The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #761
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Well, I'm proud of him, anyway, for playing such a good game (although I would have liked the chance to catch him), and I've been rooting for him the last few days --- and now, a couple hours ago, Shasta PMs me and tells me he's not the real ranger!
Of course, I assumed Boro was, and that poor Mac, who thought he'd won, would be foiled in an attempt to kill Shasta toNight and be immediately lynched the next day.
*gives Rikae a cookie*

I would have been so happy had it worked, too.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #762
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
So that was it!
And I was thinking that you were defending me - remember you saved me from the gallows two Days in a row - either as an innocent believing I was not a wolf (for once!!!) or as a wolf trying to make me feel good about you.
To my defense, I wasn't the only one who found the way you went after Gwath suspicious, and the way you mentioned suspicious things about me without going deeper into them made me think you're the cobbler who guessed my identity and wants to protect me from looking too innocent without actually suspecting me.

Since I know what an effective cobbler you can be, I wanted to keep you around instead of sacrificing you early. And then I had to sacrifice a fellow because of it...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #763
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
Now you always think I'm evil even when I'm innocent! .

I athink we have only been in two games togetehr and once you were a wolf and now a cobbler...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #764
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just got back.

Excellent wolfing, Mac!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #765
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Before anyone gets the wrong impression, my persona was only that, a persona. As Mith said I get bored being an ordo, and like to be confrontational. I wasn't fed up/sick of it, just trying out something new and wondering why I didn't follow up on Mac/letting him slide after the 2 wolf votes.

So, Mac, CoD, Sally, wonderful job, congradulations...bask in the victory.

McCaber, truly sorry about that. Why do you all believe me so easily? I was insane, Nogrod, Mith, Mac, you all need to keep me in line more. Well, it would have helped if Mac wasn't a wolf.

I honestly had really no idea what was going on. I thought Mith was the seer until Nilp revealed. Then I thought Shasta was the ranger again, until the very very end. And obviously I thought Mac was innocent after Day 1 and on, despite nagging feelings.

Durelin, truly a wonderful game, that went down to the wire. My goal is now to die before the very last day, I hate having to make a decision and having no idea what is going on. Yes, I want to pass the torch to someone else.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #766
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
So, Mac, CoD, Sally, wonderful job, congradulations...bask in the victory.
It was a great performance for Mac and Sally. I was merely a tool (and well-used, it seems) for Mac to keep from being too suspicious looking. And tools don't get to bask in victory.

I, at least, was able to amuse myself with my Day One vote. Took that fiend down with me, too.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #767
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
CoD was more of a wild-card even than I expected. I was rather displeased with him for putting his fellow wolves in such a nasty spot on the very first Day, but, well, it did make things quite interesting (edit: and it meant that I had a co-mod from then on who I could call up and say "uh, woops, I'm in the car on the way to somewhere and the Day is supposed to start in half an hour..."). And I do like getting back to the basics of this game...that is, that it's a game, for amusement.

I was rather positive Mac was going to go all the way, up until the very last day there...

Sally I thought should have survived longer. I thought she managed the crazyness of Day 1 very very well. I guess Boro pointed out the problem during the game - that he saw her as behaving in a way he had as a wolf in the same situation. Really he brought the attention on her from the start on Day 2.

I knew Lal would be an amazing cobbler, and she of course did not disappoint. I was sad to see her go, even if that was kinda part of the job!

Both Nilp and Izzy did an excellent job of lying low - walking that thin line you could say? Both of them played a major role in bringing it down to the wire. It often happens that the gifteds end up just as 'known innocents' for a Day or so after they reveal and that's about it, and seers of course end up dead with posts to pick through, but this was not the case in this game at all. Which was awesome!

Boro was extremely entertaining this game. I very much enjoyed both his and Fea's attitudes.

I'd forgotten how fun it is to read along. Thanks everyone for playing, and sorry I was only half a mod at best, or you could call me a 'minimalist' as Mith said but that's being nice. I was quite excited about the theme and such but...ah well.

Again, thanks everyone! Love you all!

Oh, and I knew you'd kill Rikae that first night as a lone wolf, Mac.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #768
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I wasn't being polite - you may be able to recycle ideas another time but it was such a tense game that I am sure we were all just focused on who was dead and what they were.

Yeah I find Fea most entertaining when I am modding....

Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #769
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Why do you all believe me so easily? I was insane, Nogrod, Mith, Mac, you all need to keep me in line more. Well, it would have helped if Mac wasn't a wolf.
Funny you should mention that Boro... for the reason I basically believed you to be an ordo (or in the worst case a cobbler) was exactly your way of going here and there looking for possible suspects left and right. I mean in the end we ordos need to do that because wolves only play carefully taking care not to arouse too many bad feelings and the gifteds need some cover as well. So who makes the suspicions and forces people to defend themselves so that we can judge whether they are innocentish or wolvish? I mean that was the reason why I started hesitating on Nerwen in the end: the "examination" turned her to look more innocent than evil. A lot of suspicion every once in a while leads into someone cleaning her/his name as well...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #770
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Yeah I find Fea most entertaining when I am modding....
My goal is simply to please, love. I pouted when everybody all but ignored my demented Seer-reveal. My poor roommates had to hear about it. They know how melodramatic I can be, but they must have died when I wandered around sulking and they asked what was wrong: "I told them that I both am and am not the Seer and they're ignoring me."

At that point, I was sooooo curious what would happen if I did it. It was a split second decision to cause a stir...

And Mith- I fully intend to entertain you on your next Goddess stint.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #771
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ooooh *anticipating mayhem* I like...

Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #772
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I pouted when everybody all but ignored my demented Seer-reveal.
I was really itching to write a long post about what your role could be and what your goals and risks were in each scenario. I only restrained myself because, as a wolf, I didn't want to break the unwritten innocent-rule to not discuss giftedness. As an ordo, I definitely would have.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote