The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #2361
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
MOUNT ZOOM?

Does it mean that Alien is so forgetful that he forgot about the bus completely, or is it that he remembered the bus, and it's the revelation of Mount Zoom's origins? Now that's what I'd call a revelation.
That wasn't what I had in mind, but it's an interesting idea...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #2362
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
That wasn't what I had in mind, but it's an interesting idea...
Yes, that's the first thing I thought of. I'll continue to interpretate Alien's words in that way, I think it's cool...

Nevertheless, with Morsul on board (literally), I wonder who else is there who had not been introduced yet (aside from my favourite, Mr. Mop, of course).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #2363
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Indeed, I haven't followed the comic for some time now, and didn't you your brother took over the artwork department.
He is really talented though, I can't imagine ever doing something like that in Paint.

Once my exams are all done I'll have to take a look in the P&A archive to get up to date.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #2364
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Indeed, I haven't followed the comic for some time now, and didn't you your brother took over the artwork department.
He is really talented though, I can't imagine ever doing something like that in Paint.

Once my exams are all done I'll have to take a look in the P&A archive to get up to date.
Well, you really have a LOT to catch up with... but at least you can read it all at once and would not be troubled by "ugh, I have to week until the next issue is released"...

And maybe, as it all will be fresh in your memory when you read it, you might spot something which others didn't... (Or then your brain will be overflowed with the nonsense and, fittingly and to Mr. Editor-in-Chief's great delight, explode.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #2365
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
My sympathies to Mr Wilber. It is indeed hard to make a living when you are terrifying ghostly creature in a black hood. But he does have a fine hat.

Ah yes, Kurdistan. It was so easy. Such a shame I won't be able to rule it now that TheGreatElvenWarrior poisoned me with cyanide. The recovery is going to take a while. Epic article Lottie! I'd rep you for it but I have to spread the love around some more before I can give to you again.
I put that cyanide in your drink. Remember? Out at that restaurant the other night? Or maybe you don't, 'cause you're dead.

Don't you always have to spread the love?

Also, I thought that Alien was going to say Mount Zoom as well. I was absolutely positive.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #2366
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Now The Phantom and Gertrude are back in the city and ready for chaos and stuff...

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

On Monday we'll see how Peter and Death get along. Once Death has recovered from his hang-over, I expect... This could take a while.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #2367
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Awww . . . the 'house' is back! It's almost as adorable as Mr Mopp.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 03-03-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Rassilon
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #2368
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Awww . . . the 'house' is back! It's almost as adorable as Mr Mopp.
For a second I thought you meant Hugh Laurie was in this episode and I hadn't spotted him.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #2369
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
For a second I thought you meant Hugh Laurie was in this episode and I hadn't spotted him.
Nope, sorry. Did you plan to put House the Very Large Mouse in or did your brother put him in on his own initiative? He defiantly deserved to come back at least once more.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #2370
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles are writing a novel which will eventually kill them

Quote:
Look! I'm littering!
BEST P & A line ever! Then again, Morsul's evil mayonnaise was pretty amazing too. Littering definitely takes the cake...er...chips for this volume.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #2371
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

That was great. Mis Collins will certainly be taken down very soon.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #2372
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Another early post as I have to actually wake up tomorrow...

Now it's time for Death to come to his senses...

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Make sure to catch up on P&A because the story is going to get a LOT weirder in the next few episodes. You'll want to see Monday's episode; THE LEGEND OF THE GOLDEN BUS!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #2373
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

...well that was cool.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #2374
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
NOT AGAIN!!
Ooh. Does this happen to poor Death often?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #2375
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Your Thursday Phalian comes a little early...

So, the secret is out! The title of this volume DOES refer to something vaguely to do with the story. Yep, the King Bus is going to have its day and importance.
If you guess what it will be, I will PM you a treat.

See you on Monday when Morsul's hatred burns brighter!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #2376
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Exactly his kind of bus! Great dialogue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Yep, the King Bus is going to have its day and importance.
If you guess what it will be, I will PM you a treat.
Hmmm... two possibilities I can think of right now:
1. It's going to road-kill Philip so that Peter can inherit the hooded cloak;
2. It's going to road-kill EVERYONE (except Alien, of course) so that they become properly wraithed.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #2377
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
This is starting to sound vaguely like a TV show with a certain actor by the name of David Hasselhoff.....
Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #2378
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My guess: Sir King Bus kills everyone and drives them to the Downs.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #2379
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dark-Eye

Plan A: Since it's called the Golden Bus Ticket, perhaps they are not able to get on the King Bus unless they find the golden ticket first. And this ticket is of course hidden in Alien's super cool tie. Or a Willy Wonka chocolate bar.

Plan B: The Golden Bus is discovered by Peter who is then threatened by the angry duo of Morsul and Death (who both want revenge on Philip), and is forced to run over his own father, thus becoming The Phantom.

Plan C: The King Bus is controlled by an evil pink kitten that wants to kill Alien for eating his BFF the Pheasant.

It's obvious which is most likely.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #2380
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Plan C: The King Bus is controlled by an evil pink kitten that wants to kill Alien for eating his BFF the Pheasant.
*facepalm* You know, in hindsight, it really does seem obvious...
Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #2381
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Dark-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
*facepalm* You know, in hindsight, it really does seem obvious...
I know, right? Not sure why you other guys didn't think of it first.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #2382
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestieWilwa
Are you SURE you've never watched Glee?? Cuz this is sounding like Sue Sylvester plan!! Bahahaha!!

I'm sticking with my Night Rider theory...or maybe it's combination of Night Rider, Charlie and Chocolate Factory and having it's own Barrow-Downs twist!?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #2383
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Are you SURE you've never watched Glee?? Cuz this is sounding like Sue Sylvester plan!! Bahahaha!!
Haha, no. But I have read your signature, so it may have sublimily (sp? haha) come out in this plan. But who doesn't love an evil kitten, like really?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #2384
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Hmmm... two possibilities I can think of right now:
1. It's going to road-kill Philip so that Peter can inherit the hooded cloak;
2. It's going to road-kill EVERYONE (except Alien, of course) so that they become properly wraithed.
I'm afraid its much, much sillier than that.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #2385
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
I'm afraid its much, much sillier than that.
Phantom and Alien? Silly? No, never.

How about the King Bus is the ticket to the next, greater bus. That bus will bring Miss Collins back to life (through means only known to the Bus and Alien), Alien will be in on the plot. Unfortunately, since Alien was the one who killed Miss Collins to begin with (yes, that is the story that I am sticking to), he will find another, bloodier way of killing her again. When he's finished with that, she becomes another inhabitant of the Barrow-Downs. Afterwards, the Phantom gets to miss Collins, but by that time Alien is already there. So, mega battle time! That is when the BUS runs over the whole lot of them and kills them. Then it is off to the Barrow-Downs!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #2386
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

You people are being subjected to another early Downer... Because I'm ill. And have to wake up tomorrow morning.

Can The Phantom and Morsul work out their differences?

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

The one thing I love about writing P&A is the fact that there really are no heroes. It's just a chorus of villains all being inept and self serving.
I suppose it depends on how you count Alien. I'm not entirely sure he's familiar with either concept to be honest...
Old 03-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #2387
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Well, I have to give Collins some credit. Buses weren't on fire in my day.
So true. So true. Morsul should run the bus company, no?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 AM   #2388
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
So true. So true. Morsul should run the bus company, no?
I don't think Morsul can run very fast it those little legs.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #2389
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I don't think Morsul can run very fast it those little legs.
Mm, good point. Drive it, perhaps?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #2390
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Um, sorry this is late. Hectic things happening.

Today, Lalwende returns! To deliver some strange news...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Come back on monday for episode 085: Aunt Bob!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #2391
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Wasn't the first ever episode of PandA at a funeral? Alien tried to tell a joke or something....
Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #2392
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wasn't the first ever episode of PandA at a funeral? Alien tried to tell a joke or something....
Your memory serves you well.
Also, read episode 50 of volume one. That'll give a little more background.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #2393
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Yeah, it's all coming together now...
By the way, why do I have a strange feeling that Aunt Bob isn't even dead yet?
Shouldn't be a problem, however; somebody's gonna take care of her/him.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #2394
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

*twiches and whimpers because can not see images on school computer and does not want to wait for another three and a half hours*

EDIT: I can read it now! Ha! I love how Cardinal Mardinal gets drunk off Old Milk.

Last edited by Loslote; 03-18-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #2395
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Now, now, yeah! It seems to me that we are getting close to an important turning point! At least the funeral of Aunt Bob was, in the original PA, the place where it all started! I am quite interested to see what happens next...
Old 03-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #2396
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

These are going to be early from now on for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. I gots me this job that, shock horror, means I have to wake up on a Monday morning. Boo!

The infamous funeral draws near! Those of you familiar with your P&A mythology should be getting excited right about now...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

We'll check in on Peter and Death on Thursday! Lets see how those two crazy characters get along. Gosh! I've just noticed! There are four episodes in a row without ALIEN! How did that happen?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 03-25-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #2397
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Aunt Bob rocks. I love how xe has male pattern balding...
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #2398
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am quite liking this pink church. There needs to be more of them. AND BOB! Oh this IS exciting!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #2399
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

EEEEeeeep! Sorry guys! I'm very busy at the moment so I almost forgot about P&A today. Hope you're not angry.

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Come back on Monday to catch up with Alien and his whole... um... Whatever. I'm not even sure I remember what's going on any more. OR DO I!?!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #2400
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles are bemoaning the end of Spring Break....

Oh trampolines. I sprained my ankle on one once...though it didn't stop me from jumping on them again months later.

Tsk tsk Death, you should know better than to drink on the job, unless you're moonlighting as a wine taster.