Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #361
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If Day One can end soon, that will help Celuien and me.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #362
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'll post the transition tonight and if I forget anything or anything needs to be edited in, let me know and it can be fixed.

Edit:

Okay, so I lied. I'll not be posting the transition tonight because I'm bone tired and it was affecting my writing negatively. I'll not be posting it tomorrow because I'm sleeping as much as I can and then working from noon until 10ish, after which I'll presumably be as tired as I am now. I'm thinking that Sunday is a maybe, Monday is a definately-if-Sunday-doesn't-work for the transition post.

That means that you guys have a few more days to wrap up any "today" business. Any qualms?

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 06-30-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #363
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No qualms here. In fact, I'm getting kinda eager to see what kind of wild antagonisms could be unleashed between Skittles and Anakron yet toDay.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #364
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Anyway, I do want to hear from Diamond and figure out how her plans might affect the outline.
You think I have plans?

Er, seriously, I was just casting about for a reason for Skittles to want to council Roggie towards going after the Blue Wizards instead of the Gondorians, and a grudge against Anakron seemed the most in-character way to go. You know, it isn't easy trying to give a chaotic character some direction.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #365
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I don't really see the problem of Skittles that way. If she's a chaotic character, you have 360 different directions you can take, and not one of them needs a reason. Even reasonability. Know what I mean?

Oh, and the word is spelled embarassed. For a reason.

So I assume that, with Roggie's Warlady unconscious, negotiations will probably be postponed until another Day?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-01-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #366
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yes. Which poses a question:

Would you like the game to play out in a day-by-day format, or skip around a little? Accepting votes on this. Majority rules. If there's a tie, I'll break it, but I'd like to know if you guys are comfortable with skipping a few days here and there to keep things from dragging.

So, actually, two questions:

Do you want to skip the occasional few days?

If so, what do you want to do in terms of the interval between right now (Day One in the game) and What Comes Next?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #367
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Yes. Which poses a question:

Would you like the game to play out in a day-by-day format, or skip around a little? Accepting votes on this. Majority rules. If there's a tie, I'll break it, but I'd like to know if you guys are comfortable with skipping a few days here and there to keep things from dragging.

So, actually, two questions:

Do you want to skip the occasional few days?

If so, what do you want to do in terms of the interval between right now (Day One in the game) and What Comes Next?
1a.) I think skipping around is a little bit better, personally... although it really doesn't matter.

and, on that note:

b.) I'd think a jump of two/three days would be good here, on the assumption that Roggie is either intransigent to reopening negotiations or refuses to contemplate them until Skittles is fully functional. Either way, a pause of two/three days is fine by me.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #368
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Fine with me. Though, what would be going on? Will we just have been sitting around in our rooms waiting for Roggie's decision?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #369
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Blast. Should have checked before I jumped in...sorry if my awakening Skittles was baad. Maybe we could round up today with the arrival of some Troll-Nurses to take Skittles into Care.

I'm all for skipping days.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #370
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Skipping days is fine with me. Not more than three seems good, and no more than two seems better.

EDIT: And I like the idea of Skittles going into "Care" ... whether she wants it or not...

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-02-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #371
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
What everyone else said about skipping days. It's fine with me.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #372
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
I don't really see the problem of Skittles that way. If she's a chaotic character, you have 360 different directions you can take, and not one of them needs a reason. Even reasonability. Know what I mean?
Well yes, but since Skittles does whatever she wants I like for Skittles' whims and wants to seem like they're hers, not just me shoehorning in whatever action is convenient for the story. So when I need to shoehorn something in, I want there to be a suitably selfish reason for Skittles to be doing it, to minimize the appearance of shoehorning. I make these things hard on myself just for fun....

As to Skittles current state, I was rather expecting Igör to fulfil his potential as Kath once said he could.

I don't care about the days either way.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #373
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
As to Skittles current state, I was rather expecting Igör to fulfil his potential as Kath once said he could.
Which was to do what now?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #374
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I though you said he could fix up any of the motley crew should they meet an unfortunate end.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #375
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm all for skipping days as well. We don't want to run out of, ehem, things to do, do we?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #376
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
I though you said he could fix up any of the motley crew should they meet an unfortunate end.
Do you mean we get to see her with a Bride of Frankenstein hairdo, and appropriate stitchwork along her wrist, neck, etc.?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #377
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I like to think I can deal with either situation (although that remains to be seen).

Skipping a few days is fine with me, as I've just thought of some amusing things to say about Smilog and his entourage.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:51 AM   #378
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I was feeling ranty. If the post is out of place, which it could well might be, let me know and I'll delete or edit it accordingly.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:21 AM   #379
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
"If only Panakeia were here..." she began quietly. "She might know where Nichole is, and surely that lovely med student can do something about this."

Alas! Nichole in ATM I suffered from amnesia and didn't know where she was from or what she used to do before anakronistically arriving in Mordor, though she did have a talent for contacting her author. I'm afraid she would have been quite useless, even if she hadn't vanished in a pair of ruby red slippers and gone home to her mysterious city of metal and glass towers. No place like home, there is.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #380
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Ah indeed he can, but I wasn't aware Skittles was dead! Hmm, looks like I need to read up a bit.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #381
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

She isn't dead as of my latest post...

EDIT: You got round that very well. Good.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #382
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well she's getting healed now at any rate. She and Igor have left Roggie's chambers and gone back to hers.

Might be a good point to stop actually.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #383
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If you guys would like to stop there for now, feel free to do so. I didn't have time to post yesterday, as I suspected, and today turned out much the same, though for different reasons. Tomorrow should *crosses fingers* work out in my favor, or perhaps late tonight.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #384
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien

Alas! Nichole in ATM I suffered from amnesia and didn't know where she was from or what she used to do before anakronistically arriving in Mordor, though she did have a talent for contacting her author. I'm afraid she would have been quite useless, even if she hadn't vanished in a pair of ruby red slippers and gone home to her mysterious city of metal and glass towers. No place like home, there is.
Aw. So do I have to edit out the Nichole part?
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #385
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Do you mean we get to see her with a Bride of Frankenstein hairdo, and appropriate stitchwork along her wrist, neck, etc.?
Um, how about just the wrist?

Anyway, as to her deadness, well, I figured a gushing artery was pretty dire and would be leading to death fairly soon. But I see it's all been wrapped up nicely so you knew what I had in mind anyway.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:35 AM   #386
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Aw. So do I have to edit out the Nichole part?
No, it's fine. Nichole was probably caught on camera by the reality show that followed the ending of the Offending Party's journey. And her assignments to Mordor and the Shire as Celuien managed to reach Mordor as hacked up wads of paper from Sylvester (eew) - Anakron saw them. So some investigative person might have found out about assigments that peg her as a med student and reported on it as a solved mystery for the Offending Party, letting Maika find out about her identity.

And Nichole has been reassigned to Mordor numerous times since her Dorothy-inspired escape. So who knows? She might be back, even if I did say at one point that she was never seen in Mordor again after her disappearance. Or at least, it would be correct to assume that if anyone knew about her return, Panakeia would.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #387
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm being a slacker. I'm sorry. Life hit like a shot of Jim Beam and I'm really just trying to find time to get all of my work done. I'll have my saves filled before the weekend is over.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #388
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

We forgive you RL has to take precedence every now and then!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #389
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I think I'm being a bigger slacker Fea, well at least now the 4th is over and everything will start slowing down.

Well, tomorrow I am going to Lexington, Kentucky, for end of the season reports/meetings and all that fun stuff and won't be back until the 15th.

To the fellow Gondorian Ambassadors, Bearugard has come down with a little case of food poisoning, and he will be out until he magically gets better when I am able to return.

If there are any problems with my post, I will probably have to change them when I get back, for I'm leaving tomorrow at 8.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #390
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
If there are any problems with my post, I will probably have to change them when I get back, for I'm leaving tomorrow at 8.
Well, while I found your post to be highly entertaining for what is effectively a week (or longer) cop-out setup, there is one thing that I would address...

You have Aleksandur wearing corduroys. As a Gondmordorian who appears nearly normal to Hyarmenwë, and considering that he self-admittedly wants to be as Gondorian as he can, it's rather unlikely that he'd be wearing them.

Other than that... no problem here.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #391
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Well played, B88. Nice cop out. See you next weekend[ish].

Hookbill, I plan to move my Alli SAVE so that it comes after B88's post. Can you delete yours and repost it after I have my post up?
Old 07-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #392
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Hookbill, I plan to move my Alli SAVE so that it comes after B88's post. Can you delete yours and repost it after I have my post up?
*Salutes* Yes, my lord!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*takes a look in the mirror*

Ahem.

That's my lady, young hooligan.

PS: thanks.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #394
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Niggles

On the grounds that I set this thing up in the first place, I hope you can all put up with me trying to keep some of the original stuff (that does not disagree with nor antanoize our beloved Feanor of the Peredhil) that is supposed to be in place:

1. U-haul ought to be italicized, Fea.

2. Hookbill, there is no such place in Mordor as Los Angeles. The place is called Lost Angles.... which should be italicized too. This is a most crucial difference.

3. Mount Zoom should be italicized too.

Oh, and is Mount Zoom going to skidaddle out of Lost Angles?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #395
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, LMP's niggles have emboldened me. I wanted to note that it seems extremely odd for folks like Hyarmenwe to be saying "ok" and seems like grounds for immediate assignment.

Oh, and, who exactly is all in the council room, now?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #396
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Bang on, Diamond. That's exactly what I want to know. Fea said "eight delegates", but Beauregard has food poisoning and Smilog and co. still seem to be running around in ever more incomprehensible circles...
Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 AM   #397
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
2. Hookbill, there is no such place in Mordor as Los Angeles. The place is called Lost Angles.... which should be italicized too. This is a most crucial difference.
Can I just say 'LA' instead, then? I'm awfully confused.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:13 AM   #398
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Can I just say 'LA' instead, then? I'm awfully confused.
Oh dear. Don't be confused.

Lost Angles is indeed Mordor's own spoofy version of Los Angeles. But its name is Lost Angles, not Los Angeles. Just like it's Mal-in-Bu, not Malibu, Rode-o Drive, and not Rodeo Drive, Fallen Arches Mall instead of the Fallbrook Mall, etc.

Better?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #399
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

My official position on just about everything ATM related is that if LMP has a qualm, we're going to listen to him. He is the original mind behind this vision of Mordor and therefore knows it best. While I am, when rushed or impatient, willing to employ the use of the anakronism incontinuity, or even better, deau ex machina, I'd prefer to do things right the first time than to explain them away later.

Therefore, among other things, my slacking with italics will change; I've been setting a rather bad example.

Since Bearugard has food poisoning and Smilog just returned to Zoom, I will edit my post to accomodate.

Diamond and Anguirel: as of now, there are six delegates there, in whatever condition the past few days have left them.

Hookbill: if LA makes it easier, go ahead.

Celuien: thank you for the clarification.

LMP: yes. Where shall it go? Taking votes.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #400
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Well, LMP's niggles have emboldened me. I wanted to note that it seems extremely odd for folks like Hyarmenwe to be saying "ok" and seems like grounds for immediate assignment.
If anyone's making Hyarmenwë say "Okay", I want THEM assigned to Mordor.

*old man grumbles*