The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #3041
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If input is requested about the hunter I say give him/her ability to kill when they die so I agree with Eomer and Spawn.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #3042
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
With that support, there's no way we're getting lynched this time, tp.
Well, dear, if you continue to be a disappointment to your poor mother, I would not be so sure of that.

Seems like tp is insisting on making this the most uhm inter-related village ever. How am I ever to make matches if you are all cousins?

And Mormegil, Kitanna and Eomer already got my permission, which is all that matters. Anything to keep him away from that insane Lhuna person.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #3043
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
And Mormegil, Kitanna and Eomer already got my permission, which is all that matters. Anything to keep him away from that insane Lhuna person.
Ah, but you see your permission is neither valid nor wanted in this little situation. What say should you have as the proposed grooms Mother? I am the closest male decendent to the propsed bride and I shall have customs followed!!!! (4! ). Eomer has been nothing but flippant on the matter.

Quote:
Mormegil; but now that you mention it, it wouldn't make a bit of difference: we're an infatuated young couple who don't ask for permission.
I demand a redress of this insult or he shall have my vengence.

LMP so there really is no other point to familial ties than mirth and merry making...it's working well
Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #3044
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
And Sleepy Ranger is my uncle, my father's (Alca's) brother. Notice how it says Sleepy used to be a "wanderer", just as I am now? You see, it runs in the family.

And that would make Roa my aunt, and Caranlondien, Glirdan, and Lommy my cousins.
I refuse to be dragged into your dastardly scheme. Besides, as Jenny pointed out, we don't want to be too horribly inbred. Oh, I plan on voting for my family members as I see fit.

Quote:
CLARIFICATION! Each Day and Night will be only 24 hours long (unless it becomes clear that they need to be longer).
My mistake. I hadn't noticed the change.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #3045
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I refuse to be dragged into your dastardly scheme.
One, I would hardly call it a "dastardly scheme".

Two, I'm sorry, but you can't help it. You married Sleepy, who is most definitely my uncle. He is too much like me not to be related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Seems like tp is insisting on making this the most uhm inter-related village ever. How am I ever to make matches if you are all cousins?
You used to be a great match-maker, when there were a couple of neighboring villages.

But those villages got destroyed by Werewolves, leaving you with a very limited pool of options for match-making.
Quote:
mormegil ~ widower ~ retired mariner and currently mayor overseeing honorary functions
"Retired mariner", eh? Perfect.

Since I am a young adventurer, we are kindred spirits, morm, despite our difference in age. Over the years, I've spent many an evening in your house listening to your tales of danger and excitement on the high seas. In return, I have kept you up to date on the happenings in far places that I have seen on my adventures.

A few years ago, we agreed that before you died you would take to sea one last time, and take me with you and teach me all you know about sailing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
With that support, there's no way we're getting lynched this time, tp.
That's the idea, brother.

At first I was content to be a loner, but when I saw all of the unions taking place I realized being a loner would make me a target the first couple days. This isn't about making for a better story- this is about survival! I am desperately making every possible connection I can. It's been a looooong time since I played in a WW game, and I would really like to survive long enough to have some fun.

Last edited by the phantom; 05-08-2006 at 01:10 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #3046
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Two, I'm sorry, but you can't help it. You married Sleepy, who is most definitely my uncle. He is too much like me not to be related.

Quote:
At first I was content to be a loner, but when I saw all of the unions taking place I realized being a loner would make me a target the first couple days.
One, Sleepy has just informed me via AIM that he is not, and never will be your uncle.

Two, Sleepy and I have set up no rules about family voting, so you'd be fair game anyways.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #3047
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
lmp, will you list and summarize all these familial connections before the start of the game? I'm no hobbit...very confused am I.

And as for whether my family shall influence my voting, I am afraid it shall not at all. As I have stated before, I am rather eccentric, and I feel my only loyalties are to my little dog Fufu. And even my sister Celuien...deary me! Such a pretty girl she was! I don't know what could have inspired her to throw it away and marry that...that...that...MAN!

He's always trying to take my cooking pots for outerwear. Mamma and I taught little Celuien so well, but ever since she married her kitchen is always in total disrepair! No, I'm afraid I believe any of the crazy people in this village capable of anything, except, of course for sweet little Fufu.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #3048
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Sleepy isn't my true uncle, eh?

If that is the case, then that must mean that Sleepy was adopted, and isn't the true son of my grandparents. Hmm... was foul play involved? Someone must investigate.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #3049
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I feel remarkably unloved. Fea? We don't want Fea. Well then she can be your cousin. You're uncle's ex-wife's sister-in-law's little brother's second cousin once removed on his father's side?

But that's quite all right... with all the time I spend with my sheep, I just haven't time to tend to romance or family. If ye want me, ye'll have to come a'searchin'. I've got my priorities, and they baaaa.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #3050
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
You sensible lass, Fea, sticking to your work and not letting any of these men distract you from it. I have high hopes for you...you may live in my mansion, if you like...Mamma left me her house, and there's a nice spare room not getting any use.

If Gurthang agrees to be my handyman, we'll put him up on a cot in the kitchen...it's always warm in there, I pay him well, and if darling little Fufu needs out in the night he'll be right there handy.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #3051
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So, who am I related to . . . exactly?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #3052
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Family Tree

Once again, my services have been called upon to make a pictorial concoction.
So, by the request of littlemanpoet, here are ye family trees.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...amilyTreeS.jpg

Direct all criticisms to lmp. All I've done is put the thing together via his instructions.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #3053
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Thank you for the offer, dear, but it'll only be in the coldest months where my sheep can't wander far that I'll take you up on it. Other'n that, I'll be sleeping under the stars with nothing to protect my poor lambs from wolves but a very hard cudgel. They aren't fond of it, oh let me tell you. If you hear a'howlin' from those mountain fields, you can bet those wolves are getting what for. Of course if you hear screaming, I can't guarantee my own safety... they tend to travel in packs, you know. It's times like these I wish my dear Barbosamir hadn't engaged in piracy and had his ship sunken in the depths of the sea by the King's Men, but such is life. One gets used to loneliness, you know.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #3054
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Mormy, Pappa, do you live on your own or with one of your daughters? and if a daughter, which?

EDIT: Nice, Hookbill...that's awesome. So that leaves only Loki completely unattached, right?

Last edited by JennyHallu; 05-08-2006 at 01:44 PM.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #3055
Loki
Animated Skeleton

Loki has just left Hobbiton.
I don't intend to be included in any of your families, if at all possible. It's just as well, being quite unfamiliar with everyone included.

Always judge a book by it's cover.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #3056
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, he can be my ne'e-do-well younger brother if he likes.

edit: cross-posted with Loki. Ok Loki, you stay unattached if you prefer, no problem!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #3057
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I don't intend to be included in any of your families
Ahhh...truly the last of the rugged individualists.

However, I see co-optation has already been proposed.

(And I solemnly swore to myself I wasn't going to participate in all this silly family banter... )
Old 05-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #3058
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Does Eonwe have no family ties to another family?
I'll give Eonwe some time to decide that.

ANNOUNCEMENT: As of Wednesday 6pm EDT, all relational aggrandizements will be officially done.

Quote:
And just to double check -- does the Hunter not get to kill of s/he is lynched? ONLY if s/he is taken down by Wolves?
Okay, snap decision. Hunter kills whether killed or lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Fea's deceased father was your brother, Mom. Fea and Valier are my cousins.
Approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
And Sleepy Ranger is my uncle, my father's (Alca's) brother. Notice how it says Sleepy used to be a "wanderer", just as I am now? You see, it runs in the family.
Not approved. However, Sleepy and Alca can be 2nd cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
How am I ever to make matches if you are all cousins?
Now you know how first cousins got hooked.....

Loki, you don't have to be in a family, so that's cool. But what you must do is pick an occupation, and whether you are an old man, middle aged man, young eligible, or a child.

EDIT: To Hookbill: There should be about four little 'RIP' gravestones beneath Lhunardawen and Eonwe. Put 2 Diamond and Nogrod. Put 4 under Alcarillo & Cailín. Put 6 under Spawn & Nilp. 1 under Celuien & SPM. Put 3 next to Feanor and Valier. Just 1 under Sleepy and Roa. Explanation: still births, infant mortality, child mortality, young men lost at sea. Take your pick for a good mix; these are your options.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-08-2006 at 02:19 PM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #3059
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
EDIT: To Hookbill: There should be about four little 'RIP' gravestones beneath Lhunardawen and Eonwe. Put 2 Diamond and Nogrod. Put 4 under Alcarillo & Cailín. Put 6 under Spawn & Nilp. 1 under Celuien & SPM. Put 3 next to Feanor and Valier. Just 1 under Sleepy and Roa. Explanation: still births, infant mortality, child mortality, young men lost at sea. Take your pick for a good mix; these are your options.
Can do. It may take me a while. I've got a lot of work on at the moment, but I'll try and get it done as soon as possible.
Wish you'd told me all this before.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #3060
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up

Just Great Hookbill! That helped a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Once again, my services have been called upon to make a pictorial concoction.
This is just looking so awesome!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #3061
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Can do. It may take me a while. I've got a lot of work on at the moment, but I'll try and get it done as soon as possible.
Wish you'd told me all this before.
Don't 'kill' yourself about it; it's really only window dressing to get the werewolvish feel into this; that is, the fact that most of you are going to DIIIIIIIEEEEE!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #3062
Loki
Animated Skeleton

littlemanpoet: I've already mentioned that a number of times already, actually. I'll tell you again, since the last time I had mentioned it flew by fifty posts ago.

By the by, things certainly move quickly around here, don't they? Most especially at peak hours...

Old 05-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #3063
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Btw. as I looked at Hookbill's nice representation about the relations in the village, there seems to be five "main families" in there - and a couple of others. So should we have here something like Capulets and Montagues, WW-style?

At least I get shivers just looking at that old-Morm's family!

And there are funny things here in abundance - that could be tied into a something like very great & twisted first day posting. Just lots of options to make the dAY1 much more interesting and by some odd twist, somehow more consistent.

I surely will vote for my wife or children at any stage of the game - if I have a good reason for it. But otherwise, I will defend them as well as I can. And I do believe, there will be some others with "family-interest" about, as the game proggresses. And if we have a good game, we should be seeing people really taking it to their families and feeling very strongly about it. And that would just be so cool!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #3064
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
By the by, things certainly move quickly around here, don't they? Most especially at peak hours...
Just you wait til the game itself actually starts. You leave for a few hours and return to find 3 pages worth of talk to read
Old 05-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #3065
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

That's brilliant, Hook.

Kitanna is the daughter of Celuien and SPM? I didn't know that either! What else haven't you told me, my one and only?

We have obviously been too busy.

Anyway, it is becoming more and more apparent that these family ties will cause even more bitterness and resentment on Day One than ever before! Magic. It also suggests the worrying strategy of wolves killing their own loved ones at night. Bluffing and double-bluffing is going to be huge in this game.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #3066
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Ah, but you see your permission is neither valid nor wanted in this little situation. What say should you have as the proposed grooms Mother? I am the closest male decendent to the propsed bride and I shall have customs followed!!!! (4! ). Eomer has been nothing but flippant on the matter.
Ahem. Morm, dad, let's not forget her father, my dear husband the SPM. Surely he, as her father, should be asked for permission.

Ah, the youth of today. Whatever happened to tradition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
I don't know what could have inspired her to throw it away and marry that...that...that...MAN!
Sigh. You and dad never did like him. But I'll defend him through thick and thin unless there's overwhelming evidence to his guilt. The same goes for my girls.

Nice work, Hookbill.

Last edited by Celuien; 05-08-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #3067
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

*shakes umbrella at Eomer*

You jest get yourself away from my innocent niece! No foolish men are taking these girls if I have anything to say in the matter!!!

(Mormy...I am beginning to get the impression that we two ought to be living together, if only because we have similar views on how these girls should grow old--single!)

I feel like Lobelia Sackville-Baggins. Except without a pimply son. (What on earth was she thinking? If she had to get married...why on earth did she choose to have a boy??)
Old 05-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #3068
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Thank goodness for that chart, Hookbill... It's rather hard keeping track of whom one is related to!

And I personally plan on voting for as many family members as possible. It's just embarassing, between Lommy stealing the other children's candy and Glirdy alway chasing after Kath...
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #3069
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Ahem!

To inject a modicum of reason into all this insanity ...

It seems to me that the current familial connections are more than sufficient - unless we are to be a village of Lovecraftian description ...

Shouldn't we be saving all this banter for the game? Otherwise we will either have resolved all our differences or be implacably feuding before the game even starts. To make the most of the family theme, I think it best if these issues develop during the game.

And, if not, I propose that lmp open a separate thread for pre-game banter as the current cacophony is cluttering up this thread no end.

Edit: Great job on the chart, Hookbill. That's just what is needed. I didn't even know that I had two daughters before I saw it.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-09-2006 at 02:47 AM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #3070
Loki
Animated Skeleton

I'm in the best and worst position, as it so happens. To belong to a family will create a certain amount of camaraderie amongst compatriots. The wolves will take advantage of this. It will only harm the innocents. Best to take these ties with little respect to the game and beyond any serious decisions.

Best position: I will not be swayed by emotional ties.
Worst position: I'm beyond everyone else's monkey sphere and will likely be the first choice to lynch. The weird old hermit-y leech collector? Let's be serious here. I'm prime suspect #1. It'll take some sort of level-headed mayor to subdue the angry mob that'll be outside my door every damn night.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #3071
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
To belong to a family will create a certain amount of camaraderie amongst compatriots. The wolves will take advantage of this. It will only harm the innocents. Best to take these ties with little respect to the game and beyond any serious decisions.
I'm beginning to be impressed here. Could we be witnessing the emergence of a new power werewolf player? Only time will tell...

(Before anybody asks, making vague and cryptic prophetic utterances is part of my job description as the Herald of Benevolence.)
Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #3072
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Wow.

Kath is our only child, huh?

As a family of Ducks in our former lives, I fear that the Uchiha--I mean, Felagund clan might be annihilated early.

Wait: Gurthang, have you been adopted already? If not . . . *goes down on one knee* Will you be my son?

That is . . . freaky.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #3073
Loki
Animated Skeleton

A room full of monkeys with typewriters will type out Shakespere provided enough random permutations. Or will they...?

Quote:
(Before anybody asks, making vague and cryptic prophetic utterances is part of my job description as the Herald of Benevolence.)

Old 05-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #3074
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
A room full of monkeys with typewriters will type out Shakespere provided enough random permutations. Or will they...?
Probably not... it's mathematically almost impossible.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #3075
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Okay, I've gotten family offers from Diamond, Jenny, and Nilp. Now what am I supposed to do?

Well, I was thinking about being Diamond's migrant working nephew who came into town to be Jenny's lacky, but now Nilp's thrown a wrench into that plot. Hmm... maybe he'll just have to live without me.

Actually, looking at it all, Diamond's clan and Jenny's family are the largest we've got. Since Nilp's small troop is farther down the 'food-chain', I'll even things out and consent to be his son. Which means I'm Kath's brother and spawn is my mommy. I don't really care how old I am, but if it matters I was/am a handful. Always getting into things, never sitting still, curious beyond all reason... just about everything you can imagine. All I can say is good luck spawn.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #3076
Loki
Animated Skeleton

Not at all-- it's merely so statistically improbable that you would have to be a fool to bet on it. Don't be so quick to put it down.

Quote:
Probably not... it's mathematically almost impossible.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #3077
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Since Nilp's small troop is farther down the 'food-chain', I'll even things out and consent to be his son. Which means I'm Kath's brother and spawn is my mommy. I don't really care how old I am, but if it matters I was/am a handful. Always getting into things, never sitting still, curious beyond all reason... just about everything you can imagine. All I can say is good luck spawn.
Approved. Gurthang, you are Kath's older brother. Single. Eligible. Living in Jenny Hallu's abode. Surely he gets his own room, does he not?

Um, ya know, I'll be the first one killed as tradition dictates. If that's so, why, I need to be a member of this village too! Hmmmm..... to what aspect of it shall I assign myself? I know! I'm Diamond's widowed Dad.

EDIT: I'm in agreement with The Saucepan Man. Now that things have been pretty much ironed out, there will be NO MORE FAMILY CHANGES. Further, do hold off on the familial rancor/feuding/sneakkissing, et cetera, until the game.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #3078
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Direct all criticisms to lmp. All I've done is put the thing together via his instructions.
Will do.

Elempi, the chart says that Eonwe is Nog and mine's son, when it should be Lhuna as our daughter. They need to be swapped.

Quote:
I'm in the best and worst position, as it so happens. To belong to a family will create a certain amount of camaraderie amongst compatriots. The wolves will take advantage of this. It will only harm the innocents. Best to take these ties with little respect to the game and beyond any serious decisions.
Well I've given some thought to that, but any reply probably fits better in Day 1 deliberations. But I have already been contemplating that there will be some who view any family behavior as a wolfish plot -- or would like others to, if you take my meaning. Which is why I'm making clear my intentions (and so far as I know right now, Nog's and Firefoot's) to exhibit family voting behavior on Day 1 -- now before any roles are handed out. I realize that continuing seriously in such a vein past Day 1 would be disregarding the actual game of werewolf -- but Day 1 is Day 1 and the dynamics are different. People often stumble around criticizing other people's game styles, for lack of anything better to do, and only by luck are actual werecreatures caught.

Er, wait, I wasn't going to get into all this until the actual game starts. Blah. Suffice it is to say, "it will only harm the innocents" is a very sweeping statement to make and doesn't take into account the vast stores of cunning (not to mention wizards) that both sides possess.

Last edited by Diamond18; 05-08-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #3079
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
EDIT: I'm in agreement with The Saucepan Man. Now that things have been pretty much ironed out, there will be NO MORE FAMILY CHANGES. Further, do hold off on the familial rancor/feuding/sneakkissing, et cetera, until the game.
Okay... I'll try. There's just such temptation, with Thursday sooooo far away.

Quote:
Um, ya know, I'll be the first one killed as tradition dictates. If that's so, why, I need to be a member of this village too! Hmmmm..... to what aspect of it shall I assign myself? I know! I'm Diamond's widowed Dad.
Awesome.

On to a serious bit -- are both Days and Nights going to be 48 hours?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #3080
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Elempi, the chart says that Eonwe is Nog and mine's son, when it should be Lhuna as our daughter. They need to be swapped.
Quite right. I fear my rough bad chart was confusing on that point. Hookbill, please make this switch.

DAYS & NIGHTS WILL BE 24 HOURS EACH.