The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2003, 10:37 PM   #1
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril All I can say is... Wow!(ROTK)

Well, we still have a long, long time to wait... but it seems that some ROTK things are starting to appear online.<BR>Check out this calendar! There are some breathtaking photos! <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1041895042" TARGET=_blank>http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1041895042</A> <P>If the link above stops working you can also view it here: <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1419&item=33046557 91" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1419&item=33046557 91</A><p>[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Tigerlily Gamgee ]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thankyou Tigerlily Gamgee!<P>Sam holding Frodo looks great!<BR>Denethor interesting too.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:03 AM   #3
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Is that Denothor in the lower left corner?
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:07 AM   #4
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Oh my Gosh! , I have just seen those photos today, but I did not know they were auctioning the calender off, I would love to buy it. But because these photos came out, the price is going to go up very quickly<P>Those pictures are amazing , That one of Frodo and Sam, ahhhhh!, just the way I imagined it when I read the book, that is going to be such an emotional part of the movie. And everything else looks just spectacular, I can't wait <p>[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-07-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

AAHHHHHH!!!!!!<P>Wowsers I'm speechless. Considering how I have turette's that says something <P>Tigerlilly, once again one of your posts has left me very happy. HAPPY!!!<P>That pic of Aragorn is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! ALL HAIL THE KING!!! LOOK AT HIS SWORD!<P>Those pics are incredible. Now I'm hurting because I really, REALLY can't contain myself because I'm going stoopid waiting for this next film....
Old 01-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #6
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Let me echo your sentiments Tigerlily, WOW!<P>But of course, the imagery from these films is always good...must not get too excited...must tell self to remember how good the Faramir pictures looked... Weeeeeeeee!!! Seriously, though, the pics look great.<P>But I will nitpick. Am I the only one who thinks that Elves wouldn't wear red (Arwen pic)? And what in Arda is that second picture of? <P>I loved the picture of Frodo with the Phial. Whew, it looks like he won't be dropping it on the ground and falling backwards <I>*coughWeathertopcough*</I>. I'm not a stickler about Frodo, {my weakness} but I'm just as happy to see him facing danger as anyone else would be...
Old 01-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #7
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hey, the Frodo in that picture with the Phial definitely looks better than the wimpy version we've gotten before! Hope springs eternal.....
Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 AM   #8
Melime
Pile O'Bones

Melime has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This has definitally made my Tuesday! Just from these pics the movie looks like it's going to be absoultly amazing! How do they expect us to wait for a whole 'nother year?
Melime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #9
Thingol1000
Animated Skeleton

Thingol1000 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The picture of Aragorn leading his army (Pelanor Fields?, or the second battle befor Mordor? Who cares ) is so cool! I hope he has Arwens banner!
Thingol1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:51 PM   #10
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

diamond, you might be right about Elves not wearing red, but that is one <B>fantastic</B> dress - and doesn't it look good on Liv? Those sleeves are out of this world! I want the pattern...<P>Thanks for some great pics, Tigerlily!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
Frieda
Haunting Spirit

Frieda has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frieda
Sting

VERY nice pictures. Thank you for posting them. ^_^<P>Hopefully we can get a better look at them sometime though...<P>But from what I can see they look very nice. I especially like the ones with Frodo and the Gollum one.
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:14 PM   #12
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

If that is Denethor (which it is) then I'll eat my hat! <BR>I'm not generally one to go on Predjudices, but<P>NO WAY.<P>
Old 01-07-2003, 05:13 PM   #13
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<P>OMG!!!!!! It's when Frodo gets hurt!! Ah, I think I'm going to cry already!! I cannot wait even more. OMG, I have got to show these pics to my friend at school. He will die over them. Omg, I can just immagine Sam's face when that happens. Oh, I'm going to go crazy now. My favorite part of the book is coming!!!!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:37 PM   #14
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OMG!!!!!!!! ThatS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Now I really can't wait till ROTK!!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:38 PM   #15
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Holy wow! Those are awesome! Frodo is on December, yay! This year it's Gimli...pfft. LoL. Sweeeeet.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:54 PM   #16
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

*crys* *drools* *wipes eyes and nose on sleeve* *realizes she is a drippy mess and goes to ponder over potential greatness of RotK*<BR>Definetly WOW! The Sam holding Frodo pic is my favorite. And that beautiful picture of Eowyn... @_@ Poetry. Pure and Simple.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:53 PM   #17
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Reminds me of how far RotK is. Oh so long *pout*
Old 01-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #18
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Ahh! I love the picture of Sam holding Frodo... :'(
Old 01-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #19
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou! You're so wonderful Tigerlily! I can't wait to show all my friends these wonderful pics you've found! *sighs* Why does ROTK have to be so far away?!?
Old 01-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #20
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Whew, it looks like he won't be dropping it on the ground and falling backwards *coughWeathertopcough*. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>He seems to be getting stronger, yes... and at one point a rather deeper than normal voice came out of nowhere in TTT ("You will lead us to the Black Gate"... dang!). He almost fell over in TTT, but it looks like he's getting a better grip on his balance. That's good. <BR>I hope that they keep in the Elvish phrase that he yells while holding the phial.<P>And, yes, the Frodo and Sam pic is... well, it's just.... *sob*
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #21
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Silmaril

Those pictures are absolutely amazing! Thank you so much Tigerlily. My fave would have to be the Aragorn picture

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote