Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #81
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

thanks, perhaps I'll get a nicer elf though, Gilbreth has a short temper, and I'd hate for Reyn to get hurt [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

p.s. Why do I get the feeling that Gilbereth isn't exactly liked? I know He's a foppish son of a noblemen, and He dosen't really have any skill in the forest, and I know He's really annoying and all, but that's no reason to not like him [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #82
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Tsk tsk, Eladain, play nicely ...

Well do your camping posts quickly then, I'd like to lose Airelome tomorrow afternoon or the next's and then get on the move again. We've got orcs to fight, floods to surmount, spiders to overcome ... very busy, very busy indeed.

Don't forget that if you should be absent to post whenabouts so we'll know.

As of now just Eruwen is absent, remember to keep her character involved in the story to her taste--this is most easily done by reading her character's bio thoroughly please. Thanks!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #83
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Lol, but it's so much more fun not to play nicely [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 02:03 AM   #84
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ah! im sorry, i had to go to Melbourne for a funeral, sorry. Back now though! ..will post right away..

Maika: thats fine, but Arië will be beside herself if she were to kill it.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #85
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

That's why I didn't have either kill it to spare Arie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So it's fine then that I invited your character into my slight hunting game?

Marvelous!

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-23-2003, 12:04 PM   #86
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Eladain, are you sure it would be Reyn who got hurt? Remember who's older, and more experienced.

I'm off to the RPG thread to get Reyn back to camp with his tale about the injured trees.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #87
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

yes, I'm sure it would be Reyn, you may be older, but I'm faster,and smarter,and meaner [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img],and,well you get the idea

[ July 23, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 07-24-2003, 06:17 PM   #88
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright everyone calm down! I think Tinuviel and Eladain need a time out!!

Tinuviel: Do not edit your post. I repeat, Do not edit your post! It's fine. I've fixed it in the post I'm about to put up. It's fine I promise, and I didn't make Reynion look bad either so it's okay!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is getting good guys so don't spoil it now with tempers!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-24-2003, 06:55 PM   #89
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright I've posted. It was pretty quick because I wanted to get it done to-night before I had to get offline. If anyone doesn't like it--by all means please speak your concerns honestly!! I'll re-think and edit to the gamers' agreement.

This is getting very exciting I can hardly wait! I hope everyone else is having just as much fun as I am!! ... Yes? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, read over my post and let me know if you want anything changed or added!! I took a lot upon myself to get us moving on again.

-Maikafanawen

PS Eladain: Now that we have it cleared up, can you please remove your OOC from the RPG thread? Thanks!

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 07-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #90
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Reyn's worried about his companions, himself, and his home. He's stressed and that makes him lose his temper. It wouldn't have made me mad if you'd made him look bad, he's something of a jerk anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I hope that made sense. If it didn't, let me put it this way: Feel free to dislike Reyn. I won't mind.

He is going to apologize to Gilbereth. Eventually. Someday. (like when this is just a story to tell their grandchildren. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) No, probably in one of my next posts.

Edit: Just to let all of you know, I have something of a reputation for being mean, so if I start doing things that aren't very nice, just give me a smack to remind me to stop it.

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-25-2003, 04:18 AM   #91
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hey sometimes its a LOT of fun to have the hated character (though id say that Gilbereth isnt hated by everyone!) I myself had Énien in Truth in a Dark Place and she was a real B***h at the start (hey Arien and Makia!) but that was what made it fun!

And for the record, Arië hates no one, she is very gentle and empathetic, although she is not liking the tones that fellow elves are taking towards eachother... Not thats bad. (again) it makes for a good story line...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #92
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I don't mind if y'all don't like Gil, I don't much like him either,but he'll get better over time I hope. I just made him this way to add some color to the story
Old 07-25-2003, 03:16 PM   #93
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

It's good to know we have a group of polite people here but just don't let your anxiety of how the people here will I dunno relate you to your character stop you from making powerful posts!! Don't clash relationships is what I'm trying to say I guess.

Anywho good job mates with your posting. A few typos here and there and if you catch them re-reading over your posts please take the time to edit it out. It makes the reading easier and more fluent for others to read--not that many do however. It's all brilliant work!!

Thanks!

-Maikafanawen

[EDIT]: One more thing, Tinuviel: I wouldn't break the slight enmity between Gilbereth and Reynion. I like reading about it.

Eladain: I altered my post a bit from when you read it at my house to when I posted it after you left. You might want to re-read it. I sort of dropped it in there that Ihwesta was going to "teach" Gilbereth as best she could. But of course she could "forget" she said that and leave you be ... Whatever you choose.

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 07-25-2003, 09:05 PM   #94
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Maika, I read that part,and that's fine with me. Gil can use all the help he can get!

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 07-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #95
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just because Reyn offers doesn't mean that Gilbereth has to accept. He could always see the offer as an insult and that could make it flare up again.

But Gilbereth's reaction isn't up to me, now is it?
Old 07-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #96
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Tinuviel, I have to learn how to shoot from someone (otherwise I'll just be throwing rocks like you said) it may as well be Reyn.I don't have to like him to except his offer, and besides, it'll give us more time to enteract/yell at eachother/get more mad at eachother.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 07-26-2003, 12:04 PM   #97
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

*ehem*

In my post--which everyone has seem to consent with since there have been no alterings suggested!--it follows thus:

Quote:
“He’s a fop,” Reynion said in undertones so that Gilbereth might not hear. “If you think there’s hope in him, you teach him.” Ihwesta’s firm countenance faltered but her voice carried on.

I will,” she said evenly. Then catching Gilbereth’s eye and beckoning him to join Arië and herself, stalked away from the seething Reynion.
If, Tinuviel you wish to teach Eladain's character I will have to edit my post. I'll need you both to please clarify!

As for me it's not a big deal. If the two of you are set on collaborating your characters in such manner I'll alter my post but I would like it to be clear. Thanks!

-Maikafanawen

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 07-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #98
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Why can't Gil learn from both of y'all? I'm sure you both have something too teach him.

But If a choice must be made, I'd choose Ihwesta because like I said, I don't want Gil to loose his temper [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #99
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright. I've PMed a bit with Tinuviel and if you refer to my most recent post, Gilbereth will answer when Reynion offers with an apology.

Whoever posts next, if they would be so kind as to get us moving again! Thanks!

On Saturday I go away on vacation for a week! I'm going to ask if Everdawn--if ye don't mind--will take over my character until August 8th. I thought it best both of them being trackers. Hopefully [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] nothing important will happen while I'm gone. Kidding. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-27-2003, 04:41 PM   #100
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ok Maika, I'll post after Reyn's post, excepting his offer, perhaps he and Gil shall even become friends *rolls eyes* though I doubt it.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:57 PM   #101
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Here again is the outline for the RPG. We should get going soon to stumble into the mist or what-not.

Quote:
Outline for The Fall of Greenwood the Great:

Once the elves have gathered by the riverside and Arien gives the go-ahead, Ceros will lead the fellowship into the forest.

A few days into the trek (which will be summed up in one post) we start a fire and attract spiders—though we don’t know they’re spiders—and Airelome goes to investigate and doesn’t return. The fellowship goes to search for him and are attacked.

**Spiders: It is the multiple spawn of Shelob that infests Greenwood during the infestation of the Necromancer. I’m going to assume that the spawn of Ungoliant was present in Greenwood, but extremely rare. Therefore the company can believe that giant spiders are a myth until they are proven wrong.**

Then we begin our journey towards the south of Mirkwood—Dol Guldur.

Four days after they loose Airelome, a black mist covers the forest with its net that even the elves cannot see through and they stumble into a spider's lair...

After their escape they come upon a river, rushing too fast for any to swim and to wide for any to jump. They must find a way to get across...

On the other side awaits darker things that were not able to cross the river into the brighter parts of the realm. They are immediately attacked by orcs...

After a narrow defeat, they find sanctuary in a cave before torrential, black rains pound the forest. This floods the river and causes more problems for the elves that they circumvent only just...

They are now very close to Dol Guldur. It is now only a matter of days...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We will decide when the time comes what they find or do not find at Dol Guldur.

If you want to add some more obstacles for us to encounter post your idea here and either Arien or I will approve and add it to the Outline.
Eladain Moruviel: Whatever you want to do.

-Maikafanawen

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 07-27-2003, 09:01 PM   #102
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am back and I have not forgotten about this RPG, believe me. Thank you all who included Eruwen into your posts and not forgetting about her. It helped alot. And I may not post right now because I am still trying to work out the details in the post, so I think I am going to wait until someone gets us moving. That way I can make it at least somewhat good. Thank you all again.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:20 AM   #103
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

NO problem Maika. Will be glad to. Yes it will be easy, hem both being trackers, but its nice to know that Arië sees Ihwesta as her mentor.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #104
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Eruwen: To clue you in: Ihwesta and Arie were hunting and heard something they couldn't identify moving through the woods. When they returned and were sitting around the campfire, Arie sensed it again and Airelome went out after it.

After a long while when he didn't return, the fellowship suspected the worse and decided to go after him. Then Gilbereth and Reynion quabbled and Ihwesta stepped in defending Gilbereth. Then Ihwesta and Arie were sent ahead of the group to track ahead.

They were attacked by spiders! Eek!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Now they know that the spawn of Ungoliath is not legend but true and Ihwesta and Arie saw Airelome killed by a spider (he had gone mad for some yet unknown reason, but only Arie and Ihwesta know that he was crazy).

Then they continued on to camp and recover (the only wound attained was a slap -from Airelome- on Ihwesta's face). Everyone else is fine. Taurewen and Reynion together killed a spider, Ceros and Gilbereth killed a spider, and Ihwesta and Arie killed a spider. It would appear as though it was a two man job eh?

I think that's as far as we've gotten.

Well I don't have time to read the RPG thread from this morning and I've got to get ready to go see PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!

Eladain: you rule you rule you rule you rule!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Ach! You're here! Is it time to go now? Bye guys!

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #105
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm still alive out here! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hope I haven't really goofed on my last post: not much time. Now, I'll go read up on the story! Thank you for your patience! (Yes, I'm going to assume you were patient [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

~*Kate's*~

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:39 PM   #106
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

You're welcome Maika, did you enjoy the movie?

Note: I'm going out of town for a couple of days, I'll put up Gil's post when I get back

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 07-30-2003, 07:10 PM   #107
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

To get us moving, no more camp/recovery posts. Whoever posts next must get us moving again. If no one posts by whatever time tomorrow I'm able to get on the computer, I'll do it. Thanks!

I will probably mention this again before I leave but I will be gone from Saturday August 2nd to Saturday August 9th. Everdawn will be taking over my character until I return.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #108
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright. I've posted for the last time in a week. Hopefully I left off at a good place for people to make replies and such.

The next week can be spent getting through the dense fog--which is yet a primitave, though strong, form of Sauron's Shadow. It should cause depression and hopelessness--things the elves will have to overcome to get through it safely. A few could even get lost for a while until the fog subsides.

All I ask is that Ihwesta and Arie sort of stay together since Everdawn is going to take over my character. That way it won't be too difficult for her.

Thanks!

Have fun with it and take care while I'm gone!!

Arien: You're on your own!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 AM   #109
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Maika you would think that. But I’m not on my own because I will be away from the 3rd till the 7th of august, therefore leaving the game with no game owners…..
Old 08-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #110
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Oh my!!

Well then! Everdawn! Our dedicated player [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] looks like it's up to you! This isn't good is it.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-02-2003, 12:04 AM   #111
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*gulps*.. Nah it will be fine! You peoples in America have summer break or something soon dont you??? Ah well, I will do my best!... and am posting this before i see Matchbox 20 tonight!!! AH!!!

Have a good holiday, and we here will get as depressed as we can! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 08-02-2003, 02:15 AM   #112
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I am closing the game thread today, August 2nd and will reopen it early a.m. August 9th.

This is per request of Maikafanawen, since she and Arien will both be away for a large chunk of time.

Arien - if you want me to open it back up earlier - just let me know.

~~ Pio
Old 08-02-2003, 07:48 AM   #113
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Pio thanks for closing it while we are gone, I didn't think about that. Anyway I can wait until the 9th for it to be re-opened and then we can start again with a full company.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:32 AM   #114
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

ok, well I'm glad I got my post in before it closed. I'll be at camp all next week and won't be able to post anyways
Old 08-03-2003, 12:42 AM   #115
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Dude! I got the biggest fright when i saw the RP closed... then i read and i now know why. So thats ok, it will give us more time to think about what is going to happen next.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 08-03-2003, 04:58 AM   #116
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Hey all,

I was planning to edit my last post so Taurëwen shows Gil how to make arrows and she was going to make him a crude bow from the damaged branch she took from the woods, But I see the Rpg is closed!

I was wondering if it would still be ok to do this or should I wait till the thread re-opens?
Old 08-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #117
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nerindel, That would be great if you would do that, Gil would be much in your debt. as Reyn said, Gil can throw rocks, or he can throw rocks, but thats about it
Old 08-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #118
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Nerindel

You can edit your post. And leave a post on the discussion thread that you've done so.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:48 AM   #119
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Ok, I tried to edit the post, but as I thought, it will only let Mod's edit while the Thread is closed [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

So I will put it here so Eladain can see it, and will paste it on when the thread re-opens, or maybe Pio would be so kind as to paste it on the end of my post dated July 26, 2003 09:22 AM ** [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
It wasn't long before she felt someone beside her watching her work, she inclined her head and found herself looking straight into the soft blue-gray eyes of Gilbereth, he tensed slightly at her gaze, she smiled and he relaxed instantly. "Would you like to try?" she asked indicating the knife and the half whittled shaft in her hands, his eye's widened in mild surprise, "I don't think ...." he began, "Nonsense, it's easy" she interrupted pleasantly as she pressed the knife and branch into his hands.

The deer handled knife sat comfortably in his right hand, but he looked nervously at the half whittled branch in his left, awaiting her instruction. "Follow the grain and let the wood be your guide," she whispered softly as she put one hand round his and the handle of the knife and used the other to help him steady the branch , she closed her eyes and lovingly ran the blade down the length of the branch, in one fluid stroke, again and again she repeated the strokes slowly turning the branch in their hands. "see!" she smiled opening her eyes and looking down at the straight shaft that sat in their hands. She then lifted one of the silver arrow heads and showed him how to bind it to the shaft.

He watched intently as she showed him how to cut the feathers into flights and how to attach them to the other end of the shaft, he then handed her back her knife and took out a narrow bladed dagger of his own, He picked up a fresh branch and began to whittle it down for himself.

Taurëwen watched Gilbereth work the wood in his hands, the young noble seemed to take a great pride in his work, She nodded her approval as he held a finished arrow in his hand, as Gilbereth picked up another branch, she thought about the fact that he had no bow, it was then that she remembered the large branch that she and Reynion had brought to Ceros.

As she looked around the camp she saw the branch at Eurwen's feet she walked over and smiled at the elven woman, as she gently picked up the branch and took it back to her seat, the large branch would make an average sized bow, crude though it would be. Her hands worked lovingly carving the bow shape, as she worked she thought of those who had been lost to the growing shadows. Without realising it she had carved the image of the trees that had been damaged into either end of the bow, majestic and proud as they were before their marring. she then searched in her pack for the spare bow strings she carried.

After stringing the bow she picked up an arrow and nocked it to make sure they would fit, it felt comfortable in her hands almost as if the wood itself approved of her work. The bow was only waist high, but sturdy and durable. She turned back to Gilbereth and looked at him trying to find something unique to him to add to the bow, her eyes fell across the crest on his buckler, she delicately carved the hand bearing a branch, then underneath it she carved the sword bearing the delicate elven script " Do not draw me without reason, do not sheath me without honour." This carving sat just below the tree at the top end of the bow and at the bottom she carved the Elven runes of friendship and protection and also the elven words *"Nailya pilind rip linta'ar anwa." then down the length of the bow she carved the leaf pattern that she had seen on his court finery, the few times she had ventured to the courts of their realm.

Once finished she took out a small pouch of green powder and mixed it with a little water , she then dipped her knife point into the green liquid and traced the tip around the intricate carvings. The design on the bow now stood out a vibrant green against the slivery grey of the wood. She wiped the knife clean on her green skirts and slipped it back into its sheath.

She smiled approvingly as she turned back to Gilbereth, the young elven noble had managed to whittle and fletch fifteen arrows for himself, some of them could have been better, but this was his first attempt she reminded herself. "Is this enough" he asked uncertainly, "Yes, I think so" she smiled. She noticed Gilbereth staring at the bow in her hands, "Do you like it" she asked holding it out for him to examine, "It is wonderful " he replied taking it from her, and examining the design, his eyes widened as they fell on the crest at the top end of the bow, "this is the crest of my house!" he exclaimed.

"Only fitting for a bow belonging to one of that house" she chuckled lightly.

"for me!" he exclaimed, His thanks shining on his elven face.

"It is crude by elven standards and I do not have any wax with which to add as a protective finish," she replied frowning slightly.

"Do not frown my lady, I can only but hope that I can learn to use it with as much skill as the hand that made it" he smiled genuinely.

"for that you will require the aid of another for my bow is used only to stop those who would think to destroy or mar our woodland realm," she told him, not at all abashed at her words.

"I understand and would not trouble you further, Ihwesta has offered to teach me" he replied.
"yes, I think the bowers daughter would make an excellent teacher," she smiled back at him, "she may even have wax with which to finish the bow and maybe even something with which to make a quiver for your arrows." she told him.

Taurëwen and Gilbereth talked together for sometime, he told her tales from the courts and she spoke of the simple pleasures of the woods surrounding their home, others joining the conversation when they had something to add or to object.
ok!ok! I know I said this was an edit, but I got carried away [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 08:15 PM   #120
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nerindel: Wow! thank-you for all the trouble both you and Taurëwen wen through for Gil, I really appriceate it! As for wax, would sword wax work? Gil always has some to keep his sword rust-free in damp weather