The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-16-2002, 09:48 PM   #1
Frwek
Pile O'Bones

Frwek has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frwek Send a message via AIM to Frwek
Shield Two towers

hi..<BR> i must say that the show of the fellowship of the rings is the best, however i think that the two towers will be even better than the first movie...have you heard of the special effects in the two towers? it was cool man..oh yea one thing i'm still not sure of..in the fellowship of the rings..Arwen made a pact to Aragorn that she would bound herself to him..and that she chose a mortal life...does that mean that she became a human? In the two towers did Aragorn and Arwen became together..cause i heard that Aragorn was drawn to Eowyn...Oh and just wanna check that was Golum the ringbearer before Frudo?<P>P.s I hope ya dun mind my long message..i'm saving up money to buy the complete set of the lord of the rings..so far i have one..(The fellowship of the ring)... <P>lol..i'm new here so i'm kinda long winded...lol..anyway feel free to message me anytime anyday! n this site is great..i'm definatly going to put it as my homepage! <P>thanks
Frwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Welcome to the Downs, Frwek. <BR>This really belongs in Movies though.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:13 AM   #3
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen didn't change from an elf to a man - her descendents are half-elven (part man and part elf), so Eru (the God of Tolkien's mythology) gave her (and her brothers, father, uncle, and grandparents) the choice between the fate of man and the fate of elves.<P>She had until her father left Middle-earth to decide. She chose mortality, obviously.<P>Yes, Eowyn has a crush on Aragorn.<P>The Ring was posessed by the following, in this order...<P>Sauron, Isildur, Deagol (Gollum's Friend), Smeagol (Gollum's first, real name), Bilbo, Frodo...(I won't spoil the rest for you.)
Old 12-17-2002, 02:16 AM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome to the Downs, Frwek! You will find many discussions about the movies on the Movies forum. This thread has been moved to that forum; please continue to read and post there.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:23 AM   #5
Thingol1000
Animated Skeleton

Thingol1000 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frewk,<BR>Glad you are enjoying the movie, I know I am!<BR>But you know whats even better? The books!!!!!!<BR>No money needed, just your library card. There is no movie out there (LotR trilogy included) that can come even close to the feelings, intamacy, and depth of your imagination that a (the) book can.<BR>Enjoy!
Thingol1000 is offline   Reply With Quote