll see if Erbrand can find it. Thanks LMP.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #120
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

About Signatures

Please take the time to remove your signature from every post to the Meadhall RPG thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio