The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2002, 02:45 PM   #41
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

The movie made Rivendell look sooo beautiful...when i first saw it i thought it was my ideal of Heaven on Earth. But the Tolkien's description of Lorien blew me away. It's hard to pick now, where i'd really want to live...Rivendell is more friendly, for sure, and more openminded too, but Lorien was incredible...i don't know...but as for holidays..

I would TOTALLY visit Moria! The Bridge of Khazad Dum was my favorite chapter in Fellowship, i even liked it more than Lothlorien. Moria absolutely fascinated me because it is so vast and once-prosperous, and all the expansive dwarven cities underground ...the terrible majesty of the dwarven halls and the elaborate labyrinths and great pillars...it struck a chord of sadness in my heart because it was once so thriving and then fell to ruin and evil. But the dominion of evil in Moria could not completely destroy the grandeur and beauty that had once endured. I was fascinated because Moria was so beautiful and terrible and mysterious. I would really want to visit. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:46 PM   #42
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's a good question...I think I prefer Lothlorien, because it's so beautiful, and you have the Anduin right there, but Rivendell also seems pretty nice. That's a hard choice. I'd probably live in Lothlorien most of the time and then visit Rivendell occasionally.
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #43
Lomelinde
Haunting Spirit

Lomelinde has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I would probably want to live in Rivendell simply because it is a place of reflection and learning. I would love to study under Elrond and his house the old tales and yore, and there is also a lot more diversity. Men, dwarves and elves all pass through on a regular basis and Rivendell is open to everyone. Lorien is enclosed and cut off from the outside world but I would still go visit every now and then.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:22 AM   #44
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lothlorien for me, it is more natural, and I love trees. It also is more ancient and safe I think.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #45
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Lothlorien - I would really like to live there, but I would visit Rivendell as often as possiblr!

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 03:41 PM   #46
Mirkgirl
Haunting Spirit

Mirkgirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkgirl
Sting

None probably... not for me

But if I have to choose... I'd love to be close to Galadriel /the only smart elf/, but Rivendell is more lively... so Rivendell
"Hobbits! Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There's something mighty queer behind this."
Mirkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote