Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #841
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Don't worry, folks - it's not *really* the End of All Things! I hope all the members of the Itship will gather courage, strength and ideas to fight this great, final battle. Suggestions for the various characters: a "wool-over-the-eyes" business scheme from Kuru; a one-up-manship bragging contest between Chrysie and the other dragons; some computer trickery from Gatesy; poetry or arrow-throwing spells from Vogy; food fight from Pimpi - or would that be just too cruel? And who can predict what Leninia might have up her flowing sleeves?! For that matter, I hope my meagre suggestions will inspire you to come up with improvements! Mith, are you going to use Gravlox in this situation?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #842
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Sorry. No wool-over-the-eyes business scheme yet.

Kuruharan has his supercilious side too, you know.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #843
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I just read your post after writing the above, Kuru - and had several good laughs over Donkey Hoté and the windmills! What fun! Great job - now who's next?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #844
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
most excellent posts, all, very enjoyable!

I do have a nit-pick, though. In the Ent-Cylopedia of names-that-have-been-named, the hidden city was already called "Mandolin". Although, Gondola is pretty good. Just thought I'd mention it. As if we cared about consistency...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:23 AM   #845
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Shucks, Thena - Tolkien gave his characters and places multiple names so often, I'm sure this was done on purpose!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #846
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Gateskeeper has weighed in for the battle. Flame away!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #847
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

What a hilarious post, Thena! I loved the ridiculous conversation between O2 and Vogy, also the Gatesy the White scene, but the tactical maneuver takes the cake! Spells of delay and time-wasting indeed!! (Not that I would know anything about those... ahem!) Thanks for a great contribution!

OK, the battle rages, courageous deeds are done, but remember, it's not over until the fat lady... Um, I mean until Yawanna comes.

Now, where are Diamond and Lush??

*pokes Mith for an answer to her previous question*
Quote:
Mith, are you going to use Gravlox in this situation?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #848
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I could. Or you could. I'll see what I can think up.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #849
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

With the general resusitation of the dead in full swing, perhaps it is time for the reappearances of Sasser the electric drake and a certain zerl of Gravlox's acquaintance...
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #850
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had not forgotten about either. And it was a bunny, not a zerl...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:09 AM   #851
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Quote:
it was a bunny, not a zerl...
Alzheimer's is a terrible thing.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #852
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I was just starting to write my post, when, unfortunately, inspiration struck (and it hurt too). As a result, my post will be delayed a day. The good news is that you all will not be subjected to a parody of Surrey With a Fringe on Top (Rogers and Hammerstein).
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #853
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

OK. Next?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #854
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Your inspiration is always worth waiting for, Mith! (Though I can't help wondering what the "other" song parody would have been like.) Lovely violence, heroic fighting, and a hilarious variation on the Eagle theme! Thanks for activating Gravlox once again - and Merisu with him. Her despair couldn't last long, could it?!

I've contacted Diamond and Lush (the latter is travelling, so I'm not sure when she'll be able to post) in hopes of eliciting contributions from them before wrapping things up with Yawanna's final blow - or whatever.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #855
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm here. I'll have a post up, ummmm, eventually. Esty, I'm going to send you a PM with a request, soon as I hit "post" here. (Well, actually, it's "Submit Reply".)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #856
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
... and the Trekian technobabble about the time continuum
Ahem! "Whovian", please. As are the metal monsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena
I do have a nit-pick, though. In the Ent-Cylopedia of names-that-have-been-named, the hidden city was already called "Mandolin". Although, Gondola is pretty good. Just thought I'd mention it. As if we cared about consistency...
Ah, but what of Tintin Rumbaba and the alternative seven sons of Feeblenor? Cohesive plot? Consistency? Pah!

The battle is going nicely. I have a post or two in mind for it, but would prefer to wait until others post first. Surely there's ample scope to milk this one? First Age heroes, Smug the Complacent, Werewolves and a Vampire vamp, not to mention the aforementioned metal monsters.

Greedhog needs to be dealt with too at some point. I shall include his foray into the field of battle in one of my posts.

The final (?) confrontation with the Big Bad Bildur probably ought to wait until Yawanna arrives ...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #857
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Quote:
Werewolves and a Vampire vamp, not to mention the aforementioned metal monsters.
...We did the Mash.
We did the Monster Mash.
The Monster Mash.
It was a graveyard smash...

Oh, and Diamond, feel free to make use of Gravlox's bunny (reincarnated of course, unless someone stashed him somewhere).
Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #858
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithadan
Oh, and Diamond, feel free to make use of Gravlox's bunny (reincarnated of course, unless someone stashed him somewhere).
Harvey is quite dead. Cause: Death By Dragon.

Another former member of the Itship who met a similar end was Norni, the dwarfling that the Itship met somewhere along the line.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:20 AM   #859
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Esty,

I've just read your message on my blog; I'm having a really crazy week, it's the season of birthdays (mine, my mom's, aunt's, cousin's, and hopefully soon my baby niece/nephew), and I'm totally burned out, but I should have something by the week's end.

Kissy kissy to all.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #860
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Ahem! "Whovian", please. As are the metal monsters.
I do humbly beg your pardon! Unfortunately, we've not seen those here...

Quote:
The battle is going nicely. I have a post or two in mind for it, but would prefer to wait until others post first. Surely there's ample scope to milk this one?
You're very welcome to post as often as you have a good idea for the battle! We're still looking forward to Di and Lush's posts; after all have posted at least once, I can have Yawanna finish the battle off any time. So please do say so if you want to post more.

Quote:
The final (?) confrontation with the Big Bad Bildur probably ought to wait until Yawanna arrives ...
Precisely! I have already made my plans for that.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #861
The Squatter of Amon Rűdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rűdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rűdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rűdh
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
It is done. And if it was good enough for Dickens, it must be good enough for Etceteron. I hope Squatter somewhere in cyberspace gets a good laugh.
Surely that should be somewhen. The mills of Squatter grind slow, and not always terribly small, but sooner or later some things get done around here. Hence lo! I caught up with events in Muddled Mirth this weekend. I did indeed have a good laugh, although I don't guarantee that I won't resurrect the character at some point in the future for disturbed reasons of my own. Why, I wonder, does nobody share my taste for the quiet, noble dignity of being crushed by a falling safe?

I hope that it's a compliment to you all that I missed writing for REB as I read. It's a good thing that I haven't been, though, since little enough work has been done this year as it is. It's good to see you rushing toward a suitably unlikely conclusion: good luck with the remainder of the Quest.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #862
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squatter of Amon Rűdh
Why, I wonder, does nobody share my taste for the quiet, noble dignity of being crushed by a falling safe?
because it takes a special sort to laugh at the fate of spermatozoa?

Last edited by Bęthberry; 08-06-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #863
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Nice to see you peeking in, Squatter - and likewise, Bb! Our mills grind rather slowly as well; we're still waiting for Diamond and Lush to post; now Kuru has a save up, and Thena and Saucy want to write battle posts before I finish off. I hope some of this will happen in the next week or two, while I'm away - whatever's not up by then will not happen. My final battle post will go up before the end of August. Then we will wrap with the reunification.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #864
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Quote:
Then we will wrap with the reunification.
Wait a minute! Reunification? There will really be a reunification? I thought that was just a joke...

I'm going to have to go back and change all my posts from the beginning on...
Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #865
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithadan
Wait a minute! Reunification? There will really be a reunification?
Of course there will be - the reunification of Muddled-Mirth under the benevolent rule of Môgul Bildűr.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm hoping to make a post or two on the battle while you are away, Esty. What do you have in mind for the final battle scene? Would you mind letting me know the gist?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #866
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Nothing easier than that, Saucy! Gist: Mogűl and his minions get their collective ***es kicked by Yawanna! It is the final defeat, of course. PM me if you need to know that in more detail...
Old 08-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #867
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots A great sound and fury signifying nothing.

Since this is possibly my last post of the story I felt the need to shoot down something lofty.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:05 AM   #868
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I can't

Guys, we just had to put our kitten to sleep, after four days of constantly struggling for his life and watching him get worse and worse.

I'm not sure if I will be able to write anything remotely funny or clever over the next week.

I think you might have to go ahead without me, especially if we are in a hurry. If anyone wants to take up Leninia's character and give her a nice send-off, they are more than welcome to.

If we haven't moved on, and I have snapped out of it in the next few days, I'll be happy to write something.

I'm really sorry. I know it seems stupid, grieving for a cat, but it just won't let me go at the moment. I'm a mess. Watching Archie suffer and spending sleepless nights by his side has been so draining. My hands keep shaking.

Esty, please let me know if Leninia can be put on hold, or if we have to wrap things up right away. I'll be more than happy to participate if I just have the chance to calm down a little bit and think happy thoughts.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:47 PM   #869
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Don't give up on Gatekeeper yet! I've lost my job, and in the flurry of packing up my stuff I forgot to forward my post-in-progress to my home address, so I'm trying to reconstitute it from memory. But it will be up within the next few days -- I hope by tomorrow, but I'll make no promise of that.

In the meantime, Saucy, go for it.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #870
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Since this is possibly my last post of the story...
What does that mean, Kuru? I do trust you're not leaving us so near to the end! I enjoyed your post tremendously - the Shakespearian touch is so fitting to one so noble as Chrysie!

Lush, I can understand - I've lost pets that were family members, one of them just this spring. You're entitled to time out if you need it. We'll go on without you but leave Leninia in, so that you can come back when you're able.

Saucy, I'm delighted to see that you've put up a save and look forward to your post!

Good luck with your reconstruction, Thena - don't worry! Sometimes rewriting from memory can actually improve a post.

I'm back home from my UK trip (which was absolutely fabulous, just to make you all jealous, with some very funny parody plays, such as the production of the 'Reduced Silmarillion Company') and am keeping a Velourian eye on developments here - i.e. I'm doing nothing! It will take me awhile to catch up with forum reading/moderating, so I doubt that I'll intervene unless something spontaneously comes to mind for Merisu.

In the meantime - Rim, are you still posting?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #871
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

But I thought we had reachéd the Grand Finale complete with fireworks, explosions, Yawanna swooping down from on high, and the 1812 Overture playing in the background.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #872
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Come on, this is an RPG based on Tolkien's LotR et al - that means multiple endings! You don't think the story will be over with Melvin's destruction, do you?! There's an Ent to be reunited, and a Mire out there to scour - or something...
Old 08-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #873
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
And in PJ style - there could, of course, be a wedding . . . or at least a fade to black, discretely worded, stay in a tawdry motel . . .

~*~ Pio

continuing to read along . . .
Old 08-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #874
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Ah, I see the source of confusion. I meant that it might possibly be my last post of this chapter of the story, then.

Quote:
discretely worded
What does this strange phrase mean?

Quote:
stay in a tawdry motel
Merisuwyniel has already sort of been down this particular road...a couple of times.

It was a few years ago though.

We should check...this might be one of the longest running RPG games in history.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #875
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Esty - Apologies for not having filled in my save. I want to do something with the Daleks, and have a few ideas, but need to give it some further thought.

I would also like to post once more for the battle before Yawanna arrives so, if that is the intended subject of your Save, would you mind if I put up another Save and you moved your Yawanna post after it?

Apologies again for my slowness. Normal service will soon be resumed (just as soon as the latest Werewolf game finishes ... ).
Old 08-25-2005, 08:59 AM   #876
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No problem, Saucy - my post is just an interlude and not the end of the battle. I was suddenly inspired by some developments on the forum and decided to work them into a post. You have time for posting; I've also attempted to contact Diamond in the hopes of eliciting a post from her, and Thena and Mith want to post as well, so there's no hurry and no worry.

Hope you all enjoy my post!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:04 PM   #877
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Oh, Esty, the things you have up your sleeves. You're a tricksome lass you are. And you having just met so recently those two Downers also.

Mistress Seamstress indeed.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #878
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Does anyone remember if we had a parody equivalent for 'Maiar'? Diamond's list on the first page of this thread doesn't include one, and all I can remember is the Toll-Maiar we had upon landing in Valleyum. Lacking an appropriate designation, I left the original word in my post.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #879
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Maya.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:02 PM   #880
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

One save completed. Another added.

Apologies to those who are not Whovians. But you did have your Trekkie stuff ...