The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #201
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I thought all the LOTR people looked very good. I personally don't like all the complaints about how Peter Jackson looked, because Peter Jackson is Peter Jackson. He is who he is, and it's not like he is an actor... he is the filmmaker, it is all about the art for him.
Yeah! Thats true, i saw him and he still looked the same and im like "What a champ!", hes an individual thats what, and Fran, shes a bigger champ I reckon and she pulled her outfit off nicely.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #202
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

This is a bit late, as it's already April, but o well.

I was so happy that they won 11 awards! It was so cool. Though I was surprised that PJ wasn't wearing shorts...

Kidding. I especially liked the intro with Billy Crystal, but it was really weird when they put his head onto Legolas's body. I was surprised that so few of the cast showed. Maybe they couldn't get tickets.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #203
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Maybe they couldn't get tickets.
Yeah, exactly right. And in addition many just couldn't (Orlando) or didn't (Viggo) want to go. I think some of the actors who had smaller parts most definitely wanted to come, but yes, they were way short with tickets (I think every nominee gets something like 3, and then the studio gets some). Actually when Fellowship was nominated Ian McKellen had to take Elijah Wood as a guest! He couldn't even get his own ticket.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:31 PM   #204
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
I don't understand why people who were in the movies cannot even get in to see the Oscars, yet people who had nothing to do with the movies up there that year get a billion pictures of them taken on the red carpet.

But now that that's said, we really are a paranoid bunch. Why did Sean Penn get a standing ovation? Because he's a much loved actor who many people thought deserved the Oscar. Why was Sofia Coppola given a standing ovation? Because she's a female director and scriptwriter, a rarity, and her family is big in that business.

When a movie wins every award to be won (it seems) people's hands are gonna get tired from all the clapping. And as someone else said, NO best picture gets standing ovations.

Last edited by Cibbwin; 04-07-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #205
TheBladeThatWasBroken
Animated Skeleton

TheBladeThatWasBroken has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBladeThatWasBroken
Sting

Quote:
I don't understand why people who were in the movies cannot even get in to see the Oscars, yet people who had nothing to do with the movies up there that year get a billion pictures of them taken on the red carpet
Ditto that. I couldn't see the whole thing live and had to wait for re-runs to come up, so before that, I tried satisfying myself by looking around Yahoo and MSN's photo galleries, and all I saw were Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, ...that other actress from Moulin Rouge whose name I suddenly forgot, the actress from Kill Bill whose name I also forgot suddenly, Liv Tyler, and one or two shots of Howard Shore, PJ, and Ian McKellen. So I thought out of the entire cas, only Liv and Ian McKellen went, it wasn't until I saw the re-runs that I noticed all four Hobbits. The photographers were so sexist! XP.

As for Liv Tyler's appearance that night... I like it, it was quite unique, though I don't think it was necessary for her to take 10-something seconds to put on the glasses, adjust them, and put her arms down in front of her. =_=
Here I set it, but I command you not to touch it, nor to permit any other to lay hand on it. In this elvish sheath dwells the Blade that was Broken and has been made again. Telchar first wrought it in the deeps of time. Death shall come to any man that draws Elendil's sword save Elendil's heir.
TheBladeThatWasBroken is offline   Reply With Quote