Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #321
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Monday or Tuesday sounds good to me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

so let me see if I've got this straight: Ghurdan mortally wounds Husam protecting Jasara, then Ahmad kills Ghurdan [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

So who is going to wound Thorgom when he takes a blow for Ghurdan? Ahmad??? [shrugs] or some one else?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #322
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Husam tries to kill Jasara

Ghurdan intervenes and mortally wounds Husam

Ahmad kills Ghurdan

Thorgom tries to intervene and is stabbed by Nasr, Jamílah's other son in law.

How's that sound? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 05:24 AM   #323
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Excellent! Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Where is the actual battle going to take place?

Is the army of the Eye going to bring the battle to the valley camp? or are your scouts going to report that we are heading your way and move the battle from the camp?

I would quite like for Zasfal to kill one of the elders, Ishak perhaps [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] (ie proving himself in battle and gaining the respect of the few crew that will be left)
Old 08-15-2003, 07:31 AM   #324
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nerindel -- that's fine with me! Zasfal can get Ishak.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #325
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The army of the Eye should advance on the Camp . . . 'crush the savages, so to speak' . . .
Old 08-15-2003, 11:19 PM   #326
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Ealasaid

Your post is on board - 8/12 2:27 pm. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 11:43 PM   #327
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Thanks, Pio! I also filled my save regarding Yusef.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:27 AM   #328
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Pio- Sammael has a big problem with women fighting, so I thought it would be interesting if he came up against Jamilah- either he refuses to fight her or he kills someone on his own side to protect her? But if this conflicts with your ideas that's fine.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-16-2003, 01:43 PM   #329
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Hmmm . . . Lyra, that could be interesting . . . let me think about it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 09:28 AM   #330
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Okay, sorry for being gone...again...but I wasn't allowed on the internet because of the virus, and only yesterday did my dad figure out that our system is too old to be affected. So...I will fill in that save and hopefully I will soon start the morning council.

How does Tuesday sound to start the battle?

Oh, and thank you thank you thank you for the extension! We did need that!

EDIT: Nerindel - I don't want to rush you, but we need your save filled as soon as possible so we know where you and Ealasaid are going with this 'unexpected visitor.' Just a reminder... And thank you!

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 08-18-2003, 06:09 PM   #331
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, my post is up and I decided to put it after Arien's [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ealasaid if there is anything that needs changed just let me know.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #332
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Nerindel -- great post! No need to change anything.

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 08-19-2003, 10:04 PM   #333
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

Please get your troops started into the valley by tomorrow morning real time.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:07 AM   #334
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok everyone just to let you know I'm still here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and eagerly awaiting battle [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Durelin, Lyra, Arien: Ghurdan will suggest that Zasfal and other 3 archers take up positions in the rocky outcropping either side of the Tribes camp. (where I see them being attacked by bremah's large dogs, before firing on the camp [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )

Aylwen, SophiaMaybe Jasara or Khasia would what some of their archer to go too?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:19 AM   #335
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Najah could take a few of the better archers with her to the outcroppings. If Bremah's dogs attack, is Najah allowed to hack one of them to pieces? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Najah gets violent sometimes...And I don't mind if all the young archers die, so long as Najah doesn't since that just doesn't seem right for her. Also, this can happen as long as Sophia agrees, but I haven't seen her around this thread in a while so...

Are we still planning on sending out two seperated groups of the young (or the whole company?)?

-Aylwen

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 08-20-2003, 05:49 AM   #336
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Are we still planning on sending out two seperated groups of the young (or the whole company?)?
I have been rethinking this, I think we should just attack as one mighty force I got this idea from something pio said when answering Another question I had:

Quote:
The army of the Eye should advance on the Camp . . . 'crush the savages, so to speak' . . .
I like that Idea [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 11:02 AM   #337
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Aaah! I am here! I had to move *again*, but now all my stuff is in the same place, and will be until Christmas time, so I'm reliable again.

The battle plans have me massively confused however, so I'll have to read them and the game thread over (again) thoroughly before I can do/say much.

I do agree with Aylwen though, that Najah should live through the battle. She's not the dying type [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #338
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

ok in my most recent post I have started Sevora & Co talking about the fight, I did not fully lay out the whole plan because Im not totally sure of it. I'll leave that to Durelin.

Although Nerindel I did include Ghurdan's plans for the archers. Well I can't wait for the battle to start....niether can Dristi [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #339
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Okay, I'll basically do the council in one post, then have the armies move. I'm going to have to do that tomorrow because I don't have time to do it today. Sorry!

Pio - could you place this post at the end of Nerindel's post posted August 18, 2003 12:14 PM? Thanks! I couldn't post it (and got behind!) because it took an HOUR to check out at stinkin Sport's Authority, so I didn't get home in time to post it yesterday. Sorry…but…

Quote:
"We have a battle to prepare for!"

Who did this man think he was? Yes, he was blessed, but it gave him no right to even touch her. Sevora still stood higher than him, and she...she had been blessed. Her teeth ground as she collected herself, staring at the ground. After a moment, she placed a hand on Rahvin's arm. He took a step back, but did not relax, nor take his hand of his sword hilt. Staring at the ground for a few more moments, Sevora slowly drew in breath, then let it out, finding it a very calming thing. She thought about nothing in particular, but jumped from happy memory to happy memory, stopping at Dristi's punishment. Now she was able to smile. Looking up at Ghurdan, she grinned at him, mocking warmness and kindness, but their was happiness upon her lips if not in her eyes. She was defeated, she knew it well -- Ghurdan was blessed, Jasara was blessed, and she had been abandoned. But, she had just won two battles she had never won before. She had both controlled her rage...and she had accepted defeat. Defeat, of all things! It was something she had never been able to handle, and it had happened to her so few times. Besides, those few times had been so long ago, when she had just begun her life as a priestess to the Eye. And after she was blessed...she felt -- no, she knew that she could never be defeated. Then she was forgotten by her Master. Sevora did not understand it, but she accepted it. And that was an overwhelming victory for any of these people who now stood at least equal to her. They stood equal to her, and she would let them. Perhaps, after a time, she could let them stand above her. Yes, and then, when they thought...

"Indeed we do, my dear," she said almost cheerfully, taking a step toward Ghurdan to stand where he had pulled her only seconds before. "A very bloody battle, which you will enjoy, will you not?" Her hand moved forward to cup his chin in her hand, and Sevora received a pleasing flinch from him. "Please, darling, I wonder if you show more manners than that. You should be courteous toward a woman, should you not? You are quite an intelligent man, Ghurdan, and I know I do not need to instruct you in your etiquette." She paused for a moment, still beaming at him, but did not wait long enough for him to speak before continuing. "Now, after this interruption, we must all get as much sleep as we can. We have a busy day ahead of us. We rise early to give and hear wise counsel." She patted him slightly on the cheek, whispering "Good night," then she turned around and walked slowly back into the other side of her tent. It was divided into a sort of 'study' and sleeping quarters. Sitting on the ground, covered with finely woven rugs, Sevora began humming a tune. She remembered it from her early childhood and thought it might have been a lullaby, of all things. No, now she remembered: it was a song sung at marriages. She would have laughed if she hadn't been deep in thought.

…when they thought she was defeated, broken, ready to follow them humbly, then she would be in a wonderful position. The best position she could ever be in. Manipulation had always been among her greatest and most useful skills. Sevora could make sure they were not even aware of her manipulating; it was one of the ways she had worked her way up in the ranks of the Servants. Ghurdan would be one she would be able to manipulate. All she needed to do was shrewdly tell the High Priest that the man was blessed, and then he would rise in the ranks. She would bear his child if that were what it took to bring the man into her hands, while she remained invisible…low. And this Jasara, she would definitely be brought into the Order, and she would be an excellent one, for the most part. She would rise in the ranks just as Sevora herself did. But would she also be abandoned? For some reason, Sevora could not wish that upon the girl. No, woman. Young, but a woman. Perhaps it was because Jasara was so much like Sevora, in many ways, that the priestess actually liked the young woman. She could hardly be called an acquaintance, but there was a connection, and what Sevora knew of the tribeswoman…she was one to be respected. Perhaps she would not have to manipulate her. She did not wish to, at any rate. Perhaps she could be brought into her confidences, and Sevora could give her advice. Still, it seemed the woman thought much like Sevora. With luck and skill, they would get along well and, with Ghurdan's involuntary aid and perhaps Jasara's voluntary, Sevora would remain powerful. So many 'perhaps.'

Sevora looked up as Rahvin entered the 'bedroom' of the tent, looking down at her, showing as much emotion in his eyes as he ever had. He was concerned. "Why do you worry, Rahvin?"

"I-I just do not understand it, Sevora." The man sounded hesitant. He had never sounded hesitant.

"I do not either, Rahvin, most of it."

"Then why did you sound…happy."

"I have won several victories."

"Against…Ghurdan?" Rahvin filled the name with disgust, and Sevora smiled again.

"Yes. And I have just realized another," she said, almost excitedly, her smile growing. "He has shown me how tightly he holds on to his position. Too tightly, and the more power slips through his fingers because of it." Now Rahvin was smiling too. The man had changed so much in so little time. There was so much she did not understand. Sevora was surprised that realization had not effected her in the least. "Acceptance," she whispered, and Rahvin surprised her by nodding. Suddenly, words flew through her mind, almost too quickly for her to realize them. It was because, at them, her heart skipped a beat. You do not know! At first thought, it made her believe Ghurdan knew she had been…abandoned, but, after thought…she did not know. "You do not know," she said quietly, looking up at Rahvin again. "He said that."

"And you do not, do you?" he said quietly, sounding a bit sad and…was it sympathetic? The man was being compassionate!

"Do not soften at the coming of hardships, Rahvin. You soften."

"Forgive me, Sevora, but I--"

"Worry."

"Yes."

Sevora sighed heavily, then, arranging her bed made of various sheets and blankets, mostly woolen, and she lay down in her blood red robes. Rahvin only sat down, and Sevora could see his shadowed form on the edge of the tent long into the night.
Thanks again! And sorry everyone! I've fallen a bit behind! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 08-21-2003, 05:36 AM   #340
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Excellent post Durelin [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
“Before we do anything we need position archers..” cut in Dristi.

“Is done,” said Ghurdan wearily, “They are positioned on the rocky out crops either side of the tribes camp.”
Does this mean they have already been dispatched?? If so I will prepare a post for Zasfal and the archers [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 06:31 AM   #341
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Nerindel: Yeah, I think it would make more sense if they were already dispatched. Anyways that is what I had in mind when I wrote it .

[ August 21, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #342
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The warriors are engaged. The battle is on! Write away, you bloodthirsty lot! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #343
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Can this go into one of the saves please [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zasfal had woken early, before even the sun had risen above the horizon. He was restless so he strapped on his weapons and picked up his bow and went to take a walk in the cool breezes before the sun rose. But before he had reached the flap of his tent, Ghurdan barged in the three other archers in tow. "You will leave at once and take up positions to the east and west of the infidels camp" Ghurdan ordered, not giving the young man a chance to protest the intrusion. "But there is only four of us" he said recovering from the initial shock of the request and not liking the odds if they were discovered. "do not fret my friend you are to take the teenage girl Najah and any she deems skilled in archery.
Ghurdan then drew a small layout of the camp from his previous scouting mission and pointed out the rocky outcroppings and how to get to them unseen, "You will take the east side and set light to the camp, hopefully that will be enough to spook their horses and disorient their riders enough for our charge, but if not then we have Najah and her archers fire volley after volley in their midst. the five of them laughed wickedly as they thought about the chaos and carnage they would inflicted upon their enemies.

Once Ghurdan had left, the Four archers went to Find the girl named Najah. As Zasfal approached the young ones camp he came face to face with Jasara "Can I help you!" she said staring at him suspiciously, "Yes the one named Najah is to come with us, she is also asked to bring those archers she deems ready for battle!" he answered evenly, looking about the youngsters to see which she was.

"Najah!" Jasara called without removing her gaze from the four archers before her. "Yes, Jasara" one of the youngsters answered, Zasfal watched as the girl no older than seventeen years walk confidently up to Jasara's side and waited patiently to be spoken to.

"Gather together the best archers we have!" Najah nodded then hurried off to gather those she deemed among their best. Time passed slowly as they waited for Najah's return, Jasara just stood staring at them, no not staring at them but through them! Zasfal shivered at the thought, bringing a slight satisfactory smile to the young girls lips, he returned her smile with a deep scowl. Just then Najah returned with fifteen archers most of them Zasfal was pleased to note looked over their fourtenth year. "we leave at once!" he told them nodding approvingly at the young archers before him. "And just where are we going?" Najah asked, "I will explain while we march, but the battle begins with us!" he grinned evilly. Najah matched his grin then they all set out together.

As they marched Zasfal explained, to Najah what was required of her and her archers. "My group will take the east ridge and await the arrival of our main forces, before the charge we will fire our arrows into the camp and among the horsemen starting fires, " "in the hope to spook the horses" she grinned finishing his sentence, "But I must warn you that the horses of the painted sands do not spook easily" she went on. Zasfal grinned, nodding as though anticipating her words and said "That is were you and your group come in, while their archers try to locate us, you will fire volleys from the west ridge taking down as many of their horses as you can, with their riders horse-less our army will have the advantage." there was a wicked gleam in her eyes as she perceived her role in the upcoming battle.

Before they reach the outer limits of the Tribes scouting parties they split up, Zasfal taking five of Najah's archers with him and one last time making sure that Najah knew what was expected of her. Then He and the other three archers from the Fire Spray along with five smaller figures silently climbed into the rocky ridge they had not gone far when the heard a soft growling, and the pad, pad of feet, "Shh!" Zasfal said raising his hand to halt the men, they listened intently, "Dogs???" one whispered uncertainly, "Three!" another said his ear pressed against the cool ground. Zasfal raised his index finger in the air to feel the direction of the breeze it was coming from, behind them! he thought. "Get ready!" He yelled but his words were lost to the loud barking and snarling of the Large dogs as they came Charging round the corner.

Zasfal was knocked to the ground by the first dog, he rolled on the ground trying to wrestling the great beast off, dodging his head to stop it's huge jaws from ripping off his face. After a few minutes struggle he managed to tuck his legs under the mutts underbelly and kick out sending it flying, he heard a crack as it impacted with the rocky wall. He slowly stood up breathing deeply, Sweat dripping from the ends of his hair and down the ridge of his nose. "It must have broke it's ribs" he sighed. But as he drew his sword to finish it off, he heard a snarl he looked up just in time to see its huge jaws coming towards his throat, he quickly banked right and raised his curved sword. The blade slide right through the dogs under belly, but not before it had clamped it's huge jaws around his left shoulder. He fell to the ground under the weight of the dead beast.

After a few seconds struggle he managed to heave the beasts corpse off, as he got up he saw two of the youngsters finish off another of the dogs, as he turned he saw that one of his men had not fared so well, Zasfal almost bulked as he saw the beast rip out the mans throat, the dog turn, blood dripping from it's maws, it growled at him then seeing it's dead companions it turned to flee. "We can't let it get away!" Ghurdan cried lifting his bow and taking aim, The others must have done the same, as a barage of arrows struck the beast, it gave a loud howl then fell, never to tend its herds again.

"Quickly!" Zasfal called to the other's "we have been waylaid far too long." They reached the high outcropping just in time to see the Tribes men fall back, now one archer short they began their attack. Zasfal Quickly lit the torch they carried and stuck it in the ground. Together they soaked their specially prepared arrows and fired into the camp setting the line of folded canvas tents alight, with their second volley they fired at the archers, who now rose from their hiding place and fired on them as predicted. Zasfal grinned as he heard the whistling of arrows from the youngsters on the opposite ridge and Ghurdan's cry as he signalled the Charge.

Or maybe not! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Nerindel grabs Ghurdan's spear and pokes Pio with it, yelling stay out of my brain! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

but seriously Pio I've just read your post and it seems we think alike, I'll leave this post here and have a think about it and try to edit it some time tomorrow. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

But I would like to point out this:

Quote:
Durelin, Lyra, Arien: Ghurdan will suggest that Zasfal and other 3 archers take up positions in the rocky outcropping either side of the Tribes camp. (where I see them being attacked by bremah's large dogs, before firing on the camp )

Aylwen, Sophia Maybe Jasara or Khasia would what some of their archer to go too?
This:

Quote:
Najah could take a few of the better archers with her to the outcroppings. If Bremah's dogs attack, is Najah allowed to hack one of them to pieces? Najah gets violent sometimes...And I don't mind if all the young archers die, so long as Najah doesn't since that just doesn't seem right for her.
And this:

Quote:
“Is done,” said Ghurdan wearily, “They are positioned on the rocky out crops either side of the tribes camp.”
[ August 21, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 08-22-2003, 02:01 AM   #344
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

When you do decide where you want the post - please tell me the exact location.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:29 AM   #345
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Lyra - your PM's are full! sent you this:

Quote:
Pio- Sammael has a big problem with women fighting, so I thought it would be interesting if he came up against Jamilah- either he refuses to fight her or he kills someone on his own side to protect her? But if this conflicts with your ideas that's fine.
Jamílah is armed and charging into the fray.

Shall we have the two of them meet up?

If so - go ahead and write something and I'll respond [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 04:55 AM   #346
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

ok, Pio I've edited my post I hope you don't mind that I left in the attack by the dogs [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

anyway can you please put it in the save spot dated August 21, 2003 09.17am

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

righty ho! everyone Ghurdan is on his way to save Jasara from Husam and Zasfal has just killed Ishak bin Ishak. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 08-22-2003, 12:12 PM   #347
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

My save post has been filled. Najah is on a killing spree and Jasara is waiting for Ghurdan to save her. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 08-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #348
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hate the fact that I have to do this, but I guess that I'd better get it over with. I no longer have home internet access (I'm in an internet cafe), so I'm really sorry but I have to pull out of all my RPGs. There's just no way I could keep up with them. I'm sorry to let everyone down, and I'm disappointed for myself. If I'm really lucky it will get sorted in a couple of weeks, but it might be a lot longer. I've really enjoyed the BDs and this game.

Bye everyone, and use my characters how you like. Kill them or whatever.

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-22-2003, 07:00 PM   #349
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

NOOOOOOOO! Lyra!

*sniff* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I think I will continue as Sammael, having him meet up with Jamilah, if it's alright that I do it, Pio? I just thought that was a really neat idea. *sniff* I just wanna cry! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Well, on a happier note *sniff*... Okay okay, I'll stop! On a happier note, all the battle posts are awesome! We're doing great! Except...has the archer problem been settled? It has, right? Everything's good? Okay.

Sorry if I'm kind of spastic, but school is starting in two days and I want to DIE! So, anyways, I ask you again to stay with me and not to make fun of me too much. Thanks! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] A post for Sevora/Sammael will be up soon, I hope. Then I believe I will end the battle with Sevora getting mortally wounded, and the few people that are left alive try to help her, and then she has her final words! Just let me know when you need me to put that up, Pio, so we can then wrap up the game in a couple of posts. And Arien will do the last post since Dristi will be in charge finally!

Okay? Okay. And thanks again!
Old 08-23-2003, 12:13 PM   #350
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

Please do get something on for Sammael and Jamílah - and I will follow your lead.

~~ Pio
Old 08-23-2003, 03:54 PM   #351
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, Husam is mortally wounded [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Ealasaid Ahmad can kill Ghurdan now! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
Husam tries to kill Jasara
Ghurdan intervenes and mortally wounds Husam

Ahmad kills Ghurdan

Thorgom tries to intervene and is stabbed by Nasr, Jamílah's other son in law.
[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 08-23-2003, 06:30 PM   #352
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nasr is running over even now to Husam's side.

Okay - Here is the count for the dead as of my last post:

Ishak

Husam
Faruq
Ismat

Nasir
Tajir
Narisa
Old 08-23-2003, 09:54 PM   #353
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

If possible I would like to see your battle scenes on the game by the end of Sunday – Monday at the latest – leaving most of Monday and Tuesday for anyone’s wrap-up scene for their still living characters.

The game is scheduled to close Tuesday at midnight, Pacific Time, U.S. Let’s see if we can make that deadline.

Ealasaid – you are set up to kill Ghurdan who has just dealt a mortal blow to Husam (who will die requesting you look out for Qirfah and her children.) There is a SAVE place for you right after Nerindel’s post for Ghurdan setting him up for the kill.

Once you write that, I’ll stick in a little scene where Thorgom tries to step in and Nasr stabs him to death.

There are nine Farmers from the Village to the West with their 10 large dogs attacking from the rear – does someone want to do in say 3 of them and 4 of the dogs? The men are armed with bows, spears, cudgels, and longknives.

I’ll pick up the deaths for Essenia and Damodred (Lyra’s characters) Or does someone want to include them in the battle against the dogs and farmers and leave them dead?

Who wants to do in 1 of the Painted Sands people? Adhem – Ahmad’s cousin?
Old 08-24-2003, 02:37 AM   #354
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Pio, I will seeingas Dristi has nothing to kill yet but random tribes people.

Errr..PM me and see if we can sort something out.....

EDIT: My SAVE has now been filled.

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-24-2003, 09:57 AM   #355
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

New count for the dead:

Ishak
Adhem

Husam
Faruq
Ismat

Nasir
Tajir
Narisa

Damodred

Someone want to tske on a few dogs and farmers like I mentioned earlier? (Aylwen - Sophia is having internet access problems - can you include her in a post?)

I'll do in Essenia later today.

Durelin Please fill in your post.

Ealasaid Ghurdan awaits your deathly blade.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #356
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

No problem. I'll post later today and take a few of the young (Khasia included) off to fight some dogs and farmers. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Aylwen

Edit: Khasia, Jasara, and Uri have defeated four dogs. They found no farmers, and the rest of the dogs can be left for Essennia.

[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 08-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #357
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Okay, my save is filled. I hope it's alright. I did something wierd with Sammael, and my interpretation of Sammael's problem with women fighting is probably quite different from what Lyra had in mind. Just let me know if anything is a problem.

I hope to have Sevora's death post up soon, or perhaps later today. I will put some saves before it, since it ends the battle, and seems a lot of people still have battle posts to put up. So, in case anyone doesn't get their battle post up before I post, you can use the saves.

Thanks for a great game guys! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Durelin
Old 08-25-2003, 01:41 AM   #358
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

In Memoriam:

Ishak
Adhem
Yusef

Husam
Faruq
Ismat
Jamílah

Nasir
Tajir
Narisa

Damodred
Essenia
Thorgom
Ghurdan – almost, but not quite yet . . .

OK – looks like we need to get Sevorin and Rahvin (?) done in.

Durelin - I’m supposing you are going to do that. And I can’t recall – is Naramarth dead as yet? I think most of us have put up our battle scenes so you can go ahead and have the Priestess die.

Then brief wrap up scenes by those left alive if they wish. You can leave SAVES for these after Sevora’s death scene.

Then Arien can do her final post, and if you don’t mind I’d like to do a very brief epilog.

If Ealasaid hasn't been able to do her final posts for Ahmad, I'll do them last thing on Tuesday.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:38 AM   #359
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Sorry I was late with the death post, but it took way too long to get my creative juices flowing. I just couldn't think of a good way to end it all. I like what I finally came up with though... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I put up a save in case someone would like to post Naramarth's death, or someone could just add it to one of their other posts...? I could, if you'd like. I also put up an extra save in case anyone needs to do another battle post. And then I put three saves after my death post so that people can wrap it up but Arien doesn't have to wait to post the last post.

Pio- Wow! A beautiful death scene! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Oh, and thank you for being the moderator of this RPG, and for putting up with me. Who is slow and full of...junk... (replace with nastier word) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone for playing! You all are awesome writers and are just plain nice! I will write with you all again most likely, and I look forward to it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arien - Have fun doing the last post!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #360
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Awwww, Pio! *sighs* Wonderful death scene, just wonderful, despite the fact that it is a death scene. Durelin, I also liked Sevora's death scene a lot. Wonderful posts, everyone! Whooooo!

-Aylwen