Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #401
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Personally for me it is not "an as soon as possible " thing... more that I want a good end rather than it to just die. The splinter group works better for my char.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #402
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Carthor's gonna stick this one out, as usual. Just depends on whether he's still got that special something with the sword...
Old 07-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #403
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
So can we start the snowfield phase this week? Let's set a dateline; how about we close the phase by 17 Jul? That will be the end of next week.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #404
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Ah, Faerim'll stick with the elves, as per usual A plea, Saurreg, O Most Mighty Organiser: could we maybe extend it a week longer than that? I will be away from the 13th to the 17th on a Halle (choir) residential course, off doing singing and working far to hard and singing and eating copious amounts of biscuits. And singing. So I'm reliably informed. *blinks* So yes, anyway, I will unfortunately be unable to play. However, I do want to see the end of this game, so could we possibly hang it on for another week and I'll play it to the end?

Hoping this is possible,
-Aman
Old 07-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #405
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

Well, the dateline for the different phases hasn't been set yet so I you can do what you must but do check in from time to time. Mighty Organiser, hmm...

Mighty Rearranger? Ok, wishful thinking.

We are really going about without a concrete script. But right now we have got to get the RPG back in momentum again.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #406
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
I will be away from internet for about three or four days, so please bear with me.

Regards,

Osse
Old 07-10-2005, 06:02 AM   #407
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

No prob osse. Cya!

If anyone wants to post some descriptive ot P2P Role-play do it now. We'll be moving along shortly after my character's audience with the King.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #408
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Daftly long post duly made, O Mighty Saurreg. Beautiful posts by the way, I love your description of the snow and the stars...

Well, that's one character duly killed off - Osse, is my killing of Brander alright with you? It just seemed a perfect opening to get rid of one character, brutal as that definitely sounds...Mithalwen, I hope I have handled your character alright?

A current list of players is (correct me if I'm wrong):
  • Aman
  • Mithalwen
  • Saurreg
  • Nilpaurion
  • Osse
  • Garen
  • Arry - cameo

Alaklondwen has made her excuses on another thread for her withdrawal from the Downs (RL reasons) and I think we can safely assume Kransha has done a runner. Concerning other characters, I am going to PM Lalwende now: she is still an active user and I rather liked her character, so well, we may as well try to retrieve her. Similarly, CaptainofDespair and Nuranar will be PM'd. I'll be nice, don't worry, I'm not going to violently hastle anyone! Probably...
Old 07-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #409
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I have responded to your PMs, Aman and Saurreg. However, I should note that they differ in a minute, and yet strangely important way.

I told Saurreg "no", and Aman "maybe". Just to clarify, since another round of PMs would be a wasteful task, I will post here.

It'll be a quicky, I promise...

As some of you may now know, I have returned from my hasty withdrawal, to partake in another game, as a cameo character. I guess that triggered the PMs.

In any case, the cameo is due to my lack of time, due to my current state of affairs. And, the same shall apply to this, if I return. Thus, we get my confused responses. In order for me to participate, yet again, I will need some things from you folks who have time. I asked this Aman, but if any others would care to take this up, a PM with a quick summary* of the current state and progress of the game would suffice to reorient me. Then, and only then, may I reconsider.

*The summary may consist of as few lines as possible, as long as it gives me the gist of the game in its currect situation.

-CoD
Old 07-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #410
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*slavering

yummmmm . . . tasty two-leggeds . . . toothsome treats . . . & horses . . .
Old 07-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #411
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Absolutely beautifully

I have (finally) filled my save, appropriately I hope, if not,will tinker also a response to Faerim which I hope is satisfactory.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #412
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

This is mid week. Can we start the trek by the weekend?

There is also the unresolved matter on characters of players who are no longer actively participating...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #413
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

I'm back and getting up to date...
Old 07-16-2005, 07:21 AM   #414
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

I have something in the works for Carthor... but I need Saurreg to agree to change his last post just a tiny bit.

Carthor will accompany the King in his travel to the North, as the new captain of his bodyguard... which means it'll be cold.

Osse
Old 07-17-2005, 09:46 AM   #415
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Let's get those SAVEs filled in please.

NIlpaurion - please clear your PM's.

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 07-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #416
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

My post is filled, but wont' quite fit perfectly unless Belegorn hears of Carthor's appointment to the King's party in the royal tent.

I guess, with Carthor off on his own, and messed up, this means that I will be posting quite seperate from the rest of the group... up in the Ice floes etc.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:49 AM   #417
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

I have put up a save. Hopefully, I will fill it tonight, but more likely tomorrow, hence the message that accompanies the save.

Anyhow, just to run this by everyone, I will post what I think I will be posting about. Should anything be incorrect, or something, I can change it before I type up the post. I will be backtracking somewhat, both to catch my character up, and myself.

-Mitharan's refusal to join the group in the Blue Mountains.
-Yet another refusal to serve the King, having grown weary of 'stuff' (vague, yes, but purposeful).
-A lonesome march, upon which he collapses, and is found on the 'trek' to Mithlond/Death/Havens.
-More 'stuff' about the trek.

If there is anything I should add/change prior to posting, that would be valuable to my post, please tell me.

It has been way too long...
Old 07-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #418
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wolf, here . . . at your service . . .

Who can my pack and I munch on? Who's fair game?

-- Arry
Old 07-19-2005, 04:44 AM   #419
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

Osse - I have included a reference to Carthor in my post. But I think you would have to edit your post because Belegorn does not meet with carthor.

Arry - I should think you can kill off Alak's, Lal's and Nurunar's characters.

Sorry life's been a bit hectic, i'll try to post ASAP. Could someone move us on?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #420
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Yikes....

I am indeed here. Aman very kindly PM'd me last week, and RL has been out of control since then. I've just now finished catching up on both game and discussion.

I sha'n't insult the collective intelligence with excuses. Suffice it to say that it seems my subscribed thread notifications disappeared en route. I still don't know what happened...

Just a quick note right now, since I'm still processing what has happened and is being planned, besides sorting out all the emotions of the characters still on board. Osse, would you explain why you had Lissi pull away from Carthor when he wanted to comfort her? I can come up with something, but I'd like to know what you were thinking before I try.

And, uh, I'd really, on the whole, rather not be wolf-bait. I'm dedicated to finishing the game, whether my character dies or not... but since I just finished all the effort of catching up, I'd like to make a little more of a contribution, dontcha know. I take it there will be some survivors who make it to Mithlond? Although Lissi, as the mother of a hero, is in an archetypically dangerous position.

Many thanks,
Nuranar
Old 07-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #421
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

My save has been filled. I've left it up to the survivors to find poor Mitharan, resting in the snow.

If anything needs to be fixed, do tell.

~CoD~
Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #422
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The wolves are on their way to spying out their next meal.

On their way, they've decided to pass on the bedraggled figure of Mitharan lying in the snow.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:45 AM   #423
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Nuranar: Check your PM's
Saurreg: I figured, with Belegorn looking for Carthor anyways and only being interrupted by his summons to the King's tent, upon hearing of Carthor's appointment as the new leader of the King's Guard, he'd rush off and try to disuade him from leaving... sorry but I sort of used Belegorn a lot in my post, I could change it to another non PC soldier or someone, but I don't think it would have the effect...

What would you like me to do, if you want i can just change the whole thing.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 AM   #424
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

No-no-no-no...by all means take Alak's character, she isn't coming back for RL reasons, but just hold back on devouring Lal's character yet - she was one of the three who I PM'd, and said she would consider coming back. Admittedly, that was about ten days ago, but there is hope from that front. So just...hang on! I shall send a quick prompt...

Nuranar! Glad to see you back - thank you
Quote:
lthough Lissi, as the mother of a hero, is in an archetypically dangerous position
Oo-er?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #425
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks, Osse - I'll reply shortly.

Quote:
Quote:
lthough Lissi, as the mother of a hero, is in an archetypically dangerous position
Oo-er?
I thought that would get a rise from you. I'm refering to the (often untimely) death of the protagonist's mother prior to many stories. For example, Frodo and Harry Potter. There was a very interesting discussion about it a couple years ago.

At this point I have only vague ideas about a post. Should I try to provide a hook-up for Lal? Please let me know if you get a response from her, Aman. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #426
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

An interesting idea indeed, dearest mother-mine, an interesting idea indeed...*evil* Lal said that she wasn't sure how to get back into the game, hence her uncertainty of how to return, so if you could provide a 'hook-up' Nuranar, that would be great - and if you wanted to PM her and just make her aware of what you had done if you decide to do so... And even if Lal chooses not to return, the entrance can just be altered and her absence can be made more permanent.

Good lord, sorry, didn't mean to sound quite so threatening there...
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #427
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think you're better with the idea-hatching, m'dear, so if you have some evil ideas for my poor character, PM me. *sigh* It's a shame, I'm really rather fond of her now...

I'll plan on incorporating Renedwen somehow, then. What about the little people - her son and Gilly? I hate to kill people off, and it certainly wouldn't do Renedwen's mental state any good. But realistically, babies and small children in battle are an insurer's nightmare! If Brander went west, why not one (or both!) of them?

And yes, whatever she chooses - and delaying to choose = no return - we can work her character in or out. I've carried her a little bit, and thought about her a lot, so I think I could manage that best of anyone.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #428
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

. . . sigh . . . no one wants to die . . .

Well, then, the poor wolfies will simply drag down and haul off some anonymous two leggeds and you can name them or not.

-- Arry
Old 07-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #429
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

There is Alak still if Elves aren't too stringy to appeal to wolves..

Old 07-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #430
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aman has PM'd me to see if I still want to be involved - and if you'll still have me, then yes I would like to be. Long as you don't all throw things at me... oh go on then, you can chuck some rotten fruit.

I'm just catching up with what's happening, but I reckon it might be feasible that my character has done little so far, with those kids to look after. I might have her be attacked, which would be a good way to get her into the game again, I'm afraid she was a little lost when it came to strategies. I'd especially like to write in a good death scene if that's the way it all ends up...
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #431
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

*hurls rotten tomatoes and boos appreciatively from the back of the auditorium* Welcome back, Lal

Now we could always kill Renedwen's son and have Gilly survive...wow, survey that twist of bitter fate...*evil* But otherwise, besides Alak's character, there are always various minor characters who have been merely mentioned throughout - soldiers and the like, carry-alongs whose deaths would seem a little less unimportant than 'anonymous two-leggeds', whilst at the same time really making very little difference. For example Nevhith, a fourteen year old soldier introduced by Saurreg, although maybe he could be kept for comedy value; Serrane, an older, experienced soldier and colleague and friend of Carthor who I briefly introduced in post #166 - I had a few vague plans for him, but nothing I'm too attached to. *shrugs* Just a thought...
Old 07-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #432
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nilp, Has Bethiril gone with the king? Will leave my post ambiguous....

Old 07-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #433
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've got some fermenting pears on the ground beneath our trees outside... But as much fun as it would be to chunk them at you, Lal, I'd rather stalk the thievin' squirrels with an airsoft pistol. And really, who am I to throw stones?

Don't mean to mimic bloodthirsty Aman but I'm all in favor of losing one or both of the kids. They're a lot of excess baggage for Renedwen to tote around. Seriously, with children you're saddled with carry-along characters that you can't easily drop by the way. It might be easier to write if you only had your character to deal with.

Aman does make a good point about the other characters who've been created. Even if Arry's beasts don't get one of the [currently] played characters, we don't have to invent new ones. To be extra evil... wouldn't the nasty wolves like something young and tender?

Lal, I'm not going to be able to post today, although tomorrow's likely.
Quote:
my character has done little so far, with those kids to look after. I might have her be attacked,
Why don't you just decide what you want to do with the kids and write it up? They could've been killed (or lost) in the tunnels, or something could happen with the wolves (per Arry's OK, I guess). Work Lissi in if you want to.

Aman, I don't think Faerim or Lissi have interacted in quite a while. Any thoughts on how he's feeling toward her, or even if he's thought of her at all? He seems pretty preoccupied with Elves at present.

Just mi dos pesetas, take it or leave it.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #434
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Mithalwen:

Bethiril's going with you, then she's going with the ships.

Sorry about leaving that ambigious . . .
Old 07-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #435
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've posted, although I'm afraid it's not much. Either Lal or Aman can link up with the end of it; I'd love to interact with either of you. I need to sign off and I couldn't think of a better way to end it.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #436
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Nuranar, I've replied to your link - I hope this is alright
Old 07-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #437
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just perfect, m'dear. I'm glad you responded... I was beginning to fear I had killed both threads at one fell swoop!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #438
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Not at all - I've been away is all (in London in the BBC Proms, doncha know! ), or I would have replied earlier
Old 07-28-2005, 05:18 AM   #439
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm hoping to get something up today if possible. I'm planning on a simple post describing the effects of the hunger, cold, hardship etc. Also it will just update on my character a bit, and what has happened to the boys. The desperate situation should have given her a kick up the whatsit in any case. It will leave possibilities open for anyone who wants to involve my character in any future nastiness, I hope...

I presume hunger is a rather big issue right now? And just to clarify, where are we heading off to next (not so important for this post, but I need to be sure for future ones), and when? I like the ominous approach of the wolves And Lissi being left alone might give an opportunity for some new interactions too. I can also see Faerim more than proving his mettle now he is one of the few soldiers left (not that he hasn't already, give him a medal, poor lad!).
Old 07-30-2005, 02:27 AM   #440
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dūm

I intend to move the story along tomorrow if that's fine with everyone. Is it?